Online Check Writer Reviews

About Online Check Writer

OnlineCheckWriter.com- powered by Zil Money is a financial technology company, not a bank or an FDIC member. OnlineCheckWriter.com offers banking services through partnership with FDIC member banks Silicon Valley Bank, Texas...

Browse Online Check Writer Reviews

Bipin
Bipin
  • Industry: Government Administration

Reviewed on 16/07/2018

One of the best Software i have used so far

very useful for my job.

Pros

Tried their Standard plan is worth /month. it has all the features i need, like Create many checks in one click, Upload from excel and create checks, Remote Support etc. Their Customer support is really good.

Cons

i didn't experienced any cons till now .Will update if i have any issues. Overall experience with Online Check Writer is excellent to me.

Response from Zil Money

Thank you, we're really happy to hear that you're getting good value out of it! The whole team here at Online Check Writer would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

Replied 11/09/2021

Reviewed on 20/08/2023

Online Checkwriter

Pros

Online Check Writer offers a convenient way to create and print checks directly from your computer. This eliminates the need for manual handwriting and reduces the time and effort required to produce professional-looking checks.

Cons

The software often comes with built-in features for tracking and managing finances. It can help you record transactions, reconcile accounts, and maintain accurate financial records.

Response from Zil Money

Thank you for your feedback on our financial tracking and management features. We're committed to providing solutions that make managing finances simpler and more efficient. our dedicated customer assistance team is here to support you every step of the way. If you have any further suggestions, feel free to share!

Replied 14/05/2024
Mike
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 10/02/2024

Software does not completely work

I have used them for the last few years to print off checks. This past year I used them to not only print off checks but also to help me interact better with the Quickbooks so it will accurately record information. OCW does not interact like it should with quickbooks.
Also I spent the entire year paying out thinking that the 1099s could be printed accurately with the software. When I went to print them off the date said 2024 which was wrong, there was no tax ID number on the forms, and the amounts were not accurate. This caused and is still causing a huge problem which in turn caused us to be late on filing our 1099s.
I cannot recommend this company due to the fact they are not ready for this type of work. I hope they will fix our issues and compensate us for the loss and damages caused by their software.

Pros

Does allow you to print checks. But to be honest the is all the pros. It doesn't keep good accurate records

Cons

Reporting is not accurate
1099s are not accurate. The amount on the 1099s do not match the dates of payments.
Does not interact with quickbooks accurately.
Mailing out physical checks from their system half the time does not reach the destination.

Quicken, QuickBooks Online and Xero

Reasons for Choosing Online Check Writer

It looked like a much easier platform for paying our team

QuickBooks Online

Reasons for Switching to Online Check Writer

It looked like it was going to be an easier more user friendly but I was completely wrong.

Response from Zil Money

We're sorry for the trouble you've experienced. We aim to ensure accuracy and are here to help rectify these issues. please call us at (408) 775-7720; we will be happy to guide you through each step.

Replied 22/02/2024

Top Online Check Writer Alternatives

QuickBooks Time

BILL Accounts Payable & Receivable

Deluxe Payment Exchange

• Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Reviewed on 16/07/2018

Check printing software is a great business solution

The most valuable thing in today's business, time...

Pros

Easy to use, friendly IU, easy to program, supports most of the OS out there, customer service is very committed to help you..

Cons

No cons for using this software, everything is great ! I cannot say that when i call customer support i received a bad services because i will be lying...

Response from Zil Money

Thank you for taking the time to review Online Check Writer. We are glad to hear that you are happy with our product and services.

Replied 11/09/2021
mimi
mimi
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Reviewed on 16/07/2018

One of my way of saying, I made my life easier using this software in my web business.

Pros

The software is very user-friendly. This is a big advantage to other software I used before. The process of signing with each check I issue is very easy, just a click of a mouse and it's done.

Cons

Nothing. The usual software is very complicated and the instructions are hard to follow especially to those who are not computer savvy.

Response from Zil Money

First of all, we would like to thank you for your kind words so far. We apologize that our service did not satisfy your expectations. . We are always improving our product and service to make our customers happy.

Jayaprakash
Jayaprakash
  • Industry: Online Media
  • Used for Free Trial

Reviewed on 15/08/2018

Online Checkwriter - a need of the hour

Pros

The emergence of Online check writer is a need of the hour. It has features akin to demand draft obtain directly from Bank. Hence, utilizing the facility a business man can save a lot of time in routine works. It is doubtless that everyone would love to hear a more attractive feature of online check draft, that is, the process does not involve any fee like credit card or ACH. The check can be accepted through phone, fax or online. There are not so much investments required to avail the facility. In every aspect, online check writer is highly beneficial to businessmen.

Cons

The output of the process is not acceptable internationally. This is the only disadvantage I can say about the software.

Response from Zil Money

First of all, we would like to thank you for your kind words so far. We're glad you like our platform and that it's working for you. We work really hard to offer you the best possible service

Richard
Richard

Reviewed on 07/05/2018

Great Software

Pros

Makes payroll a simple task, started using this software about 6 months ago for my small business and will continue to use it in the future.

This is a sponsored review

Cons

I have not found any cons about this software so far. Every time i used this payroll software it worked as described.

Rashed
Rashed
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 18/06/2018

This is very effective software for those who do business.This is a sponsored review

Saves my time and money.This is a sponsored review

Pros

Most interesting thing about this app is it's easy to use and saves money and time. Definitely recommend it .This is a sponsored review

Cons

It saves time for business man. This is the thing i like about this software. Happy to use this. Thanks.

Response from Zil Money

Thank you so much for your great review, we're glad you're enjoying Online Check Writer and would love to hear from you if you need any help using the tool. Hope to see you again.

Julio
Julio
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 17/07/2018

Very easy to use, helpful, intuitive and lifesaving

The greatest benefit was saving a lot of time, i don't have to draft 20 or 50 checks at month, it was indeed a great add to my company

Pros

It is a very easy to use software to keep track and write your checks online, that way you don't have to keep your check wallet around with you anymore, very intuitive, it is a definitive must have if you want to get rid of your old checkbook

Cons

I couldn't find any major flaws on it, it is easy to you and never has let me down, it was a great purchase

Tanner
  • Industry: Music
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 17/10/2018

Pretty good!

I like that i can finally print multiple bank statements and checks without the use of that silly special paper. Sweet invention

Pros

I can print whatever checks and banking info without having to go to a in person third person

Cons

It wouldve been nice if it was free. Although i didnt really mind paying the extra.

Response from Zil Money

Great to hear! Thank you so much for your review. We've always had great feedback about the product and are really glad to hear that you're happy with it!

• Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 26/07/2022

Excellent Small Business Check Management System

Pros

I have integrated OCW into my invoicing system with awesome results. I can manage accounts payable and track and manage vendor payments all with ease. The checks I create for vendor payment are professional grade. The provided online check link is invaluable. It removes third party payment fees, and allows my customers to make direct payments, via digital check . I now process more than 80 percent of invoices directly through OCW. This product has helped me streamline and better control fiscal policy and has given me the tools I needed to further expand my business . All done at a price that this small business can afford. Id recommend them to anyone.

Cons

My only qualm, which does not detract from my overall love of this product, is to have better control over the appearance of 'checks received' through the online digital check link.

Response from Zil Money

Hi David,
That's a wonderful review. Our developers are delighted to see this. We are constantly improving the platform and will work on your suggestion related to check received appearance.

Mendel
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 25/07/2022

Used to be great, then went slowly down the drain

Mixed, they used to have knowledgeable customer support reps but lately they stopped caring.

Pros

They have a beautiful intuitive interface, I used to recommend it to everyone I knew.

Cons

They frequently change their pricing.
Every time i was charged for something not previously disclosed, they would tell me the feature was just a trial and now it costs money, and that went without any kind of notice, totally misleading.
It's not that i wanted free stuff, i was already paying $500 a year for this Sofware.

Response from Zil Money

Hi Mendel,
Thank you for the feedback. Please call our team; we will create a custom plan for you.

Vishal
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 25/07/2022

Powerful product, but with plenty of bugs/glitches

Good, powerful software. It has definitely improved our process. If the software could be made less buggy particularly around creating duplicate checks, it would be great.

Pros

Has most of functionality we are looking for when it comes to writing checks. We have 90+ bank accounts and need to ability to print checks using blank check paper from any of them on demand.

Great customer support

Cons

Plenty of glitches. When importing ten or more checks, we usually end up with duplicates which have to be cleaned out.

There does not seem to be a way to import the details of a transaction onto the stub. This would be valuable to see the detailed breakdown of the accounts and amounts that the check is composed from.

Response from Zil Money

Hi Vishal,
Thank you for this valuable feedback; our development team will work on your suggestions.

Jason
  • Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 25/07/2022

Great option if you have a lot of accounts

Pros

I have a business model that manages dozens of bank accounts. I needed a centralized check printing software. OCW was perfect for my needs, is reasonably priced, and is easy to use. It was the perfect solution for what we needed.

Cons

The pricing structure can be a little steep, but the "pay as you go" option that is now available seems to work for my needs. I would like to see a cheaper, all-in, option with unlimited accounts.

Response from Zil Money

Hi Jason,
Thank you for this excellent review. Please call our team; we will create a custom plan for you.

Chad
  • Industry: Law Practice

Office management made easier

The system is easy to use, and support is easy obtained.

Pros

OnlineCheckWriter.com allows me to send payments to my staff with the click of a button. Often, checks are needed to cover legal filing fees. This system permits me to email checks to my staff easily and quickly.

Cons

I do not like the cost per check email that was recently implemented. I email most checks because of our remote working structure and rather pay a highly annual rate rather than be charged for each emailed check.

BILL Accounts Payable & Receivable, Wave and Asana

Ease of use

Response from Zil Money

Hi Chad,

Thank you much for this honest review; we value your feedback.
Please call us for a custom plan that suits your requirement.

Jessica
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 27/07/2022

Check printing for the impatient but needy

Great and affordable

Pros

Easy to use and navigate easy to design easy to get and not too complicated at all

Cons

The Only thing I didn't like is that when if I were to click and not know I had any credits then I would have to remake the whole check all over again because I already clicked it and it considered it already printed

Response from Zil Money

Thank you very much for this great review, Jessica. We have noted your suggestion regarding credit tracking before taking any action: we will make it happen soon.

Nathaniel

Reviewed on 09/08/2022

Great Product and service

Easy to use and very affordable for all! Always seem to be trying to make the experience better with great updates. Including additional features, controls and options. The pricing modules are fantastic and extremely convenient. I love this program and use it even for bill pay.

Pros

Cons

It could be more user friendly. But I understand because it has so many features.

Response from Zil Money

Thank you Nathaniel for this great review.

Replied 30/08/2022
Jason

Sketchy

While the software works it lacks the features and functionality of some of the competitors. This was easy to overlook when they did not nickel and dime you on all of the transfers. They recently changed the pricing without warning and it is much more expensive to accept and receive any payments. We have stopped using and are moving to a more reliable and now less expensive option.

Pros

I liked that it synced with our ZOHO books account

Cons

The inability for my to accept payments via ACH into my account

Response from Zil Money

Hi Jason,
We understand you are upset with our recent price increase. As you have noted, we provide a high-quality platform and have to start charging for transactions to maintain quality. But, for a customer like you, our 499.99 plan can cut transaction costs by 81%. Moreover, this plan provides $500 worth of free credit, which effectively cancels the subscription cost and simultaneously reduces the transaction charges to meagre rates. If you still feel the price is high, we can provide custom plans suitable for your transactions. Please call us, and let's help you find a plan that fits your requirement perfectly.

William
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 26/07/2022

Easy personal checkwriting, saves me time, space, and hassle!

This service saves me a lot of time and energy by keeping things digital. I don't have to go shopping or looking for envelopes or remember where I put stamps. It also keeps a digital record of my payments without any extra work. When payment systems are slow to move over to electronic systems, Online Check Writer bridges an important gap!

Pros

I don't like to do much printing, mailing, or stocking of paper goods like envelopes and stamps. It's so much faster when I receive a bill to put the information into this service than it would be to write things out and go post it myself! I handle a pretty low volume of payments, but this makes them feel way easier when they come around!

Cons

Sometimes it takes a few days longer than I'd hope to get a check sent out. It doesn't take me much active time, but if I'm in a huge rush on a deadline I will write checks out myself because I know it can take a week or two to get them printed, sent, and received otherwise.

Response from Zil Money

Hi William,
Thank you for the positive review. We will check with the mail check team to understand what happened with your mail check order and why it was delayed. There is no reason for it to face any delay. Thank you for the feedback.

Kelley
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 04/08/2022

Great alternative to Quickbooks for printing checks..

Pros

It works great and I can modify as needed.

Cons

I wish it would use the imported vendor address and not the previously saved. I've sent several checks to the wrong address because I updated it in Quickbooks, but it still printed as old address.

Response from Zil Money

Thank you for the wonderful review.Online Check Writer users can now export checks from Online Check Writer to QuickBooks. With the QuickBooks pushback feature, users can import bank accounts, payee lists, and category lists from QuickBooks, create checks in Online Check Writer and then export the checks to QuickBooks.It works great and you can modify as needed.

Replied 09/11/2022
Hyghner
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 06/01/2023

Works great as advertise not many software does that

gets the job done

Pros

Check Writing and bill payments ease of use

Cons

Unattractive invoices need Qr codes for customer payments

QuickBooks Time

Reasons for Choosing Online Check Writer

Checks Writing

QuickBooks Online

Ease of use

Response from Zil Money

Hello Hyghner, Thank you for the feedback. We are always improving our products to make our customers happy.

Replied 10/01/2023
ARQUIMEDES
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 09/11/2020

Online Check Writer the Best software

My overall experience with Online Check Writer is amazing!
It is very useful and affordable software.

Pros

The way we can handle the checks using for instance checks by email and Checks Printing Software, that allows us to Print at anytime and from everyplace we are.

Cons

I have to say that this software doesn't have any thing bad. I mean I don't have any complain about this software, for me this software is 1000/1000!

Response from Zil Money

Thank you for the wonderful positive review.Glad to hear about our platform work well for you

Replied 09/11/2022
Brandon

Reviewed on 01/08/2022

Online Check Writer

Pros

We had a need for a check writing software that did not limit us to their supplies or a number of checks per credit. Online Check Writer filled that need in a great and affordable way.

Cons

The English is bad in some spots, but getting better,

Response from Zil Money

Thank you Brandon for the review.

Replied 02/08/2022
Mikheil
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 05/08/2022

Very well written executed software

Pros

It's very easy to use and quick and offered wide range of options.

Cons

Well I feel like it not fully polishes yes and need little work.

Response from Zil Money

Hi Mikheil,
Thank you very much for such a great review. We truly appreciate you finding time to review our product

Replied 08/08/2022
Kim
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 01/08/2022

A super helpful and intuitive solution

It's been great! Everything that I need and simple to use.

Pros

Online checkwriter is incredibly easy to use and implement. It is a perfect solution to pair with Quickbooks Online.

Cons

I use Online Check Writer exclusively for printing processed checks. There seem to be a lot of other features but I am not utilizing them due to the way our business is structured.

Response from Zil Money

Thank you Kim for the review. As you have noted we do provide a host of services apart from check printing. We offer an all-in-one payment platform in which you can do credit card payments even where they are not accepted, wire transfer, ACH, echecks, get-paid links and more.

Replied 02/08/2022