Google Workspace Reviews

4.7

4.7

About Google Workspace

Google Workspace (formerly G Suite) is a cloud-based suite of collaboration and document management tools designed to help businesses manage video meetings, presentations, multi-person video calls and live streaming. Key features...

Browse Google Workspace Reviews

15,369 of 15,375 reviews
Enaan
Enaan

Reviewed on 12/03/2022

A great business collaboration tool

Google Workspace has been an amazing asset to my business. The apps are user-friendly and the collaboration tools are top-notch. I love the ability to easily share files and communicate with my team members. The pricing is also very affordable. The business apps integration is also a great feature - you can easily access your email, calendar, and contacts from within the workspace. Overall, I've found Google Workspace to be a great tool for business collaboration.

Pros

Google Workspace is the most complete way to work from anywhere specifically when you have to work both from home and office. Google Workspace includes Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Docs, Google Sheets and Slides. I can use all these services from one place with a single login. It's saves a huge time.
I can work with others team mate at the same time on the same document and see their changes in real time.

Cons

It is little bit hard to configure for the first time if you are not a tech savvy guys.

Microsoft 365

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

For the value of time and collaboration.

Slack

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

I chose Google Workspace because it is easy to use and integrates well with other Google products. It also has a good price point compared to other options.
Jen
Jen
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 31/08/2022

"Worth the Price", I keep reminding myself...

My relationship with Google Workspace could definitely be described as "conflicted". I love many of the features, but other aspects, such as trying to understand their instructions and the added fees to add extra domain names, frustrates me.

Pros

What makes me stay with Workspace is the extreme capacity for file storage (you get much higher limits with a paid Workspace account, vs their free Google Drive accounts), and easy management of sending/receiving emails with one of my domain names. I appreciate how easy it is to send and receive email through my primary domain, and I like the ability to share a folder between my multiple Google email addresses. I am a "solo-preneur," but since I have many projects, I have multiple emails, and it's nice to be able to access the folder from basically every email address I've shared it with.

Cons

I really want to give Workspace higher reviews. What stops me? A few issues: 1. The fact that to add each additional domain name is an extra $12/month. 2. They say alias domains are free; they essentially redirect to a primary domain, or any other domain you've set up in your organization. But thus far, I have set up several and cannot get a single one of them to actually work. I keep getting "undeliverable" notices. 3. Their instructions are absolutely NOT "user-friendly". I dread looking up instructions on how to implement anything in Google Workspace, because their dry instructions were apparently written with the assumption that everyone reading them is on the same level of knowledge that the coders were.

Titan Email

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

I have heavily considered switching to Titan Email, as I was offered a low-cost trial to this through my domain registrar. However, Google is more familiar to me (even if, as they say, "familiarity breeds contempt"). I appreciate the aspects of Google Workspace that I use regularly, and don't want to trade one set of problems for other problems another set-up might potentially cause me.
Denis
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 23/04/2024

A must Have A/V/W Conferencing GURU

Pros

Google Workspace makes it easy to access all office tools in one digital workspace from audio, video conferencing to document management.

Cons

Google has the best IT tools, I do not experience any problem when using GW.

Top Google Workspace Alternatives

Microsoft OneNote

Workplace from Meta

Microsoft Azure

Annalisa

Reviewed on 22/05/2019

GSuite Makes Process Collaboration Easy

That being said, overall, GSuite is one of the most-used tools by me. I work with data sets, creative projects, photos, and more as a Social Media Coordinator and Admin. My joint-role means I'm working on a lot of different kinds of projects, and my fast-paced timelines means the consolidation of tools in one place makes G Suite super appealing and efficient. Highly recommend.

Pros

It's so easy to collaborate with GSuite. Just this week we kicked-off a complete overhaul of our processes due to retiring staff, and desire for standardization. I'll focus on Team Drives, and document sharing:
-With GSuite, we set up a Team Drive that all staff have access to. It's easy to find when you click Drive, right there under your personal drive.
-Using Gsuite allowed not only our manager, but also staff, to create folders as buckets of processes. For example, we use Slate, and an older CRM system, Banner, which each have wildly different levels of technical execution, but are used at the same time. Our staff just dumped a bunch of individual processes which we can now view, edit, and share back as the standardization process continues.
-Easy to see who made edits, and when. So, if we have a question about a process line, we'll simply look to the edit, and can easily track and clarify questions.
-GSuite does, however, have an incredible range of tools, which are all equally visible, editable, and sharable. One of the most values tools I use at work.

Cons

There are only a few cons about GSuite.
-In Google Sheets in GSuite, the organization and visual user interface is not optimal. Because whatever was just edited shows up at the top, there's no way to predict a good method of searching for documents.
-GSuite in general has this issue with visual user interface among projects, including Sheets

• Industry: Environmental Services

Reviewed on 27/02/2024

Great alternative to other Office Suites

Only working with it since December 18 as it is my companies preferred office suite, I found it very easy to adapt to and a little bit more intuitive to use. Unlearning 30 years of using a different platform was the only thing that makes it hard. If GW is all you have every been exposed to it is easy to learn and operate within.

Pros

Ease of use. With over 30 years experience with the major competitor, Google Workspace was very easy to pick up. Help and training resources are readily available, and easy to understand. The interoperability between google branded programs in workspace is pretty intuitive and seamless.

Cons

It some ways it is not as robust as Microsoft, but it makes up for it in ease of use. Google does not have open API with some third party programs (DocTract) for instance. Which does require us to have a subscription to Microsoft as well. There are some advanced functions that have been brought into Power Point that Google slides does not keep up with. I wish they did. I would still recommend Google as a good alternative.

Brendan

Excellent For Company-Wide File Sharing

Pros

Creating shared drives so that all of us have access to critical information in a timely manner.

Cons

I have never spoken to anyone at Google ever, and I am scared to even try.

Rayhann
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 04/05/2024

Google Workspace Review

Pros

One of the main things I like about Google Workspace is how easy it is to navigate around and use. Many industries use it and I can see why. For me, I use it to create lesson plans and share it with my advisors and students. I also really like how it frequently updates its interface.

Cons

Although this is not really a big issue, but rather a complaint. One of the things I really don't like about the Google Workspace is how it makes me sign in to some of the accounts I don't use by default. For instance, if I have an account that I use frequently and one that I don't use, Google will make me sign into the one that I don't use.

D'Andre
  • Industry: Market Research

Google Workspace Review

My overall experience using Google Workspace has been positive. The platform offers a seamless integration of productivity tools like Gmail, Google Drive, Docs, Sheets and Calendar, making collaboration and communication within teams efficient and effective. The cloud-based nature of Google Workspace allows for easy access to files and information from anywhere and the regular updates and improvements keep the platform relevant and user-friendly. Overall, I find Google Workspace to be valuable and indispensable tool for individuals and businesses a like.

Pros

I liked the seamless integration across all the productivity tools, like Gmail, Calendar, Drive and Docs. It made it easy to collaborate with others in real-time and stay organized with all my tasks and communications in one place. The versatility and cloud-based nature of Google Workspace also made it easier to access my work from any device.

Cons

It was the occasional limitations in customization and flexibility compared to other productivity suites. While it offers a wide range of features and tools, some users may find that certain advanced customization options or integrations are not as easily accessible or possible within the platforms.

Huili
  • Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 03/05/2024

Google Workspace

Overall is good, I usually use it most every day.

Pros

Organized well. I preciate Google Workspace for its seamless integration of various productivity tools such as Gmail, Google Drive, Google Docs, Sheets, and Meet. Its collaborative features make it easy for teams to work together in real-time, regardless of their physical location.

Cons

The space storage is not that much, I need to spend more money to buy to space. I

Destiny
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 02/05/2024

Easy to use tool for emerging businesses

Pros

The ease of use, it's universal (i.e. most people are familiar with it), and price point.

Cons

Sometimes when I'm trying to share documents and believe I've changed the settings to make it accessible, it's not accessible.

• Industry: Civil Engineering

Reviewed on 23/07/2019

Advanced, easy, intuitive and simple set of collaboration and business tools

Great suite for collaboration, office work and simple document management...

Pros

It is great cross platform set of tools that easily orchestrate variety of business activities. Not that it is only e-mail service, it is way too more. Great integration with calendar, notes, Google keep and many other services helps a with organizing our team, as well as having most of our documents and important data on the go, with our mobile phones, no matter of the brand or even mobile OS.

Cons

Whenever you have any kind of problem, you have really good knowledge base, but it is almost impossible to get in touch with live person to discuss specific problems. Everything is automatized, maybe even more than it should be.

Zimbra Collaboration Suite

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

In the moment of implementation Microsoft, as an old partner did not offer any cloud based e-mail services. As the time passed, G-suite grew, and became more and more complex, covering most of required functions, including mobile device management for android phones.

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

Great cross platform possibility of use, and users legacy and knowledge in google services...
Marisa
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 17/02/2020

One of the Best File Storage Systems for Teams

We were having a huge problem with document version control, not knowing where things were (which also related to version control) and it was costing us valuable time and productivity.

Now that we have G Suite, that isn't a problem anymore. We just might have to tell someone where a folder is now and then but usually we have it set up pretty intuitively. Plus, because of things like Google Docs and Sheets, we can collaborate on documents that are saved inside of our Team Drive. It makes things so easy!

We knew that this product would help us when we decided to purchase it but I'm not sure we realized just how much.

Pros

I love that everything is in 1 place. Our team no longer has to try to figure out who has what file because we know to just put it on the Team Drive. It's also nice because we can share files out to people who aren't in our team which makes things like website downloads really nice because if we need to update it, we just update the current file and don't have to change the link.

It has really helped our team be more productive and save time because we're not searching for files like we used to with SugarSync. (Plus trying to remember to share folders with everyone.)

I also love that everything is streamed to my computer (unless I have specifically selected to have offline access to something). That way, if I'm working on things where I don't need access to Team Drive, I can just close it. Doesn't take up any extra space on my machine.

Cons

One feature I wish we had although I do kind of understand why it's not available would be the ability to share folders within a Team Drive. Sometimes I feel like it would be easier to share a folder with a client to give them access to everything that they need but for now we either have to individually give access to every file or copy it to our My Drive and issue access that way.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

We were having problems of people not knowing where things were, folders wouldn't always sync properly, some people didn't have access to folders and wouldn't realize it, version control, etc. All in all, it was costing a lot of time. And the price wasn't worth it for that headache.

SugarSync

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

For the money and the features at the time that we were looking, G Suite worked better for us. I believe it was the only one with unlimited data storage at the time.
Margarita
Margarita
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Reviewed on 26/05/2020

The total IT solution for schools!

We use Gsuite for gradebooks, report cards, student information systems, HR forms, office programs, storage of photos and videos and email online 'drive' cloud storage for all our needs.

Pros

Gsuite offers all the tools you need for collaborative document creation from forms, surveys, spreadsheets, slides (powerpoint), cloud storage, calendars, note taking, accounting and reports.

The templates available for education have many solutions available from lesson planners, calendars, quiz creation, gradebook, reports and meeting programs. Templates can be shared within the community and you can find templates that other schools use and share if it is not available in the standard set. The organizational email system is way more user friendly than other systems. I have worked with a team to establish Gsuite in two schools as the main system, and we are a Google school and the staff and admin do not need Microsoft office anymore as this system covers alternatives to those program.

It auto-saves your work and when working on collaborative documents it is easy to see who has input different items and easily go back and restore previous versions if needed.

Easily compatible to connect data to Google sites.

Cons

I wish that all the options that are available for excel exist in the Google Spreadsheets - e.g. being able to select multiple tabs and edit all of them at the same time.

As a private international school it is fairly costly with a charge per staff user. Support education in the private sector too - it needs a substantial budget for large schools.

Murtaza
  • Industry: Research

Reviewed on 27/09/2020

Better price/storage than any of the competitors!

It's a pretty great product overall, however, the lack of communication from their support team, and more importantly their lack of presence in updating the features towards Linux distributions is disappointing. In spite of that, they are pretty much above every other competing product, when compared to ease of use, and fluidity between moving across projects, and teams.

Pros

The G Suite functionality is perfect for collaborating across different teams. The versioning system is quite intuitive as compared to other archaic methods. One of the most enticing thing about G-Suite is that it provides and end-to-end offering from domains, docs to storage with Google Drive. There are other competing products, but they do not really match the G-Suite with it's tight integration with different operating systems, and more specifically with the Chrome browser, that enables cross-platform support even for Linux distros.

Cons

G Suite docs are great for versioning and creating quick drafts and share ideas, however the docs that include, slides/spreadsheet/text are severely lacking in features that MS Office has, specifically in terms of the flexibility in customizing margins for example, or even basic features in editing complex math/symbols.

Additionally, support for Google Drive while great for Windows/OS X operating systems, is non-existent for Linux distros, specifically their Google File Stream offering, which was one of the driving motivation to switch over to the G Suite.

Jared

Reviewed on 12/05/2022

Google Workspace Review

As a power user, I find it helpful that I'm able to get a lot of things done in a short amount of time without dealing with a lot of back end or support issues because the downtime is rare if minimal and I can access my files offline if needed. Additionally, I'm not limited with my storage capacity or feeling like it's a separate process then just getting all functionality that I need.

Pros

I'm able to do a lot more functionality in regards to my business and bring collaboration with every partner I work with.

Cons

The only issues I have is it doesn't integrate my calling or texting and it's a separate feature with Google so that I would have to share things separately instead of simultaneously.

Dropbox Business and iCloud

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

Just found it restrictive to be paying for Google one storage and paying for OneDrive, iCloud and Dropbox all in one without having the functionality to also have meetings, email and other office products

OneDrive

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

The limit in device capacity & functionality and also offline access to files.
Kennan
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 19/09/2022

Google Workspace changed how our nonprofit team functioned

Collaboration, communication, and organization have all improved tremendously since we implemented Google Workspace. All of our team's files are stored in Google Drive and can easily be linked in emails or using Google Spaces. Our calendar manages the bookings in every room in our building as well as all the team's calendars and we can see who and what's available and when very easily. The tasks feature let's us set deadlines and assign projects to specific team members. Almost all of our communication headaches have been addressed by Google Workspace.

Pros

As a small nonprofit with a lot of moving parts and every team member doing a large variety of tasks, we struggled a lot with communication and collaboration. We heard about Google for Nonprofits, which provides Google Workspace free-of-charge for qualifying organizations, and it revolutionized our workflow.

We had tried other programs like Trello and ClickUp, and while their designs are great, it was hard to get our team to use them as part of their daily work. Google Space provides the same service, but tasks are built directly into the email interface that our team already uses daily. We can now all keep track of responsibilities and projects with a few simple clicks and quick communication has never been easier.

Cons

The biggest learning curve came with the admin side of things, because the program is so robust, there is a lot to learn before you really start making use of all the parts. Thankfully, the customer service team is great and Google's knowledge base for nearly any issue you can think of made sure we were never hung up on anything for too long.

Workplace from Meta, Microsoft Teams and monday.com

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

Team members struggled with trying to integrate new programs hosted on another webpage and felt the learning curve was too steep. We needed something simple and already integrated.

Trello and ClickUp

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

The Google for Nonprofits program was a huge draw for an organization like ours.
Daniela

Reviewed on 07/07/2023

Good but some features should be improved

If I forget about the month of time I wasted to migrate from one Google Workspace account to a new one, overall it is quite good.Although the Google Drive section cold be improve. The navigation is not very user friendly.There are several interesting apps and GMail works well.

Pros

The space to store the documents is good (depending on how much you pay of course) and it makes the files available and accessible from anywhere, which is a plus.I use it a lot to share files and documents and it is easy to create links and share folders.I like the fact that it is possible to use the GMail app for corporate emails, avoiding the need of using outlook or other email systems that do not work well.

Cons

I started a new account with Google Workspace migrating from another account I already had in Google Workspace.It should have been the easiest thing in the world for Google to simply change my account name. All my files where already there, I just had to add the new corporate email and put the account in the name of my new company. It should have been easy and quick.Well, instead it was a nightmare. Not only Google cannot change the name in an account (or better said, they refuse to do it) but they also refused to transfer my files from one account to the next. I had to download ALL my files of years and move them to the new account. But even this is not easy. Google Workspace does not let you download all your files easily. If a folder is above a certain size (I believe above 2 GB), they break it down randomly in many different files that are then impossible for you to rearrange in the same folder. So, you have to download your files and folders almost one by one and then upload them to the new account. It took me one month of work, time that I did not have and I do no appreciate wasting in something completely useless. This is definitely something Google should work on because it is not acceptable at all.

iCloud

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

Only because not everyone works with Apple. If people do not have Mac laptops or iPhones it is more complicated to use iCloud, while instead everyone uses Google, regardless of the hardware they have.But this is the only reason. If I did not have to share my work with other people, I would have definitely gone for iCloud.

Reviewed on 14/08/2023

Google Workspace makes my job so much easier!

Using Google Workspace has been a terrific. I really appreciate the ability to collaborate with others in real time and edit working documents even after they've been shared. It would be hard to use anything else in the future!

Pros

As an HR professional who works regularly in documents, Google Workspace has made my job so much easier. I was coming from a Microsoft environment and had never used Google for my work before. My kids use it for school but it was completely unfamiliar to me. When I joined my current company, I quickly saw the merit of Google Workplace for collaboration and document efficiency. I absolutely love how multiple users can collaborate in real time in the same document and that I can make quick corrections and edits to a document after sharing it with others rather than having to email them a revised document or new version with my corrections. So much more efficient and it has also saved me from sharing incorrect data or typos to others - a real bonus!! Organizing various drives and folders for our teams is very simple and clean and the document access options for sharing at different levels (editor, viewer, commenter, etc.) are excellent.I also find Google Sheets, Forms and Slides very easy to use. It didn't take me long to pick up the functionality and I often use Google Forms for various company surveys and ways to capture required data from others. If you are new to Google Workspace, it's very easy to pick up and there are tons of videos and posts online if you have a question on how to do something. I have officially be converted and it would be hard to go back to using anything else now!

Cons

So far I have not come across anything to note that I don't like about Google Workspace. If I had to pick one thing, maybe the inability to embed images directly into calendar invites (like for social events) but this is such a small issue in the day to day work.

• Industry: Media Production

Reviewed on 27/11/2018

Excellent and practically required suite of tools for individuals and businesses of any size

I have setup GSuite for my own company and for others. There are other options but GSuite is the best overall option for integration and working with all devices. The administration is fairly logical but not great. It shines in end user implementation due to familiarity and quality infrastructure. The infrastructure is the most reliable and without peer in my experience.

Pros

Integration of desktop and cloud with mature tools and pretty much without peer, reliability. Vast array of third party integration and add-ons. High quality mail eliminates SO MANY headaches of running own mail server.

Cons

Google support is not great at any level for any product. Frankly they come across as an arrogant company to me that doesn't value individual customers. I also started setting up GSuite for others and did not get credit from the GSuite referral program. The program itself shows the Google arrogance. Instead of what you'd expect from a referral program it is just vague, "trust us" assumptions with very little in the way of tracking your progress (this from the company that specializes in Big Data on an unequaled scale) that you have to go along with or not participate. Google rides the back of small business developers (primarily Adsense) but treats them with indifference and also kills off small business industry and while taking advantage of Open Source surreptitiously eliminates many of the great open source and "free" community based tools and services that the Internet was built on. (Google of course not the only Big company doing this. It is pretty much standard Silicon Valley) Normally I would just move on from any company like this, but Google is like the government of technology. They get their piece of everything and you have to take it. It is just too bad that they choose to be a dictatorship in their unique position, rather than egalitarian.

• Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 03/12/2019

Free G Suite for Education is the MOST amazing deal ever

Honestly, it's been an incredible investment for our organization, and I really couldn't be happier. I feel like if I was paying, however, I would like the admin console to be a bit cleaner and easier to navigate - even cleaning up the confusing wording on the instructions would be an improvement.

Pros

It's free when you are in the education sector and you can't beat that. I can't begin to tell you how much my department has saved in data storage costs alone. Totally worth it to get just that, but the host of other tools in G Suite are also amazing!

Cons

It comes with a learning curve for sure. It can be a bit difficult to understand as an administrator, and although the customization options are AWESOME, they can be complex and require time to learn and understand what they do.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

The cost of Dropbox went up

Cost
Carlos Henrique
Carlos Henrique

Reviewed on 01/11/2020

All your working needs in one place and shareable with everyone in your Company.

Since my first day the use of this software was a must!
Besides my personal use, which gave me familiarity with the tools, I'm wasn't accustomed to use with a team. In the end it was easier than I've thought!
With Sheets we could maintain everything updated to our clients and Slides was the major tool to our Chief Officers presentations. Even Engineering and Product Team improved the knowledge of new resources to our collaborators. All of this because of the easiness and speed to make a presentation or sheets.
Our Intranet is hosted on Sites and we can access everything in a few steps, with a beautiful design.
Any company documentation is on Docs, all of it hosted on the company Drive, making it a center of information and storage to these shareable information. Access limitations are on the way so anyone can see only what matters and, if needed, you could have access granted easily.
In these difficult times that we're living now, Meet is our only team meeting tool, whether for general meetings or with separated teams, one-to-one meetings are being held this way too. The call quality (even if we have 40 people simultaneously) is incredible. The chat features during the meeting and the possibility to mute someone make Meet an extraordinary tool in this compilation that is practically complete for your daily work.

Pros

Ease of use, almost everything is intuitive.
Customizable content on your mailbox (tags, folders, mail rules, models and more).
All tools you may need (Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Calendar, Meet) and they're easily shareable, extremely necessary in times like these were almost everyone is working from home.
Marketplace has extensions for almost every need or tools you use.

Cons

It should have clearer, more specific and easier to find documentation. Sometimes you may think that some resource don't exist, but, it was there all the time.
Most models should fit everyone, however, sometimes you'll need to customize from an existent model to make something more specific.

Reviewed on 05/04/2018

G Suite has managed our business systems for years and revolutionised how we work.

It centralised all of our business productivity needs. As a tool for small businesses it is immensely powerful and has the reliability to be your go to business tool.

Switching from traditional networking may be jarring, but the collaborative benefits make it worthwhile.

Getting the core productivity tools along with extras such as Google Meet for video chat and screen sharing, Google Chat for team based conversations and planning (think Slack), Calendar, Forms and a rich admin interface that let's you control and customise a great number of options for the service makes it huge value for money. You're also supported by knowledgeable Google staff if you need support with administering the system thanks to the included phone, chat and email support.

Pros

G Suite comes with a raft of tools. The basics are the office productivity software with Docs, Sheets, Slides and GMail.

The office-esque document tools are more than just basic online editor. They are competent and functional tools that would accommodate 90% of your work. The main power of Google Docs is the collaborative tools. You can edit a document live with other members of your team and see the changes instantly. If anyone has come from network-based sharing, it's a game-changer for distributed teams and ensuring that versions are not overridden.

GMail is much like the free version that you may be accustomed to. It has all of the filters and label functionality that you need to manage your inbox reliably. If you are desperate to use it in other email clients, there is IMAP connectivity and a connector for Outlook. I try and steer my colleagues away from these but the option is there for even difficult users.

Drive is a sophisticated web interface for storing all of your Google documents. Any Google documents take zero space. Other files, such as Microsoft Office documents and PDFs take up additional room as these are "real" files. Using the Google File Stream tool on your PC makes it appear as a new hard drive on your computer. You can access files on the fly from Explorer without having to download all of the files onto your drive. A neat feature of Drive is that you can store files in more than one location, a la Linux file links.

Cons

As Google have expanded G Suite to include many more tools, some services seem to fall behind. The todo / tasks tool feels like it was put together decades ago and hasn't seen any improvements.

Also, there is a learning curve. The language in GMail and Drive is different from standard mail clients and computer desktops. People need to be trained to use something that is, in principal, something that is almost the same but not quite.

Some newer features of G Suite are also paywalled. There are now three tiers of pricing for G Suite - you should check over all of the products and see which one meets your needs and if it's enough for you. Google Meet, for example, is the new version of Hangouts. I'd hoped to use this to replace Go To Meeting but some basic features are only available in the Enterprise version, making the cost exceed the product I hoped to replace.

Finally, you may be looking at Office 365 as a competitor. It's worth noting that Office 365 includes the desktop versions of Office. If this is something you need, the web-only versions of Google's tools may not be enough for you.

Reviewed on 01/02/2023

"Efficiency and Security in One: A Review of Google Workspace"

Google Workspace has received positive reviews for its ease of use, integration with other Google services, and advanced security features. Some users appreciate the ability to access their data from anywhere with an internet connection and to collaborate with their team in real-time. On the other hand, some users have expressed concerns about privacy and security, as well as compatibility issues with non-Google software.Overall, Google Workspace has been well received as a flexible and cost-effective solution for businesses looking to streamline their work processes and improve collaboration and productivity.

Pros

Collaboration: Allows teams to work together in real-time on documents, spreadsheets, and presentations.Accessibility: Data can be accessed from anywhere with an internet connection, making it easy to work remotely.Productivity: Offers a suite of productivity tools including Gmail, Calendar, Drive, and more to streamline work processes.Integration: Integrates with other Google services and third-party tools, making it easy to manage all work-related tasks in one place.Security: Employs advanced security measures such as encryption and multi-factor authentication to protect user data.Cost-effective: Offers a flexible pricing model and is generally more cost-effective than traditional office software solutions.Scalability: Can accommodate businesses of all sizes and can be customized to meet the needs of any organization.

Cons

Internet Dependency: Requires an internet connection to access data and use its features, making it less suitable for areas with poor internet connectivity.Limited Customization: Some users may find the customization options to be limited compared to other office software solutions.Privacy Concerns: As a cloud-based solution, some users may be concerned about privacy and the security of their data.

• Industry: Publishing

Reviewed on 19/07/2018

It's Either G Suite, or Microsoft... Just Choose One and Go For It!

Great integration. It's an entire platform that you can use from your laptop, desktop, phone, tablet, chromebook... anything!

Pros

I like the integration with G Suite. It's all integrated: email, Drive (file storage and sharing), Docs (Word), Sheets (Excel), drawing tools, etc. etc. There are a lot of powerful 'web apps' built in to G Suite.

Cons

1) Compatibility with Microsoft formats. We all know that Microsoft Office was king for basically ever. And many companies still use Office. Once in a while, we will send/share a document with a partner and they won't be able to open it (or they are unsure of HOW to open it). Everyone in the world has used Microsoft Office, and there are a few scenarios when we have created a file using G Suite, and our customer/partner can't open it.

2) .PDF compatibility. Where to begin? We all know that Adobe wants to own .pdf files. Everyone uses .pdfs, but you know you need a paid version or subscription of Adobe Acrobat if you want to make any significant edits to a .pdf. There is no built-in pdf editor in G Suite. There are a few 3rd party pdf editors that integrate with G Suite, but none of them are as powerful as Adobe Acrobat, and most of them require a purchase or subscription to get full features. And even then, after paying for a 3rd party 'plugin', you can't make major edits to a PDF file like you can with a paid version of Acrobat. This is half Google's fault and half Adobe. But since PDFs are everywhere, there are certainly times when we can't edit PDFs via G Suite and have to turn to Acrobat.

3) Too simplistic. I think the graphic designers at Google had too much control when designing the apps. Office has more edit and format options. G Suite needs to enable more formatting options while keeping it easy to use and easy to learn.

Miguel
Miguel

Reviewed on 07/04/2021

Helpful software to collaborate with teammates on a variety of documents

As a research driven individual, i have looked for a variety of resources that allow me to collaborate with my teammates on research articles that have a very tight deadline. I came across Google Software that is a highly sophisticated website with a variety of online features to accommodate any research needs from editing and formatting documents to creating folders for organization purposes and other features. I highly recommend this software to any organization that needs collaboration tools.

Pros

Google workspace is a highly sophisticated software that allows you to collaborate and share documents with other individuals that have been granted access via Gmail or any other chat platforms. I use this software on a daily basis to edit and format the research articles that my teammates and I are planning to publish in the future and I have found the tools provided by Google workspace to be extremely functional. One of my favorite features of the software is receiving the notifications over Gmail specifically when a certain section of the document has been assign to you or when you assign it to a team member. Also, this software makes notes of the changes made by a team member and allows to make comments on an specific section and this is extremely helpful when collaborating with others. The software works great on any browser and I recently find out that it can also be access through the phone as well which makes its functionality and versatility even better than I expected. This software is immensely functional and serves a variety of purposes for corporate or any organization, therefore, it is a highly multifaceted tool to collaborate with others on any document and it includes the online version of Microsoft excel, word, PowerPoint and many others

Cons

The software works great on any browser and it is highly functional and sophisticated. So far, I have not found any issues pertaining to its functionality, however, definitely one feature that could be added in the future is the offline access. This will be a great addition since it will allow you to work offline, on the road or when the internet malfunctions.