About TouchBistro

TouchBistro is an all-in-one POS and restaurant management system that makes running a restaurant easier. Providing the most essential front of house, back of house, and guest engagement solutions on one powerful platform,...

3.7
3.9
4.2
3.6

Browse TouchBistro Reviews

paul

Reviewed on 08/10/2016

For iPad soulution for busy restaurants, this is your answer!

I have a higher volume seafood restaurant in Key West Fl called The Stoned Crab. We wanted a system where wait staff could service multiple tables while taking orders with out having to go to a main terminal. After trying another system and seeing others that relied upon cloud support and internet we were left with a crashed system and back to basics. A good resturantuer recommended Touch Bistro, I can tell you things are now amazing, the systems works incredible off its own network(yes you loose internet and never skip a beat) it's fast, reliable and the customer support and tech can't be beat. I really lost faith in entering the market with iPads after a big faluire, but Touch Bistro made me a believer and goes out of there way to find new ways to give us data and programs that we want. To sum it up, if you want to increase service, business, effiency and have happy staff.....You just found the right system, take it from me who found then latter than sooner, you won't regret.
Paul Menta

Pros

Customer support, fast system, no internet needed to run, menu photos and special items to show to customers at table, data to watch your bottom line and a ton more.

Cons

No chip card swipe yet, I would say more program features, but when I asked for more they made more. I am having trouble with this part as the programming can be a bit tech, but they help you and then your good.

Ashley

Reviewed on 26/01/2021

Fair value for the price

It has been fair. Sometimes their customer service department is hard to get a hold of. We have found that calling in the morning hours (MST) have proven to be best odds so far.

Pros

The ease of my staff being able to use it on a daily basis to change or revise orders is much simplier than what we had prior.

Cons

The set-up was a little bit of a struggle with nested modifiers. And, we are getting ready to utilize the online ordering feature and found out that nested modifiers do not pull into the online ordering platform, which is difficult and we are going to have to find a work around.

Response from TouchBistro

Hi Ashley, thank you very much for your feedback! It's wonderful to hear that you and your staff have found TouchBistro to be easy to use. I will pass your note regarding your Online Ordering trouble on to our product team. - The TouchBistro Team

Replied 29/01/2021
Becky

Reviewed on 26/07/2022

Would Recommend

This POS has made my life so much easier. The reporting is amazing and everything is so easy. I haven't had any major issues as I've only used it for 6 months but so far I would 100% recommend.

Pros

SO easy to use - programming buttons, menus, integrating payment, splitting bills - everything about it is so easy

Cons

In person set up would have been alot easier but that's the only con I can think of

Top TouchBistro Alternatives

Sunny

Reviewed on 12/07/2022

Nightmare experience

I run a nola theme bar in wrigley Chicago. Speed is the key to the business.
The main reasons i switched to touchbistro are: unlimited free hardware and unlimited licenses/user, my [SENSITIVE CONTENT]
promised to install the hardware onsite and ensure the product works smoothly in the bar. Before i signed up with the touchbistro, i explained to my [SENSITIVE CONTENT]
the features we need.
My[SENSITIVE CONTENT]
left my bar before the installation was completed, and during the installation, i asked the[SENSITIVE CONTENT]
, how to add staff, how to add/remove items, and how to change items, and he really doesn't know how to do it and had to google. The next day we went live, and i texted my[SENSITIVE CONTENT]
how to pre-authorize, change item, and so on. he basically told me to google it and find it out myself. Shortly after that he simply ignored my texts and blocked my number.
1. long processing time (30-1min) to enter items and process the card
2. there are 2 pieces of devices (ipad and processer) my[SENSITIVE CONTENT]
told me to get the case later on but we had to deal with 2 pieces the whole time we used it.
3. can't pre-authorize efficiently (only on tabs not on tables and bar seats which was very confusing)
4. 2 ipads froze on the first day we used
5. the processor kept turning off, so we had to turn on, wait till synchronized before then process

we had to went back to Toast after 4 days of using Touchbistro. In order to break the contract, touchbistro sent me an invoice of 14,000 for the 4 days that i used. DO NOT trust what they promise.

Pros

colors on the menu buttons
unlimited software and hardware for a set price

Cons

-horrible customer service
-long processing time
-confusing reports
-false advertisement

Response from TouchBistro

Hi Sunny. I am sorry to hear about the issues you have been facing.I see you're already in contact with our CARE team but let us know if there's anything more we can do to help!

Replied 19/07/2022
Magan
  • Industry: Wine & Spirits

Reviewed on 07/06/2022

Average overall

Average

Pros

Ease of use, wireless capabilities, most of the customer service reps are knowledgeable and friendly.

Cons

Does not allow you to put a hold on credit cards for any amount. Does not work when internet is down which it is supposed to store and forward, and it does not. Was supposed to be completely wireless and is now not. Hate to have to pay for more equipment when I pay a monthly fee.

Response from TouchBistro

Hi Magan, thank you for your review.

We are sorry to hear about the issues you were facing. Please call 1-888-342-0131 and our Customer Support team who would be happy to look into this for you.

Replied 19/07/2022
Brian

Reviewed on 16/12/2021

The Best POS system

TB is the best POS system I have ever worked with in 40 years I have been in the restaurant business.

Pros

The ease of switching over from our old system to the TB system

Cons

Nothing . Everything works exactly they way we wanted .

Response from TouchBistro

Hey Brian, thank you for leaving us a review! We appreciate the kind words!

Replied 21/12/2021
Jacqueline

Reviewed on 07/09/2019

Worst customer service EVER! Will not recommend solely for that

Pros

Ease of use and functionality of the system is great

Cons

Process to split checks after order is difficult

Clover

Reasons for Switching to TouchBistro

The sales rep was convincing and over promised
Allen

Reviewed on 02/12/2021

Look elsewhere if you're considering TouchBistro!

This software has steadily gone done hill in the last 3 years. Tech support is horrible, unless you get a mid-level person who knows something. The movement to everything being cloud-based sounds great, but makes daily server reporting tedious and time consuming. HORRIBLE. If i didn't have so much money invested in equipment between multiple restaurants, i would change. If you're new and considering purchasing TouchBistro....DON'T! Look elsewhere!

Pros

Table side ordering. Menu flexibility. Expandability.

Cons

The more they add features, the worse it gets. I highly doubt that the development people have any restaurant experience. Refunding a cc that has been wrung in is ridiculously difficult. To top it off, they have just recently started to move EVERYTHING to the cloud. Including the server end-of-day reports which makes it extremely hard to check credit cards, voids, comps, etc. It's ridiculous at best. No thought whatsoever on user friendliness.

Revel Systems

Reasons for Choosing TouchBistro

Tableside ordering.

Reasons for Switching to TouchBistro

Not really sure...wish daily I hadn't.

Response from TouchBistro

Hi Allen,
I apologize for the issues you've been facing with TouchBistro. Our updates are all made based on customer requests, the cloud-first reporting feature was a popular request to be able to access reports anywhere you are. I will ensure that your sentiments are passed along to the product team for consideration.
- Carly at TouchBistro

Replied 10/12/2021
Randy

Reviewed on 28/07/2022

Full Throttle Roadhouse just Riding Along

Overall, as the buyer and admin if the software I have to say it's been frustrating.

Pros

The best feature is the floor plan and layout of the menu items. The floor plan makes it easy to start tabs, merge or separate. The menu is just easily intuitive.

Cons

Reporting can be very difficult to really figure out what you are looking for. When on Cloud admin, I wish the Menu Items were searchable instead of scrolling multiple screens. It would be nice to have hands on training instead of general videos.

Joel

Reviewed on 26/07/2022

Easy to use but has issues.

We use it all day long, all in all we are happy with the system.

Pros

This is a very user friendly program. Easy to work with and train new employees on.

Cons

The system is glitchy. It looses wifi connection almost every day but only lasts a minute.

BRENT

Reviewed on 19/11/2019

Slick, powerful & user-friendly in a small package

This is our day-to-day workhorse software to run our retail store and bottle shop at our brewery. Could not live without it. Internet outages make everyone panic now!

Pros

The software is incredibly intuitive and has an extremely high level of functionality within its simple user interface.

Cons

The one issue we have is the inflexible partnership TouchBistro has with Apple. Thousands of dollars of hardware must be purchased to run TouchBistro, and there is almost no flexibility in what you are allowed to by to run it.

Square Point of Sale and Vend

Reasons for Choosing TouchBistro

TouchBistro is a much more powerful option for splitting up tables and creating tabs in our taproom.

Vend

Reasons for Switching to TouchBistro

Intuitive nature, ease of use, flexibility of software.
CN

Reviewed on 22/06/2019

Worst customer support - EVER

This is one of the most arrogant company's I've ever encountered. All along they've been treating me like they're doing me a favor and I'm bloody fortunate to pay them every month for a service that has now cost me in the thousands over the purchased hardware and rented software thousands.

Soon as possible, I'm off to another provider -- one that actually answers the phone before I have to shave again.

Pros

When it works, which is usually right up to the latest and greatest new "software update", its highly intuitive, its easy for the staff to handle, its easy for me to program, and has quite useful analytics attached.

Cons

It breaks A LOT - and always at the worst possible time, and their customer support would have to be five or six times better to just suck. First time it took them 7 HOURS to return my urgent tech support call - lost a dinner service. Next time it was 9 HOURS -- not only lost dinner... but we lost a lunch service too!!!

Then they started getting better... next time it was only 4 hours... called 10 minutes into the 7th game of the Stanley Cup finals [I missed the rest of the game]. To their credit, I had their support person call me back in 15 minutes [the time it takes to get from my house to the restaurant] - and he was able to fix the problem in just a tick over 90 minutes. Tonight it was 3 hours and 10 minutes before the call back came. I was on my motorcycle [don't talk or text while riding]... called back the number on the voicemail... only to find myself back in a queue. Its been 40 plus minutes so far... but fool that I am, I'm still hopeful.

Haley

Reviewed on 07/12/2017

Silvercreek has benefited in many ways from using TouchBistro.

Pros

The most popular opinion from our staff is the ease of use with TouchBistro. The program needs barely any training assistance, staff picks up the location of menu items quickly, customers are impressed with the technology, and in a small space like our coffee house the size of the unit compared to our grandfather of a cash register we can host more treats for our customers.

Cons

We struggle with getting prompt response when in a stressful or urgent situation. Restaurant business is fast paced and requires immediate help, especially if we are stalled in being able to take payment or assist a customer in another way. Guests don't appreciate being asked to wait while we try to contact Touch Bistro unsuccessfully. Email response time is reasonable. We also struggle to offer emailed invoices directly from touch bistro without having to switch over our wifi, slowing down service. We are also struggling to have reliable synching on our online account to view sales reports.

Response from TouchBistro

Hey, Haley!

Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you're finding TouchBistro easy to use and your customers are impressed with the technology. Good for you for being on the cutting edge!

Please know that we hear your concerns and are actively working to add more certified, in-house, support staff on an ongoing basis.

If there's anything else I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Firas

Reviewed on 31/03/2017

Easy to use, intuitive with excellent stats and dashboard.

After researching the market for new POS system for my newly established Cafe/Bar I found Touch Bistro to be superior to many products in the market. It is cost effective, easy to use, doesn't require specialized equipment (Only Ipad, printer and cash till), easy to install and learn on your own and requires minimum training for new staff. One of the most important feature that many other POS don't provide is the dashboard and cloud reporting. I rely heavily on these data to manage my business effectively and efficiently. It provides a breakdown of sales performance over any period of time, connects to my accounting system and load sales data directly into my accounting system, has excellent integration with 3rd party apps such as 7Shifts for scheduling and Shogo for accounting. I'm truly impressed with this product and it's robustness. I have recommended the product to many other business owners and I always get the same reaction of amazement when they see the reporting it provides compared to the POS systems they currently use.

Pros

Dashboard and cloud reporting. ease of use.

Cons

Technical support seems to be overwhelmed and you can rarely connect with them when you need them most. They try to get back to you within 24 hours, but in most cases that's too long and have significant impact on our business.

Jill

Reviewed on 26/01/2021

TouchBistro for Bar Industry

Again, TouchBistro has a legit inventory tracking system, you just have to set aside a few hours a day for a few weeks to make it worth it. Also, I have enjoyed simple things like the images I can add to each menu item. It seems silly but in the bar industry we know there are hundreds of tequilas, so when I have a new bartender and a customer orders Don Julio 1942-when my bartender goes to the menu, they can see exactly what the bottle looks like and know what to look for!

Pros

I love the inventory tracking that is available with this POS system. That being said, it does take ALOT of ingredient entry and programming on your end but it is worth it! I also think their customer service is great! We have a direct email contact and Monday through Friday you can logon to their website and chat with an associate.

Cons

I am used to a lot of other POS systems so this just took getting used to. I definitely referenced their "How to step by step" references for a few items. I had to figure out some work arounds in order to account for all inventory. For example, in past systems I've used, if I rang up a shot of Jim Beam bourbon, there was a modifier button for 'Double Shot' and it would automatically deduct $2.00 off the second shot and account for the inventory. In TouchBistro my option was a discount code with a custom modifier that I type in, but it wouldn't account for the inventory, so I had to add a separate menu for 'Double Shots' which wasn't the worst thing but again, a lot of time.

Response from TouchBistro

Hi Jill, thank you so much for your feedback! We put a lot of work into our inventory solution so it's wonderful to hear it's brought value to your business. I will be passing your feedback on to our product team as we are always looking to improve.

Replied 29/01/2021
Rachael

Reviewed on 08/11/2020

TouchBistro: Easy to use, fantastic customer service

TouchBistro was quite buggy for us, especially in the beginning, but their customer service team is top-notch! Quick to respond to any issues and receptive to implementing suggested features. While there are a few major needs for improvement on reporting, I feel like TouchBistro has grown with our business as we have had the opportunity to customize it to our needs with the TouchBistro support team.

Pros

One of the only restaurant POS systems that has a search function for servers. 5 stars for the ability to hold credit card information for tabs. Backend menu and employee management is the simplest I have ever used. Very user friendly and intuitive. New features and products are being rolled out often and TouchBistro was very supportive of their restaurant partners through Covid.

Cons

Creating and managing the floor plan is incredibly difficult and could be improved. Reporting and analytics are somewhat lacking and something I would like to see improved to be more in-depth and easier to access more information.

Darren

Over all Good just Bad Support

Over all my experince has been good, I am just very frustrated with support. The tech support is on call all the time, it is the support from other depatments like billing etc. I have have on several occasions left messages for someone to call and have had no response at all, not even a call back or a support ticket to say they have heard my message. I waited up to one week before I called again. I live on the West Coast and support areas are east Coast so at time if I need someone they are gone for the day around 2 pm my time, and no one to help us in the west later in the day as needed. Voice mails don't say when person is available or best times to call or to call between certain times. No mention that other then Tech support the rest are off over weekends, if your catering to restaurant you need more support over weekends, would be nice to only be Mon-Fri as a restaurant owner, but never going to happen. it is all very frustrating and very much a huge hassle to get anyone when needed beyond tech support. I have been very unhappy in this area with Touch Bistro.

Pros

Easy to use set up and teach staff to use

Cons

I may not know about it, but would be great to have a text feature for guests to order from our pool side that can alert server to an order

Max

Easy to Program POS

Touchbistro is an easy right out-of-the-box solution for all sorts of styles of restaurant service. It's fairly quick to set-up and support is excellent.

You can easily throw new staff to it and have them come out on top feeling like they understand how to use it very quickly. Intuitive as an iPad/iPhone program should be to new users.

Reporting is very good unless you're expecting TouchBistro to do a lot of the heavy lifting - it's good, but not quite amazing on the back end quite yet.

Be aware of how you organize your products early on for the reporting that you do get. It's only as good as the input and thought you put into it while your business is just a baby - that can come back to nip you once you have a better feel for both the software and your establishment.

Pros

Ease of putting in products + costs, assigning staff, third-party integrations (ie. 7Shifts)

Cons

Some of the reports lack in what they return, Reports should be fully automated, Crashes happen (though not frequently), hard to run in a building with no dedicated network

Alan

Reviewed on 27/03/2017

Room for improvement

First off: TouchBistro seems to be the best option out there for a full-service restaurant POS. We looked at everything we could find (that's available in Europe) and trialed the three leaders, and TouchBistro came out on top. We moved from an outdated local POS and have generally been happy. It works as expected, it hasn't had any catastrophic failures, and represents OK value for money.

That said, there are some problems, both with the software and with the sales/support:

- Frequent crashes when printing tickets (more than once per day). You have to restart TouchBistro, find your now-closed table, and reprint the ticket.
- No way to print invoices. This is required in most European countries and TouchBistro offers no way to do this. It causes us a big delay to have to generate one in Word and print it out for the customer. If they are going to sell in Europe they need to have this core function that other, more basic, systems offer.
- No way to print and charge part of a table. Missing is the ability to select various items, regardless of which seat they are at, and let me print a ticket and charge for those items. We literally lose 30 minutes a day moving items between seats for large groups when they want to pay.
- No menu support for multiple locations. Even though they have a page on their web site dedicated to franchises and multiple locations, the capabilities aren't there. Menus have to be painstakingly typed in by hand on the iPad (no cloud/web support) and while you can eventually move a menu from one location to another, it is a convoluted procedure involving a call to tech support. This was one of the selling points that attracted us to TB and they haven't delivered.
- No reporting support for multiple locations. You have to log in, view one report, then log out and log back in with a different username to see the other report.
- The localization (Spanish at least) is horrible. It's like Peggy Hill did it. They seem to have just run all the strings through Google translate and much of it is nonsensical.
- Impossible to update menu during service. If something runs out or a beer tap changes, you have to wait for everyone to log out.

We are going to stick with TB for now, but there is room for improvement.

Pros

Easy to use and train.

Cons

There's a huge list in my review.

Bill

Reviewed on 04/04/2017

Best decision ever

We embraced touch bistro over 3 yrs ago in that time they have continued to upgrade and make it better and better. That said the only down side is as technology changes so does your need for newer faster iPads and that is something we did not budget for.
I would never go back to a stand alone POS

Just remember that if you make the jump to tableside ordering wirelessly you will be amazed at how much faster your table
Turns are and effective your servers become . Less staff required because they carry the POS with them no lines at a station. Smoother flow in kitchen

Just take .25 per bill
And put it in a gotta get newer IPad fund and you'll be happier then you have ever been

Bill Justus
Owner chef EKs Grill Kelowna BC

Pros

Just about everything

Cons

Cash layout for required new iPads to retain full functionality

Response from TouchBistro

Hey, Bill!

Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you say TouchBistro was the best decision ever. We couldn't ask for anything more!

If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Reviewed on 08/06/2018

I Doubt There's Better

Pros

TouchBistro has been an amazing tool for our cafe. I love the ease of use, how easily we are able to get an overview of the cafe at any one time, along with performance, financial reporting, and all the rest. We keep discovering new features that allow us to be more and more accurate and efficient behind the counter. Support is also always really helpful and available whenever we need them!

Cons

Some of the features seem weirdly incomplete, like reporting having some types of reports available and not others. Also, we have had to source a secondary POS system to use for our retail inventory, as despite having the capability for things like barcode scanning, there is no way to quickly or easily update our inventory--with a stocklist of over 2000 items, having to create each item individually and update them manually is too much of a headache to bother with.

Marie

Reviewed on 27/03/2017

Good for dining room restaurants

Touch Bistro is very easy to use in adding new menu items or editing existing items and also retrieving any multitude of reports available. Pricing is on the lower end of competitive. We are a quick serve restaurant and there are several important features that we can not customize which is why we rate it low on functionality; for instance when we have a credit card transaction we can't turn off the customer's receipt copy and in a QSR most do not want their receipt so we waste a lot of paper. Sales experience to training transition to installation also did not go smoothly for us. Sales is anxious to sell but is not there for you afterwards.

But if we didn't have these, as well as other issues, we'd rate it a very good system. You just have to really know what you need POS to do for you and ask detailed questions and document your answers.

Pros

Ease of reports and making menu changes

Cons

Not all the features are customizable; you can't turn off a copy of receipts you don't need, there's a crazy work-around if you need item ingredients listed on kitchen tickets , only admins can setup customer accounts and take deposits for catering orders which is inconvenient for us.

Richard

Reviewed on 07/12/2017

Almost the best system I could ask for....

1000% faster then old method

Pros

Ease of touching, direct sending to kitchen, really a great system, just a few things could make it better and easier

Cons

Some function are not easy to understand...Don't like having to try and figure them out....need a code set up that is not a login code of a manager that is just for discounts....also a tab that is one touch for takeout and delivery displayed at the top with the name would be good...so it one touch check out for them...also bar tabs should print the customers name, so when a bar tab customer decides to order food the chit in kitchen has their name on in and not just "bar Tab"

Response from TouchBistro

Hey, Richard!

Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you're finding TouchBistro to be near perfect (there's always room for improvement, though, right?)

Alexandra

Reviewed on 07/12/2017

We love Touch Bistro and happily recommend it.

Pros

It connects with our accounting software so that our daily sales are uploaded automatically.
The app is easy to use and our new staff can be trained quickly and efficiently.
The billing features are really great and allow our servers to manage tables the way the customer wants, not the way the POS wants.

Cons

Adding menu items is time consuming and a general pain. We would love to have a web based site that allows easier uploading .

The reporting features are a bit clunky - for example we cannot check on single item sales totals. Instead we have to download a entire report with ALL items.

Response from TouchBistro

Hey, Alexandra!

Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you love TouchBistro and recommend it to your friends and colleagues.

Donna

Reviewed on 11/12/2016

Small mid-western restaurant

Basically, works okay. This is our first restaurant so our only experience with a POS. For the amount of money this costs, I feel it falls short on the reporting side as it relates to accounting. Changes seem to happen very slowly if at all (only 1 year). Customer services getting better. Whenever I have the need to speak with a live person I've expressed my frustration as well as the issue which initiated the contact. TB prefers emailing their tech support team.

Pros

Relatively easy to train new staff.

Cons

On the Administrative side, it is very cumbersome.

Response from TouchBistro

Good afternoon Donna and thank you for your review and feedback.

Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us so we can help you take full advantage of TouchBistro's robust reporting functionality.

Not only are there dozens of different types of reports that you can use, but there are also custom reports you can built based on your needs. TouchBistro integrates with Quickbooks for all your accounting needs.

With respect to app updates, we update the app approximately every 6-8 weeks. Our last few app updates have gone out on the following dates:

- December 13, 2016
- October 31, 2016
- September 26, 2016
- August 17, 2016

If there's anything we can help you with, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Replied 01/02/2017