Dotcom-Monitor Reviews

About Dotcom-Monitor

Dotcom-Monitor is a cloud-based website monitoring solution that helps users improve the performance, functionality and uptime of their web services, web pages, web applications and IT infrastructure. Key features include a...

4.2

Browse Dotcom-Monitor Reviews

A good monitoring platform

Pros

Easy to set up. Good notification frequency. Good range of monitoring

Cons

Personally I don't like the name. It sounds like it just monitors web -- it actually does a lot more.

Eric
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees
  • Used for 2+ years

Price vs Features

Pros

The software does what it needs to do very well. The variable types of checks from numerous locations is very beneficial.

Cons

The price of the service has gotten disproportionate to its value. As such I was forced to another tool that might not be as feature packed but gets the job done at a price I can afford.

Pingdom

Reasons for Switching to Dotcom-Monitor

At the time it was a great value for the service. Since that time I have stopped using the service because what Dotcom-Monitor charges for 1 domain, I can do 50 domains with uptime robot.
Irshad

Irshad -Chase

i used the trial and my experience was good, i was able to see value and get use, but that could not be translated to the management due to fact that it wasnt simple to read or understand to them.

Pros

I enjoyed the fact that i was able to pin point my delays with my web applications, and thus improve the quality of the server

Cons

the lack of simplicity, at times when this needs to be explained to management, its a lil difficult to make them see what you talking about when looking the reports, and when engaging with DEV, if its able to pick up anomolies that would be great

Top Dotcom-Monitor Alternatives

Uptime Cloud Monitoring

ManageEngine Applications Manager

Pete
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Reviewed on 08/05/2020

Great service for multiple reasons

Great! I use it daily to make sure everything is running good

Pros

The amount of servers that test my sites is awesome. Also that they give me an image of the landing page is great.

Cons

Some inconsistency in server response time readings. And you must refresh the page to test another site because otherwise it freaks out and gives you results from the last site you've tested

Reviewed on 11/05/2020

dotcom-monitor has grown and evolved since the last time I used it to include some cool...

Pros

Initially, I used this product solely for uptime monitoring but it now offers so much more!

Cons

For now my only blocker is price, and this is only because I only use a small subset of their tools (uptime monitoring)

Uptime Cloud Monitoring

Reasons for Switching to Dotcom-Monitor

I can't justify paying for this service as I currently don't have enough client websites which would benefit from the additional tools, and uptime monitoring is pretty much the only function I use from this software. However, if I ever needed to schedule tests for specific website functions like forms or maybe more complex features, their new tools seem to have been created just for this. I would love to trial this software again when my need requires it.
yossi
  • Industry: Media Production

Reviewed on 04/08/2020

once you learn - you can master it

once you learn the abilities and capabilities- your life with your site will be much easier

Pros

once you learn the capabilities and how to use them, life can be much easier
the ability to monitor server and pages from around the world in an automatic process worth a lot

Cons

the learning process on the product is a little bit harder then “plug & play” so need to dive deep into it

Tony
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 14/05/2020

DotCom Insights

We have had a great experience using Dotcom-Monitor, especially with our HLS steams.

Pros

I love the ease of usability and the insights it gives our team into our infrastrucutre on a daily basis.

Cons

There was some questions if we could use DotCom-monitor to monitor streaming video, but we quickly had the questions answered.

mohamad taha
mohamad taha
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 15/05/2020

love docom

good and brilliant, but the little of dolaars prevent me to get in and advertise my blogger. go ahead

Pros

can decrease the price to get and announce my bloggers and get more visitors

Cons

easy and get more views. it may be a pissing look but at all it si so good

Kerem
Kerem

Reviewed on 04/08/2020

Excellent Tool for Website Monitoring and Performance Testing

Pros

Web Page Monitoring is a great tool to monitor single page load time using real browsers.

Cons

Dotcom-Monitor is designed in a simple, easy to understand, user-friendly way that there is nothing that I dislike.

Reviewed on 14/05/2020

Great product to monitor a website

I loved dotcom-monitor.

Pros

The reports are very detailed. Love the graphs and pie-charts.

Cons

Would love to see more EU and Asian countries/locations in the "Uptime by location" section.

Mike

Reviewed on 23/07/2020

Good, but missing 1 important option

Mostly positive experiences, just need to eliminate false positives.

Pros

Ease to get up an running, was up less than an hour

Cons

Would like to see an option to allow me to select which source servers are monitoring my servers. Any server outside of the U.S.A will create false positives due to my GeoFilter rules applied. This cause my uptime status to be misleading.

Vishal

Easy setup, great features

Satisfied.

Pros

The software is easy to setup and helps me track availability of my own app as well as third party apps that are embedded in our product. The configuration setting allow user to control minutest details such as frequency of checks.

Cons

Setting up complex user workflows for SaaS apps and recording performance is slightly difficult and perhaps there are other alternatives that do better.

Shirin

Reviewed on 09/02/2023

Review for dotcom-monitor

Pros

Recently, upon joining the company, I initiated the use of Dotcom-Monitor for load testing our web-based software. I have been thoroughly impressed with the level of detail and comprehensiveness of the reports generated by the software. Moreover, the support team at Dotcom-Monitor has exceeded my expectations, particularly an engineer named Egor, who has been an incredible help to me. On almost a daily basis, I reach out to him with various questions and he has consistently demonstrated unwavering patience in addressing all of my inquiries, providing detailed and insightful answers. His level of expertise and professionalism has been invaluable in ensuring that our load testing process runs smoothly and effectively.

Cons

I think, there is less information about some part specially errors that in my idea can be better.

Thomas
  • Industry: Media Production

Reviewed on 18/05/2020

The top solution for monitoring

It's our one-stop shop for all our monitoring needs.

Pros

Dotcom-Monitor is a very feature rich solution with a lot to offer. I predominantly use the BrowserView to manage an maintain the performance of our web properties and ServerView to monitor uptime and be notified of outages.

Cons

There’s no doubt that Dotcom Monitor has a lot of layers to offer, which can make it seem a little complex at first. However it is easy to get started.

Patrick

Reviewed on 30/07/2020

Saved my bacon

Keeping maximum uptime

Pros

All my sites warn me if they go down and I can respond promptly

Cons

None really. It does what it says on they can

Tom
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 28/07/2020

Great product

Excellent software for the money. Great Value!

Pros

Easy setup
Saves time
Great source of stats and information for my sites

Cons

Lacking some features
Needs more integration

Pingdom
Bhagyesh
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Reviewed on 29/03/2023

Best API Monitoring

By implementing Dotcom-Monitor, I can sleep peacefully without worrying about our service's uptime.

Pros

I like API monitoring features that monitor APi by sending the test file. It is actually very accurate.

Cons

There is nothing that I like least about Dotcom-Monitor. It's all services are best.

Ema

Reviewed on 13/05/2020

Best monitoring tool for us

This is a reliable tool which really helped us to monitor and make the necessary adjustments in order to get the best webpage speeds for our platform.

Pros

Easy to use and reflects the webpage speeds across the Globe pretty good. Really like that with one click you can test your webpage speeds on more than 20 servers at once.

Cons

For what we use this tool, there are no concerns.

Reviewed on 06/10/2022

Ok but could be better

Pros

Recording the script could've been a good feature

Cons

Couldn't measure a session after authentication. The UI was confusing and hard to set up. But the biggest deal breaker for us was that we couldn't start measuring a page after the authentication flow. It would be great if there was a way to create a script to create a new browser session (including auth token) and then reuse this session for other separate tests.

Carlos
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Reviewed on 08/05/2020

A good tool, make my daily work easy

Pros

It’s easy to use, it’s fast and it helps since the first minute.

Cons

There is not a lot of options yet. Can improve the configurable options

Aisha

Reviewed on 09/02/2023

Proactive approach to quality and monitoring the application

Very satisfied and impressed with the tutorials pop-ups on every step.

Pros

Dotcom-monitor proved to be an easy integration in our system to support relaibility engineering practices. Our teams rely on good observability and monitoring tools to maintain a proactive approach on quality and this platform certainly provided that, with limited training needed for the users.

Cons

Some of the workflows were not automatable like dragging and movement of objects.

Leonardo

Reviewed on 05/10/2022

Dotcom-Monitor a really good software for ISPs

Pros

I'm a network analyst and use Dotcom tools inside the ISP I work, it's a really good and reliable tool for monitoring things along the network, and testing network components, I usually use it to make diagnostics of servers latency, and dns resolve time.

Cons

For me, in my personal case, I don't need anything more in Dotcom tools, they have everything I need for monitoring my services, and server, and it works very well.

Jay

Experience from a ServiceNow Perspective

Pros

Checks the Uptime of a website every 5 mins from different server locations

Cons

Should provide a live update instead of every 5 mins as this makes a big difference in terms of customer experience. Also, I don't prefer the REST API call to be made from ServiceNow, would prefer a direct integration instead for a quicker configuration, if additional websites need to be tracked using the same tool.

Nitai Chand

Reviewed on 05/08/2020

Need more feature

The software is good but we need some more security feature. It should support direct VPN. The current software is indirect VPN support. Direct VPN means b4 starting the our application it should ask for VPN.

Pros

The software is good but not sure how much security you are providing as you will have our all Test Cases

Cons

Features are good. but need more features. Like as an user i should have control to fix the issue.

Laura
  • Industry: Online Media

Reviewed on 03/08/2020

We used Dotcom Monitor for a short time

Joining Dotcom-Monitor was easy and the experience was great as they fulfilled our monitoring needs.

Pros

We needed our website to be monitored for a short period, so we used it for a couple months. The reports came straight to our inbox and gave us timely notice of when our website was down or not preforming well.

Cons

We only needed the product for a short period.