Salesforce Service Cloud Reviews

About Salesforce Service Cloud

Service Cloud from Salesforce is a cloud-based customer service management solution that is designed to initiate customer service activities from anywhere. Built on the Salesforce1 Platform, Service Cloud works to centralise and...

4.1
4.1
4.2

Browse Salesforce Service Cloud Reviews

Imran
Imran

Reviewed on 16/03/2023

Streamline Your Customer Service with Salesforce Service Cloud

My overall experience with Salesforce Service Cloud has been excellent. It has helped me improve my customer service and streamline my workflow, with intuitive software, excellent reporting tools, and top-notch customer support.

Pros

The software is intuitive and customizable, with excellent reporting tools and seamless integration with other Salesforce products.

Cons

the least liked thing about Salesforce Service Cloud is the cost, which can be prohibitive for smaller businesses or those on a tight budget.

Dynamics 365 and Zoho Desk

Freshdesk

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Service Cloud

I wanted customer service software that was both intuitive and customizable. Salesforce Service Cloud fit the bill perfectly. Its reporting tools and integration with other Salesforce products made it a no-brainer for me. While the cost can be a factor for some, the benefits and ROI made it well worth the investment. Additionally, the top-notch customer support has been invaluable in helping me navigate any issues or questions I may have had. Overall, I highly recommend Salesforce Service Cloud for businesses looking to streamline its customer service and improve efficiency.
Shayla
Shayla
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 13/06/2022

Easy to implement, good data management

Keeping track of and following up with my clients was made easier, and I was able to see an overall picture of my month's performance thanks to the data it provided. Because of it, I am able to come up with innovative ideas for our company. When you create a solution that can be used almost indefinitely, you need to be able to scale it. There is no end to what can be done here.

Pros

Because I've been using it for six years, I've become accustomed to it. It's also easier to use when you have all the information you need about the lead, the firm, and your calling app all on the same page. The best aspect is that you'll have a lot of options when it comes to finding new customers for your business. You'll have no trouble seeing and pursuing the best prospects.

Cons

Sometimes it's hard to tell which information is helpful and which is negative since there's so much of it out there. It's difficult to gain hands-on experience with different options.

Harry
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Reviewed on 21/02/2020

NOT a good SERVICE TICKETING SYSTEM

very clomzy and not effective.

Pros

its nice in its design. it can properly relate cases to client records

Cons

This software lacks the necessary tools to properly communicate with your customers.

Customers can respond to closed tickets without getting notifications.
team isn't notified when a new ticket comes in.
overall lightening experience is a SLOW moving vehicle, wast's our teams time.
the list goes on and on

One answer to all of our issues is that we need a SALESFORCE DEVELOPER to customize the thing for us.

so unless you have a small fortune to spend on Developers to customize it to your need go with a normal ticketing system that was designed ground up for this purpose. similar to the product that salesforce bought and then killed DESK.com

Top Salesforce Service Cloud Alternatives

Lead Gen & CRM (formerly SharpSpring)

Microsoft Excel

JIRA Service Management

Reviewed on 28/03/2024

SFDC Service H.I.

Pros

the real time interactions with clients has been excellent. Team collaboration is required as well. This is crucial to our business processes.

Cons

no cons at this time, we enjoy using Service Cloud and it's crucial to our business.

Jessica
Jessica

Reviewed on 13/11/2023

The best cloud tool to manage customer inquiries

It's useful for handling inquiries from leads and other accounts, as well as customer issues. Support channels in this cloud include e-mail, online, and live chat.

Pros

We are able to better handle customer service issues, cases, and information thanks to this tool.Using Salesforce, we can provide help via email to case, web to case, and live chat.

Cons

I can't say that I disliked anything about it. But there are two things I'd like to add. Please strive to improve "Reporting" and provide more channels for communicating with customer service.

Cassandra
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 24/04/2023

Salesforce - A must for CRM

Overall, Salesforce service cloud is an incredibly powerful tool that has allowed me to understand our company more than ever through the dashboards and reports I create to make data more than just data, but answers to my questions. The valuable insight I have gained is a game changer.

Pros

Although Salesforce might seem a bit daunting at first, it overall is extremely customizable and can (and should) be built for you and your company's needs. This tool is so powerful and key in customer relationship management and has taken our CRM to the next level. Our data is all held in Salesforce and we are able to create reports and dashboards to keep track of the business and gain insights.

Cons

I do sometimes wish Salesforce was a bit more user friendly however once you learn more about the program you do become quite comfortable and customer service will always be there to help you in a kindly manner

HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Service Cloud

We chose Salesforce over Hubspot due to its reputation. Salesforce is #1 for a reason. This tool is by far the most intelligent.
Krishna
Krishna

Reviewed on 18/05/2022

It's fantastic that it's adaptable and customizable

Use this in my store to run my firm, and it provides a lot of amazing options and friendly customer support as well as an excellent program. Although the pricing structure can be a bit of a challenge to stomach at times, the customization and integration options are practically limitless, so that alleviates my concerns.

Pros

The most appealing aspect of Salesforce Service Cloud to me is how simple it is to use. You don't need any support managing Your Salesforce environment after only a few minutes of training and a few tips. If You don't have the time or inclination to learn how to write difficult code, this tool will allow You to accomplish Your aim in a few of mouse clicks.

Cons

Sales and Service cloud might be expensive, but buying them both at once can save you some money. Unless a former colleague serves as a mentor, it is difficult to learn the ropes.

Matt
Matt

Reviewed on 05/05/2022

Service from Salesforce

We have never had issues with support since implementing the service cloud and have freed up time from our CS department.

Pros

Integration to our sales cloud, RingDNA
Ease of use and easy tracking of tickets
Both Sales and Service now have a better understanding of their customer and both need to ask each other all the time.

Cons

Felt the cost of both Sales and Service cloud does become pricey but you can get both a little cheaper together.

ServiceNow

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Service Cloud

With us using Sales cloud didn't make sense using anything else.
Palash
Palash

Reviewed on 02/06/2022

Awesome CRM Systems

Amazing experience with Knowledge Maangement, CRM and building ticketing system for customers

Pros

I’ve been integrating this CRM as a package for our end clients and it’s been so ease of use and service through CRM and online ticketing system through phone, chat and email. Highly Recommended!

Cons

One of the desirable products of Salesforce nothing to be disliked about!

Jordan
Jordan

Reviewed on 08/08/2019

Awesome Ticketing System

Users are really more productive than previous tool

Pros

With Service Cloud, we have a complete overview on our Customers. From Lead to Case, we can log all customers activities and be proactive for their needs.

Cons

Often, you must adapt your process to the tool, not the tool to your process and that's the hardest part of Salesforce implementation. Also, multiple administrators can destroy your organization.

Anoosha
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 10/11/2017

One of most popular help desk solutions is Desk.com

Pros

If you are thinking about choosing Desk.com as a help desk software solution for your company then this article is for you. Our B2B experts prepared a thorough review of Desk.com pros and cons and analyzed what it has to offer to help you make an informed decision before you spend your money.
Email to Ticket Conversion
Multi-language & multi-time zone support
Satisfaction Surveys
Leaderboard & gamification
Support Channels

Both services use various channels for customer interaction and support such as email, Facebook, Twitter, and community forums. The messages from all these services are gathered in a combined queue of support work. Freshdesk is better than Desk.com in this area as it offers ticket support in addition to phone support, while Desk.com offers only phone support.
Canned Responses

Both Freshdesk and Desk.com provide a way to use a library of snippets that can be re-used. If you need to describe certain features regularly to users, you can use canned responses to speed up writing the responses. This can help your agents save time and focus more on query resolution.
Third-Party Integrations

Both Desk.com and Freshdesk offer a range of integrations with other services like CRMs, bug tracking, e-commerce and more. Top integrations for Desk.com include Salesforce, MailChimp, CampFire, and TalkDesk. Top integrations for Freshdesk include SugarCRM, Capsule, Harvest, and JIRA. Both apps also offer REST APIs to integrate your own apps.
Devices Supported

Both Freshdesk and Desk.com support a range of devices including Windows, Mac, Android, iPhone/iPad, and Blackberry.
Customizations Available

Freshdesk beats Desk.com in this category as it offers a wider range of customizations including templates, fonts, button images, fields, and backgrounds. In comparison, Desk.com offers customization of fields only.

Cons

Desk.com’s new analytics dashboard lacks some basic functionalities and is not an upgrade compared to the older version. The company can also improve its customer support, and the Salesforce integation also needs some fine tuning. Freshdesk customers say the product is mostly good, but it can improve by extending multi-language support to the Solutions pages.

Reviewed on 10/09/2018

Salesforce is one of the best CRM out there!

Salesforce is the best platform out there to help you resolve your business problems! It is the best CRM that you can access anywhere; anytime!

Pros

Salesforce helped us resolve one of the major problems in our firm. At first, we were using Excel as our Candidate and Client database, and most of the time we get troubles because of this.

There are times that we reach out a candidate who then turns out to be our client. There are times as well that we reach out to a candidate more than 5 times a day, and because of that we get a lot of "do-not-contact" requests.

With Salesforce, it helped us to create tailor-fit solution to our business problem. We were able to import all of our candidates and clients to Salesforce by just uploading our excel databases in the system. We were able to put do not contact provisioning to our clients, to candidates that are currently in process, and also those candidates who indicated that they are not actively looking.

Now, we were able to make a great relationship with our candidates and clients through Salesforce.

Cons

What I least like about Salesforce is their customer support. Sometimes they are not that very good in resolving tech problems. Well, we seldom get problems so we barely need their help, but I hope Salesforce trains them well.

• Industry: Government Administration

Reviewed on 13/03/2019

Salesforce Service Cloud - Ready to go out-of-the-box

We have a service desk that was tracking their work through email and spreadsheets and it wasn't working for us. Salesforce Service Cloud let us move all of that to the cloud with easy case logging and tracking. We were able to integrate with Outlook so that support request emails get logged automatically and assigned to support personnel based on assignment rules we configured. We are responding to work requests and closing cases 47% faster than before and nothing gets lost or overlooked because the dashboards clearly show the status of cases and requests.

Pros

Salesforce Service Cloud has so many features ready to use as soon as you get access. For basic service needs you could easily start using it day one and build out enhancements over time. Basic configuration is simple and quick and everything you need to track work requests and cases is pretty much there.

Cons

Salesforce releases updates three times a year and they are huge. Release notes are getting over 600 pages per release and, at least for my work, we've had to change some of our custom configuration and code so that our system would work after the release came out. It's nice that they are working on enhancements but you definitely have to plan in time to thoroughly regression test everything when a release hits your lower level sandboxes.

Reviewed on 19/10/2018

New Business Owner Tool!

I learned through this experience with Salesforce how to convert potential customers into regular customers. I always wondered how some small businesses stay afloat during economic times. They know how to connect with customers and they built a rapport with them overtime that they became a staple in the community. I used that knowledge and applied it to the platform and was blown away by the results.

Pros

I could run my employers business from anywhere. This is what sold me on the job in the first place, and this software is what made it possible. It's a one-stop shop of everything you need to know about your business. I can view potential customers, how to win over current customers, get insights into how I can approve the customer experience, and so much more. I really thought this software was going to be hard to figure out or stop me from getting the job, but this software made it possible for someone to land a job and keep it. So, I applaud Salesforce for creating an amazing product and service for businesses.

Cons

The only con I have about my experience with this software is the pricing, or at least what my boss have a problem with. My bosses infrastructure requires a lot of different products to make her business run more smoothly. I think it will help if there was a bundle deal for all the services she needs. I'm not exactly sure how she went about it, but I do know she wished she asked more questions as far as pricing and getting a better deal.

Douglas
  • Industry: Veterinary

Reviewed on 17/11/2022

Great Veterinary Management Software

This system, being cloud based, allows me the flexibility to change schedules and appointments, as well as examine patient charts while being away from the office. I love this about the Salesforce Service Cloud.

Pros

This software is very easy to set up and utilize. It is more intuitive and simpler to use than most of the other management software systems I have been exposed to in my 3 decades of professional work. It is also cloud based so it makes it easy to check my schedule or re-evaluate patient's charts even when I am away from the office.

Cons

My least favorite part is the financial management aspect of the program. While it is not horrible, it has a few issues that can be hard to figure out. However, once you figure out the little issues, they are very easy to deal with in the future.

Charmi

Reviewed on 01/04/2023

All about Salesforce

Pros

Options to edit and analyze reports is an amazing featureUser friendlyCan be accessed from anywhere

Cons

Customisation of view is difficult at times and limited options available

• Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 27/11/2020

Outstanding Customer Service Platform

Excellent tool ,easy to configure and setup with minimal code.

Pros

Salesforce Service cloud comes with all the required out of the box functionality required for customer support, which includes below mentioned features which are required for setting up customer service .
1) Receiving the cases through multiple channels like Web and emails.
2) Auto assigning the cases to respective group based on the type of issue.
3)SLA definitions and escalation rules,
4)Assigning the knowledge articles to cases.
5)Self service portals.
6)Chatbots and Einstein analytics.
7)Configuring knowledge base.
8)reports and dashboards.
9)Easy API integrations.
10)Rich UI.

Cons

Some of the limitations associated with API limits ,Storage limitations. Cost associated with licensing .

Nadia
Nadia
  • Industry: Building Materials

Reviewed on 02/01/2019

VERY user friendly!! Awesome Program for Customer Management!

It's an EXCELLENT software to manage your customer data base. Take the time to figure it out, take it for a trial, ask questions. Im sort of a nerd, but it gave me the tingles when I first learned how to use it ... theres a way for you to organize your entire business & track the status of the job from contact to completion. It will benefit soooooo many people if you're growing your business or looking to become more organized. I LOVE IT!!

Pros

I fell in LOVE with SalesForce when I began using it in 2013. I worked for a home remodeling company and we used it to track our prospected customers. Had a small hand in getting it set-up, was a lot easier to use after you understand how it works. Very organized, detailed information, quick & to the point.

Cons

The set-up process. Having to manually enter customer info in the very beginning. I do remember one our tech guys finishing the set up though ... great guys! Also recently had issues connecting with apps, have a screen shot below that I emailed to the tech guys. The app was Adobe I believe, and one other. Probably just a user error! : )

• Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 11/02/2021

Does what we need it to

Overall this feature is great and allows us to easily report on and keep track of cases rather than using a typical help desk email feature. Having everything in Salesforce is extremely beneficial.

Pros

Overall, I like that with Salesforce Service Cloud we can easily set up queues and routing especially if someone is out of the office for a few days it is easy to manage who should own the case in their absense.

Cons

There are some limitations when it comes to setting alerts or escalations especially with business hours requirements- you can use business hours in escalations/milestone but its very minimal and you cannot choose additional criteria to filter on. It's also necessary if you use service cloud frequently to purchase add ons like Email to Case Premium to make service cloud more user friendly and customizable

Reviewed on 25/07/2018

Salesforce is a great CRM

Pros

I use Salesforce on a daily basis in my Business Development/Sales Ops role. Salesforce integrates with our softphone (RingCentral), which makes logging calls much easier. I have also set up different workflows in the system to make daily tasks more efficient. There are endless apps and integrations you can use with Salesforce.

Cons

I don't have many negative things to say about Salesforce. I think it is pretty user friendly. There could be some better documentation on how to do specific things in the system. Also, Salesforce is only as good as the data you enter into it. This is not a flaw of Salesforce, but rather any data management system. I highly recommend making a constitution and training your team to abide by rules of entry and management.

Claire
Claire
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 29/03/2019

The most sophisticated CRM out there

Pros

Salesforce allows you to do just about anything, and is famed for offering a wealth of data capture, visualization and processing options. As a small organization we create dour Salesforce architecture quite early on, probably before we needed it! It gives us a lot of credibility as an organization and we can magic up reports in no time. Many other apps now provide Salesforce integration which makes it easier when managing many different processes.

Cons

The one disadvantage is that it's certainly not the easiest system to use, and there's no way the average Jo can set themselves up on it alone. We worked with external consultants to set up our whole architecture and are constantly making changes to it.

Greg

Reviewed on 11/01/2022

Best bet for Service

Service cloud was my introduction to Salesforce, and has led to a very lucrative career. The out of the box functionality is enough to get started on service support, and the ability to customise to use SLAs, Milestones and manage both productivity and customer expectations is brilliant

Pros

Service Cloud works in parallel with the Sales data in the salesforce platform, so you can see a full picture of your customer, and relate all complaints/request to a single point. Plus multiple points of contact allowing cases to be generated via phone, sms, website form, live chat or email.

Cons

Field Service is limited unless you opt for the Field Service Lightning package, but there are plenty of features to run a helpdesk efficiently and well

bri
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 10/01/2023

salesforce review

Pros

This software is extremely impactful when you are a small business and wanted to connect with new clients that come across your website and fill out the contact form or that just want more information. this software alerts you immediately which allows you to catch the new client at peak interest. it also lets you track what stage of communication you are in and is easy for marketing to send out these potential advertisements to the right people.

Cons

there is a lot going on when you first get the hang of it but once you start investigating the software a little more its easy to get in the groove of things.

Maggie

Reviewed on 12/05/2023

Good if using Salesforce CRM

It was okay - great for us, terrible for clients.

Pros

The service cloud + CRM in Salesforce is a great combo to know everything you need to know about a client before contacting them!

Cons

Even if you are using the CRM, the experience for the client is not great. It's almost like you need to know how to use Salesforce before you can use their service cloud, and most of our clients have never even heard of Salesforce, wildly enough.

Reviewed on 21/01/2019

Customized Salesforce user

From a business perspective, I have used Salesforce mainly to create reports on clients and their spend (based on attributed dollars on a contract) and also update different contact pages.

Pros

I think Salesforce allows for considerable customization for its users. At my company, I've used it for operational, commercial and research purposes, which is awesome.

Cons

Salesforce is not intuitively easy to use, at least at my company. Some of the field names can be misleading; I think the reporting feature is also difficult if you don't have training or teaching. Also, I don't find the individual pages (contacts, contracts, memberships) pleasing to the eye. The content isn't laid out nicely in my opinion.