Shopify POS Reviews

About Shopify POS

Shopify POS is a point of sale solution that helps retail businesses streamline operations related to marketing, inventory management, payment processing, product reporting and more on a centralized platform. The omnichannel...

Browse Shopify POS Reviews

Dawit
Dawit

Reviewed on 14/06/2023

Seamless and Efficient: How Shopify POS Transformed Our Retail Operations

Our overall experience with Shopify POS has been exceptional. From the moment we implemented it in our retail business, we immediately noticed the positive impact it had on our operationsFirst and foremost, the user interface of Shopify POS is incredibly intuitive and easy to navigate. Our staff quickly adapted to the system, and even those who were not technologically inclined found it simple to process transactions, manage inventory, and access customer information.The seamless integration between Shopify POS and our online store has been a game-changer for us

Pros

What we liked most about Shopify POS is its seamless integration with our online store. The ability to sync our inventory across multiple sales channels in real-time has been a game-changer for our business. Whether a customer purchases a product online or in-store, our inventory is automatically updated, preventing overselling and ensuring accurate stock levels

Cons

While Shopify POS has many great features, one aspect that we liked least is the limited customization options for the user interface. As a business owner, I appreciate having the ability to tailor the system to match our branding and unique needs. However, with Shopify POS, the customization options are somewhat limited, and I felt restricted in terms of design and layout. It would have been great to have more flexibility in customizing the appearance of the POS system to align it with our brand identity. Although this didn't significantly impact the functionality or performance of the system, it would have been a valuable addition for creating a truly personalized experience for our customers

Heather
  • Industry: Food Production

Reviewed on 25/10/2022

Shopify POS in a food business

Shopify POS is a vital part of our business. We have now built 3 websites using Shopify and integrated POS with them all. Our operation is now far more streamlined through different methods of sale and we can target different customer groups a lot easier.

Pros

How easy it is to manage inventory and how well it works with my online store.

Cons

The cost is a little more expensive than what’s out there so I wish electronic payments were a little cheaper

Reasons for Switching to Shopify POS

Shopify POS had the ability to work with our online store a lot easier than Square. Customer service from Shopify POS was of a greater standard.
Meheza
Meheza

Reviewed on 13/01/2023

pratical tool

I really liked my experience with shopify POS, it's great when you start in e-commerce, it's easy to manage your stock and be able to manage your point of sales

Pros

I like the fact that it is possible to do a free trial so you know if you like it or not before continuing

Cons

for the moment everything is fine with me

Top Shopify POS Alternatives

Square for Retail

Square Payments

Lightspeed Restaurant

Calleigh
  • Industry: Packaging & Containers

Reviewed on 06/03/2024

Shopify Happy User !

Overall we are super happy and impressed with our Shopify Experience. What i like most about Shopify is that it’s user friendly and customer friendly. It accepts an array of payments, it allows us to manage our entire website in a user friendly way, it synchs our inventory and order accurately and accepts our payments into our accounting software !

Pros

Cons

Sometimes the synching to quick books is not completely accurate

Jared
Jared
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 25/06/2022

Selling with Shopify POS

I really wish you using the software however it also offers somebody just starting their eCommerce business flexibility because you can be online and offline simultaneously. Implementation costs of website and also point-of-sale system is negligible if you have high demand for your products.

Pros

It's really seamless on how the customer is notified with shipments, product back orders and also inventory so that they can make an informed decision at point of sale.

Cons

There's always an issue with applications in that you would need to go to the main website to pull certain order shipments and tracking sales reports beyond 3 months.

Reasons for Choosing Shopify POS

Settlement period for most of those platforms listed are very hard to program and understand so we just moved to a platform that allowed multiple currencies and instant settlement.

WooCommerce and PayPal
  • Industry: Insurance
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 17/11/2022

Shopify POS - Far from a POS

Very easy to use and effective. Orders, sales, payments, it all works great.

Pros

This is such an easy software to use on iphone and ipad. We have never had an issue with this app or the devices that connect to it. Very user friendly. My father even has no trouble.

Cons

It hasn't failed us yet so I don't have much to complain about. I like all of the Shopify products.

PayPal and Square Payments

Reasons for Choosing Shopify POS

Because it worked seamlessly with our site and all of our business. Paypal was lacking in that respect. also has lower fees.

Reasons for Switching to Shopify POS

Just everything about it was better for us and the seamless connection to our QuickBooks and online store.
Megan
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 09/02/2021

Highly recommend

Overall, I would refer any in person sellers to this software.

Pros

I love this software because it is so easy to deploy and operate. Also the way that the hands held card reader is shaped is very nice. The software itself integrates smoothly with my Shopify store, and it runs perfectly.

Cons

There is not anything I would change about this software as of right now. It works great and integrates well.

Reasons for Switching to Shopify POS

It integrated with my store and the handheld scanner was free.
  • Industry: Publishing
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 09/01/2023

Direct Sales Wizard

I use shopify for all my emmcommerce, bot online, and for direct sales. This makes it easy to see inventory and monitor sales. I love the ereader as well.

Pros

I love to be able to use this at conventions to sell books. I have tried other services but this is the most complete and easy app to use.

Cons

It is hard to get other people set up at a different location because we have to change the inventory for all the locations for events. Signing in for remote people hasn't been easy.

Issaka
Issaka
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 18/10/2023

best popular e-commerce platform used by businesses of all sizes to set up and manage online...

Shopify offers extensive customer support through various channels, including live chat, email, and phone support. They also provide a wealth of resources and guides to help you set up and manage your store.

Pros

Shopify is known for its user-friendly and intuitive interface, making it accessible even for those without a technical background.

Cons

While Shopify provides a good range of themes and customization options, it may not offer the same level of design flexibility as some other platforms.

Šimon
  • Industry: Textiles

Reviewed on 29/02/2024

Shopify POS

Pros

We use SHOPIFY POS daily to process our orders. We are very satisfied.

Cons

There are no accidents yet. All right. :)

marquita
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 29/04/2022

Shopify POS has definitely benefited my online live sales

I have been using Shopify POS for sometime, I've added other software and payment systems but I doubt that we will completely walk away from Shopify POS.

Pros

I love that I am able to create and scan barcodes versus entering prices and descriptions when customers make a purchase, its more efficient and I can keep track of what I have, sold and sale items. It's really great!

Cons

They are a couple of pricing plans you can choose from (monthly rates) but there are still some charges you will incur; like fees for on line sales and in-person sales.

Reasons for Switching to Shopify POS

Another small business owner told me about it (someone I trust)
Stephanie
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 26/06/2018

Shopify POS is easy to use and great for places with distinct items

Pros

When using it to process payments, it's intuitive to use. Simply use the search bar to search product name or SKU and relevant products with photos comes up. It's best used for products with few variants or with detailed variants. In our cafe, it allows baristas to show all customizations of drinks right on the receipt which increases efficiency in our store. We can also adjust what tax applies on each order or product in the order, and can create discounts on the spot.

Also, it offers a 'quick sale' function which allows the staff member to add a product without going to the back end of the system. Additionally, customers can be added to the order meaning that our stored customer information can be added once the customer is ready for checkout. This is particularly useful when some customers have credits on their accounts, or have tax-free status.

Cons

While searching, even if the whole SKU is put in, Shopify POS (in its tile view) will only show the product, not the variant within it. Also, it doesn't show the SKU unless you press and hold the product image. This can be time-consuming and can sometimes lead to staff accidentally selecting the wrong product, despite knowing the exact SKU of the product they were looking for.

Also, if our wifi ever disconnects in the store, the POS on the ipads is rendered useless. There should be some way of temporarily logging orders placed while offline then uploading them to the system. And since the latest update, it takes about 4 steps to let a customer pay once the order has been input if they are paying with debit/credit since we use external terminals.

Kelly

Reviewed on 02/12/2020

Not a fan of the app update

The old POS app was very easy to use, but with the update I am thinking of switching to Square. I reached out customer service about the possibly of reverting to the old app; they respond quickly which is great, but unfortunately we are stuck with the new app which I do not think will work for our business.

Pros

Shopify makes it easy to add and edit products to your library. It's great that it tracks inventory and can easily see sales and customer data.

Cons

I have been using shopify pos for almost 2 years and am very disappointed with the recent upgrade. We use the pos app for farmers markets and oftentimes don't have great internet. With the new update, we cannot even get into the app without great internet. Additionally, there is a new password feature that is used to get into the app. It was not very intuitive to figure out how to turn this off and caused some problems with our staff. The new layout is not very user friendly as I find myself having to do several extra steps to complete a sale than I used to.

Dan
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 23/08/2021

Incredible versatility at a very reasonable cost

Shopify POS makes selling items in-person a total breeze. Barcodes can be scanned with the iPad's camera, and integrating either Shopify payments or third-party credit card systems are very easy. Plus, receipts can be printed, e-mailed, or texted

Pros

The ease with which one can customize the buttons (discounts, etc.), product selection, adding multiple products to an order, the ease with which one can accept payment methods (cash, cc, or third party payment), and the ability to take the system anywhere where there is an internet connection (i.e. mobile).

Cons

The fact that you cannot use any bluetooth hand scanner with the system (there's only one and it's very expensive).

Jessi
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 24/06/2021

It works okay but not great

It does the job, but I think Square is overall better.

Pros

I like that it integrates with Shopify. The card readers are high quality. The app interface is okay.

Cons

The app is different on iPad versus iPhone. The iPad version is way better, but we do mostly outdoor events, so we use phones and it's a bummer.

Jonathan
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 21/10/2018

Needs some work to become a full featured POS system

Pros

Relatively easy to set up with recommended hardware for not a ton of money. Runs off an iPad and supports multiple users and cash management. Isn't like a lot of the antiquated POS systems out there

Cons

Checkout flow can be slow which is difficult when there is a long line. Wish it were better at handling exchanges and returns. Would require us to go to the web version of Shopify to get full access to order controls.

• Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 02/03/2019

Quick, easy, professional ecommerce presence

Pros

I work everyday in Shopify and it makes the checkout process for our customers easy peazy. Less pain points and a fast, digestiable checkout process for all. Whether it be creating products, collections, modifying our blogs or more, it makes our lives easier to have a fantastic software to work with.

Cons

I wish we could schedule the rotating banner. This would make life so much easier than having to create and publish the night before or minutes before our launches. Also, make the box in the PAGES expandable rather than the fixed size.

Lidia

Reviewed on 13/03/2020

Great Option for Our Business

Pros

Shopify POS is our main POS system for a large retail space. Easy to use and train all staff. Easy to integrate with other systems.

Cons

The Shopify shop is a bit too templated as well as the products. Need quite a few extensions to modify and customize products.

Jonathon

Reviewed on 28/08/2019

POS is right

Shopify is CREATING business problems, not solving them. Their tax tables are often wrong, meaning that their screwups are effecting our profits.

Pros

It is relatively simple to train someone on, and then to use.

Cons

The customer support is abysmal. Shopify screwed up the tax rates. This means either we could shut down until they fixed it - which took a week - or we could charge everyone less tax than we needed to collect . . . and then pay to the municipality. Shopify couldn't care less that they had screwed this up.

CLIFTON
  • Industry: Sports

Reviewed on 15/06/2021

Shopify - great solution for our Yoga Studio

It was a GREAT experience for all. The Local vendor could monitor all sales easily.

Pros

We partnered with a local vendor to sell retail items at our Yoga Studio. This option enabled us to carry a larger selection of items without having to manage or pay for the inventory. Shopify enable us to handle the POS plus the inventory management. It's ability to show images and bar codes made training the Front Desk staff simple.

Cons

It was another software solution for our Front Desk staff.... BUT it reduced our losses in Retail,,, actually we made money in Retail with out the costs.

Pamela

Reviewed on 18/07/2017

Excellent E-Commerce Program

Pros

We love everything about Shopify. It's easy to use. Allows us to check out customers at our retail store or out at an event when we use our iPad Mini.

Cons

We had not had any real problems with Shopify. Occasionally when an update was done we had to change a couple settings.

Antonio
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 28/07/2021

very good POS

Pros

this is your best friend if you have an e-commerce and retail. con can do all in one place.

Cons

nothing, just love the ways how you can manage your store here.

Reviewed on 26/09/2019

Makes selling items at events super easy!

Over all it really makes selling items at events really easy and quick!

Pros

I like how each product is laid out in a tile with the image on the front. It makes it very easy to identify the product and add it to the cart.

Cons

It would be great if we could customize products with in the the app. It and adjust the taxes being charged.

Aubrey
Aubrey
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 17/09/2019

Easy to use for small business

Shopify has been great as a shopper because it helps me have all of my information in one place.

Pros

I really love using Shopify when I am shopping on small business sites because it is easy to use, has the option for me to put in my email to remember all of my personal information, and saves my credit cards.

Cons

Because this is a very simple software, I don't like how it isn't able to grow with a business. Over time, a business would need to invest in a larger platform.

Matthew
Matthew
  • Industry: Music

Reviewed on 05/10/2017

Quick software with nice looking UI. Easy to navigate and works well with integrated hardware

Pros

Keeps track of all products online. Easy to make changes on the fly or take multiple types of payments.

Cons

Does not know to merge clients (always multiples or cannot find them), does not allow to look up client info from the orders page on the app