Alchemer Reviews

About Alchemer

Alchemer offers the world’s most flexible feedback and data collection platform that allows organizations to close the loop with their customers and employees quickly and effectively. Our mission is to give every customer and...

3.8
4.1

Browse Alchemer Reviews

Joshua
Joshua
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 18/04/2020

Great for deploying the deep dive survey strategy created by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

I use survey gizmo to execute [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] deep dive survey strategy. It helps me do exactly that quickly, and easily. My over all experience has been a good one.

Pros

What I like most about Survey Gizmo is it allows you to set up the exact type of survey you need, no matter how simple or complex. Then you can export the data you extracted exactly as you want it. This allows me to use SurveyGizmo to deploy the deep dive survey strategy, collect answers from facebook ad traffic, and export the data to excel in the proper format to run analysis on it.

Cons

I honestly, don't have too many complaints about this software. The only thing I believe they could do better is add more templates. It's a pretty solid platform.

Susanna
  • Industry: Management Consulting
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 19/02/2020

SurveyGizmo Review

We create so many surveys and put them onto Survey Gizmo over the last 6+ years. To easily download results into useful and standard formats makes research move quickly and without a hitch.

Pros

The ability to set up the surveys in SurveyGizmo is very straightforward and logical. So easy, too. You do have to plan the survey well to ensure the questions are in a good order, etc, but that is with any software tool. The results delivered in multiple formats (.pdf and downloadable .csv) give the user tools to both view early results quickly and unidimensionally, and to manipulate the data actively.

Cons

There are several steps required to ensure survey questions are correctly added, and the software knows how to treat each question. However, this set of steps is great for learning and causing one to think about the logic of the survey and potential results.

SurveyMonkey

Reasons for Choosing Alchemer

Ease of use, and logical steps to ensure accuracy of output was a no-brainer.

SurveyMonkey

Reasons for Switching to Alchemer

It seemed much more professional and appropriate for the large surveys and data analysis we required. It didn't disappoint.

Reviewed on 06/07/2018

Greedy and unconscionable. Totally inflexible in servicing customers. Love to take the money.

Was able learn about some of the functions of a survey provider and how they can be used to create quizzes and surveys in creative ways.

Pros

Some of their features at the time were only supported by them. This is changing very quickly. There are several other terrific providers in the marketplace who now support the features that were only available with SG.

Cons

I had to pay them dollar's over the last 5+ years to host 2 surveys with extremely light traffic just as a storage because they were not forthcoming about their downgrade and storage policies. The features I needed - advanced quizzes and calculations - were only available on their platform. I asked them several times my options for downgrading to a lower plan because I was not using the platform but I did not want to loose my data and the work I had done. Their answers were extremely vague knowing full well that they were getting a free ride on the $/month I was paying just for storing a few MB of data. In the meantime, they changed the pricing plans so that the original plan would now cost me $/month. My old plan went on a "legacy plan" where I could not use many of the features like questions libraries. I have now switched to a provider who supports everything that SG does, does it 10 times better than them - both style and function - and does it at half the price.

Top Alchemer Alternatives

edna luci
  • Industry: Entertainment
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 05/05/2023

The ultimate solution for data collection and analysis

The ability to integrate with other tools and platforms has been a huge plus for me. I am able to connect my Alchemer account with other apps I use at work, which has significantly improved my efficiency and productivity.

Pros

What I like the most about the platform is its flexibility and the ability to customize it. From creating surveys and forms to collecting and analyzing data, everything can be tailored to the needs of my project. In addition, the variety of question options, formats and designs allows you to create engaging and dynamic surveys for the participants.

Cons

Although the tool is very powerful, it may take a bit of time to get used to all the features and options it offers. While the platform is easy to use, it can be intimidating at first.

Ryan
Ryan

Reviewed on 27/06/2014

Excellent Tool for Ongoing Customer Feedback for SAAS

We try to make sure all initiatives at Unbounce are customer driven, so we need ways to keep tabs on customer feedback, and continually assess customer satisfaction.

I initially adopted Survey Gizmo to send a one-off survey to our customers. They survey & reports were easy to set up and their support team was absolutely phenomenal (so much so, they've become a *huge* inspiration for the way we run our support team at Unbounce. They set a hiiiiiiigh bar!).

The surveys we run through Survey Gizmo helps us inform our product team of product requests and UX issues, it helps our customer success team know what kinds of content we should create and how we can better support our customers, and it helps give visibility into the various KPIs we use to evaluate our team's performance.

We now have several surveys that are emailed to our customers at certain milestones in their lifecycle, and the feedback we get from them is absolutely critical.

Pros

Easy to use visual survey builder
PHENOMENAL customer support
Great integrations with 3rd party tools (Google Spreadsheets, email notifications etc.)

Cons

When trying to edit multiple survey fields in succession, there is some animation this slows things down a bit. It's certainly no deal breaker, but I feel like I need to add a con of some sort.

Li
Li
  • Industry: Information Services

Reviewed on 05/05/2017

Changes in support structure lead to abysmal customer support levels. Stay away!

Pros

The survey interface is fairly intuitive and they offer a very wide selection of features (which we don't use, but I respect that they exist).

Cons

In the last six months we have received appallingly poor service. Their support staff seem to be allergic to the notion of providing timelines for when we can expect to hear back from them (I'm not even talking about timelines on fixing things; just when I can expect to hear back). They have tried to quadruple our prices with less than 2 months of notice, wherein we do not receive any additional features or benefits that we want to use (and when we asked for a more reasonable feature package in line with our pricing, we were told that we 'no longer fit their infrastructure'). They have done product roll outs that have turned out to be disastrous (in one case, causing an outage which I had to hear about from my clients rather than from them. And when we finally got them on the phone, they informed us that the reason they can't QA everything is because they do product updates 5 times a day (yes; 5 times A DAY, suggesting their platform is miles from stable).

Kyle
Kyle
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 24/06/2014

One of my favorite tools. Period.

4-5 years ago, we were looking for a more comprehensive, better tool than the ubiquitous SurveyMonkey. I found SurveyGizmo and, as a company, we've never looked back. It does all you could ever want for surveying, as do other tools. However, it's in quizzes, forms, customization and support where SurveyGizmo stands out. We are constantly building landing pages and microsites using SurveyGizmo embedded quizzes or forms, which saves us time having to build back-end databases to support them, plus offers us so much more functionality that we could realistically do ourselves. The system is consistently reliable - I don't remember any long outages, ever, even in the current environment of DDOS attacks taking down tools like this regularly.

Beyond that, the support via phone and their online support system is spectacular. Quick answers, great solutions and just a fun company to work directly with. We get tremendous value from SurveyGizmo and I'd highly recommend it to anyone working in communications, marketing or research.

Pros

Flexibility
Comprehensive solution
Modern design
Customizable
Great support
Embeddable
Does quizzes, forms, surveys and more.
Reliable
Consistent

Cons

None that I can think of.

Mayerly
Mayerly
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 09/06/2023

The perfect solution to collect data and improve customer satisfaction

The platform is very easy to use and has allowed me to create custom surveys and forms without having any advanced technical knowledge.

Pros

What I liked the most is the flexibility and ease of use of the platform because I was able to create custom surveys and forms with a wide variety of question options, layouts, and formats without having to worry about technical complexity. In addition, the platform allows me to distribute my surveys through multiple channels, such as email, social networks and WhatsApp, which has allowed me to reach a wider audience.

Cons

The cost of the platform is somewhat high, although it is justified by the quality of the product. Also, some of the custom reports and advanced analytics tools cost extra, which I didn't like.

Stace
Stace
  • Industry: Market Research
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 30/05/2022

Great survey software

Pros

We use this as our back up survey software or if we need to run a survey offline. I like the fact that you can customise almost every aspect of your survey and it has a huge range of question types and the inbuilt analysis and reporting tool is great as you can customise and then just share a link with the client

Cons

It is quite expensive and although there is a free version it doesn't have many features. It would also be nice to have a better way of respondents logging in.

B. C.
B. C.

Reviewed on 23/06/2014

Flexible and Powerful Online Survey Software

SurveyGizmo (SG) is a flexible and powerful tool for businesses of all sizes. The software allows for all imaginable situations being fully customizable for a variety of purposes. In addition to surveys, SG can be used to create quick training materials complete with quizzes and automatic scoring. Integrations with popular SaaS products make SG even more powerful.

Above and beyond the complete list of features and functions is the excellent customer support. On par with famed customer service that one receives from online companies like Zappos, SG customer service goes above and beyond to "make things right".

SG really loves what they do and they treat their customers for life. We been with them over 4 years and would highly recommend them.

Pros

Full Feature Set
Flexible & Customizable
Excellent Customer Service
Always Improving Their Platform

Cons

Advanced Features may require some training.

Reviewed on 29/03/2023

A simple but effective data gathering tool

Impressed by the useability, features, stability and pricing

Pros

Ease of use, quick learning curve, reliable platform

Cons

Data import/merge slow, support team sometimes slow to respond

QuestionPro, Typeform, Zoho Survey, SmartSurvey and SurveyMonkey

Reasons for Choosing Alchemer

Mainly price driven

Strategy & Research

Reasons for Switching to Alchemer

Price, features, ease of use
Lenni
  • Industry: Market Research

Reviewed on 17/09/2021

Starting to go downhill

Overall, we were quite happy with Alchemer at the outset but something has changed at the company and their tool and their support (especially engineering support) has been glitchy / poor. See previous comments. We don't want to switch vendors, but we may be forced to if they don't turn things around.

Pros

We chose this software based on its reasonalbe price and feature bundle. It is easy to use so non-technical people can perform many tasks associated with our research projects.

Cons

In the past year (pretty much since Survey Gizmo changed its name to Alchemer) the product has gone downhill. We've had terrible account support and frequent issues with the software. Often, an issue will come up due to a change they've applied to our account that they failed to inform us about. We have also often waited weeks for issue resolution when we couldn't afford to wait weeks. If they don't turn things around soon, we will not renew our license next time.

Phyliss
  • Industry: Printing

Reviewed on 21/08/2020

EXCEPTIONAL! HIGHLY RECOMMEND

It's an online service housed on the internet. There have been times where the program was unavailable and our clients had to retry access over a period of time. However SurveyGizmo technicians would quickly to resolve the issues.

Pros

We offer a monthly newsletter where our customers click through the options to create their personal marketing piece. SurveyGizmo gives us the option of uploading rough draft pictures of the pages and options that make it extremely easy for our clients to choose their monthly options.

Cons

It's a little pricey for a monthly software program, especially since we only use a small portion of the entire software. It would be great if they had a cheaper monthly service that fit our needs.

Peter
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 29/11/2018

Data and statistics presented well

Pros

SurveyGizmo's best feature is the user-interface and how it displays statistics, using graphs to present clearly the outcome of the survey. We're able to present at fairly high-level meetings with SurveyGizmo. Presenting to senior staff who don't normally work with hard data is always a challenge, but the various graphs and visuals really help us to convey this.
The sheer number of features and services SurveyGizmo offers is incredible, although a lot of these you may never actually use.

Cons

Customer service isn't the best. Although the help we did receive was useful and did solve our problem, it was the time it took to reach a satisfactory conclusion that was the issue. Maybe just a lack of personnel on their end.
Styling of surveys can be rather tedious, with no way of being able to set a standard look and feel across all of your forms.

Luisana

Reviewed on 07/03/2018

Entertainment and comfort, that's what SurveyGizmo represents.

I have benefited a lot from the use of SurveyGizmo, previously I had many problems because I was totally bored doing a survey, but since I implemented this software in my company, now doing a survey is much simpler and more entertaining.

Pros

What I like most about SurveyGizmo is the interface, I've never really felt so comfortable doing a questionnaire, this platform has provided me with excellent comfort and attention so I can continue to conduct surveys on it.

Cons

I do not like the prices of SurveGizmo, this factor does not really affect so much, and it's not that interesting, but I would like the rates stipulated in the SurveyGizmo plans to be more accessible to a public with low prices.

Reviewed on 08/08/2018

Used to be fantastic

Pros

I have found Survey Gizmo to be the easiest survey software for new users to learn. With a quick 30 minute training session, I can get novice survey programmers up and running.

Cons

Survey Gizmo has experienced incredible growing pains over the past year and a half. Features have been removed mid-license, data has been lost, logic has gotten garbled, etc. As a long-time user of it, I can no longer recommend the product until the platform becomes more stable.

Maykol
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 17/04/2018

Better organization of opinions.

I have benefited from the use of SurveyGizmo since I have managed to scale several beneficial characteristics. As they are, a better presentation of surveys related to my company, a better organization of opinions.

Pros

I like SurveyGizmo mostly because of the design, it has blue and pink colors, which generates an excellent comfort when making the design a little fun. The colors that it has in the surveys are also very good, it makes the survey not boring.

Cons

I have no complaint about SurveyGizmo, it is software that has behaved tailored and has made my company more and more feasible and real.

Patrick

Reviewed on 05/01/2015

5 stars all the way!

I really like using SurveyGizmo, it just seems so easy to use, to get around. I like everything about it - the colours, the styles, the icons and graphics, it's so easy to copy an old survey, extract what you need from it for the new one and discard the rest. All of it just seems so intuitive, whether it's adding logic to questions or creating reports from the completed responses, it's neat!
Whenever I get stuck , thinking, is there a way to do this thing that would make it pretty cool for the public, then I have a look through the help pages where there's lots of examples and the answers usually already there, like they've already pre-empted my needs!
The help is right there on the page where you are and once you've searched through it you're straight back into the survey again, which means that it's easy to pick up again from where you left off.
I like the way the support runs too. They never give me the feeling that they'd rather be doing something else, I always feel as if they have time to spend pinging emails back and forth and having a bit of chat along the way, like real people (where did they find them! lol!)
I've contacted the support probably 4 or 5 times when I've been really stuck and they've always provided me with the answer and even a wee bit more, like an easier way, or provided a couple of different options.
This is one of those sites where you can see that technology IS smart and really can be used to work for you.
If you asked me to sum all this up in a sentence, I'd have to say that, When I'm using SurveyGizmo it gives me the feeling that I'm going with the flow.

Chense

Reviewed on 14/03/2018

The prices should go down immediately and make them adapted.

I have benefited from its use in my work area because I have managed to obtain a more graphic response or opinion, an opinion that increases utility and greatly improves efficiency.

Pros

I really like the easy adaptation that SurveyGizmo has, and also how generous it is to allow access from any device and offer the ability to create a survey using a mobile phone.

Cons

I do not like the prices of SurveyGizmo, since they surpass the price and I see it as a high risk factor, it is a very expensive tool and it does not have so many innovative functions.

• Industry: Human Resources
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 09/12/2019

Proficient Data Analytics Tool aka 'Data in a Snap'!

SurveyGizmo has allowed us to obtain collective opinions on a variety of topics--whether it was satisfaction after a training event, or a manager 360--this tool has helped us simplify the process and be leagues ahead on understanding and evaluating where we are at on a particular topic.

Pros

By far, one of the easiest surveying tools out there to use. It takes almost zero time to orient yourself to the design tool, even if you are a novice, and little time to create a survey if you have prepared questions from which you are working. You can rearrange the questions on a whim, preview the survey in test mode and invite others to do the same. The results will display in charts and graphs for a snapshot of the outcome and exports to a variety of formats for quick use.

Cons

There isn't much capability for customization for the look and feel of the survey. If you are wanted to stand on 'brand' or communicate a particular 'tone' with your survey, this will make it challenging. The .pdf export option doesn't download in an organized format - tends to be a bit all over the place.

Vigney

Reviewed on 05/03/2018

Speed ​​and efficiency in SurveyGizmo, access anywhere in the world.

The use of SurveyGizmo has greatly benefited me, since I have been able to send surveys about my company's material, from any place where I find, and receive answers instantly!

Pros

What I like most about SurveyGizmo is the mobile phone version, since it's great to be able to create surveys using a simple phone, wherever you are!

Cons

I do not like the prices that SurveyGizmo has, I think that these prices should go down a bit, it is very expensive to access high quality plans that have many benefits.

Maria

Reviewed on 23/05/2018

SurveyGizmo is a very good developer.

Pros

The best thing about SurveyGizmo is the default design it offers for surveys that have not been provided with a design, the same platform offers a design that really complements each survey and makes it more fun.

Cons

They should fix some other detail in the instructions so that they are more specific and users can understand them much more, and that they have more ease in the development of ideas in the course of use.

Sai

Reviewed on 18/07/2017

Excellent affordable alternative to Qualtrics or other sophisticated survey software.

Pros

HIPAA Compliant.
Offers skip logic, integration with lots of different options (google sheets, salesforce, etc). I would love to see a direct ability to pipe from SG database. Then you could analyze directly from MS Excel.
Also, lots of different question options.

Cons

Customer Service can lag. No phone # to call into when you have an issue with the software functioning properly.

Reviewed on 26/06/2014

Our Experience with SurveyGizmo

We started off doing some basic surveying, which got more complicated over time. specifically, we discovered we needed to employ very harsh disqualifying methods in order to obtain the data we needed. the SurveyGizmo API enabled us to do so easily. once the survey was completed, we purchased an online panel using the SurveyGizmo panel integration. It worked seamlessly! we were instantly approached by the panel provider as soon as the invoice was paid, and SurveyGizmo were on track the entire time, so we never felt like we are falling between the cracks. At some point, we needed to perform a survey with a very low IR (incidence rate). SurveyGizmo went out of their way to find us a panel provider which specialises in low IR surveys, and this helped us greatly in our data collection process. The SurveyGizmo support is worth noting - the team is very responsive, your case is assigned to one person who takes care of you and knows your survey and your needs. the SurveyGizmo support representative who walked us through the process (the same one over months!) was that familiar with our survey, that we received improvement suggestions from him, which proved to be very insightful!
last, it's worth noting that we tried several providers before reaching SurveyGizmo, and none gave us all the above in one place.

Pros

great support, very easy to use, programming API, great online panel integration

Debra
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 18/07/2017

Most friendly survey software and the very best support

It powers our client surveys and assessments. We do hundreds of these every month.

Pros

This software is the most friendly survey software we've used and we've tried 3 of them. It is professional, yet fun. We do pretty complicated surveys and assessments and so far it has fit all of our needs. The best part though is their customer support - it is absolutely the best we've ever experienced and we depend on half a dozen online software providers. Can't say enough positive things about our experience with SurveyGizmo over the past 4 years.