Acumatica Cloud ERP Reviews

About Acumatica Cloud ERP

Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Through leading-edge technology, best-in-class business functionality, and customer-friendly...

4.2
4.2
4.1

Browse Acumatica Cloud ERP Reviews

Elizabeth
Elizabeth

Reviewed on 09/09/2023

Acumatica – a powerful Cloud-based ERP System

If there is a feature that is not available, the Acumatica marketplace is there to help you find a certified partner to integrate a solution. And if you already have a solution, Acumatica's robust API makes integration very easy, it has very good integations with other software.

Pros

I like that Acumatica is a cloud based platform, in all this time I have used it I can say that it offers incomparable flexibility. Being able to manage finances and pay bills from anywhere in the world is a huge advantage for me. What I like the most is how customizable and modular the plaform is. You can choose the modules you need and adapt them to fit your specific requirements

Cons

The only drawback I find with this platform is that it doesn’t have a mobile version that facilitates its use, everything has to be done from the platform.

Theresa
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 12/04/2022

2022 Review

Pros

This product allows us to keep track of information that we need at a relatively inexpensive price

Cons

The time and expense module is not a smooth system to use. The setup of our employees and contractors is difficult and we have to use a different numbering system when it moves over to AP. The approval set up is clunky. The approval of invoices is good and is fairly intuitive for our employees.

Epicor for Distribution and NetSuite

Reasons for Choosing Acumatica Cloud ERP

Open Systems was a DOS based system that was very difficult to set up. The reporting was clunky and since I had used DOS, I was able to set the reports up but I could not pass it along to any other employee.

Open Systems

Price.

Reviewed on 14/07/2023

If You Need A Good System, Try Quick Books. It Has Better Options Than Acumatica

The realization that we made a honorably mistake and should have selected a different system. And I fear that when we express our frustrations that they will kill off our service as they have expressed this directly to me in a veiled threat during one of our conference calls.

Pros

At this time...Nothing. Internally we call it Crapmatica.

Cons

Acumatica ERP software, in my experience, has been quite disappointing. It falls short in several areas, and I can't help but feel frustrated with its limitations. One major issue is the lack of basic reporting features right out of the box. Unlike other accounting software, there is no intuitive "drill down" function available anywhere in this ERP system. Instead, finding information requires a tedious search or running multiple reports on top of each other.What's worse is that certain essential reports are simply missing, forcing users to rely on costly implementation services to create custom reports. Even then, any necessary adjustments come with an additional financial burden. This lack of flexibility and the associated costs are significant drawbacks.The payroll system, a critical component of any ERP, is another letdown. Despite its high price tag, it fails to deliver reliable functionality. This can cause major disruptions to business operations and create unnecessary stress for users.Furthermore, when it comes to analyzing sales data and estimating costs and hours spent on a specific customer during the opportunity phase, Acumatica proves to be inadequate. The system lacks the necessary tools to input this information for opportunities, such as quotes or bids. This limitation severely hampers the ability to make informed business decisions.I could delve into more grievances, but it would only escalate my frustration. I do not recommend this system.

NetSuite

Reasons for Choosing Acumatica Cloud ERP

to update from an old accounting system to a complete ERP

Reasons for Switching to Acumatica Cloud ERP

for the payroll! which doesn't work.,

Response from Acumatica

Hi John, thank you for sharing your feedback on Acumatica. We are very sorry to hear about your experience so far. Could we have someone from our product/customer success team get in touch with you to discuss and address your concerns?

Replied 11/10/2023

Top Acumatica Cloud ERP Alternatives

SAP S/4HANA Cloud

Katana Cloud Inventory

Xentral Software

Shary

Reviewed on 15/11/2023

The Future of Construction ERP

My confidence in Acumatica is so strong that I shifted my career path and became a reseller of Acumatica, focusing on the construction industry. My experience with them has been unparalleled as far as their commitment to the product, the industry, to their resellers, and their customers.

Pros

In addition to Acumatica's robust construction features, the open API, volume of integrated products (and unlimited ability to integrate to any platform), and the strength of features available beyond traditional construction-specialized ERP platforms (eg: automated bank feeds and credit card feeds for automation of bank and credit card reconciliations, native expense management with OCR recognition of receipts, robust manufacturing and distribution features) as well at being true, native, cloud and unlimited users make this the best ERP platform for the construction industry today - and position it to be the leading construction ERP of the future.

Cons

The only recommendation I would have to construction contractors considering Acumatica is to consider using a third party for field time entry. While Acumatica has this functionality, and it is included in the core licensing, based on my extensive experience in the construction industry, the time entry UI on the mobile app is not as efficient as it is in third-party products that are dedicated to capturing field labor time in the construction industry.

Rich
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 08/08/2023

An average ERP system - may be worth spending more for a premier brand

The system was oversold and our management team is now suggesting we shift to a more prominent brand.

Pros

Having a native cloud based software is an advantage.

Cons

CRM is terrible and requires significant user input to generate important data. Manufacturing module is sold as robust but lacks several key features. Software requires significant "customization" to be impactful, user must verify that "customization" still works after every upgrade which is time consuming. Service Support module seems new and has required significant time to implement.

Dynamics 365, Salesforce Sales Cloud and SAP Concur

Reasons for Switching to Acumatica Cloud ERP

Initial cost was attractive but software was oversold with its capabilities. While upfront and monthly costs are important, companies should consider hidden costs from time consumption, slow rollout of "customization" and extremely high storage costs.
Kelly
  • Industry: Market Research

Reviewed on 04/03/2020

Acumatica Review - (includes Project Accounting module)

Being able to analyze all project costs (including labor) has been a huge eye opener for management.

Pros

Project accounting module - labor & costs can be applied to each project and compared to initial budget to see what went right and what went wrong

Cons

Dashboarding functionality - I am not a programmer - I don't understand the generic queries required to program the dashboards and have to pay our consultants to create them etc. I don't have the problem with spending the time doing it but my mind does not work that way. Very inefficient when I need to play around to get what I want then explain to some one else how I want it.

Dynamics 365 and NetSuite

Reasons for Choosing Acumatica Cloud ERP

MAS 500 was becoming obsolete and limiting.

Reasons for Switching to Acumatica Cloud ERP

Acumatica Cloud did everything we needed it to do. It was much more user friendly and more cost effective.

Response from Acumatica

Hello - A big thank you for sharing your feedback on Acumatica with a review on Capterra! The feedback is very valuable as we work to enhance the solution. Thanks!-Kim

Replied 01/04/2020
  • Industry: Import & Export

Reviewed on 13/04/2022

A sophisticated system to grow by.

Overall Acumatica has provided BMT with a state of the art ERP/information system which has allowed us to execute flawlessly all information by division, measure our activity, forecast profitability, and maintain all necessary information to run our business. It was Nexvue's support and expertise that made Acumatica the system we have today, and we could not have done it with out them.

Pros

In certain aspects the software allowed for enormous flexibility. Item classes and Financial Sub-\Accounts.
Open Architecture for creating modifications. We created a fairly large number of modifications, written and implemented by Nexvue, that turned Acumatica from a really good system to an exceptional one.

Cons

Out of the box, importing, Transportation and Logistics were weak. We created a Voyage Maintenance
module. Freight in and Freight out System enhancements.

Becky
Becky

Reviewed on 17/03/2023

Acumatica, the incredible ERP system

I enjoy being a part of the Acumatica community, and I find their ability to automate processes through business events, import scenarios, and workflows using low- or no-code to be particularly impressive.

Pros

When it comes to business software, Acumatica is without peer. The system is fantastic, and because it exists in the cloud, it can be accessed from any device at any time. It's easy to use, and you can tweak it to meet your specific requirements.

Cons

This module for fixed assets is insufficient. Converting a transaction to an asset is cumbersome and inconsistent with posting in the right time periods. As a customer, I hope the screens associated with my service contract get updated in the near future.

Reviewed on 30/09/2022

The right ERP for growth

Excellent - Great customer support services from Acumatica staff,
Tech Future Proof

Pros

Scalability - you can start small and grow your business with Acumatica which provides a quicker ROI,

Cons

Cost - especially when comparing with entry level products;

• Industry: Building Materials

Reviewed on 13/05/2022

Initial Impression Is Good

Pros

We have been working to implement Acumatica for over 2 years with the initial phase of the rollout being 2 months old. While we have many bugs to work out in the software development, the initial impression is huge as our company grows larger. Compared to our previous ERP, Acumatica will allow us to venture further in reporting, manufacturing, accounting and other features.

Cons

Nothing against the software per say, however it can be very lengthy to develop into exactly what you want in an ERP. We've worked tirelessly with a consulting company to help us create the perfect software.

Ed

Reviewed on 30/12/2015

Great Cloud ERP System with an open source

Pros

Access data anytime from any device anywhere around the world via an internet connection with a consistent real-time visibility. All users can access and input data into a centralized data store which puts consistent updated information at everyone’s fingertips instantly.
the flexibility: Easily scale resources up or down as needed without making a major investment decision. Cloud ERP software will remain current with automatic updates as part of your Cloud ERP service contract making it easier to take advantage of new capabilities.
More Responsive Service and Support: Cloud vendors provide more detailed information to Cloud ERP users at every service level and are more motivated to provide the best customer support.
Faster Time-to-Solution Value: When using public cloud models, businesses don’t have to buy and deploy infrastructure which allows them to be up and running with their Cloud ERP system much more quickly.
Minimized Financial Risks: Reduce upfront capital spending on technology infrastructure and the option of subscription software licensing thus further minimizing financial output and risk.
Economies of Skill: Vendors deploy, manage and run Cloud ERP solutions so businesses don’t have to, therefore allowing them to focus more on employee success, optimal business growth and bottom line profit initiatives.
Easy adoption and the user frendly, the seamless integration between the erp and microsoft office 365 and the workflows.
easy to customize without needed to have deep technical knolwledge to do the customization, the cost effectiveness of the ERP allowing us to increase the profitability, in addition the fact that maintennance of the database is easier, and the inclusion of CRM with the ERP accessing a unique database. Integration with PowerBi, and Financial reporting.

The software price is not based on the number of users. and the posibility to grow with the software. easy consolidation between companies with differents multi-currencies and multi-languages. Worldwide access.

Cons

there is just not much i can say about dislike, due to any issues that i have with the system, the system was able to complete all the process without customization.

Waleed

Reviewed on 09/03/2022

An integrated tool to put all tasks and resources under constant monitoring

Because we now have a strong database linked to the cloud, we can carry out our tasks with precision and quality. Our reports are reliable, especially regarding the organization's financial operations and projects, and thus we know the true status of the project, saving us time and allowing us more flexibility.

Pros

Acumatica is a great ERP and project management solution that allows us to track orders and information in the field, as well as add partners and suppliers and provide them with access to specific tools to track their orders and update their data and completion percentages of their activities. Acumatica enhances team collaboration, so one colleague enters data while another colleague gets access to project details that help them complete their task. I love how Acumatica allows us to export data for use in another system and also for audits. Acumatica has enabled us to improve field interaction, simplify operations, and make quick decisions without lengthy meetings. Acumatica enables progress tracking and bottlenecks along the project lifecycle, as well as cross-departmental collaboration to discuss, answer general inquiries, collect data, and automate processes, allowing employees to focus on problem-solving and follow-up tasks more efficiently.

Cons

Acumatica is simple to use and takes little training for the employees to become comfortable with the tools. I also saw data import and export issues.

Response from Acumatica

Thanks for such an incredible review Waleed! We'd love to have you consider joining our Customer Heroes program. Check it out: https://acumati.ca/2Teo1I2

Replied 03/04/2022
Arthur
  • Industry: Warehousing

Reviewed on 25/07/2023

Acumatica Inventory Management

Even with a few issues, overall the system is very effective and efficient. He makes life working on inventory much easier. When handling errors in the inventory, it helps to be able to dive deeper into the past and movements of the items. They make it easier to find out where the item may have lived in the past and correlate where the item could have been moved to. The inventory needs these types of tools.

Pros

The features I like the most, are the ease of use when transferring items to different locations and updating purchase orders. The system is built for an inventory specialist especially when doing investigations on inventory errors and finding more details about a product.

Cons

The system does have issues when backtracking or updating many items. The system doesn't allow for changing more than when one item at a time for each location. You always have to go back to the home page to use the inventory details link.

Reviewed on 05/04/2022

Acumatica Cloud ERP - Review

Very positive. We outgrew Quickbooks Desktop and this was the perfect solution for us.

Pros

Cloud Based. Very powerful. Very configurable.

Cons

Not intuitive to create reports or inquiries.

Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate and NetSuite

We outgrew Quickbooks
Bryce
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 05/04/2022

Acumatica is a strong and comprehensive ERP

I do really appreciate Acumatica and the ability to get me the data & clarity I need to perform my job.

Pros

The amount of data that can be tracked and dash boarded is great for all sorts of management needs

Cons

Overall theme would be ease of use. It is not a terribAculy intuitive software and takes quite a bit of time to learn how it works and how to navigate. The software takes quite a few clicks to navigate. Tech usage of the App has had reliability issues and quite "clicky" as well.

Response from Acumatica

Thanks Bryce for the thoughtful review of Acumatica! - Kim

Replied 12/04/2022
Jaskaran

Reviewed on 14/06/2023

Acumatica is an efficient cloud based ERP platform

The cloud-based nature of Acumatica allows users to access the system from anywhere, at any time, using any device with an internet connection.

Pros

The platform offers a wide range of modules and integrations, enabling organizations to adapt and scale as their business evolves. Acumatica has strong integration capabilities, allowing businesses to connect with various third-party applications, such as CRM systems, e-commerce platforms, payment gateways, and more.

Cons

The cost structure typically includes licensing fees, implementation costs, and ongoing subscription fees based on factors such as the number of users and modules required.

Ash
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Reviewed on 04/08/2023

My Review of ACU

Experience is good. It's just frustrating having to build everything from scratch.

Pros

I am not sure yet tbt. I am still using this product under a year now. I like the Cloud Aspect of it.

Cons

Report Design Editor / Wiki Editor / Everything seems very 1999 and not Modernized WYWG.Approvals & Maps is a disaster putting together - Nothing saves you have to go back. The whole Editingfunction of it is very draconian and old!. Creating INstances & Tenants is a pain and Customization Projects having to put them in again is such a joke. Upgrading is not fun!.

Nya

Reviewed on 31/03/2023

Why I'd recommend Acumatica

Cutting edge, modern technology, user friendly.

Pros

What I like the most about Acumatica is availability of information online.Acumatica University also makes training in my own time easy.

Cons

I wish perpetual pricing would remain an option. Some clients find it not sustainable to pay the same amount each year.

Reviewed on 01/02/2023

Acumatica review

Pros

Automation and integration amongst various modules

Cons

the payroll module when I tried to get on with it it seem to be complicated

Dynamics 365

Future proof
Eileen

Reviewed on 03/08/2023

Acumatica

Pros

Being a cloud-based ERP, Acumatica offers several advantages, such as easy accessibility from anywhere and automatic updates.

Cons

There is difficult for Acumatica integrates with other business applications.

Brian
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 11/04/2022

Great cloud based ERP

Pros

Great functionality, fully cloud based, and easy to use.

Cons

Integration went well. There are some feature holes related to our business we ran into and getting developer attention was challenging, though not really more difficult than other ERP providers.

• Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 08/04/2022

Valued ERP

Very easy to implement

Pros

Sales order, purchasing, accounting
I think Acumatica is easy to use by all level of user

Cons

If compare Acumatica with other softwares, functions are very limited.

Response from Acumatica

Thanks for the review on Gartner Digital Markets/Capterra! - Kim

Replied 12/04/2022
Jairam

Reviewed on 10/04/2020

Great ERP for midsize businesses

Very easy to use interface. Very easy to build new reports and web services.

Pros

Acumatica ERP has very easy to understand user interface. It is ideal for small companies to implement ERP for sales and invoicing. Generic Inquiries and Import by scenarios are excellent features of this product.
It is very easy to copy paste transactions. Love this product.

Cons

It does not have advanced features in some areas. But, overall a great product for small to medium sized businesses.

• Industry: Legal Services

Reviewed on 09/01/2018

Good Software Bad Support

Over all it saved money and the product can grow with us.

Pros

The software is very flexible and is based on .net. You can see the source code and modify any parts that you want.

Cons

You have to use a third party to implement it. Any support has to go through the vendor an hour. The consulting charges add up

Kleber
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

Reviewed on 12/12/2023

Acumatica Cloud ERP Review

Pros

Excelenet is a cheap software that helps and streamlines all internal operations of a company.

Cons

certain methods must be updated and optimized since the wait generates a bit of annoyance