TheraNest Reviews

About TheraNest

TheraNest is an HIPAA compliant web-based mental health solution used by solo practitioners, large mental health practices, and nonprofit organizations. The solution is suited for therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, and...

4.1

Browse TheraNest Reviews

Gary
Gary

Reviewed on 21/11/2018

All In with TheraNest

Our office was using one company for scheduling patients and patient notification (text messaging); one company for billing; and one company for notes which resulted in huge opportunities for human error; the specific needs of our office were not addressed with any one company.

TheraNest addresses most of our office needs in one integrated program. Scheduling, appointment notifications, progress notes, billing, and ERA (eventually).

I previewed the ERA and it looks like it will efficiently apply payments to billed services.

I am very satisfied with TheraNest and strongly recommend it for other Behavioral Health providers.

Pros

Imported years of data from another system into TheraNest with no errors and very limited time commitment. Their customer support was very helpful and honest about the transition.

TheraNest is full featured- Our office used a competitor program for 30+ years but wanted/needed a cloud based state of the art EHR program- Our office tried several other popular programs but they all had significant limitations. We are very excited about Theranest.

Our Office is new to the program but so far so good. The customer support is excellent. They are adding features frequently, including specific features requested by users. The start up learning curve is doable and our staff picked it up in a few days versus weeks.

The scheduling, pt. appointment notifications, calendar, and agenda are well thought out and fully integrated. The initial intake note and progress notes took some getting used too but they work very well- DX codes are easily entered and updated. The progress notes are very professional and signed and cosigned if necessary.

I know this sounds like a paid advertisement but I have spent a lot of time, money and effort trying other programs and I was never more encouraged than with Theranest.

Our goal was to be fully functional with the transition from our current system to Theranest by January 2019. We are ahead of schedule and our intention is to bill our first full month of receivables for November 2018.

Cons

The fees were initially off putting. But after becoming familiar with TheraNest, I see the potential for a very efficient, time saving, integrated system that is well worth the monthly investment.

There is also flexibility with monthly billing based upon caseload (increasing or decreasing at discretion of the user) and it seems fair.

Response from Therapy Brands

Thank you for the glowing review!! We are so happy to hear you and your team are enjoying TheraNest!

Replied 18/12/2018
Amy

Reviewed on 05/08/2020

Recent Failures

If you asked a few days ago I would have said it’s pretty decent but in recent changes they lack integrity and are taking advantage of customers in a pandemic. Not a company I want to be a part of anymore. Regardless of some great features I would look elsewhere.

Pros

I have used Theranest since it was a new company. In the beginning the customer service was wonderful. The look is clean and user friendly and they have great tools and tutorials. They offer a wide variety of services.

Cons

I liked most things up until this year. Their customer service has been spotty this year and I was giving a little grace due to COVID but have learned that they were bought by another company in Feb of this year and that has brought about the change. Their telehealth option has been reasonably priced and has worked fairly well with the occasional glitches- it could use some improvements but 8/4/20 they sent an email stating that they are raising the telehealth fees for anyone seeing more than 30 clients a month by about 400% and raising their already high credit card rates fairly significantly. In an email I was basically told by their customer service rep that my business wasn’t that important to them.

CounSol.com

Reasons for Switching to TheraNest

The quality of the product at the time. The interface was superior at the time.

Reviewed on 10/07/2019

Not great for larger practices

Most everything has already been said. It's been like many up and coming technology companies - not a lot of great customer support; communicating through email is frustrating (because they don't read completely what your issues are, etc.); and lots of kinks to be worked out. I also feel as if their "updates" are focused on completely superficial and peripheral things and not on the core of the software.

Pros

The therapists on staff at my agency love the software. With only a few complaints, they find it easy to use and obviously are happy to not have paper files any longer. We have used this software since July 2018. I also appreciate that TheraNest offers a discount for nonprofits, which our counseling agency is a nonprofit. This helps with my budgeting.

Cons

The billing and reporting of this software is lacking in many ways, from the lack of robust reporting options to very elementary and clunky billing system. I would NEVER recommend this product for a group practice. Literally, we asked them early on - due to their statements being very difficult to read - if they had any accounting professional associated with the development of the software, and the answer was no. I have a CPA who reconciles our books every month and it's been a nightmare trying to reconcile TheraNest. Again, it might be good for a solo practitioner or for someone who is less worried about reconciling finances.

Response from Therapy Brands

Hi there! Thank you for taking the time to write us a review, we appreciate hearing about all experiences!

We are happy to hear that your therapists are loving the ease of use and clinical documentation features. Client management is a breeze!

More recently we have made several updates to both our billing and reporting features. If you haven't visited these functions in some time we would highly recommend giving it another try! Reporting is a breeze with the new customizable options on the Daily Billing report! We consulted with accounting professionals and did many customer validation calls and we are getting a lot of positive feedback.

We are surprised to hear that you are having trouble communicating with our Customer Happiness team via email. Sometimes we may need to ask some clarifying questions to ensure we are on the same page so we can point you in the right direction. But we'd be more then happy to work with you over the phone if that is easier for you!

Replied 16/07/2019

Top TheraNest Alternatives

My Clients Plus

Qualifacts CareLogic

QuickBooks Online

Lindsay

Reviewed on 23/06/2020

Favorite EHR System!

I am very happy with my experience with TheraNest. I feel secure knowing all my files are in one place and I can access from anywhere, anytime. Training staff is easy too with so many videos and articles to help train them on how to use the system.

Pros

The product is intuitive and easy to use. I love the note writing (can copy from last note), treatment planning (wiley system) and billing features. I love that TheraNest is constantly updating and making the system better and better!

Cons

Creating custom forms can be difficult. You can't copy and paste a document easily and have to re-create each one. Once you get used to it, it becomes easy just takes some learning :) Sometimes it takes a day or two to hear back from customer service if you use the chat feature.

TherapyNotes, LLC and SimplePractice

Reasons for Switching to TheraNest

Yes! I did trials for these 3 programs and chose TheraNest!

Response from Therapy Brands

Thank you for the review Lindsay! We are so honored to be your favorite EHR system. We will continue to work hard for you to earn that #1 spot.

Replied 27/07/2020
Tyler

Reviewed on 05/10/2020

5 Stars

If you are wondering if you should, and you have spent hours searching like I have. You can stop. Theranest has got it all.

Pros

I have to say, I was scare to take on a venture of switching EHR’s. Our previous EHR was spectacular. Theranest was a lot to understand at first, and had way more features than our previous EHR. But within 1 week, we made a complete merge and once our platform was completed functional, the easiest part was bringing out clients over. The ease Theranest has instilled in their system makes it work every single penny spent.

Cons

I am not sure if any EHR does do this, but I wish merging our clients documents and implementing all of their information into our Theranest was a bit easier. But spend time getting used to the system and where everything is, and you’ll have no problem.

TherapyNotes, LLC and Therasoft Online

Reasons for Choosing TheraNest

To allow office staff more access to our clients and interacting with them so clinicians can do their job and not worry about the administration side.

Reasons for Switching to TheraNest

TheraNest’s client portal. That’s what won.
Krystal

Reviewed on 04/05/2021

TheraNest Works Well Enough

Having an EHR system really benefits my practice because I do not need to store paper charts. I like the ability to communicate in a HIPAA compliant way with clients, though I have not been able to get as much buy in from my clients around this as I would like. I appreciated the integrated telehealth system at the beginning of the pandemic, despite the fact that it was a little glitchy, but then they raise prices substantially, so I opted for another platform that was both less glitchy and a better cost value. Forms can be customized, but this is not the intuitive process I wanted it to be. I am not a computer wiz, but also I am not intimidated by computers/software. I imagine that this system would be a challenge if you were not confident in navigating unfamiliar software. Basically, it does the essentials that I need an EHR system to do. I might explore other options if it was not such a pain to consider switching everything over to a new system. I believe that it can probably do more for me than what I am getting out of it and it lacks features that I would really like to have in a system. I can make it work for me and it is not cost prohibitive to do so.

Pros

I like that they do accept user feedback. They have tutorials available to help figure out what features are available and how to use them. I appreciate the option to allow my biller to access my appointment information without an additional fee. I imagine that there are even more helpful features if you do your own billing, but I do not utilize those features. I appreciate the Wiley practice planner add on feature to help me create treatment plans (even though these can also be highly problematic in that they are transphobic, homophobic, heteronormative, and Christian based, but this is not TheraNest's problem). I love that my clients can fill out all their forms online. This saves paper and was really handy when the pandemic hit.

Cons

It is not as intuitive as I hoped it would be. While it has a lot of features, there are things that I think would be incredibly useful (and I am not alone in these thoughts as others have highlighted them on the user feedback platform) that have not been implemented. It can also be quite slow to load. I really do not like that I have to refresh the page often and intentionally for things to show up correctly on the page I am working on. This has caused significant communication errors with my biller, who does not understand computers as well and did not know to regularly refresh her browser. I would expect that in navigating around the site, that it would refresh automatically, but this is not the case.

Reasons for Switching to TheraNest

It seemed more customizable at the time. I no longer believe this to be the case. Pricing is very similar.
Michelle

Reviewed on 04/10/2021

Theranest Supports my Private Practice

Overall, I really enjoy using Theranest for my EHR, & billing needs. Since it is all in one place, I am able to take care of these needs with ease.

Pros

It took me a bit to get to learn all the ins & outs of the software. However, on a personal level, I have to practice something until I am able to do it with ease. The Knowledge base in Theranest helped me look up anything I needed to learn to do and the instructions are very easy to follow, especially because they have videos to show you as well. Thus, it was in this way that it made learning how to navigate all the features with ease.

Cons

The process that was the most difficult, and still have not figured out is the APEX system, I thought I had gone through all the steps, but it still kept giving me trouble and then I gave up.

Reasons for Switching to TheraNest

I liked the aesthetics of TheraNest and it seemed more user friendly when I was doing the trial period for both products.
Chassidy

Reviewed on 25/01/2023

User Friendly EHR

Pros

I have used Theranest for over five years since starting my solo private practice. The ease of use has been outstanding. I have everything I need to keep organized records, appointments and invoices all in one place. I transitioned to providing Telehealth seamlessly with Theranest during the Covid pandemic as well.

Cons

There is really nothing I don't like about it.

EHR 24/7

Reasons for Switching to TheraNest

I thought TheraNest was more user friendly and customizable.
Christina
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Reviewed on 22/07/2022

Easy to set up and use; reliable; sustainable.

Agile tool, trustworthy, dynamic, comprehensive.

Pros

I have found the set-up easy, the tutorials and knowledge base useful, the customer service responsive, and the tools easy to use and teach colleagues to use.

Cons

The migration of our former EHR system (MyClients+) has yet to occur, as it is not clear how easy it will be to access the records from former clients if needed. We could use some hand-holding to get this accomplished.

Calendly and SimplePractice

Reasons for Choosing TheraNest

Wanted updated and more comprehensive tool. Also, TheraNest offers a 50% non-profit discount which our organization very much needs.

Reasons for Switching to TheraNest

Customer service, price, apparent ease of migration of former system (though this has not yet panned out).
Dr. Holly
Dr. Holly

Reviewed on 22/12/2020

Depends On Your Needs

It was decent. They have superb customer service. I really liked how attentive they are to your needs and are very open to making sure your issues are resolved.

Pros

Uploading documents into client's charts was a breeze. It made it easy for my staff and I to review charts electronically. The calendar feature is very user-friendly.

Cons

It was very difficult to figure out how to co-sign on my staff notes. I needed this function and found it hard to set up. Setting up each staff person was a little difficult.

Reasons for Switching to TheraNest

TheraNest was affordable. It didn't charge me per staff as some other programs. That was financially feasible for me and my agency.
beth
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 14/07/2020

Don't do it!!

Pros

ease of use in terms of scheduling, billing etc. Clearly did not check out customer service.

Cons

The organization obviously does not have the infrastructure to be able to provide timely or useful customer service. It typically takes several days to a week before you hear back and then will likely have to schedule call for another week later. Customer service completely stinks. Other companies like Practice mate etc will answer phone calls and troubleshoot problems when it work for the customer, not when some technician can set up a call. Twice the time alotted for call hasn't been enough and we've needed to finsih call at another time.

Response from Therapy Brands

Hi Beth, thank you for your feedback. We do offer different channels of support. While some customers prefer the option to set up a call between their client sessions, we do offer an alternative where you can call in at your convenience (1-800-867-8405; option 2 for support). Scheduled calls are a popular option and can sometimes book out several business days with our Insurance Billing Specialist. But if you have some general questions you are looking for a quick answer to we would recommend giving our 1-800 number a ring.

A member of our Customer Happiness team will reach out to you to see how we can assist you further.

Replied 28/07/2020
Kenneth

Reviewed on 25/03/2020

Great Reports - Slow to Nonexistent Customer Service

Pros

I really love the reports, especially the demographic reports (with pie charts even) that I can pull with this EHR. I also love the all-in-one pricing, in that I can have as many therapists as I want - pricing is based on number of clients, not therapists. This EHR is user-friendly, somewhat updated GUI (still lagging behind the times, but not bad), and easy enough to figure out on one's own.

Cons

Cons - truly - there is only one problem I have found in the limited time I have used TheraNest. If you need to contact customer support - good luck. Emails generally take a week or longer to receive a response and I have only spoken 1x to a live person by calling support - and I have called MANY times.

Reasons for Choosing TheraNest

TherapyNotes was fairly expensive for the same features with fewer reports. SimplePractice was just way too expensive and nickel-and-dime every service or feature they offer.

Reasons for Switching to TheraNest

I was really taken with TherapyNotes' reports and smooth operation. I love their pricing by clients rather than by staff. They do charge additional fees for Telehealth/clinician, but it's worth it to have an integrated client portal (with payment and signatures) and demographic reporting.

Response from Therapy Brands

We are glad you are finding the reporting so valuable, Kenneth!

We heard you loud and clear, we've added several additional Support staff members to the TheraNest team to decrease wait times.

Replied 24/07/2020
Maria

Reviewed on 22/08/2019

New Electronic Note Taking and Billing Experience for my Practice

I am solving a time and storage problem through the use of Nest. The more I become comfortable with this software, the more I am able to do with leaving the office and having time for myself. In addition, I no longer pay an outside service for billing and bill almost immediately through the Nest program, understanding the ins and outs of how insurance panels prefer the electronic billing to another means.
In the 6 or so months that I have used nest, I find it a tremendous asset to my business life as a therapist.

Pros

TheraNest continues to revamp and update its software making it more compatible to my needs as a clinician. Once you begin the experience of Nest and take it one step at a time, you realize that you are making progress with virtual notes and storage, billing and even telehealth! At first I was overwhelmed with learning to do everything online (changing from paper and pencil note taking, having an outside billing service to all electronic needs) I have made excellent progress where I am saving both time and money with the Nest Service.
One great aspect of this service is the customer care with live online support and articles to read on areas I may need help. Training is offered on the areas I need the most help and the staff frequently ask how they can make this software product better and more compatible to my needs as a therapist's. A final accolade of Nest is being able to store secure photos of client art work and additional notes and documents. There is a secure client portal too if you choose to use this for intake and other virtual needs.

Cons

As a seasoned professional with little to no electronic note taking experience, my learning curve is not as adept to electronic storage, billing and virtual sessions. So, I find that sometimes the training tapes are too fast and too in-depth for one sitting. Therefore, I need to review them a few times in order to understand what area of Nest to access and what tabs I need to use for processing. Fortunately the support staff are ready to help me in all of my questions.

Response from Therapy Brands

Maria thank you for this very insightful review! Going from paper notes to electronic notes can seem like a daunting task but there is nothing to fear when you have a team of TheraNesters behind you! We are happy to hear that you've been able to cut cost, streamline your practice and get more time back for the things you love!

Replied 30/08/2019

Reviewed on 03/01/2020

TheraNest for Small Group Private Practice

Overall, I have truly valued using theranest for my work. It has been a wonderful system for practice management that I can do virtually everything I need to for my clinical practice. Once you’re familiar with the system, it is so easy to navigate through and complete the work in a timely manner. Although not without its frustrations, Theranest still has room to grow and develop. But I’m happy to wait along for the changes they have made.

Pros

TheraNest offers our practice the ability to effectively manage a caseload from all different sizes, and enables us to maintain confidentiality of patient information even across different users. I love that I don’t have to worry about someone else seeing the notes or appointment dates other than those who should.

TheraNest’s template for progress notes, intakes, and treatment plans are super helpful in keeping me organized and making sure that I do not miss any information that needs to be documented.

Additionally, I appreciate the software’s consistent updates that take into consideration feedback received from users like me. I was especially appreciative of their addition of separate gender identity and pronoun lines in the client details section.

Cons

Learning the software is difficult - wherein we notice a lot of people making errors in setting up appointments or being able to navigate through the site.

We also find that few people use TheraNest the same way across the board, which creates some inconsistencies for us on billing and case management.

Additionally, I have noticed minor fixes that could help to change the overall experience. For example, there’s no option for a user to cancel/change multiple appointments at one time; e.g., when a therapist is going out of town for a week. Also, there is no option to maintain a history of client demographic information, once you update the information (or the client does) it is gone.

Lastly, there are seemingly no options to enter notes or addendums to notes that are signed or attached to a billed invoice. As a clinician, we notice mistakes at times and need to include additional comments like follow-ups with collaborative providers, client homework, etc. that would be best attached to the session note.

Response from Therapy Brands

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review! We appreciate your feedback, and we certainly agree there is always room to grow and improve! It is valuable customer feedback like yours that helps us continue to build upon the wonderful features we offer.

Replied 24/07/2020
Shea
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 24/08/2021

Easy to Use and Affordable-Great for LPC-A or Intern Level Therapists

I only used my trial version for about half of the time before I went ahead and subscribed to the full version. This is by far the best EHR for my needs! I also can't say enough good things about the customer service!

Pros

I tried several different software systems prior to finding Theranest. All the other softwares systems were made for Therapist who had their own practices, or for Practice Groups. I needed a compliant EHR that would allow me to store my client notes, and allow for my supervisor to review and co-sign with ease. I kept running in to EHR's that would charge extra for my supervisor to be added as staff, or would force me to use unnecessary features before I could create my client's progress notes. I also love that Theranest allows for some modifications to help fit my needs better during use. I also love the option to add the Wiley Planner and Progress Notes plan so you can have the Wiley Planner at your fingertips with drop-down boxes. (I have not been able to subscribe yet, but it is a cool option). I also cannot say enough about the customer service. I have received nothing but quick responses, and personalized help when needed. I had the pleasure of working with Allen Chew to help answer my questions via phone and email, so ask for him if you can!

Cons

At first, there was a slight issue with being an admin and a therapist under the same sign-in. I was told I would need two different logins, but I figured it out where I was able to keep my same login. So far I have not come across any issues with doing it that way.
Also, I do come across a lot of boxes/fields that I do not need in my notes or intake documentation that I wish I could delete. I can easily skip these unused boxes, so it's not a big deal.

Katie

Reviewed on 17/05/2021

Long time TheraNest user

I have been a TheraNest customer since 2014 and experienced little to few issues with service until December of 2020 when we began having problems with billing. Our responses/payments from insurance have had to be manually applied since December of 2020 due to a problem on TheraNest's end. As a small but very full time group practice this has created a major issue. I have spoken with TheraNest on the phone and messaged them at least once a week since December to try and troubleshoot this issue. Typically, their customer service team takes at least two weeks to respond. In most cases, it would make the most sense to drop the service, however, our practice in in the midst of two other major workflow changes and changing EHR platforms results in a major delay of payments so I have been hesitant to switch. However, the lack of response from TheraNest and their inability to solve this issue over the last six months is unbelievable. As a long time user, over the growth of my practice into a group, I cannot recommend TheraNest with confidence to any other users at this point and am incredibly disappointed in their lack of customer service and overall organization.

Pros

Interface and ease of start up. Built in billing.

Cons

Billing, recent change, and customer service

TherapyNotes, LLC and SimplePractice

Preferred the interface

Reviewed on 03/06/2018

Love the training and customer service responsiveness, but some key features aren't well...

Pros

Customer service and responsiveness is very impressive. Now that I understand how it all works together, appointment scheduling and notes are very easy to use. I used to love that they have integrated credit card processing, but for the way we run our business it has a serious flaw. They are very open to feedback, and try to be responsive to features being asked for. Since we've signed up with them in January they have added quite a few new features, some of which are really helpful, others that don't apply to the way we happen to run our business.

Cons

Some features only seem half thought out. For example: you can write one group note and have it appli to all members of the group, but in order to sign the note you have to go into each members account. This completely negates the time saved by applying the note to all group members with one key stroke. We are a small clinic and use this as our accounts receivable software also, yet there is no accounts receivable report you can generate. They have something called an "Invoice Aging" report that lists each clients outstanding invoices, but you have to go through and manually add up all the lines to get the total. To me, having an accounts receivable report should be standard. Just give me their name and the total of what they owe us. And now for the biggest con for us: The integrated credit card processing. The structure of our clinic is that each of us earns exactly what our clients pay us (in crude terms, we "eat what we kill"). For this reason when we get a deposit in our bank account we need to be able to easily identify what transactions make up that so we can give the correct therapist credit for it. There is currently no way to get this info. Theranest suggested we look at a list of payments recently made and figure out a combo that add up. This is way too time intensive (we have a bookkeeper we have to pay to do this) and it's prone to error. We're hoping they fix this soon

Response from Therapy Brands

Thank you for your review. You can apply a Progress Note to the entire group which can be customized for each specific client and electronically signed.

We also have a Group Note that is a general note for the group sessions which can be electronically signed.

Replied 18/09/2018
Brandi

Reviewed on 09/05/2023

Ideal platform for my small sole prop therapy practice

TheraNest allows me to securely store client paperwork, including consents and progress notes. The calendar is accessible to my clients in their client portals, which allows for easy scheduling.

Pros

I started my business as a part-time venture while I transitioned from full-time employment with a larger company. I liked being able to pay a lower-tiered amount, depending on the number of clients I had enrolled. As my practice has grown, it has been easy to adjust my subscription to reflect my business' changing needs. The telehealth platform is easy to use. It does not have a whiteboard function, although it does allow for screen sharing. There are times when the platform is unreliable, so I have a backup video platform account to use in these instances.I do not bill insurance, although accepting credit cards and logging cash payments into the system is seamless, with easy to access invoices and superbills.

Cons

The video platform (while it has been recently updated), could use some improvement.

Reasons for Switching to TheraNest

Initial cost during startup.
Shelby

Reviewed on 12/10/2021

A great and affordable EHR

Very positive - it has almost everything SP does, is very user-friendly, has tons of helpful videos, walk-throughs, and articles that help clarify questions I may have regarding using the EHR. It's aesthetically pleasing, too!

Pros

An affordable EHR that does everything you need it to do, and feels more user-friendly than Simple Practice.

Cons

Some things could be improved, such as offering templates for notes, more ways of documenting notes; more flexibility with calendar/scheduling (changing it to a 3-day versus 5-day view, blocking times, etc). I also wish it was easier to create intake forms - the "dynamic forms" page is confusing at first and unfortunately personalizing forms isn't available (e.g., changing fonts, alignment, etc)

TherapyNotes, LLC

Cost

Cost and accessibility
Evan

Reviewed on 16/11/2022

Many new learning experiences

Pros

When I began at my current place of employment, I had worked as a counselor/therapist for over 30 years, but had never worked in a clinical setting. Thus, when I began, I had a great deal to learn about progress notes, assessments, treatment plans, etc. It took me about nine months to get the feel for the paperwork and the software. From that point, I have felt comfortable with navigating the software. The articles in the help section were useful and answered most of my questions. One of the early lessons I learned was never to leave a page on which I had entered information without saving it. Overall, it was fairly easy for me to learn, given that it was my first experience with any kind of software designed for the mental health field. I should also mention that I use TheraNest as a therapist; there is another staff member to work with the business/financial side of it.

Cons

As with any technology, when a problem occurs which prevents one from doing the necessary work, it is very frustrating. In the nearly four years that I have used TheraNest, those kinds of problems have not occurred very frequently. When they have occurred, the TheraNest tech team has had them resolved in a reasonable amount of time.

Christy
Christy

Reviewed on 06/12/2018

Excellent practice management software for my solo practice.

Pros

I find the company is always growing, looking for ways to improve based on clinician feedback. Two changes/improvements have been made that I've requested (along with others) and they've made many many other improvements that hadn't necessarily occurred to me but that have increased efficiency or streamlining. The customer service is excellent. I used to spend hours doing my billing, and before that paid a human being by the hour to do it for me, and now it's literally a few clicks. I have very busy solo practice (30-35 patient hours per week) and I am 100% on top of my Intakes, notes, billing and incoming payments.

Cons

It has definitely steadily crept up in cost since I started using it in 2014, but I've compared it to other platforms and it's comparable or less for what you get. There are many features that I don't need at all in a solo practice, but again, this is probably true in other platforms (this, I'm not positive about) and anyway, I don't feel like I'm paying for a bunch of stuff I don't need.

Response from Therapy Brands

Thank you so much for your kind words, Christy. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us! We count ourselves lucky for loyal customers like you.

Replied 19/12/2018
Chanel

Reviewed on 21/07/2017

I have been using Theranest for the past 3 years and I am still being impressed by their...

I aids my practice in running efficiently in all areas.

Pros

The user friendly software, color scheme, and efficiency is what I like most. I recommend it to my clients and I have not gotten one complaint about your EHR. It is great for the administrative staff, clients (Therabook), and the therapist. I love that their staff make me feel like we are one big happy family working together. My questions are answered in a timely manner and they are answered effectively. The same day I might add. Theranest is the best choice for a mental health private practice.

Cons

I honestly do not have a CON. I guess since I have to submit 100 characters as a min. I will say.... I setup many account for different mental health professionals and I have to use a different email every time. That can be a pain, because I do business with my company email.

Response from Therapy Brands

Hi Chanel! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for such a glowing review! You're a fantastic customer. You're always friendly, fun, patient and provide excellent feedback that helps us continuously improve in all areas. It's a pleasure when we hear from you. :) We wouldn't be where we are without customers like you. We're delighted and grateful to have you in our TheraNest family. We appreciate you! Sincerely, Your TheraNest Team

Replied 20/09/2017
Stacy

Reviewed on 09/05/2017

TheraNest offers everything I need to keep my practice organized and paper-free!

Pros

TheraNest is one-stop shopping! For an affordable monthly cost, I get everything I need to keep my practice running smoothly - I can schedule patients, send them forms ahead of their appointment via the Client Portal, submit my insurance claims in two simple clicks, and keep track of my income by running monthly reports. I also like being able to write assessments and progress notes in my own style using the customs forms feature. Can't forget about customer support; TheraNest is great over the phone, and they certainly listen to customer requests by continuously adding new features each month. For someone looking for a paperless and organized practice, TheraNest is a must!

Cons

TheraNest can be a touch confusing when initially navigating its features. However, after repeated practice, I now find it so simple and easy to use. I wish the Client Portal/Custom Forms could be advanced so that we can change the font size and have control over bolding/italicizing/underlining certain headings and words.

Response from Therapy Brands

Hi Stacy,
Wow, thanks so much for these kind words, this is a great encouragement for our team and we're overjoyed to hear that you're still loving the software. We greatly appreciate your loyalty and your feedback regarding a more customizable format. I'll be sure to pass that along and again, thanks so much. Sincerely, the TheraNest team.

Replied 18/05/2017
Nathan

Reviewed on 20/09/2017

Hidden fees and not intuitive

Nothing I didn't already get from other EHR's. Nothing special.

Pros

It looks great, the implementation of Wiley planner is fantastic, and it gets the job done. The color scheme is nice (it looks pretty)

Cons

Extra fees for: wiley planner, customer portal, reminders, adding staff (pay once to add them, then to give access to wiley, then to give access to client portal!), more than 30 clients, etc! Plus, there is a 10 mb limit on uploading docs to client files. The editor for the intake paperwork is atrocious (let me upload a PDF!). The credit card payments take MONTHS to post in your account. No direct notifications when a client messages you! Unable to edit "non patient appointments" on the mobile app! Several buttons within forms direct you away from a page WITHOUT SAVING PREVIOUS INFORMATION! I've worked with other EHR's in the past and this one is not the worst, but the fees leave a bad taste in my mouth. There are other EHR's that just offer a flat rate and do ALL of these functions. I will be switching at the end of the year.

Response from Therapy Brands

Hi Nathan, Thank you for taking time to provide us a review. We truly appreciate your feedback.
We're looking at how we can improve in all areas you reported on. Many of them we already have on the roadmap for enhancement. In regards to your comment about credit card processing funds taking months to deposit, we did some research and it looks like you've had a total of two transactions on 9/13 that were disbursed to your bank account on 9/14. We've followed up via private email to investigate this further with you. Sincerely, Your TheraNest Team

Replied 17/11/2017
D Jan

Reviewed on 18/12/2020

Theranest problems

I am reaching out on this public platform because theranest doesn't acknowledge or understand the problems we are having.

Theranest needs to buy more ability to hold data and hire more staff for customer service.

Pros

I like the layout, calendar (except for the problems with it) and forms and ability to create forms.

Cons

Customer service issues are answered within 3-10 days and by chat. If you want to talk to someone you can make an appointment for a week later and then you get 15 minutes. This way, theranest customer service makes suggestions for what's not working. Then after we use theranest's suggestions and they don't work, we must wait another 3-10 days for help.

Also, twice theranest has deleted all of our providers appointments without any explanation or any way to speak to anyone at theranest. These appointments were deleted for 3-5 days.

Other times, notes are deleted even though the system says saved.

Theranest has to be refreshed 3 or 4 times every time it is used.

Appointments disappear from the calendar and we don't know why, but there's no one to talk to so we just reenter the client.