About Kickserv

Kickserv is a cloud-based field service management solution that provides small businesses, tools and functionalities, which help them to manage leads, estimates, team's schedules, jobs, invoices and payments. Kickserv can be...

Browse Kickserv Reviews

Josh B. Josh B.

Reviewed on 16/02/2017

Lack of response to concerns. Converted us to new platform a day early while open.

Our experience with this software was average until the migration from SSK to Kickserv.

1) Our migration was scheduled for the evening of 2/2/17 but instead was run during the morning.
2) This resulted in us not being able to access our entire database for the entire workday. We lost customers and business as a result.
3) The only response we have gotten from Kickserv is "Sorry about the confusion".
4) Responses to issues about the new platform are not helpful and delayed.
5) Cannot upload certain file-types as attachments (Old SSK allowed anything)
6) Editing estimates does not work correctly
7) There are problems with payment capturing in Kickserv. Kickserv seems to ignore some line items.
8) When asked how to permanently complete tasks for re-occurring jobs, the only response I got was "Let me see if I can explain how to do this one".
9) None of our questions or issues have been resolved.

Pros

drag and drop capabilities

Cons

Since switching over to the new platform, there are issues with billing and attaching. Customer support is not helpful

Response from Kickserv

The experience you had with the migration of your account was very unfortunate. Having your system not available during your working hours is a serious issue and we apologize for that error. We did work with your co-worker on the phone to handle the major issue which was mainly getting the sync working successfully again. To acknowledge some of your comments here we currently don't restrict file types. I have requested for your company to send us any file types that seem to not upload. Also, with the issues of editing estimates and capturing certain line items we are not aware of any issues and appreciate any specific feedback on these issues through the normal lines of support at any time. We will clarify with you on what occurred exactly with your earlier question via our support lines of how to complete tasks for re-occurring jobs.
We very much appreciate your loyalty with us and hope we can make up for the disruption to your business as we move forward.

Replied 05/03/2017
Beverly F. Beverly F.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Reviewed on 24/11/2021

Great product and service

The biggest benefit is time saved. We run a small, family locksmith business. My husband and son are out on the road and I'm in the office. We've expanded into a home watch business as well. Kickserv is very efficient and cut my labor time by at least a third. Plus, the techs out on the road can pull it up on their phones and don't have to call in to ask questions about jobs.

Pros

Ease of use. We looked at several options and Kickserv has the best quality for the price. We use the product differently than intended. The color coding intended for services we use for our technicians. I look at the calendar and I can see where each one is by the color. We do use some colors for services such as active jobs or jobs on hold. Kickserv integrates smoothly with QuickBooks online which saves a lot of time and work. We do our invoicing in Kickserv and it syncs with QB immediately.

Cons

I can't think of anything right now that I'd change.

Jodi G. Jodi G.

Reviewed on 09/12/2015

Kickserv is a still

Pros

The product is simple to use and meets my customer service and scheduling needs for the price of the cloud software but also allows me to customize things without major programming or fees to get somebody else to do it. I paid for the Boot Camp training and was very worth it just to get things setup and understand the software. It sync's reliably with QuickBooks which has been a problem in the past for our company with other cloud based Customer Service Programs. The vendor has been GREAT! They feel like my team as they always respond within minutes to hours of my questions or problems I do run in to. I just send them a quick email and they help. Also they are always interested in my recommendations and are also getting feed back frequently from me and making improvements to the software. One thing that is great is that they provide a portal to the customer so any changes I make to an estimate or schedule or notes can be seen by the customer (they only see notes you want them to see). They can be abreast with what is going on with their work order. They also can pay for their invoice right online as well which I love so my customers have more control over their payment needs. Also our Kickserv is linked to our website so anytime a customer wants to contact us it creates an OPPORTUNITY in Kickserv for us to follow up on and notifies us via email that we have an interest. I would and have recommended Kickserv to other businesses.

Cons

This product does not handle the purchasing side of things which I would love to see. It sounds like they are looking into expanding this software to handle tracking purchases. Right now I just use QuickBooks for this. I also don't like the HTML language which is required for the setup of the invoice, estimates and work orders templates. It is hard to work with being I am not a programmer. I have managed to figure things out on my own with their help site and calling them. Its not a major issue but something I think they can improve on more. Again the Kickserv Team has been very helpful in anything I try to do or questions I have.

Top Kickserv Alternatives

Sandy S. Sandy S.
  • Industry: Public Safety

Reviewed on 24/06/2019

Superior Elevator Inspections - We Love Kickserv!

We have many customers that have many conveyances that we have to inspect per State requirements. Each has a different State Identification Number to record and track which we use in scheduling. We have to do much coordination between elevator contractors (Otis, Schindler, Kone, etc.), our customer building owners, and our inspectors. It's not always easy but Kickserv makes things much more manageable. Prior to Kickserv, spreadsheets, Word calendars and white boards were used...it was like the Dark Ages. :)

Pros

It's so easy to use and functions well for most of our needs. I LOVE the Special Instructions section and the clarity it provides in the Overview tab. Tags are also very helpful for our needs. The Resource calendar is fantastic too. Sometimes updates made in QB don't seem to come over to Kickserv in a timely manner but I think they usually do eventually. Overall, Kickserv has been a game-changer for us and I'm grateful every day for it's availability.

Cons

On my wish list is a feature that will allow me to duplicate contact information of one customer and paste it into that of another. We deal with many management companies who manage several of our customers and I have to re-type their contact info into each shared customer that we have. Reports are a little cumbersome to create but I did work in Salesforce.com many years ago and found that to be the case with them too.

Response from Kickserv

Hi Sandy,

SUPER review! You have been a very loyal customer for over 3 years! Thank you. We do thrive on feedback from our customers like you. Your viewpoints were insightful, and I believe they will help others.

Replied 28/06/2019
Chelsea v V. Chelsea v V.

Reviewed on 26/11/2017

Kickserv has been a valuable addition to our business. It helped our company become more...

Pros

The calendar and resource views and functionalities are the best features of Kickserv. We have 7 vehicles on the road and we need to know where they are and how each job went. Kickserv allows us to communicate in a cloud based system that all of our techs can access in real-time. When a change is made to the calendar, all office staff can see it. Technicians can leave job notes before they leave the job site, and customers can pay online after they are invoiced by email.
The newer look of KickServ was a real step up from the original Service Sidekick. It has grown with us and continues to get better everyday. It has really begun to feel like we have a real business and we are happy with the way KickServ has grown into theirs as well.

Cons

The technicians cannot see the description of charges in the itemized list of charges while using the mobile app on their phones.
Some issues with recurring jobs - I have found that most of the issues get resolved as soon as we mention them to the KickServ customer service team. If there is an answer, the team is willing to try and find it.
When KickServ lags or goes down it slows our company down to a crawl. It was worse before, and only keeps getting better.

Stephen W. Stephen W.
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 22/06/2017

Not the worst Ive used

It has helped me keep track of customers but painfully so. The only reason I have not switched is because I do not have the time to learn a new program. If all of my complaints are resolved before I have the time to implement a new program I will stay; however, service has yet to make me someone who will recommend people or be loyal to this program.

Pros

I like the price point, I like that there is relatively little down time. And I like some of the features the software has

Cons

There are several complaints that I have had from day one. First the reporting is terrible, building a report is often a trial and error endeavor. Even after successfully building a report there are time that it just breaks. Seeing the "Ah, Nuts we'll ninja the heck out of that error" leaves me with nightmares. There are simple reports that should come standard that every business should use. Other than the reports, I find that the software was built to fit many businesses which make sense; however, it makes it harder for my specific business to work with a higher functionality. I cant attach cars to work orders instead I have to print it out and highlight it for my guys. There are other issues like this.

Jessica C. Jessica C.

Reviewed on 17/05/2018

Our experience with the software is good overall.

We can keep track of all the customers/estimates/invoices.

Pros

The software is easy to use. It tells you whether a customer saw or not the invoice/estimate. It allows you to see unpaid invoices.

Cons

-quick book sync doesn't work right, it makes duplicates of all the customers.
-you can not enter different job locations for the same customer, a new customer needs to be created every time there is a new job location

Response from Kickserv

Hello Jessica,
Thank you for all the stars and confidence you put into using Kickserv for your business.

Creating a new service location for a property manager should be easy. Once you have the main property company in your database, it will just a matter of pressing the "new contact" button, filling in the new service address, and checking the box to associate it with the parent company.

I'll reach out to you via our in-app chat to assist you with this feature and help with the customer-flow-line.

Mary S. Mary S.

Reviewed on 29/06/2017

We have been using this software for years- before it was "Kickserv" and truly love it.

Organization, Peace of Mind, Customization, Reports, Syncing Capabilities, Follow-Up Reminders

Pros

We like the syncing capabilities, customization options, reports, and task/reminder functions. This app was truly created with the intention of giving you peace of mind that you've never forgotten something. It makes us feel truly organized and gives us the ability to keep our processes working smoothly.

Cons

When Service Sidekick got switched over to the new platform, Kickserv, we were excited for the new features, but the downtime and constant account issues have been frustrating. Support is sometimes difficult to get ahold of, as well. That being said, the incident report updates that we signed up for, have been great during these circumstances and Pete is always very helpful when he's providing support.

Andrew G. Andrew G.

Reviewed on 26/06/2017

The old system service psychic was very useful and user-friendly. The new software is terrible.

During the service sidekick years, many. During the kick serve years nearly 0 other than scheduling.

Pros

The calendar is the biggest strength of this program. I like being able to use colors for different types of jobs. Also when you move something on the calendar it automatically updates. Our new software does not do that and I miss it. Service psychic used to be very easy to add people into the system and get them scheduled. Kick serve was not. The quick add was a great function when we were at tradeshows or when you're on the phone with a customer.

Cons

The reporting is near worthless. None of the reports are ever accurate, and trying to get someone to help you make them accurate was like banging your head against a wall. The system was incredibly unreliable It is constantly going down. For a web-based system, businesses rely on its functionality during business hours. We had many days of inability to use the system. They're always seem to be some reason why it crashed. The system was much much better when it was service sidekick. We had to build a salesforce software system because it was so dysfunctional. The customer service was also incredibly bad.

Response from Kickserv

We migrated hundreds of our original customers from our legacy system to Kickserv starting in April 2017 through May 2017. We inherited some issues that we certainly should have anticipated or planned for. We did find a couple processing issues bringing on all those older accounts so quickly. We have since cleared those problems and added many more resources to handle much more growth.
We sincerely apologize to all our loyal customers for enduring those weeks of processing delays.

Replied 17/07/2017
Sharon L. Sharon L.

Easy to learn and use

Pros

It's simplicity and easy to use. Allows you to keep a lot of information for each customer. Especially like be able to search for a contact not only by name but also by house address or phone number.

Cons

Whenever you want to eliminate tags of one sort or another the software will eliminate those tags in existing completed jobs. Why can't the old tags stay in place when we no longer have use for them and want to change or eliminate?

Response from Kickserv

Hello Sharon,
We are happy that Kickserv is assisting your business be more successful.
We do have on the workbench some ideas to make the tagging feature more useful such as creating an active vs inactive element to tags.
Thank you for your feedback.

Jason F. Jason F.

Reviewed on 29/06/2017

Pretty Pleasant

Pros

Keeps all of my office and field workers on the same page. Love that it can also sync to my QB Desktop software.

Cons

Can't edit invoices on Kickserv after they are synced with QB. A lot of steps to email the estimate after it's prepared. Downtime during the day when I'm trying to pull opportunities up and provide customers with a quote. Can't easily view line items on invoices on the Android Mobile app. Support takes a day to get a hold of you sometimes. I also don't like that the IP of the customer is not included when they sign an invoice, as my lawyer advises it may not hold up in court for the signed contract without it. I also wish I could integrate payments with my Authorize.net account. pany sets) for credit card use.

Kelly M. Kelly M.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 11/04/2017

Plagued with technical issues

I've been using Kickserv for my business for the last month and a half and it has been a nightmare. I was told directly by one of the founders that the programming is old. The customer service is AWFUL. It takes days to get answers back from support. The time on our jobs keeps changing depending on what brower we are using. Information doesn't save when you update. The way that information and control panels are set up are very confusing and obviously outdated. When two days worth of jobs come through to my employees by email, the date is SO TINY compared to the job title that you can barely tell that it's two different days of scheduling AND the times are moved around back or forward by 3 hours!! It took fumbling around with several settings before I could hide pricing from my employees after I had clearly turned off pricing for each employee. That took several days to get a solution from customer support. Now, I'm trying to fix an issue with my quickbooks and sync the old invoices with a new quickbooks account and OMG we can't do that and we have to hand recreate EVERYTHING. What a waste of time and money.

Pros

I like that on the app you can see the entire schedule easily as an administrator

Cons

All the technical issues and awful customer support who not only take 2-4 days to get back to you but provide not helpful responses and then wait two more days to respond back to you.

Response from Kickserv

The customer is correct. Her timing could not have been worse. It is very regrettable that this happened. We are very sorry for the frustrations and downtime. We were just completing our migration of hundreds of our long time and many original customers from our legacy system to our new platform and with it brought unforeseen issues.
We have since corrected all those inherited problems. We have quadrupled our memory. Reconfigured the search feature, gave custom reports a boost in processing power, and last but not least gave our Quickbooks sync its own set of processors too. All this enhanced our computing resources and brought us back to delivering 99.99% uptime and very good refresh speeds. We take our customers' data and our performance very seriously and will continue to look for ways to stay ahead.

Replied 07/06/2017
Darren L. Darren L.
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Reviewed on 17/05/2018

Good cloud service that our business can't live without it

sync to quickbooks online

Pros

calendar scheduling, sync quickbooks online, customer database, being able to see on the smartphone, being able to have iCalendar to add to the phone's calendar

Cons

the item can't move up and down, for example, when you are doing the invoice, if you want to put a new item, you have to remove all other iteam and start all over

Response from Kickserv

Hello Darren,
You have a been a very loyal customer for almost 8 years! Thank you.

Good news! The feature to organize your invoice or estimate's list of charges is at the top of our list. I should not be to long.

Replied 24/06/2018
Chris W. Chris W.

Reviewed on 16/05/2018

Very helpful scheduling service

Pros

How easy it is to use and you can update on the road via the app. Nice being able to save pictures to jobs that need to be done or for future reference

Cons

Sometimes the app stops on my phone and has to be restarted. You cannot update customer information while using the app

Response from Kickserv

Hello Chris,
We very much thrive on good feedback back good reviews. Thank you.

The mobile app does allow you to update your contacts information. Please let us know with a support ticket if you have any issues using our service.

Terrena T. Terrena T.

Reviewed on 24/06/2019

Absolutely the best communication tool

Pros

THis application allows me to keep track of pretty much everything in the office. I absolutely love it!

Cons

I would love to be able to add tasks without having to install another app like Asana.

Response from Kickserv

Hi Terrena,
Your company has been a very loyal customer for close to 3 years now! Thank you. We appreciate all the stars and confidence you put into using Kickserv for your business.

Replied 01/07/2019
Jackie K. Jackie K.

Reviewed on 22/06/2017

Enjoy your service and recommend you frequently

Information on customers and jobs that my accounting software doesn't have fields for.

Pros

Its versatility. It does a lot of features and the cost is very affordable. It has become usable with a tablet in the field which we hope to use, once we get all of these kinks worked out from upgrading.

Cons

I have enjoyed the app, but support , in my opinion is not timely.
The flow is very difficult.
Needs a contact block for when a business is the customer.

Richard T. Richard T.

Reviewed on 14/05/2018

Excellent product

Pros

I love the interface. Everything is user friendly and easy for everyone. The support is second to none. Any time I have a questions, someone is there to provide an answer in WELL under 24 hours

Cons

I am not the biggest fan of the app. The app on android is a bit buggy. I haven't had any major issues though.

Response from Kickserv

Hello Richard,
Thank you for the terrific feedback. We have been doing field service work for well over 30 years now.
We would really appreciate specific feedback on our Android app from you. The next time you are in the app email [email protected] or just give a ring at 1-800-530-3156 x2

Replied 08/07/2018
Justin W. Justin W.

Reviewed on 14/01/2020

Solid support team

Extremely pleased.

Pros

Improvements they are making ongoing. Customer support.

Cons

They are improving on some of the reports currently.

Response from Kickserv

Justin - this is the response we work so diligently each day for. We are very glad that Kickserv is working for you. There is more to come from the Product and Dev team this quarter and the year. 2020 is going to be a great year for Kickserv customers.

Replied 15/01/2020
Lora C. Lora C.

Reviewed on 28/06/2017

Great scheduling tool and easy to use

We can see where our technicians are and can keep extensive notes on a project for future visits.

Pros

Easy to use and can plan the day the week or the year out with this software. Can easily email an invoice to a customer and get paid online by the customer.

Cons

The speed of the software is sometimes slow. Also there are outages that interupt our work day. Would like it to interface with Quickbooks better.

Laurie B. Laurie B.

Reviewed on 24/06/2019

I am very happy with Kickserv. We have looked into others but stay because we can find nothing better!

Pros

It is very easy to use. Out technicians find the app very easy as well.

Cons

Support takes a white to get back to me sometimes

Response from Kickserv

Hi Laurie,
Thank you for being a very loyal customer for over 4 years! We appreciate all the stars and confidence you put into using Kickserv for your business.

Replied 26/06/2019
Sal M. Sal M.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Reviewed on 05/07/2019

I wish we used Kickserv for everything

I am completely satisfied with using Kickserv. It is simple to use and intuitive. Unfortunately my company has us using other software in addition to this one because the rest of the team is on different systems.

Pros

Ease of use. Anyone can jump right on and figure out how to use it without extensive training.

Cons

It will let you get out of a screen without assigning a job to a Tech.

Response from Kickserv

Thank you for giving us a top-notch review! We would be honored to have your recommendation to your friends and family who are looking for Field Service Management Software in the future.

Replied 05/08/2019
Yvonne G. Yvonne G.
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Great Customer Service

Great to use. Easy to use. Terrific support.

Pros

The software has multiple facets that work great if you have a service business like mine. The integration with Quickbooks
Online is seamless.

Cons

Wish there was a bit more customization features to create reports that I could use. I would like a testimonial link as well

Jarrad G. Jarrad G.

Reviewed on 15/05/2018

Very happy with the product, I have tried many other products & I feel you have the right...

Pros

It works the way it's meant to, I know I can rely on it to alert me when jobs are due. Very happy with the product.

Cons

I can't use Opportunities in my business, it doesn't work inline with my business. So unfortunately this is a section of the software that doesn't' work for me,

Response from Kickserv

Hello Jarrad,
Great feedback. Your one year anniversary is this month(July) - cheers!
And yes, Stacy and I did discuss in depth your unique invoice & opportunity needs there in Australia.

Replied 08/07/2018
Gerald A. Gerald A.

Reviewed on 10/05/2018

Great easy App and Software Program

Job frequency is automated

Pros

Easy to use. Price. Very modern looking. Customer service. Can set up jobs daily, weekly, monthly etc.

Cons

On the app you can't scrow down after 1-2pm jobs. Sometimes you delete one job and somehow it will delete your entire job history.

Sage S. Sage S.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Horible

we are getting better at troubleshooting problems created by the software.

Pros

when it works it's exactly what we need. it seems i need 100 characters to submit this form. unfortuantely I can't seem to find 100 nice words to say about your service.

Cons

there are way too many glitches for the price tag & support is never anywhere to be found. In the time it took for your tech support to get back to us we have already found another field management software and are taking the steps to transfer over. unfortunately, we are running a business and don't have the time to waste while ksa gets their act together. we would expect this of a beta test, not a paid service.

Response from Kickserv

The "glitches" or downtime he is correct. They were to numerous during our migration of customers from legacy to our new Kickserv platform in April 2017. We have since corrected all those issues inherited from that one time event.

We apologize very much so that we did not anticipate those issues better.

Replied 17/07/2017