GoCanvas Reviews

About GoCanvas

GoCanvas is a cloud-based mobile business management system suitable for field service companies, including electrical, HVAC, pest control and plumbing. The solution is designed to work on any smartphone or tablet and can also be...

4.1

Browse GoCanvas Reviews

Matthew
Matthew
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 07/08/2018

Great product for improving office and field work efficiency

They have a great and supportive team which is always willing to help.

Pros

The ease of use from an admin and user perspective. Offline functionality is essential for us and GoCanvas delivers.

Cons

GoCanvas lacks some of the features that other products have. Features they have that other products do not (the dispatch calendar for example) are not built out well enough to be useful for our business. The essential features are there, but I eagerly await the addition of extra functionality as we constantly run into issues of, 'Wouldn't it be great of GoCanvas did this?!' Again, what GoCanvas lacks in features they make up for in droves on the user interface and ease of use. This has made company-wide implementation a relatively easy proccess.

Michelle
Michelle

Reviewed on 26/12/2018

GoCanvas - who knew replacing forms with apps would be so easy

Our ability to capture, retain, analyze and share information quickly and clearly is better than it ever was with paper forms. From the start the help in setting up the programs and initial training made a very scary and intimidating process a breeze. I never have to go looking for paperwork only to find it incomplete and illegible. I have rarely been as satisfied with a software as I have been with this.

Pros

Extremely easy to build and use apps even for "non-tech" people.
Powerful system allows you to build complex routing with ease
PDF designer allows you to capture information you need for client while retaining all information you might need in the app for export and evaluation.
They are always looking for ways to simplify and improve the program.
They communicate changes well and consistently
I don't have to read chicken scratch from techs anymore

Cons

Tech support to solve problems is not very deep or responsive.

Brett
Brett

Reviewed on 14/06/2022

Liars and Thieves

First, do not trust their customer service response time. They say 24 hours. Reality is 3-6 days. When they reply, expect emails of half answers. If you email them back, plan to wait 24-72 hours to get a response to that email. One thing to their credit is that they did admit that their salespeople lie. That takes some bravery. After they admitted they lied to get our business, they told me they would switch us to another product they owned that actually does what we were promised. All we had to do was give them $8000....

Pros

It is easy to use and intuitive. Form building is fast.

Cons

How could a data collection service exist but not allow people to reasonably access and use the data? This app should be free. It really is that limited. For example, if you use this app to make a form that estimates you counted 100 items and later discovered it was 102 items, on a VERY limited basis, you can go back and change from 100 to 102. But, if you actually used that base number for another calculation, don't think GoCanvas will recalculate after you changed the number. You have to do all of your own recalculations, It is ridiculous. Worse, the salespeople will promise anything. We trusted them, spent over 100 hours building the app and then found out we were lied to.

TrueContext

Reasons for Switching to GoCanvas

Because we believed their lies.

Top GoCanvas Alternatives

• Industry: Warehousing

Reviewed on 22/09/2023

Go Canvas Review

Always a good experience, easy to use.

Pros

Ease of using the system, anyone on shift has no issue following direction and completing the reports.

Cons

Sometimes slow to get into, but that is not the Canvas system causing this issue.

Danielle
Danielle

Reviewed on 29/03/2018

The future of data capture for businesses!

This platform is helping us streamline our business by speeding up the data and information flow between the field and our office.

Pros

Our favorite things about GoCanvas are that it's easy to set up on the backend (meaning you don't need formal IT training), it's easy for our employees to fill in the forms on their phones, and their customer support is GREAT! They are always very quick to respond to questions or comments.

Cons

I honestly don't have anything bad to say about the platform. We've had nothing but great experiences all around.

Trevor
Trevor

Reviewed on 24/11/2021

GoCanvas - Business Digitisation

Pros

Creating a live interaction with customers as well as maintaining WHS obligations.

Cons

You do have to put a lot of effort into the set up process to maximise the return from GoCanvas but the implementation team are exceptional during this phase.

Lori
Lori
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Reviewed on 28/08/2018

Great product!

Implementing GoCanvas mobile forms has made an enormous improvement in getting pertinent information from job sites to our Project Managers in house. Paper forms completed in the field were not submitted timely and when submitted were often illegible. Now, we receive them daily in perfect form. Project Managers are now able to really manage what is happening in the field which has reduced downtime, unnecessary overtime, and makes month end pay request processing much easier, which translates to more timely payments to contractors and our firm!

Pros

GoCanvas apps are amazingly easy to create. With just a little instruction or even by watching a few tutorials, most any level user will be able to create apps tailored to your specific needs.

Cons

For our particular business, we need the ability to scan and attach documents, not just photos. We have to use a workaround for this and wish the software could handle PDFs in addition to photos. But that's very specific to our needs; overall, there isn't much to dislike!

Scott
Scott

Reviewed on 15/03/2018

The response to the issue was very fast

Quick forms that can be deployed to users with the ability to analyze the input in Excel

Pros

The ease in which a form can be created and deployed to users. I also like the ability to export the data in order to perform analysis.

Cons

Unable to attach additional files to the form. There are reports that are not static that I would like to be able to have saved and added to the form prior to submission

Kate
Kate

Reviewed on 13/05/2019

Well worth the wait

Building the Customer PDF took 6 months. It was very complicated, and that plus the geographical distance between US/UK meant that this took longer than expected. The result is very good however, and was worth the wait.

Pros

The apps were very easy to set up, in most cases we went live with the apps the same day. The builder is very intuitive and flexible.

Cons

The apps was very easy - no complaints. The custom PDFs are difficult if you need to do handovers etc.

Tommy
Tommy

Reviewed on 19/06/2018

GoCanvas is fantastic. We use this system in our service company and it has saved a lot of...

Saves the company time and the presentation to the customer has helped our close rates greatly.

Pros

The customer support is wonderful as well as the ease of use. It also integrates with a lot of other programs on the market.

Cons

No cons at this point. The implementation was very easy and the support has been first class. This software is a wonderful to have and makes doing business much easier.

Randy
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Reviewed on 01/06/2021

Tablet to Old

I have used GoCanvas for about 8 years. I use it for in house inspections in the Exploration and Production of Natural gas. This meets the requirements of State tracking and OSHA tracking.

Pros

GoCanvas is a software that the user has most of the control over. You can create and customize your documents to fit your needs.

Cons

The first time use of any feature can be tricky. The pro to this con is there is always technical support. I used to like technical support better when you could pickup the phone and call rather that submitting the ticket and waiting for responses.

Anthony
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Reviewed on 16/09/2019

Good Work!

We record inspections, audits, training.

Pros

Ease of using the apps
ease of building the apps
Mobile function is excellent

Cons

I am unable to get any badges, banners, or sound notifications on my iphone.

Trello

Reasons for Switching to GoCanvas

Ease of access and reportability.
Cody
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Reviewed on 04/09/2019

Great software, terrible licensing structure.

Pros

Almost everything; creating an app is easier than falling off a log, and even our users are capable of filling them out.

Cons

The licensing structure is awful. Not being able to add users without totally resetting your license renewal is easily the worst licensing system imaginable. I have tried to think of a worse one, but never could. As much as I love the service overall, I have to constantly fight my managers to continue justifying the cost, and am constantly tasked to find a replacement to save money which is a huge strain on my time. Admittedly this is partially poor management, but the licensing structure does not help matters.

Willy
  • Industry: Government Administration
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 29/08/2019

Impressive integration

We have used this program for many option such as work orders when we did not have any at the time of using this software. Used electronic forms to track time for employee to build justification, and moved our variety of inspections to canvas to make it easy for submitters.

Pros

- Simplicity to create your own forms
- Customization open to get the best forms possible

Cons

- cannot remember as some items have been fixed with each update to serve our need

Ryan

Reviewed on 28/07/2014

Retail Application for Greenhouse Growers

We are a live plant grower for "Big Box' retailers, and in some cases we own the product until the product scans through the register. We are responsible monitoring and maintaining the inventory in the garden centers, and a missed sale opportunity in the store means a missed sale for the greenhouse. It is very important that we have a true understanding of what our saleable inventory is in each store at any given time.
As part of this process, we employ merchandisers who will display and care for the product while it is at the retail location, and will throw away any product that is unsaleable. To maintain an accurate inventory, we need to know the variety of plant and the quantities that were thrown away.
Historically this process was done by filling out a paper form and then faxing it back to the greenhouse. Office personell would then take the faxes and then hand enter the data into our enterprise system which kept track of store inventory - a very time consuming ordeal.
We worked with Go Canvas to design an app that would allow our merchandisers to capture that data using their smart phones and submit the information instantly. The back end software takes that data and consolidates it so we ccan download it into one Excel file. That file is uploaded into our enterprise system and all store inventories are updated simultaneously.
While the app does save us money by spending less time hand entering updates, the real benefit is having a more accurate view of our inventory which enables us to capture every sales dollar.
Overall, we have been very satisfied with the service and the customer service has been great. I explained what I needed to my rep and they built the app to my specifications, and any time we needed to tweak things, they were more than happy to comply.

Liz
  • Industry: Food Production

Reviewed on 24/10/2018

Good for data collection but very limited reporting

Pros

I appreciate the ease of creating web forms to collect data along with the signature function. User adoption of the software is painless.

Cons

Unless you love reading through many rows of data, the reporting functionality is probably not for you. I use zapier to automate the export of my data into google sheets so that I can easily run reports. GoCanvas is costly considering it is basically a data collection tool without the ability to do even the most rudimentary analysis.

Tom

Reviewed on 28/08/2019

Use it Everyday

Been very good overall. I have recommended it to some of our fellow dealers.

Pros

You customize your form very easy from the dashboard. We are presently using 12 apps that we designed. A team of 10 people are suing them everyday. No real issues, things can be changed on the fly if need be.

Cons

Nothing really. It took a little time to lean the app building. The learning curve was not very steep at all.

Steve
Steve

Reviewed on 06/12/2017

Canvas has made my job and my teams job a lot easier. Also customer support is top notch.

Got rid of a manual paper process.

Pros

Ease of use and anytime I need the help your just a phone call away with someone always willing to help.

Cons

My only complaint about the software is every time I make a change to an app it creates a new version therefore when I have to do a download of a project that has already been running for a year I have to make sure I am downloading the data from every version.

PAUL
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 06/08/2020

Poor communication - bad customer service: Stay away!

GoCanvas have continued to bill our credit card despite repeated instructions to close our account. Customer service seems non-existent despite numerous emails and submission requests over the past month.

I am bitterly disappointed with GoCanvas and would strongly advise anyone considering using this organisation to evaluate alternative service providers first.

Pros

At the time, we considered GoCanvas to provide value for money. We have since re-evaluated this decision and now deeply regret involving ourselves with GoCanvas.

Cons

Billing and exceptionally bad customer service.

Jorge
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Reviewed on 14/12/2017

Canvas completely change they we were producing and storing service report for my business.

Service reports looks more professional.
Save time & storage to us and our clients.

Pros

That it adapted to my business and not the other way around.
That it is cost effective.
Last but not least, that 99% of my clients love it.

Cons

So far so good! Like every new software, you go to a period of try and error, however canvas support was there all the way step by step.

Erica

Reviewed on 27/02/2023

Formerly FESCO, now CINTAS

Good remarks from our technicians.

Pros

I personally don't use the software, I just listen to the remarks made by our technicians.

Trista
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Reviewed on 14/08/2017

GoCanvas has helped streamline our delivery process now that we can verify our deliveries...

Pros

I can modify the app to do just about anything I need it to do for our company. We can verify who made the deliveries, who signs for the deliveries, where the deliveries occurred via gps, what items were delivered, and more. We aren't in the dark ages anymore, we can now lookup these items at any time via the online website vs looking through old folders of information!

Cons

Some of the operations can seem clunky and a little less intuitive. Once you learn them, it isn't hard to master, but it may not work the way you would originally think.

Robert

Reviewed on 25/08/2015

Huge fan of this company ! Great customer service response time !

I wanted this software when my previous million dollar employer didn't care to be open to innovation. They didn't care to hear about an environmentally friendly supply usage app that would've reduced spending costs, and greatly reduced a large paper footprint in our world.

Recently, I've started my own company and my business now thrives from it. I'm not a software engineer and this program is user friendly so that I don't have to be an engineer. It's always evolving. I was just recently stuck on updating my company format... Ellen Weintraub, a customer service rep, chimed in and asked to help. She was able to solve my problem very efficiently.

I received a very positive response from this software. I was even able to cancel 2 very expensive subscriptions that this software has now replaced. All of my work is digital, and most of my customers prefer to be emailed.

I'd also like to extend my gratitude to Jason Good. He was the original customer service rep that reached out to me a few years ago, when I was trying to promote a better way for my previous employer to do business.

My advise to anyone reading this. If you work for a million dollar company that won't take a few minutes out of their day to at least listen to an idea that could possible save them money...it's time for a new company...with this software, and pricing, why not start your own company !!

Thank you very, very, much ! Go Canvas !

Jozsef

Reviewed on 10/02/2021

Very helpful

Love it

Pros

Easy and very fast way to create an inspection report

Cons

The PDF designer section give me a little headache but overall this is a great software

Reviewed on 09/06/2018

Technical Support a complete joke! Crashes constantly, but does the job when it works.

Pros

Easy to produce reports. Quick to make changes. Works offline with acceptable crash recovery and only 10% loss of data when it crashes.

Cons

Technical Support? What Technical Support? I have placed 13 phone calls in one month to address mission critical bugs - 12 of them went to voicemail and were never returned. I ended up calling sales who basically told me to send a ticket (which also didn't get addressed). By far, the worst experience I have ever had as a paying B2B customer, and I just pray that I don't ever get an issue which I can't figure out my own workaround.
Employees are constantly jumping ship and the social media is drinking the cool-aid. Basically if you have an issue, you are on your own, especially after you convert from trial. During trial they were occassionally responsive but once I'm a paying customer.