SAP Concur Reviews

About SAP Concur

Concur is a cloud-based expense and travel management software solution that enables executives to manage travel expenses. It allows finance executives to monitor expenses and cash flows related to travel expenditures. Concur’s...

4.1
4.2

Browse SAP Concur Reviews

2,055 of 2,055 reviews
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Reviewed on 03/12/2019

SAP Concur

overall, I really think this product is great and a huge improvement from our previous tool.

Pros

it is easy to upload receipts and match to my expenses, either via image or pdf document.
the mobile app is a life saver for someone that has trouble with keeping receipts.

Cons

My only complaint is that you can't apply the same image to multiple expenses. This is especially frustrating when you have to split an expenses.

Maddie
Maddie

Reviewed on 16/05/2022

It's been fantastic to use, with monthly reports to measure progress

The company's customer service and accounting staff were always willing to help. For a simple operation, I didn't have to fill in a lot of data in the expense reporting UI, which I appreciated. It seemed that the processes for obtaining the permit were also working well.

Pros

Since then, we've moved away from Concur's Expense and Travel modules. Whereas we won't go into specifics, our current Travel app appears to be a lateral shift, with some upgrades and some downgrades, while our current Expense app is an entirely new experience and I wouldn't consider going back.

Cons

Many times, even the real people behind the scenes couldn't get the system to do what they wanted, so I had to work with the travel provider to connect things like my frequent flyer number so I could access my status-related benefits.

Scott
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 15/06/2024

Concur is the ultimate Travel Tool with Expense

I would certainly recommend to any company. Regardless if they use expense, the travel tool is very helpful to help save on travel expense. From air to hotels and car rentals in between.

Pros

Makes travelers abode buy rules. If a traveler is out of policy they need to have reason. Depending on companies rules travel will be approved on not. It really depends on what companies wants to enforce.

Cons

From years of using, like anything, a traveler can manipulate it. If they lower the window of hours it will make they within policy, even though they aren’t.

Top SAP Concur Alternatives

• Industry: Market Research
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 03/07/2024

clunky but did the job

Pros

Did the job however had a poor UX. Overall it allowed travel to be booked

Cons

Horrible horrible UX and it was like stuck in the early 2000s!

Ritu
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Reviewed on 12/06/2024

SAP concur is very useful for expense management, travel invoicing and accounting

Pros

I like that it is a very straightforward and easy to upload the receipts and it takes everything from the receipt itself, no need to input manually. Also, it is very easy to prepare an expense report and submit for reimbursement. It can also be used for online tickets using the accounts and can also be used for expense management, for storing invoice receipts and accounting. I overall recommend it for all organizations.

Cons

Finding the grants account for payment is a bit tricky but with future updates and training, it can be overcome.

Ryan
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 10/06/2024

SAP Concur takes the chore out of tracking expenses

Overall I have had a great experience with SAP Concur, and would recommend it to anyone looking for an expense tracking system.

Pros

I like how easy SAP Concur integrates into my everyday life. I do not have to think about it for expenses. Take a picture of the receipt, create the expense and submit at the end of the month. No more piles of receipts.

Cons

Since I work primarily from my mobile devise some of the little thumb nails of the receipt images are a bit small and can be hard to see.

Ryan
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 15/06/2024

Gold standard accounting tool

Pros

Having tried a few other it's easily the most seamless and smooth to use

Cons

You pay a high premium for a lot of the features

Olivia
  • Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 27/11/2023

software just as archaic as the GDS

Pros

ability to track spending and compliance

Cons

clunky, difficult to understand, complicated UI without any visual or information hierarchy, inconsistent UX

• Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 21/05/2024

SAP Concur User Review

Overall, the experience with SAP Concur is good, and I find it a useful and easy to use expense management tool.

Pros

With SAP Concur I can create accurate, detailed expense reports, automate expense management processes, and have visibility anytime and anywhere. I can submit and approve expense reports from anywhere via the mobile app.

Cons

The AI technology, incorporated in the platform can be challenging. When taking a picture and uploading the receipt information, Concur doesn't always correctly capture the information which can lengthen the process.

Courtney
Courtney

Reviewed on 05/04/2023

SAP Concur allows us to make better financial decision

Our company uses SAP Concur to handle all of its travel and expense requests. It's unique to each trip and gives the Accounts team lots of specifics to double check. Total distance can be calculated using a margin calculator that displays the shortest route using Google Maps.

Pros

In order to keep track of company expenditures, we have adopted SAP Concur. Keeping tabs on costs is greatly simplified. It records every purchase made with our credit cards, notifies its users, and prompts them to submit an expenditure report.

Cons

It's important to note that there are obstacles or restrictions I face when utilizing SAP Concur. For example, the learning curve involved with implementing new software can be steep.

Tawanda
Tawanda
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 12/02/2019

Easy Workflows for Enterprise Expense Processing Efficiency

Concur Expense is the ultimate Expense Management solution as I can confirm having migrated from a different solution from a different vendor. Concur has brought my organisation impressive Return on Investment and efficiency which affords us the agility and time to improve critical sectors of our enterprise. The support is top notch as the team is readily available and we also have local point persons trained from within the organisation. The deployment and integration was smooth since it is cloud based and doesn't require complex installation procedures and dependencies.

Pros

I like the fact that it integrates well with other systems that we already use like the SunSystems API to allows us to integrate our SunSystems which the Finance department uses. I like its easy and clear workflows which are intuitive even for a novice and non technical stakeholder. I also like the customisation option because in my organisation we got an offering that uses our internal financial lingo and policies making it easy to transition to the system. I also like the report header function which allows you to enter repetitive fields that would be common for every expense so that it automatically populates them for you when you create a new expense. I also love the modern UX and UI which is consistent to most web apps that people are already used to. I like the fact that it is cloud based and only needs a browser to access the full application without having to install a client or agent or dependencies on your machine which improves mobility as you can do your business wherever you can get a browser and internet access. Mobility is huge in my organisation and this is a feature which save us lots of time and money. i like the feature which allows you to dedlegate roles to a colleague allowing someone to manage your requests and/or expenses on your behalf where you might be busy or on leave. I like the audit trail feature which allows efficient tracking of your requests and expense reports. This feature updates you on the status of your request at all times.

Cons

The fact that you have to upload receipt images one by one and you have no option to multi select. However this is minor compared to the value I get from all the other features that it provides me. a few extra clicks wouldn't hurt.

Reviewed on 29/12/2018

High Tech, Dissappointing progress recently

Started out strong, but the company’s work quality and responsiveness have dropped the last few years. The new changes are getting to a point of being comically bad.

Pros

We selected this for the integration to company card, the ease of tracking, creating, and approving expenses. It has done all of those very well. It helped us out greatly as a small company trying to manage company cards for over half the company. The pricing model is small business friendly and helps it retain value for almost any business that has started with it.

Cons

Since SAP has purchased them the user experience has gone down hill and is starting to plummet. The latest update is due to be forced on users first quarter this year. It is terrible, not a single redeeming feature and a huge step backwards for user experience. It is very error prone, makes viewing and accessing information almost impossible, and is single handled the worst change I have been seen implemented on an interface. The backend is a hybrid now of multiple peoples designs and many areas of the software seem “partially updated”. Four years ago you could teach to a new users, even admins, in under an hour or so, today everything takes a lot longer and every area has errors in the interface. The list of 3rd party ERPs it integrates to has not significantly changed in 4 years. There is still no automatic way for it to handle company card reconciliation with a statement and the best support is the sales team. That means to get a problem fixed you have to have someone pitch you on spending more, then if you can get them to understand that the product doesn’t work, you might get a call back within a month from support. If you try submitting your own issue, just don’t expect help. I’d honestly be fine with that, if it wasn’t there bill in china shop meant sloth in making UI changes. There is so much half done work, it really disappoints me on whether or not the service will remain usable in the future.

Lauren

Reviewed on 01/02/2019

Not a huge fan - not user friendly

I only use it because I have to for work, otherwise I would not use this program.

Pros

I like that concur is a program that can track your personal and work expenses. You can link up a credit card, and once you charge an item it goes directly to Concur and whos up on a list for you to add to a current or future expense.

I also like how Concur has a phone App to let you upload receipts on the go so you don't have to carry them around everywhere with you.

Cons

This program is not very user-friendly. It seems like it is an older progam that has been around for a while, so it works, but not as fast and easy as a more up to date program. This is the only expense program I have ever worked with, so I cannot say if it is better or worse than others. I have to use it for work, but I really wish my company would source a newer easier to use program.

I have to relink my credit card, and could not figure out how to do it online. It is linking, but it is linking my other 2 personal accounts that are at the same company, which I do not need linked. I cannot figure out how to fix this! This was actually kind of frustrating, because I searched the concur site on how to fix my problem and could not find an answer. I then searched for a phone number of who I could call that could help me, and I couldnt even find a phone number to call! I gave up on fixing this - as my card does link, I just delete the other items that I don't need linked - but it shouldn't be that hard! So for that, I gave customer support not a great rating here.

Sometimes an amount will upload wrong, and I cannot edit the amount. I usually just detach the receipt, delete it and add a new item with the correct amount and attach the receipt, but then the card charge is not linked, and my company needs them to show they are linked.

I wish the matching process was a better, as well as the nightly hotel charges too.

• Industry: Medical Practice
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 31/12/2018

Concur - with good implementation by corporate it is nearly perfect

Concur makes keeping track of expenses and submitting expense reports routine and even somewhat fun. It also provides a handy record of where you have been before. It's great.

Pros

Concur makes it very easy to do expense reports for a sporadic traveler:

-expenses for the corporate card are transferred automatically (so one does not forget to claim them)
-the latest implementation I use even transfers the details of hotels stays (nightly rate, tax 1,2,3 etc.), making it almost zero work to finish these. Long hotel stays with occasional meals used to be the most time-consuming entries. I don't know if this is a new version or specific to my latest employer, but it is much appreciated!
- receipts can be uploaded through a mobile Concur app, but also just as a jpg or pdf. (sometimes one has time to take the photo with one's phone, but is not in a good place to enter the details in the app - think - just purchased a coffee, now in boaRding line with a suitcase, phone and coffee).

I have not used similar software products from other vendors, except one: Concur is incredibly more efficient for both those writing expense reports and those monitoring expense compliance than the alternative of copying scanning cutting and pasting and spreadsheets - any corporation wanting to increase the productivity of its workforce (and their loyalty) should bite the financial bullet and implement Concur.

Cons

Although the following situations are rare, occasionally an unusual situation maKes things difficult. Usually, asking for help early from Concur and the internal corporate travel contact is the best course. here are a few:
1. A flight charge and a cognate refund adding up to zero can't be submitted as report. Let this get over 30 days old so it can't be combined with newer charges, and you have to have higher authorities fix it.
2. More common is when a hotel charges for the first night reservation, but the charges on the receipt do not match the folio provided, usually because the taxes are not included. Confuses the hell out of Concur, and hard to resolve on one's own.

Craige

Reviewed on 06/02/2023

SAP Concur user - Field Use

Excellent. Concur software and Mobile App has made expense reporting easy. Using the Mobil App to do most of my reporting has alleviated time spent in the office and more time in the field selling.

Pros

User friendly. As a sales Rep in the field, Concur allows me to easily log, identify, report and submit my expenses. Dashboards and reminders allow me to easily view what is open, submitted and or approved. Mobile app is well developed and allows me to do 99% of my expense reporting via my phone. The only issue i have had in the past was a receipt not attaching to an individual expense. Concur makes expenses an easy task.

Cons

Create a file for receipt pictures. Instead of saving to my phone photo storage - or having to look for a receipt picture in my photo file, Concur should create a photo file exclusively for expense reporting via Concur. I believe Concur makes different capabilities harder to use than they have to. Most users (in my capacity) are using the same features every time so i should be able to customize my dashboard(s) with those features i use.Lastly, i have had issues in the past with a picture of my receipt not saving with an expense. Not sure if this happens alot, but it is troublesome if i delete the picture and or throw away receipt.

• Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 10/01/2018

Concur has the potential to be a great product, thus far, it has fell short of my expectations

Everything is in one place. Accounts payable, expense reporting, Travel booking and now Purchase Requisitions. People are used to the interface.

Pros

I find that Concur is fairly customizable and has many modules which can touch many points of our business. We use Expense, Invoicing, the travel booking program, and am implementing PO's now.

Cons

Hard to describe what I like least because there are so many things, compared to other programs, that I dislike. Though I am super disappointed after one year, with the Travel implementation, I think overall, what I am most disappointed with is the inability for Concur to know their own product enough to be able to support it. I say this because it's taken me about 6 months of prodding and research to finally get to a person within Concur to help my company implement Concur PO's. I was told that Concur can't do Blanket PO's and I just kept asking and prodding until I got to a person who actually knew that part of the system well enough to help me build a business case to implement Concur PO's. Thats just one example though overall, I find that customer support is geared to only answer obvious questions. They respond to specific questions by sending 34 page documents for me to read through in order to try and glean my own answer.

Sabina

Reviewed on 27/03/2023

Easy management of expenses reimbursement

Very comfortable way of costs reimbursement. From requestors point of view as well as from accountants point of view.

Pros

I like most how easy the process of reimbursement of expenses became after implementation of Concur. Everything happens in one place (uploading the documents, approval and then export into accounting software and final reimbursement). Thanks to the fact that different person is responsible for each step, there is a 100% transparency and control ensured.

Cons

For someone who doesnt have any experience with similar software, it can be quite difficult the orientation first, but since each person tends to have repetitive expenses of same/similar type, its a question of time to learn how to use all the functions properly. Once learnt, you will never want to go without.

Sofia
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 20/11/2023

Keep excellence in mind. SAP Concur is a game changer.

Trustworthy and secure. I am happy with SAP Concur so far. I highly recommend.

Pros

SAP Concur saves time, energy and cuts down cost. I specifically want to recognize the relentless efforts I got from the help desk during my implementation stage. They are always ready to assist. Integration and launching was smooth. The software is quite updated with automation which makes it ideal for us.

Cons

Good from all angles. I don't have complaints.

Clayton
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Reviewed on 14/08/2023

Software that gets the job done for users

Overall, Concur does its job well. I want to be able to book and expense travel easily and I have got that with Concur every time I have booked for the past few years. I would definitely recommend others to use Concur and, in all of my professional experience, have not used a software that performs better.

Pros

I have been using SAP Concur for over 2 years to book travel and manage expense reports for travel. I have always found it easy to use and navigate, especially when booking travel. For international trips, I have found the customer service team to be prompt and extremely helpful. For domestic trips, the user interface is easy to use and I have had no issues booking both plane tickets and hotel rooms. I find that the results are up-to-date and there aren't flights "missing" from the Concur results. Expensing travel costs is also easy and usually uneventful.

Cons

Occasionally there is some confusion with regards to reports. For example, some charges show up on a credit card as pending but never go through and Concur will keep them in perpetuity. Sometimes it appears there are extra expenses that need reporting. However, this is really minor and ultimately has never prevented me from using Concur successfully.

Collin

Reviewed on 29/05/2023

Spend and Travel Management Solver

I have been able to benefit a lot with SAP Concur from vendor payments to invoicing.

Pros

SAP Concur makes it super easy and rapid to create and customize invoices.Spend and travel management is another great aspect about this tool.

Cons

For years now, I rarely encounter drawbacks when carrying out accounting tasks with SAP Concur on a daily basis.

Chloe
  • Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 10/02/2019

Submit expenses instantly

As part of the SAP suite, the Concur Expense platform ties in perfectly with the other SAP solutions. From a Finance perspective, this simplifies reporting and journaling processes and makes it almost automatic.

Pros

The SAP Concur Expense platform removes all of the excuses when it comes to expense claims. Lost or illegible receipts, late claims - Concur handles it all. The platform can accept receipts by upload, direct email or via the mobile app. There really is no excuse for not being able to instantly submit an expense. The accompanying mobile app is great for employees that travel regularly. There's no need to keep a stack of paper receipts. Simply take a picture of the receipt as soon as you receive it and Concur will analyse it, upload it and assign it to the appropriate charge code, ready for approval and submission.

Cons

There are times when the platforms struggles to identify the details on a receipt - the date, amount, item purchased. Given the varied nature of receipts, however, this isn't the norm and having to manually adjust an entry every now and then is a pretty good compromise.

One of the features of Concur is that it will automatically assign the type of purchase to a receipt. For example, if you purchase a coffee from a café it will assign this as a Food & Beverage expense. While that's true, that may not be how every organisation categorises that expense. This requires the user to review each and every upload to ensure that the various fields have been assigned per organisation procedures not be the Concur default.

MARGARITA
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 08/12/2023

Love Concur's Smart Audit Functions

Pros

The expense management side of it and the option to provide our company policy list to Concur to implement into audit rules / flagging policy exceptions/

Cons

Wish the reporting was more robust and integrated better with Intacct without going through third-parties like Wipfli.

Reviewed on 12/05/2023

SAP Concur - Expense Management from a Business User Perspective

Overall, SAP Concur Expense management fits what our company is expecting from it.

Pros

Concur is a great way for a company to manage employees' expenses. You can customize and input your own controls to ensure that employees cannot take advantage of the system and that any fraudulent activity is prevented.

Cons

The one part that SAP Concur could improve upon is that they could provide more flexibility with the missing receipt affidavits. At our company, we require employees to have itemized receipts along with the credit card receipt to verify the legitimacy of their purchase. If an employee is missing one of them, they can attach the receipt that they have, but cannot create a missing receipt affidavit for the one they are missing.

• Industry: Broadcast Media

Reviewed on 14/12/2019

i Concur

My overall experience with SAP Concur is fine in general. There are some issues they can definitely improve, especially when itemizing. Other issues I may encounter are partial reimbursements for employees. For example, if an employee books a hotel for a business trip but decides to stay an extra day (but it's a personal trip). It gets combined onto one bill that is paid with a corporate card. Concur doesn't make it easy for me to break down one expense so that one is billed to the company and one is reimbursed to the company by the employee.

Pros

It's pretty intuitive and you can figure out how to use it rather quickly. It looks a little overwhelming when you first look at the dashboard. I manage my own expenses as well as for numerous executives at my company.

Cons

I've encountered numerous problems when using this software, but I am not sure if it is a Concur problem or if it is based on filters my company might have imposed. It is still useful to bring these issues up in case other people may encounter them. Specifically when I enter expenses for other people I do not have the option of selecting "missing receipt affidavit" so I had to instead submit a PDF stating that the employee did not have a receipt. It's an easy fix, but just noting that I do not have the capability to select that option on my platform.

There are other issues like itemizing for hotel stays. Even if I enter the number in correctly the system doubles the amount if it's a two night stay even if you have a meal for only one night. Sometimes I would have to divide the amount of that ONE meal into two, which is then inaccurate. Sometimes I purposely enter in 1 night (even if it's more than one night) and enter the total amount of the bill. It's an annoying workaround.

Enrique
Enrique

Reviewed on 09/11/2023

Good luck trying to get support

Generally positive experience during the sales process, in implementation, and while an active customer/user. Absolutely awful experience post-disconnect, which would keep me from ever considering SAP Concur as a partner again in the future. Unfortunately can't recommend SAP Concur for expense reporting.

Pros

SAP Concur has long been the industry standard for expense reporting and travel management, and so it was the natural choice when we were looking for a new expense platform several years ago. The sales process was straightforward (no negotiation or haggling needed as their price is their price), and implementation was planned and handled well by the assigned Concur team and our internal resources. Adequate training was provided for both administrators and end-users, so rollout and adoption of the new platform was pretty seamless. User experience was generally positive even if the platform was somewhat dated and not as user-friendly as competing options.

Cons

Unfortunately SAP Concur's customer support, particularly during the disconnect process, was abysmal. When we requested the disconnect, we were offered no guidance or information from our customer success team re: how/when to download archived data, even after multiple requests by phone and in writing. Concur ended up disconnecting our site prior to making the download available, making it impossible for us to get to this critical data. We had to jump through countless hoops to get our site reactivated, download all the data, and then request another disconnect. In total, this debacle lasted almost five months. Could all have been avoided if the customer success team had communicated, responded to inquiries, and simply followed what I have to believe are well-documented Concur procedures for assisting clients through the disconnect process.

Emburse Certify Expense

Reasons for Switching to SAP Concur

Better integration with our corporate credit card programs