UKG Ready Reviews

4.1

4.1

About UKG Ready

Designed for small businesses where everyone wears multiple hats, UKG Ready® is the all-in-one HR solution that guides and empowers your people to make their day-to-day easier. From HR and payroll to talent and time, we’re the...

Browse UKG Ready Reviews

Tyler
Tyler
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Reviewed on 15/08/2023

Great Product and Services

Wouldn't change anything! It has simplified and streamlined all our processes into an easy to use system.

Pros

A one-stop shop with white-glove service has met every need that we have had.

Cons

Would prefer the success care training happen earlier in the process.

ADP Workforce Now and Paylocity

Reasons for Choosing UKG Ready

Looking for more service.

BambooHR

Reasons for Switching to UKG Ready

Again, UKG met all our needs.
Lisa

Kronos Review

I am a little frustrated with at times the communication flow. Frequent cancellations of meetings. Not always meeting deadlines on things. Sometimes not communicating proactively updates on where we are at with fixing certains issues. The latest hiccup occurred when the system went down and we reported this. Then we found out that we were supposed to sign up for the workforce community to get the updates when something goes wrong. This was either not communicated to us, or not quite communicated in a way that any of the implementation team understood. Not one of us either remembered or understood this. Separate from that I am very disappointed that important notifications are not automatic - instead we have to sign up for those notifications. My question is why? Shouldn't important notifications be standard? I have never had a product where we've had to sign up for those. You really need to reconsider that. There are other minor issues that make no logical sense to me as well. Like how to request PTO and not having the option to request a flat number of hours over several days. We are a healthcare operation with various schedules and requesting two weeks cause odd things to happen. Seems like this is something that should have been offered as an option long ago. Our first go-live date was December 23rd and now it is August 16th and we still have not gone live because there are still numerous issues to work through. That is frustrating for all the staff here.

Pros

I've used time and attendance systems before and generally like them.

Cons

We've have a tough time pulling the trigger to go live. I recognize that some of that is related to our unusual rules. However, I get a little disappointed about the lenghthy time and some of the hiccups seem to be for other reasons.

ADP Workforce Now

Reasons for Switching to UKG Ready

We had abandoned Kronos before because there was apparently some communication that due to our complicated rules, Kronos could not accommodate us. There was a perception that the right team was not in place before to make this happen (on both sides). Given the difficulties we are still having to try to go live, I am concerned. Our first go-live date was December 23rd and now it is August 16th and we still have not gone live because there are still numerous issues to work through.
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Reviewed on 26/02/2024

Warning - 2 Years in and still no working product!

Pros

NOTHING! Hard to say what works best when nothing works at all.

Cons

The contact and implementation team. We have had to pull the pin and give up on implementing Kronos as we have spent tens of thousands of $ and hundred and hundreds of hours trying to get the system up and running and have gotten no where.

Top UKG Ready Alternatives

DATIS HR Cloud, Part of the ContinuumCloud

Blue Yonder Supply Planning

Attendance on Demand

George

Reviewed on 28/11/2023

Better than most

Pros

I like that it was more user friendly than what we were using before which was Chris 21

Cons

Sometimes challenging to reset passwords

Bruce

Flexibility to Customize According to Your Needs

We are using time-sheet entry notes for our users to document their activities with customers. These notes in turn make their way onto our billing statements to our customers . This saves countless hours of work for our billing department.

Pros

Workforce Ready is a very robust time and labor application that can integrate seamlessly with your payroll solution. The granular configuration options allow the administrator and/or implementation team to set up their timekeeping solution according to their individual needs. Moreover, by mixing and matching profiles within the different areas of configuration, one can fine tune options by departments or individual employees if necessary.

Cons

Perhaps it is unavoidable but with the extreme level of flexibility comes also an extensive admin interface that could take a good amount of time to fully grasp. An administrators with years of experience could easily expect to still be learning new and better ways to complete tasks.

Paychex Flex

Reasons for Switching to UKG Ready

Primarily experience. I have worked with this team for many years and am very familiar with the emphasis they put on customer service. Just today, there was a brief (90 minutes) outage caused by a DNS problem. As soon as it was reported to me, I knew that I could log in to the customer service portal and immediately be informed with all available information about the problem as well as when the next update would occur. These folks run a tight ship.
Deon

Reviewed on 16/08/2019

Workforce Ready - an upgrade?

Workforce Ready was supposed to be an upgrade from the previous Kronos platform. The feature set was less than what we had before. As much as this was hyped as an upgrade. Unfortunately, this was not the case.

Pros

Cloud-based and zero on-premises footprint.

Cons

Some processes are convoluted.
Not intuitive.

Workday Financial Management

Reasons for Choosing UKG Ready

We were convinced that this would be better for our organization and that the feature set was richer.

Reasons for Switching to UKG Ready

Even though we already own the Workday module, the feature set and ease of integration that was promised to us, appeared better for our organization.
Brooke

Reviewed on 14/08/2019

We have been able to go completely paperless with our onboarding process. However, customer support and follow-up has not been a pleasant experience. After implementation and the transition to customer support, I feel we were thrown to the wolves. There is no follow-up available from the project manager who built our system to offer any assistance with updates that come about. Basically, what is built is built is how I feel. We are not in the software business, and I feel it is key to have that support to be able to provide tips and tricks based on updates and new features that come about.

Pros

Recruiting and Onboarding have made our hiring process much easier.

Cons

It is not user friendly from the employee side or the administrator side.

BambooHR

Reasons for Switching to UKG Ready

What was presented to us appeared to be very user friendly. Ultimately, what we currently are utilizing doesn't look like anything we saw in the presentation.
  • Industry: Utilities

Reviewed on 19/01/2024

UKG Ready

Overall, very pleased compared to the system we previously used

Pros

Mobile app works well and is very convenient to use

Cons

Security seems to be a bit excessive, sometimes difficult to navigate to where you need to go

Karen
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 18/01/2024

Pleased with UKG Ready

Happy with the system and easy to use for most of the features

Pros

Reporting features and the set up instructions

Cons

No customer service number to call. Have to set up a repair ticket

Lindsey Raye
Lindsey Raye
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 15/02/2024

Their Apps are the Best

Pros

Ease of use; made sense what you were doing trying to navigate around it

Cons

Time clock sometimes had hiccups when I submitted it

Jana
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Reviewed on 21/01/2020

Kronos

Overall I have had a great experience with Kronos. I love the learning feature. I have only had issues with the new interface.

Pros

I love the ease of clocking in and out. The phone app is great especially with being able to clock in or out even when you are off line. Love the tracking feature also for the phone app. I also like the reporting module. It is very versatile and I can make reports for individuals exact likes, wants and needs.

Cons

I do not like the new interface at all. It takes longer to get to everything. I feel like I have at least 2 to 3 more clicks of the mouse to get anywhere I need to go. Also the time card seems more messy and harder for the employees to read.

Paylocity

Reasons for Choosing UKG Ready

Kronos bought them out and they were our best option

Reasons for Switching to UKG Ready

The size and capabilities that were offered
Elena

Reviewed on 16/02/2021

One Word: EASY

Made my life as a manager easy. My admin and I were spending less time on their time cards, which improved office efficiency overall.

Pros

My favorite thing about this software is how easy it is to use. The admin team assigned to me used it for tracking their hours. It was very easy for me to see if they missed a punch, and it was also very easy to correct timecards. They had no issues with the software either.

Cons

My only "con" (if you can even really call it that) was that I thought that the reports could be a bit more user-friendly. They weren't even bad reports though, to be honest. Overall, I don't really have any negative things to say about this software.

Caralyn

Reviewed on 11/12/2020

All employee information is in one place

A great product that is easily able to support a company as it fluctuates in both size and independence.

Pros

It's extremely helpful to have one place that supports the employee from onboarding to off-boarding. Reports are extremely customizable allowing us to provide data upon request quickly. Support staff always very friendly.

Cons

Lay out is not very compact and has a lot of white/blank space causing the user to need to scroll left/right/up/down frequently.

TriNet Zenefits

Reasons for Switching to UKG Ready

Cost, local support, product's experience in the industry and customization options
Dr. Debra

Reviewed on 09/08/2019

Kronos User

Overall experience have been positive. The system has provided workforce analytics that gives deeper insights to the CEO about the org. The company did not have that ability prior to my tenure

Real-time
Ease of use
Training

Cons

Some reporting features especially on performance mgt

Yevstakhii
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 28/04/2023

My expirience of use UKG Ready

I have a positive experience with UKG Ready, particularly in terms of payroll management features. I appreciate the platform's ability to handle a wide range of tasks, from tracking employee time and attendance to processing payroll and managing compliance and regulatory requirements.I also appreciate the platform's customization options, which allow me to tailor the platform to fit the specific needs and workflows of my organizations. The ability to customize fields, workflows, and reports can be particularly useful for businesses with unique or complex HR and payroll requirements.Additionally, I appreciate UKG Ready's customer support, which is consistently cited as being responsive and helpful. The platform offers a range of support options, including phone and email support, a knowledge base, and an online community forum.That being said, I have reported issues with UKG Ready's user interface, which can be somewhat cluttered and difficult to navigate, particularly for new users. Additionally, app has issues with the platform's reporting and analytics features, which may not offer the level of customization or granularity needed to make informed decisions.

Pros

One thing that I appreciate about UKG Ready is its comprehensive set of payroll management features. The platform offers a wide range of tools for managing employee data, tracking time and attendance, processing payroll, and handling compliance and regulatory requirements.I also appreciate the platform's flexibility and customization options. UKG Ready can be tailored to fit the specific needs and workflows of individual organizations, with customizable fields, workflows, and reporting features.Additionally, I like that UKG Ready's customer support is consistently responsive and helpful. The platform offers a range of support options, including phone and email support, a knowledge base, and an online community forum.

Cons

UKG Ready is complicated and difficult to navigate. It can take time to learn how to use the platform effectively and efficiently.Another issue is that UKG Ready can be relatively expensive, particularly for small or mid-sized businesses with limited budgets. While the platform offers a range of features and tools, users may find that they are paying for more than they need or use.Additionally, app has a problem with UKG Ready's reporting and analytics features. While the platform offers a range of reporting options, I have found that the reports can be difficult to customize or that they lack the level of detail or granularity needed to make informed decisions.

Susan
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 30/05/2017

Less than satisfied

We implemented and went live 1/1/2017 with Time and Attendance and Scheduler. The Scheduler had so many features missing on 1/1/17, we had to postpone implementation until the 4/1/17 release date. Every time we ask a functionality question, the answer is "That's a good idea, maybe we can incorporate that in a later release." Not necessarily a good response, when someone is paying you to use software and your question is something you said it could do in the demo. The 3 months worth of credit for our billing I have yet to see applied to our account.

And there are the time clocks, well 5 months in and I am working on getting my third one to see if it will work correctly. First one we bought was compatible with barcodes. We purchased barcodes from a Kronos recommended supplier to fine out they were not compatible with the new clocks. When told we should have sent them in to be tested, I had the response "but we bought them where you told us to buy them." Then, we sent our proximity badges in for evaluation to change from a barcode scanner clock to a proximity badge scanner. Almost a month to get the test results that they worked with the clock, another month to get a correct order form to sign, then 3 weeks to ship to us all to find out Kronos ordered us the incorrect time clock reader. So I am almost 3 months into a process that has been a huge waste of my teams time.

We use a small portion of this product and will think twice before we ever expand it.

Pros

I like the core of the product line, the Time and Attendance module. It is easy to use and the self service is easy for employees to understand. Our consulting team doing the implementation has been great to work with.

Cons

Customer Service with this product has been huge disappointment. Tech Support has been even worse. And don't plan to get a response on anything unless you contact them with a follow-up.

Response from UKG

Hello Susan,

Thank you for your candid feedback. I apologize for the experience you have had thus far with the Workforce Ready solution. I have escalated your feedback to the appropriate stakeholders, and I welcome you to contact me directly so that we can speak further about what you would like to see in the product and submit these ideas to our product management team, as well as help resolve the issues you have been experiencing with our time clocks and support. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me via email at [email protected].

Replied 27/06/2017
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Reviewed on 10/09/2019

UI needs an overhaul!

Tracking time, meeting company financial objectives

Pros

It saves the previous selections for the time-card rows, which makes it easier to enter time from one time period to the next. Also, it's Java-based and can, ostensibly, run on any platform.

Cons

1. EITHER the columns should auto-size to the larger of the field size and header size and not be sized equally to fit on the display area on the monitor OR it should "remember" the user's preferences when it comes to column size.
2. The pop-up windows (e.g. when looking up "Transfer"/project, entering start/end dates for reports) should open on the *same* screen where the "parent" window is. Having it display on the "left-most" display is, frankly, a PIA.
3. The date format in the headers should be time-zone specific (e.g. mm/dd for US/CAN and dd/mm for EU)
4. The list of values for the "Transfer"/project column that pops up when the mouse pointer is placed in that field should not display right away (maybe add a bit of a delay); this would allow users to copy the current value if needed.
5. There should be a more user-friendly way of exporting the data for any time frame (say, into Excel) that makes it easier to manipulate the exported data (e.g. pivot tables, aggregate functions, etc.) the current UI does not provide this capability and the "report" is practically unusable.
6. The tool does not function in Chrome and repeatedly asks for Java to be installed (which it already is). Likely means that the tool needs to find the JAVA_HOME environment variable and use that to run.

Response from UKG

Greetings,

Thanks so much for your review. We have spent a considerable amount of time updating the new user interface and would love to be able to give you a demo if you have not started using it. There are also great resource on the Community New UI page found at (https://community.kronos.com/s/newui)

Please email me at [email protected] and we can set you up with a Kronos Expert to help with any questions you may have.

Thanks again for your review
Alaina Froton
Customer Marketing Specialist

Replied 03/12/2019
Lisa

Reviewed on 01/03/2017

Solid HRIS, but some updates/improvements needed for some features.

Kronos is committed to improving WFR and we already see the improvements made since we went live. There were some bumps at the beginning, but Kronos is a company that listens to their clients and helps in anyway they can. Although, the system is still a work in progress, we are in a much better place then we were before Kronos and are happy to have the system in place.

Pros

1. All in one product that including ATS, HR, payroll, benefits, ACA and reporting.
2. One system, one number for customer support, one community (great customer portal), one company you are working with.
3. Employee Self Service is great! You can grant as much or as little access as you would like to complete actions, access data, benefit enrollment, etc.
4. Kronos Team willingness to set up the system the way you need to in order to accomplish business needs.

Cons

1. The system is very particular in the way you set up. Ensure you have a good application consultant that understands what your company needs and how they will set this up in your environment. Also, if you chose to bring WFC into the mix, you are dealing with two systems and not one and there is a whole other level of set up you need to consider.
2. No development site. Everything is conducted in live site.
3. Recruitment and onboarding (checklists in general) need to be more flexible. Kronos is working on this and is on road map. We look forward to some improvements.
4. Training in product and training material needs some more work. There is a noticeable difference in training presentation vs. other products (i.e. WFC learning portal vs. WFR offerings). Also, you really will need someone dedicated to learn and understand WFR, as it is very layered.
5. There is not current API offerings, only flat files every 15 minutes can come out of WFR. Kronos is working on adding this capability in near future.

Penny

Reviewed on 10/03/2017

Ease of Going Paperless

Kronos Workforce Ready has lead us in the direction we have been wanting to go with reducing the amount of paper we process in HR and Payroll daily and allowed us to have more efficient, instant communication with our employees. We are utilizing the Onboarding process. We allow employees to make demographic changes and view their payroll data, such as pay statements, as a self-service option. We are beginning the benefits enrollment which will automatically add the payroll deductions to payroll. Our payroll processing has been reduced from 3 days to 1 day. Chasing down lost paperwork that was sent through the mail is no longer an issue. We have recently completed the integration with Workforce Central's Timekeeper.

Pros

Kronos has taken us to the next level in service that we were looking for. It is very easy to use for creating your own reports and importing data. We couldn't be more pleased with how they helped us work through our custom profit sharing allocation.

Cons

There are often updates that we are waiting for to continue what we would like to accomplish with the Kronos software. Although it automates several of our paper process and gave us efficiencies, there are now processes that we need to track manually and audit by hand. The third party tax software is more time-consuming than before. We were breaking ground with integrating the Workforce Central Timekeeper with Workforce Ready. We chose Workforce Central over Workforce Ready Time Labor Management due to the complexity of our work force. If you can use one system, I would recommend Workforce Ready.

Caleb
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Reviewed on 07/11/2018

Kronos - an excellent HCM software

We were tasked with the challenge of payroll management, accrual management just to name a few. These problems were all resolved by employing Kronos Workforce Ready as our central point of data storage and data management.

Pros

Kronos Workforce Ready is one of the best HCM software on the market in this category and does a pretty good job of managing data. It has a large set of very useful reports available to be exported in the most popular formats, has the option to customize reports to suite your needs and also you can schedule your reports to be sent or delivered to and email address at your convenience which really cuts out a lot of the manual labor. It has a well thought tru time-sheet feature and which allows easy management of all employees hours per day per week. The recruitment features are an excellent asset as it allows applicants to create a profile while applying in which makes hiring the applicant a breeze with the click a a button. Overall, the Payroll Management, Recruitment Management and Employee Management features are top notch just to name a few and I would recommend Kronos to any medium to large company.

Cons

The feature I like least about Kronos Workforce Ready is the manual accrual management feature available . You are tasked with real manual work whenever it comes to uploading hours for employees as there is currently no mass edit option available to apply hours across the board to all selected employees, instead you must load all selected employees into the bucket and scroll through them one by one and apply the credit and whatever other in formations are required to be filled in.

Paulette
  • Industry: Utilities

Reviewed on 10/03/2017

Implementation for small government utility

Kronos is a great product, but it is a very complex system that requires experienced module leads for the build out and implementation of the product. We wasted four months with inexperienced module leads and had to start all over again from scratch. Once we had experienced module leads we made a lot of progress, but those leads still had very little time for us because they were assigned too many customers. We implemented HR, Timesheets and Payroll, which is a pretty complex implementation. If we had only implemented one of the modules, it would not have been as difficult.

Pros

Kronos has a number of features that work well for our business. We use a lot of work orders for our plant and we were able to import work orders each day and create a search for employees to find them in their timesheets. The integrated system works well once it is set up properly. We have eliminated a number of manual processes with this system. Reporting is very easy to use and our end users are very happy with their ability to create reports.

Cons

The biggest issue with Kronos is the virtual implementation and lack of time that the Kronos implementation team has for each customer. Kronos module leads have too many customers to support, so you only have a few hours of their time each week for the build out. If you have any complexity with your timesheets and payroll, you will need to have experienced module leads. Our implementation took twice as long as planned because we started with inexperienced leads.

Response from UKG

Hello Paulette,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Workforce Ready. While we are always happy to hear what customers enjoy about the product, we are deeply invested in learning what we can improve. Your feedback on implementation is truly helpful and we are sorry that the process did not go as expected. I thought you would like to know that based on customer feedback we have recently restructured our onboarding process for new customers and have put a strong focus on improving internal training for the implementation team.

978.947.5173
[email protected]

Replied 20/04/2017
Jonathan
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 23/08/2019

Easy to use bundle

The ease of use with the finger reader and software has been a great benefit. We are an auto dealership with sales and technicians, the ease of use is a great benefit to people not tech savvy. So easy to use software and hardware is paramount for us.

Pros

The software is easy to keep track of clocking and clocking out, vacation and sick days. The finger reader is also convenient and very easy, Just put your finger in the reader and ding! Your clocked in or out.

Cons

I have not experienced any Cons, the software always works and if I need to call support, they are quick to respond and resolve my issue.

Jamie
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 28/07/2022

Avoid UKG

Terrible. Read my paragraph in "cons".

Pros

They do have some nice features such as being able to store everything we need about a particular employee. Payroll function isn't bad, but it's not user friendly.

Cons

Almost everything. Especially that You cannot build custom reports. If you want a custom report, their implementation team has to do it. It took them almost an entire year to build us a report that pulls in name, title, salary and YTD bonus & commission amounts. I was able to create this for myself in 2 minutes with ADP. ALSO they will not allow you to change a "termination date" for anyone. You have to "rehire" and then term again. This is RIDICULOUS. I could go on for hours about what I don't like. Do not recommend this to anyone.

Rodica
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 06/07/2017

Kronos Workforce Ready is improving

This is the first cloud system we are using. After having Oracle E Business Suite for more than 10 years, I like the simplicity of Workforce Ready. We hope that the new upgrade coming in August will be a great improvement and reduce our Cons.

Pros

Easy to use. Easy to create reports. Works well in most areas. No need to have pre-printed checks.

Cons

Does not keep the history of changes. Does not have a TEST feature. No retro pay calculation. The change in pay rate in the middle of a pay period applies to the whole period, for exempt and non-exempt employees. Does not re-calculate regular rate of pay to add the additional overtime premium when nondiscretionary bonus is paid for current or past pay periods.

Response from UKG

Hi Rodica – Thank you for your review, I am glad that you are enjoying the simplicity of the system. I wanted to let you know that retro-pay functionality was delivered this month. To learn more about the functionality you can access the release notes right from your Workforce Ready solution by navigating to Our Company > Service Provider Documents > Download Documents. If you have any further questions on this functionality, please feel free to send me an email at [email protected].

Replied 08/09/2017
Jessica
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 26/09/2017

Easy to use system that reports easily.

Continue to improve the system and we will be long term customers!

Pros

The use of the system and reporting functionality are pretty easy to learn. Benefits setup is really nice and I am eager to see how ACA works for 2017. Our implementation specialists have been pretty good and attentive. I like how you get the same support specialists repeatedly as they begin to understand your company and can relate to ongoing issues you have.

Cons

The wait time on some cases is not always the greatest. I wish there was more functionality with the custom columns with reporting and also creating one line reports for payroll purposes. Some features are not as diverse as we expected such as the HR action items, no option to print if you use electronic option.

Response from UKG

Hello Jessica,

Thank you for taking time to review Workforce Ready. We are happy to hear that you are finding the product easy to use and are looking forward to understanding its additional capabilities.
It is also great to hear that you are benefiting from a group of support specialists. For the wait times, we have added additional capacity to our support team to help decrease wait times. In addition, there is a new self-paced training course available within Workforce Ready MyLearning for reporting. To access it log into Workforce Ready and navigate to My Account > My Learning > Manager and within the Manager section will be the training “working with reports”
Please feel free to contact me if there is anything additional I can assist you with – [email protected].

Amy Fafard