RUN Powered by ADP Reviews

About RUN Powered by ADP

The RUN Powered by ADP (RUN) solution is designed to make your small business payroll quick and easy. With a streamlined process and powerful technology, you'll complete payroll in no time. Choose from basic payroll to a full...

4.2

Browse RUN Powered by ADP Reviews

Grayson
Grayson
  • Industry: Restaurants

Reviewed on 24/07/2018

Do you have to pay taxes on payroll? Do you like doing math? Just use ADP.

Peace of mind knowing that I am not making a mistake that puts me in a bad position with the IRS.

Pros

They provide a lot more than just payroll processing. That's the meat and potatoes of it but they also now have the option to use zip recruiter for your hiring needs. That's a big asset. And, they have a great HR portal. You have access to just about every document and standard possible with a simple search or catalog inquiry. I'm a big fan of one stop shop ideas and this is becoming that. They have it easy to track paychecks, employee's files, reconcile past pay periods, pay taxes on manual checks, etc. And they are a great team for customer service. I've never had a bad experience with them. Oh, and they are adding in a scheduling option to schedule you staff and track their clock in/out times with GPS.

Cons

Cost. It's always the cost. But, convenience comes at a price. This is no small fee service. If you have a small staff and don't mind doing the math you can probably just use QuickBooks. But ADP Run makes it really, really easy to pay your team.

Roxanne
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 22/05/2021

Doing payroll in ADP in VERY easy!

Since I didn't do payroll before I started working at my current position, I feel that it is fairly easy to use. If I can learn to use it, anyone can.

Pros

I like the ease of running all of the reports and that most of the ones you need are listed as standard reports. They also prepared PPP loan reports as standard reports to make your life easier.

Cons

I don't like that when you have to divide salary employees into different accounts that it only keeps the first amount you put in. You have to manually add the other amounts every time.

Reasons for Choosing RUN Powered by ADP

We switched because we decided that we didn't want to be a part of their employee base. And the cost of their 401K plan was very expensive.

Reasons for Switching to RUN Powered by ADP

They came in at an inexpensive rate and we could choice to just get the portion to run payroll.

Response from ADP

Roxanne,

We thank you for your review of RUN Powered by ADP? and couldn't be happier to hear that our product delivers for you.

Adding value through our services and giving you time back into your day through our products is truly what we strive for and we are pleased to hear that has been the experience for you.

-Your RUN Powered by ADP? Team

Replied 24/05/2021
Russell
Russell

Reviewed on 07/06/2022

Stale product, but flexible payroll processing

It is a competent system as long as you only need to access it from a desktop browser. The pricing is “OK” for wholesale clients with more than 5 employees.

Pros

It is very easy to make on the fly adjustments to paychecks, such as overriding the amount of withholding, recording an advance repayment, etc.

Overall the system is easy to use.

The payroll for my accounting firm is free, which is appreciated.

Cons

In 2022 one STILL cannot access the Run Oayroll website from a mobile phone. This is inexcusable and something I have been asking them to correct for more than 15 years. The site automatically redirects to the mobile app, which still, after 15 years, can’t be used for wholesale accounts like mine. It is beyond aggravating.

Reasons for Switching to RUN Powered by ADP

Gusto makes it nearly impossible to change paychecks on the fly.

Response from ADP

Russell,

We thank you for your feedback of RUN Powered by ADP® and are glad to hear you find ease of use and flexibility with your payroll.

Your feedback regarding mobile access has been passed along to our Product Team for review.

We value your partnership on your payroll and HCM needs.

-Your RUN Powered by ADP Team

Replied 09/06/2022

Top RUN Powered by ADP Alternatives

Cleo
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 14/07/2020

Great payroll platform!

Overall, my experience with RUN Powered by ADP has been great. They provide good customer service support, especially if you use the Workers' Compensation services.

Pros

I've been using ADP for more than two years now. We switched to ADP from Paychex, and I can say it was a smart decision. RUN Powered by ADP is friendly to use. The onboarding process is quick and easy, and the payroll processing feature is complete.

Cons

The only thing that I believe ADP could improve is its pricing for extra features. The basic bundle is complete, but if you want to add features (i.e. child support options for employees) you have to switch to higher bundles.

Reasons for Choosing RUN Powered by ADP

ADP is friendlier and easier to use on a daily basis. Also, it is less expensive.

Reasons for Switching to RUN Powered by ADP

Response from ADP

Cleo,

We are thrilled to hear of your positive experience beginning at on boarding and on to running payroll with ease! We value your partnership and appreciate your feedback.

-Your RUN? Service Team

Replied 24/08/2020
Melissa
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 16/08/2019

Our All Around Payroll Solution!

Overall, ADP is the perfect fit for our catering company. It provides us with exactly what we need for payroll processing as well as the added bonus of convenient communication with employees. Not to mention their lighting fast, secure delivery of our payroll checks overnight to our door step.

Pros

I really enjoy the multiple options ADP offers for employees. From an administrative side, we have many different positions that incur their own payscale and ADP allows us the flexibility to customize each employees information. With multiple event pay rates available, we can easily choose which rate is appropriate for the shift completed. Setting up employees is beyond easy and we have the ablilty to have W2 employees and 1099 employees separated yet all accessed in one convenient location come payroll time. Editing existing employees is just as easy and setting them up. From an Employee stand point, I receive detailed information from each pay period and I am able to access any of my information, including past pay stubs, at my finger tips with their convenient employee portal.

Cons

The only thing I can say we wish ADP offered was integration with our Catering Software. As convenient as ADP is to us, we still have to pull pay information from another program and enter it into ADP. If ADP integrated with our software, that would eliminate the extra step and help us even more.

Square Payroll

Reasons for Switching to RUN Powered by ADP

We chose ADP over Square due to the added security and because the overall functionality of ADP worked better with our business than Square would have.

Response from ADP

Melissa,

Thank you for the outstanding feedback on RUN Powered by ADP?!

We strive to provide superior tools and support that puts time back into your day so you can focus on what matters most -- your business.

We appreciate your recommendation and your valuable insights!

- Your RUN Powered by ADP? Team

Replied 23/08/2019
Edgar
Edgar
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 07/02/2024

NO COMUNICATION, DISRESPECTFUL

Pros

nothing!! i suggest to run away from adp asap!! no customer support at all.

Cons

they Dont comunicate with customers, the have a sales team that wont reply to emails or take for ever to reach back about key problems or issues, i was a customer for adp in the roll, platform and was changing to run from adp, all of sudden my account was terminated with no explanation what so ever, for a whole week i was trying to reach support to see where my account was, they never gave me answers nothing, that is was in implementation, reach out to that department and they said it was terminated because i didnt run payroll!! omg how can we run payroll if we where never notified that it was ready to do so!! no sense then, the only thing they can say am really sorry sir, we are sorry sir, we will have the sales person manager reach out to you then again they never do!!!

Response from ADP

Edgar, we apologize for any frustrations you're experiencing with the service, but we're committed to helping you get the most out of RUN. A member of our team will be reaching out to follow up. Your feedback is very important to us here at ADP, so we thank you for the review.

-Your RUN Team

Replied 26/02/2024
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 17/08/2020

Great payroll solution for small business

Pros

It's fairly easy to start using. I love that they take over tax filings. It's easy to add a new employee. Customer service is pretty quick to respond by chat or email. It has every feature I need, including customized deductions. Direct deposit is very fast and reliable.

Cons

The user interface is sometimes strange: I want it to adapt better to different size screens. I want to sort employees when running payroll. Sometimes notifications for new services can't be dismissed.

Response from ADP

David,

Thank you for your review of RUN Powered by ADP?.

We love hearing that our RUN Powered by ADP? is not only easy and intuitive for you, but that it also provides peace of mind when it comes to taxes and regulatory compliance. We appreciate your feedback and as always we continue to strive to add value to your organization and to add time back into your day through our products and services.

- Your RUN Powered by ADP? Team

Replied 18/09/2020
Julie
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 01/07/2022

ADP Run is user-friendly

My overall experience has been really good. Their customer service has been excellent as well.

Pros

ADP Run is exceptionally easy to use for payroll. The screens are pretty self explanatory and ADP sends you e-mail notices to remind you to post your payroll. The payroll reports that you can generate also integrate easily on other software.

Cons

There is very little that I dislike about this software. The only issue that once you post your payroll, there can be no changes. I wish that there was a 30 minute grace period, but overall, ADP really did think of everything.

QuickBooks Payroll

Reasons for Choosing RUN Powered by ADP

This gave us a way to do direct deposit and avoid all hand-cut checks.

QuickBooks Payroll

Reasons for Switching to RUN Powered by ADP

It seemed to be the easiest to use, both from a time standpoint and was not too complicated. Also, it featured back-up customer service to help us along the way.
Joan
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 09/06/2020

Good software but expensive

Liked it and ADP but the price went up. Interesting that when I requested no increase I got it once but not again. When I said I was going to leave I wasn’t offered anything to keep my account. Months later I got calls and a million emails offering me months for free and no W2 charges. I would have stayed since I liked the product and the company and would have liked not to go through the pain of a change.

Pros

Easygoing use. Reports very good.access. ADP provides lots of HR info.

Cons

It is quite easy to use. The reports are well designed and easy toI asked about no increase I got it once but not again. When I said I was going to leakreques

Reasons for Switching to RUN Powered by ADP

They gave us a good offer and the change was seamless

Response from ADP

Joan,

Thank you for your feedback on RUN Powered by ADP?!

We are happy to hear that RUN? provided you with features and functionality that are easy to use and efficient, allowing you more time to focus on your small business.

We appreciate your feedback and our RUN? Service Team would love the opportunity to discuss your experience with you. We hope to partner with you again on your payroll and human capital management needs.

- Your RUN Powered by ADP? Team

Replied 10/07/2020
Beryl

Reviewed on 20/12/2022

Great Customer Support

Overall my experience with Run by ADP has been very positive. I will continue to use this software and will recommend to other business associates.

Pros

The best part about Run by ADP is the customer support. They are available and have short wait times to speak with someone. They are super helpful and take the time to walk me through the software functionality. Additionally the software is relatively user friendly and simple to deploy. It makes payroll so simple!

Cons

There isn't anything that I don't like about the software. It has the features and functions that I look for in a payroll processing system.

Reasons for Switching to RUN Powered by ADP

I picked ADP because of the customer service and the features and benefits.
Dawn
  • Industry: Performing Arts

Reviewed on 15/06/2023

Expensive but good

Overall satisfied with ADP, but switching to another provider that has a better timekeeping tool to save me ttime and money.

Pros

Easy to use and get up to speed. Simple and easy to run payroll. Love that the system reminds you when you need to run payroll. Support is also good when needed. Most questions are answered quickly. Love not having to worry about filing payroll taxes, etc. ADP does all this for you which saves a small business owner lots of time that would spent on these things.

Cons

Timekeeping app was not great and expensive compared to other payroll providers. The integration with QuickBooks is clunky and makes it hard to categorize payroll the way we need to track it for costs.

Amanda
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Reviewed on 27/10/2022

Easy Management

Over all its a great system that is easy to operate on a day to day basis and to stay complain with needed paperwork.

Pros

I love the HR, Payroll features the most. I also love that you can start an employee and have them update any need information remotely.

Cons

The reports can be a lot to take in and we have to add 2 payroll reports together when we do quarterly reports as some are from the previous year.

Jillian

Reviewed on 03/12/2019

Run Powered By ADP Is So Easy To Use!

I save so much more time using RUN by ADP for payroll and employee management. It takes a lot off of my plate and the fact that I can access it from anywhere is a wonderful bonus. The app works so well on my phone that I've processed payroll while out of town many times with no trouble at all. Payroll should be quick, simple, accessible and ADP RUN delivers on all of those needs.

Pros

The ADP Run payroll platform has been making my life as an office manager easier since 2011. I recommend it to anyone asking about payroll platforms and I hope my office never changes. There are so many behind the scenes things that RUN does for you, like the pesky calculations to see which part-time employees qualify as full-time and have to be counted for the ACA insurance requirements. Done! ADP does that time equivalency for you! State new-hire reporting? ADP does that for you too. Entering employees and processing payroll is a breeze! The payroll reports are thorough and the W-2 processing and mailing is all done by them as well. If you haven't used ADP before then do yourself a favor and call them, you won't regret it.

Cons

My main complaint would be on the employee side of the software. Employees can access their paycheck stubs through a platform called Employee Access. I like that it's available and I can manage it on the RUN side but sometimes the website is buggy. The employees say the app on their phones works better than the website. So you will have to reset passwords at times. I hope ADP addresses the glitches with that website.

Response from ADP

Jillian,

Thank you for your feedback on RUN Powered by ADP?!

We are happy to hear that RUN? offers you features and functionality that are easy to use and efficient, especially when on the go! I have passed along your product feedback in regards to Employee Access, would like to hear more detail on the website issues your employees experienced.

We value your long standing relationship and appreciate you taking the time to provide these insights on your experience!

- Your RUN Powered by ADP? Team

Replied 10/12/2019
Yanek
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 25/01/2022

Fully Featured But....

RUN is mostly fine and gets the job done. It can be improved by allowing more self-service options for adjusting payroll. Also, they do not offer a service to mail 1099 forms to contractors individually. They mail the forms to the business owner and expect them to mail it individually. This seems to be something they should offer pretty easily.

Pros

The service technically has everything you need to run payroll pretty easily on a regular basis. You can pay both w2 employees and contractors with a few clicks.

Cons

To edit a payroll that has been submitted but not yet processed, you literally need to call ADP customer support. There is no way to adjust payroll once it has been submitted on a self serve basis. This is very annoying. Also, the reporting isnt as intuitive as it should be. They mostly want you to use their canned reporting. They do not offer the option to mail 1099 forms to your contractors indiivudally.

Gusto and Paychex Flex

Great promotional pricing

Reasons for Switching to RUN Powered by ADP

Promotional pricing for my clients

Response from ADP

Yanek,

Laurie,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review of RUN Powered by ADP®.

How wonderful to hear that RUN® provides you with the information and access you require at your fingertips and top notch customer service, empowering you to focus on your business!

We hear your feedback on self service functionality and reporting and have passed this along to our Product Team.

We appreciate your valuable insights!

-Your RUN Powered by ADP® Team

Replied 27/01/2022
Juanita
  • Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 22/01/2022

Great product with inconsistent customer service

I have not found a better more affordable option. It does everything I need it to do and requires very little effort on my end. I appreciate that it just requires me to tap a few buttons to rub my payroll. I need something that is quick and easy.

Pros

The website and mobile app are very easy to use. Being able to run payroll on the go is very helpful but you can’t add an employee from the mobile app.

Cons

I hate that I can’t add an employee from the app. It has made it difficult sometimes. I also despise the long wait times for customer service. They have a call back option that they say you won’t lose your spot using but it generally takes hours to get a call back. That’s an absurd amount of time.I also hate the nonstop sales calls. I had to threaten to close all my accounts to get the calls to stop. The timekeeping with adp run was a nightmare. If there are any errors it causes issues with running payroll from the app.

QuickBooks Payroll and QuickBooks Online Advanced

Reasons for Switching to RUN Powered by ADP

Ease of use and the app functionality.

Response from ADP

Juanita,

We are happy to hear that overall you find ease of use and helpful functionality within RUN Powered by ADP®.

We appreciate your feedback on the Mobile app and wait times and have passed this along for review.

Your feedback is very important to us here at ADP so we thank you for the review.

- Your RUN Powered by ADP® Team

Replied 02/02/2022
Tom

Reviewed on 17/02/2023

Run ADP - Payroll Review

Pros

Worked consistently. Very low downtime. Transactions and reporting were smooth and convenient/

Cons

The customer support for worker’s compensation, 401k, and payroll issues was less than stellar. Wait times from hours to days were common. Workers comp support was horrendous.

QuickBooks Time

Reasons for Switching to RUN Powered by ADP

Past history of success with ADP products.
Anang
  • Industry: Restaurants

Reviewed on 06/10/2020

Glad we went back to ADP

Very positive experience - from product functionality to customer support

Pros

ADP works as advertised. Payroll is easy to run, reports are bundled and stored online for easy access. We really love the Employee on-boarding self service feature as it saves us a lot of time and helps minimize errors.

Cons

Not much to dislike - We want to use the HR module but due to cost issues, we will hold off on that. I had the trial run and really liked the Doc Vault features.

Response from ADP

Anang,

We couldn't be happier to welcome you back to ADP and we are thrilled you have been finding value in our products and services.

We value your partnership on your payroll and HCM needs. Our Service Team would love the opportunity to discuss your interest in additional HR features, we look forward to hearing from you!

Sincerely,

Your RUN? Service Team

Replied 26/10/2020
Sara
  • Industry: Photography

Reviewed on 24/11/2021

Fantastic Program - Too Big for Small Business

If not for the higher cost, we would still be with RUN ADP and I highly recommend. The program was really solid and the customer service outstanding. Cost was the downside for us but I believe they may now have some options for smaller businesses that may fit better from a cost perspective.

Pros

Run ADP was intuitive, easy to navigate and use, even for a non-HR person. I was able to take care of payroll quickly and efficiently, without any of the bugs or quirks that some of the other payroll software programs seem to have. If I had a question or needed help with anything, their customer service was available and incredibly helpful.

Cons

This software was just far too robust for our small business. It had lots of bells and whistles that we just didn't need or use. The cost was much higher than other payroll programs and ultimately, we left Run by ADP for a smaller company with a simpler program at a more streamlined price.

Response from ADP

Sara,
We thank you for your review of RUN Powered by ADP® and couldn't be happier to hear that our product delivers for you.

We appreciate your feedback on the price structure and have passed this information along for review.

-Your RUN Powered by ADP® Team

Replied 29/11/2021
Tim

Reviewed on 10/04/2018

A great way to do payroll by a trusted company

Pros

We have used ADP for a long time at my current company and at previous companies I have worked for. Knowing that ADP created this program gives us peace of mind we don't get with smaller programs or companies. We know that if there is an issue, ADP is there to help us fix it and our dedicated account representative is always checking up on us. The ability to check previous years is great and we are able to keep all of our hire/fire paperwork organized in one place which is great.

Cons

The biggest issue we have run into is that you have to make sure you do payroll right the first time. If you submit payroll and have any issues that need to be fixed or you miss your deadline then there are charges for getting your issue resolved. The fee is understandable and has made us a lot more careful about what we do. Just make sure you triple check before submitting if you don't already.

Lindsey-Leigh

Reviewed on 01/12/2020

A decent product that gets the job done better than the servicer we had before.

For what we need it to do, it works and then some. Having all the reports available for us to run when we have audits is much better than having to request them and wait from our previous company.

Pros

For the most part, running payroll and managing employees is easy. If there is anything that you have difficulty with there is always an agent to walk you through how to get it done. It is nice that I can enter payroll from my computer, or my phone as I am sometimes out in the field when payroll needs to be run.

Cons

ADP can be VERY pushy about buying additional services from them. I find it quite annoying myself. They take a bit of a " if you don't get this services, this can happen" approach that I do not appreciate.

Response from ADP

Lindsey-Leigh,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review of RUN Powered by ADP?.

How wonderful to hear that RUN? provides you with the information and access you require at your fingertips, empowering you to focus on your business!

We value your trust and partnership on your payroll and HCM needs.

-Your RUN Powered by ADP? Team

Replied 07/12/2020
Drenna
  • Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 03/06/2021

Good Product

So far pretty positive except for the minor issues with glitches. Especially with the mobile application issues.

Pros

Many changes have been made to this product since our firm started using it which is a plus. There has been improvement in regard to clocking and out @ desired times. It's very easy to manage your time as well as PTO accrued time .

Cons

There are times when there are server issues and I can't clock in and out. Even when I am in the office.

Response from ADP

Drenna,

We welcome all feedback to ensure RUN Powered by ADP? continues to empower small businesses to more efficiently manage their payroll and HCM needs. We are glad to hear you find a user friendly experience within RUN.

Thank you for the feedback on the mobile app, we will pass this along to our Product Team. We are always working to enhance RUN and delight our users so we value your insights.

- Your RUN Powered by ADP? Team

Replied 04/06/2021
Hank

Reviewed on 03/02/2023

ADP is great product for any company

I have four companies that use ADP run and by far ADP is the easiest and most reliable application i have used for processing.

Pros

It was easy to learn and setup. Customer support was outstanding.

Cons

It doesnt always sync up correctly with quickbooks

Deuene
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 26/07/2022

ADP is overall great

Pros

I like the ability to process payroll on a consistent basis. ADP allows us the ability to set individual pay parameters for our staff and automatically process payroll for those on a set compensation. I enjoy the reports that can be produced.

Cons

This software should offer reductions for members who have used the software for a long period of time. There are only benefits for new users. The amount of individuals using this product, increases the cost of the product.

Features at the time
Sean
Sean
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 07/03/2019

One of the best platforms out of all payroll processing companies for small businesses

There's a reason ADP is the biggest name out there. They haven't let me down yet, but I'll certainly post if they do!

Pros

the software seems very secure and has a lot of measures that are taken. Very easy to use, even for technologically inept people like me. The rep that sold me the software was extremely thorough.
Has a lot of features for payroll processing, tax reporting, and human resources features, and even workers comp integration.

Simply put, this software integrates nearly all financial and human resource aspects I need as a small business owner, other than banking. It even makes it easier to offer retirement benefits for my employees. It's not the cheapest software out there, but it is 100% worth the money.

Cons

On occasion, it logs me out or glitches if I process my payroll on wednesday (apparently that's the busiest day to process so the system gets overloaded). Sometimes gets annoying to have to make small changes or customize reports, but that's just part of the business.

Kenneth
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Reviewed on 19/07/2022

ADP Run

ADP tends to start at low prices and increase become pricey after initial terms. Software is excellent. Customer service is average sometimes difficult to get answers.

Pros

Software is very intuitive easy to administer.

Cons

Customer Service/pricey after initial terms