Duo Security Reviews

4.7

4.7

About Duo Security

Duo Security is a cloud-based identity management and data security platform. It helps protect the data of organizations at scale. It also helps users reduce management overheads, enabling organizations to handle agility, reduce...

Browse Duo Security Reviews

Matthew
Matthew

Reviewed on 26/04/2022

Simplified Security

I enjoy the endpoint security perspective of the application coupled with the simplistic user interface - this is very good for non-tech users working remotely.

Pros

I like that Duo let's you know what might compromise your experience on a platform. It tells you to upgrade your android/iOS handset and gives a severity level. This is great from an endpoint security perspective.

Cons

At times - the app takes a little time to prompt the user that an attempt is being made. This may be a function of slow infrastructure, but it is hard to assess.

Jorge Mario

Reviewed on 07/02/2023

Flexible and Easy to Implement MFA

We use Duo to provide better security to our end users and to comply with regulatory requirements. The solution is inexpensive, easy to use and integrate with the existing applications.

Pros

Duo is a cheap, flexible solution that allows a company to easily implement MFA on corporate applications.Pros: - Out of the box integrations with applications such as Office365, Salesforce, Microsoft ADFS, etc.- Adding users is easy, with several enrollment methods (automatic, email based, sms based, etc.)- Using the application is easy, it is just a matter of accepting a push, or entering a numeric code.

Cons

So far I haven't had any issues with the solution. It was implemented for Office365 and ADFS in less than an hour.

Krishna
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Reviewed on 10/03/2020

Beware! Customer service has been non-existent following Cisco acquisition

Pros

We have used Duo for many years. It was easy to implement and has always worked well.

Cons

Last year we negotiated bulk pricing and paid in advance for a 14-month term. Later we discovered that they had never provisioned our licenses and were still billing our credit card. Now, four months later, after numerous phone calls and more than a dozen emails, they have still not provisioned the licenses we paid for. They have acknowledged that this is their mistake and they need to fix it, but they seem incapable of doing so.

I get the sense that their organization is completely dysfunctional following the Cisco acquisition. Given that they cannot solve the challenge of "how does a customer purchase your software?", I am worried what might happen if you came to them with anything more difficult.

Top Duo Security Alternatives

Lani
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 10/03/2024

Duo security user's feedback

I have used this for years and it really helped us

Pros

Helping us login on our vpn since we need this to work

Cons

Sometimes the login of Duo doesnt work and it is frustrating

Jonathan
  • Industry: Photography
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 16/06/2023

J.L. Duo Security Review

Duo Security was the second-in-line when it came to authentication and data security for protecting my device's applications but really fell short when it came to the execution of its actual functionality when the time came. So, within the time period of installing and using the software, I soon uninstalled it in search of another software to satisfy my needs with less complications.

Pros

Duo Security's simplistic design format makes any user, including myself, notice any and every possible feature available and if unsure, can contact their support team who replies in a very short span of time.

Cons

There were times in the past where I would use Duo Security as a two-factor authentication system to login my Instagram account. However, on those times the code that would refresh every 30 seconds was always deemed incorrect. And so I would have to disable the software's functionality and risk my account security to simply login to Instagram.

Stephen
Stephen

Reviewed on 27/09/2020

Security to fill a gap, but not comprehensive offering

Duo Security is a strong SaaS product to fill the very specific infrastructure gap of 2-factor authentication for infrastructure.

Pros

Duo Security is a great product to fill a very specific gap in infrastructure security, specifically for SSH management. For requirements for 2-factor authentication for SSH, Duo is quick to implement

Cons

Duo is difficult to enroll users with, which creates a significantly higher administrative overhead than other options. There are also significantly more delays in the Duo pushed-based notification systems (depending on the user and their network, etc.), which can cause issues for users authenticating.

Google Workspace

Reasons for Switching to Duo Security

G Suite SAML login was more difficult to implement in very specific situations than simply purchasing Duo. In the future, the goal is to move to a more BeyondCorp style model where each specific application can use SAML and not rely on Duo
Samantha

Reviewed on 25/02/2021

Works Well

Duo security works perfectly to add additional security to our login process.

Pros

I like the simplicity of the multifactor authentication process. It was easy to deploy on our phones and works perfectly each day.

Cons

I do not have any cons to list. This product functions as it should and does the job. Compared to the product that we switched from though, I do feel that DUO provides less security.

Reviewed on 02/11/2023

Best tool for 2FA

Pros

Duo Security simplifies the implementation of two-factor authentication, enhancing security against unauthorized access. With a user-friendly interface and a variety of authentication methods, it offers flexibility and peace of mind for organizations seeking to bolster their security measures.

Cons

Occasional delays in the authentication process can be a minor inconvenience when using Duo Security.

Orwell
Orwell
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 24/06/2023

Mobile authenticator user review

For me I can describe my experience with the mobile authentication app as very convenient for the security of my work computer since I have my phone at all time and my phone also has a password so that adds another wall of security for my companies sensitive information.

Pros

Duo security mobile app is very convenient since i am working from home and have my phone on me all the time and it is very easy to use the mobile app you just need to open the app and it will show you the one time code for my computer login. And you can also refresh the code anytime if you get it wrong.

Cons

For my use it is very convenient and I have not yet got in to anyproblem using the mobile authenticator.

Reviewed on 05/11/2023

Duo Security

Pros

Easy and secure way to protect data.
I like that I can manage it from my phone.

Cons

I do not have any negative experiences with Duo Security app.

Rilwan
  • Industry: Media Production

Reviewed on 16/11/2023

The right multi-factor authentication solution

Pros

As a result of the type of company we run, it is vital to incorporate multi factor authentication. The setup is easy, the platform works most of the time and the customer service is amazing as well.

Cons

So far, nothing that I can think of from using for over 1 year.

Barry

Reviewed on 10/12/2019

Duo Security - Easiest DFA hands down

We love Duo Security. The implementation on our remote servers and web servers gives us piece of mind knowing that our important infrastructure is secured with DFA/2FA (Dual or two factor authentication). It's very easy to setup DFA on a remote server which is good too.

Pros

I like the integration with mobile and smart watches. I use Duo on a daily basis to login in to servers and online services. What I love the most is that as long as I'm wearing my smart watch I can approve logins directly from it. No passwords, no pins, biometrics needed. The authentication push is instantaneous which keeps the login on the target device/service from timing out.

Cons

What I like least is the quality of the hardware tokens. They don't seem to last very long (less than 1 year) and have to resync'd once or twice annually. For me this is no longer an issue because I authenticate using mobile or smart watch pushes. It would be nice to know that if my watch or phone were to die that the token is always reliable.

RSA SecurID

Pricing
Kalin
Kalin

Reviewed on 24/09/2019

Great Security Software

Overall I have found Duo to be a great method for securing my data and private accounts. It has allowed me to make sure that sensitive information stays safe and away from prying eyes. It also gives me a sense of security financially, as some of my accounts secured by Duo are linked to payment portals.

Pros

Duo is a great way to ensure that your electronic information and accounts are secure. I have used it as a student and I have found that it is reliable and provides peace of mind. It provides a dual authentication process so that no one can access my accounts but me. I like that any attempt to login to an account sends a notification instantly to my personal cell phone, allowing me to approve or deny access.

Cons

I have experienced a few technical bugs with the software in my time using it, though they are relatively infrequent. There are times when Duo will push a login approval to my phone and then fail to allow me to log in to my profile even though I have accepted the push. It can also be confusing trying to figure out how to change settings with Duo. For example, if you have set the software to preferentially send an automatic push upon requesting login, it can be difficult to change that setting. There could be a little more clear direction regarding that process from Duo.

Linda

Reviewed on 13/03/2022

Duo Security a MUST have!

The software was literally installed in less than 5 minutes with the help of our IT departments. Multiple questions along with your personal log in allows this to serve as a protection not only for the clients we serve but for me as well should anyone ever attempt to access using my identity.

Pros

This process is ABSOLUTELY a must have in todays cyber world. Using a dual authentication system to access your internet services was easy to set up and even easier to install and use. Any work environment where sensitive or personal data, demographics, or financial information should all be required to provide their employees with this type of DUO security. It is installed easily with the use of your IT department and changes, revisions, updates are also handled by them as well. It truly is a better way to make sure we are doing all we can to keep our internet and services safe.

Cons

Honestly I had no issue with the install or the software.

Zachary

Reviewed on 20/05/2023

A simple solution that works

Duo Security performs as it claims and works well. It's simple, and I don't have to think when using it, which is great.

Pros

I like the convenience factor most. Some two-factor authentication solutions take some time (entering a code, etc.), but I love how Duo has an Apple Watch widget that allows me to make a single click to authenticate. I also appreciate the simplicity of the UI. I also like the QR code pairing that some sites have to set up the Duo config. It's quick and easy.

Cons

I have no complaints, so it's difficult to write about what I like least. If I were forced to make a suggestion, it would be to make the mobile app more visually appealing.

Anindita
  • Industry: Research

Reviewed on 16/04/2022

Duo Security: Secure yes but keep phone close

Maybe Duo should incorporate other ways to allow access alongside mobile devices. The reason being many a time mobile phones are not connected to the internet or not in the vicinity.

Pros

Our university switched to Duo securities some time back for authentication purposes. Security, of course, increased several folds. Also, Duo allowed multiple login/authentication. The enhanced security becomes very prudent when dealing with sensitive data.

Cons

Be ready to keep your mobile phone close to you when you want to access the accounts that need authentication via duo. My biggest issue is the extreme dependence on mobile phones. If the phone is lost or not in your vicinity, it becomes cumbersome to log in. Also, once you login the software sends a push notification to your mobile. The duration that push notification remains active is significantly less. There have been many instances when a notification was pushed to my mobile device, and my device was not within my reach. By the time I retrieve my device, the push notification expired.

Alec
Alec
  • Industry: Semiconductors

Reviewed on 29/04/2021

Duo is a standard and effective tool for secure access

Duo security is my main program for two factor authentication, and I will continue to use it for this! I like how simple and easy to use it is, and I am thankful that I can trust this program to help secure my accounts.

Pros

I like how simple and straightforward Duo is as a tool -- when I need to connect to a program requiring two factor authentication, I can simply attempt the login and Duo prompts me via my phone, which I can then authorize. I like how simple and straightforward this tool is, and I am grateful that it helps me secure access to my private accounts.

Cons

What I like least about Duo is how limited the features are of this tool. Sometimes I need to connect to an account using Duo but don't have internet on my phone, and I wish Duo provided alternatives for authentication via computer or phone, but this program lacks these features.

Cleydson

Reviewed on 19/03/2021

Works well the best I've ever downloaded

Duo is a product that gives me peace of mind, I am sure because I know that I am the only one who can access my personal data through login or websites.

Pros

In fact, Duo Security, give me a lot of security to work the only one who can access my base without restrictions and without any kind of problems, and a wonderful product, I like using it more, very good to know that I can count on you this software for any type of safe and effective work.

Cons

It could be more practical, I didn't need to confirm every time you enter a Sait, so it gets a little tiring and a little difficult for those who are beginners. The Duo could improve in the following way, not asking for a reminder every time you log in to your device. "Remember" a device, so that personal work is not so exhausting

• Industry: Writing & Editing

Reviewed on 24/09/2020

Easy Two-Factor Authentication

Duo Security would be in my list of top-ten "essential" apps for smart devices.

Pros

My employer uses Duo Security for two-factor authentication when logging into HR-related software or, more recently, Covid-testing & compliance. Two-factor authentication is the gold standard for login security. Duo mobile immediately sends a push to my smart device (phone, watch, etc.) where I approve the login request. I am consistently amazed at the speed of two-factor authentication; as soon as I approve the login, Duo confirms and logs me in. It makes two-factor authentication nearly effortless.

Cons

Those using multiple accounts for multiple employers may have to shuffle with the software a bit, but it is nothing overwhelming.

• Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 05/09/2018

2FA For the Enterprise

We wanted a 2FA solution for our VPN and password management solutions. Duo integrates with both. We also needed a 2FA solution that can be used by a wide variety of users. We have many remote users so being able to authenticate via app, text, or phone call makes it easy for all of our users to gain access in a way that is secure and available to them.

Pros

Duo has made it easy for our company to use 2FA across several of our services. It's easy to implement and easy to manage. Duo integrates easily with 3rd party applications and services. Users can use multiple ways to authenticate to Duo.

Cons

Push notifications to Cellphones can be spotty if a user has poor cell reception. Not necessarily a failure on Duo's part but it should be considered if you are going to use the App Push for authentication.

Reviewed on 04/03/2021

Lightweight, High-Security MFA App

I've really enjoyed using Duo. It quickly became a seamless part of my daily workflow across my organizations single sign-on process in a variety of programs and applications.

Pros

Our organization implemented Duo for its organization-wide single sign-on multi-factor authentication program in the last year or two. The process of signing up for my account was simple, and since starting, I've almost stopped noticing that I use it. I have it set up to ping my watch to get approval when signing in, but users are able to get phone calls, text messages, or a mobile notification through their app. These options make it flexible enough for users that may not have a smart device, etc.

Cons

Unlike other MFA apps, this does not have an Authenticator feature or any other frills. Admittedly, this isn't a problem – Duo does what it does and does it well without any excess!

Jen
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 09/12/2019

Duo helps us to maintain a secure login to our sites. We use it to access payroll information, reports, our shared drive, and other things you want extra security around.

Pros

I like the fact the fact that Duo is so easy to use. You can it up to verify in different ways - through an app, a call, or email. I sue the app which I love. A simple swipe and accept and you are in your site securely. For computers that are secure and you use regularly you can have it remember you for 30 days which is very convenient for sites you use multiple times a day.

Cons

I really don't have any complains about the software. It works great for my purposes. The only thing I have heard people complain about is just two step verification in general.

• Industry: Fund-Raising

Reviewed on 05/09/2019

Easy in practice, maybe a little pricey

Support is good. New features are rolled out occasionally, so being an admin it is a good idea to keep up-to-date about it.

Pros

Working on the end-user side of things is very easy. Just "allow" a login, no hassle with codes. Also having the (Apple) Watch app available means users always have a device very near.
On the admin side of things the configurability is impressive. We are running a sync with or AD so provisioning users is automatic.

Cons

It is a bit pricey as ie.e Azure MFA does most of the things as part of the EMS bundle (so if you have that, that is an option). Also on the end-user side, I find the Apple Watch is a little lagging (couple of seconds). Not a big issue, but a little annoying sometimes.

cody

Reviewed on 06/09/2022

Inexpensive MFA Solution

Pros

Once you set up the Duo proxy, the product is very easy to use.

Cons

There seems to be a weekly issue with notifications of some failed component or other.

WatchGuard AuthPoint

Price
Ritesh

Reviewed on 17/08/2023

Best For MFA

Duo was an easy transition into the MFA world for external access to our internal systems.

Pros

It can integrate seamlessly with all platforms and apps of our organization. Easy to install, use, track, and recover from lost or damaged phones. It has push notifications and also alternate access via text or call.

Cons

Sometimes it takes a couple of times to sign in to a network.Sometimes due to poor data access on the end user part, a push notification doesn't come up although data is available, Which leads to a timeout. A little bit difficult in the initial configuration.