Moodle Reviews

About Moodle

Moodle is an open source, feature-rich, secure and scalable learning management system that integrates seamlessly with other platforms and can be customised for any teaching or training method you choose. With fresh and...

4.2
4.1

Browse Moodle Reviews

3,230 of 3,232 reviews
ulises
ulises

Reviewed on 15/04/2023

Moodle: Exploiting your potential with an Effective Digital Learning Tool

In my experience I have worked several times with the moodle tool both as a student doing several diploma courses and as a professor at the university where I teach and it is a tool that if you like to investigate, test and experiment with the tools has a very wide field of possibilities.

Pros

moodle is one of the best among many e-learning tools, as well as being open source and with many customizable features adapting to the teaching models you wish to implement. Another point to highlight is that it has an extensive community that helps to develop teaching ideas being able to adapt the contents in a more efficient way.Highlighting that you can add content created in html and scorm format which allows you to develop better courses.

Cons

What I liked most about Moodle was its flexibility and customization. The platform allows instructors to tailor it to the specific needs of their course, which makes learning more effective and relevant.Although Moodle offers many useful features, there is also one thing that needs to be worked on is that it has a linear structure which can sometimes cause the student to lose a bit of interest, so the teacher will need to make the content engaging for the student.

Google Classroom

Reasons for Switching to Moodle

Being able to include content such as html, scorm among others allowed me to improve the experience of my students as well as my learning.

Regards, Moodle

Replied 07/06/2023
Eladio
Eladio

Reviewed on 29/10/2023

A powerful, yet old tool

Moodle is a powerful tool. A good and unexpensive alternative. But even if you choose a modern theme it will feel old and ugly.

Pros

Most powerful LMS in the market. No other tool has such a wide set of tools and customization options.

Cons

Short answer: hard to use and the interface is horrible
Long answer:
- For the students: the interface is not user friendly at all. Messy, full of buttons and unnecessary information. The onboarding is tough for many.
- For the teachers: it is hard to grasp all the basic functions and upload resources. There are few tools to make batch changes. Maintenance is a pain.
- For IT: hard to deploy. It is the WP version of the LMS world, but tougher.

Podia, LearnDash, Tutor LMS, Kajabi and Thinkific

Reasons for Switching to Moodle

Price and flexibility. Particularly, the options to create online quizzes

Reviewed on 03/05/2024

Moodle make it easy

Pros

It is easier to use for online purposes

Cons

It consumes lot of data during usage which limit students from using it for a longer period of time

Response from Moodle

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Moodle.

To access our wealth of resources and support and engage in Q&A, the Moodle community awaits at https://moodle.org.

Moodle's array of Certified Partners and Service Providers are ready to tailor the platform to your organisation's specific requirements, ensuring you get all the benefits of Moodle without the complexity. Learn more at https://moodle.com/solutions/certified-service-providers/.
Best,

Top Moodle Alternatives

Santhosh

Reviewed on 20/04/2024

Student experience

Pros

How feasible it is to submit my assignments and access the articles my faculty posts

Cons

The UI is terrible and specifically the "recent users" feature in LMS is just useless

Response from Moodle

Hi Santhosh,

We appreciate you taking the time to review Moodle. It's great to know you've had a positive experience managing your courses with Moodle.

We are continuously working on improving Moodle to deliver the best possible learning environment. To discover the new and improved features of Moodle, including changes to UX/ UI, with our latest release, please visit https://moodle.com/moodle-4/.

If you want to customise or upscale your LMS to your organisation’s unique needs, you can contact our Moodle Certified Partners and Service Providers. Find more information here: https://moodle.com/solutions/certified-service-providers/.

Moodle Team

Reviewed on 01/04/2024

Got Us Online During Pandemic in Less Than 6 Days!

Pros

We love our business relationship with our account manager—he handles things timely and understands our schools and their needs. Creating/uploading a course has gotten very simple. Integration with WooCommerce was a breeze. We love being able to customize the platform for our brands. We use Workspace and the regular Cloud Moodle. Workspace to supplement our programs with in-person training and Cloud Moodle for our online/live webinar continuing education courses.

Cons

Regular support with Moodle can take a while, especially with the back-and-forth emailing. They are not very proactive to jump on a call and figure it out together. However, when it gets painfully slow - our account manager speeds up the process.

Response from Moodle

Hi,

Thank you for sharing your experience with Moodle! It's fantastic to hear that you've had a positive experience using Moodle.

The Moodle community is a vibrant space for sharing knowledge and experiences for further enrichment, support, and engagement with others. Visit us at https://moodle.org.

If you want to improve, customise, or expand your LMS, we encourage you to contact our Moodle Certified Partners and Service Providers, who can provide 24/7 support. Discover how they can support your needs at https://moodle.com/solutions/certified-service-providers/.

Warmest regards,

Jamie
Jamie

Reviewed on 20/10/2022

Too Inconsistent

We ended up switching from Blackboard to Moodle and then back to Blackboard again.

Pros

Moodle is pretty inexpensive, which is why we were willing to give it a try. It had quite a bit for the low cost.

Cons

Moodle has the potential to be wonderful, but there are just a number of inconsistencies that made us end up seeking a better solution. The User Interface is not terribly intuitive, leading to a number of complaints by end users. There were also quite unexpected outages or bugs that frustrated our team and students. It's just too inconsistent to rely on.

Reasons for Choosing Moodle

Moodle was saving us $20,000 a year to use over Blackboard.

It was inexpensive
Emir
Emir
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 20/09/2020

Clasic freeware platform, has its quirks, but overall still one of the best solutions

Mostly positive. I would like to see if they can offer premium preseted enviroment.

Pros

You can install it on shared hosting platform in less then 10 minutes. There are lots of plugins and forum tips/tricks so anyone with a little bit time can become serious user/admin.

Cons

It is to fragmented, because of "openes".
Yes you can integrate Office 365 but integration is quite loose.
Yes you can implement SSO but some security concerns are present.
Mobile app is unfinished and optimization often requires in dept knowledge of html/css.
Reporting sistem is not straight forward, gemification is only an option, not reality.

Easy LMS

Reasons for Switching to Moodle

Price, it was part of my masters degree to analyse and implement Moodle/DL/elearnig solution in telco enviroment
EARL

Reviewed on 20/05/2024

Great Platform

Pros

I liked the ease of access to Moodle. It made learning easier and fun!

Cons

I think it can get somewhat confusing when classes don't show up on the platform.

Response from Moodle

Hi Earl,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Moodle. We're pleased to hear that Moodle makes your learning easier and fun.

We are continuously working on improving platform to better meet your evolving needs.

Warmest regards,

Replied 27/05/2024

Reviewed on 06/06/2024

Moodle Makes It Easy

Pros

I love Moodle’s user friendly platform to easily organize my class and promote student engagement

Cons

At times there are errors or the site will crash

Response from Moodle

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for sharing your experience with Moodle! We appreciate your feedback.

Moodle is designed to offer flexibility and adaptability to meet your organisation's unique needs. We are dedicated to improving our platform to provide the best learning experience.

Our network of Certified Partners and Service Providers is always available to provide the best assistance and customisations for your needs. Find a partner in your region easily by visiting https://moodle.com/solutions/certified-service-providers/.

We look forward to contributing to your learning success. Thank you for choosing Moodle, and have a great day!

Moodle Team

Replied 10/06/2024
Nilaniya

Reviewed on 25/04/2024

Useful Study Tool

Pros

I find it easy to follow my courses as my academic years progress.

Cons

Sometimes it's very tedious to log in to when you get timed out.

Aman

Reviewed on 20/09/2019

Moodle up the way

Overall experience with google is under satisfactory as compared to Blackboard and Canvas. It is the least help application I have ever used.

Pros

The software is an online education learning module software. It is mostly used by universities and other educational institutes. Overall the software is very decent, it offers a variety of features, plagiarism checker, and other variety of features. It does not have any option of predicting grade which is offered by Canvas. As a T.A. I would as it is a decent software but there are better softwares than moodle.

Cons

The software does not have a fully functional mobile appliation which is offered by Blackboard and Canvas which are other learning management systems. Moodle is also sluggish and courses appear later and from time to time there are bugs in the application.

iSpring Suite and Docebo

Reasons for Choosing Moodle

Our organization switched from Blackboard to Moodle.

Reasons for Switching to Moodle

Our organization chose Moodle.
CLYDE EUGENE

Reviewed on 22/11/2019

Robust LMS

Overall, I would say Moodle has been great, since I have now mastered many aspects of the LMS. The first few months were painful, but it was all worth it.

Pros

Moodle is a robust LMS that we use at our university. It exceptionally manages student learning by offering the tools that educators need to teach in the 21st century.

The quiz creation tools are what won me over from a competitor in this space. My reluctance to jump on board was further eased by discovering just how customisable it is. Admins can install new plugins that add extra functionality (and there are plenty of these to choose from) as well as themes that spruce up the interface (it may be necessary depending on your taste).

There is also a very supportive community backing the Moodle project and the support of this community is indispensable to anyone looking to fully maximise their use of the LMS.

Moodle also updates the platform ever so often, and as I write, they recently updated to Moodle 3.8 (I have work to do to update my site on v3.6).

Cons

Moodle is a beast in terms of functionality and this, unfortunately, is its biggest drawback. It is not an easy job trying to onboard new faculty members with no background in IT. It has a somewhat steepish learning curve that can certainly be tackled but not without exerting some effort and patience.

The UI is also not as inspiring. I am glad that recent updates have really modernised the look and feel of the LMS but other competitors excel in offering an intuitive out-of-the-box experience. This can be easily overcome by theming the LMS and Moodle has done well in allowing this though it needs an experienced professional to do this.

CANVAS

Reasons for Choosing Moodle

My university didn't have personnel with a Ruby on Rails background to implement the open-source Canvas LMS.

CANVAS

Reasons for Switching to Moodle

The technical expertise that Moodle requires was already available. At the time, Moodle also had more documentation to support it hence it was a no-brainer.
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Reviewed on 24/12/2022

The free Software that saved my Education

As an African student who managed to get a Scholarship to study in India during the Pandemic, it sounded almost impossible to continue my education. I was back home sending emails to the [SENSITIVE CONTENT] at my Uni practically every week regarding travel restrictions, and his response was always, "The school got it covered; you will be able to learn from home." Previously, I knew people with terrible experiences with online education, so I was scared the same thing would apply to me. The school had already opened an account for every student, My first day in class was fantastic. My course materials, classroom links , deadlines for submission, quizzes, and so many features that made my education transition smooth. Now I'm in India thanks to Moodle; I did my quiz today during halftime of football with no difficulties. that is how much Moodle has helped me so far.

Pros

Whether you are a student, Lecturer, Employer, or Employee, Moodle has almost everything traditional Education can offer. The fact that it notifies me about my deadlines is a win, and it's almost impossible to miss out on submissions; I can easily track every step I have made through my educational journey with just one login. It also allows you to choose what you want to appear on your dashboard. And for professionals, Moodle is highly secured, allows you to be versatile and offers good Customer support.

Cons

I feel the software can be made more attractive to student. Though most people use it for educational purposes, I personally think there is still room to make it more attractive.

Response from Moodle

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback. In Moodle, we are constantly working on new ways to improve our solutions to deliver the best learning outcomes. Discover Moodle 4.0's fresh and intuitive user experience. https://bit.ly/3bgVsDC Regards.

Soorya

Reviewed on 27/05/2021

Product is great but extending, deployment and customization requires

Overall we liked the features provided by Moodle but not the whole experience of setting it up as per our requirement and deployment.

Pros

Moodle comes with power packed features that any elearning company can build upon. For any modern enterprise building on EdTech and Learning/Training domain, Moodle covers most aspects of our business.

The product itself is open source which means we do not have to pay for the software. However we were not able to go much further on our own and eventfully had to hire a vendor and consultants to customize and the costs shot up drastically!

Cons

The software definitely requires technical experts/consultants who understand it's architecture and will be able to customize or extend the features/design.

We had to hire external consultants to fix a lot of issues and not a really pleasant experience for small company like ours.

Drupal

Reasons for Switching to Moodle

We considered drupal as an alternative as it's also open source and we can customize content. But it lacked a lot of in-built features like Moodle

Reviewed on 07/03/2019

An easy and practical virtual way for distance education

Moodle, allows to offer an exchange space in activities for learning, these can be online or as a support for content management without using the web interface, also through the platform you can create private forums to stimulate discussions online or used as the main interface to perform exams and assessments.

Pros

This tool is also designed in free software is a multimedia program that explores the way to generate virtual ways of quality distance education through its virtual environments, the tool is one of the most used for this type of tasks or activities one of its positive elements is in creating private virtual environments where a group of students with their teacher interact online, which after defining the role of administrator capable of creating subjects and administrator, with the role of teacher with permission or without permissions allows to generate the educational base necessary to fulfill a course. Another positive aspect is the ease of making or creating questionnaires by subjects to facilitate the teaching-learning process and the different evaluative uses necessary to assess the student's progress.

Cons

The tool presents standardized content which prevents differentiating the treatment between advanced and regular students, as well as presenting differentiated content since when the group is created a signature and the access role all share the information according to the profile held by the participants, as to the interface this is not very friendly with the students since it does not have an iconography that facilitates the identification of the different options besides the menus are not intuitive that does not generate a pattern of habit on the actions within the program. layout is similar to a normal blog something that in my opinion could be improved to take more advantage of the online application.

Harshil
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 21/11/2020

E-learning Plus Full package of online studying

Extraordinary, learning with perfect understanding, ideation, E-learning, online learning leds to flexible learning.

Pros

I am a student of Hochschule Duesseldorf University of applied sciences. My university is on Moodle and my every second thing is operated by means of moodle. My lectures notes, attendance, research papers, books, Homework, assignments and even some times examinations with the end result everything is done on moodle platform. It is an complete platform for an university student. Every course is given a separate folder by which ease of operation is achieved. During this corona pandemic time my lectures were also done via moodle and also by other online platform but moodle is the medium of uploading the recorded lectures which is very much helpful for the teachers as well as for students. Various Forums were created by lecturers on moodle in order to have a Q/A session or a survey session by which every student can participate and can also upload their respective files. On my vision, moodle is the best learning tool I ever come through, it is simpler and better way of teaching and providing teaching materials. Also there is an Chat option by which teachers can guide there students.

Cons

Moodle can create a sudden limitation toward ones privacy as every one in the course is able to operate almost every thing which is available in the course material and forum which can be not a suitable thing for everyone. I think moodle should provide some privacy features like only xyz person can see and edit the files or works by which false marketing and copying can be avoided but it is just an suggestion from my side as in my class such a situation had arises in some previous time.

Zoom Workplace and Microsoft Teams
Rikaz
Rikaz

Reviewed on 09/05/2022

A reliable learning platform with a vibrant community.

I'm proud to be a Moodle user for over 15 years and it's steady progress and the ability to have a paid rollout shows how much this Leaning Management System has grown over the years. If you are starting your E-Learning journey and want a LMS that is easy to use, free, & with an active community then look no further than Moodle.

Pros

I have been using Moodle since 2007 and boy, has it come a long way since then. The Learning Management System has always prided itself on being open and even back then had a wonderful community who are keen to help.

Moodle is now widely available for instant installation in many hosting providers so it's easy to setup and there are plenty of paid and free resources to learn how to setup your first Moodle course. The features to develop lessons been greatly augmented by the introduction of H5P taking it to commercial standard. Course Management has always been Moodle's strength and teachers and student's alike find Moodle to be easy to use and navigate. Assessments are varied from formative to summative methods and now reflective methods such as ePortfolio.

Moodle also has a massive plugin community to cater to nearly every need.

Cons

Being a free and open-source software, Moodle requires the user to be somewhat tech savvy with some basic knowledge of how code works and this is especially useful when needing HTML to prepare content. Since their is no customer support, Users should also be willing to seek help from the Moodle community forums which usually give good advice.

FOSS & excellent community support

Response from Moodle

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback. In Moodle, we are constantly working on new ways to improve our solutions to deliver the best learning outcomes. Moodle's network of Service Providers are certified by Moodle's exacting standards in customer service, technical capability and include our endorsed network of 100 Moodle partners and premium partners. Providing regionally relevant expertise in customisations, hosting, support and training. Find your Moodle Partner here: https://bit.ly/3tMjSve

Replied 21/06/2022
Janith
Janith

Reviewed on 20/12/2022

Experience the Power of Moodle: A Review of the Popular LMS

Moodle is a popular learning management system (LMS) that is used by educators and learners in a variety of settings. It is highly customizable and flexible, and includes a range of tools for organizing and delivering course materials, creating and grading assignments and assessments, and tracking student progress. Moodle is also known for its collaboration features, including forums and wikis, which can be useful for building a sense of community among students and instructors. In addition, Moodle includes tools for tracking progress, such as grades and completion status, which can be useful for students to stay motivated and track their own learning, and for educators to monitor student progress and identify areas where students may need additional support.Overall, Moodle is a comprehensive and user-friendly LMS that is widely used in a range of educational settings. It is highly customizable and flexible, and includes a range of tools for delivering and managing online courses, as well as for supporting collaboration and progress tracking. These features make Moodle a valuable resource for educators and learners seeking to support online learning and achieve educational goals.

Pros

Here are some of the pros of Moodle:1.Customizability: Moodle is highly customizable, which means that it can be tailored to meet the specific needs of different institutions and departments. This can be a valuable feature for educators who want to create a unique and personalized learning experience for their students.2.Flexibility: Moodle can be used to support a wide range of learning activities, including traditional coursework, online quizzes, collaborative projects, and self-paced learning. This makes it a versatile tool for educators to use in different contexts.3.Collaboration: Moodle includes a number of built-in tools that support collaboration and communication between students and instructors, such as forums and wikis. These can be useful for collaborative assessments, where students work together to complete a project or presentation.4.Tracking progress: Moodle includes tools for tracking progress, such as grades and completion status. This can help students to stay motivated and track their own learning, and can also be useful for educators to monitor student progress and identify areas where students may need additional support.5.Large and active user community: Moodle has a large and active user community, which can be a valuable resource for educators and administrators seeking support and guidance in using the platform.6.Moodle is an open-source learning management system (LMS), that it is freely available for anyone to download and use.

Cons

Here are some potential cons of Moodle:Complexity: Some users may find Moodle to be a complex platform, with a large number of features and options that can be overwhelming or confusing. This may be particularly true for educators who are new to using an LMS, or for those who are looking for a more simple and straightforward platform. Customization requires technical expertise: While the customizability of Moodle can be a positive feature, it may also be a drawback for organizations or institutions that do not have the technical expertise or resources to fully customize the platform. Customizing Moodle may require programming skills or the use of third-party plugins, which can be time-consuming and require ongoing maintenance. Limited integrations: Moodle may not have as many integrations with other platforms and tools as some other LMSs, which can limit the capabilities and functionality of the platform. Lack of support for mobile devices: Some users have reported that Moodle is not as well-suited for use on mobile devices as some other LMSs, which can be a drawback for students and educators who rely on mobile devices for learning.

Melanie
Melanie
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Reviewed on 19/10/2023

As a student...

I think it's something teachers love for practicality and time, but honestly I miss paper and pens to be in touch with the real world.

Pros

I use moodle since covid, the favorite platform of the universities, at the beginning I found it complicated to use and manage, so it took me time to adapt to the system. Having to remember to log in to put attendance or delivery times stressed me a lot, but I got over it with time and accepted my destiny.

Cons

I don't like that it only sends me notifications when it wants to and not what you ask it to ask for. I find it complicated to find my final grades, I am never clear about my score. On the other hand I hate that I don't have a lot of tolerance time to enter and that in a short time I leave the session.

Response from Moodle

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback. At Moodle, we are constantly working on new ways to improve our solutions to deliver the best learning outcomes. For any technical assistance, you can reach out to Moodle Certified Partners or Service Providers.

Regards,
Moodle

Replied 01/11/2023

Reviewed on 30/07/2018

Moodle has been one of the best tools I have ever implemented in my high school courses!

I think I stated most if not all the benefits in the "pro" section.

It's a great time saver once courses are set up.
I can see the stats on my students' involvement with the various parts of it.
I can cut down paper work by having files submitted electronically.
I can use rubrics of my own design to quickly grade programming assignments
I can mark up PDF submissions on the screen to give feedback.
I can moderate discussions and teach students how to speak in a forum setting.
I can provide more opportunities for students to think and produce more creatively.
I can enjoy creating my own materials!

Pros

Moodle allows me to provided a blended learning environment for my students. I use it for AP Statistics, AP Computer Science A, AP Computer Science Principles, and Integrated Math 1. I can post assignment schedules, additional readings, links to off-site materials, etc. just as I did in my web pages in the past. However, it also allows me to assign "lessons" that my students do interactively online, discussion boards where they have to write their thoughts coherently, and assignments where students upload files for me to review and grade.

It has become an important communication tool for me to use with both students and parents outside school hours. No student can say they forgot their book at school or don't remember the assignment because texts and assignments are online in Moodle. Parents can see what their students are doing in my class academically and not just the grades they receive.

Moodle has become more important to my teaching than the textbook. All resources can be found in one place and students can interact with the materials, each other, and me in class and outside class.

We have even implemented a computer lab and device reservation system for teachers in Moodle which has saved our librarians a ton of hours of work each week.

Cons

Moodle is not intuitive to the novice. It took some time for me to learn how to use its many features and implement them well. I have been doing this for at least 8 years, but I am still learning more about the system and its capabilities.

As the server administrator, doing upgrades has always been problematic. I don't think an upgrade has ever gone smoothly. The reason I stick with it is because I haven't found a LMS that can offer me as much as Moodle. Plus, it's free and we can run it in-house.

karan

Reviewed on 17/12/2022

Best tool for learning management

My overall experience with Moodle has been positive. I have found the platform to be very user-friendly and easy to navigate. I have been able to quickly create and manage my courses, as well as customize them to meet my specific needs. The platform also offers many helpful features, such as activity completion tracking, grade book, attendance tracking, and more. The customer service team has been responsive and helpful when I’ve had questions or needed assistance. Overall, I’ve found Moodle to be a great tool for creating, managing, and delivering course content.

Pros

1. Easy to Use: Moodle's interface is user-friendly and intuitive for both students and instructors. It doesn't require any special technical skills to use the software. 2. Flexible: Moodle is highly flexible and can be customized to meet the needs of most organizations. It offers a variety of features that can be tailored to fit any organization's learning goals. 3. Cost-Effective: Moodle is open-source software, meaning it is free to use. This makes it a cost-effective option for organizations that want to use a Learning Management System without breaking the bank. 4. Secure: Moodle is secure and reliable, ensuring the safety of user data. All data is encrypted, and there are numerous security measures in place to protect against data breaches. 5. Scalable: Moodle is designed to be scalable, making it easy to add more users or features to the system as needed. It can also be used with other systems, such as Google Apps for Education, to create a comprehensive learning environment.

Cons

1. It can take a long time to set up a course in Moodle, especially if the course is large and complex.2. The cost of implementing and maintaining Moodle can be high.3. Moodle does not offer an easy way to integrate with other systems, such as third-party applications or data sources.4. Some features are difficult to find and use.

Arlando

Reviewed on 25/04/2021

Moodle Through a student's eyes

The overall experience using Moodle is good. It great to navigate even if your a first time user and is very effective in online teacher especially during this pandemic.

Pros

I've been using Moodle for three years now. Since the pandemic i had to be using it more frequently to check for assignments, course outlines, discussion forums and due dates. What I enjoy about Moodle is its easy navigations and how organize it is. It also provide a mini calendar that publish the due dates of assignments from different courses. Now here is another plus to this calendar, it takes you directly to the assignment information without you having to go through the hassle of scrolling and looking for the assignment that is due. Also, submissions of assignments are fast and easy as it allows you to upload your document from your device and as simple as 1-2 clicks sometimes and then your finish, and even allow you to edit the submission a few minutes after you initial attempt just incase you made a mistake. The discussion forums on Moodle are very interactive, it makes it easy to read and critique your classmates work and like the submission portal it allows you to edit your responses up to 30 minutes of the initial post.

Cons

What I don't like much about Moodle is that sometimes when there are a lot of users accessing the portal it tends malfunction and bar users from accessing the website. This happens especially when there is a major assignment due and everyone is trying to submit before the deadline ends.

Jim Paul
Jim Paul

Reviewed on 16/06/2021

Moodle as a Platform for Learning Management Systems

I've been using Moodle for quite some time now, and I could say that so far, it has disappointed me. This is the solution educators are looking for to automate their teaching-related tasks. Also, it's the perfect application tool to bridge disconnected learners due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Distance learning has been made easier, more,enjoyable, and activity-filled! This is the future of education and now is the best time to start familiarizing ourselves with learning management systems. Why look for another platform when Moodle is the best. This is open education offered by Moodle making it free and accessible to all regardless of gender, age, status, or race. Keep it up, Moodle. Way to go!

Pros

Moodle has been my go-to platform in building my own offline LMS. Since I got trained about using Moodle, I started loving it especially now that it has been a big help for us teachers to tide over distance education.

I find the features and elements of this software as excellent for developing LMS. The fact that a lot of third party applications can be integrated to it makes this application tool top of the line. Teachers need this to make the teaching and learning process much more convenient and interesting.

With Moodle, teachers can make use of multimedia tools to pique the interest of students for a more meaningful and fun way of learning their lessons.

Cons

To be honest, Moodle is the best LMS software out there. It has all the things an educator needs to integrate ICT in their instruction. However, navigating through different buttons and functions can be a little tricky that anyone who's interested to build their own LMS through this platform should undergo a tedious job of studying and learning tutorials in using it. Although, for a person like me who's not so tech-savvy, I could say that once you get the hang of it, creating your own learning system will be a breeze.

To the company, you can still intensify your customer support to make your tutorial and troubleshooting services available to Moodle LMS enthusiasts to provide ease in using this great education software. Kudos!

Claudine
Claudine

Reviewed on 16/08/2023

Efficient and Engaging LMS

Using Moodle as our go-to LMS ensures that we can reach our employees across 15 different countries. The reporting is great to track the completion for different business units.

Pros

Moodle is constantly upgrading the platform with new and exciting functionalities added. The look and feel are easy to customize.The navigation page is easy for users to search and find courses. Enrolling users is simple. Loading courses is easy.

Cons

There is nothing that I dislike about it.

Skillsoft

Response from Moodle

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback. At Moodle, we are constantly working on new ways to improve our solutions to deliver the best learning outcomes. Discover Moodle 4 's fresh and intuitive user experience and capabilities. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWB6xEOfG1k . For any technical assistance, you can reach out to Moodle Certified Partners or Service Providers.

Regards,
Moodle

Replied 06/09/2023
Wassim
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Reviewed on 10/06/2023

Moodle: a time-tested LMS

Very positive experience. Prefer it over Blackboard in many features.

Pros

The course management features from assignment management (due dates, late assignment tracking, plagiarism testing) to test management and grading tools.

Cons

The performance is sometimes lagging probably because of server contention that might not be related to the software platform itself. But still more evaluation and testing should be considered before assessing the source of the bottleneck.

Reasons for Switching to Moodle

Time tested and more price efficient.

Regards, Moodle