Yodeck Reviews

4.9

4.9
Visit Website

About Yodeck

Yodeck is an award-winning cloud-based digital signage solution that helps organizations of all sizes create amazing digital signs in minutes. Voted #1 easiest to use, it’s a breeze to upload and schedule all types of media,...

4.8

Browse Yodeck Reviews

2,247 of 2,247 reviews
Mischa
Mischa

Reviewed on 30/01/2024

Easy to set up a visitor dashboard.

We are displaying information to our visiting guests and employee's.
Some aerial shots of the building, live traffic and public transport information in addition to the local weather forecast.
For our visiting guests, we have some information about the solar panels and the real time power usage of our building.

Pros

Yodeck is easy to set up, but has a lot of additions if you want to use all the features.
We use the monitor in our business every day, Yodeck is easy to switch on for the ladies at the front desk.
We turn off the monitor every day due to power usage, but if you are less concious about that and want to switch playlists of switch a monitor off depending on the time of the day that is absolutely possible.

Integration with other tools is pretty smooth, you can import URLS to display websites and have live traffic data for example.
I have not had any problems with customer support so far.

Cons

On the free plan, only one monitor is available.
If you do not use a raspberryPi, you have to set it up with a HDMI and a laptop, with a bigger monitor as your 2nd screen. However, sometimes the browser crashes and we have to reset. Takes about a minute before we're up again

Matt

Reviewed on 10/02/2024

Usng Yodeck Digital Signage to support small businesses.

Overall Yodeck provides a solid platform for most all digital signage applications. Easy to integrate customer for content updates, which they love, with minimal training.

Pros

Cost, ease of use, stable performance are most important to me and Yodeck delivers. Creating workgroups a nd tags to manage content for multiple customers,

Cons

Initially scheduling of multiple playlists which has been resolved.

Heddy Patrick
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 11/01/2024

It is a good way to get started for free

My overall experience is great, since I only have one monitor and it is free.

Pros

The system is pretty easy to use if you watch the videos. The best advantage is that you don't need to pay to use one screen and you can experience their software.

Cons

Some apps like youtube and Instagram take a long time to load and just don't load at all sometimes when using a google TV device. Maybe if you use their raspberry pi device it would have no problems.

Top Yodeck Alternatives

Christina
  • Industry: Machinery

Reviewed on 09/12/2023

WYSIWYG Screen Content Manage Done Well

Pros

I love the simplicity of the publishing dashboard. You can literally work the user dashboard from concept to publishing within a couple of minutes in so many cases. I also love that updates can be done from my phone to prepare welcomes for arriving board members, surprise parties for employees who are celebrating high-year milestone service anniversaries, and even put up QR codes for pulse surveys that we need our employees to engage with immediately. Yodeck alsoo allows us to prioritize messages. It also allows us to toggle with how long we want a piece of content to appear on screen compared to another piece which can enable our employees with as much time as they need to receive the message. Multi-Location feature gives a level of detail that I didn’t even know I needed until it was presented to me. Some locations within our footprint don’t need to see certain messages, and this functionality allows us to skip publishing to their location’s device. Being able to customize what content you want to appear on screen is one thing, but the option to run a news banner, weather forecast, and the local time in the corner is icing on the cake. It makes for a dynamic experience, drawing eyes to the screen and creating an interesting and refreshing experience for our employees every time. Finally, sheduling is extremely helpful for initiatives, events and activities that are bound by a window of time, and also convenient for me because I don’t have to physically go back into Yodeck and remove the content myself. It helps ensure messages to our employees don’t get stale.

Cons

Doesn’t include integrations into Microsoft 365 that we want our seamless employees to see or have access to. Also, does not use locations to auto-translate messages.

Staffbase and Appspace

Reasons for Switching to Yodeck

Lowest cost for the best experience. We get everything we need in Yodeck and can easily roll it out across the world to our 30+ sites.
Troy

Reviewed on 05/02/2024

FANTASTIC for our digital signage at the Y!

We switched to Yodeck from Screenly as we were no longer satisfied with the service they provided for the cost they charged. Upon finding Yodeck and discovering that having one monitor on the service is completely free to use, we signed right up. Since then the service has been phenomenal. There have been no outages/problems with the service that I can recall, and everything was so easy to learn and manipulate. Customer support (from the few times I've contacted them with questions) are incredible and very responsive as well. We are currently using Yodeck for free but if we ever expand to multiple monitors I wouldn't have a problem upgrading to a paid plan. It's definitely worth it!

Pros

Yodeck is incredibly easy to use, manipulate, and understand while supporting more file types and media types than any other digital signage service I've seen. We are currently only using one monitor so use the service for free but would have no problem purchasing the plans to support more monitors. The value of the service is worth it. Playlists are super easy to create and manage, and the types of media you can display are numerous. Definitely very satisfied with Yodeck as a service!

Cons

There is nothing that I actively dislike about Yodeck, however I do wish there was a way to put an mp3 in a regular playlist to have backing music. Maybe there is a way to do this that I haven't found yet, but I haven't been able to stick an mp3 in a regular playlist yet.

Brian
  • Industry: Restaurants
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 03/01/2024

Best bang for the buck digital signage

I have had nothing but great experience with them. I have had to reach out to support a couple times and they were always responsive.

Pros

The ease of implementation and the annual licensing cost was very attractive. The sign management interface is clean and easy to understand. I like that you can use your own hardware or if you pay annually the provide it for free.

Cons

Only place I would improve would be on the scheduling side. Separate the date and time files since if you are running it perpetually the date is not necessary in that field. It does create some confusing when setting the schedule.

Raydiant

Reasons for Choosing Yodeck

Much better interface and Skykit does not have a good real-time preview options. Plus for the Skykit solution I had to pay a cellular service to access my devices.

Skykit

Reasons for Switching to Yodeck

Raydiant was much more expensive even though it does has some additional features. The devices on Raydiant were much more expensive as well.
Marc
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 15/01/2024

Yodeck in Company Environment

Pros

It's easy to set up, easy to use and the first screen is free forever!

Cons

The Way you design your split screen and design your templates

Reasons for Choosing Yodeck

We wanted more and more accessible functionality and found everything we needed in Yodeck.

Xibo
Ben

Reviewed on 17/01/2024

Easy to manage and setup

Easy to purchase, easy to setup and install, easy to manage. Well worth the small cost.

Pros

When purchasing the 1 year license we got the players included and opted for the small uplift for the better RPi's. They came with our Wi-Fi details pre-set so we just got them out the box, asset stickered them and put them to work. Managing the players is easy and marketing find the content management much more efficient than our old solution.

Cons

We had to pay import duty on the players as they are not dispatched from within the UK. This was an unexpected cost.

Reviewed on 24/01/2024

Lunchtime for the kids

Pros

Ease of use first of all. I was able to show the secretary how to make updates just once.

Cons

Nothing really, it does exactly what we want it to do

ScreenCloud and Rise Vision

Reasons for Switching to Yodeck

We are a small rural school district and price was number one on the list. Being able to impliment digital signage for the cost of a raspberry pi was an easy pick for us.
Trenton

Reviewed on 01/01/2024

Yodeck on a college campus

Great experience! Easy to use web-based management tool. Display control device auto starts without any issues after power outages.

Pros

Of all the advantages our Yodeck device provides us, the cloud-hosted device management function is the greatest advantage. No more running to each building TV monitor with USB drives to upload slide changes. Thank you!

Cons

The odd video interface cable is difficult and expensive to replace when the provided cord isn't long enough or taken unexpectedly.

Joakim
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Reviewed on 25/04/2023

Perfect solution for easy to manage signage

Pros

Coming from a Windows-based setup with Powerpoint-slides that never autoplayed the way they were supposed to and retired a lot of hands on, Yodeck was a real blessing for our lobby. Running on Raspberry PI was no issues, and the whole setup was done in less than 30 minutes.We can quickly edit our signage, set up layouts that work with our corporate branding, and also use widgets to display news and weather to our visitors. Compared to other systems, I must say that this is a very potent solution that fit our small business perfectly. Scaling it up would be no issue since the management interface is very sleek.

Cons

There is a slight learning curve to the layout designing which might scare a casual user. However, in cases where we felt that we couldn't produce what we required in Yodeck we simply create the slide in Photoshop and upload that and push it to our players, which works very well.

Patrick
Patrick

Reviewed on 09/12/2023

You won't find one cheaper and as easy to use.

Easy to set up, easy to use, easy to manage, easy to do business with. This tool is what every digital signage solutions should look up to.

Pros

When I started shopping for our digital signage solution, I was looking for something powerfull, cheap and easy to use. When I realised that Yodeck was free, packed with all its features, for a single device, it was easy for me to test it, and the more I did, the more I realised that this tool was da bomb.

Cons

There are a lot of features in Yodeck, but the one I was missing was OneDrive for business integration.... and guess what, I've just learned that it's now a thing and I can't wait to give it a try. So, apart from that, the only con is maybe, not enough flexibility with the birthday app, but then again, I was surprised they even had one!

ScreenCloud and OptiSigns

Reasons for Choosing Yodeck

Their interface, although powerfull, is a mess. It was buggy, hard to use, and I was the only one tech savy enough the manage it at my old job. I'm pretty sure they've switched since I left.
Savvy

Reviewed on 06/07/2023

Just the product I was looking for!

I am quite happy with my overall experience. My clients know that they can simply shoot me a message and have me instantly update the content on the screens. They also do not have to worry about turning on and off their screens which they love.

Pros

What I am happy about the most is the fact that I can remotely update the screens and that there is a preview of what is playing on the screens. Having that confirmation that the content that is running is up to date and correct gives me peace of mind.

Cons

I did have a some issues installing the player and having the screens link to the wifi as well as having the screens follow the on/off schedule I set. However, I did reach out to customer service and he was able to assist me in a timely manner.

Screencastify

Reasons for Switching to Yodeck

After signing up for a trial with both companies, I found that the online platform for managing the screens was much easier to use. I appreciated the price point as well.
Christopher
  • Industry: Design
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 09/03/2023

Yodeck! The next best thing in Digital Signage!!

LOVE IT! I have been from SignageLive, to Optisign and now Yodeck....I am definitely going to be buying a subscription for my multiple stores!

Pros

Ease of use, I love the layout feature! Snapping to the grid and ability to preview is wonderful!

Cons

I love working with Brightsign, so I hope they can integrate apps that work well with it.

Reasons for Choosing Yodeck

Usability, it wasn't as user friendly. Apps were stale and overall player insights were not there....

Reasons for Switching to Yodeck

Using the trail and Yodeck being so transparent with using a trail and not being restricted on how many days I get to play with it. Knowing the customers will always pick the company that treats them right. I previously bought a Raspberry Pi Player with Optisign and I spent a fortune....I wish I had know about this I would have just subscribed for the year! That is definitely a PLUS!
Lulay

Reviewed on 18/01/2023

Great value, easy to use and works well

The screenshows are a great way to inform waiting customers about what equipment we have and how they can use our equipment.

Pros

The dashboard is very easy to use and server connection works very well

Cons

Setup was our network was a bit tricky. Had to call the tech support and find cables.

Reasons for Choosing Yodeck

The Spectrio product was clunky, expensive and hard to use - too many parameters , poorly laid out controls, and sadly a bit dated looking. Yodeck makes uploading content easy, straighforward and flexible.

Screenscape and Spectrio

Caleb
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 20/07/2023

Yodeck, the ease of use is what made us switch

Our organization's experience with Yodeck so far, has been nothing but praise and reliability.

Pros

Whoever created and designed yodeck did a phenomenal job. Our experiences with yo deck has been nothing but praise. The user face is easy to use, understand, and to get up and running. On average it took about 5 minutes to set up (we received yodeck players at a minimal cost) and the fact that they offer free yodeck players with a yearly purchase is amazing. The only things we had to do to set up a yodeck player was plug it in, and plug in an ethernet cord. From there using the Remote Management portal on yodeck was a breeze after that.

Cons

The only thing I have found difficult to use is the calendar interface. It gets quite confusing if you have multiple things going on at once, however, it is a very minor issue. The calendar interface could use some TLC but other than that, the product is amazing.

Reasons for Choosing Yodeck

We made the switch due to a lack of support from the company, cost, and unreliability with the product.

Rise Vision

Reasons for Switching to Yodeck

We chose Yodeck for the benefits (mainly free yodeck players), ease of use, and product deployment.
Michal

Reviewed on 15/03/2023

Great value for the price

Pros

Ease of use fot non tech-savyy userssimple pricingfree players with yearly subscriptionglobal console

Cons

not able to script mouse clicks / type via position on screen, only CSS selectors, which makes some webpages with dynamic content not based on css unusable.unable to re-run webscripts on a page

Screenly

Reasons for Choosing Yodeck

overall user experience, stability, ease of use

Screenly

price/value/performance comparison, hands-on UX
Jack
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Reviewed on 19/07/2023

One of the best

We had tried lots of free options for digital signage but they were clunky, hard to configure and not very reliable. This was the sweet spot for us as it was inexpensive but also easy to use and monitor.

Pros

The dashboard where you can see all the stats you need about your entire network of displays is very useful and helpful. There are tons of templates you can choose from to get you started. And I love that I can preconfigure the WiFi settings so that the players connect right when I turn them on!

Cons

Organization of the media elements you create is a little wild. I wish there was a better way to organize the elements by type or category or something else.

MediaShout

Reasons for Choosing Yodeck

Better options for templates and customization

Rise Vision

Price
Christian

Reviewed on 07/09/2020

Digital signeage made easy

With Yodeck we can not only entertain and inform our customers in the waiting areas, but also have the opportunity to provide this service for our customers.

Thanks to the highly scalable structure of the system, not only can small individual solutions be created, but customers with multiple locations and company departments can also be wonderfully supplied.

We are currently working on connecting the shops of several petrol stations to our system built with Yodeck. The test operations for this are already running extremely promisingly.

Pros

The fact that each individual display can be provided with individual content or combined into groups and locations ensures that a wide range of solutions can be implemented.

The schedules and playlists are a particularly powerful tool for delivering the right content to the right place at the right time.
With yodeck this is solved much more efficiently than we know from other systems.

User roles and work areas make it possible for technically less experienced people to provide content for the displays without jeopardizing the security and functionality of the entire system.
Anyone who knows other solutions knows that this cannot be taken for granted.

We are happy to now not only be able to use the various possibilities ourselves, but also to have found an extremely interesting new product for our customers.

Cons

In the beginning, some processes were much more complex, not clearly explained, poorly labeled or misleadingly translated. In addition, some functions that were important to us were missing.

However, since the software is continuously being improved, these problems could gradually be resolved, so that Yodeck has now become a powerful tool at a fair price that flexibly adapts to the needs of the users.

For digital menu boards, we would like to be able to show and hide content in an animated manner and to move it across the screen with keyframes, a timeline or such.

Stewart
Stewart
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Reviewed on 06/11/2023

Yodeck Digital Signage: The Game-Changer at Andrew Johnson Golf Club's Front Door

Walking into Andrew Johnson Golf Club, you're immediately greeted by more than just the friendly staff — an innovative and dynamic Yodeck digital signage platform welcomes you, seamlessly blending technology with the timeless charm of the game.

As a centerpiece in our foyer, the digital signage does more than just catch the eye. It serves as a pivotal source of information, from displaying the club's calendar to detailing the hours of operation. But it doesn't stop there. For our members and guests looking to join in on the competitive fun, the latest tournament updates and scramble information are presented in clear, vibrant visuals, ensuring everyone is in the loop and ready to tee off.

A key feature we particularly appreciate is the real-time course conditions and weather updates. This allows our golfers to prepare for their round with just a glance, setting the tone for an exceptional day on the greens. The user-friendly interface of the Yodeck platform means that our staff can update and manage content with ease, ensuring that information is not just timely but also accurate and well-presented.

Invaluable is not a term we use lightly, but for the Yodeck digital signage at Andrew Johnson Golf Club, it fits perfectly. The versatility and efficiency of the platform have elevated our communication, creating an interactive and engaging experience for everyone who walks through our doors. It's not just a tool; it's an integral part of our club's commitment to excellence and member satisfaction.

We wholeheartedly recommend Yodeck to any establishment looking to enhance their guests' experience with professional, reliable, and state-of-the-art digital signage. For us, it's a clear hole-in-one!

Cons

In the spirit of a fair review, it's worth considering any drawbacks of the Yodeck digital signage platform. However, in the two years since its installation at Andrew Johnson Golf Club, the system has operated flawlessly, with no notable issues to report. The one instance where we required assistance, the hiccup was swiftly and efficiently resolved by their responsive support staff. While some may yearn for a con to weigh against the many pros, our experience has been so positive that finding fault seems more like searching for a needle in a well-kept fairway. Yodeck has proven to be a reliable and robust solution for our digital communication needs.

Dennis
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Reviewed on 26/07/2023

Absolutely love the Yodeck system and support

over three years of experience with less than 1% failure rate

Pros

reliability, we have over 100 Yodeck players through out the city, with a varied level of user experience or skill and once they have a grip on the player options I rarely have to go back to retrain.

Cons

I wish replacement players were shipped quicker.

Christopher

Reviewed on 01/11/2019

Super Easy To use and Setup !!!

We upload the latest news videos from youtube for our industry. we also use it to play product videos as well as sales videos to help promote our products and sales. We have even made some animated logos to go between each video for our company.

Pros

Its so easy to setup and use, simply drag and drop any videos you need and upload them to the Yodeck server, their server then verifies that it is a usable format if not then it will automatically convert it to a usable format that Yodeck recognizes. you can even customize schedules by location. we have 2 stores and both stores have different hours. We have the Sorry we are closed sign pop up when we close by time wise and it helps to get those last minute customers finished up, we have even loaded up some music to help our staff close and clean the store each night. Easily add Banners and even custom tikcer tapes to any of your screens. play videos and slides with ease. you can even set when a video or sale should expire and when new sales start if you are ahead of the game and have them made up already.

Cons

I only wish there were more widgets and not just graphical widgets. I wish that there was a ability to have closed captioning with uploaded videos as well so people across the room can see and read what is being said on the videos that we upload. not even sure if this is possible but it would be a nice addition.

Response from Flipnode

Hello Christopher,

Thank you very much for your feedback. It is greatly appreciated. With respect to you widget suggestion, I wanted to inform you that you can visit the "I suggest you.." section in our support center, where you can post suggestions for new features or upvote exiting ones.

The most popular suggestions are highly probable to be entered in our development cycle and be available in upcoming releases.

Replied 04/11/2019
Ryan
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Reviewed on 01/08/2023

Effective system for managing information delivery in schools

Keeping students and staff informed of news and events is an important aspect of school life. Yodeck allows us to keep everyone in the loop, makes celebrating successes a simple task, and the scheduling functions means much of the day / week / year can be preconfigured to fit the different daily schedules.

Pros

The simplicity of setup is a great draw - having the option of preconfigured Raspberry Pis being delivered, ready-to-display, is a huge plus. It also makes adding additional screens a breeze as budgets allow.

Cons

The web-based interface does take some getting used to, particularly for individuals with less experience navigating directory structures on the web.

ScreenCloud
Brian
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 25/07/2023

Saved me!

Fantastic experience

Pros

I've used many different media players over the last 10 years, mvix, usb, Pi players etc, had issues with all. Managers fumbling with USB drives, proprietary players when die have to buy another for $250 etc, i can create a Yodeck player with raspberry Pi imager anytime i have an issue and have back running in 10 mins. For network issues I install Kasa smart plugs so all i have to do is powercycle the outlet and boom, back online every single time!

Cons

Seriously have no cons at all, it is a fantastic product and very reliable.

Bobby
  • Industry: Wine & Spirits

Reviewed on 13/12/2023

Great software at good cost!

Pros

Very easy to setup. I'm using a super-cheap HP computer connected to a smart TV via HDMI. I was able to lock out all controls on the TV. The PC automatically boots into Yodeck and begins playing with no user intervention required. If we lose power, I get a notification and I get a reminder after a few hours of continued outage. This allows me to check on the player and make sure it recovered. The calendars are great for us as we can use it to display company paid holidays, requested overtime days, and to notify of scheduled outages. Showing KPIs via Powerpoint functionality works very well and really helps show our people what a difference they make in terms of production numbers and dollars. I also like being able to show some regular google news and espn news just so our people don't see it as a boring, static device with none of their interests.

Cons

Instagram functionality seems to be not so good. It could be just me, but I have not been successful with this yet.

While the player will reboot itself after a power outage, the Yodeck software itself seems to not recover gracefully. Usually I have to manually reboot the PC on which its running after power is restored. If I don't, the TV will idle with the Yodeck splash screen but progress no further.