Flipdish Reviews

About Flipdish

Flipdish is an all-in-one POS and restaurant management system powering thousands of restaurants and takeaways around the world. Make life easier by streamlining operations with an intuitive kitchen display system, inventory...

4.7
4.9
4.9

Browse Flipdish Reviews

Jade

Reviewed on 14/02/2020

Excellent support and customer service

Our website and online ordering is powered by Flipdish

Pros

Customer service is excellent; issues I have had in the past have been responded to in a friendly and helpful way, especially by a very efficient [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. Many previous concerns such as daily sales printouts etc have been addressed with the introduction of a new flipdish terminal that makes everything very straightforward now.

Cons

There are one or two small things we would like updated, such as subtotal on order receipts before discount so we can check against till readout, but as Flipdish have been generally very responsive to feedback we're hoping to see small tweaks like this soon.

Response from Flipdish

Hi Jade, thank you for your 5 star review, and kind words. It genuinely delights be to hear you say that we have excellent support and customer service, as this is something we are very passionate about at Flipdish. It's also great to read that our new Terminal has solved many issues for you - that is exactly what good technology should do. As you say, we will continue to listen to and act on our customers' feedback, so thank you for taking the time to give it. Best wishes, Heather, Global Head of Customer Success @ Flipdish

Replied 12/03/2020
  • Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 12/09/2019

Chipmongers App on Flipdish

We have an excellent performing consumer App thanks to Flipdish bringing in sales for our customers daily and weekly.

Pros

Great support and business understanding from the Team in Flipdish which made the setup and implementation easy when it came to our App. The software is rock solid and very stable, the Admin is easy to use and intuitive and from a consumers point of view the Flipdish App is the best on the market, getting the consumer to order in just a few short steps and makes the payments option seamless and secure.

Cons

Nothing we have found not to like in this software in 4 years of using the App.

Response from Flipdish

Hi Michael, it is great to hear that Musgrave (Chipmongers) find the Flipdish App the best on the market, with great support and business understanding from the team in Flipdish. That is fantastic feedback to hear, thank you. Best, James, Co-Founder @ Flipdish

Replied 15/11/2019

Reviewed on 26/08/2023

Stay well clear of these scoundrels!

Cons

My advice stay well clear from this company called “Flipdish” Completely destroyed our established restaurant, nothing works seamlessly as they promised before signing up.
No one takes responsibility and you’ll have to deal with all their technical issues yourself, Such a stressful experience, wish I had never signed up.
I had to just quit after investing in their start up fees and overpaying paying for tablets and printers, I had been dragged along for over two months with lies, what a relief to leave Flipdish.

Top Flipdish Alternatives

Neil

Reviewed on 07/05/2019

Perfect takeaway app

Without question the best part of Flipdish is their customer service, and ease of access to that service. Superb from start to finish and you’re treated like you matter and not just another client. The app itself has 100% uptime and I haven’t received any negative customer feedback about it.

Pros

The flexibility and speed at which items can be added / removed to the menu, and instant push notifications are brilliant for directly communicating with customers.

Cons

A personal dislike for me is that I am not a fan of how the menu is laid out and that the menu is automatically collapsed. That means when a customer adds something, and you go back to the menu, you’re doing a lot of scrolling. A better solution to my mind is having menu subtitles a customer can click on, which opens / closes that section of the menu.

Response from Flipdish

Hi Neil, wow, thank you for calling us the "perfect takeaway app"! What a glowing recommendation. If we can help at all, please let us know. Best, Heather, Head of Customer Success @ Flipdish

Reviewed on 23/03/2018

Very good, great staff, easy to manage, lower percentage rates and essentially a white label.

ease of use, cheaper rates, our own app without the hassle.

Pros

Customer Service is top.
Nice and easy App for customers.
Obviously lower percentage taken.
Great companion website.
Speed of corrections and change to menus.

Cons

Device in store may need updating to something similar to just eat. but only a minor issue and this would then set the standard for operations. however I understand it might then need to increase the percentage. So if that's the case then no.

Response from Flipdish

Hi Michael, thanks so much for your great review! It's terrific to hear that you have found our customer service to be top class and the app & websites to be very user friendly for both your Remos Pizza and Brooklyn Burger customers. We're considering lots of different options for device upgrades in future; we will be sure to keep you updated! Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback, we really appreciate it. If we can help at all, just let us know. Best, Heather Customer Success @ Flipdish

Stephen

Reviewed on 30/03/2018

Have had this for a year now, could not fault it in anyway, has driven my business by about...

Pros

I now have a very simple way of rewarding my customers for their loyalty, it's all automatic, for every 10th order they get 11th free, therefore its an incentive for them to come to my business instead of one of my competitors. Ordering is so simple, it cuts down on staff time answering the phone to take a customers order, and also cancels out any chance of the order being taken down incorrectly. I can also see the most popular items that are selling on a daily weekly basis.

Cons

As of yet I have no dislikes with this software, any issues I have from time to time with cancelling a customer order has always been dealt with in a very timely manner

Response from Flipdish

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for your amazing review. Wow, we're so happy to read how much Flipdish has helped grow your business and drive up sales by 20%. That is fantastic and what we want to achieve and more for every customer! If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch!

Sabina

Reviewed on 22/03/2018

Very easy to deal with

Customer increase

Pros

If there is an issue it gets resolved very quickly. If its something that cannot be resolved right away team keep us updated
Great customer support/service.

Cons

We didn't come across anything bad so far. The only thing is the machine would sometimes loose the signal and the order wouldn't come through right away .

Response from Flipdish

Hi Sabina,

I can't thank you enough for your kind review of Flipdish. I'm delighted to hear of the great customer support you've received, and how Flipdish has increased your customer business.

I'm sorry to hear that the printer sometimes lost signal - I was going to say to let us know on [email protected] in future so we can investigate, however with your new POS integration, that's no longer relevant for you!

Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with.

Thanks,

Reviewed on 06/04/2020

Online excellence

Flipdish is a company that’s not been appropriated enough
1 very friendly staff always ready to help
2 rates are very good and don’t effect my margins much
3 the platform is just as good if not better than other market leaders
4 their constantly updating and upgrading

Pros

I found it very user friendly and it’s extended features are very useful and gives you control over your offerings it’s a great system

Cons

I’ve no issues with Flipdish or the service that they provide

Tom
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 19/01/2017

Would highly recommend this

I tried tens of options and the consumer experience of Flipdish is unmatched. Setup was fast. The automated loyalty and retention systems very useful as they take care of themselves and don't need me to do any extra work.

Our collection business is doing really well with the app - really helps manage the lunch time rush.

Pros

Quick setup
Good features for loyalty and retention campaigns
Full access to customer data
Discount vouchers are useful

Cons

We email in menu changes. Would be nice to be able to make these ourselves but so far all changes have been made in under a day.

Response from Flipdish

Hello Tom,

Thanks so much for your review. We're delighted to hear you would highly recommend Flipdish and are loving the marketing features and how it helps you manage the lunchtime rush. Yes we agree it would be really convenient for you to make menu edits, so you'll be very excited to hear that we have a new look menu editor coming very soon! I will keep you updated! If there's anything I can do make your experience even better, please email us at [email protected] and we'd be happy to help!

Daniele

Reviewed on 29/03/2018

Super quick and very easy to use

Pros

We like very much all the marketing features, it's very quick to order and from an owner point of view, we have access to all we need to control our business. Customer service is spot on... thanks to the team!

Cons

As any software, it needs improvements to accommodate everyone needs... some bits are missing or need to be implemented, but the team is very supportive and they are keen to develop new features that are important for restaurants' owners to make the software even better.

Response from Flipdish

Hello Daniele,

Thanks so much for your review. We are very happy to hear you're finding Flipdish to be a great online ordering system for your restaurant customers, with good reporting and spot on customer service. We are very keen to keep improving our software and I know you will be just as excited as us with some of the new features we have coming this year! If there's ever anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Reviewed on 13/03/2019

Flipdish

I have a greater number of prospective customers who use the Flipdish app and our integration is working well at the moment.

Pros

The app is easy to use with a user friendly interface. The reporting is detailed with a simple summary delivered every week, so analysis can be as detailed or general as you would like. Integrations work well and require minimal maintenance so it can work in tandem with multiple software apps.

Cons

Not much, most issues I had have since been resolved, which gives me confidence that any future issues will be remedied in a timely manner.

Response from Flipdish

Hi David, thanks for the 10/10 score. We appreciate your feedback. Regards, Conor, CEO @ Flipdish

Jim

Reviewed on 29/11/2018

Ginos diner

Never had a problem that they didn't fix or couldn't fix for me , their service is top standard

Pros

So staff friendly and reliable and complete package for customers

Cons

Nothing this software is easy to use and reliable

Response from Flipdish

Hi Jim, Thank you for your 5 star review. Glad to read you see our service as top standard - we believe this is something that makes us stand out from the crowd, so it's nice to see that recognised. If we can help, please let us know. Thanks, James, Co-Founder @ Flipdish

Replied 21/06/2019
Harpreet

Reviewed on 11/07/2018

Very handy to use and excellent customer service.

Pros

Easy to use. Everything i needed to run the day to day business is there already. Customer service always good always available on phone.

Cons

Nothing really. Everything i want is there. Never had any major issues.

Response from Flipdish

Hi Harpreet,

Thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review! We always love helping you and the team at Bombay Pantry, it's our pleasure

Replied 25/08/2018
Paolo

Reviewed on 12/04/2018

Amazing, cusotmer reps have really been A1 with us since we joined Flipdish.

Pros

It doesn't give problems like Zuppler does!!! Easy to use and great after hours service on the phone, easy for customers to use and no complaints as of yet, and a well managed loyalty system.

Cons

Webpage design is very basic and templated like all other Flipdish clients you have. It would be great to be offered something more unique and a propert croppered around logo on the webpage without a white box around our logo, also a tablet that lets take privy to offline and lets us go offline at busytume instead of having to call, like just eats tablets!!

Response from Flipdish

Hi Paolo,

Thank you for your 5 star review. We're delighted that you're finding your Flipdish experience to be A1 so far, and that in particular the loyalty system has been proving so beneficial. We are continually making updates to our website and hardware, and we will be sure to let you know as upgrades become available. Thanks again for your wonderful feedback. If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Kim

Reviewed on 10/01/2020

Great Service and Product from Flipdish

great customer service. Love the fact I can actually talk to someone and not have to hold forever. Some other providers have email only support which can be very frustrating.

Pros

Easy to use. Took over my out of date website and great customer services when I did get stuck

Cons

There was no cons for us. It was very easy to set up

Response from Flipdish

Hi Kim, thank you for your 5 star review, we really appreciate it. Yes I agree, it's nice to be able to speak to a human when you need some help! And we are always just on the other end of the line for you. We are excited and proud to work with you - thank you for trusting us with your business. Best wishes, Heather, Global Head of Customer Success @ Flipdish

Replied 12/03/2020
Cyrous

Reviewed on 21/06/2019

Flipdish Review

No hidden charges like the others and honest people they are

Pros

Easy to communicate with all the staff who are so helpful always

Cons

There is nothing to say in this section

Response from Flipdish

Hi Cyrous, thank you for your 5 star review - we appreciate it. Regards, James Co-Founder @ Flipdish

Replied 11/07/2019
Erika
  • Industry: Food Production

Reviewed on 07/11/2018

Excellent

I like it overall excellent software

Pros

Easy to use, promotions, easy to read receipt

Cons

Not many possibilities of time to select

Response from Flipdish

Hi Erika,

Thank you for your 5 star review - we appreciate it.

Regards,
Conor
CEO @ Flipdish

Replied 20/11/2018
erika

Reviewed on 08/05/2019

review

I always satisfied, the staff is just lovely

Pros

easy to use and very helpful staff, always there

Cons

we receiving order for our other branch store and it is confusing

Response from Flipdish

Hi Erika, thank you for your 10/10 review. Great to hear that it is easy to use, and that our staff are very helpful. I will be sure to pass on your kind words. Thank you, James, Co-Founder @ Flipdish

Declan

Reviewed on 24/11/2018

Excellent

Pros

So easy to use what you are sold is even better than you would expect

Cons

Nothing is bad about this product customers have commuso many times about how good it is

Response from Flipdish

Hi Declan,

Thanks for your 5 star review. Great to hear your customers keep telling you how good it is. If we can help, please let us know Best, Conor CEO @ Flipdish

Replied 18/06/2019
Kate

Reviewed on 20/07/2018

my flipdish app has just made ordering for my customers so much easier!

Too many to list

Pros

I like that I get emails to notify me if orders have come in, so I don't miss orders even when I'm out on the road.

Cons

There is nothing really , the only small thing I would say is it would be handy if you could update delivery & collection in one go but other than that I'm finding the system a great asset to my company

Response from Flipdish

Hi - thanks for your 5 star review :) You've a very nice business built up, well done!

Co-Founder @ Flipdish

Replied 25/08/2018
Erika

Reviewed on 15/03/2018

excellent, very helpful

Pros

Easy to use for us.

Cons

No choice for longer time request for us to select when customer request for 3 or 4 hours later, everything else is fine

Response from Flipdish

Hello Erika,

Thanks so much for your great review. I am delighted to hear that you find Flipdish so easy to use in your Mao Lucan store.

We are always looking for ways to improve at Flipdish, so I've passed on your suggestion to our product team.

Thank you again for your wonderful comments!

Mariana

Reviewed on 26/03/2018

Really nice team behind of all the machines.

Pros

Very easy to use and to be in touch with your costumers. Thank you for making our work les stressful.

Cons

I don't have any problems with this software , very happy with the way haw it is. Well done Flipdish team.

Response from Flipdish

Hello Mariana,

Thanks for the kind words! It's always a pleasure to hear such wonderful comments about our software and staff

Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with!

Anna

Reviewed on 02/07/2018

Flexible, unique, easy to use

Pros

Great to have takeout software integrated into our own website.
Easy to use forums that allow you to alter products, discounts etc - great flexibility.
Customer service has been second to none - Rep is a credit to the company.

Cons

Increased focus on the chefs notes on the printed order docket would be beneficial.
We hope for the software to become integrated into our captiva POS as promised.

Response from Flipdish

Hi Anna, Thanks so much for your amazing review, and for making me blush a little! It's our absolute please to work with you and all the team at Benitos. I will be in touch about the captiva POS integration, as we do have a number of customers currently using this. Let us know if you need anything else! Best, Heather, Customer Success @ Flipdish

Replied 12/07/2018
Roji Ninan

Reviewed on 25/06/2021

The best food ordering app

Very positive

User friendly
Can update easily

Cons

Once placed the order there is no option to change the order

Anthony

Reviewed on 26/08/2018

Fuel cafe

The switch was easy and smooth. The guys have been great and very personable to deal with. Let's hope the customer usage keeps growing from here!

Pros

Ease of use, clarity and customer service.

Cons

Nothing to do the software it's really good. Strategies to move and convince an audience to use the app could be something to work on. We're able to manage this but maybe other customers aren't able to attract the audience.

Response from Flipdish

Hi Anthony, thanks for your 5 star review. Our customer success team are a great resource to help with strategies to convince an audience to use the app. If you haven't already spoken to Heather & the team, I would encourage you to get in touch. They are the BEST and always very happy to help.

Many thanks,