About ESET Endpoint Security

ESET Endpoint Security is an on-premise and cloud-based anti-malware and security suite for small, midsize and large businesses. Primary functionality includes anti-malware, remote management, endpoint security, file security,...

Browse ESET Endpoint Security Reviews

Robert M. Robert M.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 20/04/2021

Removes infections others do not.

Have found ESET support to be responsive and knowledage. We have met the UK head of sales a few times at various events and it has always been a pleasure.

Pros

We are partnered with ESET as their product range has a very virus detection rate combined with a low system impact. Quite often we have customers bring in computers running other AV software and we use ESET to remove infections.

Cons

The ERA console is very flexable but can be overly complex for most use cases. Would be nice to see a better implementation of the user interface, perhaps a wizzard system. This does not affect end users though.

Panda Adaptive Defense 360

Reasons for Choosing ESET Endpoint Security

Trends virus detection rate at the time was not so good.

Reasons for Switching to ESET Endpoint Security

Price and previous good histroy with ESET.
Wisani e M. Wisani e M.

Reviewed on 22/10/2021

True Cyber Terminator

It started with my personal computer to business as selling partner to large organisation and the satisfaction was found amongst the clients I sold off the products.

Pros

I have move to ESET when we were have the virus called Recycler . The success I had against that virus I started to learn more about other ESET products and later became partner with them and sell these products to large companies and I have never heared them complaining meaning it gives peace of mind.

Cons

As like any other products they have their weakness and two identified weakness it makes computers slower and secondly some threats they cant be detected but other products detect such threats.

Jojo S. Jojo S.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 17/09/2020

they have gotten worst especially the Mgmt Console Version 7.x.x

the management console, tasks, installers and detection. it is the worst i've ever seen. i've been using this software since it came out less than 2 decades ago but that's about it. started switching to Cylance and adding Malwarebytes (cloud version is really great on this one)

Pros

nothing since the moved to Version 7.x.x

Cons

all of it especially the module, agent, installers and tasks. it is really a piece of garbage

Top ESET Endpoint Security Alternatives

McAfee Endpoint Security

Norton AntiVirus

AVG Antivirus Business Edition

Zaza E. Zaza E.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 12/05/2021

ESET Endpoint Security

Overall I have good experience with eset. Very good server management. Very good installed software management. Very good logging.

Pros

Very easy to use, useful, fast, intuitive, hight speed

Cons

Sometimes fail to upgrade server side. Hard to implement user agents.

McAfee Endpoint Security

Very bad server side

Reasons for Switching to ESET Endpoint Security

Best price. Very good server side. Good antivirus. Good user side. Low PC load.
André L. André L.
  • Industry: Chemicals

Reviewed on 09/11/2021

Reliable and with a good viruses database

Very good experience, updated database, excelent real time protection, even against bots, ransomwares, I did not have any kind of security problem using this software.

Pros

The viruses database is one of the most complete and updated of the market, did not have any kind of problem using the real time protection, even on the most critical scenarios and new viruses.

Cons

The price compared with the other peers are not so good, and the deployment through a network is not so easy.

Reasons for Switching to ESET Endpoint Security

The always updated viruses database and the overall protection.
Alain jove R. Alain jove R.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 07/02/2021

A good choice to keep viruses at bay

Overall, the product suits my needs especially in terms of managing a relatively small network of computers. The essential functions are present to prevent intrusion, and tying it up with the default firewall as well as tweaking router settings suits just fine in preventing unwanted websites and pop ups from appearing in in your screen, and sifting through websites with anomalous content.

Pros

There's a ton of anti virus and anti malware apps already online, but one reason why I used this product is for its simplicity and for its being lightweight, and not to mention the pricing. Doing system maintenance can be a daunting task, and waiting for boot scans to finish can be time consuming especially with a lot of tasks on the to do list. Yes, I do boots cans once a month to ensure that my security software can reach the deepest caverns of my computer because with all the phishing, malware, ransomware, and viruses lingering online, it's better to make this precautions than fall prey to it.

I also find it very handy using the malware scan through the browser, which is optional but can be easily changed in the settings. Along with the default Windows Firewall of Windows 10, I feel my system a lot safer, because apparently using only the latter isn't sufficient enough to keep those bad entities at bay.

Cons

Although pricing is way better than others, it is limited to some functionalities. And an advanced user might consider switching to other products if one is looking for other add-ons especially for those who have high browsing and other internet activities.

Reasons for Switching to ESET Endpoint Security

At that time, there were a few security products that have false positives in tagging searched elements as viruses or malware and one of them is Kaspersky. Although, the default settings can be changed, I was looking for something less stricter but is efficient in weeding out bad rootkit elements, which led me to ESET.
Malinda S. Malinda S.
  • Industry: Government Relations

Reviewed on 29/10/2019

The best anti-virus software for business

I have been using eset anti-virus software for 3+ years and my experience so far is really positive. As a company we have never faced any virus/malware infection from the day we started using it and it is doing a great job for these 3+ years. First we used the 30-day trial and then we got that it is the right choice. My overall experience of using eset anti-virus software is really positive and I would like to recommend anyone who is willing to use an anti-virus software which works flawlessly almost 100% of the time and it is the best on the market currently.

Pros

There are many ways that a computer can get infected with spyware, viruses, and malware. Among those downloads from internet, email attachments and removable media are the main ways. Normally one railway station has at least 10 computers and those contain sensitive information. These computers are connected to the internet and can be infected from viruses at anytime easily. Viruses can steal passwords, get access to sensitive information, damage files, monitor user's activities and make frequent computer crashes.If one computer get infected, the other computers connected to the network affected too. For all these problems, company decided to use an anti-virus protection to safeguard the PCs. Few years back we have decided to switch to eset anti-virus software. The installation was really easy. That is the most stable and effective anti-virus software I have ever used. Eset runs in the background without hassling me. It doesn't ask me to run a security check/ restart the pc while I'm doing another work. I love the way that it handles everything about security of the pc. It doesn't degrade the performance of my computer while scanning and it intelligently identify threats without blocking other programs. The pretty user interface with “You are protected” sign tells me that everything is fine at one glance.

Cons

To be honest, I don't have anything against eset. The license is bit costly but the price is really worth for the security that we get. It is absolutely easy to use.

Keith W. Keith W.

Reviewed on 07/01/2021

Quality product that you can rely on.

So good I recommend it to our clients.

Pros

It doesn’t slow machines down like other Anti virus products.
It is easy to install & forget about, knowing you are protected.
The company is quick to respond to any issues and if support is required they are extremely helpful eve IF it turns out that it isn’t their product that is causing the issue.

Cons

I would like a bit more malware specific scans built Into the product.

Intercept X Endpoint

Reasons for Choosing ESET Endpoint Security

Panda slowed down our machines.

Reasons for Switching to ESET Endpoint Security

Cost & based on a trials we preferred the simplicity & speed of ESET.
Binoy N. Binoy N.
  • Industry: Medical Practice
  • Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 29/01/2021

Solid security offered for the asking price, but could be more aesthetically pleasing

I think it's mixed. It wasn't always pleasant and I had to switch to other antivirus programs.

Pros

I have used a lot of antivirus software in quite a few systems with varying specifications and I can tell that Eset is at least not resource hogging as Norton. This was the reason I switched to Eset at first. But I found better software later.

Cons

Though it is faster than Norton and doesn't use as much resources, there are better one's out there.
Though this happened in the Windows XP era, Eset still couldn't protect my pc all those years back when I made the switch from Norton.
Another thing I don't like is the very 'plain' UI. Not very aesthetically pleasing.

Norton AntiVirus

Reasons for Switching to ESET Endpoint Security

I got a better deal, a coupon code that offered a high discount. And it was recommended by my uncle.
Suhailah S. Suhailah S.

Reviewed on 07/07/2021

Must have security software for any computer

Pros

ESET Endpoint Security is the best option for a non technical user or people that do not want to deal with the security of their computer in the daily basis, as this software only need a one time setting and you practically will never have to even monitor the setting anymore. It is the best defender for any computer.

Cons

The software update will take forever to finish download, even when my internet is very fast and stable. It seem those factor did not helpful when downloading the update. The scanning process will slowing down the computer a bit, but not a real problem as i always schedule it running at midnight when i am not using my computer.

Eddie D. Eddie D.

Reviewed on 30/09/2019

ESET is a good product

General viruses are being caught. It gives us peace of mind knowing there is an active system looking out for our devices.

Pros

I like how easy it is to set up and it integrates with our environment nicely. The cost was very reasonable versus many of its competitors.

Cons

There have been hiccups in the upgrades with the management server and the licensing but over time and a little finesse we overcame and it is working quite nice.

Kevin J. Kevin J.

Reviewed on 26/02/2020

First Hand Experience

Once the product was initially configured and installed, it performs exactly like I expected it to. After several upgrades, it became easier to update all endpoints centrally which I really like.

Pros

The centralized management console and ability to push updates to endpoints really saved a lot of time.

Cons

Reporting function is a little confusing and sometimes frustrating trying to generate a new report. But this is a minor complaint and has not stopped me from continuing to use the product.

Thai M. Thai M.

Reviewed on 27/02/2020

Great, but with learning curve.

It's a great option to protect devices on your network. Just go through all of the settings with a fine tooth comb first to make sure all is working.

Pros

I have lots of confidence that this software protects my system from viruses and attacks in real time. Great analytics options to view traffic and attempts.

Cons

There is a learning curve on properly setting up rules on your network. I've had traffic on a range of devices stop working because the default firewall settings defaulted to blocking them.

Ashley R. Ashley R.

Reviewed on 31/05/2018

Great value! Does its job without affecting the functionality of my computer!

Security, no interruptions, no bugs.

Pros

I love that this security software doesn't "bug" me. It doesn't pop up and request to run. It doesn't block certain programs while they scan. It doesn't hassle me while I'm trying to work. I am currently running a Mac computer, but I have also used this on a PC and I can say with definitive sincerity that it is the BEST security program for PCs that I have EVER used. I was so accustomed to security programs popping up in the middle of a document or webinar demanding that I: a) restart b) run a security check c) update software -- STOP! Thank goodness this program runs quietly and efficiently in the background. I never even notice that it's there!

Cons

Not a single con to mention here. It does its job without making a fuss. I believe it is also cheaper than other programs around.

William (bill) E. William (bill) E.
  • Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Reviewed on 18/04/2018

Excellent IT Security absolutely the best on the market

I do not worry about any back door activity when I have all of my systems secured with ESET. I do a lot of Geological / Chemistry related research that is directly connected to Environmental and Gem Businesses. I can not afford to loose all of my data because of some mal-content malignant sociopath. ESET is the ONLY Security software that I trust.

Pros

ESET stays on TOP of the cybersecurity issues. I never have to worry about ESET dropping the ball and trashing my systems. I have been using ESET since 2010 and have never looked back.

Cons

I would like a little more notice BEFORE we have an update, I have numerous Lap Tops and Desktops that I use on a daily basis. I would really like to know when to expect a new up-grade, I do all of my own IT work and it puts a dent in my schedule if I have to stop all of my regular activities when I get a surprise update.

Matthew G. Matthew G.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 11/05/2021

This is an AV tool for people who just want to tick the checkbox that they have AV

ESET was a decent solution and it worked as advertised. This tool however is simply not as feature rich as other solutions I have used since then and I would only consider this for very simple and small network deployments.

Pros

As an AV solution, it works as advertised, and I found it intuitive to work with the client and server deployment tools.

Cons

The tools are easy enough to get around in, but deployment was sometimes difficult. I've worked with many other solutions through the years from Kaspersky, Symantec, McAfee, Norton, AMP, etc... and this simply felt like it was made to do one thing, which it does well, but also means that I had to look elsewhere for better solutions for other security solutions.

Nigel R. Nigel R.

Reviewed on 15/10/2020

Good & reliable

Good. Happy with it.

Pros

Does the job and provides the security required. No issues except a 'clash' with my VPN which took time to resolve

Cons

Blocking sites I know are good and safe.

Zuhair B. Zuhair B.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 10/04/2018

Eset - One of the most effective anti-virus software

I have been using Eset since the past 11 years and while I have tried Norton, Mcafee, Avast and host of other anti-virus. I found Eset the most effective and stable (zero crashes). It works silently in the background and is not resource hungry like most other antiv-virus softwares. Its auto update feature has never crashed (but lets you know if you have not connected to the internet in a while that it needs to update), highly intelligent so its threat detection rate has been 100% and it has never annoyingly blocked an innocent program.

Pros

Live detection of all virus intrusions arriving via email or download
Works silently in the back ground
Uses low system resources.
User friendly interface
Ensures a safe virus free environment for your PC with 100% detection rate.

Cons

Subscription prices seem to go up every two years. The product is not featured in the top anti virus programs.

Reviewed on 17/04/2019

The only antivirus I paid for

I'm on my sixth year of having ESET protect my desktop and my laptop. The only thing I didn't try is their Android app, as I don't keep any sensitive data on my smartphone and I'm very careful with what I install. Truly recommend it to anyone that wants their computer protected while not having an intrusive app installed.

Pros

I've tested many antiviruses so far and switched between free/paid tiers for the most popular ones (Avira, Avast). However, ESET's antivirus is the only one I sticked with and keep paying yearly for. I've never had a virus/malware infection since using it, and the best thing I like is its small footprint. You barely notice it running.

Cons

In all honesty I use mostly the antivirus from the Endpoint Security Suite, and I would've kept paying only for that if it wasn't for a discount offered by them.

Mike H. Mike H.
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Reviewed on 17/04/2018

Easy to setup and administer, and absolutely the most effective antimalware around.

Absolute protection for my clients. Easy to setup and administer. Renewals are a breeze.

Pros

Easy to install and configure. Profiles facilitate configuration readily. Having used many other brands in past, I know ESET is the best available for sound antimalware protection. In over 10 years selling, installing and managing ESET environments for clients, we've NEVER had a malware infection, nor ransomware. Available on multiple platforms, Linux, Windows, Mac makes it easy to have 'one stop shopping' for most clients, and multiple configurations for SMBs or single user or enterprise user makes the sale a breeze.

Cons

For Canadians, support was a bit slow but has now improved with the Canadian Sales office. Sales responses were slow but have improved the base 6 months.

Jevene S. Jevene S.

Reviewed on 03/05/2018

I learned about ESET 10 years ago - best anti-malware/antivirus on the market

haven't had to worry about computer getting infected; good quality protection and good price point. Easy to install, updates regularly. Good customer service.

Pros

I have never had a problem with virus/worm/malware since installing. It is easy to install/activate, and when an old laptop died (due to age, not virus etc), it was easy to transfer the license to my replacement laptop. It updates automatically and regularly, while I am working, without interfering with current processes

Cons

This software was recommended to me by a computer repair specialist, who said this is what he and his colleagues used. I am a solo business owner, only run a single computer, not a network, can't comment on larger systems; can't really think of anything negative to say.

Scott M. Scott M.

Reviewed on 17/04/2018

I have tried every other program out there, this one CLEARLY stands out as the BEST!

Peace of mind. I can sleep at night and NEVER worry about looking over my shoulder wondering if I am succeptable to an infiltration. I know my clients ARE protected. Having 1 less thing for them to worry about gives them the freedom to become more effective!

Pros

VERY cost effective, small footprint, very easily managed and deployed. Admin console is perfect for managing enviornment. Frequently updated, NEVER has let me down in 12+ years. REally could write a book about Eset, cannot say enough about how great it is.

Cons

NOTHING. I cannot think of even a single thing that even comes close to me having a problem with. Well maybe the fact that I cannot renew it for more than 3 years at a time! LOL! If I could, I would license it for 10 years at a time or more if possible!

Bill B. Bill B.

Reviewed on 09/11/2018

Full coverage anti-malware

I have needed support a couple of times as I implemented the product. Support has been responsive and helpful. I felt like i got a Level 3 engineer right away. I didn't need to escalate up to someone who knew the answers, my first contact was capable. Their MSP licensing is easy to manage and billed daily which is great for a dynamic environment.

Pros

I chose ESET for my MSP business because the product offers not only anti-virus but network, web and email security as well. It manages to remain light on system resources while having a comprehensive feature set. So far performance has been excellent, both in system utilization and accuracy of action taken against attacks. ESET has a business friendly management suite that helps to configure and maintain a large number of endpoints.

Cons

Settings are configured as sets of policies, and applied to computers as members of groups. This can be powerful, but also complex. Sometimes knowing which policy is the controlling one is not obvious. Something like an effective net policy settings report would be helpful.

Sajith prasad S. Sajith prasad S.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 14/11/2018

ESET takes care of everthing.

As someone who works in the network security domain I personally know that how hard it is to find a good security product that protects end users from threats without compromising performance of the devices. ESET Endpoint Security is thebest solution for those who are facing the same problem I used to face a long time ago.

Pros

What I liked most about ESET Endpoint Security was that it does not make your computer slow. Since it does not run in the background in a bad manner user does not even feel like there is a security software installed in the computer.

Cons

For bulk purchasing, I had to contact third parties. I would like to contact ESET when I want to purchase a large amount of licensed products instead of dealing with a third party seller.

Ned H. Ned H.

Reviewed on 17/04/2018

We have been using and selling since forever.

Protection for computers in the shop and profits from its sales.

Pros

Once installed it works seamlessly. The 'vulnerability' window with ESET is short, between the arrival on the Internet of a new threat and ESET's updating it's protection data base is usually only a few days or less.
Also, clueless customers are over challenged by the ESET interface leading to more sales from us.

Cons

When an ESET product crashes it can be REALLY tough to fix. When uninstalling, reinstalling an ESET product some of the products that one thinks of as PUP removers can be seen by ESET as a conflicting anti-virus product.
ESET needs to enhance warnings to an unwary user regarding undesirable software.