About WebTitan

WebTitan is a cloud-based internet security solution that monitors for viruses, ransomware, malware and more. It also provides web and DNS filtering control and is suitable for large and midsize businesses across all industries. ...

Browse WebTitan Reviews

Frank C.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 08/07/2021

Worth the Money.

We have increased productivity. We have been able to see this and track this since installing the software. The [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has also seen this and has recommended the software to several other vendors we have business relationships with.

Pros

We were looking for something to protect users both remote and in the office while also increasing production by blocking time wasting sites.

Webtitan is one of several we looked at and it fit what we were looking for. The product was simple to setup and is easy to manage. We have customized alerts for when a user accesses restricted sites and have created keys to allow 1 time use of the site or if we need to white listing a domain is very simple to use. We have all departments from Finance, Customer Service and CEO Executive all with their own security groups and restrictions. Webtitan also restricts access to malicious or suspicious sites which has come in handy a dozen times in the last several months.

Cons

I have encountered zero issues with the software, or support team.

Jason R.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 22/11/2019

Top Notch DNS Filtering

There was no pressure to purchase the software. The trial started out for a week and one email to rep to see if we could have more time and before we were off the phone it was extended to a month. While headquarters is not located in the USA, have had no issues getting a hold of a live person to talk to. Great company to deal with.

Pros

Documentation is step by step. If it isn't in the documentation calling support quick and easy. Before purchasing the software I used the trial. To test support, called in and told them I was just evaluating the software and had questions. They didn't hesitate to answer any and all questions. Being able to talk to the ones that deal with the software daily and pick their brains was excellent.

Cons

Honestly, nothing to complain about. Switched from another software DNS filtering that didn't work and spent more time troubleshooting, switching to WebTitan was a dream.

Response from TitanHQ

Jason thanks a million for your kind WebTitan review and I'm delighted that our DNS filtering has been "Top Notch" for you.
Cheers for the shout out for the support team - I'll pass on the good news, they'll be chuffed.
Welcome on board!
Dryden Geary,
TitanHQ

Replied 28/11/2019
Michael O.
  • Industry: Utilities

Reviewed on 13/11/2020

Delcora Review

My overall experience has been positive. There aren't to many false positive pages being blocked, which I expect there to be some. Allowing websites through the filter is quick enough that I don't get complaints.

Pros

The biggest pro I have is the app for laptops being off-network. I have tried many other products and this is a feature they had, said it works but it never did. I finally found an app that works and it works well. The other pro is many other products I used tried to stuff as many features in as they could, however for-getting the big picture is to filter internet traffic. WebTitan focusses on filtering the internet traffic and thigs seem to be designed around it.

Cons

The one aspect of the software is changing the dns setting in order to recognize user names.

Top WebTitan Alternatives

• Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 06/02/2018

Effective, Inexpensive, and Relatively Easy to Use.

Reduced spam, reduced viruses. User-controlled management of spam.

Pros

It does a good job of blocking spam and malicious content. The customized emails that can go out to individual users makes management so much easier. The support, when needed, is very good and very responsive; with what seems to be domestic resources to assist.

Cons

The only complaint I have is that there is not a "greylisting" override. Specifically, when a mail is expected, but is the first time being received by a specific email address, you need to wait upwards of 10 minutes (depending on the other party's server settings). I wish there was some sort of queue or override to get around this without disabling the feature.

Anthony W.

Reviewed on 18/07/2018

Excellent easy to use product, top of the pool

Secured public access control to internet, blocking unwanted and in appropriate websites.

Pros

It is a set it and forget it SAAS. Deployed for our guest/visitor internet access. Simply works very well, bad and good sites are categorized quickly and access is secured. All for a very good price. Far less than Cisco. Support and Setup were very responsive.

Cons

NONE, it does exactly what we need it to do. It is not free. We have not deployed all features, so I cannot attest to those.

Response from TitanHQ

Anthony,
Thank you kindly for your 5 star review of WebTitan.

One of the major strengths of WebTitan is in securing public wifi access and blocking unwanted and inappropriate websites on guest wi-fi.
I'm delighted you found that to be the case.

Thanks again for taking the time to give us a good review. It's hugely appreciated

Kind regards,

Replied 23/08/2018
Daniel B.

Reviewed on 12/04/2019

Better than I expected.

This is a great product and solution 10/10.

Pros

Very simple setup, migrating clients from the old service was extremely quick and on boarding of new clients is just as quick.
The reporting features are easier to configure and the information is presented in a much better format.
Content filtering includes the ability to block ad domains, granted this doesn't catch every ad site but enough that it makes a difference.
The best part is the free support. Tickets can be opened by a phone call or through a web portal. I've gotten rapid responses and quick resolutions to any request I've made.

Cons

I've really been racking my brain on this one and I can't thing of anything I, my company, or my clients dislike about this solution.

• Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 06/02/2018

We have been the Spam Filtering and I must say for the money they product performs well.

Pros

Very easy and intuitive web interface. Very simple to set up an HA pair assuming you have the licensing. Support has been very responsive and is able to correct and explain what occurred remotely.

Cons

If an email is caught it in Spam it's sometimes difficult to troubleshoot the root issue. Would like to see the email header and or body after its released out of quarantine.

Miguel T.

Reviewed on 14/02/2018

I use the SpamTitan Cloud. I like it! Low price and powerfull anti spam

Stop receiving spam!!

Pros

It's very effective
You have a great anti-spam at low cost
License by email is great
Filter rules is easy to use

Cons

Very hard to find my subscription (expiration)
Spam list is slow during daytime
Can't block recipient (If you delete a mailbox, but someone continue to send at this mailbox it count for 1 license)
UI only in english

Robert R.

Reviewed on 07/02/2018

SpamTitan has cut-down on spam for me and many of my clients dramatically.

I resell it to my clients

Pros

The interface is very clean and fast, though a bit outdated-looking. The spam digest reports look nice and contain enough info to be very useful.

Cons

The cost is very high. Setting up custom filters is difficult. There should be quicker and easier ways for end-users to block messages from senders that change part of their address every time. Multi-factor authentication would be a plus. Would be nice to configure spam digest timing individually for each domain and possibly multiple digests per day. The Outlook add-in is very user unfriendly to install and configure and there seems to be no notifications of updates.

• Industry: Building Materials

Reviewed on 06/02/2018

SpamTitan gives good visibility into emails coming in; support is fantastic.

Reduces the amount of spam getting in as well as makes spam management easy.

Pros

I like that the software is easy to manage and easy to view email that have come into our organization.

Cons

I believe too much spam is getting through. Support has been great in helping me with unique settings to help reduce spam, but I find that too much gets through.

Reviewed on 09/02/2018

Very good product and easy to setup and use.

Safer web surfing

Pros

Configuration. It's easy to setup and it just works. We have a central internet port and all our traffic goes through this port. So our web titan looks at all the traffic passing through.

Cons

I would love to see domains blocked based on their age. If the domain is less than a year old block it.

Eric T.

Reviewed on 06/02/2018

Web Titan has been the best web filter we have ever implemented

Pros

Ease of use, it works great, accurate categories. Administration has been very easy compared to past products we've had.

Cons

So far no real complaints. I would like to be able to add full url's in whitelisting. Occasionally we have to manually add a user that doesn't authenticate properly.

Gregg F.

Reviewed on 06/02/2018

Great sales experience, reasonable pricing, great technical support.

Pros

Keeps spam email load off of local server.
Great technical support.
Reasonable cost.
Excellent uptime.

Cons

Most features can be had with Microsoft 365 Email.
Occasional lag in mail delivery.
Needs more configuration capabilities to compete.

Dylan E.
  • Industry: Information Services

Reviewed on 29/09/2018

The ultimate antispam system

It protects our websites and services from bots, spam and malware.

Pros

Webtitan is a DNS filtering system and is updated daily to exclude malware. It is easy to use and the price is low. Generally it does a good job detecting and blocking known sources of spam/malware.

Cons

When you first start using this system, make sure to monitor it repeatedly, because it can often mistakenly 'greylist' or 'blacklist' unknown sources. As time goes by you will encounter these false positives less and less.

Dustin D.

Used it to block spam

Pros

Blocked spam, allowed users to manage their own filters, tied in with AD for ease of use, outlook plug in was nice.

Cons

didn't block some spam, occasionally would let something through, previously mentioned outlook plug in would bug out sometimes requiring a restart of outlook or occasionally a reinstall of the plugin.

Robert R.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Reviewed on 10/09/2018

Capable Web Filtering Solution

Overall WebTitan is a great solution for web content filtering and reporting. For us, it seemed to have everything we are looking for. The sales reps we were in contact with were very helpful as well.

Pros

WebTitan was fairly easy to setup and was up and running in a few minutes. The reporting is not perfect but for our company, it gave plenty of information to gain insight into what our users are doing on the internet. I even like that there is a solution for users that work part of the time outside the office.

Cons

It would be nice if the video categories were broken down a little more. There is a category for media/streaming but it seems to block every page that has a video embedded. It would be nice for there to be a "streaming" category only that would block things like Netflix and Hulu but still leave stuff like news sites unblocked.

Brad H.
  • Industry: Printing

Does what it promises

Spam filtering primarily. I have gained a lot of time from not having to deal with constant whitelist/blacklist requests from my users as they can manage their own quarantines now.

I have also gained some peace of mind knowing that emails are not being delayed by minutes/hours/days unlike our last service.

Pros

The interface is clean and quick. Emails are never delayed and instantly delivered when requested.
It has been very reliable and causes me to spend far less time dealing with user issues than other spam filters we've used in the past.

Cons

The interface can be confusing and sometimes requires round-about ways to do things that should be straightforward and simple (such as blacklisting).

Also it requires HEAVY use of the whitelisting feature because it will quarantine random emails from a long conversation for no apparent reason.

David C.

Reviewed on 11/02/2018

Reduced spam delivery over our in-house use of rtbl checking.

Pros

Simple way to offload the task of spam filtering from our in house mail server to webtitans cloud based service.

Cons

Better support for checking the reputation of dkim verified domains. Appears the is no support or dkim reputation not used.

Kendall G.
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Reviewed on 13/07/2021

Great product that just works

Great company that has top notch support and a solid product.

Pros

Set up and integration are a breeze. Monitoring is top notch.

Cons

The user integration requires a software be installed on your domain controller.

John E.

Reviewed on 30/03/2019

Webtitan works well. Support is great

Pros

Webtitan is very easy to configure and use.

I like the High level of flexibility it has. Filtering can be set to be very simple or can be set to handle complex situations.
It's very good at stopping spam.
I also like the reliable support. They're quick to respond to any issues.

Cons

It's difficult finding issues with this software. I can't think of any con.

Reviewed on 07/09/2018

WebTitan a must have if you are trying to secure your network and mobile users.

WebTitan was easy to deploy, contacting and working with support was easy and my client's end user's are more secure and productive.

Pros

WebTitan was very easy to implement for my client I had it up and running in 15 minutes and it even works for mobile users which is a huge plus for me. The security and filtering it provides is well worth the cost to keep the end users secure and productive.

Cons

The only issue I had was trying to pay for the service. Not WebTitan's issue but my bank not allowing the charge to go through on my card due to them being in the UK. My bank issued me a secure check and I mailed it out. I contacted WebTitan and let them know what was going on and had no issues at all.

Yvonne L.

Reviewed on 09/02/2018

User friendly and stable.

Pros

There was an incident that the on premise Exchange is down for more than 24 hours.
SpamTitan was able to hold all email for the organization.

Cons

Not too much option for setup, but in a way this is good also. Also sometimes the web access is too slow and even error. Have to refresh and retry for few times.

Mustafa D.

Reviewed on 07/02/2018

excellent

work excellent

Pros

a system that works very nicely. very fast. easy to use.the company is scratching its needs.very nicely

Santoshkumar N.

Reviewed on 26/08/2020

WebTitan

Overall its good and easy to access

Pros

Easy to access and price is also reasonable

Cons

OTG should be stable. Issues observed in OTG

Darshan P.
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Reviewed on 30/04/2018

Best software ever. Very efficient for a business professional.

Pros

Everything. Most advanced software for a user like me. It helped me a lot since I started using it. Keep it up.

Cons

There are no Cons that I am aware of about this software. But I would just recommend to come up with a mobile app or mobile version of this software.