WildApricot Reviews

About WildApricot

WildApricot is a cloud-based membership management system used by business and trade associations, chambers of commerce, nonprofits, charities, clubs and community organizations. It supports organizations from a few members to...

4.2

Browse WildApricot Reviews

Julie
Julie

Reviewed on 08/01/2019

Great software at a great price

Knowing that membership renewals and invoices and event reminders are automated means I can focus on what matters most, member engagement and retention.

Pros

I'm a part time Executive Director of a membership organization. Before Wild Apricot a lot of my time was spent on billing and administration and event registration. Wild Apricot does all of that for me, so all I have to do is address specific questions or issues.

Cons

The email functionality is not great. That is literally my ONLY complaint about the software.

• Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 14/09/2020

An Out of the Box Solution for Membership Management

Other than the issues described above with the payment gateway, we have been extremely pleased with our Wild Apricot experience.

Pros

Wild Apricot is a single source for nearly everything needed to manage a membership organization. It has revolutionized our database, taking it into the cloud, it has streamlined our renewal process, given us greater visibility into our email marketing, and overall allowed us to function more efficiently as an organization. Since its deployment, we've been able to replace the work of up to 2 FTE because of how Wild Apricot has allowed us to streamline our operations.

Cons

Their payment gateway, Wild Apricot Payments, does have some unique challenges that we are working through. It has errored out a number of times and there was no intuitive alert to let us know we were missing out on authorized donations. Their customer support team has been slower than we'd like to respond to these issues and have yet to provide a clear reason for them and any timeline for resolution.

Reasons for Choosing WildApricot

Goldmine was server based and their cloud-based option was cost prohibitive when we considered switching to that solution.

Reasons for Switching to WildApricot

Overall, it provided the best set of tools for the price as well as providing a quality out of the box solution.
Caryn
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Reviewed on 30/03/2023

Company cash cow not in tune with the needs of users in 2023

Extremely dissatisfying in every respect, the product, the customer service, th e lack of transparency, the company principals and developers are bunkered in where nobody from the public can have direct access to a human. The price increases in the past several years that there have been no innovations on this platform that the customers have been asking form judging by the forum, since 2014, several [sensitive content hidden] ago. Evidently this platform is something that keeps switching hands as every new [sensitive content hidden] tries to milk this cash cow.

Pros

I don't like anything about it compared to other platforms, I inherited it

Cons

Complete lack of response to customer needs, the program is inflexible, archaic, no improvements have been made in years and no attention is paid to the user forum where customers have been requesting basic functionality that was available on other platforms in the 1990s. Their support materials - check them out - now all start with an article telling you what the platform CAN'T do. In these, you'll find lists of all the functions that normal platforms a fraction of the cost of this one have been doing routinely since the internet was invented, like, oh...being able to proof the copy of a blog before it goes live, or schedule an event on a calendar to blast out at a specific date and time - a feature that is available on another part of their platform but not in the event module - I could go on for a long time. Customer service is useless, all they do when you finally get them on a chat is send links to articles that describe how customers needing more flexibility can add custom css. Isn't that the developers' job? Or they refer you to their 'partners.' My organization interviewed 4 of their partners. None of them had knowledge of css, or any more access to the staff at Wild Apticot than the general public. Their disregard for the needs of their users is shocking.

Top WildApricot Alternatives

Bobbi

Reviewed on 16/07/2020

Wild Apricot - robust non-profit management tool

Customer Service, online support and chat are all very helpful and easy to use. Telephonic customer service hours aren't too long but the service is good. There are also great video tools for implementation and getting started.

Pros

Software has lots of features that we were not getting from our previous event management software. In addition, we get a member directory and membership management all in one program.

Cons

The learning curve for using it is somewhat steep, but once that is conquered you can see the true value of the software

Neon CRM

Reasons for Choosing WildApricot

Constant Contact was not maintaining or upgrading their event management system and we saw the opportunity to combine our systems into one.

Constant Contact

Reasons for Switching to WildApricot

Price.
Jack
Jack
  • Industry: Defense & Space

Reviewed on 29/04/2020

Wild Apricot, is it good for membership website builder?

Overall, the Membership Database is good, Event emails can be automated to send to registrants and managing the membership is good but there are some serious lacking features that need to be addressed by WA otherwise customers are not going to be satisfied by the $1670 (AUD) just on the system that can feel very broken.

If WA could either do a large update on the Builder and start working on integration for Xero and other large Accounting packages so that it provides a simple integration instead of just having the one.

Pros

I absolutely loved setting up this software, I found it very challenging but I do enjoy a challenge.

I migrated out of Associations Online (AO) to WildApricot (WA). I found that using the CSV export of the membership out of AO really easy and the upload in WA simple as well.

The events system is fantastic for Zoom and events that need to have someone at the door checking people in. The admin app for WA is awesome when I'm on the go and just want to see who has checked into an event or who has registered for an event.

Cons

The biggest, and I mean this is a deal-breaker, the site builder is seriously broken and needs a massive update. I have checked about 30 other sites that use WildAprioct and they all look the same. Very Narrow, broken up into blocks of either 1/2/3.

There is a basic function of having a button added but the customization of said button is the link and text. Not the colour or the size. The blogging functionality for the site is very basic which is fine but it would be nice if I could categorize it and allow for displaying the post on other pages so that it isn't locked to the single blog page.

WA integrates with WordPress so I wanted to build a better-looking frontend for my site but the downside is the integration is not in full. You can have the login and some profile migrated over but things like Events, Profile Updates and even administration of membership can only be done in WA. So any changes in the profile can not be done in WordPress as it is only a one-way sync. The plugin for Wordpress is only a SSO for WildApricot.

Finally, the Support/Feature request, WA is probably one of the slower ones for it. It may take years for anything to happen. They update often around the 4th of each month but its never anything that is really useful for the Admin or User. Its usually bugs in the system which is awesome, but I would really like to see some more functionality with the system like the website builder and other integration into online Accounting Packages.

Brian
Brian

Reviewed on 05/02/2019

A Sinking Ship

I have been a long time client of WA (7 years), but we are unlikely to renew. 3 years they ago they had a 40% price increase, but they allowed you to renew for up to 2 years at the previous rate. That increase was somewhat understandable because they had not raised fees for the previous 4 years we were clients. 2 years later they had another 40% increase but did not offer the same renewal. Neither increase coincided with major functional additions other than normal enhancements to existing functions. Today they announced a new 20% penalty if you don't switch to their payment processing system (US/Canada only). We have no intention to switch from PayPal so this was the last straw. We will be looking for an alternate option. They were acquired by a larger company and subsequently and equity firm. These increases are obviously cash grabs from current clients without considering the impact to the organizations. My suspicion is the company has a major cash flow issue and this is a way to get money now. I would be very leary of the stability of the company as they will lose many clients over this. This is really unfortunate because their tool is excellent!

Pros

WA has a great feature set that includes a lot of the functionality we need to completely manage our membership, communication, and payment collection. I especially like that we can have bundle memberships and can create saved searches for email distribution or member management.

Cons

There are occasionally issues with some of the search fields that can only be resolved by logging off and back in. I would like to have group texting capabilities.

Candi
Candi

Reviewed on 11/01/2018

Wild Apricot is an easy-to-manage membership management software.

membership management

Pros

Setting up event registration is a breeze. Annual membership dues invoicing is also easily handled by this software.

Cons

You have to archive inacive members or they will continue to receive the registration notifications.

Response from Personify

Thank you for your review, Candi.

We're thrilled Wild Apricot can help with running your organization!

Replied 17/01/2018
  • Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 29/11/2018

Best platform for membership sites

We use Wild Apricot on several of our membership-based organizations. Very helpful with membership management, event billing, and event management.

Pros

Ease of recurring payments
Easy membership management
Great for event planning and management

Cons

Customer service can be difficult to deal with
Wish software had more customization features

Kevin
Kevin

Reviewed on 17/12/2018

Great option for Event Registration Management

Pros

I had a charity 5K that I volunteered to help manage and intended on tracking all of the signups manually. I really wasn't looking forward to it. One of my friends recommended Wild Apricot as an option so I checked it out with their free trial. It was tremendously simple to use and juggle all of the event information in one place. There were still a few manual offline items to keep track of, but Wild Apricot was so much better! The ability to check in folks from my Galaxy phone was a Godsend, too.

Cons

I was lucky enough to take care of everything I needed within their free trial period, but I'd be happy to pay for their software if I ever had use of it again. I wish there were free options for non-profits, but that only applies for smaller users. Great software overall, though.

Nachi
Nachi

Reviewed on 05/07/2018

A treat in the world of memberships

Pros

The website walks you through the types of documents you need for the membership, so they not only provide a home but also the documents to lay out your home. It is something I havent seen elsewhere. They want to make sure that you are doing what you need to do in order to serve to the best of your ability and I really appreciate that.

Cons

With all that the website does for the users (paid and non-paid), it makes sense that the website can look a little clunky. Things are fairly organized but feel a bit clunky.

Nena
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 19/10/2021

ECF..."Florida's Electrical Industry Leader"

Wild Apricot is the best thing that works for our association. We have used the platform for multiple associations in the past and from day one to now, it is the best solution out there for our organization at a price that includes great 'self-help' information and multiple choices when support from WA is needed.

Pros

Wild Apricot offers ECF an opportunity to create, modify and update our online software when needed, allowing our in-house staff to make necessary adjustments without having to spend association funds to hire programmers to complete the tasks.

Cons

There is one item on our "Wish" list that we hope to see in the future. It would be nice to upgrade to a newer version of Excel or Word when exporting information. It's a small thing, but when you are trying to handle multiple lists for conversion to reports, etc., the first move is to save and rename the document based on the compatibility function. On a busy day, it's an added step that's time lost.

A 2nd wish would be for a bit more friendly e-mail design module. It works but can be challenging.

Reviewed on 05/05/2020

Complete, Logical, Reliable, and Quick

Wild Apricot is one of four web-based systems we use, the others being Quickbooks for accounting, Brivo for physical access control of gates and doors, and Online Exam Builder. Each fulfills a specific role, with very little overlap, but without Wild Apricot at the center life would be much more complicated.

Pros

With the baseline requirement for membership management completely fulfilled by Wild Apricot, we have found considerable value in the events management features to manage training courses, and the mass emailing features for communications. Of course, solid invoicing and payment processing are also very important. Overall, the user and administrative experience with Wild Apricot is satisfying and very productive. We built or re-engineered our business processes around the capabilities in Wild Apricot, to a significant degree.

Cons

It takes quite a while to get what look like simple enhancements made to the search and select features within "saved searches". We don't seem to be getting attention, and the enhancements we've requested have been in the queue for over a year. The result of having to wait is that our saved searches are needlessly complex and hard to maintain.

Lisa
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Reviewed on 16/12/2017

Wild Apricot has everything a non-profit needs

Pros

I was the Secretary for my Chapters well known organization. The Secretarial duties are vast and important to the life of the organization. Wild Apricot appears to have everything a non-profit organization needs. It allows me to do all of the required things necessary.
The membership database allows for custom as well as preset categories with specified access. I can keep track of membership categories, addresses, dues due, and
Quick books is a part of the application. Reports can be easily generated using the information entered into the database. My favorites are the communication sections. I can announce events that all members can quickly view, be registered for or wait listed. Reminders can also be sent to all members or those specified.
Payments can be taken and recorded, invoices and receipts sent. The confirmation emails are customized and can be personalized. Documents that need to be shared can also be done.
I find that Wild Apricot can complete all necessary duties assigned to an organization. While all officers can have premium access to all documents, reports and finances 24/7, it also allows for all shades of transparency to members while keeping confidential information secure.
I haven't run across any application as thorough as Wild Apricot. I've only used the application a few days as they allow a 30 day trial to try it out and show off their goods to potential users.

Cons

My only concern is that the way in which things are laid out aren't as intuitive as I would have liked. I would rather have an illustrated manual on the dashboard for when a new user signs in. There is a quick 4 minute video guide that I may find usable later on the opening page. But its definitely not a deal breaker for me.

Reviewed on 30/08/2017

We looked for a simple Cloud application to decentralize administration tasks and found it.

Database that is accessible for any of the administrators of the club. Members can self manage accounts. Automatic upgrades and easy to manage Web content. Automatic billing through predefined time periods etc. Ease of use. We were up and running in a few weeks. Data import was easy as well.

Pros

The primary driver was to find something that was intuitive to use. Our staff are all part time volunteers and needed to be able to use the software with minimal instructions from their homes. Wild Apricot provided this by making the import of data simple as well as creating a new Web site that had same look and feel of existing site. Also migrating the DNS was easy.

There are plenty of tutorial and FAQ pages to guide you along. Once you under stand the basic concept everything else becomes easy. Best part is being able to grant limited admin access to certain pages for updates and changes. Also by letting users update their own information we saved a lot of time updating Membership data. Creating Events proved very popular as well with Members now being to sign up on line and also remit payments. Integration with PayPal was easy as well.

The application packs enough features to make it much easier to manage the Swim Club without making it too complicated to use. Everything beforehand was Excel driven and therefore never synchronized or up to date.

I also like the mobile app a lot. Easy to take a look if new members signed up, paid or if member are delinquent without going online.

Cons

We have encountered some minor issues we wished were a little different but nothing to deter from the overall functionality. I think that would be the case with any software packages. So no major cons to report. We like the software. It is easy to use and has powerful reporting etc capabilities.

• Industry: Executive Office

Reviewed on 22/02/2018

Flexible software but needs some tweaking

Pros

I manage the memberships for a club that has over 15 teams and 240 members, so it is not the easiest thing to manage. I went through a few different programs and Wild Apricot seems to be the best fit for the numerous needs the Club has! It is easy to track payments - overpaid balances and balance due, I can enter manual payments, add extra line items to keep track of fundraising credits, and easily email families or certain individuals from the software. There are workarounds for some of the limitations that the software has, which has been helpful.

Cons

There are a few issues that I have with this software: 1) it does not allow group invoicing so if I need to add an invoice to all members on one team, I have to go into each account and manually create; 2) it is not intuitive when it comes to families with 2 or more players, as it does not allow two different memberships to be linked to one account - I end up having to create a unique account for those families; 3) it does not allow partial payments. As with most membership sites, I have found the website portion to be somewhat clunky and limited, so I have the actual website on a different platform, which is unfortunate.

Susan
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Reviewed on 08/02/2017

Bringing our rowing club into the 21st century!

I was asked to "freshen up" the appearance of our club's static HTML website. I conducted user interviews, during which a lengthy list of wished-for functionality emerged, way beyond the site's appearance. The Board and our members wanted an online implementation for the following: up-to-date member directory; a wide range of membership "types" (scullers, sweep rowers, coxes, paddlers, kayakers, dragon boaters...); automated processing of membership applications and renewals; credit card payments; event scheduling; calendaring; email blasts; donations; and on and on.

My research into available options within our limited budget yielded one clear winner: WildApricot. The Board agreed, I ported (and freshened up) the existing website content, and implemented all those requested features. The process was easy and straightforward. The WildApricot online help system is terrific, and the technical assistance is always timely and spot on.

We have been using WildApricot for about five years now, and it continues to serve us very well.

Pros

Rich funtionality; ease of implementation; terrific customer support

Cons

Complexity of handling our multiple member "types" (but at least we can handle them!); complexity of analyzing financial data

Larry

Reviewed on 10/07/2009

Gave us control of our web-presence (finally!)

I like this product so much, after setting-up the site for AGO-Milwaukee, I convinced my church to switch from the service supported by our Denomination to WildApricot and it's much easier to use. We're just getting started, but already our site is far better at serving our needs. I would highly recommend WildApricot for any small to medium organization which cannot afford to hire a full-time computer-geek webmaster but needs an attractive and functional website. The learning-curve was gentle and we were operative in a very short time. I am completely satisfied that WildApricot has allowed us to meet and even exceed our goals for our new website.

Pros

Our goal was to maintain a constantly-updated website, but we were working thru a vendor who designed our old site from scratch and one needed to know html to do any updating. Our events calendar was constantly missing events and full of errors which were difficult to correct. WildApricot allowed us to assign people who were only slightly computer-savvy because no coding was needed. The site is incredibly intuitive and easy to use and takes only minutes a day for people to update. We can assign multiple administrators with different duties and everything doesn't need to go thru a webmaster who may or may not get around to meeting our needs. The site looks wonderful and the membership is responding very positively to its features.

Cons

There is almost nothing I don't like. I wish Safari was supported (and I hear they may be working on that) but it is not inconvenient to use FireFox and it's free, so that's just a very minor annoyance. I would like to see a little more flexibility in the forms-templates -- we had trouble getting the membership categories in the order we prefer on the screen, but all-in-all our experience has been trouble-free. There may be some people out there who will feel constrained by the available templates, but there are enough that our problem was more of which to choose, and I understand that even the templates are customizable (if you know how to code). The standard ones met our needs.

Lawrence (Larry)
  • Industry: Executive Office

Reviewed on 11/01/2017

Perfect Software for Small and Not So Small Associations

I have all of my clients using this software. I have very small associations on it and one not so small organization. New versions appear to come fully tested. No system is 100% perfect unless you design and deploy one that the organization builds from scratch. However, there is a flexibility to WA that lets us make it work for you. The support both online and in person is superb.

Once you get your members to interact with the system you will most likely hear or see comments as "It is really easy to use" or "Even I feel comfortable being online with it".

From a technical point of view the application is well integrated and it make navigating the site almost a no brainer.

Having said all there are things that can further make the system more effective and efficient. The WA staff is very open to user suggestions and they have a short, medium and long range plan for system improvements and enhancements.

Most associations I am familiar with can make this system work for them without an enormous outlay of capital and human resources.

Keep up the good all of you Apricots.
Lawrence E. Rosenthal, PhD
Principal & Owner
The Kaleidoscope Associates (TKA)

CM

Reviewed on 20/06/2018

Our professional organization moved to Wild Apricot because it does a complete job of helping...

If you manage an organization with members and need a full service product that will help you build and manage your website, this is it. It also does all of the back-end things necessary and integrates mail, payments, event management, blogs and many other features all in one product. We LOVE Wild Apricot

Pros

It manages membership, collects payments, sends and tracks emails and also provides all of this in the administrative side of our website. We used to have a self-built website that was a mess. After moving to Wild Apricot, we increased membership by almost 50%. We have a professional looking website now and the bonus of managing our membership, email blasts, payments invoicing and collections. Now they have just added a store front for those who need it. They have built two smart phone apps (one for ADMINS and one for Members) which make it easier.

Cons

It tracks your current members and is up the moment accurate of who is a current member. But I cannot answer the question: "How many members did we have on this date last year?" It takes a slew of special search criteria to even get close to being able to answer that question. I've taken to doing a export of the member list quarterly into a spreadsheet so I can answer such a basic question.

Walt
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Reviewed on 25/05/2023

A Dying Platform - Beware!

WA is a dying platform. Once there was a stream of new features and improvements. Now there is only a stream of price increases. When we adopted WA in 2015, there was a published development roadmap and robust interaction between development team and users. When Personify acquired WA in 2017 that turned around. Development ground to a halt, technical support has been cut back to chat and email during working hours only, and there are significant prices increases every two or three years.

Pros

Fairly easy to use. It was relatively easy to move over our existing member data base and website.

Cons

Technical support is available only by chat and email, and not nights or weekends. System is inflexible in a number of areas, particularly with event management. Reports are few and not useful. Admin UI clumsy in places. Once we added some event reporting using the API, we were able to make it work for our organization. Polishing in response to user requests would help, but feature development and enhancement are no longer happening.

Barry
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 10/01/2017

Wild Apricot Review

We are an all volunteer organization of about 500 and use Wild Apricot for our membership database and event registration. Once we made the few changes to customize the site we have found it very easy to answer questions about our membership, handle the renewal process and run our events registration. The work is done by a variety of non-technical members. Wild Apricot help is actually helpful and almost always answers the question. On the few times, there have been problems we have received a very rapid response and the problems have gone away.

Pros

The software can be used by non-technical folks
It is easy to add data fields associated with our organization
Wild Apricot response to questions and problems is prompt and very helpful

Cons

These are not biggies
1. The search logic is a bit restrictive - no and or within the same search
2. Formatting of event announcements is sometimes tricky, seem to loose control of the font

Nena

Reviewed on 11/01/2017

Association Management - Wild Apricot Style

We are a 35 year old Association Management firm that specializes in managing non-profit trade associations. Over the years, we have worked with multiple clients using the Wild Apricot platform.

From 200 members to over 1,300 members, we have been part of Wild Apricot's growth and
continued focus on upgrading and improving the technology we need to serve our clients.

The ease of learning and using Wild Apricot is a huge part of our success in providing our clients with consistent real time information that allows our clients to offer their members all the services, information resources and communication tools they require.

We are a "Can Do" customer service company. Our clients demand that for their members and we deliver it. Wild Apricot has been there for us from the beginning - together we look forward to 'what's next on the horizon.

Pros

Ease of use and dependability. We have never been 'down' or had any technical problems.

ines

Reviewed on 15/01/2020

Membership Software

Every support request has been taken care off super-quickly. It has been a pleasure to work with the WA team since 2015.

Pros

it covers all needs: membership database mgmt, event mgmt, communications. All in one place

Cons

a bit constrained when it comes to webpage design, but all the functionality behind (database, calendar, etc), it is OK, it is definitely worse working around it.

Horace
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Reviewed on 09/01/2019

Third Party Support for Wild Apricot

Our organization has been using Wild Apricot for many years and as the times changes we are able to keep up with all the features most other websites are using. The website features and options are great, the membership, event and donation features are wonderful.

Pros

Even thought I started the use of Wild Apricot I found a thirty party company Site to be seen that could take my ideas and create a much better website than me. Using Wild Apricot. I could use them to do things in less the half the time it would take me. However, I can still make the minor changes if needed.

Cons

The only downside I see with the software is you have to be a pro to use some of the features. I am not a computer expert and I don't have the time to learn.

Reviewed on 09/02/2017

Makes organizing your organization easy

I have used Wild Apricot for two different professional organizations now, both run completely by volunteer nurses. We are not strong in business or computer skills. But creating a website is so easy, and just the automatic membership renewal process makes it worth its price. Pricing is manageable for the smallest of organizations, and the features are so valuable. It is easy to create events, track registrations, collect dues and fees and communicate with your members and that is all in addition to the website that is so easy to build. The support team is excellent. They are always ready to help and want to know what they can do to improve, and improvements happen often. A great product, easy to use.

Pros

Easy to use, lots of functions to organize your group, easy to manage registrations, dues and renewals. Very easy to set up a multipage website

Cons

Can't schedule emails to go out in advance on a particular date.

Response from Personify

Thanks for your feedback Chris!.

Some good news for you: we will be releasing an "email scheduling" feature in March 2017, which will allow you to schedule emails to go out on a particular date and time.

Stay tuned for updates on this.

Thanks again.