QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Reviews

About QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

QuickBooks Enterprise is an accounting solution designed for SMBs across different industry verticals such as construction, nonprofit distribution, manufacturing, and retail. With QB Enterprise solution, any business owner can...

4.1

Browse QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Reviews

20,214 of 20,215 reviews
Blake
Blake
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Reviewed on 23/11/2019

Value for the money is incredible

Great, would recommend! Any sort of business needs accounting software, and your business should use Quickbooks. If given the choice, we would use this again.

Pros

The seamless integrations, technical (both IT & Accounting) support, and intuitive user interface provides a great experience for automating a small or midsize operation

Cons

It loads slowly -- I feel like Quickbooks constrains the amount of servers it dedicates to this platform. There are businesses that have far more transactions that we, and it still takes a while for reports or pages to render.

FreshBooks, Sage 100 and Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Ease of use and separation of systems. Sage is great for large, industrial ERP uses. Quickbooks is better for small, nimble divisions.

Sage 100

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

The automation and integrations. Our transactions book seamlessly and we don't have to spend a lot of time on non-value add activities such as month end reconciliations.
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 04/02/2021

Great Value for the Price

Overall, my company has been happy with our switch to QuickBooks. We previously used Netsuite for our accounting software, but the subscription fees were outrageous and the features were difficult to manage and execute. QuickBooks offers what we need for a very reasonable price on a user-friendly format. I would definitely recommend this to small businesses who do not need a lot of advanced functionality.

Pros

The QuickBooks software is very affordable with lots of good out-of-box features. AR and AP functions are very easy to use for novice users of the software. There are a lot of templated reports that are very helpful for weekly and monthly accounting tasks (Payroll, Vendor Payments, Sales, etc.). The software also allows you to add on a variety of additional features through plug-ins, which you can access for a nominal monthly fee. For example, the BIll.com integration is excellent for paying your vendors online, eliminating the need for mailing out checks each month.

Cons

The biggest issue with QuickBooks is their customer service department. Whenever we have issues that cannot be resolved by an internal administrator, it takes days and sometimes weeks before an Intuit rep returns our messages. We've been using the software a little over a year and have already been passed around to several different account reps. At one point, their response time was so poor I had to request a different rep. The other thing I find cumbersome with the software is the sales reporting. While the templates are helpful, I often end up with a lot of superfluous information, and the reports are not very malleable, even once exported to Xcel. This is an area I feel could be greatly improved with minimal effort from Intuit.

Amy
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 12/04/2024

Quickbooks Desktop Ease of use

QB has been my first choice for the past 20 years of managing businesses. It's ease of use and setup are by far the best I have found with similar products out there. Whether you have 4 employees or 100, need only a desktop version or an online version - Quickbooks is the one you want.

Pros

It is very easy to set up and use. I have used desktop for over 20 years and have loved it. I recently did switch over to QB Online with one company I manage which I find also very easy to use seeing as it can go anywhere with you and you can access it from any computer.
Desktop has all of the features needed for a small, basic company but also can withstand the demand of a larger business. The ease of billing, payments, reporting and reconciling are well worth it's cost. Upon set-up there are pre-loaded accounts for you as well, so if you are unsure as to how to start QB makes it VERY easy to help get you pointed in the right direction.

Cons

From my experience it can't be utilized from any computer - you need to have the software installed in order to use this product which makes it difficult if you travel or need access from multiple locations.

Top QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Alternatives

MIP Fund Accounting

Microsoft Project

RUN Powered by ADP

Reviewed on 31/07/2019

Charges without Consent

Everything was fine until I discovered how atrocious the customer service is.

Pros

Many parts of the service feel unpolished and there are many bugs, but it is HIGHLY FUNCTIONAL. And cheap. It is hands down the best bang-for-buck of any other accounting software out there. I have been a happy user despite the bugs, because:

There are many things that QuickBooks does really well. Invoicing (while hard to automate) is very robust, and by far the single cheapest invoicing option I have found.

The system's auto-categorization abilities when matching expenditures, revenue sources, etc is fantastic. Further, you integrate QuickBooks with a slew of other services, making for a fairly customizable and generally robust accounting tool. It's also easy to get an accountant on to balance and check your books.

Cons

TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

I was charged for payroll without consent. 6 months ago I signed up for a free trial to see what the Quickbook's portal for payroll looks like; after toying around a little bit and deciding that it was, while not great, functional, I cancelled my trial with the intention of getting the service when I hire full-time employees. Received cancellation screen. No problems.

Fastforward to now, I go to sign up for payroll and discover I have been being charged for the last 6 months. I called in expecting to get a credit or waiver of future fees for a few months, only to be told that

“QuickBooks does not refund for non-usage”. I explained the situation, and was told that "I shouldn't have signed up for the product then". I asked to speak to a manager, she took my phone number, and I never received the follow-up phone call.

Is it a large amount of money? no. However, I have been a very active user of QuickBooks for nearly two years now and it is extremely disappointing to see that they would treat a long-term client this way.

Response from Intuit

Hi Evan,

We'd like to thank you for taking the time to write this thorough review. Our mission is to provide you with a variety of accounting tools that are both helpful and affordable, so it's awesome to hear that QuickBooks is doing just that for you.

We'd like an opportunity investigate the Payroll charges you received and make sure this situation is properly addressed. The next time you're free, please email us at [email protected] and provide any case numbers you have in reference to your previous calls. That way, we can find your account on our end and get brought up to speed on this situation.

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Kristian, The QuickBooks Team

Replied 01/08/2019
Dlkhosh

Reviewed on 16/01/2024

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Review

Pros

Very good inventory management, time tracking
Numerous customizable reports
Supports projects, payroll, and many add-ons
Terrific mobile apps

Cons

The main cons of Quickbooks that It's somehow expensive

Wave

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Quickbooks is Easy to use, and has active support center
Kimberli

Reviewed on 29/02/2024

Great Invoicing product to use

Great and very convenient system to use for client invoicing and for generating reports.

Pros

I like the different views you can have within the system. How easy it is to convert to different types of templates with just one click of a button. How you you can modify reports to your liking is super convenient.

Cons

The lag time in switching between the menu items could use some help. There are times, I have to refresh or click another menu item for it to start working on my desktop

Kevin

Reviewed on 11/04/2024

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Pros

What I like most is its user friendly experience and ability to manage invoices from a diverse selection of suppliers / projects.

Cons

What I like least is it's limitation for successful integrations based on other softwares / platforms we currently house within our company.

Cassandra
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Reviewed on 06/03/2024

Highly Recomment

Pros

Quickbooks makes it easier to budget and maintain financial stabiluty as well as have proper reports for tax season.

Cons

There are some features I do not implement as they are not needed, but I would say I like all the features of Quickbooks for my business.

Reviewed on 01/03/2024

Top Free App

Pros

The quick payment processor and how it keeps everything organized.

Cons

Nothing to dislike about Quickbooks at all.

Rachael

Reviewed on 06/03/2024

Quickbooks is an OG

It's a good startup tool for a small business who doesn't want to gigure it all out for themselves

Pros

Ease of setup and the ability to grow with you and customize as you need

Cons

It can get pricey once you add all the bells and whistles that you need as you grow

Miguel

Reviewed on 14/05/2019

Tried & True - Quickbooks remains king!

The ability to track me financials allows me to identify my business's cash flow which is crucial to keeping my doors open. Automatic bank feeds are cutting down the time I need to spend doing manual data entry and gives me more time to focus on my main mission of my company.

Pros

The ease of use allows just about anyone to successfully navigate and work in the software. No matter if you have an accounting or financial background. This is great news for business owners and accounting personnel, alike. With the ease of use, the training resources provide by Inuit, and their extensive list of available Pro-Advisers, you will be up and running and tracking your business's finances in no time. One other aspect I like is the ability customize the software to git your industry or company's needs. Custom reports, customized chart of accounts, etc are just a few examples how QB sets the standard for small/medium size business accounting softwares.

Cons

The least favorable aspect of Quickbooks is the inability to prevent old transactions from back-posting into a closed period. For example, if I void a check or an invoice, I would like to be able to set an effective date of today and not the original date of the source document. Allowing this to happens, will throw off bank reconciliations, it would and could change past period financial statement information and could impact your tax liability as well.

FreshBooks, QuickBooks Online and Xero

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Quickbooks desktop is more powerful, in terms of report features and easier to navigate and learn to use. I couldn't imagine trying to train a non-financial person an accounting software that is too numbers/technical driven. QB is user-friendly and none of the other options even compare.

Response from Intuit

Thank you for bring this to my attention, Miguel.

You can close your books for a period of time so that transactions aren't allowed to be posted before that time period.Here are the articles for the respective programs:

Online: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Reports-and-accounting/How-do-I-close-the-prior-years-books-to-send-to-the-accountant/td-p/182283

Desktop:

If you ever have any questions about this, please reach out to us on Facebook (Intuit QuickBooks) or Twitter (@QBCares).

Grant, The QuickBooks Team

Replied 15/05/2019
Angelo
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 06/01/2023

An Impressive Accounting Software for Businesses

I've been using QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise for a few years now and it has been a great tool for managing my business. The software is easy to use and understand and has plenty of features that make accounting easier. However, the cost can be a bit prohibitive for some businesses.

Pros

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise is an incredibly powerful accounting software with a wide range of features and capabilities. It is easy to use and understand, making it a great solution for businesses of all sizes. The ability to customize the software to meet the needs of individual businesses makes it an excellent choice for businesses looking for an accounting solution.

Cons

Although QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise is an excellent choice for businesses, it can be quite expensive. Additionally, the software requires a certain level of knowledge and understanding to operate effectively.

Reviewed on 22/08/2018

The Software that any accountant could not live without

Pros

QuickBook is the one of the top accounting software. It greatly deals in assisting with fixed asset
management, billing and invoicing of income, payroll management, bank reconciliation and others. As
an accountant, I have used this software since I can remember. Not only that it is capable of more than
enough tasks than any other software I have personally tried, but is very user-friendly as well. The
monthly starting price was easy to keep up with and not financially draining at all when I used it before I
started working at an institution. The current institution and team I am in highly suggested QuickBook.
The availability of tech support 24/7 is a plus for our trainees. QuickBook can also be great for any
starting businesses; it tracks invoices, payments, expenses, amongst others.

Cons

A limitation with the number of characters in names, titles, or products is one of the problems I have
faced upon using this software. Being unable to name two projects similarly is also a difficulty at times,
since most clients and products have same names. Although these cons may seem fairly important, it is acceptable. The pros, and the usage of this software is far more superior than its cons.

Response from Intuit

Thanks for taking the time out to leave this review. I'm delighted to know we're doing our part to keep you on your business on track, as we're proud to be backing you.

As you mentioned, you're a seasoned QuickBooks user, and I appreciate your loyalty to us. It'd be my pleasure to pass your expert feedback along to the Engineering Team, as they use your suggestions as inspiration. Increasing the characters and providing more flexibility in naming projects are brilliant ideas, so I'll forward your comments to the developers directly.

Before you go, I encourage you to bookmark our Blog (https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv). We use this space to post about new and coming product enhancements. Many of them got their start in the feedback channel because when you speak, we listen.

Replied 24/08/2018
Lyn
Lyn
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 10/10/2018

For the Beginner

I would and have recommened this software to many different people for different situations as its user friendly, easy to navigate and has some great custom report features. I run a small local non profit and have been using QB for over 13 years with no intentions of changing to any other service.

Pros

What I like most about this software is the ease of use. They make it very simple to enter customers and vendors along with invoices and/or bills. Then posting the payments and reconciling the accounts. You can use one piece or all the different capabilities, that is your choice as they do all work together.

Cons

The thing I like least about this software is the troubleshooting. You have to have the exact title or phrase of what you've done wrong to find solutions to help you. I typically only do internet searched for assistance and have not used the call in system. That might actually help me more but I'm impatient and typically don't want to wait

Response from Intuit

Thanks for reaching out with your comments, Lyn. I'm delighted to read we're doing our part to provide a wide variety of capabilities in an easy to use package. We're proud to be backing River Cities United Way, so rest assured we've got you covered when it comes to support.

As an alternative to calling in, I encourage you to reach out to the product experts who monitor our social media channels. You can find us on Facebook (Intuit QuickBooks) or Twitter (QBCares), and our chat reps would be more than happy to be of assistance. As an added benefit, you can expect quick responses anytime within their hours of availability (M-F from 8 a.m. until 10 p.m. EST). We're just a message away when you have questions, and they can lend a hand with finding the solutions you need.

Thanks a ton for your 13-year loyalty to QuickBooks, by the way! I'm wishing you and your non-profit continued success, and a wonderful rest of your week ahead!

Replied 15/10/2018
Robert
Robert

Reviewed on 02/11/2018

Comprehensive functionality, but obscures your books

QB is a solid accounting package used by many. My experience is that it is very stable and suitable for those at either end of the spectrum of needs and experience. Novices can just use each of the modules as is and ignore the extra functionality. The poweruser may need the many different features.

However, if you are in the middle ground with a good understanding of bookkeeping, and want some flexibility in your entries, I find there are two many icons, menu choices, and options for each task I want to do. Example, printing a standard financial statement means selecting from 3-4 menu options, following by a dialog of options. Really I just want a date range and get the statement.

Pros

QB is rock solid, never had an issue (defect). It is comprehensive and has functionality for every operation and looks after a lot of 'behind the scenes' stuff such as tax reporting (automatically capturing your tax credits and customer charges)

Cons

The overall feature set makes it hard to see a clear picture of your books. Everything is done through a series of modules (sales, purchases) and it automates from there. A normal sequence is; Sales, then deposits, then bank reconciliation - works fine. However, if you have a deposit that is not from a sale the dance to make the entries seem obscure. Or if you pay for a purchase directly, you still have to enter a payable, then pay it in a separate step. Not big issues, but I use other accounting software that gives me much more flexibility without the double steps. (Note: in the example of the payable, you can do a direct journal entry, but then it does not show up in the supplier history for some reason.)

Response from Intuit

Hi Robert. I'm glad QuickBooks is providing a comprehensive tool to your consulting business. I'm here to ensure you can take advantage of the functionality while still getting a clear view of your books, however. I'll include a few excellent outlets below, which serve as central hubs of workflow tips.

1. For a feature walk-through, check out the Community at https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Getting-started-with-QuickBooks/How-to-Use-Features-and-Functions-in-QuickBooks-Online/ta-p/170181. You'll find tips on the way QB sequences tasks and the workflow for your accounts.

2. This link is another excellent space, as the insights hosted in the YouTube provide visual references for the tools provided by the software. The following playlist covers reporting and statements, and I encourage you to explore the channel further when you get a chance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndR4lgu2nT8&list=PLVxBmyedTVhTWFPItuhzmbHRzZzCxmGFT.

Replied 14/11/2018

Reviewed on 18/07/2019

Easy accounting software

Pros

It does a lot while you do a little. I am able to send invoices, receive payment in different forms, do payroll, file tax forms and make payments as well as much more. It is very user friendly most of the time. I don't ever have any bugs. It let's me spend more time on other parts of my business.

Cons

They force you to purchase new software every three years. The customer support can be hit and miss.

QuickBooks Online

Response from Intuit

Hi Evan! Business owners like yourself are who we had in mind when designing our software, so we're thrilled to hear that QuickBooks is handling your accounting needs. Whether you're running payroll or receiving payments, you can count on our software to get the job one. To keep our software up to date with the latest security measures and implement new/improved features, we periodically discontinue products. It's a balancing act between supporting older versions and creating new ones.

It's our priority to provide you with a variety of support options to ensure you're taken care of. In addition to phone support, you can also receive assistance via the channels below:

QB Community: http://community.intuit.com/
Email: [email protected]
Facebook: @IntuitQuickBooks
Twitter: @QBCares

Thank you for being part of our QuickBooks family and we wish you all the best!
Jen, The QuickBooks Team

Replied 13/08/2019
Bulinda
  • Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 06/08/2019

Inexpensive To Account for every Dollar

My business is staying afloat because of QuickBooks and we can see our future being very profitable by using this software. I can do all summary reporting without having to do a hard copy by hand which takes a lot of time. The software has the key components of making sure all credits and debits are inserted into its proper place. The only errors are that of those we make and this software will not allow you to insert numbers if they do not add up. The accounting tools are fantastic and a very valuable insight in our business.

Pros

QuickBooks has been a very simplified way of managing and tracking our every dollar earned. I have utilized this software for over four years and it is very simplified. Our debits and credits are accounted for with each ledger that we handle. Our customers are happy with our business and that keeps us stress-free in all aspects of the business. Our business does not have to outsource any accounting to a bookkeeper or any one outside of the company.

Cons

I have as of today after four years of having this software can not find any cons. I really enjoy using QuickBooks and I teach the program to everyone that must keep quality control moving smoothly.

Response from Intuit

Thank you for the rave review, Bulinda! It's an honor to have QuickBooks be a part of ensuring the success of your business over the last four years. Our software wouldn't be what it is today without great customers like yourself who use and refer others to try it. It's our mission to continually work on new enhancements and features to make QuickBooks an even more versatile tool for you to use. To hear news on what our developers are working on, we recommend checking out our official blog: https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv.

Thank you for being part of our QuickBooks family!
Jen, The QuickBooks Team

Replied 08/08/2019
Anthony
Anthony
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 16/08/2019

A wonderful accounting tool for startups and growing businesses. Customer support is nothing...

It's a great accounting software, but charges and customer service could frustrate you

Pros

I like how QuickBooks has an aesthetic and user friendly interface that makes it relatively easy to navigate.
It drastically reduces the amount of work and time I have to expend on basic accounting operations. Its Integrated tools help me draft invoices, keep an eye on financial reports, track my business revenues, costs and expenses very easily.
With QuickBooks online, producing financial reports is a matter of just a few clicks as a user finds it easy to create sales receipts and estimates in minutes producing instant accounting reports.

Cons

Adding transactions from bank feeds can be very time-consuming because there's no functional flexible way of entering transactions from bank feeds. Sometimes I have to visit a transaction twice to get all the data and coding in the right order.
Another sticking point is that there’s no way for me to sync QuickBooks Online with QuickBooks Desktop or vice versa.
Intuit's lack or inadequacy of professional support is a big weakness. You often have to be on hold for a really long time before speaking with a support staff, and even after you do, sometimes they're unable to solve your problem.

Response from Intuit

Saving you time by providing the tools you need to get the job done is our number one goal, Anthony. We're thrilled to know this has been achieved for you! You can continue to rely on us for all of your invoicing, reporting, and revenue tracking needs. For more info on adding downloaded back transactions, we recommend this article (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/bank-feeds/download-match-and-categorize-your-bank-transactions-in/00/185637). As an alternative way to find the support you need, we invite you to browse our other Community articles. If you can find exactly what you're looking for, you can post your own unique questions and receive helpful advice from fellow users and QuickBooks Team members (https://community.intuit.com/).

Thanks for stopping by to leave a review.
Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Replied 09/09/2019
Anabel
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 18/10/2019

Bad experience

They asked me to contact you and that is when the problems started.
If you have a restriction on when QBSE account has to be activated, you should posted on turbotax so that is visible and people can read it like the restrictions for late filers. It is not fair you make up restrictions that are not disclosed on my account and after I have been using the account, you just cancel it all of a sudden. Therefore I think this is false advertising and I will definitely file a complain with FTC if necessary. I have all screenshoots and there is nowhere to be found any restrictions to activate the account before July 15th.

2- If there was indeed a restriction and I had to activated before July 15th, how was it possible that I did activated my account on September and started using it with no problem and no warning or notification until last week?

3-You cancelled my account with no warning. I did not get a warning stating my subscription will expired on specific date. How could I have known this? All the information I have taken time to categorize including miles, payments and transactions are lost now and I do not have access. That is also not fair because I can not access any of that information to save it or transfer it right now if I do not want to continue the subscription.

4- For such a big company, not having a phone number to communicate directly and having customers wasting time writing emails is just a shame.

Pros

This review is based on my experience interacting with Intuit, other’s experiences my defer.
Most of my bad experience was with Quick Book Self Employed but since the company is Intuit, I will leave my review here too.
Turbotax is a good tool for filling, I used the Self employed portion to file my 2018 taxes. This was done in March 2019 and it worked well. As part of the package, you are supposed to get a free year subscription of Intuit Quick Book Self Employed (QBSE) until March 2020.
I signed up on (QBSE) the app on September 2019 and I started working on classifying my transactions and adding miles manually (the automatic tracking was not working that well).
All of a sudden in October 2019, with no warning, they cancelled my subscription and I lost all the data and time I used to do the work. I can not log in and retrieve anything. I can not see any information on my account. I never got an email notification or warning on the app, they just cancelled it.

Cons

The only restrictions that are available are for late filers, not for regular filers. I requested multiple times to speak on the phone with a supervisor and nothing, just email responses relating the same thing. I never got an apology, never got the service reestablished, and at last, they just ignored my last email.
I will leave below my last email which was never answered back.
If you have read so far, please read it and and make your own conclusions. This is one of the worst customer services I have ever interacted with.

October 14th, 2019

Hi representative,

Thank you for contacting me. I am sorry to inform you that your answer does not solve my problem. You are repeating the same statements from the previous costumer service representative. I am not sure if you read the thread but I do not have problems activating my QBSE account. My account was working fine and it was active until it was cancelled with no warnings.

My problems are the following.
1 -When I filed my taxes with turbotax I was offered a free QBSE account for one year. There is no restrictions on my Turbotax account that states I had to activate my account before July 15th. I have previously sent screenshots of the restrictions that are shown on my turbotax and they are only valid for late filer which is not my case.

Response from Intuit

Hi, Anabel. Thank you for your thorough review. We'd like to provide some info and help get this resolved. Once you receive your free year of QuickBooks Self Employed, you'd be required to log into that account at least twice before July 16th. Otherwise, the account will expire. It sounds like there may have been a 30 day trial created in September, which is why it expired the following month. We'd be glad to investigate this further and make sure you get your free year. Please reach out to us via email at [email protected], and we'll be there to help. Additionally, you can request a callback by logging into the site (https://selfemployed.intuit.com/login) and clicking the Help button in the top-right corner.

Wishing you the best.
Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Replied 23/10/2019
Antineta

Reviewed on 06/12/2019

Quickbooks Online

Overall, I would recommend QuickBooks Online to a client. We are coming into an age where many executives want to review their financials wherever they are and QuickBooks Online does offer that feature.

Pros

Over the last year, I started using QuickBooks Online vs. QuickBooks desktop. I really like the fact that the online version is remote meaning you can access it regardless if you are in the office or not. I like QuickBooks because it is a rather low cost software that can enable a business to see what their income and expenses are without necessarily having an accounting background. I recommend QuickBooks to many of my clients for this reason.

Cons

I have used the QuickBooks desktop version for years and have recently started using QuickBooks Online the last few months. Personally, I feel that their are a few minor things that I am getting use to. For example, I am a shortcuts person and when entering in a journal entry I'm use to the shortcut Ctrl-Delete to delete a row if there are too many. I have not found that to work in the QuickBooks Online version. I also liked how with QuickBooks Desktop if you went to the edit button when doing a transaction, it would list the different shortcuts you could use. I found this to be easier. With the QuickBooks Online version, I was able to find some shortcuts via the Help option which to me can be time consuming to have to search for. I also have found that in the beginning I had to use the Help option quite a bit just to locate some of the reports I am use to using. I'vwe found that the QuickBooks Desktop version to me is a tad bit more user friendly and helps with time management because a lot of things aren't hidden.

Nancy
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Reviewed on 26/01/2017

OK, I love it

I'm a small business owner. I tried QB about ten years ago when I first began and hated it because I have a math learning problem. I tried several methods over the past ten years, and after having terrible experienes with combined schedling/notetaking/insurance billing/bookkeeping programs I threw in the towel and reluctantly got QB. Great move. Most people would probably have less trouble than I, but even I caught on fairly quickly. It is flexible enough for my quirky techniques, lets me know when I'm doing something they disaprove of. The drawbacks are that you have to hire someone to teach you how to use the program. I only had to do this twice. I still have not figured out how to tally charge/payment for a session in which the patient pays a copay and the insurance pays also. I have to do two separate recordings. But that works! Another plus is that my bank has a designated person to help with Quickbooks and Quicken (which I use for my personal accounts) who is fre and quite helpful. One complaint I have is that there doesn't seem to be one window where I can see the name, date of service, charge for service, what was paid, what the check number is, and what the balance is. Each report contains some of that info but not all. Accountants are probably used to that but it's difficult for me.

Pros

Steep learning curve for non-math/accounting people but then easy and reliable, with flexible ways of inputting data. Good and numerous reports are useful. Connects to TurboTax for tax preparation so I think I'll save money on accounting this year.

Cons

I haven't figured out how to charge for sessions in which patient and insurance both pay, so I've begun just billing them separately. There is an endless feedback loop if you make a mistake in a deposit you've already made--you can't correct the deposit until you correct the payment entry and you can't do that until you correct the deposit. That's crazy making. But on the whole, no major cons and I'm a fairly incompetent money person who like it pretty well.

Jacques
Jacques

Reviewed on 26/07/2020

Best Accounting Solution For Small Business

Pros

The cloud solution makes it ideal for small business without needing the ICT infrastructure. Its available anywhere and with the mobile app gives you data when you need it. Plenty of integrations available. Its very cost effective.

Cons

It doesn't integrate natively with on premises deployments.

Dynamics 365

Ease of use and cost

Dynamics 365

Ease of use and cost

Response from Intuit

Hi Jacques,

We're thrilled to hear you're enjoying using QuickBooks for your accounting needs. No matter if you're in the office or out on the road, you can count on our software to back your business. We're committed to continue implementing new and improved tools to make your daily tasks easier while remaining cost effective. To hear news on what's in the works, be sure to check out our blog (https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv). Thanks for being the best part of Intuit!

Kind regards,
Jen, Intuit Support Specialist

Replied 06/08/2020
Theresa
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Reviewed on 07/01/2021

Quickbooks online review

It had been a number of years since I had used Quickbooks, until recently. I'm happy to say the program is as user friendly as I recalled. We have since transitioned to online version for more robust project costing. The transition was seamless and did not require any particular IT training, which was appreciated. The online version is easy to use, but has lots of room to improve upon its current functionality.

Pros

Very intuitive, functional program. You do not need to be an accountant to use this program. We recently upgrade to the online version from the desktop version to track project costs more accurately. I am happy to see the many improvements and advancements. The project cost tracking is simple, and graphic visuals translate current status very nicely. The dashboards are wonderful for management team, at a glance they can make a quick assessment of financial well being. Making corrections within this program has to be one fo the quickest and easiest in all my experience.

Cons

The project portion could be more robust. I would like to see more detail available on project set up. Project custom reporting could use some improvement, as what is currently available while useful, not creative or customizable. The tax reporting features are wonderful, easy to use but do not allow for issuing any necessary remittances with ease. Something I saw frequently mentioned in help communities for some time now, but there has been no improvement made here. Hopefully something that can be expected in the near future.

Reviewed on 13/07/2023

Intuit is profiteering with their new subscription model

It will take decades for their online products to catch up with their desktop software, and even then the desktop software will run much more smoothly due to their inability to maintain and set parameters to the local software used to access their product (web browsers) and the users ability to invest in the hardware stack to ensure the most seemless experience which often times for advanced users is highly system intensive.AccountEdge seems like one of the best options to suggest to clients moving forward. Here's to the a smooth transition for fellow users.

Pros

As a 10+yr user, we were ready to pay the three year price today which apparently is $1.3K/yr now, technically $3.9K/3yrs (assuming they don't rasie the price again) for their new subscription model since they're refusing to offer even the most basic technical updates or even access to the downloaded desktop software after "subscription" ends.

Cons

The price is up from $549 just over three years ago, effectively raising the price 609%. This could easily be seen as profiteering and hopefully Intuit QuickBooks is faced with a large enough class action lawsuit to bring the executives back down to earth. The most unfortunate part for Intuit QuickBooks is that once clients leave it will be near impossible to bring them back. Based on the feedback I've been reading, this could be a real lesson for the price elasticity of demand, it's tempting to short the stock.

FreshBooks, Sage 50cloud Accounting and Xero

Price

AccountEdge

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Features and training for a good price.
Joel

Reviewed on 16/08/2018

There is a reason it is the #1 small business accounting softare

QuickBooks is your best friend if you are an office worker or new to accounting as it is extremely simple to use. If you are a developer working to interface with it from outside systems you will learn to both love and HATE it. All in all I certainly recommend it to all my clients as the benefits most surely outweigh the problems.

Pros

- Easy to use, intuitive interface. Even non accountants will be able to dive in and use the software.

- Powerful features and reporting allows you to really see where your P&Ls are sitting.

- Tons of training and support available from a wide variety of sources.

- Import and Export ability allows you to interface with other software or pull data into other programs for custom reporting.

- Ability to interface with outside programs to sync data automatically.

- Allows for tracking of inventory and placing/receiving purchase orders from vendors.

- Gives a decent audit trail on item/customer activity so you can see what happened with your financials.

Cons

- QuickBooks is truly incredible, but their database architecture and some of their restrictions are incredibly dated. For example, they limit customer names, product names and several other fields to 31 characters. In today's more complex market it is extremely easy to have product names that are longer than 31 characters and QuickBooks will not let you enter them. They will tell you to either cut the product off at 31 (which can create duplicate names which is not allowed) or they will tell you to rename the product. Neither is good option for most companies. This becomes very apparent when you have customers with the same name, for example John Smith. QuickBooks will only let you create one of them and prevent the other from getting added. Their solution again is to rename the customer by giving it extra characters like a space at the end, or adding a 1 or a 2. But when you are limited to 31 total characters and your office staff then has to make sure that they select the right customer when working with a record, well you can see where these solutions are not really workable either. The pros of the software certainly outweigh this issue and it is possible to come up with internal naming conventions to fix these issues, still with a company the size of Intuit and software as popular as QuickBooks these issues should have been addressed years ago.