About QuickBooks Online Advanced

QuickBooks Online Advanced is a cloud-based accounting solution that helps small to large enterprises manage expenses, projects, invoices and more. It comes with a centralized dashboard, which enables users to gain insights into...

Browse QuickBooks Online Advanced Reviews

Wes S.

Reviewed on 14/09/2020

The Sofware You Love To Hate

We have used Enterprise for years and we had to make a change because our inventory was getting out of control. Sadly, Enterprise is missing about 5 things to make their manufacturing perfect and it just doesn't look like that is ever going to happen. Accordingly, we had to try and find an MRP software and the only way it would work well was moving to QBO. This was like making a choice to either get punched in the gut or punched in the throat. Either inventory was workable or accounting was workable.

Pros

It integrates with our current ECommerce cart and a few other programs (e.g. Zapier).

Cons

They have radically tried to over-simplify the product. For instance, the Vendor tab being under Expenses. As every accountant knows, Vendors aren't solely about Expenses. This is just one example of how, in trying to make this product more intuitive, they have thwarted anyone with accounting experience in using it.

There are so many things you cannot delete. Too many to try and list here.

Response from Intuit

We appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us, Wes. Receiving your feedback will only help us continue to improve the product.Feel free to check out the QuickBooks Blog, as this is where your feedback comes to life:https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv. We hope you have a great business year filled with success and great health during this difficult time! -Hannah, The QuickBooks Team.

Replied 19/09/2020
Michelle F.

Reviewed on 27/03/2021

Best accounting solution

Quickbooks Online has decreased the amount of time I spend on basic bookkeeping each month and allowed me to focus on reporting, forecasting and budgeting which were missing before.

Pros

For nonprofit accounting, the ability to use classes, projects, etc to keep track of functional expenses and grants is indispensable. Having bank feeds connected saves a lot of time. Being able to have our CPA log in at the same time to look at something is also an improvement over the desktop version.

Cons

It is updated a lot so you always have to learn it. We get a nonprofit discount through TechSoup but I know that the regular monthly fee vs purchasing the desktop version would be a barrier if we did not.

Laura R.

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

Quickbooks Online is Sleek, Professional, Easy, but Lacks Some Custom Reporting Features

Overall, Quickbooks Online can replace the accounting software of most small-to-medium businesses. It's easy to use and fast. You can use Quickbooks Online from anywhere, any device, at any time. That's a big deal. I love having the ability to browse it on my computer and then, when I need to, bring it up on my phone when I'm at the coffee shop or with a client. Intuit hit it out of the park with this app.

Pros

The best feature is easily the sales tracking. It's easy to create quotes, turn them into sales orders, and then onto invoices. The process is easily linkable with many POS and ecommerce solutions.

Cons

QBO lacks some of the most robust reporting features that I'm used to. This is the biggest issue with the online software.

Kevin Z.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

The one stop software for any Business

I am currently learning how to better integrate my time keeping services with quick books and I am overall happy with the transisiton

Pros

This Software is absolutely essential to my day to day operations.
From the ease of use in payroll services, tracking inventory, combining all purchase and financing accounts and creating invoices for all of my customers I could not be happier with Quickbooks.
What I really love is that software is always adapting and improving to help with more and more essential tasks, and if I don't know how something works there is always a Webinar/Customer service agent/video to give myself and my employees the tools they need to meet any accounting challenge.

Cons

The only two issues I have had is with compatibility with the payroll time clock services I would like to use, and this is more personal preference than anything else. I would like to see more options for bio metric time-clocking services than is currently available. the second is the saving of last used dates in the software meaning you have to be vigilant when making invoices or printing checks (I have lost a ton of checks this way)

Ryan C.

Quickbooks Online Advanced

There are so many reasons why we love working on Quickbooks online. The credit card processor working through our website, the mobile app and card processor, as well as the integration to WordPress and to help add automation to our financial recording.

Pros

There are so many features to this software, but my favorite is definitely the online platform. I am able to see the progress of the business through my phone or iPad and not just sitting behind a desk. So much business is done on the road or moving around and having the app easily accessible I can always be in touch with what is going on in the company.

Cons

Setting up the new company file was difficult. We were moving from QuickBooks desktop and it had to much data (20 years worth) that we were not able to compress it then upload the information to the new platform. We were able to do batch uploads which did allow us to preserve some data but it did make the transition a little more difficult than it needed to be.

Anibal A.

Very user friendly

Pros

Easy to use, is easy tp customize to our agency need,

Cons

ability to change transactions once created and posted to the General Ledger

Andrea S.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Changing from Outdated QB Pro 2012 to QB Online

Positive experience, still getting accustomed to the new platform. The help section is easy to find and stays on top of the page you are working on without disappearing.

Pros

Pleasant interface, access to QB from different locations.

Cons

Very different from the desktop version, difficult to navigate and locate different items if you're used to the desktop version.

Alyssa H.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Must Have Product

Every time I've needed help or had a question, I've been able to easily find the answer through their support area or one of their agents. I've never had a long wait time like with other sites. It is really well organized and easy to navigate. QB has so much to offer in its functionality, we're still finding new things we can use.

Pros

QuickBooks is one of the easiest programs to use. The customer service is great and very responsive, expenses are easily trackable. You have the ability to edit and make changes if things need fixed. Some programs won't allow this which can be problematic, but QuickBooks does it all. The search option is one of my favorite things, sometimes you don't have all the information, so this helps you piece it together much faster.

Cons

I really don't have any complaints about the software. We sometimes have issues with some expenses not importing into our other program we use, but I have a feeling that this is the other program's issues, not necessarily QuickBooks.

Zarin S.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

Easy to use, just needs to work on frequent glitches

Overall, it is a great software for smaller companies. Maybe because my company is rapidly growing, QuickBooks may no longer be a good fit for it. I think it's very easy to use for anyone, even people who don't have bookkeeping or accounting experience. QuickBooks should work on fixing the frequent glitches and errors.

Pros

I like that the software is very easy to use and user-friendly. When I joined my company, I had no prior experience to using any kind of accounting/bookkeeping software and had no issues with picking up on QuickBooks easily. Pretty simple to pull the information you need, ideal for a small-to-medium sized company.

Cons

My biggest complaint with this software has to be the glitches. My company heavily relies on QuickBooks and it is a daily part of my work. We often have issues with QuickBooks not loading properly, getting error messages such as "504 Gateway Time-out", having to switch between the desktop app and the browser version because one or the other is not working. Because these issues impede on my daily work, I can't give this software a higher rating.

Maurice T.
  • Industry: Philanthropy

Reviewed on 12/10/2017

QB Nonprofit easy to use

User friendly.

Pros

QB Nonprofit desktop is easy to use with its flexibility and options which includes name search for customers and vendors and its versitility in financial statements. The classes allow us to get financial statements by class or department which are also very useful. Along with our main department (church) we also have 2 schools, so the software allows us to get financial statements for just the schools. We also use the budgets and get financial statements that show comparisons to budget projections. Dollar to dollar and percentage comparisons. Budgets are easy to prepare. Numbers that are exactly to same from month to month can just be copied across the entire year and don't have to be entered into each month individually.

Cons

1. Sometimes have to wait a long time (as much as 45 minutes) to get telephone support.
2. No name search for employees.

Reviewed on 01/02/2018

Quickbooks is a basic accounting software that helps to keep the books up to date.

I would recommend Quickbooks to small organizations that need a basic accounting software, small to mid volume of vendors/invoices.

Pros

Easy to use (General Ledger)
Some flexibility downloading information to Excel (General Ledger)
Price

Cons

Fixed Assets functionality is only available in Single-User mode
Merchant activity is not applied automatically as promised if you have more than one GL account
Reports are very rigid
It does not have a report designer that gives the flexibility to download information
Unable to upload activity from Excel without a 3rd party software
It does not have account reconciliation system to keep track of balance sheet accounts

Response from Intuit

This is something we can help you with. Please reach out to us at [email protected] so we can provide you with further support.

Thanks for your feedback!
Nathaniel, The QuickBooks Team

Replied 02/02/2018
Lahari K.

Reviewed on 30/12/2020

QuickBooks Online is very powerful tool with various features and easy to use

-Subscription Management
-Accounting
-Reporting
-Revenue Forecast

Pros

QuickBooks Online is very helpful in tracking invoicing and forecasting revenue projections.Its ease of use and benefits of cloud computing is the game changer. It can be accessed from anywhere with secured online system.

It is very easy to integrate and we have integrated our SaaSOptics with QuickBooks Online. Allows for easy integration with banks, credit card companies, and other financial management software.

Cons

QuickBooks Online session expires very often. Most of the times, it does not show the log out screen till we perform any action & proceed.

Alissa W.

Reviewed on 07/09/2018

A must for non-profits

Pros

Of course QuickBooks is the must have financial program for all your financial needs. The non profit version allows you to also track donations and the reports are titled for non profit reporting.

Cons

A bit tricky when you have a question, but I do like the forum for users.

Response from Intuit

Thanks a ton for the review, Alissa. I'm delighted to read we're meeting the needs of your non-profit, as we're more than proud to be backing you and your team. I'm glad you've had a chance to check out our aptly-named Community forum space (https://intuit.me/2rJQ95o), so have you had a chance to find us on Facebook (Intuit QuickBooks) and Twitter (QBCares) yet? We have chat-based representatives monitoring the customer comments and messages coming through those channels, and it'd be their pleasure to answer any questions you may have.

Keep up the excellent work, by the way!

Jess, The QuickBooks Team

Replied 12/09/2018
William T.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 04/07/2018

Great for a small to medium sized business.

Pros

My company uses Quickbooks Nonprofit specifically for payroll services. It has certain features absent from quickbooks online. Namely the ability to use multiple classes for an individual.
The software is very affordable and if you work for a small to medium sized nonprofit organization, this is probably the best value.
The software is very user friendly, and even a non-accountant can be quite proficient.

Cons

The software is not easily transfered to other software programs. For instance, even when you export a report to Excel, it includes blank spaces between columns, and some include row headers in different columns. This makes some cleaning up necessary if a pivot table is desired.

Lisa W.
  • Industry: E-Learning

Like the name Intuit - Quickbooks is an Intuitive Software

I have used QB in either a desktop or online product for the last 10 years. I love the product and am excited to see its growth into the accounting market.

Pros

I like the ease with which you can set up and edit a chart of accounts and integrate with other apps.

Cons

I wish Intuit did a better job of providing training materials. Even though it is easy to figure most functions out, I want to make the most of the product.

Megan M.

Amazing Online Program

Reports are what we strive on with our organization. This program can give you every report you can possible want that works for you.

Pros

I love how versatile this online product is. We seem to operate much smoother working from online. We are now capable of easily signing in from home and able to work from home.

Cons

Sometime the process of signing online can be difficult to some of our staff.

Gary T.
  • Industry: Chemicals

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

Adequate for simple product businesses

We run our business on it and have to work around all the limitations, it gets the job done, but we spend a lot of time having to use excel outside the product to get things completed. It is getting better but so slowly we have considered moving to another online software package.

Pros

QBO is an easy to use intuitive accounting software package with generally reliable online access. It has the basic accounting features that you would expect for a small business, but lacks the detailed features necessary for a bundled product business (one where your product is composed of Bill of Materials and you need to track the details on the sub components - think of gift baskets with 10 items in it, and the basket has a single SKU.) QBO has been improving in many ways and priority circle is a welcome addition to getting support.

Cons

The Reporting is really poor, you cannot simply build a report using any fields there are significant limitations of what fields you can include in a report. For instance you cannot write a report with customer and invoice information in it. IE. What customers have bought what products and when - this can't be done you need to export all the data and then do your own intersection to answer that question.

There is really limited inventory tracking - as long as you stock and sell individual wigets your are ok, but if you sell bundles you are screwed. We have to do all inventory tracking outside of QBO because it is so lacking.

You can't not do line item discounts.

You cannot have negative product line items ( like volume discounts or returns, etc.)

There are so many basic features in QBO Desktop that are totally lacking in the online version.

Dawn R.

Love Quickbooks

Love it

Pros

Love that the system is Very user Friendly.

Cons

Would like to see better Reporting and Crystal Reports.

Jonathan T.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Reviewed on 21/12/2017

Great for keeping your books in line!

Pros

I love the connectivity that QB has with other 3rd party applications that I use. I love the ability to see my clients and their balances with ease. I love the reports that you can build with QB. I also love that you can have separate users with separate access to the application.

Cons

Sometimes installation is a bit of a challenge. Setting up some of the features can be a hassle that requires contacting support and having them control my machine to fix the errors. I don't like that there is a new version every year because I get comfortable with the version that I have then something changes.

Kimber J.

Reviewed on 17/07/2019

Books made easy

Pros

It is very user friendly. All the books for our clients are in the same place.

Cons

Sometimes the autofill can mess you up. It can be turned off but is usually helpful.

Response from Intuit

Hi Kimber! We're thrilled to hear you're enjoying using QuickBooks and that it has made it easier to keep track of all your clients' books. Should you ever need assistance with the autofill not working properly, we recommend reaching our to our Community team: (https://community.intuit.com). There you'll also find self-help articles as well as discussions with your peers on a number of topics.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review!
Jen, The QuickBooks Team

Replied 14/08/2019
Kellianne M.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 12/06/2018

Great small business software

ease of use and most reporting.

Pros

Reporting is mostly good, easy entries solving the double entry accounting needed in a single entry; vendor set up is easy;customer invoicing is streamlined; bill paying is clear

Cons

This software will not perform detailed reports for donor tracking; cannot compare actual to budgeted costs at a single point in time for actuals, that is, cannot run a report to show actuals to date versus an annual budget which is the most frustrating thing about quickbooks, reporting has to be to a month or a year compared to the same period.

Connie E.

Upgrade from Desktop to Online

This is a great product and we love using it. Will be waiting on scheduling and dispatching to be added as well.

Pros

easy to use, streamline invoicing in the field, great tools to learn how to's...

Cons

Doesn't work well with Service Fusion for our inventory need and dispatching.

Grant S.

Reviewed on 17/01/2018

Quickbooks Used to be a Necessary Evil.

Pros

Quickbooks is a robust system that can support a lot of different types of business. I used the desktop version for many years, and for the past 3 years have used the subscription service. The SaaS version is a big upgrade, but it still has a lot of issues. I do really like the ability to link to my bank account and automatically sort transactions. This has saved me a lot of time.

Cons

The main issues with Quickbooks seem to stem for a lack of leadership around product decisions. They support many different types of the software, and this makes it next to impossible to integrate with Quickbooks. Legacy issues have plagued the ability to integrate software with Quickbooks and this has had a real impact on users. The most common issue is duplicate imports of banking transactions. I have wasted a lot of time trying to identify duplicates created by the system instead of true purchases.

Tenekia P.
  • Industry: Events Services

EXCELLENT PRODUCT

We are able to accommodate our customers with invoices, estimates, and receive payment in less than 15 minutes. The customers love the quick transitions. It allow us as a business to attend to more customers effectively and efficiently.

Pros

QuickBooks have improved the way we receive payment from customers. The customer's love the idea of paying on line and keeping the integrity of their card in safe keeping.

Cons

One time an invoice was not funded but stated paid.

Sarah D.

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

Easy for a user with any background. No accounting degree necessary.

Pros

I do not have an accounting background or degree, so this is an easy way for me to manage our company finances. It provides me with the tools I need to correctly record and track our payables and receivables. very easy to use.

Cons

It has extensive features and capabilities. I don't have the time to truly see how much more this product can be doing for me and my business. I find myself using the same features on a daily basis but know I could use more.