QuickBooks Online Advanced Reviews

About QuickBooks Online Advanced

QuickBooks Online Advanced is a cloud-based accounting solution that helps small to large enterprises manage expenses, projects, invoices and more. It comes with a centralized dashboard, which enables users to gain insights into...

4.2
4.1

Browse QuickBooks Online Advanced Reviews

Bob
Bob
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 10/09/2019

Over 10 years of complete satisfaction!

100 percent satisfied. I have been approached with offers to switch. I turn every single one of them down. QuickBooks has proven to be to be the absolute best software for me to use in this area.

Pros

I love QuickBooks for Non-Profits! I have used this software exclusively for the past 10 years with no problems at all.

I have received numerous compliments from Board Members of the accuracy and detail I provide when it comes to our financial reports. I have been told I provide the best reports they have seen (many are members of other non-profit boards). It is all accomplished with just a few clicks and the reports printed out!

Cons

It does take a bit of getting used to. Especially when you are first setting up the system. Once it is set up, it runs along fine.

One thing to make sure of is the category of the items you are entering. Otherwise, your reports will contain mis-categorized information. Be sure to check over your reports for accuracy in that area. If identified, it is a simple fix - but you must check it over.

Response from Intuit

Hearing that you've enjoyed using QuickBooks for so many years makes our day, Bob! We're thrilled to know that you're able to confidently present accurate data with the reports you've created without breaking a sweat. You can continue rely on us to have your back for years to come. It sounds like you're a pro, but if you ever need any assistance, we recommend checking out the Community. Here, you'll find detailed articles and advice from fellow users and QuickBooks Team members: https://community.intuit.com/

Thanks for an awesome review!
Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Replied 11/09/2019
Lisa

Reviewed on 01/11/2023

Veteran User of QBO

Overwhelmingly positive. I find it very intuitive. It does the job and I enjoy using the software. It doesn't frustrate me.

Pros

The reporting is good, the system is robust, the bank rec works, a lot can be automated, I use the payroll feature too which saves a lot of time.

Cons

The pension connection keeps not sinking so I manually have to go to the NEST website to enter in the numbers.

Wes
Wes

Reviewed on 14/09/2020

The Sofware You Love To Hate

We have used Enterprise for years and we had to make a change because our inventory was getting out of control. Sadly, Enterprise is missing about 5 things to make their manufacturing perfect and it just doesn't look like that is ever going to happen. Accordingly, we had to try and find an MRP software and the only way it would work well was moving to QBO. This was like making a choice to either get punched in the gut or punched in the throat. Either inventory was workable or accounting was workable.

Pros

It integrates with our current ECommerce cart and a few other programs (e.g. Zapier).

Cons

They have radically tried to over-simplify the product. For instance, the Vendor tab being under Expenses. As every accountant knows, Vendors aren't solely about Expenses. This is just one example of how, in trying to make this product more intuitive, they have thwarted anyone with accounting experience in using it.

There are so many things you cannot delete. Too many to try and list here.

Odoo and NetSuite

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

Enterprise is lacking some very basic purchasing function in their manufacturing product.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

It interfaced with our cart and MRP selection.

Response from Intuit

We appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us, Wes. Receiving your feedback will only help us continue to improve the product.Feel free to check out the QuickBooks Blog, as this is where your feedback comes to life:https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv. We hope you have a great business year filled with success and great health during this difficult time! -Hannah, The QuickBooks Team.

Replied 19/09/2020

Top QuickBooks Online Advanced Alternatives

Caseware Corporation Tax

Microsoft SharePoint

Shrijana
  • Industry: Museums & Institutions

Reviewed on 10/04/2024

Excellent Accounting Assistant

This is great accounting platform which save time & money to get best result.

Pros

All aspects such as invoicing, reporting, sales tax....

Cons

This is perfect for us and can't remember of any cons as of now.

Krystal

Reviewed on 04/03/2024

QBO needs to be your go-to

Pros

QuickBooks online's ease of use makes it a perfect accounting solution for everyone from new business owners with little to know accounting knowledge to CPA's

Cons

While it tries to make things easier some of the defaults are a bit confusing to the accountant

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

Cost and the system was too robust. The issues between posted transactions and nonposted always interrupted the closing process

Sage Intacct

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

Price was well below being able to use techsoup but also, as mentioned the ease of use and simplicity of the system still gets the job done without the fluff.
Harmony
  • Industry: Wholesale

QBO is Definitely Different

Our overall experience with QBO Advanced has been pretty good. I think with the development and implementation of more features or customization of different "modules" to be customer specific it would serve us perfectly. And hey, the price is WONDERFUL!

Pros

What I like most about using QBO Advanced is how user friendly and simplistic it is to use. We transitioned our entire financial management system and for the most part it was relatively smooth.

Cons

There were many obstacles to overcome in the transition to QBO Advanced. It mainly involve how to find work around solutions for areas not offered in QBO Advanced such as specifically detailed inventory management and also fixed assets. The inventory process in QBO is clunky and too simplistic for our company, BUT since QBO is so easy to use we have customized processes to make it work for us.

QuickBooks Enterprise

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

We made the switch at the behest of our former accountants.

Sage 100

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

Our former account didn't inform us of possibly a more suitable program. QBO Advanced was easiest for them.
Joe
  • Industry: Wholesale

The Best Option Out There

We were doing all of our accounting manually before and it got to a point where we could not keep up. Now none of our upcoming expenses are a surprise and we know with great accuracy what our financial position is while we are determining if an opportunity is right for us.

Pros

I like that it is universally used so no matter how many different financial professionals from how many different companies I have to deal with they are familiar with the software so there is no learning or teaching curve there.

Cons

The biggest flaw I would say is when a new 3rd party program comes out that works well with my business Quickbooks seems to lag behind in having some kind of integration available. Ideally I would like all my softwares so integrate with Quickbooks so that I can use the full power of the system.

Xero

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

Because Xero is new and if it catches on that will take years, Quickbooks is THE accounting software and I feel like it always will be.

QBO Improving

We experience little downtime, despite some slowing of speeds. We're impressed with QBO at this time.

Pros

Many new features being updated regularly. Does what we need it to do.

Cons

Speed improvements as our file grows is very important.

QuickBooks Enterprise

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

Cloud-based computing was very important in our decision. A company we know that would be around and continue to improve.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

Cloud-based computing is the main reason we switched from Enterprise.
Robert
  • Industry: Utilities

Reviewed on 24/11/2023

Surprised that I like Quickbooks Online

I knew I would have a learning curve after using Desktop Premium. That learning curve was shorter than expected and I am now considering features such as expense receipts. I will compare to using Expensify (which I dislike, but is used by several staff). I am always able to find workarounds and/or strategies to do what I want to do with invoices, reports, bills, and reports. I haven't fully explored the reporting features yet, though the immediate needs are easily met.

Pros

As I become more familiar with navigating through QBO (this software), I have come to like it much more than a previous version which I used briefly a few years ago. I like this software and have had only minor and temporary adjustment issues after converting from Quickbooks Desktop Premium.

Cons

Surprisingly, I don't have any strong dislikes. My navigation and use habits with Desktop had developed over several years. I can do everything in the Online version though I spend longer at this point. The new habits are quickly decreasing the extra time I initially spent. I found that I can have a few browser windows open so I am not constantly going back to a previous menu item. That was a major issue initially, and is now a minor annoyance at times.

Sabrina

Multi Small Company

Quickbooks Online Advanced overall has served our purpose well, especially as a small company, but as we continue to grow and with the expense increase we may need to look for other options that are more robust. It was worth it to attempt to make the system work for the cost, but not so much anymore.

Pros

The software is easy to use and can be accessed by multiple people in multiple locations. There are a multitude of videos available when attempting to do something new.

Cons

The cost has increased from $30 to $150 per month, which is a major increase for what doesn't seem like a lot of extra tools. The few things that our company needs cannot be helped with Priority Circle, we need the system to work more like desktop did.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

We are already using Quickbooks online and further research needs to be done before a major overhaul of the system is completed.
Ryan

Quickbooks Online Advanced

There are so many reasons why we love working on Quickbooks online. The credit card processor working through our website, the mobile app and card processor, as well as the integration to WordPress and to help add automation to our financial recording.

Pros

There are so many features to this software, but my favorite is definitely the online platform. I am able to see the progress of the business through my phone or iPad and not just sitting behind a desk. So much business is done on the road or moving around and having the app easily accessible I can always be in touch with what is going on in the company.

Cons

Setting up the new company file was difficult. We were moving from QuickBooks desktop and it had to much data (20 years worth) that we were not able to compress it then upload the information to the new platform. We were able to do batch uploads which did allow us to preserve some data but it did make the transition a little more difficult than it needed to be.

QuickBooks Desktop

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

We made the switch to help add automation to our process and to move to software better suited for our needs. We were using the Desktop version for 20 years so we needed to get something newer and more customizable.

QuickBooks Desktop

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

We looked at enhancing our QuickBooks desktop, but all the pros that online had for us gave us only one option and that was to upgrade to the online version. The Quickbooks IOS App and the integrations with our website make it the best software for us by far.
Eugene
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Reviewed on 05/05/2022

QB Online Advanced - A must have for todays business landscape

Overall QuickBooks online advanced is a excellent product without which our business would not run as smoothly I highly recommend this product to any small business.

Pros

It is very easy to use and does not require an enormous amount of training. I especially like being able to integrate directly into our electronic data interchange system as well as our bank. QuickBooks online advanced really brings all of the useful features together to create a platform that helps our business run smoothly.

Cons

Although the help section is very thorough, it is not as easy to navigate. I wish there was an easier way. The graphic user interface could also use a little bit of improvement in terms of placing of features to make them more intuitive.

FreshBooks

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

QuickBooks online advanced had significantly more features and more visibility into our business.
Richard
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Quickbooks Online for Aircraft Maintenance

Pros

Quickbooks Online allows us to streamline our accounting process as well as inventory tracking. Our customers love to be able to receive estimates and invoices online as well as pay online. With unlimited chart of accounts and excellent reporting features we are able to monitor the pulse of the company daily.

Cons

If you are not an accounting guru, have access to an accountant or you do not understand debits, credits and accounting concepts you are going to feel lost. There is an extreme learning curve for small business owners who go from physical books and spreadsheets to Quickbooks Online. Once you learn everything you will find the software very helpful, but when you first get started odds are, you're going to inadvertently make a big mess of your books until you figure it all out.

Sara

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

Efficient and Insightful

Since switching to QBO Advance our company has not only been able to work efficient and effectively but also pinpoint trouble areas both within our financials and bookkeeping. We have been able to work towards correcting and improving these areas. Overall, we are very happy with our experience thus far with QBO Advanced.

Pros

There are several features we find extremely convenient, including, the ability to directly connect our bank accounts, remote access to our software, and the at a glance profit and loss for projects. We also find the project feature to be the most useful and enjoy the hourly cost rate within projects to be extremely insightful. A final area we find extremely useful is the user permissions feature within QBO Advance; this feature has given us the ability to broaden our users and therefore increase our workflow efficiency without sharing our financial data.

Cons

We have found the payroll add-on to be difficult to work with, specifically, distributing the different pay rates because our employees get paid different wages when working on government jobs as well was when they work overtime. Overtime does not seem to accurately pull from the time cards and pay appropriately for overtime. We also wish more payroll data had transferred when switching from desktop to online.

Ross
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 18/10/2022

Excellent Software

Overall my experience has been good, a few times either myself or another user has made a mistake but with the help of online and phone support we got the issue fixed in a timely manner.

Pros

Overall the software is easy to use and robust New features have a learning curve as with most things, the online help with this is good.

Cons

The price can be daunting for smaller businesses or even individuals

Xero

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

Recommendation from a friend who uses the lower tier package, but thought the higher tier package would be a good fit for us.
Russell
Russell

Reviewed on 19/07/2022

Ubiquitous and necessary, but far from perfect

It is a necessary evil.

Pros

Online access is convenient. Most clients are already using it. Easy to get accountant access. Bank feeds are superior to the desktop product. Integrates with many different tools through Zapier. Works with a large array of direct 3rd party add ins.

Cons

It lacks basic and essential features such as reliable backup/restoration of data, month end closing tools, etc. forcing us to pay third parties to make up for what QBO lacks. The receipt capture is too limited and is very poor at matching transactions if it doesn’t automatically recognize a receipt.

The system is extremely nit picky about which type of transaction you are using in the moment. This is not an issue with QB desktop as you can easily enter almost any type of transaction from the register without the need to tell it what you are doing in advance.

The product does not often get substantive improvements and yet the subscription fees are very high and are increasing over time. Pay more, get the same product.

Response from Intuit

We appreciate you taking the time to write your review, Russell.

We want to be sure you're enjoying your time with QuickBooks, and that you're getting the most out of your product. If you have any suggestions about what you think would make QuickBooks better for your business and others, please don't hesitate to send these over for our Developers review using the 'Feedback?' icon in-account.

Also, if you need assistance or run into any issues, please don't hesitate to get in touch with our QuickBooks Technical Support Team by phone or chat using the 'Help (?)' icon > 'Contact Us' right from within your account. We'd be more than happy to take care of you.

-Faith, The QuickBooks Team

Replied 21/07/2022
Charles

Reviewed on 05/12/2022

Quickbooks Review

Experience has been great and very professional so far!

Pros

I loved how automated my invoices and billing became using quickbooks. I enjoy the professional look and easy use of the platform. It made it also easier to build and make expenses report. The customer service was also really good as I was able to schedule a call within the first 5 min on the website

Cons

Right now, I need a bit more experience on the platform. However, I would say that the price are decent and good for what I am using. Nothing negative to say about the platform.

PayPal , Square Payments , Cash App and Venmo

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

Better price and it fit my business more

PayPal and PaySimple

Reviewed on 04/08/2022

Quickbooks Online Review

Overall for bookkeeping and accounting this software is simple to use as long as you don't use other features like processing payments.

Pros

It was very easy to set up and use. Interface is nicely laid out. Reports are easy to find and prepare.

Cons

You are not able to create multiple invoice templates with different company names ie. one company with a numbered name and another with the business name. Also you have no control over online payments. Quickbooks will give you a chargeback but they won't release any info on the transaction so best not to use them for your online store. Use another service.

Zoho Books

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

My Accountant recommended Quickbooks.

AccountEdge

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

Recommended by my accoutant.
Peggy
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 02/02/2024

A Must-Have For Administrators Looking For Efficient Payroll and Budgeting Software

Exceptional. I would be unable to handle the administrative functions of my position as well as client caseload without this software.

Pros

Ease of use! I am not an accountant nor am I professionally trained in business operations. When I was elevated from Staff Attorney to Executive Director I inherited administrative responsibilities that I was completely unfamiliar with. However, I was pleasantly surprised by how intuitive and efficient the software is. I am confident the transition into my position would have been far more difficult, but not for our subscription to QuickBooks Online.

Cons

After connecting our client management database and bank accounts to Quickbooks Online, I began to see duplicate transaction entries. In troubleshooting the issue, I discovered that deleting the journal entry created by our client database was the only way to resolve the issue. This makes me uncomfortable. I wish there were a way to "archive" the journal transaction. This would allow the system to properly reflect the journal created by the client database, as well as my direct entry in the accounting software without affecting the overall balance.

Debi
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 29/03/2024

Disappointed in QB Online constant updates

It has been beyond frustrating working with QB customer service to add back a column on a report that was removed (probably accidentally in June 2023). I want to see the NOTES field added back to the Customer export and have reached out to numerous supervisors and have been told many times it will be added back. It is now 10 months later and the field has not been added back.
I have provided "Feedback" numerous times as well.
Super frustrated with the customer support team not taking steps to fix this.

Pros

It's important to access QB from different computers/locations.

Cons

I have provided "Feedback" numerous times as well.
Super frustrated with the customer support team not taking steps to fix this.

Eric

Reviewed on 10/02/2021

As a General Contractor I wouldn't recommend

Frustrating

Pros

Nothing really. We used to have QB desktop and it was pretty solid, but it was clunky for our remote accountant to access the desktop version (possible, just challenging for only our accountant or we could be on the desktop version at a time). Otherwise it the desktop version was great.

Cons

Where do I start. Customer service knows 'zero' about the construction industry hence can't relate to questions regarding simple things such as sub-contractor W9 and certificate of insurance (COI) storage. QB desktop has a place for input of COI storage with the addition of 'reminders' when a sub's COI expires. The online version has nothing for this (and this is a big deal for a growing general contractor - keeping track of COI manually is a huge pain). Also, when adding a project (location) for an Existing customer one would think you could go into an Existing customer profile to create a new project - but no, you have to create an entirely new CUSTOMER to do this, when all you are doing is adding a project to an existing Customer. It's baffling. Our accountant also doesn't like QB online and commented it was designed by website designers - not accountants. I agree. We're looking for new accounting software.

Samantha

Mandatory for Business

It has been good. The price is a pain, but you get a ton of features even if you dont use every single one. We have enjoyed using QBO for years and will continue to use the service.

Pros

-The customer service is on point every time. They are super helpful and can help you with errors and questions of any sorts. Any time I have had to contact them, they are quick and helpful. They also are kind!
-New Features added all the time

Cons

- Wont save the date to the actual date. It saves the last date you put in, which can be a really huge error later if you didnt change the date and went about your day.
-Prices tripled and they did add a ton of features, they arent really used by my size company and we had to get the upgraded version for ONE feature we use, which feels like waste

Sue
  • Industry: Motion Pictures & Film

Reviewed on 12/06/2018

My experience with quickbooks has been very positive.

easy to use and teach
makes our ability to do work very easy

Pros

easy to use
easy to teach
functions are compatible with our organization's operations
Allows a lot of customization for reports

Cons

not cheap
tech support is too expensive
some updates are not necessary. Seem to occur just so it can be said that it was updated.

Response from Intuit

I want you to have all the info you deserve about why support incurs a fee and the reasons behind updates, Sue. While many subscription-based products have support included in the monthly charge (like Online), our standalone Desktop products are billed once upon purchase. Instead of charging more for the product itself, the price is kept at a lower rate by offering advanced support separately. There's more about support plans, and what you can still get without them, at https://community.intuit.com/articles/1501198. Additionally, the need to upgrade the program, and discontinue older products, is a decision predicated on the assurance you will receive top of the line software and support. As older products are retired, all attention can be given to the most secure and feature-laden service on the market.

Before I forget, thanks for reaching out with your review. Happy filming to you and your team at Rehoboth Beach Film Society, by the way. Break a leg!

Jess, The QuickBooks Team

Replied 15/06/2018
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 28/11/2020

Affordable, realiable and easy to use

Accounting made easy even for those bookkeepers or accountants new to the software.

Pros

QuickBooks for nonprofits can handle small nonprofits and large ones as well. The system is easy to use and QuickBooks has a ton of guides and videos to help begins with just about anything. Truly accounting made easy, not to mention the dozens of app integrations available.

Cons

My only complaint is when calling customer service, I have been helped by representatives who know less than I do about their program. I just hand up and call again to talk to someone else.

Noura

Reviewed on 29/04/2021

Love QuickBooks Online

It has been great. It took a little bit of time to get used to switch from desktop to online. Initially I didn't like it as much as the desktop, but got used to it fairly quickly.

Pros

Easy to use. Great customer support with multiple ways to contact support. Helps us track our company easily. Has everything our business needs.

Cons

The app is a little different than the web version, which throws me off sometimes when I am used to doing things a certain way using the web version.