Rippling Reviews

Visit Website

About Rippling

Rippling gives businesses one place to run HR, IT, and Finance. It brings together all of the workforce systems that are normally scattered across a company, like payroll, expenses, benefits, and computers. So for the first time...

Browse Rippling Reviews

3,033 of 3,033 reviews
Kelly M
Kelly M

Reviewed on 09/01/2023

An excellent all-in-one tool for the HR team

Among the several HR programs we use, Rippling is among the very finest. It's a one-stop-shop for everything I need to do my job, from requesting time off to managing my health insurance. It's just so simple to use.

Pros

By empowering me with Rippling's product, our team can maintain a product-heavy, lean operational structure. Thanks to the onboarding process, I was able to keep my focus on the big picture rather than getting bogged down in the weeds, and I'm confident in my ability to make rapid progress thanks to the fact that my work is being reviewed by people who are experts in their field.

Cons

The primary issue I have with Rippling is strictly a matter of personal opinion when it comes to the product's aesthetics: the design may seem cold and distant, making even simple tasks feel like more of an ordeal than they really are.

Fernando
  • Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity

Reviewed on 01/12/2023

Best all-in-one HR and Payroll software

Terrific experience. It was easy to implement and scale. I would recommend Rippling to any company with over 20 employees to centralize all the information required to run an HR department and make payroll.

Pros

It is an easy way to manage both W2 employees and 1099 contractors. You can keep track of their hours, make payments, share benefits with employees, have all the required HR documentation for compliance.

Its interface is also fantastic for both administrators and users.

Cons

If the main administrator is not available, there is no way to approve any changes in the 401k roll over process and Rippling cannot help a lot with this.

BILL and Deel

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Rippling allowed us to hire international contractors as well and had the full suite implemented in one software, including the invoicing option for contractors.
Kristen

Reviewed on 14/02/2024

Stay far away.

From the sales process to leaving Rippling every step of the way was filled with poor service. In addition to the above, an employee's benefits were cut off without prior approval, wage reports filed incorrectly and offshore customer service was contradictory, unaccountable and untrained. When I finally received service on the second level, I was subjected to more sales pitches, my favorite was the PEO person telling me that employees really couldn't reach the HR folks any way but email because, you know, this is a software company. Yep. One that shouldn't be in the payroll and HR business.

I have never had such a bad experience running payroll with any company, and this is something I have been doing for my company and client companies for over 25 years.

Pros

I liked leaving Rippling the most. I've used Paycom, ADP, QuickBooks payroll, none of whom are known to be easy and I would recommend all of them over this software. I did appreciate the email reminders for payroll, but that was it.

Cons

Onboarding. I was treated like a fool who didn't know what a payroll period ending date vs a check date was. The constant pop ups on login. The confusing user interface and poor reports. The horrible customer service.

OnPay and Gusto

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

We were upgrading to Quickbooks Online and I don't care for how their payroll reports integrate into the books. They are always on a cash basis and require journal entries to convert them to accrual.

QuickBooks Payroll

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Software management which ended up being pricey and not necessary. We handle this better in house. I also had a client recommend it, who I think was inebriated when he suggested them.

Top Rippling Alternatives

Lettie

Reviewed on 05/12/2023

Always growing and upgrading services

Even with the billing inconveniences, I would still recommend Rippling - it's the best HRIS system I have worked with to this point.

Pros

Rippling is an all in one HRIS platform that is very user friendly and very customizable. I have enjoyed working with Rippling and would defiantly recommend it to other companies.

Cons

I've struggled with the way Rippling handles billing. Our finance department has a hard time weeding through the way the billing happens.

Mike

Reviewed on 06/11/2023

Best in Class

We recommend and use a lot of software products, and in my opinion, Rippling has risen in to the top of all our software vendors.

Pros

I had used another product that was below average. I had researched and recommended Rippling to a client a year ago, and decided to use it for our company.

The Rippling reviews were great, which set a high bar, and Rippling exceeded it. The conversion was thorough and easy to follow-up. My assigned PM was exceptional. Once the set-up was complete, employee onboarding and Payroll processing were simple. I'm now less worried about compliance.

Cons

Their timesheet tool is a little pricey, but other than that, I can't think of a single thing.

Gusto, Patriot Payroll, ADP GlobalView Payroll and Paylocity

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Broken processes like Direct Deposit. Poor tax interface and compliance.

Quickbooks Online

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

High product and customer service ratings were what got me initially interested. Then the software trial and price were what closed the deal.
Danielle

Reviewed on 18/12/2023

All-in-one for employee services management

As someone who doesn't have a background in HR services and needs to run their business smoothly, Rippling has everything in one place for me, letting me know exactly what needs to be done to make sure my employees' needs are met. And again, the customer support is wonderful.

Pros

The customer support is stellar, accessible, and reliable. I have never had to wait too long to get a question answered or an issue resolved.

Cons

Sometimes I feel like some features or setups are hidden away, and I won't know I need to fill them out or set them up until I am alerted.

Gusto and Deel

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

All-in-one solution for payroll, benefits, Human Resources, etc.
Matthew
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 30/11/2023

Great Value Payroll Processing

Very happy with Rippling. It has lowered our payroll costs and made some things easier.

Pros

Easy Payroll. Automated features. Automated 360-degree integration with our 401k company.

Cons

Took a while to get used to it. We're a small company, small payroll, so I don't use it much and still takes me a while to remember how to do certain things (i.e. It's not entirely intuitive to me)

Gusto

Cost savings and to facilitate an inexpensive 401k program

Paychex Flex

Reviewed on 15/12/2023

Modern payroll system

It’s actually pleasant to use the product and the UI is thoughtfully designed and easy to navigate. Without Rippling we would have needed someone full time to manage everything.

Pros

Love that they add new features all the time, making it easier and cheaper to manage al of our payroll, HR, benefits in one place. Also love the option to join their PEO which saved us $40,000 a year on healthcare.

Cons

Sometimes setting up healthcare can be very frustrating and confusing. For example, an employee signed up for an HSA even though we don’t offer that, and it was a headache to unwind.

Gusto and Deel

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Rippling has a much more expansive and mature product offering
Utku
Utku

Reviewed on 08/12/2023

Excellent Platform for HR

Pros

I liked the simplicity and the thoughtfulness that is baked into the platform. Truly in a self-service fashion, once you get the hang of it, it becomes a frequent part of how you manage your company and your team.

Cons

Not much that I can think of, I wish the onboarding laundry list could be removed since I completed all of them.

Autumn

Reviewed on 04/12/2023

One of the best HRIS I have used

wonderful! love the product and love the team we had!

Pros

Rippling is incredibly user-friendly and easy to navigate. There are so many features and capabilities that go far beyond any other HRIS on the market right now.

Cons

It can be a bit overwhelming to learn all of the functions, not necessarily a bad thing just a lot at the start.

Letha

Reviewed on 29/10/2019

Modernized Flexible Solutions

Pros

The smoothness of not only the implementation, but the usability of the program for both admins and employees.

Cons

As Rippling is still relatively new itself, there are some features or capabilities that are unique to our company - such as having multiple entities, banking needs, etc. - that Rippling doesn't quite offer yet- HOWEVER, our account manager and the support team have been receptive and responsive to our needs and are continuing to work on the things we need as we request them, which is great.

Gusto, myStaffingPro and Paycor

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Not only was the customer/account service at ADP unreliable, the system itself was outdated, complicated, and not user friendly. We had several tax, payroll, and reporting issues occur with ADP and made the decision to move to a move modern solution.

ADP Workforce Now

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Rippling offered us the ability to integrate many of our existing SaaS solutions via API to our account. Onboarding and Offboarding using one tool was a sell for us, as security is important to our company. The ability to accommodate all of our needs and the seamless reporting available were great selling points.

Response from Rippling

Thanks for your feedback :) We're constantly working on building new features.

Replied 13/12/2019
Antoinette
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 27/02/2020

Great Overall Business Product

Rippling has saved me time and money overall. Combining all HR aspects with payroll, apps, and equipment is the best bundle of services you could ask for, especially when you are dealing with multiple roles and departments.

Pros

Rippling is extremely intuitive and easy to use! They make payroll a breeze each wee and walk you through ever step of the way. They integrate easily into QB and other platforms. The PTO tracking system is quite extensive and allows for easy tracking of employees hours and is very easy for employees to use when requesting time off. Pricing is very competitive and has saved our non-profit a lot of funds when compared to what we were using previously.

Cons

The only con with Rippling is that they do not have a customer service phone line to call, all inquiries are done via email.

Gusto and Namely

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Pricing, overall customer service, and health insurance reps

TriNet Zenefits

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Rippling had the right fit for our organization with pricing, products, and implementation.
Derrick
Derrick

Reviewed on 21/05/2020

Rippling is fantastic! Best software product I’ve used in years

Fantastic. Everything from the implementation to our daily use, this has been one of the best product purchases I’ve ever made. Plus, my boss ([SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]
) absolutely loves Rippling and has even talked about it at our board meeting! Good stuff all around and I have recommended it to at least a dozen colleagues in my local market.

Pros

The automations, integrations, and ease of use are second to none. Important tasks (i.e. onboarding a new employee) used to take me an hour and a half to complete with our prior vendor (due to disconnected workflows, confusing product layout, etc) and it now takes me less than 10 min with Rippling. Transformational.

Cons

The only con i can point to is not being able to just call into a customer support number for important issues (to speak to a live person), but the support email is monitored regularly, so it definitely makes up for any negatives. They also recently instituted a Pod system to support issues and it has been a great experience. It also appears they have recently hired account managers, which tells me they continue to scale the organization and add the appropriate team members for additional support. Good stuff all around.

Namely and Justworks

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Old school payroll systems don’t seem to be focused much on the end user, which results in a complicated product and a host of needless activities and obsolete work streams which waste valuable time and cause undue frustrations. Plus, Not only is Rippling a huge time saver, but also a money saver as well! We have substantially increased productivity while reducing costs by 20%. It was a no-brainer to make the switch.

ADP Workforce Now

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Cost effectiveness, ease of use, flexibility on purchasing only the modules we need. Plus, we were able to bring our own benefits broker, which others don’t allow. We ended up switching to Rippling/NFP as our broker after a couple of months because their service and offerings are more robust than our prior relationship, but that was by our choice.
Brock
  • Industry: Animation

Reviewed on 31/03/2021

Brock McKinley's Review for Epipheo

Now we are connecting up a bunch of programs together to make my workflow easier. Ripping is putting my HR, payroll, benefits and onboarding all into one place and makes my job that much better. I don't have to go to one program to send docs to an employee and then another to set up an email for a new employee and then to another to check an employee's benefit elections. Putting together all these things in one easy to navigate and understand platform is going to blow the competition away.

Pros

The easy of use! It just makes sense! Coming from Paycor, which is a convoluted mess, Rippling is a breath of fresh air. Easy to find what you are looking for and get things done. I'm no longer wasting time trying to figure out how to do something.

Cons

Only little things that could be improved. For the most part this in in regard to organizing things.

Would be great to be able to change the order of apps in the side panels.

Also would like to be able to duplicate templates in order to make slight changes.

Also sometimes navigating the Custom Fields grid for employees can be hard to see what you are doing because it only shows the field title and not the section you are in. So maybe lines dividing sections or at least the section titles at the top could help with viewing and navigating.

TriNet Zenefits

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Because Paycor is a complicated program that was messing up so many aspects of our business and they have absolutely NO customer service. We had an issue in January 2021 and I call three times to sit on hold for hours with no response. Filled out a support ticket and still to this day havent' received a response. They are basically a horrible company that doesn't care about the customers that have been using their services for years.

Paycor

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Zenefits doesn't have the elegant UI and isn't very professional feeling. Still found it hard to navigate. One plus is it did give us access to a dummy account to play around with. But overall was very underwhelming.
Heather

Reviewed on 15/02/2022

Too Many Hidden Fees for everything

My experience started out good until we started to receive 4-7 notices a month of late payments & late fillings, we never had this issue prior to switching to Rippling. We had to have a few corrections made to payroll and when I contacted support on this they let me know there would be a flat fee per change. Obviously, we paid that as we needed the corrections done. Then we found that some of the prior payroll that Rippling imported was incorrect so we had to contact the previous software to make the corrections and then upload a new YTD Payroll Detail to Rippling. I did that and ended up having to contact support 8 times for this and nothing had been done from the first contact I made with support. On the 8th time I contacted support they let me know it would be $500 for a reimport and then a flat fee for each return that would need to be amended. Not once in any of the previous contacts with support was a fee mentioned. We were not happy about this and we tried to get that waived due to the horrible support on this we received and we were told they could not waive the fee. All in all I would not recommend Rippling as they are already expensive enough and have way to many hidden fees.

Pros

There are only 2 good things about this software 1 is that it is multi-state and 2 is the ease of use.

Cons

Support is very lacking. It is impossible to talk to a real person. It takes way to long for issues to be resolved. There is an extra fee for everything including payroll corrections it is not cheap you are not told this up front at all until you contact support to have a correction made, then if the correction causes a return to be amended it costs extra money for those to be done. For the price you pay on a monthly basis for Rippling one would think that these things would not cost extra money.

QuickBooks Payroll, Gusto and RUN Powered by ADP

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

The previous software is going away.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

The many options and so-called upfront pricing.
Emily

Reviewed on 06/01/2023

Amazing HRIS software for Global Companies!

I'm a big fan of Rippling! We use this platform for US payroll, US benefit administration, a global HRIS, and in EU we additionally use is to maintain compliance in time tracking. It suits all of our needs and if we ever have a problem, customer success is there to fix it within minutes.

Pros

I can not speak highly enough about Rippling. After working with several other HRIS systems (Namely most recently) and PEOs (ADP and Trinet most recently) I am highly impressed by both the quality of the platform as well as the customer support.

Cons

At times, the software can be a bit complex to use. But customer support is always there to help you. One feature I would love to see is a better HR dashboard, the reporting is wonderful but it would be great to simply log in and look at things like attrition, change over time, etc.

Bob

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Namely was not a suitable platform for our company, for many reasons I've included in their review.

Namely

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Bob was not able to support US benefit administration.
Lea

Reviewed on 12/04/2023

New Client - Implementation was a breeze and we love Rippling!!

Our business is solving time and attendance tracking, payroll navigation and so much more. This system also helps with our accurate tax reporting. Our experience has been fantastic. From our product quote stage, through implementation and rollout to managing the system we have not encountered an issue that could not be quickly resolved. Our team felt no bumps as we transitioned from our previous provider. We like Rippling so much we are exploring all the products available now.

Pros

Ease of use. The fact that we have professionals who can chat when we need is wonderful. No more waiting on hold for customer service to help resolve an issue. We can track aggregate data efficiently and our employees love the communication, and ease of use.

Cons

AS we rolled out our payroll system, we had a few questions on new Colorado tax laws, but they were solved.

Paycom and ADP TotalSource

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Paychex caused our team many headaches. They did not accurately record our employee time and attendance. They did not even know which products we purchased or had under our account. If we called to question, we were often told we could only speak to one person who was assigned our account which pulled our problems out and offered little to no solutions.

Paychex Flex

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

We chose Rippling because the technology supports our needs. Rippling customer service and collaborative thinking helps us in real time. The ability to add and remove products as we navigate our changing needs is a game changer. It truly is a positive Ripple effect!!
Jarrod

Reviewed on 24/06/2023

Easy-to-use and deploy HRIS that centralizes IT Asset Management and HR functions in to one...

Pros

Overall the product is easy-to-use and deploy. For a smaller company, being able to deploy an HRIS that also ties in the basic IT and security functions related to off-boarding and onboarding new employees is a huge benefit. We (IT/infosec) wanted an HR-driven provisioning process and still wanted to leverage our SSO platform Okta. Rippling let us do this and it's working very well for us. It's a simple integration and set up and as a small company, that's what we wanted.

Cons

There were significant issues with their inventory management functionality (the warehouse and store) around tracking/status and shipping/order times. Inventory for devices was hit-or-miss as well. It ended up being easier and less of a headache for us to handle it ourselves. Their device management platform lacks some of the features that the larger players like JAMF or InTune have, but the basics work well. Logging for scripting or profile deployments is basic at-best and is tough to use when troubleshooting.

BambooHR

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

We needed a more robust HRIS platform that integrated with our Okta SSO platform

Gusto

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

HR liked the payroll and benefits modules better in Rippling
Oluwadamilola

Reviewed on 28/01/2023

Excellent Experience with Rippling: Streamlined HR and Payroll Solutions

Overall, Rippling has been an excellent experience for our company. Not only do they have streamlined HR and payroll solutions, but their customer service and support is second to none.

Pros

Rippling has been an absolute game-changer for our company. Their streamlined HR and payroll system saves us an immense amount of time and money! Not only is it easy to use, but customer support is always available to help with any questions or issues.

Cons

The only downside with Rippling is that their feature set is not as extensive as some of the more established HR and payroll solutions. There are some features and integrations that are missing which can be limiting for larger companies.

Yuliana
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 07/09/2023

Excellent tool that will grow with you!

We have been working with Rippling for about 3 months now and it has been a positive experience. They are hands-on with the implementation and also train you on the product as they guide you through the process. We have run our first payroll and everything went very smoothly!

Pros

This tool is super user friendly and the implementation guidance for the admin staff to set-up the product is amazing! They walk you through everything and make sure you know exactly where you can find the answers to your questions.

Cons

I wish there was more support for small teams around state tax registration, while registering for state tax numbers is not super complicated, it is time consuming. Rippling offers this help through an additional package at an added cost. It is not included in the Payroll administration package.

Gusto and Paylocity

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

We needed a tool that offered more support.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

We appreciated all the integrations that Rippling offered, we also saw Rippling as a tool that would grow with us as our organization continued to expand.
Christine

Reviewed on 09/01/2022

Robust and easy to use

Pros

Rippling is very easy to use and has many features that help to get all your administrative work done fast and accurately. I like how managers are also given the capacity to pull their own team reports vs relying on HR to provide them with reporting data.

Cons

Adding new hires into Rippling throughout the year does not automatically add the prorata vacation days into their profile - you need to manually add that data.

Bob and BambooHR

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

We outgrew the simple features on Collage (which I adopted when I joined my current company) and needed something more robust in order to scale. So glad with our choice.

Collage HR

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Rippling took care of our US payroll (we have US and Canadian employees) and their were plenty of add on features that we could select which Rippling provided.
Jessica
Jessica

Reviewed on 17/03/2023

It allows me to facilitate the process of hiring tasks

Everything has a place, and I can quickly locate the information I need. The signup process is straightforward and practical. It's a fantastic tool for keeping everyone on the same page, from workers to supervisors.

Pros

The streamlined instructions for new recruit tasks were really helpful. I also like being able to access all of my company's data from a one app. Because of ripple, I was able to immediately begin new hire tasks, take care of my benefits, and handle all other aspects of the new hiring procedures.

Cons

Absolutely nothing about this is counterproductive. The system's user interface and functionality meet my needs, so that's good. However, the structure of this review is not something I enjoy. Make a check box survey out of it. I don't have answers to several of the inquiries, such as which product version and options the company currently uses.

Angel

Reviewed on 20/09/2023

The most scamming HR product ever

Terrible experience. Rippling keeps charging us monthly yet the implementation specialist is missing and dragging us to pay the next month with nothing delivered. The company should only focus on HRIS/payroll. Instead, it expands into IT management, renting warehouses for other companies to store their devices, vendor bill payments. This company is trying to grab all, while none of the things in the plate is completed.For anyone who is not based on U.S., STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY - IT'S A LIE!

Pros

The idea is good. The details and executions are not.They tried to be international - however details are very lack of.

Cons

They are U.S based and just started to roll out payroll in Canada which we are using it. it is a joke:1. The implementation specialist ghosted at us. We had a call, I sent couple of follow up emails and even after one week there was no response. As of today, our implementation specialist still absent in the middle of the implementation process.2. We are using rippling Canada. They said we could pay global contractors in USD. We have a USD account but it's with a Canadian bank given we are a Canadian company. We asked if we could pay our global contractors via our USD account that is under a Canadian Bank (ie. Bmo, CIBC's USD account). They have been flipping the answer back and forth and eventually told me it's no. Rippling only pays global contractors via USD account SOLELY based on U.S., or process global payment via Rippling's payment processor, which incurs tons of FX fee. Therefore, the so called "International Payment to global contractor" is a lie to us.3. They ask me to upload employees/contractors details. However, the "contractors' end date" is missing from the template. Therefore it's not showing in the system after you import it. The implementation specialist asked me to retroactively add it one by one. This is ridiculous and doesn't make sense at all. 4. Worker's comp such as WSB is missing. Therefore as an HR specialist, I will have to manually calculate the gross amount each quarter to report.

ADP Workforce Now and Humi
  • Industry: Machinery

Reviewed on 10/03/2022

A lot to like, but if you need payroll be wary

As I mentioned, on the HR side of things, it is fairly easy to use Rippling. Payroll has its positives, until something goes wrong and then it is the worst nightmare and time suck that you will experience with a payroll software. As you can tell I am pretty frustrated. This isn't my first time that I have searched for other alternatives. I am considering other options at this point. Somehow the last five times I went through this they came through in the end but not before exhausting me, their customer and my accountant. It's not fun to rack up bills fixing the mistakes for software that I am paying for. If I change it will be to one of the payroll services with phone support.

Pros

Rippling on the whole is fairly easy to use and employee friendly, until you get to payroll.

Cons

The customer support setup is dreadful. Again, the people are nice, but the way it is handled is not acceptable for payroll. Payroll needs to have phone support as it is a time sensitive issue. I have been through all their growing pains, and feel like I should be compensated for debugging their software. They brought taxes in house and now several tax forms are late, again!

There is no transparency with your payroll taxes or payments. I reached out to my account representative and his email address is no longer valid. ARGH. The inability to ever reach them via phone is a huge negative and the email support ticketing system is ridiculous if you have payroll questions.

Also several of my open issues were never resolved, and they were over a broad range of issues involving payroll, pto, and insurance, yet they closed all the tickets. Again, promises promises on anything that isn't working correctly.

The funding may be rolling in for Mr. Conrad, but they are losing grasp of the basics, as well as the items that used to function properly. At some point the reviews will not be so kind if this continues. If they resolve customer support I would be a much happier customer.

Scott

Reviewed on 10/08/2022

Rippling makes my life easier

Rippling streamlined our onboard / offboarding process, making it very easy for various tasks to be assigned to the people that need to take care of them. This makes it a lot easier, from an IT perspective, to know we've got everything done for onboarding or offboarding - it rendered my physical checklists obsolete! It also, from a user standpoint, gives me comfort knowing all of my HR related information is just a click or 3 away.

Pros

From a user standpoint, Rippling is excellent - it has all of my HR related items conveniently located & easy to access. Payroll, benefits (including insurance details - no more worrying about losing my card!) and PTO all centrally located.

From an IT standpoint - as someone who has SOME admin types of access to Rippling, but not full access - it is great to have a central location from which I can pull employee details like title, location and direct reports / who each person reports to. It allows me to keep that same data in sync across multiple systems, using Rippling as the "HR Confirmed" data source. I also love the two-factor authentication requirement. I turn that on anywhere it's an option for me!

Cons

I, personally, have no issues with Rippling at all. There's isn't a "likes least" I could offer. I don't know the costs, but we have a very cost-aware management team so I am sure it is competitively priced. I didn't have to get involved in the setup or implementation, but do know that the team that did work through that didn't run into any serious obstacles, and was able to get quick support to any questions they had.