About Quickbooks Point of Sale

QuickBooks Point of Sale is a retail point of sale system suitable for various small businesses such as clothing and shoe stores, small franchises, sporting goods stores and gift shops. It offers inventory and customer management...

Browse Quickbooks Point of Sale Reviews

Arthur D. Arthur D.

Reviewed on 07/03/2018

POS enabled us to add a retail location to our distribution business, minimal time spent...

The intergration with QB Financials

Pros

Ease of setup and intetgration into our QB Enterprise software. We got system setup in under an hour and was connected to QB Finance and ringing up customers with a hour and a half.

Cons

How inventory goes into QB Financial but we developed a work around. Inventory needs to be able to use QB Finance as the main record for inventory

Michael D. Michael D.

Reviewed on 26/03/2019

Point of Sale Made Easier

Pros

Quickbooks Point of Sale is simple and easy to use. Nothing is far out of reach. Sales are a breeze and pulling reports is very easy with the improved user interface. The cloud-centric features are very nice too, offering seamless integration across devices and platforms. There is a POS for every industry in the retail arena.

Cons

It's kind of cumbersome to setup initially. I'd recommend having that part handled by an expert. Apart form that, I can't say anything else bad about it.

Cathy H. Cathy H.

Reviewed on 03/06/2016

QB POS REVIEW

Pros

It is easy to use. Great reporting. Great Support

Cons

Cost averaging, cannot make sub departments, communication issues with support

Top Quickbooks Point of Sale Alternatives

Reviewed on 07/05/2019

POS for our small retail shop

Pros

We have used this product since the beginning and find it easy to use and integrating it into our books makes life simple.

Cons

Sometimes was a challenge to learn, but an overall great product.

Response from Intuit

Thanks for the taking the time to review. While I'm confident you're a pro by now, I know just where you can go should you have questions down the road.

Since we realize learning any new software can be a challenge, we've created a ton of resources, like our Community (https://intuit.me/2rJQ95o) to help ease the learning curve. This multi-function space is an awesome 24/7 outlet where you can chat with QuickBooks reps or explore hundreds of troubleshooting/how-to tutorials. Check it out anytime, and have a good one!

Grant, The QuickBooks Team

Replied 08/05/2019
Tonya C. Tonya C.

Reviewed on 05/11/2020

Quickbooks Support is Awful. Pick something else even if upfront cost is higher ( Used for 15...

We've used Quickbooks POS and Desktop for 15 years. We just recently decided to integrate credit card processing. Our "sales rep" flat out lied about the features. Once he received our payment, he would not return calls or emails. Swell!

We've upgraded to the new version 19. This process has been simply AWFUL. I have no less that 15 "case numbers". Even had our files sent to a technician. No resolution! My Staff had figured some work arounds to make the lock ups and disruptions to business less frequent.

With each call I make to support I will be "disconnected" at least 2-3 times and have to start the process all over. This includes attempts to call and use the "online support" which is worse.

After maybe an hour of ineffective support (I am being kind here), I will be referred to Level 2. They are always too busy at the time to assist, and "will call back". The call back DOES NOT HAPPEN.

I will have to call back everyday for a week and complain before Level 2 will call. I have had Level 2 "call back appointments" promise after promise of call backs. NEVER HAPPENS

These issues take away from my ability to manage my business effectively. I belong to several business groups online. I continue to say pick another POS Quickbooks is awful...just awful.

Oh and the chickens and roosters in the background when talking to support...what in the world???

I've decided to give some online reviews as well so folks that want to focus on their business make a different choice even if

Pros

Quickbooks offers one stop shopping that initially appealed to me. We use Point of Sate along with integrating into the Desktop for accounting.

Cons

Support is worse than non existent.

Integration is limited.

Features promised are proprietary and more limited that promised.

Sylvia R. Sylvia R.

Reviewed on 20/04/2017

QB POS great pos, horrid support, pricing that keeps wanting more

Pros

many of the reports and report functions are great, easy to use, sensible setup. easy to use on the register as well as from the back end.

Cons

customer support is terrible if you finally get someone, many times they made changes that ended up affecting the operations in a negative way. When, support was elevated to a higher level, many times you would never hear back from anyone. You don't just buy your license and that's it, they come out with upgrades etc. and many require you buying the newer licenses to be able to continue to function. Price is prohibitive, having to buy new licenses every 14-18 months.

Roger M. Roger M.

Reviewed on 04/05/2016

Quickbooks POS

Pros

Very intuitive program. Lots of bells and whistles for the money. Easy to learn, plenty of reports and employee time tracking.

Cons

You pretty much have to use their merchant services. If you choose to use a third party, you will have to manually enter credit/debit sales transactions into another terminal. This leads to a double entry for these types of sales and mistakes happening.
You have to pay for support, either monthly or very costly by the incident.
Upgrading can be costly and if you don't upgrade, your version will not even be supported at some point.

Reviewed on 16/04/2018

Amazing software for small businesses!

Pros

Quickbooks POS is very user friendly - it is not a complicated point of sale software that requires much thought. Easy to train a new retail sales associate on, which is great.

Cons

There can be occasional glitches we can be problematic when running credit cards or taking payments.

Carrie C. Carrie C.
  • Industry: Building Materials

Reviewed on 14/09/2017

Efficient for a small business

Pros

Has all the features needed for my business. It's easy to use. Excellent quality for its price point.

Cons

Need to be a faster way of looking up info. I have lots of products and we have to look thru the whole list even tho it is in order to find what we need. Can be very frustrating.

Dawn A. Dawn A.

Reviewed on 07/12/2017

great product

makes the use of inventory easy to use

Pros

Its very user friendly I have employees that can breeze through it and it makes their life simpler.

Cons

Support help is not very good. Whe you call they wont help you right away. I never get anyone that speaks english well enough

Leeann B. Leeann B.

Reviewed on 28/12/2017

Very easy to learn and use

Pros

The ease to learn and how easy it is to customize reports for whatever you need it for. Tracking payments and entering notes is a great function!

Cons

I guess my only con would be emailing through QuickBooks doesn't have our company logo or signatures.

Andy P. Andy P.

Reviewed on 10/08/2017

I am happy , i like it

Pros

Very easy operations, daily reports and
Inventory maintenance, very easy to operate
Price look up and price change is easy. This product is really good and affordable, I already have 3 stores, I am using same Product for My all business.

Bryon C. Bryon C.

Reviewed on 15/02/2018

It was great for what it was

Better (it seems) for smaller companies.

Pros

This was brilliant. I really like how customizable the software is. For a layman, it was a very easy-to-use platform that was an all-in-one bundle of scheduling tools, customer profile tools, invoicing, ect. Big value.

Cons

I really enjoied using this software but it seemed to really bog down as my database grew. I would love to see a faster application.

Erika G. Erika G.

Reviewed on 14/07/2017

Very good product with a variety of functions to fit your business needs.

Pros

The software is easy to use and its easy to customize reports for different needs.

Cons

it crashes often and i have experience multiple issues with the sharing of information between the main computer and work stations

Zubair khan S. Zubair khan S.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 25/09/2018

great application and most reliable in working and easy to used in every environment.

I like so much that

Pros

Little slow in my system but the whole output of that software is helpful and overall efficiency is the best

Cons

most efficient, Reliable, easy to use and easy to learn for every one.

Katherine N. Katherine N.

Reviewed on 05/04/2017

Terrible support

Don't purchase a POS solution where the administration for support takes hours before you can get a support person online. Also, because of turnover at our organization, we have been trying to change the contract person for more than a month. The requirements include a copy of drivers license, copy of bank account, and letter from President !! Really ?? Top that off with contact people who you have no idea where they are located. Administration that insists on calling back 'after hours' for our Eastern time zone and the support turns out to be useless at best. We cannot change the contact person and the actual tech support team members cannot help us out with intermittent issues with the POS freezing up. I would never recommend QB, Intuit, or the POS. AND I have to add that there is no escalation at Intuit, so no one actually cares that there are problems.

Pros

Inexpensive POS software, but the tech support and administration is nearly impossible to work with.

Cons

POS is general a mission critical function and the support from QB POS is the worst I have ever experienced

Erwin Y. Erwin Y.

Reviewed on 27/11/2018

A lot of feature more than most retails need.

Pros

All in one, purchase orders to receiving orders to sale. It goes from purchase of inventory to inventory sold.

Cons

A lot of features to navigate through if you want to take the time to learn it can be a powerful tool, but like the title says probably has more features than most retails would need.

Stephanie P. Stephanie P.

Reviewed on 25/02/2019

Pretty simple POS software, with all the bells and whistles.

Pros

Being a long time QB user, it is great to be able to incorporate the same company into the middle areas of record keeping for the POS.

Cons

It was tricky for me to set up the update and upgrade to accepting chips, but customer service walked me through the process and it went pretty quickly. Not really a con. I've been using this for my own business, after having operated it in a previous job, so perhaps issues may arise, but none thus far.

Serwa E. Serwa E.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 03/10/2018

Easy to use!

Pros

This system is not complicated at all. Set up is a breeze. Very thorough directions. If you're not too tech savy, this isn't a headache at all.

Cons

So far so good! There's not much I can find wrong as yet. I use this for one of my businesses and it's a breeze.

Pablo C. Pablo C.

Reviewed on 09/11/2017

Amazing software

Pros

Very easy and understandable software that i would reccomend for any type of business . Very user friendly

Armando V. Armando V.
2.5

Reviewed on 21/07/2016

good system but unfortunately not what i need any more

Pros

quick responses of cs and program is very easy to run

Cons

it needs more features, more reports, graphics etc. vendors are ok

Leah C. Leah C.

Reviewed on 13/12/2016

Quickbooks POS review from a daily user

Every day, I use Quickbooks POS. I like that the program is, for the most, part straightforward; specifically the integration of the "I want to..." pull down menu makes finding things easy. I do wish there were more options as far as reports. I also would like there to be an easier way to over-hall the inventory. When there are issues with the POS communicating or rather sending the days sales figures back to the designated Quickbooks computer, there are times when this operation fails and trying to get both up and running and resending data is often a headache.
Lastly, there should be options for gift certificates as well as gift cards as far as selling and redeeming; this can also be such a pain that employees don't push those sales.

Jose C. Jose C.
  • Used for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 16/08/2021

Very Easy to Setup Bar Codes

Pros

I had never used the software and had a customer that needed to be able to apply discounts. The software is user friendly and allowed me to quickly find a way to create a barcode that would apply a negative value, thus performing the function of a coupon.

Cons

Navigation between menus could be a bit smoother without having to log in and out.

Response from Intuit

We're happy to hear you've found great use out of the Point of Sale system, Jose. To help you even further, we recommend checking out our What's New page for more on how to get the most out of the software: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/desktop/point-of-sale/whats-new/#Payments
Wishing you continued success!
-Kristina, The QuickBooks Team

Replied 20/08/2021
Nikki H. Nikki H.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 01/04/2019

Didn't work for us

I love Quickbooks enterprise and will continue to use it. I will never use their point of sale again. I was trying to get away from ACCUPOS which after this debacle I have realized is amazing and my problems now seem minor I am going back to them and addressing my minor complaints.

Pros

When paired with one of their partners software can do major things, but not minor ones.

Cons

It had to re number our items which are currently stored in Enterprise.
The POS shortcuts couldn't show a description only our item number, which is one of 7000 different numbers so that wasn't an option.
Very clunky and antiquated, would be very easy to mess something up.
Customer support has a 45 minute hold time.

• Industry: Chemicals

Reviewed on 16/04/2018

Expensive but well written

Pros

This software easily imports into Quickbooks, easy to add items into and ring sales. Good interface and good reports.

Cons

Most expensive software that we looked at. For multi-store we would of spent a small fortune but it is still an option