QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Reviews

About QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

QuickBooks Enterprise is an accounting solution designed for SMBs across different industry verticals such as construction, nonprofit distribution, manufacturing, and retail. With QB Enterprise solution, any business owner can...

4.1

Browse QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Reviews

20,191 of 20,193 reviews
Charleen
Charleen
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 22/10/2020

Our QB online is always ready when we are

Cloud services make everything more secure. Not having to purchase an upgrade year after year is one of the best benefits. Our business is sized so that the online version, which does have less functionality than the desktop version, still works for exactly what we need. The tutorials are helpful and there are plenty of YouTube videos to find a resolution for any problem you have.

Pros

The online version of QB makes it easy to always have the necessary updates and current edition. The file sharing capabilities are the exact tool that is needed for the accountant to easily have a hassle-free exchange of the data they need to keep your books and do taxes. QB payroll that can be accessed through the software and there is easy access to QuickBook loan funding should you ever need it. Anytime, anywhere access is a plus.

Cons

The naming convention for some processes are a bit daunting until you learn exactly where they are and what they are called. The updates can cause features to be relocated, making them difficult to find. As with all cloud-based software, sometimes there are issues with the online connectivity.

Jaun-marie

Reviewed on 27/02/2024

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

In my opinion I would let people know about it, and for all the small businesses that at their starting point of business because it's very helpful in all you transactions you make and you can see where the error or mistakes that have been made

Pros

QuickBooks are easy to use and very much easy to access from any device

Cons

I can easily find mistakes that been made and correct it and the system doesn't crash

Jon
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Reviewed on 12/04/2017

'Enterprise' Appellation Undeserved

The unfortunate fact is that a QB Company file can become corrupted at any time for numerous reasons, and once corrupted your primary option is to submit the file to the Intuit Data Recovery team, who inform you that their repair effort will take up to three (3) business days, during which time your business operations are effectively suspended. My advice is to consider carefully whether your business can recover from such a disruption before betting its future on QB as a business operations platform.

Pros

QuickBooks does a fine job with basic accounting functions, is relatively easy to use, and the report suite is more than adequate for small businesses.

Cons

QuickBooks Enterprise Manufacturing & Wholesale version simply does not work as advertised, as two examples among many will demonstrate. QB offers 'Advanced Pricing' functionality which enables the user to define and apply pricing rules across their client roster and inventory items list. These rules are intended to allow the QB user to apply a 60% across-the-board discount for clients Ajax and AAA, while clients Acme and Consolidated receive that same discount plus custom pricing on items X, Y, and Z. However, after the pricing rules have been applied and those clients are being billed, changing the invoice or ship date results in the deletion of the shipping cost line-item, and changes to the pricing of items on the invoice. Research with QB support revealed that Advanced Pricing suffers from a bug that was known to Intuit for at least 1 month prior to when I invoked the Advanced Pricing functionality, and a full month later Intuit has been unable to remedy the bug. After invoking the 'Advanced Inventory' feature-set, which automatically creates a drop-ship warehouse site, I learned that product being purchased from a supplier and shipped directly to our client was being removed by QB from the count of physical inventory resident on our premises. Intuit tech support rep's response was (paraphrased) "That doesn't seem right, but I don't know much about Advanced Inventory - you should call back tomorrow morning, as the day-shift staff have more tenure and are more knowledgeable".

Top QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Alternatives

Sandy
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 20/12/2023

Easy to Use and Excellent Information System

Excellent in terms of process and output. A bit expensive.

Pros

Setup not difficult and easy access on a day to day basis to keep track of all expenditures and income. Reports are excellent and easy to set up for your needs.

Cons

I dont like a subscription. Not practical for a business of our size and not necessary.
I don't like having to log into intuit all the time either.
I feel it's way too expensive for our needs, but probably fine for a larger organizations.

Keith
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 05/02/2024

Quickbooks recommend

Pros

Ease of use for relatively sizeable business

Cons

Updates take time
Interface needs a bit of an update to make it easier to customise

Martin
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 31/01/2024

QB REVIEW MARTIN

Pros

The user interface is really friendly as compared to other accounting softwares

Cons

Sometimes it’s pretty slow I believe it can grow in that aspect

Joseph

Reviewed on 12/02/2024

Good platform for small business accounting management

Pros

Ease of use
Easy to set up
Tremendous functionality

Cons

Sometimes it feels a little clunky, but most of the time this is not an issue.

Rebecca
Rebecca
  • Industry: Sports

Reviewed on 31/01/2024

I enjoy using the software and it saves me a lot of time.

Pros

I appreciate that the system connects to the other systems that we use. I am able to synchronize data without manual intervention.

Cons

Some of the custom reporting is hard to set up.

IBRAHIM
  • Industry: Oil & Energy
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 27/02/2024

BEST WAYS TO CHOOSE INNOVATIVE IDEAS

GOOD AND EXCELLENT WORKS DONE BY THE QUICKBOOKS AND I WOULD DEFINETLY RECOMMEND TO USE IN DAILY LIFE

Pros

I LIKE THE WAY THEY HAVE REPRESENTED AND EASILY UNDERSTANDABLE

Cons

THE COST IS LITTLE HIGH BECAUSE SOME PEOPLE CANT AFFORD THE COST

Thinh
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 26/02/2024

My first impression on QuickBooks

Pros

It contains a lot of tools and utilities for users, making it easy to use.

Cons

The User Interface, it could be simpler.

Christian

Reviewed on 15/09/2019

QuickBooks Review

I used to provide support for this software in a tech company, I am accountant and IT, net frameworks is not a good idea to run this but other than that is good for small and medium sized business, good for the price, have in mind may take some resources if you will use in a portable device like a windows tablet.

Pros

It is good for people that runs a small business but does not know book keeping, if you do know book keeping or accounting, is not recommended as you know double crossing accounts and not being able to see that process gets on your nerves, you are better using something similar to sage or what used to be peach.

Cons

I did not like that uses Microsoft. Net framework to run, if framework brakes, you are and you need to clean install windows, you have to back up, format, install, set up and restore everything, also in have seen cases where they do not support software after just four years which really sucks as you have to buy the newest version.

Sage Accounting and FreshBooks

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

More suitable for clients not familiar with book keeping running small businesses.

Response from Intuit

Thanks for your honest review, Christian. It's great to know you found QuickBooks to be a helpful and cost-effective tool for a range of businesses. We want to make sure you enjoy every aspect of the product. For more info on ways we're working to improve and provide even more functionality to you, we recommend checking out our Blog (https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv). Additionally, the Community is a great resource to find detailed articles and expert advice from fellow users and QuickBooks Team members (https://community.intuit.com/).

Wishing you the best.
Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Replied 16/09/2019
Katlyn

Reviewed on 05/11/2019

Switching to Quickbooks has made my life so much easier!

Quickbooks has really been beneficial to us in so many different departments. We were hesitant to go with Quickbooks at first because we had been with Sage accounting for so long, but everyone agrees we are much happier with Quickbooks!

Pros

Quickbooks is so simple and user friendly. It is so easy for me to run reports on anything I need. Quickbooks has cut the time it takes me to do payroll by more than half! All of our employees really like the electronic paystub feature as well! So far it has been an excellent product.

Cons

We use Quickbooks online so from time to time there are some glitches that have to be fixed. Also, it can be difficult to get to the right customer service department.

Paychex Flex

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Sage was becoming a big headache and the price kept increasing without the product making any improvements.

Sage 100

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

The overall value. We could get more for the price with what Quickbooks was offering. Plus the compatibility of Quickbooks with so many other products.

Response from Intuit

Thanks for choosing QuickBooks to serve your business needs, Katlyn. Nothing makes us happier than hearing that our software is making your life easier. We want to ensure that you're getting the support you need and are including a guide with steps for reaching a support agent: (https://community.intuit.com/articles/1767990). Should you ever have a question about the program, we invite you to check out the Community. Here you can access a host of helpful articles and ask a question in a forum of fellow users and the QuickBooks Team: (community.intuit.com).

Cheering you to continued success!
David, The QuickBooks Team

Replied 11/11/2019
Antonio
Antonio

Reviewed on 02/01/2020

Best Accounting Software for SMBs

With Quickbooks I can see the overall health of my business. I can track my expenses, sales, inventories, financial reports and other vital information for intelligent decision making.

Pros

The thing I like most about Quickbooks is its completeness. For a small to medium sized business one gets to have a user friendly accounting and inventory system all rolled into one. Add to that its customizable reports suited to ones needed data. Some of these reports which are very vital to a business owner are Daily/Weekly/Monthly and even Annual Sales Report, Inventory related reports, Expenses Reports, Accounts Payables and Receivables, Banking and many more.

Cons

Like any software, or for whatever product that is, Quickbooks also have some flaws. Personally, I would prefer the customization of forms to be more flexible where the user can have more control. An example of this is the addition of additional fields aside from those that are built-in. Another thing i don't like about Quickbooks is its limitation on the number of items and the size of its company file. In a previous company I worked at, I have reached the maximum number of items, thus I was faced with deleting some items, and those items had transactions connected to them. Finally, I suggest Intuit increase the maximum company size because in my experience, when I reached the maximum company file size, the system totally lagged big time.

MYOB Advanced Business

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Quickbooks was more user friendly for me and I like its user interface versus MYOB. Well Quicken wasn't for me, it was mainly intended for accountants and basic accounting processes without inventory module.
Tania
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 30/01/2023

Easy to use and allows for multiple users and access from anywhere

The enterprise team was amazing when helping set everything up and have been helpful with any questions since. We used to use desktop so the switch was very easy for us. We did not like QBO and it didn't have the features we needed that were in the desktop version, so this was the ideal solution to add accessibility from different locations and for different users.

Pros

The ability to access from anywhere and with multiple users - even at different locations.

Cons

The ability to save a file onto the users computer rather than the enterprise "computer" is difficult to navigate. Unless using the program that came with the user computer, you don't seem to be able to send emails either.

Quickbooks Online

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

We wanted to be able to access from other locations and to have multiple users.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

QuickBooks online did not have the options we needed for non profit pastoral source deductions. I spoke with multiple people at help desks and in the end it was not possible to get what we needed. Desktop had this option and by using Enterprise we were able to solve all our problems.
Lyn
Lyn
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 10/10/2018

For the Beginner

I would and have recommened this software to many different people for different situations as its user friendly, easy to navigate and has some great custom report features. I run a small local non profit and have been using QB for over 13 years with no intentions of changing to any other service.

Pros

What I like most about this software is the ease of use. They make it very simple to enter customers and vendors along with invoices and/or bills. Then posting the payments and reconciling the accounts. You can use one piece or all the different capabilities, that is your choice as they do all work together.

Cons

The thing I like least about this software is the troubleshooting. You have to have the exact title or phrase of what you've done wrong to find solutions to help you. I typically only do internet searched for assistance and have not used the call in system. That might actually help me more but I'm impatient and typically don't want to wait

Response from Intuit

Thanks for reaching out with your comments, Lyn. I'm delighted to read we're doing our part to provide a wide variety of capabilities in an easy to use package. We're proud to be backing River Cities United Way, so rest assured we've got you covered when it comes to support.

As an alternative to calling in, I encourage you to reach out to the product experts who monitor our social media channels. You can find us on Facebook (Intuit QuickBooks) or Twitter (QBCares), and our chat reps would be more than happy to be of assistance. As an added benefit, you can expect quick responses anytime within their hours of availability (M-F from 8 a.m. until 10 p.m. EST). We're just a message away when you have questions, and they can lend a hand with finding the solutions you need.

Thanks a ton for your 13-year loyalty to QuickBooks, by the way! I'm wishing you and your non-profit continued success, and a wonderful rest of your week ahead!

Jess, The QuickBooks Team

Replied 15/10/2018
Betsy
Betsy
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Reviewed on 01/02/2019

QuickBooks- Accessible for Small Businesses But Limited.

QuickBooks is no substitute for having a client database, however, the company I worked for as accounts payable and receivable had no other database program. While the limitations of QB for this was frustrating at times, it did a great job of keeping data organized and easily allowing input for new and continuing contacts. The customer service was as helpful as they could be, however I had to make the same calls for the same problems often several times within the year, only to learn that on-going glitches existed in QB that required workarounds. Customer Service wasn't always forthcoming on this, but their forums were very helpful.

Pros

QuickBooks is fairly easy to figure out for first time users, even those without a bookkeeping background. There are many tutorials included from the home website, and it's been around long enough that users have posted fixes to various known issues. It's useful in creating form templates, such as invoicing, proposals and receipts. Reports look good, and can integrate with many 3rd party platforms.

Cons

QuickBooks lacked much help for Inventory tracking and scanning. While you are able to create an inventory list, it's too easy to accidently miscategorize items and wreck the usefulness of the cataloging features. The inventory interface is a bit confusing to start with and connecting the inventory reports with logged sales is not practical. It doesn't happen automatically, but must be manually checked since there are many bugs that create errors or problems with data retrieval.
When creating templates, it can be tough to figure out how to connect certain field codes with data areas to fill in. I spent many hours on the customer service line to figure some of that out. Even then, I was creating or finding "work-arounds" for some glitches that QuickBooks just doesn't fix or update.
One of the most frustrating issues I personally found was the coding of expenses. Without some universal system, numerous employees can simply invent new codes for similar or same items, which creates many redundant and incorrect reports. Turnover in your office can produce serious inconsistency.

Response from Intuit

Betsy, thank you so much for providing an insightful and thorough review of QuickBooks. The details you've shared have painted a detailed portrait of your impressions of QuickBooks, and I appreciate it very much. I loved reading your comments about where you found the program to be beneficial to your business.

Please be assured, your voice is important, and the comments you've provided about the software have been sent to our Product Development team. Feedback like yours is instrumental for the growth of the program, and it will be used when considering future updates to QuickBooks.

Thank you again for your wonderful review of QuickBooks, Betsy!

All the best,
Clay, The QuickBooks Team

Replied 08/02/2019
Evan

Reviewed on 18/07/2019

Easy accounting software

Pros

It does a lot while you do a little. I am able to send invoices, receive payment in different forms, do payroll, file tax forms and make payments as well as much more. It is very user friendly most of the time. I don't ever have any bugs. It let's me spend more time on other parts of my business.

Cons

They force you to purchase new software every three years. The customer support can be hit and miss.

Quickbooks Online

Response from Intuit

Hi Evan! Business owners like yourself are who we had in mind when designing our software, so we're thrilled to hear that QuickBooks is handling your accounting needs. Whether you're running payroll or receiving payments, you can count on our software to get the job one. To keep our software up to date with the latest security measures and implement new/improved features, we periodically discontinue products. It's a balancing act between supporting older versions and creating new ones.

It's our priority to provide you with a variety of support options to ensure you're taken care of. In addition to phone support, you can also receive assistance via the channels below:

QB Community: http://community.intuit.com/
Email: [email protected]
Facebook: @IntuitQuickBooks
Twitter: @QBCares

Thank you for being part of our QuickBooks family and we wish you all the best!
Jen, The QuickBooks Team

Replied 13/08/2019
William
William
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Reviewed on 06/08/2019

Great Small Business Accounting Software

Our experience with QuickBooks has been excellent and we will continue to use the product for the foreseeable future.

Pros

QuickBooks has helped our company manage its finances since its inception. Our Bookkeeper recommended the product based on her previous experience with it. Quickbooks was easy to set up and easy to use and was productive from Day 1.

We use Quickbooks to track our expenses, manager our purchases, pay our bills and do our banking. The reports the software generates help keep us on top of our finances and alert us to issues and abnormalities so we can quickly address them. Our banking and credit card information automatically populates into Quickbooks reducing the time needed to enter this information manually while eliminating any data entry related errors. The product also integrates well with other financial management tools and has add-ons specific to our business.

I can't imagine running a small business without a tool Like Quickbooks, and I doubt we ever will.

Cons

The licensing can be a little complex, especially when multiple users need access to the product. We also have struggled a little with their customer support. Both of these may have been issues on our end due to lack of familiarity with the product or failure to read the documentation.

Response from Intuit

Hi William! It's an honor to have QuickBooks be a part of helping you manage your business from the start. Business owners like yourself are who we had in mind when designing our software to be a versatile tool to handle all your accounting needs. Whether you're running reports or categorizing bank transactions, you can count on QuickBooks to have your back. When it comes to managing licenses for multiple users, it can get a bit tricky. If you need assistance with that or have any other questions, we've made it a priority is to provide you with a variety of support options to ensure you're taken care of. In addition to phone support, you can also receive assistance via the channels below:

QB Community: http://community.intuit.com/
Email: [email protected]
Facebook: @IntuitQuickBooks
Twitter: @QBCares

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review and we look forward to working with you in the years to come!
Jen, The QuickBooks Team

Replied 08/08/2019
Tom
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Reviewed on 11/11/2019

Best option we've found

Overall, it's the best solution for bookkeeping that we've found. It does what it's supposed to do most of the time. It's frustrating when it doesn't.

It's pretty customized and we like that. It works as well as anything else we've seen for invoicing, if not better, which is a major factor for us.

Pros

QuickBooks gets points with me for being basically THE standard for bookkeeping software. You can bring it to any bookkeeper or accountant and expect them to know exactly how to handle it. That's worth a lot when dealing with people who typically charge more than $60/hour for their time.

I use the online version (QBO) and I also like that I can open my books on any device anywhere.

Moreover, while I've used a handful of different bookkeeping softwares, QuickBooks is the most intuitive (for me).

Cons

QBO has some problems that are causing issues with my books. I've been to 2 different accountants with my problem and neither has been immediately able to tell me what's wrong, but it's most likely something to do with duplicate entries. My books should be relatively straightforward, but I experience discrepancies of anywhere from several hundred to several thousand dollars, and it fluctuates frequently. This is very distressing and may end up costing me a lot of money to sort out.

Response from Intuit

Hey there, Tom. Thanks so much for your detailed review. We're happy to hear you've been able to do so much with your QuickBooks account. You can continue to rely on us for all of your accounting needs! To locate and resolve any discrepancies in your account, we recommend checking out this article: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/undo-reconciliation/learn-the-reconcile-workflow-in-quickbooks/00/186429

Wishing you continued success!
Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Replied 13/11/2019
Bakari
Bakari
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Reviewed on 15/04/2020

Great for Preparing Quarterly Taxes

Overall, I have a good experience with Quicken Self-Emloyed because the application is easy to use and I don't have to go and manually update transactions on a daily basis. I review it about once a week, right before my quarterly taxes are due.

Pros

I've been using Quicken self-employed, which is part of QuickBooks, for about five years now. I have seen the online application improved with more useful features, and user interface. I basically use the online version of Quicken to send out invoices, and keep track of business related income and expenses. I particularly like how Quicken syncs between my desktop web browser and my mobile devices.

The invoice feature is very useful because I can send with a single click reminders to my clients about invoice payments, and another click for letting them know their payment was received.

Quicken also processes my financial transactions without requiring constant manual input. once Quicken knows how you want to assign particular transactions, as business or personal, it automatically makes those assignments for each new transaction. You can also use Quicken to assign tags different types of transactions, which is useful for letting you know where and how your spending your money.

Quicken is very useful for giving me an estimation about my quarterly taxes, and there is also a feature for keeping track of mileage. The mileage tracking is easy to use on my iPhone. And parts of the feature are also automated if you choose to set it up that way.

Cons

Quick Self-Employed is about $4 too expensive, and it doesn't provide very good support through its online chat system.

Response from Intuit

We'd like to thank you for being a member of the QuickBooks family for the past 5 years. We genuinely appreciate your loyalty and are thrilled to hear that you've enjoyed using the product. Feel free to visit our Community, as it's a fantastic resource for helpful info regarding the product.(https://community.intuit.com/) Wishing you continued success! -Hannah, The QuickBooks Team.

Replied 16/04/2020
Shannon
  • Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 14/09/2020

Highly Recommend Quick Books

The biggest benefit for our business is the "Insights" tab, which works on Accrual Basis Accounting. It provides our net income at a quick glance within a certain time period of our choosing along with charts showing our expenses, income, and net income It also gives previous year income comparison, top customers by sales, business growth, and net profit margin by using charts to make it easier to comprehend the data. The "insights" tab is also flexible on any date range that is chosen by the user.

Pros

Overall, I'm very happy with Quick Books and would recommend to any business owner. I really like the memorized transaction list, where I can just automatically have recurring payments deducted from my system rather its monthly, quarterly, or yearly. It can also be set up as a reminder when certain bills are due for payment.
It's very easy to load, keep track of your vendors and your customers as well as your own company data such as chart of accounts, and items or services that your company provides. The report center is very user friendly with reports already available by just adding a date range, and it also offers the user to create their own costume reports.

Cons

I do wish refunding clients with credit balances was a little easier. The system does work, but you need to have an invoice generated with charges before completing a credit memo to send a refund check. Our type of business is a lot of prepaid work, and sometimes the cost comes under, and I just want to refund without creating an invoice. Perhaps there is a simpler way, and I just need to learn how it is done.

Response from Intuit

Thank you for sharing these details with us, Shannon. This feedback will help make the wanted changes become a reality. The details on how to easily refund your customers in QuickBooks Online can be found here: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/accounts-receivable/record-a-customer-refund/00/186177. Wishing you a successful business year! -Hannah, The QuickBooks Team.

Replied 19/09/2020
Vincent

Reviewed on 04/11/2020

QuickBooks for Businesses in Fiji

The overall experience with QuickBooks was pleasant. I would definitely recommend this to others for use especially startups. It does all of the work and the tech & online supports is readily available.

Pros

After using various Accounting software that was common in my country (Fiji) like MYOB & XERO i was quite reluctant to use QuickBooks just for the fact that NOBODY else here uses it or even heard of it. However, after using it for a few days I found that it's really great! Right away, a huge PRO for me was the fact that I could attach source documents to pertinent transactions as proof of purchase or payment. This was critical as the Fiji IRS are really strict on this. Also, because some Invoices & receipts fade in time, having copies of source documents there were really great. Another pro is the dashboard itself as soon as you log in. You see the the breakdown of all transactions over a specific period of time represented in a pie chart. This was really cool and it helped me report to my superiors as I could rely on QuickBooks to relay information vital to business decision making. Among other advantages, QuickBooks is very easy to use that helps business owners that have no Accounting experience keep their books in order.

Cons

Perhaps something I realized really quickly was that fact that I could not review transactions to see what accounts would be affected if I made an entry. For example, if a certain vendor was also listed as a customer for the business, I cannot review whether I chose the "vendor" or the "customer" and its effect on the Debits & Credits. In MYOB, I could press ctrl+R to review transactions and it would tell me what accounts are affected and it would confirm whether I selected the right item or not. Producing a chart of accounts report was very hard in QuickBooks. There was no option to allow me to do this easily. Also, producing a report for monthly Tax returns purposes was quite a challenge. I noticed that producing accounting specific reports like Profit & Loss or Balance Sheet was quite easy. However, when it comes to other reports that lie outside of the Accounting scope, producing reports aren't that easy. A good examples was the Tax reports I needed.

Candice
  • Industry: Photography

Reviewed on 26/11/2020

Essential items in small Business

I love my quickbooks service, all for the organization I can take a look at all our financial information in one place and as my business grows I know Quickbooks and the services can handle it all. Most of all I love the invoicing and the mobile app to keep me organized on the go.

Pros

Where do I begin, first off I need simple! With a busy life and running a small business I don't want to wrap my head around learning a new program. The ease of use was essential and provided, especially with the quick tabs and help buttons, live chat availability. It is comforting to know so much help is available. Also the app is on my phone to create instant invoices on the go so I don't miss anything and I have it set up to send automatic reminders for any outstanding invoices. I also track all my milage to help with convenient reports for the accountant.

Cons

For me it is the cost per month, we are all trying to cut costs and previous you could purchase a program and use it for 5+ years however with changing times and choices in computers, an online service is what we had to go with and it is a monthly fee now.

Response from Intuit

Thank you so much for leaving this kind review, Candice. It's heartwarming to hear that QuickBooks has helped make your busy life easier. Knowing that all of our hard work has paid off is the greatest reward. To stay updated on exciting product news, we encourage you to check out the QuickBooks Blog. https://www.quickbooks-blog.com/ Wishing you a successful rest of your business year! -Hannah, The QuickBooks Team.

Replied 28/11/2020
Jeffrey D
Jeffrey D
  • Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 26/07/2018

Dynamic reporting and comprehensive insights into business productivity

Ease of use and great insights into my business.

Pros

I've been an avid quickbooks user for years. They ease of use, dynamic reporting and ability to customize reports are awesome. I also really like the ability to download data directly from my bank to the software and clear checks. The desktop version is still a great value when compared to the online version and offers far more functionality, but buyer beware-- many functions will time out if you don't continuously upgrade to newer versions.

Cons

Nickel and Dime functionality-- Software has a number of "optional" features which require additional fees. It continuously nags the user in an attempt to upsell these items. My prior bank charged an additional fee for online data downloads, but my current bank (Capital One) does not. I think that this is bank to bank specific, but would greatly enhance the user experience if it was offered at no additional charge. QB Payroll is just OK for very small businesses, but doesn't have the same functionality as other systems offered by ADP/Paychex-- it does handle very basic reporting and deposits to third party payroll, and for state and local tax payments.

Customer support can be hit or miss, with QB attempting to charge for support for software specific reinstalls, or errors, outside of the user setup.

Response from Intuit

Thanks for leaving a review, Jeffrey. We love hearing about how we can improve, and I'll ensure each of the issues you mentioned are addressed.

We offer add-on features optionally so you have more control over your billing details. Added functionalities may cost extra, but you can opt in or out at any time. Payroll and Online Banking are prime examples. Since you mentioned pricing for the latter, I encourage you to check out community.intuit.com/articles/1501482. There's a blurb about connection charges under the "Applicable Fees".

We also offer a wealth of free support. The link above is hosted on our Community forum, which is a 24/7 help space. There's chat-based assistance on Twitter and Facebook, as well (Intuit QuickBooks and QBCares, respectively.)

As for Payroll, feel welcome to email me ([email protected]). I'll forward your suggestions to the developers, as we default to customer feedback when developing new features. Thanks in advance!

Jess, The QuickBooks Team

Replied 31/07/2018

Reviewed on 15/12/2017

Feel Trapped With No Options

I am a sole Proprietor of a one man service business, I really only need this for keeping track Wisconsin sales tax, state and county. I work in 8 Counties & the sales tax has to be kept track of for each. .5% per county 5% for the state and there are customers who have tax free numbers that aren't taxed. Schools, churches, etc.
When I file/pay the sales tax (quarterly) I have to show how much income I have taken in minus the non-taxable income. My old desktop version showed this all on one page. In QuickBooks online it is like pulling teeth to obtain that information, I usually have to call support and sometimes they can do it sometimes not.
I just bought an obsolete Dell laptop with Windows 7 Pro installed on it, my plan is to install a desktop version of QB software on it and it will be safe to use until 2020 when Windows 7 Pro support ends. Then I may disable the wifi connection and just use it for the QB!

Pros

When it is working it is OK, not as easy to use as the desktop version but at least it gets the job done. I had a desktop version that Windows 10 rendered obsolete. My choice was to buy QuickBooks 2017 and hope Windows 10 wouldn't do the same thing to it or go with the online version, I went with the online version. In November there have been 2 updates that didn't update correctly & caused my desktop icon to disappear.

Cons

When I need to go to a customer whose name begins with R I can't just scroll to the R's! I have to page through, scrolling to the bottom of each page to get to the right area or go to the last page and page backwards. Why do they not put a next page icon on the TOP of each page also? The point of using software online is to save time and money, my time is worth money! Recently there were updates that didn't work correctly and left me with no icon on my desktop. I didn't want to call support because it always takes an hour or more. I tried the help forum and got 2 answers neither of which worked. Finally, there was a 3rd update and I got it straightened out.