ActiveCampaign Reviews

About ActiveCampaign

ActiveCampaign helps small teams power big businesses with the must-have platform for intelligent marketing automation. Customers from over 170 countries depend on ActiveCampaign’s mix of pre-built automations and integrations...

4.2

Browse ActiveCampaign Reviews

2,404 of 2,404 reviews
Allen
Allen

Reviewed on 26/03/2024

Great CRM and Marketing/Sales Software

Pros

I love being able to create automations to manage my leads, sales and save time with many tasks I used to do manually.

Cons

It's a bit slow and clunky with the automation builder and its massive so there is a learning curve, but it has been steadily improving.

Mike

Reviewed on 15/02/2024

Robust email marketing platform with sales tools

Good, only wish the connection would be faster.

Pros

Be able to have your email marketing and sales follow-ups in one place, not having to switch between platforms, and therefore you're sure you always have all the data at one place.

Email campaigns are easy to set up, as well as the automations.

Cons

It's sometimes very laggy, especially the email builder and the automations. I'm based in Spain and it sometimes felt like I was back in the 90's due to the slow responses from their server.

Keap

Sunil

Reviewed on 23/02/2024

Active Campaign is on the decline

Getting worse. It used to be easy and intuitive to use. Now there are errors, bugs and feature reductions almost every week that are surprising and frankly alarming.

Pros

It WAS easy to use. No longer the case.

Cons

Getting harder to use. Complicated. MOST CRITICAL: They are getting rid of features which are critical and sensible to maintain e.g. image resize, e.g. details on recent activities. The changes have eroded and downgraded the usability and attractiveness of their original program.

Top ActiveCampaign Alternatives

Kindsey
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 29/01/2024

Best email marketing platform out there!

Pros

The ease of use and simplicity of the platform. I've tried many email platforms and this is my favorite one for email marketing.

Cons

Nothing - no complaints whatsoever. Active Campaign is the best email marketing platform I've evalutated.

Keap and Mailchimp

GlassHive

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

I used it years ago and wish I had never switched. One of the easiest platforms to use.
Stephen

Reviewed on 28/03/2024

Marketing automation and email management solution

Pros

I like the flexibility that comes with the tool allowing us to scale operations of email and automation of marketing.

Cons

The onboarding process is a bit difficult especially to users new to marketing.

Britta
  • Industry: Online Media

Reviewed on 30/03/2024

Mein ActiveCampaign Review

Pros

easy to use, good tag system, automations are easy to use

Cons

very expensive for small companies, sometimes the handling is difficult, you need explanaions

Riccardo
  • Industry: Media Production

Reviewed on 16/02/2024

My experience with ActiveCampaign

Pros

I like how easily can be integrated in our automation process, and how is powerful in the menagement of campaign and automation

Cons

It's a little bit expensive when the number of leads rise

Fabiola
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 26/02/2024

My personal experience after using AC for 1 year

Pros

Using ActiveCampaign made it easier to handle my email marketing. It's very intuitive and user-friendly: once automations are set up is very easy to organize your campaign and design them according to your brand

Cons

I did not like how difficult it was to understand how to set automations up. If someone is not super familiar with email marketing and still would like to connect with their audience through emails, that can be an obstacle. Also the online guides are not always helpful thoroughly, often I ended up having more questions. Finally, being a client I couldn't find the live chat (even after following the guide's indications) so that would be a nice thing to improve, although the customer service was excellent

• Industry: Online Media
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 29/03/2024

The perfect email marketing tool

Pros

The funnel automation is really well done and complete of features

Cons

creating new funnels can be difficult on new accounts

Muhammed
Muhammed
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 04/04/2024

Aktif Kampanya

Pros

I can easily manage my e-mail campaigns, receive sales e-mails and build my customer base.

Cons

In fact, there are not many features that I do not like, but improvements can be made in terms of customer support.

Néstor
Néstor

Reviewed on 06/09/2019

This guys know how to do things the right way

Let me say it clearly: A-W-E-S-O-M-E

Trust me, they are the "real deal".

Pros

Instead of boring the hell out of you making a long list of all the things I like about AC, I would resume them in just 3 "little" things I care of:

- Reputation: They REALLY care about sender reputation. And, you know... an email that doesn´t get to my suscribers is like loosing money out of my pocket. So, I´me really happy the way they´re handling things on this department

- Ease of use + functionalities: Most other services only offer one of them things. But I want them all. AC covers all my needs regarding this issues (and I´m a choosy guy, you know).

- It´s scalable!: This is a biggy. As your businees grows, you´ll have a new set of needs when it comes to automation. AC scales as your business thrives so you don´t have to switch companies never again.

Cons

I´m a Spanish user and would love a full Spanish translation (at the moment we hace a partial translation) for Spanish users.

David J.
David J.

Reviewed on 02/03/2020

If you had to recommend one marketing automation tool for small business, here it is

I refuse to ever tell a client there's a single software in any category that they should use without proper investigation further, but I have yet to run into a time where ActiveCampaign wasn't a massive improvement to upgrade to from other tools of similar price but lesser capabilities, like MailChimp and ConstantContact.

AC has been my own email marketing and marketing automation system for approximately five years now and I don't see myself moving away from it at any point. It's important for me to be aware of the tools on the market, and there are other great ones, but none that have been a worthwhile transition off AC for.

Pros

You have a massive amount of features available to you to handle basic email marketing, advanced marketing automation, behavioral automations, tagging and audience segmentation, and so on. That's just the basic package, too. More advanced packages introduce a CRM (Customer Relationship Management) aspect that is particularly helpful for sales teams, Lead scoring to help prioritize accounts for your sales teams to be more efficient, and dynamic content (among many other features).

Cons

There is little to see on the Cons. If I had to select something, I suppose the limit of three users on the Lite plan can be frustrating. However, it's typically safe enough for a small business, easy to share logins if needed, and the price and added features of upgrading to the Plus plan is quite affordable as well.

Drip and Keap

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

MailChimp did not provide adequate automations and was very limited in segmentation.

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

Best pricing for the features provided. It also integrates with everything I needed it to and they clearly are moving in a positive direction, always improving the product and introducing new and upgraded features.
Kevin
Kevin

Reviewed on 19/06/2020

The automations work like a charm

We are using Mailblue, which is a certified partner of ActiveCampaign and makes their software available in my native language and with Dutch support. This makes it quite easy to get support when you need it. We were looking for a tool with e-mail, automation and lead scoring features. As we didn't have any in-house knowledge about these (especially the tools), I've done some research. ActiveCampaign came out as the tool with the best functionalities for the best price (through Mailblue). This made me decide to start a demo, and eventually get the software. So far, it does exactly what I need and at this time it doesn't cost me a lot of time to figure out how to use it. The only thing is we currently don't really use the lead scoring mechanism as it needs a lot of tweaking (on our side). But as all other features are working really well for me, we're still happy users of the software.

Pros

The flexibility of the tool is something I really like. It's quite easy to use your own email templates, which are (as long as you keep it simple) completely adjustable as well as responsive. Besides that, the automation part is working like a charm. By using your own tags and fields you can practically do anything you want.

Cons

I am still trying to figure out how to set up a link with our current CRM. As ActiveCampaign has their own CRM built in, this is not one of the key futures. For our business however, we only use ActiveCampaign for the e-mail marketing and automations (so only the marketing department is using this tool). The entire company is built on the use of our CRM, so we'd like to see all of the ActiveCampaign data on there for a complete report.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

The previous software has been stopped before I was working in this department, but as far as I know the main reasons were pricing and complexity/features.

Marketo Engage

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

The main reason was pricing, but I've also had some good referrals of other users. In the end the Dutch support (through Mailblue) made me decide to go for ActiveCampaign.
Noa
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 15/08/2020

ActibeCampaign is a professional game changer!

Overall, an excellent experience, that has transformed my organization's digital marketing and engagement.

Pros

I love the flow of the automations and segmentation.
It's opened a whole new world of opportunities for my organisation.

Cons

I'm not sure whether I have yet to find it, but from the exploration that I've done on the mobile app, I couldn't find tracking for automations, nor for forms. That would come in handy.

As for the software in general, it would have been helpful to be able to see an overview of all campaigns and automations in one place, rather than having automations on one tab and campaigns on another.

Also, it would be helpful if I could go into a sent campaign and resend it to myself (not a specific contact), and access the original message and list of people who received the campaign more easily. Currently feels like I need to go through 2-3 steps each time in order to do so.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

100% due to a recommendation and assistance of a committed and extremely professional user - [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] (aka "automations queen" :) [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

Same answer as previous question - [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] of Day by Day Business Management - [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. She has referred several new customers your way and deserves a BIG shoutout! :))
Millie
Millie

Reviewed on 13/10/2020

A good all-rounder

Active Campaign is our one stop hub for our sales and marketing activity so we have an almost global view of how our customers and and prospects are interacting with us - the exception is our help desk but I'm sure we could integrate that too if we really wanted to.

We use Active Campaign to track our:
- Sales team interactions - emails, including emails we send from our own inboxes, tasks and follow up tasks, and call records - as long as we enter them!
- We use it to send and tracks all the newsletter/marketing interactions and all our automated emails for customers on free trials.
- We also track key interactions with our own product (though an integration we built ourselves) so the sales team have a quick reference to important behaviours.

Pros

Moved to Active Campaign from Infusionsoft (2 years ago now, before they changed their name) and we were very satisfied at that particular time that Active Campaign was the superior product.

Good marketing and automation tools - which have also had a lot of investment and attention in the two years we've been using Active Campaign - as well as a solid CRM and lead/opportunity management dashboard.

We have the Enterprise Grade subscription which gives us access to a dedicated account manager. This was really useful in the first year and we had an excellent account manager at that time.

Cons

Active Campaign have really focused in recent years on the live / real time behaviour tools and giving users the ability to build extremely complex automations. For us though, we would prefer a bit more focus on improving the CRM and things that make contact and lead management easier - such as the ability to add follow up tasks from the (otherwise excellent) Gmail widget.

Alexandra Valeska

Reviewed on 08/09/2021

I always recommend Active Campaign for Funnels and Lead Nurturing strategies.

Active campaign has helped me a lot with developing my main service which is to create, implement and optimize funnels for different companies in wide niches.

Pros

What i love about this software is the sequence automations, use of tags and goals. They are time savers and easy to use once you understand the logic. It does not take great time to learn either.
There is a lot of useful blog posts and documentations to achieve the goals plus a Facebook Group community if very specific help is needed.

Cons

Loading time. Would like to have a faster loading time when it comes to saving emails, creating landing pages and reports.

MailerLite and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

Needed a more user friendly CRM for clients, an easier way to create automations, easy integrations and a way to duplicate sequences in different accounts.

GetResponse and Keap

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

It had high reviews and had heard of it before. Decided to give it a try and loved it. Also tired Hubspot even though is a very high CRM system, it was not useful to create funnels and strategies as needed.
Anastacia

Reviewed on 09/11/2022

ActiveCampaign

Overall, I like this product and it has a lot of helpful features/ tools within the software itself. So if you plan on using ActiveCampaign for more than just one element then it's definitely worth the time and money to use.

Pros

I love that this software is just so easy to use on any level. Whether you are experienced with email marketing and automation or if you are new to the team and have never used it before. It's a simple click and drag or click to update etc. It makes it easy to get plenty of support from people on your team who just need to help to complete some simple tasks.

Cons

The thing I disliked about this software is it a little cluttered. There are so many features and it can be overwhelming if you are only using it for one specific purpose.

Constant Contact and Mailchimp

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

ActiveCampaign was more affordable for what we needed.

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

ActiveCampaign was more affordable for the tools we needed.
Gabby
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Reviewed on 12/07/2020

Satisfied with Active Campaign

I've used several different email marketing software providers but when I switched to Active Campaign, I was finally satisfied with one. It was easy for me to get started using it and that was a big factor for me.

I like how the automations are similar to advanced email software and are easy to use. All the commands that I need are in the automations so I don't have to do a work-around.

Customer service has been helpful each time I contact them. When needed, they send me the exact link to the documentation I need, or answer my question.

Overall, I enjoy using Active Campaign and find it easy to use. The pricing is fair and I believe I get more value compared to other companies with similar pricing.

Pros

More features than other software at similar pricing
Pricing is fair
Easy to set up
Fast start to using the software
Good documentation
Good customer service that points to documents when needed

Cons

I don't know all of the features or how they could help my business - more explaining how things work would be helpful so I can decide if I want to implement it or not

Zakaria
Zakaria
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 23/03/2021

Affordable option to get into marketing automation

Overall, they have a leg up over other email marketing apps with their class-leading automation system.
Newbies will probably complain about the template composing feature. It's nowhere near as easy as Mailchimp or Aweber.

But I have a designer compose my newsletters in Stripo, which is inexpensive. And they have a one-click export into Activecampaign. This works for me.

I average 28% open rates on newsletter blasts. I'm happy with that kinda performance.

Pros

Activecampaign is more than just an email marketing app... done right it can free you from manually keeping track of leads and contacts interacting with your business.

We use it to nurture all new leads coming in through our website. I recently implemented lead scoring of my contacts, which will hopefully allow me to filter those leads ready for sales.

Another great feature is the site tracking. I've set an alert to notify me when a contact is on our site. I've yet to take advantage of this, but my plan is to automate an email to the relevant sales consultant, telling them their lead is on a high-intent page, so we can reach out at just the right time.

There is more under the hood, I know. For larger setups one could use it as a full CRM, bringing your sales team on board with incredible amount of data about your contacts.

Cons

It can be overwhelming. They have pre-built recipes for most functions, which is a great start. But still, you'll have to play with the automations and see which work for you.

Otherwise, it's like driving a Ferrari and not going faster than 120 kmh.

Aimee Rebekah
Aimee Rebekah

Reviewed on 06/07/2022

Customer Service & User Experience led me to leave after 7 Years

I switched to Convert Kit.

100X better interface, they do email automation and I can use it as a CRM even though it does not advertise itself as a CRM. Also, it is just a much more user friendly space, they have excellent customer service, chat works, emails get answered and I feel taken care of.

Pros

I used Active Campaign for 7 years mainly because I had not found another software that integrated email marketing & a CRM. Also, I gained alot of subscribers during this time and developed alot of automations, but I really feel like I could have done this with any other software, I attribute it more to my actions and not the software. The software itself was painful to use the entire time due to regular glitches in the email editor which is from the internet stone age.

Cons

Recently, the experience with customer service has gone downhill and my user experience has been less than acceptable for a company I pay over $100 a month to. The chat does not work, when I report problems, my emails are not answered.

The emails are clunky to create and I just find myself avoiding writing emails (which is not like me) just because the interface and software itself does not provide a smooth or enjoyable experience. Their email editor is OLD, and even though they just did an upgrade, it still is just not anywhere close to Convert Kit, which is what I decided to switch to.

I am loyal and I will stick with something, especially software for as long as possible, because migrating data takes so much time and energy. But I became physically unable to give one more ounce of my time or energy to this software.

I recently had multiple poor customer service interactions. I found myself being led down multiple unnecessary paths to fix issues unrelated to my problem. I had a sense that they have new people who don't really know what they are doing.

Anthony

Reviewed on 13/02/2023

Easy to use and well priced for the features you get

This is the second business I've implemented ActiveCampaign into - and on both occassions it has delivered tremendous value with quick setup and easy to use features for all users (even those who required onboarding as a first time user).

Pros

The marketing automation sequences are easy to visualise and build - with options to integrate directly into most CRM solutions for easy lead capture and management. The email deliverability is robust and the pricing model is significantly better value than most in the market for each new 'tier' of contacts.

Cons

It would be great to have a live chat function for any quick workarounds however the ticket support is relatively quick to respond (usually <24 hours).

MailerLite

Previous experience with ActiveCampaign

Reviewed on 08/03/2023

An excellent solution, if you have the budget and need

I really enjoyed using ActiveCampaign because it gave me a full range of tools and features to manage my marketing campaigns and automate certain tasks. The platform is easy to use and very intuitive. Also, I found their support to be very helpful and responsive which made the experience even better. Overall, I'm very satisfied with my experience with ActiveCampaign.

Pros

I particularly appreciated the variety of tools and features offered by Activ Campagne. The platform offers a wide range of intuitive tools to make it easier to send and track marketing campaigns and more complex marketing tasks. Plus, built-in APIs allow complex campaigns and processes to be instantly planned and managed. Finally, the excellent customer service ensures that users receive the information they need when they need it.

Cons

What I liked least about ActiveCampaign is its price. Although the platform offers excellent value for money, the price may be prohibitive for some companies on a budget. Moreover, very advanced features may also exceed their capabilities. However, I think for companies with the budget, the platform is a great option.

AWeber

Casey

Reviewed on 23/06/2023

Good experience

Ultimately it's a good product and analytics don't lie, it helped. Expect to spend time training or pay for a walk through.

Pros

Active Campaign is good. Full of features but no bugs, no limit on campaigns. Avoid losing opens and clicks to the spam folder and see a map of subscribers who are opening. The prices on their plans are fair and competitive. The design experience is good.Conditional Elements will dissappear if the recipient is using a mobile device and others will appear based on criteria such as subscriber history. Marketing automation is a hot feature with RSS, A/B, and dated options.

Cons

I wouldn't call it intuitive or user friendly. The full on walk through is only available to plus customers for free, everyone else has to pay.

Hilda N
Hilda N
  • Industry: Printing

Reviewed on 23/10/2023

My Experience Of Active Campaign Goodness

Apart from being an employee, I do creative graphic design as an independent designer and that's where Active Campaigns comes in.You know under the companies name it can be easy to reach out to people but as an individual designer its Abit tricky but Active Campaign has made it effortless. I use it to generate leads where I connect it with bots on FB and poster my wall to get emails then proceed with sales through a neatly organized email marketting

Pros

ActiveCampaign is super easy to use and setup. It's technical team is usually available 24/7 because everytime I have sent an enquiry email or called they always respond and guide me accordingly to be able to navigate the wideness of this platform. The versatility of Active Campaign is exceptional to fit any type of business even startups. It helps propel the business through automation of marketing channels which will then enable me to reach out to my target audience through emails and other interactions. Marketing efforts are simplified by personalizing to drive substantial leads,engage with my customers as well as centralize data from all these channels to help me sharpen on marketing. Follow up on prospects is also quite easy with Active campaign which makes it an indispensable tool that is precious for marketing of my designs

Cons

In the initial stages I had trouble understanding some of it's features and tags but the information available online and the tech team have helped me understand everything over the years of use

Reviewed on 04/09/2017

Strong Automation System & Ecomm DataLayer, Weak Support and Long Standing Bugs

Pros

Activecampaign sets the bar for building automations, with great sorting and filtering features including customer records, tags, lists, conditional rules/routing, e-commerce data such as purchases, crm pipelines and even a custom event layer. We have created very complex integrations for dozens of businesses ranging from E-Commerce stores, to Gyms to local businesses.

It's really simple to learn and use, and powerful enough to tackle even the most complex business processes. This includes in-store purchases on a POS to sending out emails or automation's based on purchases or LTV. It also supports multiple E-Commerce platforms natively, but be aware those features are nearly 4x the price to unlock after the trial.

Cons

After months of issues that resulted in one of our clients losing an excess of $40,000 in revenue, we can no longer recommend activecampaign. Poor support was to blame for this issue, with it being impossible to get someone on a call even though we pay 6 figures a year for service.

Activecampaign is growing really really fast. Because of this, They have pretty terrible support and there are also long-standing bugs that they seem to have no intention to fix. For instance, the system is supposed to generate previews for each automation's email steps and in various other places, but instance shows a broken image. We have inquired about this to the support to be told they are aware it's been broken for over a year and have no ETA or intention on repairing it. We have this problem on all our client's accounts(dozens), and it's a serious issue with UI/UX but they don't seem to care.

There are also some major logic issues, such as if you filter an automation to show anyone with 0 purchases, it doesn't work. We also inquired about this but got another non-response...

So basically, where it works, it works well but there are a few major issues and they don't seem intent on repairing them, even though they are steady releasing more features to add to their pricing tiers. Overall, it's hard to find another system that provides the ease of use, features, and value of activecampaign but the support and existing bugs are a nasty/necessary compromise.