Clover Reviews

3.9

3.9

About Clover

Clover POS is an integrated point-of-sale (POS) system with custom hardware designed for several types of retailers. This POS system is available in both web-based and server-based deployment versions and offers countertop...

3.8
3.3

Browse Clover Reviews

Luis
Luis
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 09/06/2023

Clover Review

Clover is very easy to use, doesn't take much space and it makes paying for merchandise and services fast and easy.

Pros

It's very easy to use, and I love how it accepts so many kinds of credit cards and forms of payments!

Cons

I don't like how sometimes it will take a few tries to read a card, which can make customers desperate and annoyed.

Jodi
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 21/01/2020

Great payment processing device

Clover payment system has been really great for our spa. Really easy to run transactions, reports or refunds. The customer service has been knowledgeable and super friendly when we have had any issues.

Pros

It’s is super easy to take and track transactions. Has report capabilities And many functions. It is super easy to use. I have two different clover devices for different providers and they are all great.

Cons

The software itself is wonderful. The only issue I have is with the flex portable device on/off button. It is on the side and client constantly hit the button when they are picking up to sign for a transaction. The button should be on back underneath where it can’t be accidentally touched.

Square Payments

Reasons for Switching to Clover

Love the functions on the clover and the receipts it prints.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 08/01/2024

Easy to use POS system

Pros

It is very easy to set up and physically looks good.

Cons

At times the handheld unit feels clunky.

Top Clover Alternatives

• Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 20/02/2024

AVOID this company

AVOID!!!

This company is just after to rip you off!

I signed up after using online payments only before and was completely clueless. They offered me much better rates compared to the smaller companies which didn't lock you in a contract but seemed worth while. As soon as I signed up, my account manager, [sensitive content hidden], "vanished". Turned out she left the company so I ended up having to call to figure out most things by myself. I wouldn't have minded, but within the first 16 months they put my rates up... I coped with that but then received another letter saying my rates will go up again, so I had enough. I contacted Worldpay and they offered much better rates.

So then I contacted Clover to say I was to cancel, they said ok, just send an email with certain details to this and that email. They didn't mention there was any charges for it but I was with them for over over 2 years so assumed giving them the 30 days notice will be enough.

A few days later got an email from them saying click on this form to proceed with your account closure - and there they were to charge me £120 for "early termination" and also added an extra £15 for a month lease. I mean wtf?? I called them up to complain and then received an email saying it could take them 8!!! weeks to respond.

Now 3 weeks later nothing. I cancelled all my direct debits though so they can't just put random charges on my account.

Disgraceful service!

Pros

Nothing. There is nothing positive about them

Cons

Charges increase and they are penalise you to wanting to leave.

Lori
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Reviewed on 02/11/2023

I've tried others. Clover made the cut!!

Almost a year now and I am happy with Clover. I depend on it daily.

Pros

Clover is the easiest to use, most dependable, most reliable POS application out of all I have tried. US based support and competitive pricing.

Cons

They take the fee out after the deposit instead of before like most of the others do.

Katie
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Reviewed on 03/12/2019

Easy to Use and Competitive Rates

Overall, the product is simple enough to use that I am not worried about any of our contracted therapists messing up the process and avoiding taking payments.

Pros

What I like most about Clover is that it can be downloaded on any smart device as app and has an easy to use card chip reader. Our agency wanted a chip reader for extra customer security and Clover offered that option.

Cons

I like least about the software is that is does not capture customer information as simple as their first and last name, but simply has a text box for a description. Our agency uses the device for customer copays for therapy appointments and in the text box I am forced to put the customers last name in order to reconcile payments later.

Square Payments

Reasons for Switching to Clover

The start up costs and credit card processing fees were lower.
Sara

Reviewed on 13/12/2019

Great POS for smaller businesses

Overall, I am happy with my experience with Clover. It has helped me manage my inventory, visualize my top and bottom sellers and identify peak hours for business. I recommend to any small retailer who needs an easy POS setup and inventory management solution.

Pros

The Clover POS is intuitive to use, easy to manage user accounts/ access for employees and very easy to add new items to inventory. The analytics available also aren’t too shabby.

Cons

I don’t like having the experience I have when dealing with Clover support but fortunately the need to do so is rare.

Reasons for Switching to Clover

I just preferred the packaging of the product and services it can provide.
Karen

Reviewed on 27/07/2021

Clover is Cumbersome and You Need Third Party Paid Apps to do Basic Functionality

Want to have a seamless point of sale software and this was not it. The approval process was difficult and extensive just to find out they are out of stock of their hardware so I am charged the manual entry rate versus the keyed in rate even thought they are out of stock of Clover Go until and undetermined time.

Pros

I like the Clover Gos swipe and cost per transaction option but it is out of stock for months. I like the dashboard.

Cons

Wanted to import products from another system and tried to match the template provided by Clover to import and never got it in. Plus size of file is limited to 10MB which for the effort I could have keyed in the few items quickly to get to the file limit size. Customer support was painful to interact with and not helpful.

Stripe

Reasons for Switching to Clover

because of the swiping capability which does not exist on Stripe
Michelle

Reviewed on 31/05/2022

Simple to set up and configure. Simple to use. Flexible reporting options. Decent Support.

Clover simplified payment processing for us with easy to use devices and flexible reporting options.

Pros

Our overall experience has been great. The Clover portal is simple to set up and devices are easy to configure. Clover devices are wireless and easy for staff to use, with good user level security and flexible reporting options. We have had no issues with the devices or the service since going live.

Cons

If there is any WiFi interferance the devices can disconnect from the internet and prevent payment processing, this is not a Clover issue though.

Yousef
Yousef

Reviewed on 30/11/2023

Horrible!!!! Do not use!!!!

Horrible. Will never use or refer to anyone

Pros

Nothing at all. They shut down my account without any notice.

Cons

Customer service, service itself, sales representative

Brian

Reviewed on 13/03/2021

No support, at all.

Terrible. 25% of the time iy works great....but the 75% it runs terribly. And if I choose to call them about a problem, I will be on the phone for a hour or longer, every time!

Pros

It looks modern, but it doesn't function like they said it will.

Cons

Deleting whole orders. Combining tables without approval. Running credit cards for the whole order, it chooses to run for half or some random total...but not what it says! Beyond frustrated with this pos.

Aloha EPOS

Reasons for Switching to Clover

Salesman. He was great to sell us, but nothing after. He should have more information and intelligence about this product.
Luigi

Reviewed on 26/04/2021

Easy, simple and effective

Very positive. It's ease of use makes it suitable for every demographic and It integrates well with our other systems like Shopify and Shopventory.

Pros

Since this system uses android OS so it follows a familiar mobile OS layout.

The system is extremely easy to use. I repeat, EXTREMELY easy to use. So easy that the boomers in our company did find it too difficult to learn.

It's large buttons and integrated barcode scanner makes transactions quick and smooth.

It integrates with most common applications such as Quickbooks & Shopify.

The option to search for products by typing the name is extremely useful.

As one of our owners put it, "It's pretty hard to make a mistake on it, even for a caveman like me."

Cons

It's certainly not as advanced as other point of sales systems I've used in the past.

Sometimes simple commands are buried in sub folders. For example, if you want to delete an entire order, you are required to push three dots at the top of the order, then select the "delete order" option from a list of commands. While simple is steps, the lack of clarity when while locating the the action can slow you down when you are busy.

A massive con is the that it does not natively support variable priced items by weight. In order to add this as an option, we're required to pay an extra $10 a month.

Something that has also been massively disappointing is that you can not increase the price of an item during the sale. If an item is at a fixed priced, you can not increase the price, you can only reduce the price or provide an item discount. This is a disadvantage if you don't necessarily need an item to be a variable priced item, of if an item is priced incorrectly. It forces you to use the open item option.

Graham

Reviewed on 23/11/2020

Not for Retailers

The problems come with the back office.
The inventory system is basic to say the least, items sold at the till do decrease the totals, but all purchase quatities have to be done manually, you cannot set min and max stock levels, or re-order levels with the bundled system, so re-orders have to have a physical stock check, I am still trying to work out how this saves me time and money.
Clover relies heavily on thrid party APPs, which they absolve themselves of all responsibility in their T's & C's. These Apps are expensive
(The Shopventory APP is £40 Pm +VAT)
The E-Commerce integration does not work.
The Magento integration is for Magento 1m which was made obsolete in June 2018, and is no longer supported.
The Shopify integration does not work either, and for me failed at the first hurdle, (I have now been waiting 14 days for a fix).
I purchased a barcode reader they recommended, not even their support staff could get it to work, I was promised a fix, five months ago.
In my opinon this system out of the box is not for retail, unless you want to see your profits dwindle through the purchase of expensive APP's.
The actual helpdesk staff are very helpful, but they can only do so much.
The actual management are a nightmare to deal with.
I first presented some of these issues within 30 days and was promised a fix, five months later I am being told that even though I registered those issues it will cost me over £1500 to get out of a 48 month contract.

Pros

The till itself is fantastic, it looks ultra sleek and ultra modern, customers love it.
And that is about it

Cons

It was sold to me as a solution to me retail needs it certainly is not

Rachel

Reviewed on 20/07/2021

Too Simple without the Addition of Add-Ons

In our experience, clover has been nothing more than a fancy credit card reader. Our entire company runs through a third party app that manages clover from the other side. The only use clover has become to us is, to accept payment and we are currently looking into changing to a system that better suits our needs.

Pros

The aesthetic of the hardware fits on par with what is trending. The ability to utilize the barcode scanner is also nice.

Cons

In order to run our business effectively we had to download so many third party apps to do what we had been doing for 30 years on an outdated system. It felt like a slap in the face as it was a turning point for us to upgrade all the systems only to find it was nearly useless for what we needed it to continue doing for us.

MicroBiz Cloud POS

Reasons for Choosing Clover

We were running the old versions of Microbiz (not Microbiz Cloud POS.) We were making the change to integrate our brick and mortar into an online store as well and the options were not ideal for staying with Microboz. Our payment processing provider recommended clover so we went with them in order to not have to change our longstanding relationship with the local payment processing company.

Reasons for Switching to Clover

Cost efficiency and apparent easy of use.
Jeremy
  • Industry: Restaurants

Reviewed on 25/09/2022

Easy to implement and maintain - loaded with great features!

Quick customer service, and a excellent interface, clover make POS a great option.

Pros

Easy to learn and use, with great ability to track inventory and customers.

Cons

The clover monthly pricing nearly doubled in the span of a month, backing out cafe into a corner. I’m still frustrated to be paying for the same features with a $50/month increase.

Pricing and hardware

SalesVu

Reasons for Switching to Clover

POS hardware pricing sale.
Lawrence
  • Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 14/06/2022

Customer Service

Trying to get the original set up support is terrible. You will spend hours on the phone on hold, then transferred to another line to start over waiting, only to be dropped and start over. I have had this experience every time we reactivate our machines. Billing is another issue. We use these on a seasonal and reactivation is a nightmare.

Pros

Nice user friendly once up and running.

Cons

Inventory is hard to duplicate in all machines. When you download the template it has several errors when importing.

Reasons for Choosing Clover

Update
Simon
  • Industry: Food Production

Reviewed on 27/08/2023

Poor software and a false advertising to pull new customers.

Fun at first, but slowly becoming the worst experience I have ever had with a POS system.

Pros

Nice clean design. Lots of promises that weren't met.

Cons

Their customer service will inform you that they will not give you new terminals despite their failure to operate properly and regardless of their "hassle free exchange policy".Software glitches are abundant and rampant throughout the device. Chase systems although ugly were far more stable and reliable.

Chenna
  • Industry: Restaurants

Reviewed on 28/07/2020

Clover for restaurants

Excellent in every possible way conceivable. We didn't have any major challenges during the last 2+ years of the usage.

Pros

Extremely easy to configure and change on the fly or on the internet, so, you don't have to be next to the machine to change or update anything. I can walk my Manager through this without any issues at all. The customer support is great. They are literally one call away. And anyone from the restaurant can call from the system, so, they don't have to provide any details on the account etc. Also, they can remotely log into the system directly and change things that we request, which is great, so, as a business owner I am not tied up to the system having to do everything myself.

Cons

Some of the features need us to call the Clover Customer Support. Also, in the good old restaurant POS systems you can print the bill and the customer adds the tip manually on paper. Also, the system automatically prints Receipts even though we touch the No Receipt Printed option. They need to fix that to avoid the waste of paper.

Kelly

Reviewed on 16/12/2019

Ideal POS system for a food truck.

Overall a very positive experience! Great for foodservice and customer support has been able to quickly resolve issues whenever they came up.

Pros

The interface is clear, easily navigated and very editable to meet your needs. This has been ideal for our coffee truck that enjoys making custom, often complicated orders.

Cons

"Waking up" the system is a slow process, often takes us somewhere between 5 to 10 minutes every morning. Most days we have to do a full reboot in order to get things operational.

Square Point of Sale and Shopify POS

Square Point of Sale and Shopify POS
Deborah
  • Industry: Furniture

Reviewed on 08/09/2022

Clover Nightmare!!!!!!!

We used Clover for over a year at our 70+ year established furniture store. We contacted them over a year ago to cancel our services as we were opting to go with another provider and did. We filed all the requested paperwork to end services with Clover in 2021. HOWEVER, they continued to bill us for a service we NO LONGER utilized and when we confronted them about the issue of billing after CANCELATION, they denied getting paperwork and refused to refund ANY monies. (OVER $2k). The form provided by them and the instructions for resending it had changed and when confronted they denied that also. DISGUSTING BUSINESS PRACTICES! DO NOT USE THEM!

Pros

The software wasn't the problem. The software was great.

Cons

No complaints about software. The software worked great. However this isn't the ONLY part of running a good and reputable company!

Brianna

Reviewed on 08/04/2022

Great but has limitations

Overall, it’s been really great. Whenever we have issues, clover is usually able to solve it. Their customer service has been wonderful; they take time to understand issues and make notes for their software engineers when there’s a bug.

Pros

Easy to use; intuitive layout.
The report overview can show sales by-the-hour which is helpful for planning.
The add-on apps have been working well; Menufy & the inventory audit are great.
The inventory audit add on also has a downloadable app which has significantly streamlined our inventory process.
Great customer service-they are able and willing to help fix any issues that come up.

Cons

The hardware can be glitchy. 2 examples: (1) the station will start clicking buttons randomly and sometimes this can only be stopped by restarting the machine. (2) the biometric finger print sign in will crash about 50% of the time when trying to add new employees.
The reports could be more customizable and the filters could be more detailed.
It would be nice if the whole thing was able to be customized to fit our unique needs, but for the price it works well enough.

Molly
Molly
  • Industry: Wine & Spirits

Reviewed on 07/02/2022

Bad functioning, terrible customer support, too many problems for the price.

Clover is a mid-range to expensive POS system that is definitely not worth the money. I wish we had stuck with Square that can communicate between both of our locations, share inventory, run a functioning website and has an accessible online dashboard.

Pros

Somewhat easy to set up, and credit card processing did cut costs from our prior POS system. You pay for the look of the stations, the swivel can only make up for so many problems- in this case I'll be switching back to Square.

Cons

I've had every problem in the book with this software. I've been shut out and had to factory reset my stations, had all data and inventory erased. I've had to plug in ethernet cables every week because they Wifi is not compatible, and have had to reset admin profiles due to shut out. Me and customer service have had at least 20 calls, and most problems never seem to be resolved in the end. Of course it's not their fault, but there is only the option of getting a call, you can't email, or chat with anyone online, and some poor person in India is trying to figure out what is on your screen when the technology is going wrong.

mark

Reviewed on 25/07/2023

crayola mode

Pretty average to bad. Crappy hold times incompetent customer service reps..... Meh

Pros

It was here when I started. Was ok but now nearly not functional

Cons

Bad interference that changes with updates and hides needed functions. Completely different look that makes it hard to use.

Toast POS

Reasons for Switching to Clover

No clue wish they hadn't
Phillip
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 04/05/2021

Things untold !

All sweet talk and proper verbiage of a slimy sales guy to get you onboard. Talk about all the proper prices and how they will beat every competition. I had used they guys close to 2 years. Long story short, story untold to you is even if you own the machine outright , you can't resell it to another person or business as this will take out another possible chance of them selling the machine. If you ever choose to leave this company , beware of an instant charge of over 500 bucks. I was on a month by month basis and only needed to pay fees per month as per what my sales had told me. I had only stumbled onto all this information because I am starting a second business. But because the business is different and the bank account is different. I cannot use this machine. So now I have a 1300.00 machine sitting around and doing nothing. the icing on the cake was the undisclosed closing fee. No sales guy will ever tell a person its there, but it will be on the documents. I can say the machine is great but I'm not. The people and policy of this company will make me forever to tell everyone to stay away !!

Pros

it was like any other machine out there.

Cons

software was fine, its a brand new machine.

Michelle

Reviewed on 28/11/2023

Non existent customer service

Horrid experience. In this day and age we have to suffer such incompetence for a high price. Numerous calls no resolution. Agents will not escalate calls. Different department different function wash responsibility from each other between technical, leasing and cs. I cannot emphasize enough how terrible this experience was/is. Continuing battle to get hold of someone.

Square is the way to go! Set up in one day. Customer service agents able and willing to help. So much support for success of small businesses.

Clover will keep debiting your account even if deactivated then no one to fix the problem.

Pros

I have nothing good to say. Worst experience.

Cons

Everything but especially sales, customer service