About Copper

Copper is an easy-to-use CRM for small- and medium-sized businesses that need a better way to manage leads & grow customer relationships. If you don't have time for data entry, tedious admin tasks, or overly complex tools, Copper...

Browse Copper Reviews

Dulce L. Dulce L.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Reviewed on 04/08/2021

Amazing CRM!

Overall very happy with this software. Didn’t need any training at all as it’s very intuitive and easy to work with.

Pros

It is very user friendly, loads quickly and can be used on the go. I love that there’s an app that works smoothly on my iPhone and iPad. This makes us super easy to work on the go or to be able to access info when away from the office. I also love the copper extension that allows me to see if my clients have opened up our emails (it lists each date and time it was opened)

Cons

The only issue I have is that the Copper extension (not the software itself) sometimes marks an email as being read if I open it to link it to an opportunity. Not a big deal, I can usually rule out the “read” notification right after the email was sent because I know it was me. Any other reads are ones our customers triggered when they opened the email.
I also wish that the mobile app allowed you to view the customers numbers without having to select the “phone” or “call” option.

Richard H. Richard H.

Reviewed on 11/08/2021

Copper CRM is Way Better than other CRM software I've tried -- and I've tried many.

With me now using Copper CRM, I've found that I can make about 20% more connections during a day because the software is so logically laid out and easy to use. It keeps all the information I need right where it would logically be located. So Copper has saved me time and made me more productive -- and it surprised me.

Pros

Copper is well designed, and very easy to use. It is logical and well laid out. I've tested 7 other products before Copper and they all were too cumbersome and hard to run.

Cons

I don't like having to retype the same address information into the program for a "Person" who I am Adding to a Company that already has that address information in it. There should be a pop-up that asks "Use same address as "Company Name?"

M. woodrow J. M. woodrow J.

Reviewed on 23/08/2021

Keep it Simple Stupid

Pros

Simple
Integrates with Email
Minimalistic yet still feature heavy
Provides actionable sales process data

Cons

Which it dealt with duplication a little bit better

Pipedrive and Insightly

Reasons for Choosing Copper

We still use monday.com for project management but it just wasnt the right tool for a sales CRM

monday.com

Reasons for Switching to Copper

Simplicity of use and customization.

Top Copper Alternatives

Phillip V. Phillip V.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 11/08/2021

Great interface and easy to integrate with other software

Pros

The UI is very easy to use and I like the fact that it tracks emails and you can see when customers open the emails. I like that you can log notes and also that it integrates with PandaDoc and MailChimp.

Cons

I feel like the speed of the sync could be improved.

Salesforce Sales Cloud and Method CRM

Reasons for Switching to Copper

Copper (at the time Prosperworks) synced with GSuite and had a friendly UI.
Janna W. Janna W.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 02/04/2020

Copper is helping me keep track of my customers

Overall it has been helpful to keep track of my contacts. I wish that there were more features for the lower price point, like marketing and email features.

Pros

I like that it syncs to my Gmail and automatically goes back through 1 year of communication to add all those emails to my connections with my contacts. The Gmail extension makes it super easy to add new contacts to my CRM and keep track of our conversations. It also makes it easy to keep track of leads and opportunities and what stage they are at. The Task function is nice how it adds to-do items to my calendar and sends me reminders. That is helpful so I don't forget to do things daily.

Cons

It's pretty expensive for only one user and many of the best features of it are only available for the higher pay level. Also, it's doable to use from Gmail on a phone but not easy. I wish the app extension worked better.

HubSpot CRM and Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing Copper

Mailchimp was really just my email list and I couldn't use it as a proper CRM to keep track of leads and projects, etc.

Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to Copper

Syncing to gmail automatically.
Michael B. Michael B.
  • Industry: Building Materials

Reviewed on 13/08/2021

Copper for Small Business

I like Copper, it is easy to use and integrated with Gmail. Cloud base allows use any place in the world. Accounts and analysts (people who do nothing but watch what I do) love looking at my copper but hate putting information in system.

Pros

1. Organizes leads, people, and anything for sales.
2. sends reminder emails about presentation or phone call.
3. cloud based, can be done anywhere
4. Task managment
5. easy input with enough infomration on clients. Sometimes find info on leads online.

Cons

1. Can't same attachments for emails.
2. Does not integrate with LinkedIn (App for LinkedIn mixing is terrible).
3. Not enough time to use because focoused on other things for small busines.

Reasons for Choosing Copper

IT person at company wanted to switch.

QuickBooks Time
  • Industry: Public Policy

Reviewed on 01/11/2018

Has helped me get my marketing leads in order

Copper has made it easy for me to keep track of my leads. With it's basic functions anyone can use it without reading extensively through a guide or manual. I would recommend it to new businesses because of it's simplicity and inexpensiveness.

Pros

I've used copper for a while now - it was called Prosperworks when I first started to use it. It was my first CRM and it has helped me get my marketing leads in order as well as showed me how to use a CRM. Since it has simple features it is easy to use and learn and once you get the hang of it you are able to understand bigger and more complex systems so I'd like to think of Copper as a gateway CRM. I love how it integrates with Gmail so that with just one click of a button on the side panel that shows up after you install the Chrome extension and you have the contact's information saved- which spares you the work of manually adding a contact to the platform. The filters are easy to use and the fields can be customized. They even have a "market place" where you are shown information on the contacts whom you've recently exchanged emails with and it gives you the option to save it to your list. The pricing is also reasonable, especially if your company is in its early stages.

Cons

The thing that I dislike most about Copper is the field mapping that needs to get done prior to importing a list of leads via an Excel sheet. If there is one error or if it doesn't recognize the information within a cell then it wont import it and it will give you a pop up window with the option to correct it right then and there. I've found myself fighting with it plenty of times because it wont accept what I'm writing and then I would resort to canceling everything and just deleting that contact from the list to add it manually afterwards just to get the import feature to work.

Also it is such a chore to import these lists, you have to click on so many menu items to get to the import function.

Connor M. Connor M.
  • Industry: Veterinary

Reviewed on 02/07/2020

Flexiable and Easy to Use

We've been able to create multiple ticketeing systems and pipelines to track ROI on new promotions and programs.

Pros

The flexibility the software offers through customization and its automated workflows make both your job as an admin, and your everyday user's lives so much easier. It's also so incredibly easy to learn even on the higher technical end it isn't challenging.

Cons

A number of the support articles are very outdated, especially in regards to the various integrations you can make, but reaching out to support usually fixes this.

Zoho CRM and Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing Copper

The old program was just not cutting it. It wasn't mobile-friendly or as customizable as Copper.

Reasons for Switching to Copper

Customization, ease of use, and price
Alirio rubén R. Alirio rubén R.

Reviewed on 14/07/2018

I work with hundreds of clients in LATAM. Prosperwork is a great support to manage my company.

I work in a service company that offers hardware and software solutions with hundreds of clients in LATAM. Prosperwork is a fundamental support for the management of our company, it allows us to follow up on the objectives set, measure deviations, marketing actions and contact with our customers.

Pros

Prosperwork is a CRM, which works in the cloud, which allows improving the sales management of any company. Among the most brilliant features is the complete merger with the Google Suite, but that articulation does not stop there, it also has the option of integrating with other web tools such as MailChimp, on cloud solution for handling email marketing campaigns, which makes an essential support tool for the work of our marketing department.

It also offers synchronization with Dropbox, which makes it easy to transfer information through the tool.

Due to being a solution on cloud, you can follow up, in real time, the work of the sales department. Contributing to the making of early decisions, avoiding the deviation from the goal proposed by our board.

Cons

We are very satisfied with the solution presented by this software, to the point of not having found ourselves before anything we want to do and can not do it in the tool.

Although it is intuitive, it can be a bit confusing to use in the first few changes. Then, everything flows with a lot of precision and speed. The main reason for this situation is the large number of options and configurations that can be made in Prosperwork.

• Used for Free Trial

Reviewed on 14/04/2020

Intuitive software at a price

Copper was great to use. It has native integration with gmail which makes things easier (you can achieve the same function in other CRM's with only a few steps)

It's really nice to work in something that feels google but pricing was just out of the picture for us. Other alternatives like teamwave provide the same/more services for an overall price

Pros

Copper is really easy to use, especially for people new to CRMs and that use g suite/gmail constantly. It connects directly through your gmail and provides the same features as other robust CRMs

Cons

It's really expensive, especially for startups and there are better options out there for a lot cheaper. Great software, exclusive pricing

TeamWave, HubSpot CRM and Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing Copper

zoho is clunky and horrible. A huge range of software that you won't use or the functionality is horrible and its better to use other packages

Zoho One

Reasons for Switching to Copper

Because of the native integration and discounts for social organisations. The native integration isn't necessary
Praveen R. Praveen R.

Reviewed on 13/07/2018

ProsperWorks is one of the best CRM solutions I used so far

Pros

Has a standardized graphical user interface. Has superb marketing feature. It is simple to install the setup and doesn't require much training on its usage. Helps you track leads and automatically sending them notifications, thereby increasing the sales. It is cloud-based and is integrated with Google applications making it easy to track all the interactions with your clients, Mailchimp, linked in. You can create and notes for each lead. It has a feature, wherein you can check if a prospect has opened your mail or not. The customer service and support team are very responsive. Each of the client’s profile comprises relevant information in addition to the previous conversation threads. Pipeline reporting helps large businesses. You can prioritize and plan all your events and meetings and set up task reminders. As it is integrated with Google products, manual data entry is avoided and it has helped in saving time and minimizing errors.

Cons

One of the main drawbacks of this CRM is that it lacks call integrations. The reporting feature needs upgradation.

Jesse S. Jesse S.
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment

Reviewed on 20/02/2020

No brained choice for CRM

Overall excellent value. Really helps have an easy to use CRM.

Pros

Highly intuitive interface. Plugs in easily to our Google Suite. Easy to update how it is organized when we change our workflow.

Cons

It would be nice if there were more options to customize reports. The existing reports don’t seem to work that well based on How we use the software.

Copper was better value.

Response from Copper

Thank you, Jesse. The team is going to love seeing this review!

Replied 26/02/2020
Dallas E. Dallas E.

Reviewed on 11/08/2021

Excellent management for Sales Teams!

My overall experience with Copper has been great. I've transitioned from customer success to sales over the past few years with Copper and the insight I have at my fingertips is so valuable. I wouldn't be able to keep up with all my leads and customer relationships without it.

Pros

Copper is very user friendly, and easy to implement across different levels of experience for teams. Once you're set up, the CRM gives full insight and transparency to what's going on with my leads at every stage of their lifecycle. I couldn't manage all my leads at scale this easily without Copper.

Cons

At first I wasn't a big fan of the reports I had available (maybe personal preference here), but it has been recently overhauled and I am enjoying them now. Reports give me the data insight at a glance that our team needs for meetings. That tells me they are always keeping an eye on big impact updates!

Bronwyn M. Bronwyn M.

Reviewed on 03/09/2019

Copper Has Failed

A CRM is a great thing, but Copper has not delivered! The software is unreliable, the customer service has fallen short. What we were promised is not what we have received. It is too bad, because I love a lot of the features.

Pros

It is easy to use, once you get the hang of it. Good customization. Phone App. Copper integrates with all things Google.

Cons

The Software isn't solid!
In a matter of 6 weeks the CRM has had 2 major malfunctions, called "bugs" according to Copper support staff.
1)People Records Malfunction - I am the admin of this software and the person responsible for uploading 28 years of Legacy Data (all of our customer records). In attempting to update some of the outdated contact info changing phone numbers and addresses, emails etc. which I populated into Copper from various spreadsheets, work order lists, Quick Book records, and email contact lists. The "People" records began to malfunction; phone numbers literally began jumping around. Example, I would open someone's customer's record and another customers number would populate, I would end up calling the wrong customer. Copper engineers have been "working" on this for a month, still no fix.
2.) Opportunity Pipeline Malfunction - Imports are mapping to the wrong Pipeline. I have hundreds of business opportunity records, Google sheet based spreadsheets, that I am attempting to import (bulk) thousands of cells of data to the CRM, despite properly mapping the import (correct methods on my part) this crucial business information imports to the wrong pipeline & tons of data is lost in the process. This is huge, if you can't import and map your customers spreadsheet records (bulk) you have to hand enter each record. What should take 5 mins will take days/weeks/months! This has been going on for over a week now, and no one at Copper seems to care.

Response from Copper (formerly ProsperWorks)

Thank you for the honest review, Bronwyn. This is beyond helpful and we'll be taking your feedback to the team and look into improving where we were unable to provide a stellar user experience for you.

Replied 19/09/2019
Andrew C. Andrew C.
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 28/03/2018

Beware, especially when it comes to pricing

Beware of Prosperworks pricing strategy...of course nobody picks up a CRM system for a few months, not if you are making a serious decision for your company. Then, of course, the pricing decision favours the bigger payment annual plan (as opposed to the smaller monthly payment which is much higher on an ongoing basis) so I expect most businesses to opt for the annual plan.

But BEWARE of two things:
1) If you terminate at any time then "All charges are final, non-cancelable, and nonrefundable," This means you can sign on annually, use it for a month, give them their required 60 days termination notice, cancel.....but no refund.
2) AUTO RENEWAL. There is no prior notice on the 12 month mark. We had decided not to renew and thought we would get off the system at end of the 12 month period. Unfortunately, we thought we had commenced in March, but it turns out to be February, by which time the annual fee has been already taken from our account...then we are into the NOT REFUND terms.

Advice: I don't believe any small company can assess a crm for suitability during the 2 week free period after which we were forced to make a purchase decision. To save money (and we intended to be long term users) we signed on for annual plan. We stopped using the system after 6 months. I'm sure that Prosperworks knows this. This doesn't stop them from auto billing 12 months in advance without prior notice. Now we are paying for 2 years usage, having only used the system for 6 months.

More advice...the reason why we didn't immediately terminate from Prosperworks after 6 months (when we stopped using it) is obvious: we need to get our customer data out and that takes time. You should be aware of this as well: "All of Your Content on the Service may be permanently deleted by ProsperWorks upon any termination of your account in its sole discretion."

The customer service girl, after listening to my story said today "you can cancel on 60 days notice" but she did not tell me 1) that there would be no refunds (as per ProsperWorks terms) and 2) that they would delete all my data.

BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE. This is a marketing trap.

Pros

I thought the gmail integration would be a good idea, it turns out that you have to (almost) click every email attached to the customer to see what is going on and alot of emails are just copies of previous emails.

Prosperworks marketing is really good, and the interface and sell looks good.

Also, any person who reviews Prosperworks say within 2 months of using the system will likely give 5 starts....I think reviewers should wait a bit and test the system more. In our case, we have now been with the company and the software for over a year.

Cons

I concur with a previous user "3. Messy messy messy. The screen is just jammed packed with data, much of it useless, and it's difficult to find the data you want. Accordions inside of tabs inside of pop-ups? Really? Is that the best way to access the tasks associated with a client? It shouldn't take 3-4 clicks to get to a teeny tiny truncated accordion window of information. We should be able to see and sort through data related to a client within the main window. Bad design."

Scott M. Scott M.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 12/06/2020

Great CRM for Entertainment Agency or any business really

Pros

I use gmail (POP) not G Suite and it runs seemless as a sidebar tool telling me about my clients and allowing me to add new contacts on the fly within my email. That isn't even the main app. Once inside I run my sales pipelines and see the productivity of my agents that use the software. Emailing from the software is easy and since we run bookings into clubs and things tour routing is super important and to segment on the fly and import contacts into Mailchimp is very cool to saves so much time.

Cons

Not having GSuite makes emailing a little unprofessional as it emails directly through my gmail address.

Jo B. Jo B.

Reviewed on 20/02/2020

Perfect CRM for our tech start up

As a our company has grown, Copper has been crucial for us to keep track of the client journey, especially as we have some long sales cycles.

Pros

Copper has made it easy for us to build and structure our sales and client management processes, as well as manage many other types of contacts. When things are moving fast it is great for our team to be able to jump in and assist on any sale as everyone has full visibility to a client history. It’s seamless integration with google suite has also been a huge plus for us.

Cons

We would like to automate a range of emails for our users and can’t do this through Copper.

Response from Copper

Thanks for the review, Jo!

Replied 02/03/2020
Angela R. Angela R.

Reviewed on 16/08/2021

Navigating Screens

Helping our Sales Department follow up on Sales Leads, in a timely manner with both new and old customers.
Keeping up with actual Lead to Sale Ratios, Projected Sales Quotas, etc.

Pros

Customer Service, I am a technically challenged Gram of 3, who all can run rings around me in the technical department, that is, if it is pertaining to the games, photos, Social Media sites, etc.
Copper Customer Service has been most helpful and understanding with me~learning to navigate pages!

Cons

The most aggravating thing I complain about is not being able to see or find my data after entering and not being able to actually see it has been done!

Dave M. Dave M.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Reviewed on 10/11/2020

Easy onboarding, extremely tight integration with GSuite, but complete fail on email tracking

Happy with the tight and transparent integration with GSuite, but cancelled due to the failure of email tracking.

Pros

We bought Copper (previously Prosperworks) to get CRM integrated with GSuite. Copper excels here: using the Chrome extension, you get transparent integration of Copper contact and activity tracking into GSuite, which works especially well with small teams. You can set up your own sales funnels, forecasting and project tracking, and everyone can see all the activity they are authorized for.

Cons

We wanted email tracking. While Copper offers rudimentary and amateurish tracking, they have completely abandoned the feature, despite continuing to describe it on their site. Worse, the feature is getting worse over time, which points to an out-of-control development process. For a more complete exploration, check this thread:

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

We canceled after 3 years due to this issue.

Reasons for Switching to Copper

We had Copper up and running within minutes. Salesforce didn't call back for two days.
Emily F. Emily F.
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Reviewed on 20/07/2018

Perfect option for my small business

I use PW as a solo business owner (it's just me, no employees). I run a medical-based business with clients who (hopefully) repeat business in 3, 6, or 12 months. With tags in Prosperworks, I can tag a client with the date they're due back and then find all clients due back (August 2018) for example. It really helps my workflow/tracking. I like the ability to track a client from appointment setting through follow-up in the "Opportunity" function. The integration with Gmail is critical for me as I also use G Suite as base for my business.

Pros

I absolutely love the seamless integration with gmail! I love the filter option when looking for customer information. The ability to create "Opportunities" for contacts is really helpful in tracking my workflow through the days/weeks.

Cons

There are always little things here and there that I'd like to tweak, but overall I am very happy with the system.

Andrew E. Andrew E.

Reviewed on 11/08/2021

Limited exposure, but it's been great!

Great. Everything I've needed, nothing I don't.

Pros

That it's fairly intuitive and easy to use. I've used Salesforce at all my other jobs and it's a pain in the butt. In my opinion it's too much. Trying to be everything to everybody. In contrast, Copper has been very smooth, focused and easy to use. I have what I need and not a bunch of extra stuff to bog me down and get in my way.

Specifically appreciated the reporting. So much simpler to generate the fairly simple reports I'm looking for as a sales rep. Was able to figure it all out on my own without having to bug mangers and sales enablement.

Cons

I had some minor frustrations with lack of information sharing between Copper and other systems. Honestly though, I think that was more on our end and shouldn't really be attributed to Copper because I think that was a lack of investment on our end to button up integrations.

• Industry: Public Policy

Reviewed on 29/03/2020

Great CRM for GSuite

Great CRM for Gsuite. Best feature - ability to manage CRM reasonably well straight out of Gmail.

Pros

Tight integration with Gmail and Gsuite. Ease of use. Ability to customize to our workflow + business needs.

Cons

Hard to say. Given our business needs (less sales driven than most), we don't use anywhere near all the functionality so areas like reporting or pipeline management *might* not be great for a larger enterprise...but fine for us.

Pipedrive, Streak, Insightly and Salesforce Sales Cloud

Response from Copper

Now this is the good stuff. Thanks for the glowing review!

Replied 30/03/2020
Stuart W. Stuart W.
  • Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 26/03/2020

Terrible Customer Service

Ok software, terrible customer service.

Pros

Software is simple. The pro is the widget for your Gmail Inbox.

Cons

Contact information automation is below par and we had the occasional syncing issues. The feature are not worth the price per user. After using the service for a full year we decided it wasn't the right fit. When we requested to cancel the service, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] from Copper refused to refund us because it was 2 days past the deadline! I responded to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who never wrote back. I have made multiple attempts to contact Copper and still haven't heard anything back.

Reasons for Choosing Copper

Customer Service. Copper responds to you like a robot, and prioritizes money of people.

Reasons for Switching to Copper

Gmail inbox sync capability.

Response from Copper

Hi Stuart, we're sorry to hear that your time and experience with our product and team hasn't been stellar. We do see that there were conversations with our support team regarding your account and that they fulfilled your request to cancel. We greatly appreciate your time spent with us and hope we can be an option for you again in the future.

Replied 30/03/2020
Robyn M. Robyn M.

Reviewed on 03/10/2016

Prosperworks CRM

There was confusion from the beginning as to who my main point of contact was to get started. I had an initial person, then interacted with two others. None were able to assist with questions about merging my domain name email with my gmail account. The CRM software specifically caters to gmail users. That was fine as I had set up my domain name email to send/receive via my gmail account. None of the support persons were able to advise or confirm if Prosperworks would still work with my domain email via gmail. I was instructed by one of them that I would need to also subscribe to the paid Google for Business service. From the onset I was asked and confirmed I was only interested in the level. As I'm a new agent in Real Estate, and I would be the sole user, I did not need, nor could afford the bells and whistles. One of the key selling points was the ability to track and see when my emails were opened. At no point in my various conversations with 3 different consultants was I told that this feature was only available at the price point. It was only after I had installed the software and inquired about the missing feature that I was told I wasn't eligible. Also, the ongoing question about the integration of my domain name email address was never satisfied. After playing around with the app, importing contacts and setting up both my gmail and domain name email in the app during the free trial period, I discovered that I would need to pay for an additional account for the "second email" even though it was me the same person. My take-away was that I would need to pay for each additional subscriber. When compared to others like Hub Spot, this is simply a bad deal. At no point during the onboarding process was this explained until I was ready to confirm payment/my own personal email issues. I was told a supervisor who would be more knowledgable would be in touch. It was around a week later I heard from a supervisor. By then I had moved on. I informed her that I had discovered HubSpot and would be using that as my CRM moving forward. HubSpot is free and also comes with the feature to track opened emails. The supervisor told me that HubSpot was NOT a CRM. It is. So, in the end I would not recommend Prosperworks. It seems this app is too new and the support team is lacking in knowledge. At the basic level of it's not worth it when compared to others that offer the majority of the same features for free.

Pros

useful if you use gmail exclusively.

Cons

lack of knowledgable support team.
too expensive when compared to other CRMs

Mark B. Mark B.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 12/08/2021

Never lose a customer again

As above I have good communication with my customers and the satisfaction of knowing no one slipped by and got lost in the system.

Pros

The best thing about the copper CRM is the fact that nothing slips by when it is used as intended.
Automation is fantastic and totally easy to setup and/or change, processes become easy and customers are happier as automatic prompts that you setup yourself become invaluable tools for customer service.

Cons

Initially was very slow but now no problem