Checkr Reviews

About Checkr

Checkr is an AI-powered staffing and background screening solution. This solution enables employers to perform background checks, while reducing complexity, mitigating risks, and increasing productivity within the hiring process....

4.7

Browse Checkr Reviews

Richard
Richard
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 08/02/2022

Great service with simple API setup

The easy-to-use API and webhooks enable our organization to process hundreds of background checks automatically. We would not be able to run at the scale we are without this ability.

Pros

Being able to configure webhooks directly in the dashboard makes it a snap to connect Checkr to external Applicant Tracking Systems. This makes implementation possible even in low- or no-code organizations.

Cons

Some of the reports and background check results can be difficult to interpret. Thankfully customer service walked us through all of it.

Liz
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 07/02/2022

Great choice for Planning Center integration

Pros

We use this as an integration with Planning Center to background check our many volunteers. It is quick and easy to use. I like that it provides an estimate of when the background check will be completed, allows you to cancel the invitation, and provides tags to filter the information for easy budget tracking.

Cons

The thing I wish they would change most is remove lines that contain cancelled invitations. It is a waste of space. I would also like to see the tags as a column on the Candidates page.

• Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 28/03/2024

Misleading product descriptions

The product descriptions say that the background checks are sufficient for school district employees and teachers. However they do not provide the required fingerprinting level check for these position. So I wasted money that they will not refund on BG checks that don't actually meet the minimum standard for the industry. The customer service was no help and displayed no interest in resolving my issues.

Pros

I liked the integration with Gusto and the ease of use

Cons

Terrible customer service, bad product descriptions, and inadequate level of background checking

Top Checkr Alternatives

Isabel
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Great product!!

It's been great. We get results quickly. I love getting notifications during the process

Pros

Easy to use and integrate to our HRIS. We get results and updates quickly.

Cons

I like everything about it, I haven't had any bad experiences using it.

Jeri
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Review for Checkr

I love it and I want to always be using it whenever I have to run a background check.

Pros

The big thing is that Checkr integrates with Greenhouse. It makes running and keeping track of these checks easy without having to hop into another system for tracking.

Cons

I can't think of anything, everything is super great and support has been helpful.

GoodHire

Reasons for Switching to Checkr

We took suggestions from our staff and they had really great things to say about Checkr. I've also worked at other companies before and Checkr is hands down the easiest and quickest to fill out. HireRite and GoodHire asked for info that I wouldn't have because a past company has either closed or have had several rounds of layoffs.
Christine

Easy to Use

My overall experience has been great from ease of use to the customer service when I have had a question.

Pros

I love that we can use Checkr through our ATS, Greenhouse.

Cons

I have no complaints so far about using this service.

Marielle Francine
Marielle Francine
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 30/08/2022

Even their Customer Success leadership team don’t care

Trying to implement CC-MVR for more than half a year now and still not done. We’ve been through 3 different customer success managers, all seem to be disappearing whenever you’d follow up on something they said they would do. I reached out to senior level leaders multiple times and was promised help, but I have never felt as helpless with any other vendor I’ve worked with in the past as I am with Checkr. I went through the correct channels but nothing gets resolved. RUN AWAY AND GO WITH ANOTHER BACKGROUND CHECK SERVICE PROVIDER.

Pros

Fountain and Lever integration
User friendly consent form

Cons

Their Customer Success team is the worst I have ever encountered in my career.

Dilraj
Dilraj
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 23/02/2020

Great software for conducting background checks

Overall, its an awesome platform to integrate with your system for performing the hard manual work of doing background checks online.

Pros

Checkr provides a list of properly documented APIs which can be easily integrated with your system for performing background checks. The results shared by the APIs can then be used for making a decision on the candidate based on the background checks

Cons

Not much wrong about this software. It integrated nicely with your systems and for any issues which arise in integration, the customer can help you out for resolving those.

Rahul
Rahul

Reviewed on 26/10/2018

Wonderful to do background verification hassle free

Awesome experience. No paper work, any time results, more to digitialization, no need to store verification forms physically for future use prospective.

Pros

With this amazing software, can do background verification online. Saves time and more accurate. Just need to fill some basic information and required information is just a click away.

Cons

This is a new concept however not so popular. Need marketing of this.

Shaun
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 25/09/2023

Checkr does exactly what we need!

Overall our experience with Checkr has been wonderful!

Pros

Checkr integrates directly with our ChMS platform, Plans Center. Setting up our account was simple and the processing of BG Checks is quick and efficient.

Cons

We have not experienced any cons to using Checkr up to this point!

Leslie
  • Industry: Hospitality

Will continue to use Checkr

Overall experience is good. On the Customer service side, Checkr can learn from Shield Screening-- Shield Screening out performs on the CS side

Pros

Ease of use and interface with HRIS. Generally the turnaround time is quick!

Cons

Wish there was a Customer Service rep that can be reached on the phone is very helpful for to 1 off situations.

Angela

Reviewed on 27/01/2022

Background checks made easy!

It's been great overall! Definitely easier to use than other companies we've worked with in the past and the system keeps track of when re-checks are needed, which is super helpful and much more clear to us to keep us on track! Billing is straightforward and easy to change if needed. We're on autopay so it's easy peasy each month!

Pros

We switched from a different company last year and started using Checkr. It works SO much easier with our current organization software (Church Community Builder). From setting up an account, to adding users, to requesting background checks and tracking in the CCB system, it's super easy. Background checks are usually super quick to get results from. And the cost is a little cheaper than the company we used before!

Cons

We don't necessarily know all of the features that are available to us. Cost breakdown wasn't easy to find on the account website. Sometimes it's hard to find answers on the help section for what we're looking for. We just usually need general background checks for our volunteers and also employees and that's really it. I see there's more features in Checkr that we need to probably research and make sure we're utilizing things to our fullest so we will do that! For the basic needs we have, Checkr has been easy to use and the customer service is quick to respond and help when we have questions.

Dina
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 04/02/2022

Great Value for your money

Excellent customer service and they provide a lot of additional things, like free webinars, legal updates and the billing process is super easy.

Pros

It is one of the easiest background check products I have ever used. The have a great widescreen service that is extremely inexpensive, then if something is found it then goes into the pricer more drilled down options. Definitely provides the confidence that I am getting everything I need!

Cons

I don't like if you make an error on something like the email or the candidate changes their mind, you don't have the ability to completely delete request. I personally don't like looking at uncompleted requests knowing that backed out of the position. I would prefer to delete it completely!

Heather

Easily Integrated

We run many background checks each month on volunteers looking to work with children and vulnerable populations. I have great confidence in Checkr's ability to get me a quick report and link the information to profiles on our database.

Pros

The best feature was the ability to integrate this into our church's database software, Planning Center Online. We were easily able to set-up accounts, connect the two, and manage who is able to view the background checks from a platform we use regularly.

Cons

The only thing I haven't liked is that the branding/website seems outdated.

Raleigh

Excellent Background Check Service

Overall, a good experience. Competitive pricing and responsive customer service. Would recommend to another company running that needs employment screening background checks.

Pros

Checkr integrates with our ATS and sends background checks to applicants via email and phone. The information requested is quick and easy for an applicant to input, and background checks are fast and accurate.

Cons

Occasionally, some background checks will take an exceptionally long time. While it is not directly in Checkr's control how fast a county court responds to an information request, it would be nice to receive BC status updates or a "we resubmitted the request" email, something to note that this background check request hasn't been lost.

Cassondra

Checkr Fast and Easy

My overall experience with Checkr has been very good. I have never had to contact customer service because I can always check status in the portal, which is rarely needed due to speed of results.

Pros

We use Checkr for our US background checks and love how easy it is to use with ATS integration and speed of results.

Cons

We can't use Checkr for our Canadian employees

HireRight

The integration with Paylocity
Tyrone
  • Industry: Machinery

Checkr Services

The services are worth the fees paid.

Pros

I like the ease of use of Checkr. The services are so simple and easy to use..

Cons

My only con is getting in touch with a live person.

Sterling

Services and Price
Sharon
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Quick and Easy

So far it been very user friendly. No problems.

Pros

Our candidates don't require any assistant to submit their background test. I am notified immediately when the report is available and it easy to read.

Cons

I haven't really found any thing negative about the product.

Dave
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 02/02/2022

Checkr Review

Checkr helps us on hiring and rehiring drivers. Background check is important in our line of work.

Pros

The information is easy to understand and accurate.

Cons

There should be an option to cancel a background check that is done on the same day.

Marc Joseph
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 11/09/2022

Is it a Check?

8/10

Pros

I love how all background check's that they're providing are all accurate.

Cons

Some of the background check takes more than the estimated timeframe which is really frustrating.

Emily

Reviewed on 28/01/2022

Great value!

Pros

I love that it integrates with our HRIS so that I may order reports from my Paylocity portal once I hire and individual.

Cons

It may get a bit confusing if an initiation went through sometimes but it always gets settled.

Siyabonga
  • Industry: Internet

Daily Use Of Checkr

Pros

What I like about Checkr is the ease of use and the deep level of the background checks we order.

Cons

Vagueness of background check status/legal status.

Roxanne
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Reviewed on 30/01/2022

Review Sourcing

History details of driver's.

Pros

Background checking of all the details and liable sourcing.

Cons

All was good details was complete and very helpful for us.

Julio
  • Industry: Internet

Highly Recommend

Pros

I like the quick results and accuracy of the background checks.

Cons

It can be hard to contact a customer service rep quickly if needed

Aaron
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 01/02/2022

Great product to use in our industry

Background checks, who is a qualified employee

Pros

Quickness of response, clear, user friendly

Cons

From my use, every thing checks out great.