AvidXchange Reviews

About AvidXchange

AvidXchange offers accounts payable software solutions and dedicated service teams that help automate your AP and payment process, replacing manual AP with a digital application suite that provides you with 24/7 on-demand, remote...

4.1

Browse AvidXchange Reviews

Reviewed on 13/09/2021

User friendly Accounts Payable Software that increases effiency

Overall, I really love AvidXchange and would definitely recommend it to different companies.

Pros

Really saved our company time by switching billing to electronic invoicing system.

Cons

AvidPay could take a long time, and unable to include both account number and invoice number on payment. The timing it takes to convert from VCC (Virtual Card) to Check could take up to 3 weeks which leads to late bills.

Jan-Pierre

Much Needed Platform!

Pros

I believe the user-friendliness and the weigh lifting it does on our Accounting department is what I most like about AvidXchange. It is easy to use and easy to navigate through the site. Also, the Avid Utilities feature is definitely a must have, that way you don't have to worry about getting late fees on your utility bills.

Cons

I don't have any cons at this moment. I believe in continuous improvement and finding new and better ways to make the product more valuable. I believe AvidXchange is doing a good job so far. One item that would be good to add is to provide more training support and to have a more broad communication to the people who have access, especially when the system is encountering technical issues.

Jeffrey

Reviewed on 10/05/2022

Customer service is non-existent.

Pretty good but frustrating at times. If I were asked to keep Avid or switch to another company to outsource payments, I would probably advise that we should switch. We are relatively happy with Avid but could be happier elsewhere. I have used similar services from other companies in my career and Avid is not what I would consider "top tier".

Pros

I really like the ease in which payments can be made. The integration with NetSuite (which we use as well) is near perfect. We have everything we need to send our payment information to AVID and have the process begin. The avidxchange.com interface is also very easy to use and it is awesome that we get up to date status on each payment.

Cons

The customer service. I don't have an assigned contact for my team any longer so the only way to speak with someone is to send in an email and hope they get back to you. I need answers right away on issues involving payments and do not get this very often from AvidXchange. When we do get someone to help, they are usually very knowledgeable and end up solving our problems but the issue is getting someone to help. I feel it is an issue with the staffing level and not the actual customer service employees. Also, my team is CONSTANTLY having to send over copies of invoices because the companies don't recognize the payment being offered by Avid, even though the invoice number is listed on your remittance. The ability to not include any enclosures (tax forms, signed contracts, etc.) also hampers our usage of the product; we still have to run some checks manually and if we are doing so, why not just run ALL of our payments this way?

Top AvidXchange Alternatives

Briana

AvidXchange Review

Pros

Vendors no longer have to provide you with paper copies of invoices that get sent in, the vendors can send their own invoices in and they can be approved through the dashboard. AvidXchange allows our company to process payments easily and conveniently.

Cons

I do not really have any complaints about AvidXchange. I think that there could be improvements on the Dashboard, but not a complaint.

Ariela

Reviewed on 05/03/2024

I'm not a "tech" person and don't particularly like learning new programs and products. However, Avid was easy to learn and use. It is easy to search and find invoices, process them, keep track of payments. You can make comments, add extra files etc. It does everything we need it to do.

Pros

Easy to learn and use. I was brought on part-time to help the team and was able to learn the program within very little assistance. Everything is self-explanatory and easy to use.

Cons

I process invoices and have not found anything that I do not like about the program.

Jason

Reviewed on 26/02/2024

not recommended in its current format and capacity.

cold be a great program if it was used to its full potential and implemented properly and managed effectively.

Pros

ease of access to verify billing

Cons

poorly managed

• Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Reviewed on 17/05/2019

An Efficient Invoicing Tool

Avid has been a solid tool for my company to make purchase orders and pay invoices.

Pros

It's relatively easy to use and I really like the comment feature that allows you to easily communicate with the next approvers in the workflow. This communication feature is especially helpful when you are working with people in other offices. The Avid processors are efficient at extracting data from invoices when they are sent in which saves data entry time.

Cons

Setup and implementation took longer than we would have liked and I personally don't like the interface that much. In addition I've experienced many times when the file was too large (above 5 MB?) for Avid to upload which was frustrating because expense reports often are large files.

Dana

Reviewed on 26/02/2024

Easy to use but wish I had more access

Pros

The platform is easy to use and navigate. It isn't hard to search for what you need.

The process of entering AP is easy.

Cons

I don't like that I have to email AP to be entered. I would prefer to be able to upload it myself and have it readily available. Or, at least have the option to upload AP directly to Avid when it is urgent.

I don't have as much access in Avid as I do other AP platforms and it can be frustrating when I have to change something on an invoice. For example, if the amount was entered incorrectly, I have to comment to have someone change it, instead of being able to change it myself at that moment.

Natasha
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Ease of Avid use

Pros

The ability to set up workflows for other departments to manage their invoices, attach any receipts that need to be attached. If it is a invoice that is accruing, having the project codes already input saves time.

Cons

When entering a new supplier, we first need to enter into another tool, Blackbaud to create user, then recreate again in avid. Would be helpful to have the partnership between the two.

Dale
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Full Featured Software

Pros

Tracks everything in one place. Need a receipt? It's there. Wondering how much staff spent on travel? Its there. Did you pay that invoice? Find out.

Cons

Like any new system, it takes a little while to get over the learning curve.

Catherine
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Reviewed on 31/08/2021

AvidXchange

I have been very happy with the product. It provides the options that we were looking for when considering purchase. We only utilize the purchasing, reports, and PO function. When choosing a product we were looking for something that could integrate with Microsoft GP. We did customize a number of things to fit our business and everyone at AvidXchange were great while working thru the process.

Pros

AvidXchange has helped streamline our invoice processing; to eliminate paper, and approval routing time. It provides the approving team access to see where it is in the approval/payment process and see payment information. By providing this information at their fingertips it saves us from receiving emails/phone calls looking for basic information. Overall the departments that use the system are very happy with having access to their invoices in one place.

Cons

The reporting system is cumbersome. I would like a report that would let me customize the detail I am looking for.

Shahla

Reviewed on 05/12/2023

AvidXchange review

Pros

very user friendly and accurate accounting software for processing invoices-

Greg

Reviewed on 16/02/2023

Improve Efficiency

Very positive. Extremely satisfied with the implementation

Pros

Gives our clients full transparency of the invoice approval process.

Cons

Difficult to customize. Wish we had more input for improvements.

Nexus
Amy

Reviewed on 17/09/2021

Seamless approvals and time saving

Pros

AvidSuite is so easy to use and makes work more flexible. We are able to work on our payables from anywhere. The approval process is seamless and the memorization of accounts to properties makes this process much faster than what we were doing before AvidXchange.

Cons

The reports are not user friendly. It is extremely difficult to find the report that I want, unless someone from Customer Care assists me. Would be better if this were more user friendly.

Al

Reviewed on 28/04/2022

Great Product. Great Choice

Extremely easy implementation and great customer service. The team will listen to any issues or needs we have and get them implemented as quickly as possible. I enjoy the teams we work with.
Payments out to vendors have been expedited 5 fold and payments are easily able to be tracked in a multi-step internal process.

Pros

The eas of use and and turn around time for processing invoices and payments.

Cons

There are still some reporting features that are missing as well as the visibility in the accounting aspect is lacking.

Carolmarie

Review of Avid xchange

Easy to use, but poor customer support. Cannot call anyone; only accept e-mail and response time is poor....several days later impacting timing of month ends, payments to vendors, etc. late fees incurred, etc.

Pros

It is easy to use once the invoices make it to your que

Cons

Experience has been poor customer support. Often invoices scanned to avid are sent to "research" for no reason other than person was too lazy to figure it out.

Kevin
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 09/06/2022

Comments

Pros

Time savings of opening mail and eliminating the USPS from the equation. We also like the auto tracking of invoices, where they came from and who has reviewed makes conversations easier.

Cons

during the upload process when errors occur there is not always a good explanation of the error and we are looking for a needle in the hay stack especially when large batches are completed.

• Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Reviewed on 08/09/2021

My Thoughts on Avid

Good

Pros

Easy to process invoices, and it is a well know software. Avid Community is a huge plus since it has been implemented.

Cons

Sometimes it can take a while to get a response when a ticket is put into Avid.
In General Avid Utility is really difficult to use and can be very slow in the afternoon and evening.

Candace
  • Industry: Government Administration

Reviewed on 02/10/2023

AvidXchange is a great handholder for advancement

Our experience with AX is that they sell what you buy--meaning--no false promises and a great deal of kindness, functionality and grace with the transfer to a new system.

Pros

The feature that is most impactful for me is their onboarding process. They meet with you each week to make sure the issues coming up are not only solved, but explained so that you have ownership of the operations. Their patience with those less technically inclined is fantastic.Although the software interface is very busy, all things seem to be labeled very logically and you can "poke" around to find things and not create issues.

Cons

There was not a way to tie "class" from Quickbooks to AX which was tough for us, because of being a semi-governmental organization, we have to track expenditures in a very detailed way.

Cameron

Reviewed on 16/09/2021

Growing Commercial Real Estate Company

Benefits we are realizing include an orderly electronic invoice flow with solid approval processes. Avidpay reduces time and expense be eliminating check printing and envelope stuffing.

Pros

This product scales, as must have feature in a growth business.

Cons

It is difficult to administer. The back end desperately needs a user interface update.

Jeff

Reviewed on 17/09/2021

Avidexchange functionality

Simple and efficient way to process invoice payment

Pros

Easy way to approve invoices electronically.
Easy to communicate with other users of software.
Avidpay witthout checks being issued

Cons

Nothing. The software meets all my requirements of an approver of tenant invoices

Foster

Avid Review

Avid is great, but sometimes it freezes up a lot.

Pros

It helps us be more organized. It also helps us create bill backs.

Cons

When you email an invoice it doesn't always upload.

• Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 10/05/2022

Avidxchange review

Pros

The ability to make payments in today's remote world.

Cons

The virtual credit card payment feature can be confusing and lead to unanticipated fees on the vendor's side.

• Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 08/01/2019

Our search for AP Automation was quickly over when we found AvidXchange!

We were left in a situation where our AP employee left the company and we had a decision to make. Do we hire someone new and hope they understand the process and train them to take this over? Or do we automate this process? For us and a company our size it made sense to automate the system as much as possible. Especially considering how cheap it is with AvidXchange per payment and the "by invoice volume" pricing they have.

Pros

The ability to control every condition, trigger, and step of workflow automation was a huge plus for us. Also knowing that AvidXchange was responsible for the payment to our customers based on automation helped us ease into the fact that we no longer have someone in-house doing this for us. Our AP process completely changed but it was certainly for the better!

Cons

AvidXchange coulnd't connect via API or 3rd party integration to our ERP system but we quickly worked around that and the solution in place is fantastic

Danielle

Reviewed on 19/12/2018

Avid Xchange

So easy to use; love being able to send comments through invoices and everything is well documented - great for audits

Pros

Covers all bases and completely paperless

Cons

No cons at all as long as you are using a supported browser