About EngageBay

EngageBay is an integrated marketing, sales, support and CRM solution designed to help small to midsize enterprises acquire, engage and convert website visitors into customers. The cloud-based platform lets businesses use...

4.8
4.8

Browse EngageBay Reviews

Edo M.
  • Industry: Building Materials

Reviewed on 23/06/2022

Near perfect combination of CRM and Email marketing tools

An interesting and good solution for our needs. The user interface is clear and easy to understand and use. workflow is easy to understand and follow.

Pros

It's much simpler when You have a good defined and flexible CRM with an Email marketing tool as one service. CRM is especially good and informative, designed mostly for returning clients.

Cons

Email builder should be better. The campaign dashboard is good but can be improved. Technical support is too pushy and offers things and options that are not needed.

Moosend

Reasons for Switching to EngageBay

Moosend has several good options but they started to make some changes and increase prices.
April W.

Reviewed on 03/05/2022

Brilliant all-in-one package

Connected sales and marketing platform has resolved manual intensive activity scheduling. No need to import a new list each month into a separate email marketing platform. Being able to have contacts in multiple list and sophisticated tagging is brilliant. The guys at EB are really helpful with speedy responses, providing video and screengrabs to help. The best experience i had was when i recommended that there should be a report on the dashboard for forms, a couple of weeks later i had an email from EB letting me know that they'd developed the report and added this to the dashboard - couldn't ask for a better service.

Pros

A complete package for connected sales and marketing and data and reporting in one place. Previously had a separate CRM system from email marketing platform and as such no integration and ability to see what marketing had gone out to what contact and their response to that, all activities and follow ups were all manually scheduled this has been resolved with EB. Customer service and support is fast and efficient too.

Cons

Had an issue at first setting up the smtp integration with the correct configuration as we wanted to send mailers using our own email servers, took some backward and forwards between technical teams but was resolved in the end. Being able to email from multiple email addresses is great but I also would love it if we could have multiple email signatures attached to a single user too.

HubSpot Marketing Hub, ActiveCampaign and Keap

Reasons for Switching to EngageBay

it offered all of the functionality at an affordable price. The only one that would've done everything EB does was hubspot however because we had multiple domains for each of our product this meant hubspot required us to pay for x 2 marketing and sales hubs which wasn't the way we wanted to use the platform nor within our budget.
Spencer F.
  • Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Reviewed on 16/06/2022

Engagebay

Pros

The customer service is spot on. If you need help, you send a message in the chat and they get back very quickly, with the answers to your problem. If they don´t have the information or they don´t have something that you are looking for they are straightfoward and let you know.

Cons

I wish there were better ways to track touches to prospects. You can make tags and filters, but there´s no ¨pretty & organized¨ platform in the software that allows you to keep track and view what you have done or need to do (followups) etc.

Top EngageBay Alternatives

Jasmine D.

Reviewed on 28/04/2022

engagebay erview GYM and HEALTH

so far my experience with engagebay has been excellent.

Pros

it is very close to what I am used to, the support has been incredibly helpful. It was super easy to set up pretty much plug and play and you are away. I am only 2 weeks into using this app but so far I'm really happy with it.

Cons

The text messaging in automation has been problematic during the set up phase but the support has been excellent and have helped me with it. Hopefully in the future once I get used to using the platform i can set up the automations with the messages working straight away.

Ritam B.
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Reviewed on 25/05/2022

Very Apt for Mid Size Companies

I use not one but 3 accounts of engagebay for 3 different business purposes and maintain over 300K of my contacts there. Imagine how good it would be!

Pros

I love that Engagebay is a very intuitive UI and simple to use even for beginners. It has all the features that a mid size business or a startup will require. The chat support is the cherry on the cake.

Cons

The pricing could have been better. After a certain contacts, the pricing becomes too costly.

Mark F.
  • Industry: Sports

Reviewed on 15/06/2022

Why we settled on Engagebay

Its been great . We tried several CRM's before but Engagebay wins for us.

Pros

Powerful, yet doesnt break the bank. It is effectively very similar to Hubspot but way cheaper.

Cons

User Interface could be more intuitive, but once you get the hang of it its great

Bill R.

Reviewed on 21/06/2022

Great Value, Great Features

Answer questions VERY promptly. Good customer service overall.

Pros

Pretty much does everything we would use HubSpot for at our current stage. Powerful and easy to use.

Cons

Not enough documentation. While customer online chat is very responsive, some things would just be easier to deal if there were a knowledge base, particularly if there are multiple users involved.

Response from EngageBay

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your review. Just wanted to let you know that we do have a knowledge base which has articles explaining all the features we offer. Here is the link: https://our.eb-help.com/help

Please reach out to our support through chat or email for any further assistance.

Replied 23/06/2022
Shabir M.

Reviewed on 02/06/2022

Great CRM for small NGO!

Very comprehensive. They refer to Hubspot before I realised Hubspot does the same things.

Pros

Its a great system to help a small NGO like hours make a huge impact. Many ask me "How do you manage to communicate so much and so well" And I am not even using most of the software.

Cons

Just too much to use! Need time to learn and use them. The videos are great but need to be updated.

Simonne S.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Reviewed on 24/05/2022

Fantastic Value for Money & Incredible Service

I am blown away by the customer service and willingness to assist. I feel like I am being treated like a VIP customer that is paying 10 x more than what I am.

Pros

I find the software so easy to use and when I can't work something out their live support is fast & efficient. They are so eager to help. It's refreshing.

Cons

I haven't used the software long enough to make suggestions about what could be added or changed.

Reasons for Choosing EngageBay

I switched because of features vs price as well as customer support.

Reviewed on 26/05/2022

A Great All Rounder

Great Service - 2nd to none

Pros

Price, Multi Functionality, Automations,

Cons

User Based Pricing, Set Up, Complexities (but not their fault - all multi-tools like Hubspot, ClickMovements, Engagebay have lots under the hood)

Parminder S.

Reviewed on 11/02/2022

We are able to manage our customers and prospects well. With automations and workflows we are able to set up drip campaign which keep lead warmer and help in conversions.
Email handling is very good, we are able to do email campaigns
We are also using ticketing tool for customer support.
Chat widget is good and used in our multiple sites.
Loved pop up and messages displayed on my different sites , intelligent control through engage bay. If two step pop up capturing phone number with country code and email is given would really solve our business problem and improve our whatsapp integration

Pros

Found a very good customer support. My couple of issues were resolved realy fast appreciate same.
Easy to use tool, workflows and automations are easy to set up and very useful

Cons

Additional email purchase is very very expensive. Would love this tool and blindly recommend to all of my community if additional email purchase can be reduced.
One additional functionality which can be very useful for business can be scheduling a batch job to run workflow or automation on specific date and time or with specific frequency like daily or weekly.
In forms phone number field need to be improved - country code should be captured correctly associated with main phone number

ConvertKit and ClickFunnels

Reasons for Choosing EngageBay

More functions and features - single crm tool with most features

Jira

Reasons for Switching to EngageBay

Click funnels is very expensive - but landing pages are awesome will switch to click funnel for landing pages once I have budget Convertkit is very good for email marketing - but engagebay offers full crm solution which both product does not have. Engage bay email functionality is very expensive so will look for integration with convertkit in near future.
Sian M.
  • Industry: Online Media

Reviewed on 08/10/2020

Sophisticated Software

We run a number of businesses and use Engagebay for some of our clients. If you need to sort contacts, pick them out based on certain factors and send individual or broadcast emails and/or put them through a pipeline, this is for you. You know you need Engagebay when you're trying to organise your contacts by tags and have so many you're going mad.

Pros

How you can really drill down into sorting contacts. It's almost like have a spreadsheet to organise different contacts. We use it for sending individual booking emails alongside broadcast emails. We searched for ages for software that could combine a sophisticated CRM/contact management system alongside email and newsletters - this is the best on the market. The other thing we love is the customer response - there's a chat service and usually someone is on there within minutes of a request and they stick with you until it's fixed. Best on the market - and certainly at this price.

Cons

The training manuals could be improved - that said, they are always happy and prompt to help - but some of my queries could are general and could have been covered in a manual/video.

HubSpot CRM

Lack of features

Sendinblue

Reasons for Switching to EngageBay

Features mainly and then support - they answered questions promptly. I also tried other products before I arrived at Engagebay but although they initially said they could do what I needed, after weeks of frustrating try outs - they didn't - and the support hadn't really listened to what I'd said I needed - Engagebay listened to what I actually needed before I got started and it did what they said.

Response from EngageBay

Thanks for the review Sian.

Replied 16/10/2020
Cameron N.

Reviewed on 06/10/2020

Feature-rich without breaking the bank

We love EngageBay and highly recommend it to our clients who want/need a full featured platform that will work across multiple departments, automate regular tasks, and that don't want to pay the high-price and add-on that you have to with many other tools. EngageBay's support team is AMAZING!! Anytime I have a question about something, they are quick to respond, very helpful and knowlegable, just a breath of fresh air to know that I can get a hold of someone when we have issues (which isn't that often, but when we do they are there!).

Pros

It is amazing to me how feature-rich the platform is at the cost. More features and functionality than some of the 'big guys' for a fraction of the cost. It is easy to use and train clients on the system, so that is ALWAYS a huge plus for us.

Cons

Learning curve at first just to understand how it works differently from other systems, but that is not necessarily a con of EngageBay because that is the same for every new platform as each has their own little intricacies.

Response from EngageBay

Thanks for the great review Cameron. Your words are super encouraging.

We will continue to build great features to help small businesses grow their businesses without breaking the bank on expensive bloated software.

Replied 13/10/2020
Pierpaolo V.

Reviewed on 20/02/2020

I've tried it, but now it's our official automation platform...

I have tried other platforms, also spending a lot of money on assestment (hubspot, sharpspring, active campaign, etc...).

Some of them have too high prices, others don't seem to listen to the request for new features, still others the support is slow to respond.

In all the cases I tried something was missing: for EngageBay nothing is missing and the costs are very affordable (it also includes a free version to let my customers try the product).

Pros

Quick and easy to use. All very easy.
It has everything we need (integration, mail automation, sales automation, lead generation, Android and Ios apps, support ticket e chat for visitors, etc...).

Cons

It is not possible to program post social (at the moment you can only monitor your profiles, although technical support has assured me that it is in their roadmap).

Maybe the pricing model needs to be improved by including web analytics per user in the basic version and offering a monthly block of "no branded" emails.

Response from EngageBay

Thanks for the review and feedback Pierpaolo Villano.

Replied 24/02/2020
Marcello M.

Reviewed on 11/11/2020

A Magic wand

I am very satisfied with EngageBay, I see my company as advanced user of EB, when we got stuck with something, they are always ready to listen and enhance the tool to achieve the desided feature and make the tool even better!

Pros

Easy of use, easy of implement, easy of integrate!

Cons

Webinar features, landing pages does not support reusable headers and footers, no option to build own templates.
Missing Social Software Analytics

Zoho CRM, Pipedrive, Dynamics 365 and Salesforce Sales Cloud

Features, dashboards.

Reasons for Switching to EngageBay

Flexibility, pricing model, all in one, Sales, Marketing and Support... no need to have lots of tools.

Response from EngageBay

Thanks for the review Marcello.

Our landing pages can now support reusable headers and footers. We have developed this feature and it is currently in QA and should go live in a couple of days.

We already have the feature to build new landing templates from scratch. You can also code your own ones too. Please check it out and we would glad to help if needed.

Replied 12/11/2020
Kamran R.

Reviewed on 20/10/2021

Its really an alternative to HubSpot and Agile CR<

It has been a great experience and i onboarding is super easy.

Pros

Well I tried several CRMs which include ZOHO CRM PLUS, AGILE ENTERPRISE, and Hubspot for a while.

Most CRMs have same functionalities but when it comes to pricing its way different. Engagebay has everything which Agile, ZOHO, Hubspot has but at a fraction of the cost.

When you are running a digital business you probably have thousand of leads or contacts who you want to nurture and with limited contacts you cant do miracles. Engagebay has give me unlimited storage of contacts and i can send 50,000 emails a month without connecting any other email app like sendgrid or mailchimp. Other thing is support, their 24 hours support is awesome and team is also cooperative as well. Therefore, you should try this since it has everything which a high end CRM has but at fraction of the cost.

I would highly recommend EngageBay to use.

Hans E.
  • Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Reviewed on 27/12/2021

Our number-one-choice of CRM-systems

Engagebay is incredibly user friendly and offers an incredible amount of functions, with all of them having been implemented very well.
While other CRMs only offer sales functions for a high price, without further marketing campaign management, Engagebay does all that for a low price.

Pros

- Smart and user-friendly interface
- Incredible functionality
- Highly cost effective
- Instant customer support
- Encompassing Marketing and Sales management, all in one
- Great storage capacity for contacts, images, etc.

Cons

Perhaps some optimization of contact management, other than that nothing really.

Pipedrive

Reasons for Switching to EngageBay

Better functionality, fair price, more capacity
Matthew M.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Reviewed on 20/10/2020

8 Month use Review

Software is overall nice some features are missing and some on the current ones are limited but overall its very easy to use and hope to see where the software goes to into the future

Pros

The software is nice to use some features are pretty self-explanatory, but there are some features that are missing maybe adding like a module based system where you are able to create and customize modules to your liking, which our previous CRM system was able to do wish there was a function like so.

Cons

Some features are missing, or are under development but the current ones available are fine for now but as the industry grows your CRM should be able to adapt otherwise it's not good

Response from EngageBay

Thanks for the review Matthew. We look forward to receiving all the customer feedback and making EngageBay the best marketing and sales software for growing companies.

Replied 21/10/2020
Bernadette M.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 23/09/2021

Excellent Customer Service, Mostly Easy to Use

Pros

It offers lots of features that a small but growing business can access. The support team are incredibly helpful (and quick to respond) if you ever have trouble figuring something out. There are also plenty of free resources such as articles and videos.

Cons

Yes, there are some features such as the ability to view what list(s) a contact belongs to from their profile in the marketing hub, and the ability to forward tickets to other emails in the service hub. Some tasks require work-arounds to accomplish. The support team gladly take suggestions for improvements though, and the program is always improving.

HubSpot Marketing Hub

Reasons for Choosing EngageBay

Salesforce wasn't offering enough with their basic membership. EngageBay offers service, marketing and sales capabilities at a fraction of the cost. EngageBay is much more user-friendly and intuitive.

Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Switching to EngageBay

More affordable for small business
Hafizah S.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 10/08/2021

Everything under one roof

Pros

EngageBay cover all of any business needs, from task managing to customer support platform. I mainly use it to collaborate on task and project. It comes with good communication hub that let us to have a quick and swift connection between us to discuss on the task and project.

Cons

As this software is packed full with features, it can be quite confusing to use it for the first time, and to choose the correct tool that i need to running the project objective that i has planned. The manual guide is not too detail and not very helpful for me.

Angus B.

Reviewed on 26/08/2021

A great priced and featured all in one CRM. We moved from Hupspot to EngageBay and love it.

Overall experience is fantastic.
We have not even started the marketing side yet so we are looking forward to that.
If you want an affordable CRM that does just about everything you need at a price that is actually affordable then EngageBay is a great choice.

Pros

It is fast and simple to use.
We live in deals and task most of the time and it gives you all you need.
Support is amazing. I have even made product change suggestions and some were implemented in a few days. That is amazing.

Cons

We wish we could easily change the sort order of the deals when in tablet mode to the order we want (custom order). Sometime we want to just call a selected few clients in a day and it would be nice to just show them or put them at the top of the list. A small con but still a con.

Saurabh M.

Reviewed on 20/01/2022

Outstanding Marketing Automation Platform

Overall, I will recommend Engagebay to all my colleagues in the marketing world. Simply outstanding tool. Its truly all in one marketing tool

Pros

I love the marketing automation, landing pages, email broadcast feature of the tool. Above all, I love the pricing of the tool. Early-stage startups like us who have no marketing budget, but still want to initiate marketing will love it.

Cons

List management needs improvement. But, I am confident that they will improve it for sure.

Reasons for Choosing EngageBay

Zoho Campaigns is not good (simply put - its bad marketing tool). So, we looked alternative and switched to Engagebay, which served our needs

Zoho Campaigns

Reasons for Switching to EngageBay

EngageBay is a cost-effective tool, simply put alternative to super expensive Hubspot
Na R.

Reviewed on 15/12/2021

We're pleased we made the change to EngageBay

Positive experience. We moved from using multiple platforms for email, sales etc to this one. It worked out a lot cheaper doing this, but also we're more streamlined working across the different teams.

Pros

It has a lot to offer, from using it to manage sales, to social scheduling to sending email campaigns and reporting. It is a one-stop-shop for all your needs. I can also see that they're constantly working to improve it and add more features which is fab.
Their customer service via the chat box is great too, you never have to wait for support, there is always someone on hand.

Cons

There are some aspects that I struggle with a little bit, such as not being able to check the personalization on an email campaign prior to sending it. The social scheduling side has been a little clunky for me too.

Brendan M.

Reviewed on 01/12/2021

Engagebay CRM

We are using Engagebay for our 3 account managers and 3 pre-sales people to collaborate and track deals. it has streamline the tracking of opportunities and given us a way to centralise documentation so that order processing can be tracked and made very efficient.

Pros

The ability to create custom fields that suit the unique approach of clients is excellent. The interface is intuitive and a number of sales people have commented that it is very easy to use and update deals. The support is excellent and fast. You get almost instant responses on chat. Also if you make a suggestion, they are quick to incorporate it if it has value.

Cons

Having more detailed documentation would definitely help. However the almost always available chat and quick responses goes a long way to offset this. I would like to see the ability to be able to standardise dashboards across all users centrally as opposed to having to create them on each users instance.

Leonie H.

Reviewed on 15/10/2021

Great Features for a Great Price Point

As a solopreneur, I am able to run a mid size business very cost effectively and efficiently while being able to keep up the contact and communication with clients and prospects.

Pros

I like that I can streamline and automate repetitive tasks and processes which saves time and effort. Love the integration with WordPress and the other apps that can be integrated. I use the CRM, Marketing Automation, Workflow Automation, Appointment/Calendar Management.

Cons

I believe the Landing Page builder is not of the quality that is required and needs some work, particularly around ease of use and responsive design. It works - but could be a lot better
I also think the same about the Newsletter design.
Would love to have a Quiz feature or more complex form capability.