About bob

Bob is the HR platform that simplifies people management and modernizes the work experience for every employee —driving engagement, culture, and productivity. Bob is configurable for the way you operate—onsite, remote, or hybrid...

4.1
4.7

Browse bob Reviews

Vilius

Reviewed on 05/11/2019

Great all-around people management software

Pros

bob team is extremely agile and receptive to feedback. New features are pushed frequently and we feel heard when talking to the client service.

Cons

Most definitely the application's speed. It's sluggish, and the login takes forever.

Zoho People, Namely, BambooHR, Sage HRMS, Workday HCM and Podio

Reasons for Switching to bob

bob seemed to have the best balance between customizability and provided/fixed frameworks of people management.
Elena
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 06/06/2018

I've chosen bob over another great product I was using in the past and haven't regretted!

ease of HR management, also our finance team benefits from easy holidays/absenses management, payroll reports and such.
I'm doing all admin in bob, from contracts to onboarding, org structure, salary changes etc

Pros

It's very easy to use - user friendly interface, intuitive navigation, you can find whatever you need in the matter of seconds even if it's your first experience with the platform
It's beautiful - our employees love it too
The support team is amazing - they not only resolve any issues quickly, but they also listen to suggestions and implement them within reasonable time. I love getting product updates as I know that there will be something I asked about.
The system features everything you'd want from a modern HRIS and even more - we love club feature and about section - it helps employees learn more about each other and find common interests.
There's some functions that I'd love to have but they are not yet there (such as pre-boarding or e-signature) but the guys are constantly working on them and I've seen that for example e-signature is coming within next few weeks.

Cons

If we are talking about bob as HRIS there's very few things that I don't like, or rather I would like to have and they are not yet there - prebording being one example.
I'd love performance module to be more sophisticated but the guys have just introduced it and I see that it gets updated constantly, which is great. also, it's not a separate platform for performance management so I wouldn't expect it have all the features that other platforms dedicted to performance only have.
There are other small things (such as I can't send a survey to 1 person only), but they are small compared to all the benefits and again, I know that sooner or later those will be resolved too.

Nevena

Reviewed on 28/07/2022

Very functional

It makes easy the onboarding of new employees, saves time.

Pros

I can say that Bob is a system that combines a lot of functionality and is easy to work with, user friendly and always adding new features.

Cons

The document preview needs to be improved, since it makes some documents unreadable if opened in it, they should be downloaded to read them.

Top bob Alternatives

Sara
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 10/02/2022

Looks pretty but not an effective HRIS

I inherited the system from my predecessor who was non HR. It looks pretty to the end user but on terms of functionality it is limited and feels totally detached from what HR professionals actually need

Pros

There are very few positives I can draw on

Cons

The software feels like it has been created in the absence of any HR feedback. Forms dont flow, modules arent effective (talent management for example is completely 2 dimensional and not aligned to any global talent frameworks), org planning is almost impossible.

Sebastian
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 05/05/2022

A great up and coming app

Pros

LOVE! It is a main staple on most tools to be integrated with, slack is easy but also other payroll, engagement and HR/Tech tools integrate seamlessly.

Love the UX, simple, colourful and engaging.

Customer service is great too! Keep doing what you're doing, bob :)

Cons

The pricing model for new features could be a bit more adaptable. We wanted to add timesheets just to a set number of employees but they wanted to charge us for the whole company!

Access People HR and BambooHR

Reasons for Switching to bob

Price and product offering!
Mats

Reviewed on 06/11/2019

Great product

Excellent implementation and easy to get the users engaged. Creates al ot of values for us.

Pros

Employee-data management with modern API´s and much functions connected to engagement and employeer branding.

The employee is in focus, not the admin department.

Cons

The product is still developing. It is a pro and a con at the same time. We missed some features in the beginning but new functions are built all the time.

Sympa

Reasons for Switching to bob

The focus on employee and the modern tech.
Gemma

Reviewed on 11/05/2018

bob is a really intuitive system to use and customer support is always fantastic

Pros

The aesthetic is fun and non-corporate. Users are encouraged to share their 'superpowers' which helps people to connect with others who have similar interests. The system is really easy to navigate and there are some useful integrations. The support team are always fast to respond to my questions and to tell me about new features, or what they are developing in the near future. You can enable/disable features to customise what you want to achieve with the system and what your current people priorities are.

Cons

There are some small additional features I'd like such as e-signatures, which I believe is coming soon. The support team are really responsive to feedback about features that would be useful.

• Industry: Market Research

Reviewed on 13/10/2021

Great HR platform!

Pros

Very easy to use which is a must-have when such tool needs to be used by every employee in a company. The Slack integration makes requesting (and approving) time-off very simple, just a few seconds and it's done. Bob API is also very well documented which is a big plus for my job!

Cons

Can't think of anything that I really dislike with bob! To be picky I could say that having to login in two steps (first entering the email and validating, and then entering the password and validating) is not the most user-friendly way to login and I'd be happy to only have one step for that part.

• Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 11/07/2018

the live chat team are amazing! so helpful and happy to work out a solution to any awkward...

having all personnel info for our global team in one easy to use place

Pros

How flexible it is, so many things are adaptable in the platform. Which is so useful for a company that have a high combination of full time, part time, perm, and contract staff.

Cons

how fiddly it is get something set up. But I totally understand why this is important to allow the wide flex the platform has.

Eran
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Reviewed on 21/06/2022

very important SW for every company

Pros

gives managers and emp a overview on your company, help manage emp time off

Cons

easy to work with, user friendly, support managers needs

Kate

Reviewed on 10/05/2018

Easy to use. Comprehensive. Great support. Feedback is acted on. Know you are valued as a...

Pros

Being able to feedback and see your feedback quickly acted on influencing the growth of the product. You feel valued and part of the journey. I am a 1 person HR/office team helping out a small finance team for a company of 50 and this software has saved me hours of time and stress. I am not even using it to its full potential yet due to finite time. It has also helped give power to employees where as an example they can see their annual leave so I don't have to keep spreadsheets and constantly update individuals. It is just their. Managers can see their teams, Org charts are great. adding photos so people can see who's who in a growing team and that is just the very tip of the iceberg that is bob. Fantastic.

Cons

The performance review section. I know when bob developed it they developed a product I was super excited about and holding out for. They, as any business would do, sought feedback and ended up releasing a much lighter touch performance review section based on the feedback. As a result I am going to use another platform which is more suited to my companies needs. However I am sure it will be a very suitable process for many companies, as their own research shows.

Kat
  • Industry: Motion Pictures & Film

Reviewed on 14/11/2019

Best HRIS on the market

Implementation of automation across HR department.

Pros

1. Very easy to customise and use.
2. Really high standard of cutomer service.
3. Continuous improvements and new features.

Cons

Some limitations around different shift patterns and rota roastering.

IRIS HR Professional

Reasons for Choosing bob

Previous software was really old fashined.

IRIS HR Professional

Reasons for Switching to bob

Promide to meet all requirements
Tory

Reviewed on 09/09/2021

An HRIS that does it all and then some!

Great all around HRIS. I would and have recommended to others.

Pros

Bob is intuitive, easy to use and gets ahead with all its features. It's not only an employee data management software, it's a one-stop-shop for all-things-employee lifecycle (performance, surveys, compensation, org charting, reporting, etc.). Employees love to use it because it provides value to them outside of simply storing their data with things like shout-outs, company announcements, clubs, interests, demographics, etc. It's also very beautiful to look at!

Cons

Hard to pick something to dislike. I will say that sometimes it takes longer to hear back from chat support. I wish they had an implementation team or person to work with you to set the tech up appropriately according to your use case. The implementation is very self-lead, and for someone that is maybe the only person in their department, this can be overwhelming if you can't find the time to dedicate to it. Other than that, I'm very happy with the software and each team member I've had the pleasure of chatting to has been more than helpful and lovely.

Sally-Ann
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 17/05/2018

Intuitive, time saving and effortlessly engaging for everyone who uses it.

Pros

They are constantly listening to their customers and adding functionalities to Hibob. The rate of innovation to their product is something that I have never experienced before in the HR world. Normally you buy the software and once a year an element of it is updated. With Hibob they very regularly update and improve the system, constantly working on an even better experience for the user and admins. Compared to Hibob our pricey payroll system (from a global market leader) feels like a system from the dark ages! We use HIbob for our 'Pulse' questions to check in with how the company is feeling, we use it for our appriasal process, the reporting is great, booking holidays on it and reporting on holiday is very simple. Love the dashboard for quick answers that in the HR Team we so regularly get asked. The workflows for new joiners and leavers have saved so much team time! We are complete Hibob lovers! The 'Club View' is a great quick way at looking at salaries, who drinks red wine and everything in between!

Cons

Ummmmmm.....I really can't think of anything...it really is a revolutionary and essential piece of HR kit!

MEHROSE

Reviewed on 14/04/2021

Bob the best for professional Employement

The team that is behind bob is beyond the next level their feedbacks are life savior sometimes.

Pros

Bob makes me help to solve queries in seconds and the responding team is amazing they have solutions for almost everything that the HR department can do and solve for you.

Cons

Bob is expensive at some level because companies cannot use it to the fullest and the packages from bob may affect their budget.

Ryan

Reviewed on 27/06/2018

Bob is a great HR platform for the average staff member at a business. Could not be easier!

Streamlining the HR process for staff at a business saves time and money. Centralizing these functions in a stable platform like Bob will allow you to focus more on your staff and business relationships, provide benefits to staff, and manage your company time off. This is a great product for a small business looking to manage their human resources in a simple and cost efficient way.

Pros

HR platforms are typically robust and house many different features for managing your employment and benefits at a company. Bob is the perfect match between a platform that has a high level of functionality - but remains easy to use.

For HR Staff using the system to manage a business; it contains stable features to manage time off, holidays, employee on-boarding, document provision, and company benefits. For the average staff member at a business, it is simple to use and has an intuitive interface. Taking time off is easy!

Bob is a new platform that is growing quickly. Although it may be simpler than some other HR platforms as a result, it's ability to easily solve a large amount of HR tasks in one platform is well worth the investment.

Cons

Being a new piece of software, some of the complexity found in managing company benefits, for instance, is limited in features at this time. This is only the result of having launched in the past couple of years; but the success so far is allowing them to continue development for improving the product.

Hannah

Reviewed on 13/07/2017

Simply the best HRS out there

Pros

Brilliantly designed, intuitive, easy to use for employees and People professionals. By far the biggest selling point though is the fact that Hibob is constantly developing new features which are actually based on customer feedback. All of the traditional HRS' i've used (e.g. BambooHR, Workday, Fairsail) are slow to respond to the needs of a changing HR/People function with an expanded remit (e.g. employee experience & wellbeing). Other challenger HRS (e.g. Namely, Charlie) only offer barebones features with a few gimmicks or are developing at the cost of platform stability. Hibob has unlimited ambition to actually fulfil the needs of the HR/People community

Cons

Occasional bugs due to there being a lot of new features (however these are few and far between and the longest i've ever waited for a fix is 36 hours), need to grow Customer Success team to ensure they can maintain same awesome levels of support.

Charlotte

Reviewed on 13/07/2017

Easy to use, good looking and fits with our agency vibe.

Pros

I like how easy BOB is to use, how easy it is to contact someone at BOB if I have any troubles with the system. The look and feel works so well for our type of work place and BOB have helped us roll out the platform so effortlessly. I'm always finding out new things on BOB and I find the weekly emails from the BOB team explaining whenever something has been added helps us to discover more.

Cons

As a new piece of software there are some things that haven't yet been built. Although saying this the BOB team are always on hand if we want anything specifically added to fit our companies needs. We had slight trouble in the beginning with the calendar view and it not working in the way we have previously been used too. We spoke with the BOB software developers and they were able to help us fix this by creating a brand new calendar view which fitted with our needs.

Diana

Reviewed on 05/11/2019

A good and practical HR solution

I am very pleased with the software, it was the best balance I could find as a HRMS tool, as I was looking for an end to end HR solution suitabble for a medium sized business!

Pros

It`s dynamic, it`s catchy (beautiful UI) and the product is constantly improving!

Cons

the functionalities that represent learning and development, training area, talent management and succession planning are currently missing

Husan
  • Industry: Research

Reviewed on 09/10/2018

Amazing Product + Customer Service

Very good, customer service is excellent. Really like all the features that bob offers. Compared to other HR platforms I have come across, bob has to be my fave!

Pros

- User-Friendly
- Cool features
- Reports are very easy to create

Cons

N/A, so far all good! BUT it would be good to have a feature where you can book a block of holidays in the calendars, so if an office is closed for Christmas, would be helpful to be able to block the whole week for all employees rather than doing it day by day.

Marina

Reviewed on 25/06/2017

Great level of services first of all and beautiful easy to use product!

I really enjoyed using this product. My employees were quite engaged in using this and it has truly improved company culture.

Pros

You can easily customize the product to your needs, really easy to on board and to use and most important to me my employees really use that, great design web and mobile.

Cons

very young company , needs to see what happens in time. they dont have many global companies and US services isnt ready yet.

Response from Hibob

Thank you so much for your great review of HiBob. We look forward to growing and are glad our product could benefit your company culture! Please continue to keep in contact if there is anything we can do to help.

Replied 26/06/2017
Ian

Reviewed on 04/11/2019

HiBob

HiBob is our go to solution for all our HRIS needs

Pros

Simple and intuitive to use with all the necessary fields

Cons

Add work scheduling tool so that we can create links between absence management and workforce planning

Estelle
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 17/07/2017

Makes us look slick

Better reporting, more robust processes and easier comms around People issues

Pros

We have a small People team and Bob has picked up all the admin which. in itself, is amazing. It's given us robust onboarding processes, better reporting than we've ever had and we haven't had to train anyone how to use it.

Cons

Some standard letter templates would be AMAZING - one click for employee details on a blank letterhead would make my life easier.
Looking forward to more review/appraisal functionality - I know it's coming and I know we will use it.

Lucy

Reviewed on 30/04/2018

Intuitive, engaging and above all an enjoyable tool that makes my job much easier

Pros

The product has a lovely feel to it, and has been designed to accommodate the modern workplace - where staff and managers will both enjoy the interface. Also, the humour, support, pride and appetite of everyone at bob really highlights this is a great product from inside out.

Cons

I'd love to have better integration with our payroll provider (morepay).
Insights into reviews
The ability to edit my own review forms
I will never stop wanting more!

Beck

Reviewed on 29/06/2018

Great. Efficient. Ease of use.

Able to track all annual leave and data on my employees

Pros

This software is efficient, effective and an all round great tool to have on board your team. would recommend to all clients.

Cons

To be honest. I haven't had any issues. may it would be good if we could have different companies/groups on one platform