About Waystar

Waystar is a cloud-based revenue cycle management platform for healthcare systems. The solution is used by organizations of all sizes to manage administrative and clinical functions. Key features include insurance verification,...

4.1

Browse Waystar Reviews

Cyrena A.

Reviewed on 16/01/2018

Using Navicure for the 1st time was fairly easy.

Easier way to find the reason of the rejected and denied claims daily.

Pros

Navicure is absolutely great for daily reporting! There are various reports that can be review such as the daily productivity, rejection and denial type on your claims. You can work them by the denied reason, insurance company or the dates of service.

Cons

Some of the rejections reason/descriptions are not that clear and sometimes will need the help from customer service to determine the best way to fix however here is short wait time to get assistance. The rejection also sometime duplicate in more than on category but when one is completed it does remove it's self from the other categories as well.

Donna H.

Reviewed on 27/05/2022

Waystar

Overall, you are able to generate and send all billing with ease. I've ran revenue cycle departments using this product and find it meets all the needs to be efficient and accurate.
I've used Ability and Waystar is much easier to navigate.

Pros

Waystar is an easy to use software to manage your revenue cycle. It is simple to teach those that have had no experience using it. The RA's are easy to post in your system. It is easy to navigate.

Cons

They only keep information up to 2 years, so when you are audited or are researching old balances, you can't find the EOB's. There needs to be a feature that you can send claims to Waystar and make changes to the claim without it electronically going to a payor. (IV home health claims).
Customer service is lacking people who have actually used the product. So, when you call they don't understand the issue. They are slow.... in responding to tickets/issues.

Paul R.

Reviewed on 31/05/2022

Some great features, but poor integration and support

Customer service has been mostly okay, but with a few significant failures. The integration of eSolutions was a flop.

Pros

Claim submission and scrubbing are great.

Cons

Integration is only partial, requiring me to switch interfaces between claims, remittances, and eligibility.

Top Waystar Alternatives

Sharon H.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Reviewed on 07/06/2022

A Product of Exceptional Quality

Having worked with several clearinghouses over the years, Waystar is by far the Best! Navigating the system is effortless, and the reports are fantastic. Waystar identifies all rejections and gives clear instructions on how to resolve the issue. Waystar does everything I expect it to do. The Client Support Department is OUTSTANDING! Waystar has a well-trained workforce that focuses on customer service while knowing how to use the product in its entirety.

Pros

The program's ease of use. It is very user-friendly. I find the tutorial tool to be extremely helpful.

Cons

The only con I can think of is that Waystar only keeps data for two years. Although you can request information going beyond two years, it is a lengthy process.

Lakeycia R.

Very Satisfied With Waystar

Pros

I really love the ease of use and therefore highly recommend this product to other colleagues.

Cons

I do not have any so far my experience is going well.

Nadine M.

Ease of use

I love the education they offer that includes CEU credits and every time we have had an issue it gets resolved in a timely manner.

Pros

Waystar is easy to use and keeps a bulk of our records in one place and searching for them is quick and easy. They get our invoices out in a timely manner and the address issues tool is super helpful for us.

Cons

It would be helpful to be able to print one patients EOB when you have one pulled up with multiple patients on it.

Sue J.

Reviewed on 03/06/2022

Revenue Cycle Management

The overall experience with Waystar has been very positive.

Pros

This is a very important product/feature to keep control of payments coming in and also claims being rejected. This is a feature that I use daily!

Cons

I think it's very hard to sign up new Payers in the the account tab. Waystar use to sign up the payers for us and now I have to print forms, get them to Waystar etc etc.

Paula C.

Reviewed on 05/06/2022

Benefits of Waystar

My experience as well as my team has been excellent.

Pros

Benefits include the effectiveness of having quick customer service based in the USA

Cons

I love everything about waystar, it's friendly and the customer service is amazing. I have always a fast resolution and the way we can view claims and add notes it's amazing.

AB's WAYSTAR REVIEW

Pros

The function I like the most how easy and user friendly it is to submit a claim, verify the information is correct and it has been accepted, reviewed and submitted to the payer.

Cons

With my experience using Waystar, I really can not think of any aspect that I do not like or that needs to be better.

Lucy A.

Reviewed on 07/06/2022

Waystar is one of the better productions and user friendly.

Pros

User friendly for the most of all of the applications.

Cons

Claims processing has too many categories, somethings should be combined - ex. professional claims and institutional claims data, reports, etc.

Altrina T.

Reviewed on 31/12/2018

Waystar/Zirmed

Pros

what I like most about waystar/zirmed is the ability to perform most of the functions I need with one program, I can verify most of the insurances we use including medicare and getting same/similar information from medicare. i love the rejected claims dashboard and how I can sort to be able to notice trends. they show the claim rejected by waystar/zirmed and claims rejected by the payer. patient payments are easy to use to make payments and have the ability to email a receipt immediately for a payment you took. but what I like most about the patient payments is the ability to set up an autopay this can be done with ca credit card or through a bank account. there are so many great functions with this I cannot possibly write them all down. a new function that was added when they switched from Zirmed to Waystar was the homepage. it allows you to set a homepage so now when log in it takes me the remit tab where I can see payments. we use waystar as our clearinghouse and submit and receive claims, remits electronically and can autopost payments from waystar to our billing software which cuts down on time if we would have to manually post.

Cons

I would like to them to add a way to have an open-ended autopay. if we have a patient on oxgyen and it rents forever we still have to put in a total amount so at some point it will stop.

Kari T.

Reviewed on 23/06/2020

The best clearinghouse, etc I’ve ever used

We’ve used Zirmed/Waystar for years after switching from Gateway EDI (now Trizetto). It’s so much more user friendly and easier to search for information in batches. The customer support is WAY better, as well. Waystar has tickets you can track yourself, where as if you open a ticket in Trizetto you can’t see it afterwards so you have to keep your own records so they don’t forget about you.

Pros

Waystar is the most user friendly and comprehensive clearinghouse I’ve ever used. It’s extremely simple to search out needed information.
It links with our Practice Management software systems making file submission a breeze. And the batch history And search options make it easy to Find anything you’re looking for.
I like that it has a patient credit card payment feature, but I admit, we’re not using that to the full extent it’s capable of, yet.

Cons

The reporting could be more extensive. We don’t have the analytics feature because the same info is in our systems, but I’m sure that would solve that issue.
The billing is a little confusing. We have a parent account that used to be Zirmed and another large account that used to be Navicure. They are now both Waystar since they merged but the billing is completely different on both accounts.

Mike J.

Reviewed on 21/01/2019

Waystar (Formerly Zirmed)

Before we got Waystar (Zirmed), we would either submit the claims on paper (which is hard to track) or through the payers provider portal. We would need to maintain a dozen or so username and password for various websites. You would need to sign up for a lot of websites.

With Waystar, all you need is one username and password. You can electronically submit claims to various payers with one click. Waystar will scrub the claim to see if there are any front end rejections. If the payer rejects the claim, you can correct it within Waystar without having to go back to the EMR and correct it. You can track your claims within Waystar. You can download an excel spreadsheet with the information you need.

Pros

You have the ability to correct claims that get rejected by the insurance company. Waystar will scrub your claims even before they sent it off you the insurance company. The layout is very user-friendly and straight forward. If the Payer allows it, remittance advice can be downloaded and uploaded to the EHR software. Claims can be copied if you have to enter them manually. YOu don't need to reenter the whole patient information over and over again.

Cons

You'll need to call in order to add a child account. The claims status should be updated if the claim has been paid. Right now, the last status you'll get us if the claim is recieved by the Payer.

Derek C.

Reviewed on 27/06/2018

Used mainly for confirming insurances are valid/active

Day to day insurance validity checks and billing that has a set price per bill instead per page. National address database check before sending bills to the wrong clinic

Pros

Able to run my clinic day to day knowing that patients have valid insurance and possible deductible amount. Allows us to give best patient care without unknowing giving the patient a big bill that will be from care rendered and deductible amount. Zirmed increases my clinic's ability to inform patient of deductible amounts prior so that patient understands amount they may be billed and the reason for the bill. From this, it gives patients the autonomy in their care. Zirmed also has a billing service that allows for import from billing software with set prices per bill (not page) and it checks a national database with address to make sure the bill is going to the correct patient.

Cons

The may con I have had with this is that our clinic representative left the company and we were not informed and the phone number wasn't reassigned or disconnected, which left me waiting for a return call that never came. After calling customer service, I was then reassigned

Brenda H.

Reviewed on 31/05/2020

Great product for a great value

We started with Zirmed and transitioned to Waystar. It was flawless. It's easy to use. The value is excellent. They have a huge list of insurances OR you can have them send a paper claim. We were working with an older (outdated, frankly) practice management software and Waystar worked with us so we could still upload claims. Editing rejected claims is very easy. There are also Premium products you can buy if you would like to streamline your RCM such as code look up and insurance verification.

Pros

It is very user friendly. Their customer service has always been very responsive.

Cons

Medicare Secondary billing is clumsy. (Not a Con but) there are several features we don't need/use. They clutter up the dashboard.

Jenny B.

Reviewed on 12/07/2018

Great customer service and sales team.

efficient claims processing, denials management, great reports with comparrisons to others in the same industry.

Pros

Their customer service lives up to the 3 ring rule. Customer service are very pleasant and helpful on the phone. If your question is beyond that department they listen to all of your questions or concerns and directly transfer you to the right person/department to help with your needs. I am been very happy with their live training. The videos for additional tools and training are very specific you are able to accomplish what you need to learn. I have found the sales team to be very accommodating when renewing products. I have found their fees for the credit card /Payleap to be the best prices out there.

Cons

Not able to interface payments directly in to our EMR software. I know they have plans to eventually make this happen. I am hoping it will be soon.

Brittany E.

Reviewed on 08/03/2018

6 Years of Use-Happy Customer

We were a fairly small practice when we started with Navicure (8 physicians) and grew to almost 30 providers. Navicure worked great even as we grew.

Pros

The messaging system you can use for issues/questions is usually responded to pretty quickly, reps are nice via telephone also. Easy system, user friendly. Didn't require much training. it gives you the option to correct claims directly in Navicure, or cancel and resend from your billing system. Printable reports when needed, easy sorting.

Cons

There aren't really any I recall, but it would have been very nice to have two way communication (meaning the changes made in Navicure would be sent back to the billing system). For this reason we chose to cancel the claims and correct them in the billing system to avoid the possibility of forgetting to update in the billing system after it was done in Navicure.

Dorota L.

Reviewed on 11/06/2019

Great resource

Overall Waystar has been invaluable to our company. It's a one stop shop for us for claims and payments.

Pros

This product is contracted with most insurance companies to submit Professional or Institutional claims all in one place. And, it also provides electronic remittances. Product is very easy to use and customer service is always there to help. We only use the product for claims submissions, remittances and patient billing. We don't use it for eligibility checks.

Cons

I don't like that we sometimes have to wait months for customer service to come up with a resolution for any claims issues we have. And, sometimes it takes weeks for a customer service representative to work on our cases. We also wished to would give us more details on patient eligibility, but they don't and so we don't use it for that.

Gina K.

Reviewed on 04/03/2022

Waystar Customer Service / Value for the money

Pros

You have the ability to correct claims that reject by the insurance company. Waystar also provides "scrubbing" for the electronic claims and sends back "Waystar level rejections" so that edits can be made before claims transmit to the payer source. The layout is very user-friendly and straightforward.

Cons

Customer service is very poor. There is a failure to fix problems in a timely manner. Each customer service team (claims solution, remit solution, patient statements, credit cards, client billing, etc.) clearly lacks the initiative to set a higher standard of customer service which allows critical issues and problems to go unresolved for unreasonable lengths of time.

Jenny B.

Reviewed on 19/09/2017

From sales to accounting to support, all the employees have honored the 3 ring rule. Everyone...

Expense! Although I do experience the value of your product and services as positive. I really think Symphony should be the standard application for users. There is so much more to help a biller get their work done and information available at their finder tips!

Pros

I especially like Perform Reporting for the fee schedules and payments. The graphs and drill down gives us many options to choose from. Claims appeal process is swift and the pre-written appeal letters really help a lot. It is a time saver to correct the claims in Navicure. I only have to change my claim status in ECW. Now that we are on Symphony I have more choices to look over and use. We are able to look at the ERA denials as well which has been very helpful. More information and drill downs.

Carmen C.

Reviewed on 16/12/2021

Waystar for Electronic Claims Submission and Guarantor/Pt. Statements

Overall its a solid product that helps us cut down on the time from bill submission to getting paid by the 3rd party payer because of cleaner claims.

Pros

Ease of use. Ease to deploy across 250+ behavioral health facilities in multiple U.S. States.

Cons

Retrieval of E.O.B.'s - Explanation of Benefits. The view could be enhanced to make them easier to decipher/read.

Lauren A.

Reviewed on 06/11/2018

Great Clearinghouse

I have used Waystar for three years (when it was Zirmed first), and I have never had any major issues. They help me resolve not just issues with their service or website, but with claims as well when the insurance says there is a timely filing or other filing issue.

Pros

I love how Waystar has EVERYTHING - claims, eligibility, patient payments, remits. And the reporting makes it easy to track what claims haven't been paid, or where there are errors in your claims that are preventing it from being paid. Appealing claims on Waystar is super easy, and tracking down claims that were paid but somehow didn't get into your EMR is also really easy.

Cons

The set up is a little cluttered, but no big deal in the grand scheme of things.

Carrie R.

Reviewed on 28/04/2020

Choose Another Company...much better options out there than Waystar

I haven’t been happy with the service when they were NAvicure or Waystar.

Pros

I didn’t feel that their software was very useful.

Cons

The company is costly. There clearinghouse isn’t very effective with all insurances. I had to manually bill some insurances since their clearing house couldn’t do it. They charge you extra to find out about denials. When you have issues, you can’t reach customer service well. There customer service isn’t good with getting back to you. When you leave their service, they require 90 notice to get there money. When you give notice on April 24, they cancel you on 7/30 to get as much money as they can. By the way, my renewal date was June 1, but they still made me go to 7/30 to pay them. When asked to talk to a supervisor, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in Customer Relations kept telling me that I had to pay up to 7/30 or could pay all 90 days fees now to be done on 4/30. I asked 3 times for a supervisor and didn’t hear from anyone. They just want money and don’t care about their customers.

athenaOne

Reasons for Choosing Waystar

Cost effective; telehealth; easy to use; great customer service

SimplePractice

Reasons for Switching to Waystar

It seemed ok at the time.
Nate R.

Reviewed on 19/04/2018

Absolutely Best In Class Billing Software

It really is best in class. Easy for billing, has long list of insurance companies they interface with, the only thing that could be improved would be eligibility checks.

Pros

Has integrations with almost every possible insurance company in the States. Easy to make edits and track payments. Has fantastic denial tracking and easy to make re submissions on denials. Eligibility checks are also fairly easy even though its probably its weakest component.

Cons

Eligibility checks could be improved somewhat. The reports are nice, but are time consuming to go through. No easy way to see if patients insurance has changed without going through them one by one.

Cassandra A.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Reviewed on 29/06/2021

Great software

I can see denial trends and denial percentages with the easy of a click I love it

Pros

It is easy to use and gives such a great amount of details and data. There are so many features I'm just starting to learn about. But I love the denial management and how I put different insurance denials in different buckets. Really love this software

Cons

There is really nothing bad about it so far. It's easy to use and is full of such great information. If I had to pick something maybe the customer service it would be nice of there was a chat feature online.