About CallHippo

CallHippo is a cloud-based call center solution that helps mid to large size businesses with workflow automation and virtual telephony. The platform enables users to give detailed analysis to customers through call recordings....

4.2

Browse CallHippo Reviews

Fortune

Reviewed on 20/11/2018

Great Customer Support!

Pros

CallHippo has a very responsive customer support team. CallHippo has always ensured that my team receives the best customer support anyone can get. When we had problems during the initial setting up process, the support staff provided fast real time solutions that that impressed me. The customer service people always make sure that customers are treated with the utmost respect and attention and I can say it isn't about what I heard alone but I have firsthand experience of the way they work. The CallHippo system works without glitches and I really like the Call Recording feature which has been of great help. CallHippo is affordable and has great customer service and attributes. My verdict: It's worth a try. You'll be glad you did.

Cons

I'm really satisfied with the way it works. All I can say is that the software development team continue to improve on the excellent job they've done so far.

Jaspreet
  • Industry: Market Research

Reviewed on 29/06/2022

Good Service with reliable product

Pros

Customer support team is really efficient and quick and solving your queries. Alfiya was one of the support executive who did everything possible to assist me in my query and ensured that I it was resolved.

Cons

Many basic features are missing and you cant bundle them individually with basic plans. You are forced to go to premium plans, even if you only want a feature or 2 from the premium plan.

Punit

Reviewed on 13/07/2022

Feedback

good

Pros

Reports and analysis messaging option voice quality

Cons

Some times is not working in my android phone properly

Top CallHippo Alternatives

RingCentral MVP

Vonage Business Communications

Dave
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Reviewed on 22/04/2022

CallHippo

Online support is very helpful. In my most recent contact with them [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was able to locate and provide the information I needed in a quick and courteous manner.

Pros

This was very easy to set up and implement, no need for outside assistance.

Cons

None for us. CallHippo performs exactly as needed, filling our need without a lot of costly add-ons that we don't need.

Vipra

Reviewed on 09/06/2022

[SENSITIVE CONTENT] - Account Manager

All good.

Pros

Easily accessible, good for beginners use.

Cons

Nothing as of now. Will recommend to others.

Somesh

Reviewed on 11/11/2020

READ & ASK Before Make a Purchase of the Service

- Try Skype for Business with call number their support is brilliant.

Pros

- You can get a different service with better support 'skype for business'.

Cons

- Discuss your Use Case with the support team before making the purchase.
- Support doesn't even understand your use case properly due to lack of knowledge.
- They will try to sell you the product no matter what so, please get all the response over email as proof of refund.
- You don't receive SMS for verification. So, the service doesn't work.
- You don't receive calls for verification from Google Voices, Gmail, Google Adwords, Upwork.
- Again make sure ask before you make the final purchase because they don't wanna refund wanna your money
- Also, their automation mailer will disturb you even if you are on a call with them.

Response from CallHippo

Hi Somesh, we are trying to find you in our data tools to solve your concerns but could not find you. Can you please send us a mail at [email protected] with CC to [email protected]

Replied 10/05/2021

Reviewed on 23/06/2022

Good For medium size business

good

Pros

cost-effective easy to navigate on computer & mobile devices, good UI

Cons

account verification takes a long, needs improvement on that side

Prithvi
  • Industry: Security & Investigations
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 24/06/2022

Great customer suppot

Customer support person [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was friendly and helpful

Pros

dashboard looks sleek
Has good customer support
Has a Free trial

Cons

Desktop app is below average
UX can be better
Call connecting takes time

Sakshi
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Reviewed on 14/07/2022

Customer Service

It is very nice as whenever I am stuck with any issue , customer support always resolves the issue on time.

Pros

I Like the customer service of call hippo, Owaish always helps me resolve the issues I have.

Cons

It has some technical glitches but I am glad that they have the solutions always.

Amit
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 04/02/2021

Excellent Sales and Support Team, But could use a few more features and integrations.

Overall I am more satisfied here than, dial pad, phone.com and cloud.io.
Even Zendesk support wasn't that great and don't even get me started on Zoom phone setup. What a nightmare compared to yours.

You guys are onto something, don't lose your excellent support and sales strategy.

Pros

Ease of use, and how quickly I could implement my setup.
Moreover the quick and friendly sales and support team.
[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] from Support were just wonderful people to work with.

Cons

It would have been great if we can implement a team chat plugging for my website right through here like it is with zoom and zendesk, but for now, I think you have some room to grow on your product interface development and integration to implement for the future, which is pivotal for your company.

RingCentral MVP, Zoom Phone and Nextiva

Reasons for Choosing CallHippo

Lack of support and quick response from their customer service team. these days I don't have time to wait for someone to call me back the next day on a ticket or even 2 hours from now. Times have changed and I don't think they realize this.

Dialpad, Zoom Phone, Phone.com and Zendesk

Reasons for Switching to CallHippo

Your support, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] quick response and willingness to explain everything over a quick screen share was enough for me to get started with this solutions. and Today, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] quick responses and answers were enough for me to know that I will stick around for a bit longer. :) Happy Customer today.
Aaron
  • Industry: Veterinary

Reviewed on 31/12/2020

Thank you so much [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], phenomenal Customer Service!

Incredible rate, quality, customer support, everyone goes above and beyond the call of duty to make sure that their customers are well taken care of and it is something that is noticible from the very first moment you sign on with a customer service rep. As someone who works in I.T. and handles situations like these on a daily basis I can appreciate just how much work goes into the service they provide to their customers, and this speaks volumes. The time I spent with my customer service rep. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] there were many moments where the conversation could have ended with my issue left unresolved, but [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was patient and strategically helped me find a solution to the issue I was having. Individuals like this are a HUGE asset to a company, and with individuals like [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] on the team I have no doubt that the future is very bright for CallHippo.

Pros

Provides all the features that would need and then some. There are lots of services to choose from but no matter which service you choose having reliable customer service is critical to making it all work.

Cons

The only thing I can think of is the robot voice for the voicemail technology could probably be upgraded. But they also allow you to upload your own pre-recorded audio file which works perfectly for me so it wasn't really an issue at all.

Hugo
  • Industry: Investment Management

Reviewed on 22/01/2020

Customer Support Service - Live Chat

I would really like to thank my amazing support agents who have been with me from the beginning and continue to be there, guiding me and holding my hand every step of the way, their product knowledge is superb, they respond within seconds, they're patient and very kind and also a great team of advisers! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] are amazing! It is individuals like these two that hold a company's name and reputation as high as possible. It is very rare to find support agents that go the extra mile for their customers and so far [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] have went above and beyond, assisting me with my needs. Thank you for such an outstanding support service! Please keep it up!

Pros

What I appreciate most about Call Hippo, hmm... It would be the virtual numbers, it is the main reason I signed up for this in the first place, so I started on the bronze plan however within a few days I upgraded to platinum as it offers so much more benefits like soft-phone integration, unlimited calling minutes plus a free virtual number.

Cons

What I didn't appreciate about the software is using the call Hippo dialing soft-phone, I mean yes it is simple to use and effective in terms of its functionality however I don't quite like the look of it, it looks boring, I really would recommend that the look could be a little more interesting.

RingCentral MVP, Vonage Business Communications and Xero

Reasons for Switching to CallHippo

Well I noticed that it was more affordable to get a virtual number from CallHippo however that was not the case because I had to get on a plan which costed me more than I expected but by then it was too late to back out, luckily I spoke with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and they recommenced that I upgrade my plan to get more benefits because I was also looking for afford calling per second billing and once I found out what the Platninum plan had to offer I was more than happy to choose it!
Holly

Reviewed on 27/06/2019

Great basic outbound calling software, perfect for smaller companies

Overall I am quite satisfied with CallHippo. It has provided the functionality we needed and it was easy to set up and to train staff on.

Pros

Call Hippo doesn't require any downloading to your computer, you work from the website or you can download the app if you want to use your mobile. It has predictive dialler capabilities but also allows users to make one off calls via a keypad, that is a very handy feature. Ability to sign up month to month and add credit as you need is also useful when you are a smaller organisation or starting out with a new service and do not yet know your annual requirements.

Cons

The reporting capabilities are limited and quite basic. I would definitely like to be able to dig a bit deeper into some of the metrics but the program doesn't allow that and you need to do a bit of the work yourself once you have downloaded the excel spreadsheet. The reporting needs more filtering options and a bit more detail.

Aircall

Reasons for Choosing CallHippo

CrazyCall doesn't have the ability to make individual calls. Although not the most efficient way to call multiple people, we needed this functionality as well and CrazyCall was unable to provide this.

Channels

Reasons for Switching to CallHippo

It was a simple platform with an easy to understand pricing structure. I just wanted something basic with no hidden costs. CallHippo was the most transparent and simply explained.
Eric

Reviewed on 20/10/2020

Great Customer Support by CallHippo Team | [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was helping me today and he ROCKS! Any time I have needed questions answered, the support team has been extremely helpful.

Pros

Once you learn to use it, it is very easy and robust. It does more than what we need it to do, and the price is great.

Cons

Our agency sets up many accounts for our clients. Sometimes the anti-fraud department flags our new accounts. Our clients pay their CallHippo bill directly so we have many accounts rather than just one.

Regardless, the new account openings are resolved quickly.

CallRail

Pricing and support

CallRail
Jeff

Reviewed on 13/04/2020

More than meets the eye...

Great integration with HubSpot, and the click-to-dial feature from within HubSpot has pretty much solved the issue of needing to shrink the dialpad.

Pros

The product is very easy to use - only took a few minutes to set everything up and I continue to find helpful features...the dashboard is similar to that of a full CRM and has quite a few stats and features for tracking call volume, etc.
The product has a great integration feature and once my dialer was fully integrated with HubSpot, it had a great effect on my overall productivity and cut down quite a bit on my time spent between calls...no need to go back and forth to the dialpad!

Cons

The only two features which require improvement are: 1. The voicemail setup requires me to create a recording using separate software, and then upload it to CH
2. It would be nice to be able to minimize the dialpad in order to hover over pages and see phone numbers which I am manually keying in without having to switch back and forth between the page i am reading and the dialpad 'page'...

Mathan Rae
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Reviewed on 22/10/2020

The telephony for MSMSEs

Overall, we are happy with callhippo and look forward to grow our business having them as our telephony partner.

Pros

CallHippo has been a great help for us. It has allowed us to be contacted by and make contact to our client's customers without breaking the bank. The interface is intuitive and practical and very easy to learn and administer. Their technical support was also very prompt and timely in their response and resolution.

Cons

All the features they offer are useful to us for our business needs right now. I do not know anything else we would need from them.

Five9

Reasons for Choosing CallHippo

They were just too expensive for a small business especially for multiple agents who are not on 24/7.

Five9

Reasons for Switching to CallHippo

Callhippo offered a better value when it came to the price point.

Reviewed on 26/04/2021

Highly Reccomend

We are happy with this product! We were using ringcentral before and had issues with no support. Here they have 24/7 support always ready to help

Pros

It has decent connectivity and simple to set up and use.
They have mobile apps which makes it simpler to stay in touch with our clients.

Cons

It can get difficult to get numbers, I understand that they have strict compliance policies, which is good in longe run.

Dialpad

RingCentral MVP
Jameir

Reviewed on 20/01/2021

Great Customer Service! Best calling platform I've used hands down!

I've been with Callhippo for a few months now, February 2021 will be my official start up month. I've been testing their system for about 4-6 months now. Love it!

Pros

I love the functionality of Callhippo, its simple to use and best of all they offer 24/7 live chat support. I had problems occur but they went forward and fixed whatever issue I have. Love this calling platform. A bit more than I want to pay sometimes but all in all they are one of the best. Hands down. Thank you guys!

Cons

I would have to get back to you guys on that! That's a good thing :)n

Google Voice, Five9 and Square Point of Sale

Reasons for Switching to CallHippo

I wanted to give a new company a try! Instantly I fell in love with it because it provided EVERYTHING I was looking for plus at a wonderful price!
SHAHRAM

Reviewed on 01/03/2021

Running it like a scam

Terrible. Scam artists in their sales and customer success teams.

Pros

Easy of deployment and average cost compared to others

Cons

After more than a year of using them and dealing with sporadic technical issues, finance let me know callhippo had made some significant charges to our credit cards used for monthly payments. We called them to see why. This is what they told us and I have them in email too as we pressed more: "We had made a mistake in your pricing a year ago and this is what we have to charge you now to make up for it!" Essentially that is their way of increasing the price on you. And then also had gone ahead and moved us from monthly plan to an annual plan without our permisson. I have an email from their sales team when we bought that our prices was x dollars and it would "never" change. When we asked them to reconcile these, the palyed games for 3 months and did not respond to repeated requests to give us an answer or refund. The support has been nothing short of scam! I am incredibly disappointed how they treat their long-term customers. Stay away from this product unless you are fine working with charalttans.

RaviRaj

Reviewed on 01/07/2021

Really Great Virtual Number Product for any IT Start-Up.

As an IT start-up, I am in a need of US virtual number to expand my business in the USA. so I came to know about all Callhippo. I visited the website to know more about the offerings which they provide and started chatting with [SENSITIVE CONTENT]. she helped me to understand the platform resolve my queries before purchase and assisted me to get quick onboard. also, arrange my call with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] this guy also helped me to configure the entire system and resolve all technical queries. so as a support Callhippo is 10/10. I am really satisfied with the product and support.

Pros

The most interesting feature is that I can place outgoing calls and also receive calls from all over the globe and through the same I can increase our customer experience as well as increase our sales. so truly it's a great product for me.

Cons

Not found any. everything is great. The system is very essential.

Ivy
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 25/11/2021

Good investment

Exceptional!

Pros

It is super easy to navigate, no need to have deep training for newly onboarded employees. Good customer support, kudos to [SENSITIVE CONTENT] for always assisting us in terms of support.

Cons

None so far, they already resolved my raised issue before about the compatibility of browsers.

Brent
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 30/11/2020

Great

Pros

I would like to thank [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] for helping me during the set up phase.

Both very helpful people.

Cons

Nothing yet. It's too early to say what the cons are.

Twilio

Reasons for Choosing CallHippo

Because Twilio are making it too hard to set up a new number for my clients.

Twilio

Reviewed on 28/03/2022

Worst Technical Experience Coupled with Customer Service that Goes in Circles

My overall experience has been terrible. Terrible customer support, its like the agents never have access to information in your system, they take you through the same trouble shooting time and time again and don't appear to realise how their own system works. I.e., they could not advise me that I should use forced call tagging if I cannot add call tags after a call as a way to overcome that problem. It sounds like a small thing but it is constant and leads to a very poor user experience.

Pros

Integrates with other features, good transcription of calls, high quality transcriptions.

Cons

Customer service was so TERRRIBLE, you go around and around in circles. They say they will cancel a feature then don't do it, then if you ask for a refund for the service you cancelled and they confirmed had been cancelled they will take you round in circles again. They

Aircall

Reasons for Choosing CallHippo

They stopped supporting outbound calls from Australia. They were great.

CallTrackingMetrics

Reasons for Switching to CallHippo

It seemed a bit cheaper, but its not.

Response from CallHippo

Hi,

Really sorry for your experience. As we cannot see your details, (the review being anonymous), and we are not able to reach out to you to get it sorted.

If you can send us an email at [email protected] with reference to this review we will get your complain escalated internally and try correct the experience you had with us.

Replied 04/04/2022
Adrian
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 17/03/2021

Help from Customer Support

It has been very beneficial for our agents as calls are recorded we can check our customer support team, also Sales team. The customer support has been always helpful, guys like [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] are really patient and explain things easy for us to understand.

Pros

It is really easy to use, I have agent in different countries and it is really easy to purchase a number, get them invited and then just take a few minutes until they can start calling.

Cons

Sometimes the Phone app it is a bit Laggy, usually when I have a SMS that I havent responded, I write everything and then press send and nothing happens, I have to close the app, then open the message again, write everything and press send.

• Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 02/06/2017

Perfect phone assistant for small businesses

When you're running a small business, your biggest problem is to divide tasks and to manage calls coming to a single line. The situation here was going out of control, and we had no idea whom to call, or whom to assign a call. CallHippo just fit in the gap and solved all of our problems at once. We set it up in few hours, and it has been making us happy ever since.

The line will not always be perfect, and there can be few dropped calls from time to time, but I really think you shouldn't worry about it as you have the perfect customer service on hand to help you deal with the issue. They're pretty quick to fix your problem, even if you're using the lowest plan or you're a new user.

Pros

There is absolutely no confusion concerning the price, you get the set and the features you paid for. In fact, they are pretty straightforward in every sense, providing awesome service whenever necessary. I use it to set availability and to keep track of who has been called, and my favorite thing about it is that I'm not paying per user. It has been a faithful assistant for 6 months now, and the experience is nothing but wonderful.