About Cirrus Insight

Cirrus Insight is a customer relationship management application. It helps users track and sync emails, create and edit Salesforce records, log calls and create email campaigns. Cirrus Insight’s key features include sales...

4.1
4.1

Browse Cirrus Insight Reviews

Jennie
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 27/12/2018

Best tool for Increasing SalesForce Utilization

We have increased our adherence of our sales team for loading email communications and capturing information for Salesforce. Previously we struggled to get our sales team to log communications with prospects and customers consistently. I am a huge proponent of this software!!!

Pros

I believe that this software increases efficiency and productivity for Sales Teams. I have recommended this software for our company and others because of its ease of use and ability to log emails, set reminders and even schedule meetings within you gmail inbox. You do not even have to log into Salesforce as you can add documents, create notes and complete tasks within your email platform.

Cons

The pros really outweigh the cons for this software. However occasionally the chrome add-on will conflict with other add-ons and there is difficulty with having the software program load up within the email program. However there is always an easy fix and the support is very responsive.

Nitin
  • Industry: Market Research

Reviewed on 10/05/2019

It helps in adoption of Salesforce !

Get more activities and quicker record addition into salesforce.

Pros

This tool has helped us increase users adopt salesforce more to put in their activities. Its seamless sync and automated mapping for records to be linked to the right SF records. It helps do everything within inbox than logging in SF, mostly everything!

Cons

Some erratic sync fails due to Google Token refreshes.

Groove

Reasons for Switching to Cirrus Insight

better UI, easier to sync and potential to have more functionalities in future.
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 29/06/2022

No support- synch issue 30 days - no answer-

not enjoyable

Pros

never liked it but it was functional before they were bought out

Cons

use to have to log in daily to make sure it was even active-
now that doesn't seem to be an issue but will not synch my salesforce calendar to google calendar & after a full month of back and forth with tech support they have come up with NOTHING-- I canceled

Top Cirrus Insight Alternatives

Ed

Reviewed on 24/05/2022

Natively integrates with Salesforce

It's been positive

Pros

Ability to integrate natively with Salesforce and sync our Calendar, Inbox and Tasks

Cons

Took some time to figure out how to setup with Salesforce

Brian

Best out of all

I have tried multiple email tracking apps and software. I have left Cirrus twice and ended up coming back. Now I will never leave, it is exactly what I need.

Pros

Ease of use, visual inspection of all past emails.

Cons

Nothing really, maybe the lack of ability to export to Excel.

MailTrack, Saleshandy and Yesware

Reasons for Switching to Cirrus Insight

The visual representation mostly. Also it is easy to sort.
Will

Reviewed on 21/02/2021

I love Cirrus Insight so much, that I gladly put up with its issues

I love Cirrus Insight and feel like it is the best way to ensure tracking and data entry into Salesforce. Because it does this automatically, and is managed from within Gmail, it makes it super easy to review contacts/accounts/opps and track emails, phone calls and meetings.

This more than makes the investment worth it, but the email open/click tracking is also super useful, as is the ability to create follow-up tasks and set delayed send times.

The extension seems to be finicky, erroring out on campaigns or requiring sign-in far too often, but it is well worth the thousands of hours I have saved in the last 2+ years from not having to log activity in Salesforce Directly, as well as research clients back and forth from email to SFDC. Cirrus brings it all into Gmail and is a lifesaver. Our Sales and CS teams use it and it is critical to our business.

Pros

The reason I purchased Cirrus Insight was to allow me to easily track all my emails to Salesforce. Sending emails from Salesforce is a pain and it is not easy to add received emails to the platform.

With the Cirrus Insight extension, all my emails (or the ones I choose) are added to Salesforce. And the best part is, it happens within my Gmail Inbox. I do not have to go to Salesforce, but can review emails, opens, clicks, contacts, opportunities, accounts and more all from within Gmail.

Cons

I feel like the "campaign" function errors out a lot. Its useful, but when sending an email to a large list, I plan on having to send it more than once.

Additionally, I feel like I am often getting "disconnected" and have to reauthenticate. I don't know why this is...maybe its my orgs security, but it is annoying and not clear why its happening.

Mike
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 02/11/2018

Helpful for the Salesforce-foucsed Sales team

Pros

Cirrus is the best integration between Gmail and Salesforce that I have found - bar none. If that is what you need more than anything - then this product will fit that perfectly. It allows all emails to auto sync to the correct salesforce account/contact. The sidebar is useful to quick note taking within the client's profile, as well as looking up previous outreach efforts or existing business. It's very easy to setup and can be a big help for a sales team. Additionally, the meeting setup is the best I have seen and very simple to use (integrates into your google calendar as well)

Cons

Some key features like templates are extremely lacking - to the point that I needed additional tools to supplement Cirrus's weak areas. The templates can only be those within salesforce, and the populated values in the templates can only be values stored in salesforce - which can very much limit the usability. Additionally, open-email tracking doesn't seem to be the most reliable compared to other similar products.

Kevin

Reviewed on 06/06/2018

Cirrus is helpful for Gmail when it comes to tracking your email opens and offering reminders.

It logged all of my outbound emails to Salesforce, tracked my email opens, provided analytics on the email opens/clicks/replies, as well as offered great functionality to stay on top of your work like "Send Later" or "Remind Me Later".

Pros

The best thing about Cirrus is how you can have the software remind you of particular emails down the line.

I used this feature every day to make sure I can remain adequately organized.

Cons

In my experience, Cirrus has never been able to log inbound emails into Salesforce. Because of this, you always feel as if you're missing a part of the conversation.

This may simply be standard in this industry segment, but it would be much more convenient to have a unique task for every outbound AND inbound email.

Sasha

Reviewed on 10/05/2019

My review

Mostly good

Pros

That it syncs with SalesForce and Gmail, so I can work easily without jumping back and forth between platforms. Allows me

Cons

Often stops syncing so I have to go and resync often

Barbara
  • Industry: Market Research

Reviewed on 21/12/2021

Automate your CRM with Cirrus Insight

Pros

Having the link between Gmail and Salesforce is great! Not having to save emails and contacts, easy peasy

Cons

Sometimes Cirrus glitch in my Gmail. Despite being connected on Salesforce, it seems it's not and half of my email page is Cirrus trying to reconnect. Annoying.

Reviewed on 24/09/2019

Good for big organizations

Cirrus Insight has saved us a lot of time since our team has implemented it and has done wonders for our calendar and contact integration with our CRM. While the basic features can be found for free on some platforms, the powerful, unique features are worth the subscription.

Pros

Cirrus Insight is great for large organizations, particularly those running large CRM databases. The integration with Gmail allows for users to be more productive and to stay on one screen rather than switching tabs within a browser or perhaps across browsers. The integration is robust and features such as email sync, calendar sync and campaigns are very useful. Email templates also save a lot of time. The calendar scheduler is among the top features as well. Very powerful.

Cons

Many of the powerful features Cirrus Insight provides are not suited for a small organization, particularly those who do not launch large marketing campaigns. There are several features that are great in a vacuum but that our team is simply too small to leverage. No fault of Cirrus Insight; it is simply a suitability comment.

Bob
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 16/09/2020

A 'good' product when operational, with Cirrus nuisance self-promotion built in for free

Technical support is good at sending 'canned' responses.
I find myself frustrated that cirrus hasn't improved its usability.
Please give me two things every month that make your 'standard' features of Gmail to SalesForce work without me having to invoke extra keystrokes or drag picklists to see all available options.

Pros

I like the ability that Cirrus links to SalesForce and Gmail and locates recipients in the SalesForce database and links emails to the Account/Contact activity log

Cons

Cirrus is not reliable in locating related SalesForce contacts and particularly not reliable locating contacts when using the 'Add to SalesForce', 'Custom' option that allows linking an email to a standard related lists such as linking an email to Opportunity or Case- there are many examples of these issues that often I've thought to cut-and-paste and email into a SalesForce activity would be faster.

Another daily pain is when selecting another tab (instance) of Gmail, cirrus presents a sidebar that says, "Let's put this app to work!" When you're ready to go to work, you're required to click the "Continue" button, only to be greeted with another sidebar that says "Get More Done" that 'promotes/sells' cirrus features Book Meeting, Follow-Up Reminders, Sales Email Campaigns, Email Templates.
If you do not select the "Get To Work!" button cirrus is not functional.
Why is a productivity application like cirrus requiring me to tell cirrus separately to "Continue" and "Get To Work" when in fact these are redundant requests causing extra keystrokes? Why does not cirrus just start working for me without having to tell the application to start syncing my email (activities) to Gmail?

Cirrus is counter-productive for a productivity application.

Heather

Reviewed on 30/05/2018

Easy for even the "computer-challenged" to use

It allows for us to easily log emails into SF plus create follow up tasks. The best feature is the "send later" so you can type emails as you're working but send them at a future time!

Pros

It is easy to use and they are updating and adding features often to stay competitive with Salesforce Inbox. We decided not to switch to SF Inbox because we have had such a positive experience with Cirrus plus Cirrus costs less!

Cons

We have had little to no issues with Cirrus and when we do have an issue, the resolution is always simple: go to the download page & redownload the application which has always fixed every issue we have had. Nothing else negative comes to mind!

Manuel Antonio
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Reviewed on 27/08/2018

The easiest way to connect your Salesforce and Gmail together

You nearly double your efficiency in client reach out simply by not having to go back and forth between your email and your Salesforce. The added value this sky rocketing extension brings to your team is simply baffling

Pros

Cirrus Insight allows you to seamlessly connect your Gmail and your Salesforce together, allowing you to integrate all of the crm information of your client while you're working at the comfort of your email inbox. It's as if both programs merged into one!

Cons

If I'm really, really picky about it, I'd love to have integrations like these with other CRM software besides Salesforce, but in general, Tha add on will save your time

• Industry: Media Production

Time saver!!!

Significant time savings.

Pros

Genuinely saves a ton of time scheduling meetings. I've received compliments from folks that have used it to get on my schedule. The ability to toggle time zones or indicate that no times available work are great. There's a link in the calendar invite to reschedule if needed. So much better than the back and forth of scheduling via email! I also love the email tracking features. SO handy to be able to see when and where an email is opened and what links have been clicked.

Cons

Sends 2 separate emails every time someone schedules. One when they select a time and a second one when they actually accept the calendar invite. Occasionally it will log out and takes a bit to figure out how to get it to show up again.

Brad

Reviewed on 10/10/2017

Best Sales Side Automation for Sales Reps connected to Salesforce CRM

Seamless integration to Gmail, Salesforce and Meeting Requests for Calendar invites. Better sales cadence outreach functionality, easy management of sales campaigns, visibility to the sales process through Cirrus Insight Flight Plans. Saves rep time and double entry of key information around the sales process with Salesforce CRM. Allows our sales team to spend time on key leads that are ready to engage.

Pros

The ability to update Salesforce leads, opportunities and events from gmail. Also the built in calendar function and meeting scheduling is seamless across Gmail and Salesforce. Eliminates double entry in the crm , calendar meetings and your daily email communications. Saves time and provides real-time opens and reads on the mobile interface. The new Flight Plans option allows for sales automation and cadence set up for sequence follow ups and lead and prospect nurture. Very strong for any salesrep to set up their own cadences as well as group cadences defined by Sales Leadership. Deep functionality for affordable user pricing. If your moving into sales automation it is a must have for reps to save time and manage productivity. The ability to add leads and prospects to Flight Plan (Cadence) or remove is extremely easy for anyone to take advantage of.

Hannah

Reviewed on 14/05/2019

Great product - it's the missing link between email and Salesforce

This product is great and improves my workflow daily. I've had a great experience working with them.

Pros

This product has eliminated all excuses from my team about not logging things in Salesforce. It makes the process SO easy and has lots of bonus features that allow you to keep your Salesforce data updated without ever leaving your email inbox. I also use the delayed email feature a ton!

Cons

The software gets periodically logged out, and you may not always realize it. When that happens, your meetings and emails no longer auto-log.

Jason

Reviewed on 25/01/2017

Makes logging Salesforce activity right from my inbox a breeze!

As a season sales leader, the Cirrus Insight tool provides my team considerable ROI in keeping them within their Inbox and streamlining Salesforce updates. Gone are the days of spending an hour at the end of your day to log all of your sales activity and opportunity updates. The accuracy of my reports, pipelines, and forecasts have all drastically increased as a result of the Cirrus tool. When transitioning accounts, a sales rep can very easily view detailed notes and account activity captured by the CIrrus tool to seamlessly maintain account/sales momentum.

Pros

Ease of use, UI, and streamlined ability to update records and activity in Salesforce

Adam

Reviewed on 03/05/2019

How Cirrus is embedded into our business process

Cirrus is a fundamental part of our business process. We easily record All our important emails, write file notes and tasks all within our email. All this is achieved within our email system without having to login Salesforce.

Pros

Cirrus allows us to easily assign important emails to our contacts and opportunities to meet our legislated record keeping requirements.

Cons

Each email needs to be individually checked at the close of a deal to ensure it has been allocated to the client and opportunity. A bulk process function would save even more time.

Patrick
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 03/05/2019

I loved them when I had them

I could youse templates to have a call to action from my clients - then click a button to have them book a time. sometimes I would send the email later with the scheduling tab. It made me look professional and I really was able to stead ahead of the client vs play catch-up

Pros

It seamlessly integrated with my Gmail account and my calendars. It worked well- people understand how to use it and the software was always correct it never malfunctioned

Cons

sometimes when you started up your computer you would have to manually sink everything.

• Industry: Publishing

Reviewed on 10/01/2018

Good e-mail software with some clunkiness

Pros

Easy to set up and sync with SFDC ; Meeting builder feature is very nifty ; side bar in Outlook has a ton of information and cuts down the need to go back and forth between Outlook and SFDC for sales related information

Cons

UI is not intuitive ; it's not obvious what steps you need to take to add an e-mail, though once you do it a few times it's pretty straightforward. Templates are really nifty, but don't seem to work correctly when working with SFDC specific fields.

Great Software, OK Support

Core product works great. Expect changes around features and growing pains — this is a you d company trying to do everything.

Pros

Really full features. Fantastic to be able to share templates, link emails to Salesforce, ‘send later’, provide one-click scheduling to prospects.

Cons

Customer Support was weak, especially for now-pulled Non-Salesforce product. Took the company 6 weeks to track down an login error caused by our users’ G Suite Email addresses involving capital letters!

Will
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 03/05/2019

Powerful tool for syncing communications to Salesforce

Pros

Cirrus Insight is a very powerful tool. It quickly and easily links your email communications to Salesforce. It is also a faster way to access records and involves a lot less clicks than the Salesforce interface.

I also use and appreciate the scheduling tool and follow-up reminder alerts.

Cons

Cirrus Insight can be a little opaque. For instance, when you restart your browser, CI will fail to load in Gmail. There is nowhere to “turn it on;” you just have to refresh the tab and wait for it to appear. This is not a regular occurrence, but when it happens, it’s annoying.

Zach

Reviewed on 26/07/2019

No more manually recording emails

Better traceability for sales teams

Pros

I love the seamless integration with Salesforce, as a salesperson I never have to worry about double logging my activities and keeps all of my conversations consolidated in one spot. The tracking and open features are also very handy for my follow ups.

Cons

Being a chrome extension, Cirrus does seem to run into bugs frequently since it is dependent upon Google.

• Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 22/11/2019

Great add on for Gmail

I have found this to be an essential tools to log and track key communication.

Pros

Cirrus Insight is an essential link between Salesforce and Gmail. It makes tracking communication seamless from your email inbox.

Cons

The software is generally easy to use and integrate. Sometimes the side panel can make the email screen too small to read easier but it can be collapsed if your not actively using it.