Buddy Punch Reviews

About Buddy Punch

Buddy Punch is a cloud-based time clock solution suitable for businesses of all sizes. Key features include overtime calculating, GPS tracking, PTO accrual, time card approval and job costing. Buddy Punch enables employees to...

4.7

Browse Buddy Punch Reviews

Katrina
Katrina
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 23/01/2019

Great time keeping app

Great app, check in and out with accuracy, keep in contact with supervisors and can submit photos for proof of visit if not using GPS.

Pros

I am an Event Specialist with Deluvia Inc, they upgraded from emailing and faxing my time sheets in to this system. They are out of state so this is a great way for them to keep up with my time while doing "Road Shows". I arrive at my location, open the app and sign in, my employers do require me to attach photos so I snap a photo of the store front before entering. While there, I setup my samples and take a few photos of my presentation to attach when I clock out. I like that I can see my schedule, even though I already know my Road Shows are 11 days back to back for each demo. It takes out 39 minutes for my lunch and keeps up with my total hours so I can accurately calculate my check. They can leave messages after each shift end set of photos. I have seen a few where they wanted to see different angles or my face more throughout my presentations. I've also been told my samples looked yummy, I left messages and asked questions that were answered. This is a good app to have when your employer is out of your area.

Cons

The only thing I found odd was I could log in anytime during my employment, but couldn't do so between Road Shows. I wanted to look at my schedules and could gain access to the app. Other than this hiccup, the app works fine. Deluvia gets my time and there are no shortages on my check.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you for the review, it is great to hear that you're using our smartphone app as well as our notes and photos on punches feature. We have a few limiting options for employers and that is why you weren't able to login while outside of the show. Thanks again!

Replied 24/01/2019
Bryan

Reviewed on 23/01/2024

BuddyPunch: Time Tracking made easy

BuddyPunch has been very helpful and I am glad my organization made the switch from our previous tracker to BuddyPunch. As mentioned earlier, the ease of use of BuddyPunch is what separates it from a lot of competitors.

Pros

BuddyPunch makes employee time tracking very easy. Employees just need to be within a geofence (if one is set up) log in and punch in/punch out. They don't have to jump through endless steps for something that should be straightforward. The user interface is also very user friendly.

Cons

When integrating hours from BuddyPunch to QBO, it'll sometimes error out and you'll have to go back in a submit the hours that it did submit the initial time. It does not happen a lot, but when it does you just need to be sure to catch it to ensure all hours are submitted accurately.

BambooHR

Reasons for Choosing Buddy Punch

Ease of use and more options for the employees we had.

QuickBooks Time

Reasons for Switching to Buddy Punch

We chose BuddyPunch over other products after using their trial run to see how much you could actually do on BuddyPunch, it was just best fit for us.

Response from Buddy Punch

Hi Bryan, we're so happy to hear that Buddy Punch is making a positive difference in your daily operations. Keeping things straightforward and user-friendly is our goal. It's fantastic that you're finding value in our service since the switch. Your feedback is much appreciated – thanks for being with us!

Replied 24/01/2024
Annette
  • Industry: Government Relations

Reviewed on 03/06/2024

Review of Buddy punch

Pros

Easy to use. Even on your cellphone and within short distance.

Cons

It doesn't recognize punch in sometimes.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thanks for your feedback, Annette! We're glad you find the system user-friendly :) If you experience any other issues with punching in, let us know. We're always here to assist!

Replied 07/06/2024

Top Buddy Punch Alternatives

Danielle

Reviewed on 22/02/2024

Easy to use and gets the job done

Using buddy punch has been very easy to use and does 90% of what we were looking for.

Pros

Ease of use and user friendly for everyone.

Cons

Would be nice to have a feature that can email you the timesheets weekly one a certain day in nice format like on buddy punch not in excel spread sheet where you have to make sure to autofit the columns to see all the info.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you for your feedback, Danielle. It's great to know that Buddy Punch's ease of use and remote clock-in features are serving your team well. We understand the importance of having timesheets easily accessible by email in a user-friendly format and are exploring improvements based on your suggestion. We aim to cover that last 10% and fully meet your needs :)

Replied 26/02/2024
Carlos

Reviewed on 06/05/2024

Easy to use and streamlined

Pros

Super easy to report time and have employees correct mistakes they make while tracking time, so its less of a burden for the admin office to validate

Cons

i feel like all the features are good and well designed. there is nothing that i feel that i "like least".

Response from Buddy Punch

We're thrilled that you find the system easy to use and effective for managing time and corrections. Carlos, it's great that it's lessening the burden on your admin team. We appreciate your positive feedback!

Replied 07/05/2024
Kelsie

Reviewed on 30/01/2024

Great Time Management

Pros

Easy to clock in from anywhere and still manage how much time you've worked in a day. Easily tells you when you've gone past 8hrs, and also great for seeing when your team members are clocked in or out.

Cons

Wish the time wasn't in decimal form so that it's easier to tell how much time you should work without going into overtime.

Response from Buddy Punch

Hi Kelsie, we're thrilled you find clocking in and managing work hours a breeze with Buddy Punch, not to mention keeping an eye on team activity. Your feedback about the decimal time format is super helpful – we aim to make time tracking as intuitive as possible. Thanks a bunch for your valuable insights!

Replied 06/02/2024
Patsy
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 08/04/2024

User Friendly

Pros

I really appreciate how user-friendly Buddy Punch is. It's so easy to navigate.

Cons

I haven't encountered any issues yet. It has been a simple and effortless experience.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you for your kind words about Buddy Punch! We're so glad you’ve found it easy to use. Remember, our support team is just a message away if you ever need any assistance.

Replied 12/04/2024
Dale
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 28/05/2024

Buddy Punch

Pros

For a small company like ours, it meets the needs of the payroll compliance.

Cons

It is difficult to delete transactions/punches. The defaulting to the current day when you are editing or entering for another day.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you for your feedback, Dale! We're glad our system suits your company's payroll compliance requirements. We appreciate your comments on deleting transactions and the date settings and will have our development team look at ways to improve! Until then, if you encounter any difficulties, don't hesitate to get in touch with our support team for assistance.

Replied 30/05/2024
Matt
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 08/07/2024

Olympic Hyundai Niagara Falls Buddy Punch Review

the experience has been good, easy to track for time off requests.

Pros

ease of the system, and we like the monbile app

Cons

people sometimes have a problem signing out

Response from Buddy Punch

Thanks, Matt! It's great that you and your team like the ease of the system and that tracking time off requests has been easy for you. If there are issues with signing out, feel free to reach out. We're always happy to help :)

Replied 10/07/2024
Moefao

Reviewed on 21/05/2024

Honest and reliable

Experiencing this new tech of punching in I don't have any doubt using this new method, I don't even have to complain that my hours are short because I punch in and notice its right in front eyes the exactly hours I worked through the day.

Pros

Easily access on time not only that specifically access on my own working area.

Cons

No comment on this side. Buddy punch not lying. I can witness I punch in at the same time.

Response from Buddy Punch

Appreciate the feedback, Moefao! It's great to know our punch-in feature is reliable and easy to use for you. We're here if you need anything!

Replied 22/05/2024
CHRISTINA
  • Industry: Information Services

Reviewed on 26/07/2021

Buddy Punch Review

Pros

Ease of use and online accessibility. Easily to use reports.

Cons

Time Card Approval is a little redundant and repetitive.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Christina for your review, it is great to hear you are finding us easy to use. Our time card approval feature is an optional one, it can be turned off it not needed. Thanks again!

Replied 27/07/2021
CONNIE
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Reviewed on 22/12/2020

Buddy Punch Review

I had used other more expensive systems at previous employers and Buddy Punch has be more than sufficient for our size of business. It is easy to run the reports- PTO, location of services, and the geofence. My favorite time in option was the facial recognition- the main problem with it was if someone had a beard and then shaved it or got a major change in hair styles we had to take their picture again.

Pros

Buddy Punch is easy to set up and use. Once staff is set up in Buddy Punch they are able to manage their time cards with min assistance. We have used the facial recognition and the scan code- The facial recognition works the most consistently. It is pretty self explanatory for staff to be able to put in PTO for approval and add notes if they need a time adjustment because they forgot to time in or out. There are several reports we use including the location worked, pto, and the location of timing in or out. We had staff that would time in or out from their car on their phone when they were to time in and out on the computer. We were able to monitor that and reinstruct the staff.

Cons

When an employee needs to be removed from the active payroll it takes a few weeks for the persons name to be moved to the inactive list. We tried using the QR codes for timing in and out but the staff would forget their card, the computer would not recognize the card or if their was a poor light, it would be difficult to get it read.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Connie for the review! It is great to hear that you're utilizing many of our features including Facial Recognition and that you're finding us easy to use! Also in regards to the inactive employees, you are not charged for inactive users but you'll still see a time card for them in case they had any time worked for the pay period or if you wanted to add any manually. Them having a time card doesn't affect their inactive status. Thanks again for the review and your business, we appreciate it!

Replied 23/12/2020
Xenia
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 07/08/2017

Easy and easily accessible from anywhere!

Ease of use for employees and administrator alike

Pros

I love many things about this software!
1) It is self-explanatory. Even the most technically-challenged employee can figure out how to use it, for the most part.
2) Edits are made by the employee, and approved by the administrator where other programs require the administrator to make all the changes. This can be daunting depending on how many edits and how many employees there are that need them in a single pay period. With BuddyPunch, it's super easy to get employees to take responsibility for their own errors and edits.
3) This program is available even when our electricity goes out or our server goes down. And it doesn't take up any space on our server. The other time clock software we used to use was always a challenge for our IT experts to reload when they were doing updates due to the amount of space it took up on our server and because it wasn't updated to current technology standards available today. Employees are even able to clock in when they're outside the office doing work.
4) I like that employee messages and their times show up in the same report.

Cons

The time card reports are what I like least about this software. Each employee's time card report has to be downloaded separately. I would prefer that all employees show up on one report for more convenience. I end up copying and pasting each employee's excel report into one excel spreadsheet each pay period.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you for your review Xenia, we appreciate you taking the time! Thank you for pointing out all of the features in your review, including the editing ability for employees and the approval on your end. This can be an overlooked feature that I know helps when managing employees. Also thank you for the feedback on the time cards, we'll look into making that a batch process. Also take a look at the Payroll Export, which is another report that shows time worked for each employee each pay period, it usually provides the data you need. Let us know if you need anything else, and thanks again!

Replied 07/08/2017
Josh
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Reviewed on 08/08/2019

Good Product

Pros

It has a very simple interface, easy to punch in and out as well as check timecards. I think both the desktop version and the smartphone version were well-designed. It doesn't try to do too much and make things complicated, since the main purpose is just to clock in and out, and it efficiently allows the user to do exactly that.

Cons

I don't really have any complaints. Maybe the only thing I don't like is that any time I have to make an adjustment (perhaps I forgot to clock out and it automatically logs me out after 11 hours, or I have to adjust a past day's time) it keeps it at "pending" and requires approval from my supervisor. This makes sense, but I'd make one exception- If I'm adjusting the time stamp to shorten my hours, I think it would make sense to not require supervisor approval. Obviously an employee suddenly changing their clock-in times to appear longer should require a supervisor's approval, but shortening the time seems to me like it shouldn't need approval. Or, allowing the employer to decide the settings to assign which situations do or do not need supervisor approval (or perhaps this is already the case and my employer just set it up this way, I'm not sure).

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you for the review Josh, it is great to hear that you're finding both the website and our smartphone apps well designed and easy to use. In regards to permission for changes yes your administrator controls whether or not you need approval. Thanks again!

Replied 09/08/2019
Mike

Reviewed on 10/09/2016

How good is buddypunch?

Turns out its preetttyyy gooood.

Was looking for an app that helped manage employee punching in/out for small businesses and did a bunch of trials before finding BuddyPunch. The other apps that I found were often not what I was looking for or did not have a focus on employee punch-in/outs.

Found buddypunch and it does exactly what I need it to. The UI is very well designed, the administrator makes employee accounts and employees just go to the website, log in, and push the big green button.

They then log in again to punch out but the big green button will be a big red button this time.
Very simple, very easy, does employee punch-ins, does it well. Also got an IP-Lock feature so employees can only punch in on-site.

There are some other features like wage calculations based on punch-in time, overtime stuff, and other things that I don't use but they seemed pretty useful if I ever choose to use them.

Pros

Good design

Intuitive

Focused on employee punching in and out. No gimmicks you have to do, no hoops you have to jump through to get it going.

Cons

People can only be automatically punched out after X hours. Not X and a half or X and a quarter. But you set the X so I got that going for me which is nice.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Lei for the 10/10 review! We really appreciate the thought you put into it and the highlighting of some of our features. I'm glad that the User Interface (UI) is easy to use and understand. When we're designing features we always think of how they're being used and how it affects both the employee and administrator's daily experience. Thanks again, we appreciate your business.

Replied 12/09/2016
Kim

Reviewed on 07/06/2022

Simple to use

So far, the Buddy Punch App has saved me time with the weekly payroll timecards. I don't have to depend on the employee turning in their timecard in person on Monday morning. It is especially helpful because they work on multiple jobsites and not in the office

Pros

I like that the employees can clock in and out on their phones since we have construction sites where there isn't a mobile office. It also lets them select the job they are working for so we can have accurate billing. It is helpful for our laborers who are often on multiple projects throughout the day. As an administrator, I like that I can access it from my phone or desktop. I use the feature to filter out the hours bases on the job, I like that I can see all the hours worked on a job for the week, and it is totaled up for me. we also use the GPS feature, I like that it shows me where they were when they clock in, in particular if they meant to select a different job and picked one by accident, we can narrow it down by GPS

Cons

It don't have a least favorite part about the software. It just takes a minute t become familiar to the options and how it works.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Kim for the review, it is great to hear that you're making use of our GPS feature and that you're finding us easy to use. We appreciate your business!

Replied 16/06/2022
Domanic
  • Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 08/10/2019

Buddy Punch Review

Buddy Punch has streamlined the clock-in/clock-out system for the firm I work for. Previous employers used different systems for timekeeping and they always seemed to cause more of an issue at the end of the month when billing and payroll would hit.

Pros

I like that there a very little functions, meaning that the software is simple to navigate and understand. I also prefer being able to see my time cards for my own personal use instead of having to ask the administrator for the information that I am looking for.

Cons

Instead of having to 'punch out' and then back into another category (i.e. from Regular Time to Lunch and/or Paid Break) the user should be able to simply select the area they wish to punch into and then a pop-up menu provides two options 1. Punch In? 2. Punch Out? and that would simplify the use of time cards. Additionally, having email reminders for regular lunch and break times could be a beneficial feature for some users.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Domanic for the review, it is great to hear you are finding us simple to navigate and understand. Also thank you for the feedback, and we actually do have reminders for lunches, punching back in, etc too! They can be sent via push message to a mobile device or via email. Thanks again.

Replied 10/10/2019
Rafael
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 04/08/2016

Payroll Time Savior

After using paper time cards for over a year, spending many frustrating hours a week reviewing, verifying, inputting and analyzing employee punches and then finding a place to keep the paper cards for our records, we were fed up. We looked for an affordable and easy to implement solution. We used the Buddy Punch trial and within a week, we knew this was the solution we were looking for. Setting up locations, employees and punch restrictions was extremely easy. The timecard punches can easily be updated by managers from any location. The email notifications keep managers on top of missed punches, and with the variety of exportable reports we have been able to complete labor analysis quickly and accurately. Before we began Buddy Punch, completing a weekly labor analysis would take over an hour and a half. Between contacting the locations to send the timecards, manually entering daily hours, deciphering notes scribbled on the cards and updating labor information for new employees we had enough! Now the process is as simple as logging on, setting the date range, exporting a CSV and migrating the data into an analysis template. What used to take over an hour, takes roughly 20 minutes. Another major perk for our catering department is having the ability to require GPS location for login when employees begin and end off-site. This feature has made labor tracking more accurate and dependable, as we no longer have to rely on the site manager to send email updates about employee punches. The customer support at Buddy Punch is also quick to respond and very informative. I would highly recommend Buddy Punch to businesses looking for an affordable and effective timekeeping solution.

Pros

Update timecards anywhere, easy to add, remove, update employees, several reports that export easily.

Cons

None

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you very much Rafael for the review, we could not have said it better! My favorite quote from your review was that Buddy Punch was "extremely easy," we really do strive for that every day. Thanks again, we really appreciate your business!

Replied 09/08/2016
Alex
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 19/04/2023

Simply the BEST in the industry -

Pros

Buddy Punch is incredibly user friendly, easy to navigate, and has all the right tools and more for every day on-site or remote operations. Their customer support is second to NONE - always super responsive and knowledgeable while providing BEYOND this world stellar customer service. Regardless of industry - Buddy Punch is a great and reliable tool to improve efficiency and productivity.

Cons

The mobile experience could benefit from adding features only available on the browser and there are some reporting metrics that are missing but these are all minor items as the platform is very incredibly solid overall.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Alex for the review and kind words about our support team. We really do try to make it best in class and we're happy to hear that it shows! We appreciate your business!

Replied 20/04/2023
Rhonda

Reviewed on 18/01/2024

The Champion of Employee Time Tracking

Pros

Buddy Punch is super easy to use, and has all the features one would need to have an efficient time tracking system. The customer service is top tier, and the reps are incredibly knowledgeable. Not only is Buddy Punch easy to use, but it is affordable, even for a small business. I've recommended Buddy Punch to others, and they love it. Glad I found them.

Cons

There aren't any cons that I have come across since using Buddy Punch.

Response from Buddy Punch

We're absolutely delighted to know that Buddy Punch has been super easy to use and efficient for your time tracking needs, Rhonda. Your kind words about our customer service and the affordability for small businesses are greatly appreciated. It's wonderful to hear about your recommendations and the positive feedback from others. Thank you for being such a strong advocate for Buddy Punch!

Replied 19/01/2024
Josh
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 23/01/2023

Lopez Electric Time Clock

Pros

We mainly use BuddyPunch for time clock feature and use the GPS feature to track where our employees clock in and out since they do so at a remote site. The feature is accurate and is easy to use on our employees phones. If there are any issues it is easy for the administrator to log in and correct them.

Cons

There's not much bad to say about the software. We are a small company and we do not integrate BuddyPunch with our payroll, so the only thing that is an issue is trying to print out the timecards without cutting off some of the clock in time's.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Josh for the review, it is great to hear that you're making use of our GPS feature and that your employees are finding us easy to use. If you ever need any help with report formatting please let us know, we are happy to take a look. We appreciate your business!

Replied 25/01/2023
  • Industry: Veterinary

Reviewed on 02/10/2023

Employee Scheduling

Besides being easy to use, the buddy Punch team is knowledgeable and can answer any question you might have about the software.

Pros

Easy to use. Many of my employees are students with ever changing schedules. Buddy Punch is easy to use and change schedules weekly or even daily as things come up. BP tracks the time the employee is logged in so I don't have to.

Cons

No cons. It does everything I need in scheduling and time tracking.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you David for the review, it is great to hear that you're making use of our scheduling feature and that everyone on your team is finding us easy to use. We appreciate your business!

Replied 04/10/2023
Pamela

Reviewed on 22/12/2022

Buddy Punch Review

Great platform and Customer service.

Pros

Customer Service - [SENSITIVE CONTENT] assistance is AWESOME

Cons

Cannot add a new hirer in the system on a day when PTO accruals is applied. So if new employee comes on board I have to wait until after

ADP TotalSource

Reasons for Switching to Buddy Punch

Cost & Service

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you for the review Pamela, it is great to hear that our customer service has been awesome! In regards to the PTO accrual balance - you can optionally always manually increase/decrease a balance as needed. Thanks again!

Replied 23/12/2022
Lindsey
  • Industry: Public Safety

Reviewed on 25/03/2019

L. Bruce

My employees love this system since they do not have to come to the building to login. We are a Police Department and sometimes they need to respond to a call and cannot come in to clock in until later. On the previous system we used the Officer would have to fill out paperwork explaining why they did not clock in. Now they can clock in when they get to the call location or if they forget they can punch in later and adjust the time and write a short reason why they had to adjust the time. This helps decrease paperwork and helps the employee.

Pros

I like Buddy Punch because it is web based and the app is also a plus. Easy to access and a great way to keep up with time and PTO.

Cons

My least favorite part is that it is sometimes hard to navigate if you are in a hurry. You have to go back to screens once you enter information. If you have to enter information on an employee several times you have to either hit the back arrow or search for their information again to proceed with the entry.

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Lindsey for the review, it's great to hear that your employees are loving Buddy Punch! Also thanks for the feedback, I'll message you to see what area you are referring to as you shouldn't have to hit back or search for an employee again after entering information. Thanks again!

Replied 26/03/2019
Henry
  • Industry: Warehousing

Reviewed on 28/06/2022

Our partner Buddy Punch

Our experience here for the time keeping and personal/vacation/holiday time keeping has been seamless and very easy and quick to learn.

Pros

The interaction with the the different sections is seamless once a person learns all the processes that relate to time in and time off. Having the availability of the calendar option makes keeping up with personal time very simple. The features that allow changes to time and scheduling are made simple and are quick and easy to perform.

Cons

Integration with our payroll service could be easier and more user friendly

Response from Buddy Punch

Thank you Henry for the review, it is great to hear that you are finding us simple and easy to use. I'm glad that our Time Off tracking feature is working out well for your business.

Replied 29/06/2022