Carsforsale.com Reviews

About Carsforsale.com

Carsforsale.com is a cloud-based marketing solution, which helps automotive businesses manage multiple lead channels and track conversions. Its key features include document management, photo overlays, appointment scheduling and...

Browse Carsforsale.com Reviews

2,217 of 2,217 reviews
Mercedes
Mercedes

Reviewed on 08/06/2023

Love the Service!

Love the service! Easy to use and very affordable

Pros

The website and integration of third party services is great quality and included!

Cons

Would like to be able to include more BHPH reports and payment history

Pete

Reviewed on 27/03/2024

Carsforsale is best platform for dealer website and search engine

Superb
I have had a great experience...been with carsforsale for about 15 years

Pros

You can't beat the price ! What your get for the price is an easy simplified website which is easy to manage

Cons

I really don't have an answer for that
I like everything about it

Rich
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 22/03/2024

Good price for a product that helps

Great. I use it every day, but they dont update me on new features

Pros

It is easy to use! We love it for website integration

Cons

I feel like they don't keep up with technology

Response from Carsforsale.com

Rich, Thank you for your review. Our team would love to speak to you about any product updates. Please give us a call at (866) 388-9778.

Replied 26/03/2024
Gary

Reviewed on 27/03/2024

Used Car Dealership

Pros

Carsforsale.com helps market our used car inventory to anyone in the area. It is fast and easy to add or remove inventory from the website. It also allows communication between us and potential customers. The price is reasonable for the features provided. Good customer service throughout the years.

Cons

Carsforsale.com doesn't have the option to automatically share a vehicle onto craigslist, though there is a way that you can manually post it onto craigslist and other platforms.

Taylor

A Great Service for Auto Dealers

In my role, I work with CFS support on a biweekly basis to update content on our website include our customized webpages for our other business departments.

Pros

CFS works for our business to help us manage inventory, market our inventory and attract leads.

Cons

Working with CFS to develop the webpages for our additional departments has been difficult at times. They do not have predetermined templates to work with, so you do have to put in some effort to get the pages where you would like them.

Reviewed on 28/03/2024

Great tool and great people!

From day one they have been very helpful in getting setup and any changes I need made.

Pros

Very easy to use and awesome customer service.

Cons

I have no cons for Carsforsale. They have been great to work with.

MILO

Reviewed on 26/03/2024

AUTOLIKAC4SALE

Figure out to generate more leads and people would pay more for this product

Pros

The price point is the only thing I like about this product. We use because the price is right.

Cons

It does not generate many leads but the price makes it worth it.

Shannon

Reviewed on 16/08/2023

Couldn’t do it without you

Easy

Pros

Invaluable resource, help to keep website updated and enjoy the tools for history and value

Cons

No real draw back, At least none the I have found

Anthony

Cheap Effective and Works

Pros

Cheap and Effective it just works no frills for a website with inventory. Best value in auto

Cons

There isn't much to dislike. You know exactly what you're getting, and if that's what you're after, then it's perfect.

DAVID

Reviewed on 29/03/2024

Lepage's Review

Pros

Easy to use, customer support and value.

Cons

When a car is advertised as a "Base" when it has leather and roof but no navigation. Why does it have to say anything? I've brought this up multiple times.

DOUG

Reviewed on 28/03/2024

POWER ON AUTO REVIEW OF CARSFORSALE

OVERALL VERY SATISFIED. CUSTOMER SERVICE IS ALWAYS AVAILABLE.

Pros

EASE OF USE. WORKS WITH OUR SOFTWARE OF FRAZER TO CONTROL OUR WEBSITE.

Cons

LIKE TO HAVE MORE CONTROL OF ADJUSTING WEBSITE

Kyle

Reviewed on 21/08/2023

Used car Dealer

Pros

access to my web site and pictures down loading to cars for sale and wy web site in 1 easy step.

Cons

make it eaiser to connect to social media

Susan

Reviewed on 07/10/2021

Control your inventory with a few clicks

The ability to display the current inventory to the public is a great benefit and a must have in these COVID Pandemic times.

Pros

The software allows you to complete the task of adding new inventory, or editing existing inventory simple. The step by step process assures that you don't forget any of the important details. The ability to scan the VIN barcode and automatically display vehicle specifics is a real time saver.

Cons

The need to input mileage and price for each vehicle when you are displaying "email for price" or "email for mileage is a waste of time. Although the ability to display videos of inventory is available, you have to first publish the video elsewhere and input the URL into CarsForSale, which is too much trouble and time consuming. Being able to instantly take video and upload directly would be very helpful. Additionally I have been unable to find a way to bring a "SOLD" vehicle back into inventory, except to completely reenter everything. If this feature is available it is not clear how to use it.

Stephanie

Reviewed on 07/11/2022

The best 3rd party partner we have

We get a great product and great service.

Pros

The back end product for listing our cars is far superior in everyway to any other we have used. They are also the easiest to get ahold of when we need help and every person who answers the phone is knowledgeable.

Cons

The only thing we don't like is that when Carsforsale converted over to a new system we lost 2 very helpful functions. The first was that we had the ability on our website to print off a vehicle fact sheet which our customers loved and found very helpful. The 2nd thing we lost was that previously on our website the stock number was on the search page. This was extremely helpful to us because we carry 20-30 identical vans (same year, make, model) It was extremely helpful to us when a customer inquired about these vans we could easily decipher which van they were looking at. It is very difficult now to tell them apart without clicking into each individual van.

STEVE

Reviewed on 04/11/2019

Great Tool

whenever I call in for help, I am able to resolve my issue. Usually is just user error!

Pros

Easy to add inventory and check on VINs. Great for uploading pictures as they are formatted as the best format needed for the website.

Cons

integration with Craigslist and Marketplace could use some work

Reasons for Choosing Carsforsale.com

Dealer Car Search is not as well known so when searching the internet, my stuff didn't show up as readily as Cars for Sale

Reasons for Switching to Carsforsale.com

Better exposure on the internet

Response from Carsforsale.com

Hi Steve, our customer service team tried reaching out to you but, unfortunately, we weren't able to catch you. If you get a chance, please give us a call back to discuss some of our tools to help you leverage them for the maximum amount of leads possible. Give us a call at (866) 388-9778 and we'll walk you through next steps with our integrations.

Replied 15/11/2019
Amy

Reviewed on 13/11/2020

Helps my business grow

Customer service is top tier. We always get a happy person (no automated responses) willing to help, quick on follow up and answers our questions. We've been extremely satisfied with how Carsforsale was one of the first to integrate with Facebook and has continued to add the latest and greatest technology to help our business grow -- like chat/text responses, COVID messages and social media.

Pros

The software is easy to use, mobile friendly, and stays up to date with the latest advancements and features you are seeing out there.

Cons

Leads must be answered in the software instead of in the CRM. Doesn't not automatically automate with our inventory management software -- which I admit is very old. You have found a work around for us, which I appreciate tremendously, just wish the updates were a little more frequent.

Dealertrack DMS and DealerCenter

Reasons for Switching to Carsforsale.com

best bang for the buck. Pricing was perfect for a small independent dealer like us who can't afford to spend hundreds of dollars a month to get our inventory on the web. It was simple, effective and affordable.
Connor

Reviewed on 13/12/2021

Cars For Sale Overview

Overall, I love CFS. It is very easy to use and navigate. All the features are great and can be very helpful to anybody especially those who are just starting out in this business. Anybody new here I would definitely recommend this software. I don't see us switching to anybody else. Why would we?

Pros

Cars for sale does a lot of things right. It is very easy to use and navigate. I haven't really found myself "stuck" or looking for something for 10 minutes. Lead tracking and inventory management are probably used daily. We love them here and will not switch to any other provider.

Cons

The only thing that I would like to see CFS do different would be website customization. Not a huge deal but it would be nice to make changes myself rather than email in and have them do it.

Dan

Reviewed on 29/09/2020

Great option for used dealership startups

Overall great experience. For $99 the service is a bargain. US based company with domestic support. A great value.

Pros

Very easy to use. It gets the job done for small dealerships starting out. Very easy to post vehicles and software is relatively glitch free.

Cons

All of it's features are as basic as they come. When adding a vehicle, you are only able to log 1 cost for the vehicle and doesn't give you the option to add more. Just 1 cost line. CRM is very basic and does not have the ability to distinguish where the leads are coming from.

Alicia

Reviewed on 25/02/2020

Can't Be Beat

The value carsforsale offers can't be beat! They stay up to date on the latest trends and have a great customer support. The easy to use software makes it fast to make changes to your website, vehicles and print multiple forms as well.

Pros

Quick and easy to make changes, great customer service, quality product for a fantastic price. There isn't anything I don't like!

Cons

When trying to print the window sticker the margins are not set correctly so they get cut off. In order to use I have to transfer them to a word doc and edit them.

Reasons for Choosing Carsforsale.com

Very small private company that was slow and didn't offer much

Reasons for Switching to Carsforsale.com

I found it to be the best value and were the nicest. I felt like what they were telling me was true and they were not just pressuring me for a sale.
Danielle

Reviewed on 30/10/2020

I'm really considering switching to Carfax

When I started here five years ago, I had never sold cars before. This is the first and only software I've ever used and it's comfortable and familiar. Over the last five years the software has grown and changed in many positive and efficient ways. CFS customer service is top notch. There's never been an issue they couldn't solve for me quickly. But as your competitors grow and change, I can't help but notice there's a lot they can offer this company too. I do hope that I see more leads generated from CFS.com and more marketing campaigns in the near future. I'm rooting for you guys :)

Pros

I love the website and the customer service for the website. Very professional, easy to use and simple to update. One phone call and customer service did the rest.

The recent updates and addons in response to the pandemic are exceptional.

Text Leads - Brilliant. Works great, just wish customers utilized it more.

Mobile App - I use it all the time, especially when importing vehicles into inventory.

Cons

Lead generation is non-existent. I cannot recall the last time I got a lead from CFS.com. I never see TV commercials, social media ads, or SEO targeted ads from CFS. I don't see CFS advertise in the same capacity and frequency as competitors such as Carfax, Cars.com. If you're not consistently pulling new clients to your site to see my merchandise then what am I paying for? What is keeping me from going to Cars.com or Carfax for CRM? I feel as if I'm relying solely on my social media presence and website SEO when it was my understanding that customers could and would find our merchandise on CFS.com. Conclusion, brand recognition; get with it or get lost. Your competition is beating you and winning me over more and more everyday, especially CarFax. Not only is Carfax THE authority on car history reports, but they have impressive CRM software, awesome lead generation, top notch free marketing materials and the price is directly competing with CFS.

The recent security updates. Texting a code every time I want to review an application is tedious to say the least. Now I find myself printing applications, just so I can review them later. I never used to print, I would just open the doc in CFS. Now I'm wasting paper, which is wasting money and resources. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate how serious you take protecting sensitive info, I wish there was a more efficient way to do so.

Reviewed on 30/10/2019

Feedback

Pros

Speed, Easy of Use, Economical. The platform gives you a lot for the price.

Cons

SEO tools could improve or even been offered as a premium service. I feel SEO could be more powerful.

Dealer.com

Affordability

Dealer.com

Reasons for Switching to Carsforsale.com

Platform was the overall best option.
leo

Reviewed on 30/06/2020

easy to use

i like it.

Pros

make sure my product is price accordingly in my market.

Cons

getting the on line videos to work and online paperwork.

DealerCenter

Reasons for Choosing Carsforsale.com

more exposure and less expensive.

DealerCenter

Reasons for Switching to Carsforsale.com

easy to learn and master.
Mike

Reviewed on 04/11/2022

Excellent CRM

My experience with Carsforsale over the past 3+ years Overall has been fantastic I would not use a different CRM and have recommeded It to other colleagues in the auto industry

Pros

Cars for sale CRM is very easy to use very user friendly ith a lot of tools at your disposal From inventory reports to designing your website And many other helpful tools too many to list but they really do have it all figured out I've been using the CRM for over 3 years now and I've been in the car industry for 30 plus years and it is truly one of the best I've ever worked with. And most importantly customer support is spot on.

Cons

Off the top of my head there are only a couple of things that are a little glitchy like the photo overlay doesn't apply sometimes The Facebook interface is a little tricky And I would like to be able to go in and edit a Vin number when you 1st enter it if there is an incorrect digit you have to Delete that vehicle and start over other than that As I said everything is pretty spot on

Aubrie

Reviewed on 21/04/2022

Bad business

I have been using cars for sale through various dealers over the past few years. I finally started my own account and ended up getting canceled “shut down” My entire website I work so hard to build. I lost a lot of customers in the process trying to find a new company to support my needs and be honest. I was extremely upset how I was handled by the company it’s unfortunate Carsforsale.com has always been my number one recommendation for any dealer starting up until l lost everything actually Carsforsale.com took my payment for the month and then canceled me not allowing me to retrieve any of my information from the website At the time...
I have set up multiple accounts with carsforsale.com that are still open to this day, so your welcome however I would never refer anyone to you guys ever again.

Pros

It was very user friendly easy to navigate

Cons

I feel like there could have been a appointment scheduler or tracker. Something quick & easy to book clients from page. Text templates

Response from Carsforsale.com

Hi, Aubrie. It appears your account may have been proactively canceled due to inactivity. Our team would love to speak with you about your experience and discuss your website. Please give us a call at (866) 388-9778.

Replied 13/05/2022
William

Reviewed on 09/05/2023

Easy to use & Inexpensive for start-ups

We mainly use it for the website, inventory & finance applications. Great support teams in every Dept, depending on what your issue is.

Pros

Dealer Website & the support team that set it up. Price is the best we've seen.

Cons

No real CRM capabilities at all; it's more of a Hub for leads & finance applications.

Frazer, Dealertrack DMS and DealerCenter