Streak Reviews

About Streak

Streak is a cloud-based customer relationship management (CRM) solution that helps small to large enterprises manage projects and fundraising campaigns via Gmail. Users can automatically receive task details in the inbox and sort...

Browse Streak Reviews

Romy
Romy
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 13/08/2018

Personalized Email Blast? Streak is the man!

This is the best platform so far out there that I've used in terms of sending emails, managing emails, and tracking the open rate and the acceptance rate of my emails.

You can also schedule an email sending time using Streak which is pretty awesome!

Pros

I've been in the recruiting field for more than two years now, and it has been a bottleneck for me sending emails outside of our candidate database. I usually do this whenever I need to update the candidates regarding next steps, and also if they have been turned down by the client after our presentation call with them.

What I usually do before is to send each candidate an email even if the context is just the same. This dilemma has been resolved by Streak! I was able to maintain the personal connection atmosphere with my candidates with the use of just a few seconds. All you need to do is to put the details of the candidate plus any personalized matter you want to add in the email context on a csv comma delimited excel sheet.

One more good thing about Streak is that you can schedule when an email should be sent. You can also monitor the acceptance and the open rate of your emails via Streak. Truly, Streak is the best platform for sending and email management.

Cons

I really don't have negative experience with Streak! I really love how the platform helped me do my job responsibilities without compromising human touch. Maybe this message is a sort of recommendation. I hope they can upgrade their system so that they too will upgrade to an applicant tracking system. If that time come, I will propose this to our company since I know Streak will help us in driving great ROI, and client engagements.

Boris

Reviewed on 20/03/2021

A solid CRM that integrates into your daily life

We use Streak to create the whole task flow when starting a project for another company. It is a great tool to see where exactly we are in the integration process and how far along we are with each company we work with. It works well, and is reasonably priced. My favourite part is that it integrates into Gmail which makes it extremely convenient. Streak does not come without issues, but they are minor and not too bothersome.

Pros

It sits right there, in your Gmail inbox, ready to spring into action when you need it. Streak is an ingenious way to deal with CRM and is easy to remember to deal with, as your email is always open anyway. No need to switch tabs or use multiple different solutions for one task.

Cons

There were a few issues I found with Streak. Sometimes it takes ages to load and when I'm trying to follow up on an email, write a note for my team, and have three more tasks sitting in my head, the last thing I need is for my CRM to freeze out for 30 seconds. The other thing I noticed is that, every time I would load any other email address in the same browser, Streak would send me a notification that it should be enabled. It would be great if the Chrome extension would recognize which email address is open and not bother me when it is not the one that it should be managing.

Aldo

Reviewed on 12/11/2020

Support INEXISTENT

We are on a paid "Pro" plan and spend over 5.000USD per year for Streak. We are not talking the free plan - for free is a good tool (but limited to personal use and basic features).
Probably all the good reviews come from free users.
We are cloud software developers, so understand the technicalities and if we raise a question is always well described. But we NEVER get a competent answer, in the last case it took 13 days and three nonsense one-line semi-automatic reply to discover that the Streak "support" person did not even know that streak.readme.io is not just documentation to read, but is supposed to be interactive, you can test your API there, but it does not work and they don't bother. You can test this yourself, just try to use streak.readme.io...

Pros

easy to use and setup, integration with Gmail, but it' a toy

Cons

Support is completely inexistent, they do not answer AT ALL or send canned answers without any brain in them. We are on a paid Pro plan and we have been consistently experiencing this problem for one year. Going to appoint a lawyer to get our money back.

Top Streak Alternatives

Caitlyn
  • Industry: Food Production

Reviewed on 15/11/2023

LOVE this product!

Pros

The ease to add and track leads within your pipeline is great! You can easily and quickly update your contacts! The email reminders are great as well!

Cons

I wish that when you enter a follow up date on the main screen it would automatically set the email reminder instead of going into the contact. (However this could be a user error)

• Industry: Mining & Metals

Reviewed on 30/05/2021

An excellent CRM for multiple business management from your Gmail inbox

We can follow multiple businesses and operations from within Gmail, despite how challenging it becomes to distinguish emails.

Pros

1. No need to leave your email front-end to manage your customer interactions
2. You can customize stages and pipelines in any way you want - no limitations on pipelines
3. Easy to enter meeting and call notes
4. Easy to select the case box from each email
5. Read receipts for Gmail - Extremely Useful!

Cons

1. Colour-coding to distinguish emails and stages does not work when you have many cases in the same stage/colour.
2. It becomes very slow if you are having many emails tagged
3. It does not load the pipelines quickly and it takes time to refresh

HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to Streak

1. Easy to use 2. Gmail open and read receipts!

Reviewed on 25/02/2022

Basic CRM for Gmail Power Users

Overall, I think it is a useful CRM with basic - but useful - functionality and a clean interface. It is quite helpful for Gmail and Google Workspace users, who spend a lot of time in their mail inbox.

Pros

I like the fact that there is a very low learning curve for your Gmail users. The UI is simple and intuitive. New users can start using it really fast.

Cons

The features of the mobile app are missing a lot of functionality. This means that essentially you have to manage everything from your desktop Streak interface.

HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to Streak

It was selected mainly for its Gmail integration.
Kyla
Kyla

Reviewed on 11/01/2018

Simple & Convenient CRM Embedded in Gmail

Organization for my lead outreach and follow-up. I love how it's embedded within Gmail so all of my correspondences are right there. It's a game changer for me moving from a simple spreadsheet that is overwhelmed with data to this streamlined system. And on top of that, it's free!

Pros

For my product-based small business, I have a number of sales streams where I cultivate leads. Streak allows me to manage these leads right inside Gmail so I can quickly view all of our correspondences. Since most of my business is done through email, Streak creates a perfect bridge. Specifically, I can create a new box for each lead and categorize it under a specific pipeline (sales stream). Within the pipeline, I can create different sales stages and view all of my leads in one place along with data about our interactions (days since last interaction, days in stage, etc) so I can prioritize my outreach efforts. Within each lead, I can view all of the email correspondences and make notes on the lead. An additional feature in Streak is email open tracking so you can see if your leads have opened your emails. It shows up automatically and displays the times of each open. That's a huge value just to know if your emails are going through. All of these features are completely free and just a simple add-on, which frankly is hard to believe and so valuable for my business!

Cons

I really love Streak--for a free program, it offers so much! If I could add anything, I would love to be able to have all correspondences with a specific email address automatically assigned to the same lead box.

Steve
Steve

Reviewed on 18/06/2023

Efficient tool, provided you remember to use it!

Pros

Works really well inside of Gmail and also has it's own mobile app which is a huge bonus (similar apps work only in desktop web interface). Have had great results from the mail merge followup function, but often forgt to track Leads and Projects consistently.

Cons

Only real frustration is that there's no native reminder for tasks and follow-ups other than an email... and the main reason for using it is so that I can see things without relying just on email.

Mohammed

Reviewed on 16/06/2023

Review For Streak for managing my email and sales pipeline

Overall, I think Streak is a great tool that's worth considering if you're looking for a CRM solution

Pros

I've used Streak for a few years now, and I've found it to be a very helpful tool for managing my email and sales pipeline. I like that it's integrated directly into Gmail, so I don't have to switch between different applications. I also appreciate the various features that Streak offers, such as email tracking, templates, and sequences. These features have helped me to stay organized and to improve my sales performance.Overall, I'm very happy with Streak. It's a powerful tool that can help you to be more productive and to close more deals

Cons

Easy to useIntegrated with GmailPowerful features, such as email tracking, templates, and sequencesAffordable

Kamlesh
  • Industry: Information Services

Reviewed on 18/03/2021

Streak is awesome and the best in class for email integrated CRM.

Overall experience has been great and it has been a life saver. A lot could be improved though like automating the workflow of adding leads from emails, auto reminding about contacting leads.

Streak has features on the free version, which no other crm has (in our knowledge) llike mail merge for your leads, magic columns, clean interface needing very little training, email integrated. Its a blessing!

Pros

Streak is awesome and the best in class for email integrated CRM, particularly small businesses that work on gmail. It has a clean excel like interface & they developed an App and gave it in free version very early on.

It is something every self employed must use and can use. It is a no brainer, goto CRM, compared to all other CRMs out there. We evaluated many CRMs 10 years back, when we first started with Streak.

Cons

For a small company to get onto the paid version, the starting plan is a little expensive for small team. They should make it cheap for upto 3 employees, so a lot more small companies can afford it.

They limit upto 50 boxes for leads on free version, that is a little too less, because not all leads are able to convert. With a little ads, you actually get a lot of leads, so a minute of 100 leads should be allowed.

Also on the free plan, they don't allow you to share the pipeline with someone above 50 leads, they should allow to share with tleast 1 employee so that it doesn't cripple a small biz and they dont' go hunting for a new crm.

Streak doesn't have good videos to boot-up a new customer quickly.

Reviewed on 20/07/2018

Personalized email? Try Streak, and you'll never go unnoticed!

I was able to sent emails to a lot of people but helped me not sound robotic and general because it lets me modify variables that I want to populate in the emails by just merely putting it in an excel csv file. Who says being personalized in email correspondences is a bottle? Well, they haven't installed or used Streak!

Pros

As a part-time resume editor, and a full-time workforce planner, I need to email a lot of clients. Emailing them takes so much time even if the emails are just the same, and I just need to edit one or two words in the message I will be sending them. Before, it took me a great deal of time wasted doing it one by one, but because of Streak, it made it easy for me now!

I can now email 100 people in just one click and one email template, but you will not sound robotic because it lets you modify some variables you want to populate by just editing it in one .csv excel file!

Streak also helped me keep track of my senders. It provides me the information if the person I sent the email already opened the message once or twice. This helps me to know whom to follow up or whom I need to call because they haven't opened my email which saves so much time for me!

Cons

I am using a work email powered by Gmail, and sometimes whenever I clear my cookies and cache, the Streak extension crashes and I need to rerun it. If I am using a different computer, I need to rerun it too again. It is not that time consuming, but I hope they can find solution to that so that it will be sync on all computers that I am using and only needs me to run it once per device.

Greg

Reviewed on 11/09/2022

Streaks ahead

It's been a consistent part of several businesses for me for some years now and it's a rock-solid performer that saves me time and helps win new business.

Pros

It's flexibility. I have used Streak in many varied (CRM type mostly) ways and have been able to mould Streak to deliver what we needed. As it resides within Google Workspace it's one less app for the team to deal with and training time is reduced. The email snippets (templates) are super helpful.

Cons

It takes quite an investment in time to set up for your business - but it is worth it.

WorkflowMax and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to Streak

It's integration with Google Workspace.
Viktoria

Reviewed on 31/01/2021

A solid option for those who like to integrate their CRM with Gmail

It was a great tool to follow the product implementation down a pipeline. We used it to make sure all of us were aware where we were with integration at a certain property. It was a nice thing to have, but with all the issues with service availability and constant badgering to install it for other accounts it sometimes became tedious.

Pros

It is built in to Gmail - you open your inbox and you're up and ready to work.

Cons

It loads. Most of the time. Sometimes it takes forever. They were often experiencing difficulties and Streak could not be accessed. It also constantly bugged me to install Streak for all accounts, even though only one Gmail account had access to it.

Mauricio Alexander
Mauricio Alexander

Reviewed on 15/06/2018

Always keep up to date and happy your customers with this excellent service

It is excellent to improve the way in which customers are handled, to automate the mails and to handle the information, it brings many useful tools that will allow you to give a better attention to your clients and project your product.

Pros

When we are in the career of creating software on our own, and we want to project to more people, make our product known and keep customers that we already have, it is necessary to have a quality CRM, the most known that exist are very expensive, but here comes Streak, is an excellent service offered by Google that works with your gmail and is Free !, if free, an excellent service that allows you to manage your customers, offering first-class features, with contact addresses, sales operations and even management of promotions, this is a perfect CRM for a freelance since it works with a tool known by us as it is gmail, so it will be quick to implement and remove its benefits, with it we can be in contact with our customers, send mail to everyone at specific scheduled times, warn of contracts, promotions or status of the products we sold to them, keep them up to date with the advances of for example web pages or system s that we are building, there are many advantages of this service that you must try since they are of immense utility.

Cons

It is a CRM of a certain basic form, it does not have the potentials of the CRM of a higher cost but it is an excellent option if you are starting and you need to bring order to your client portfolio.

• Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 01/08/2018

Much better option than Saleseforce for small companies

Going from a manual system to Streak meant that we immediately saw increases in efficiency, better tracking and reporting, and were able to build our client base without hiring new sales reps or account managers.

Pros

After spending well over a year trying to set up Salesforce, my company -- a small team of 15 -- finally gave up and decided to go with Streak instead. Especially for a business of our size, Streak was definitely the better option. It's lightweight, was far quicker to implement, and we immediately saw improvements in our efficiency and ability to track leads.

Further, we mostly got our leads via conferences and word of mouth, so we managed both inbound and outbound leads in our email inboxes. For this reason, we loved that we could track our leads from within our inbox using Streak -- no tool switching!

Cons

I could see us possibly outgrowing it if we were to have a more complex business, but don't have much to say about its downsides.

Luisa
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Reviewed on 26/12/2022

Perfect startpoint CRM for Gmail

I am very happy. I use it every day, I have several Pipelines that help me see where each client is, or if I need to follow up to try to push the sale.

Pros

It is relatively easy to use and very practical. Before going to a more complex CRM I recommend using Streak. You can create different Pipelines, customize them with different colors and edit by modifying texts, etc. I also find email tracking and the option to send later very practical.

Cons

Although it is very intuitive, it requires learning time to be able to make the most of it. The free option allows very few contacts (500), while the next option (ONLY) is 5000. It's a lot of difference. Maybe it could be the free version up to 1000 so there isn't such a big gap.

Reviewed on 26/01/2017

Value Unlike No Other

I love Google products and Google Steak is no exception. I am even locked in at a discounted rate for getting in while it was still in Beta. There have been many updates however there is still some chunkiness to it. Even so, it does the best job of giving me access to everything I need in one spot, like email, contacts, tasks, notes, call notes, etc., for a GREAT monthly rate. If you are a small business, start here! You may never leave. Now they just need to fix their Android app and we'll be golden.

Pros

It's Google!

Cons

A bit clunky. For example, if you have two funnels and you move one funnel to the other, if selections are not already present in exact spelling, then they disappear and you have to redo your work. I also wish that reminders would auto remind me because I always miss tasks on the day of and then never get around to them because I never see them again!

Ani
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 21/02/2019

Streak is fantastic!

I use it manage my client leads and partnerships.

Pros

It keeps my entire CRM in my inbox, saving me a ton of time. It also has a ton of amazing automated features like 'Date of Last Email' that automatically calculate my last interaction, and then allow me to filter on that later. It has things I didn't even know I needed! My entire team uses it and we can share pipelines across email addresses. It's how all CRMs should be--live directly in your inbox (with you an integration, with out an additional data entry step, it practically does the data entry for you!).

Cons

It's not super intuitive. Every time I want to set up a new feature I can't just play around with it, I have to watch a video for fear of messing something up or because it's not super clear as to how it works. It's also a bit pricey for a small solo-preneur.

German

Reviewed on 10/07/2017

Streak is all you can ask from a CRM right inside your gmail. In fact, it is much more than a...

Our sales workflow is smooth thanks to streak

Pros

Streak is ver flexible. It adapts very well to different scenarios. Whether customer relationships, Human Resources hiring, bug tracking, you name it. Basically it is a full stack workflow management tool. The custom columns, email tracking, integration with third party thru Zapier, contact and organizations, collaborative and reactive environment are among the things we most like.

Cons

Honestly, there aren't many thing I don't like. The contacts in my opinion were not very well handled, but they recently came with a new solution I believe to be spot on. Sometimes I wish I could have a little more control on who sees what.

'Rowdie' Mitch
'Rowdie' Mitch

Reviewed on 02/04/2018

Easy to use, does everything I need for a CRM. No more switching between windows all in Gmail.

Simplicity, and measurability. If you take the time to set it up correctly, you will have measurable goals for your sales team to hit and can run reports needed. Also you can stay on top of your clients with this software too.

I can also see things and update things in the mobile app which is helpful being a salesman on the road.

Pros

I really love how simple it is. I explain to the team its like a sophisticated spreadsheet. It gives reminders and simple reports which is everything I need. Best part is it lives in Gmail.

Cons

I wish the mobile app was better. Also having a few more options and better contact management would be great. Automatic email filters would be amazing rather than always adding things to boxes.

Devlyn
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 24/06/2019

A needed solution for my 1 person business

I'm new to Streak, but I already see how this software will solve my CRM problem. I was trying to use Hubspot, but it's just not built for either single person businesses, nor for odd email systems like Etsy uses. It also had tons of clunky features that just are excessive. I will definitely be recommending this to friends who use Gmail for sales, customer service and order management. It gives me the functionality I need, and the ability to add more, without making things so complicated that it's not worth the bother. I'm sold!

Pros

I've checked out many CRMs but they are generally set up for teams. This one has team functionality, but I don't need that. I need to be able to track customers, leads, and orders just for myself! I also sell a lot through Etsy, so my order emails and client contacts are all under their email. With most automation, that would mean that it would be lumped under one contact, but with Streak's excellent use of "Boxes", I'm able to sort even those emails and track specific orders on an individual basis. Plus, since it's private, Streak doesn't charge me.

Cons

Figuring out how this would best work for me is always the biggest challenge, but after watching their on-demand setup video, I was able to sort it out. Sometimes the language used for specialized software is out of my vernacular, but it's fairly easy to pick up. I'm not yet seeing many cons.

Abiola
Abiola
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 02/07/2018

A customer relationship management tool inside my inbox.

Pros

Streak lives as a CRM add-on to my Google mail account.I use Gmail as my personal email ,and it thus makes sense to have my streak within reach for everytime I am live on my Gmail account.Allowing me measure the workflow of my team from start to finish right from my Gmail.
In all , Streak keeps my team better organized ,and makes it appear simple managing email at scale.

Cons

Unintuitive updates are a big setback for Streak.However I will think it just makes common sense ,if we can have Streak integrate with other email providers apart from Gmail .Not everyone is obliged to have a gmail account.

Elizabeth

Reviewed on 02/05/2023

Streak for Account Management

Using it because it's so integrated into the company structure. Wish we could use something with more bells and whistles.

Pros

The visualization are great! I do like how easy it is to tag emails retroactively.

Cons

I don't like how it seems so disorganized. I wish boxes were easier to organize and you could associate a child org with te primary org.

Karol
Karol

Reviewed on 03/04/2023

Streak - what I think about it

My general experience is highly positive, we've been using this software for several years and all of our sales is based on it.

Pros

I like the fact that it seamlessly integrates with Gmail and works like a powerful plugin to software that I use anyway.

Cons

Lack of serious reporting is a downside. The support should be more responsive as well.

Ben
  • Industry: Online Media

Reviewed on 28/02/2023

Complete disrespect for loyal users (disgusting price increase/cash grab)

It's been fine. The tool works, support is sluggish and sometimes completely unresponsive, requiring follow-ups to get things actioned. Would not trust them.

Pros

It was a great lightweight tool for the beginning of our start-up, and managed to grow a little with our team. Works really well with Gmail.

Cons

Streak charges as though it's a fully-fledged CRM, but it is JUST a Gmail plugin; with huge platform risk should Google decide to stop supporting it. On top of this, they jacked up their pricing – not just for new seats, which would be fair – but for existing seats for very loyal customers; a cynical cash grab. We're talking a 34% increase. Just disgusting. Going back and forth with the FOUNDER, he still couldn't understand our point of view. We have now reduced our spend as much as possible ahead of moving away from them to an alternative platform without the Gmail plugin risks. If I were Streak, I'd be selling ASAP before the whole company tanks. Please think about the above before going with Streak, they have no loyalty, nor should their customers.

Pipedrive, Salesforce Sales Cloud and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to Streak

It was all we needed at the time, and worked with our existing workflow. It was also cheap to begin with.