Jane Reviews

About Jane

Jane is a practice management solution that helps health and wellness clinics streamline operations related to appointment booking, billing, charting and more. It allows patients to view and choose services, treatments and...

Browse Jane Reviews

Steve
Steve

Reviewed on 28/10/2023

Jane in the most clinician friendly patient charting app

Jane has streamlined our patient note-taking tasks, as well as making our patient appointment booking system more integrated.From the very beginning, when I made first contact with Jane staff I felt that the whole team at Jane cared passionately about what they do.It is not often that you come across a company who don't just say they care about their Clients, but live & breathe their proclaimed ethos. I get the very strong impression that caring about people is who they are.From our experience, at Cornwall Podiatry, we feel the Jane Team care about us. And that care enables us to pass forward that caring attitude in our own professional interactions with our patients.Thank you.

Pros

We love the customisability of the Jane system. It is by far the most intuitive & feature-rich digital Clinical note taking up we've used. And we've trialed about ten different ones before deciding to move to Jane.It is also the easiest to use when running a busy clinic session. The templates can be custom designed for your own style of note taking, & can be customised on the fly with other templates as you need them.Each clinician can write their own treatment plans as Jane phrases which can be called up quickly with a forward slash & a 3-4 letter code. These phrases mean whole paragraphs of treatment which are regularly used can be inserted into the notes very quickly then edited for the specific patient as necessary.When duplicating a patient daily treatment chart the diagrams/body Charts etc are all duplicated ready to be edited to match that days treatment. Again making recording the patient treatment notes much more quickly than writing it all from scratch each time.Our administrative Staff loved the fact that patient Intake forms & contact data populated all the necessary fields instead of being manually transferred previously.Also the admin staff love the way Jane sends out reminders on Texts & Emails a few days prior to the patient's appointments.

Cons

One feature which is missing is a seach facility within reports. Plus I'd really love more colours to work with on the body Charts & sketching.

Response from Jane Software

Hi, Steve. Oh my gosh, this was such a wonderful review to read, thank you for the kind words. I immediately had to share it with our UK team and it really meant so much to them as they’ve truly enjoyed working with you.

Jane seems to be meeting your needs quite well which we’re always pleased to hear, but it’s that feedback is even more golden to us, so please keep it coming. Helping helpers like yourself is our passion, so if there’s anything we can support with or lend an ear for, our inbox is always open. Cheers.
-Caitlin on behalf of the Jane Team

Replied 23/11/2023
Melissa

Reviewed on 02/02/2024

NO EHR Company has customer service better than Jane!

No EHR can be all things to all people, but Jane comes close.

Pros

Their top notch customer service- always prompt, helpful and friendly.

Example: Once when I had a specific billing question, they went into a dummy account and did a video so I could see, step by step, exactly what to do- then they emailed it so I could look at it on my own time. Other times, they will email screen shots. Quickly available on phone, chat, or email.

Cons

I am not computer savvy so I have had lots of questions but they always provide easy to understand, step by step instructions.

Response from Jane Software

Oh my gosh, this review made our day. Thank you for this incredible review of Jane, Melissa. It sounds like you’ve been through the ringer with trying to get records which we’re sorry to hear about, but we’re so glad and grateful that you’re with Jane. Hearing that our support has impressed you, especially with those super helpful videos, means so much as our awesome Support Team is one of our cornerstones and something we believe sets us apart. Remember we've always got your back if you ever have a question! Looking forward to hopefully many more years of working together with you. -Caitlin on behalf of Jane App

Replied 15/02/2024
Elysia

Reviewed on 09/03/2023

Jane Helped Defraud my Private Practice

I guess it is disappointing that a client was able to defraud my new therapy business using Jane. And even more disappointing when you look at how this fraud went:1.The client ran a credit card scam stating that the purchased services from companies they went to were fraudulent and got money back for services they used.2.The company (mine and others) had to prove the charges were legitimate.3.Trusting Jane I followed their instructions and provided Jane, with the client session notes, and invoices to show legitimacy as Jane advised in previous emails, “When this happens with Jane Payments, Jane acts as a "middle-man" between your business and the disputing cardholder's bank; we stand in your corner and do our best to help you build a strong dispute response.” And as noted “the patient's bank is the decider when it comes to the outcome - Jane does not have the ability to have involvement PAST UPLOADING the evidence you provide” 4.So there I was with my trust in Jane to upload the clear evidence that I had the sessions, did the work, and deserved to be paid. 5.Then the client targeted me again through the Better Business Bureau, to reattempt to get money from my business through harrassements and false claims. BBB saw the evidence and threw out as false.6.Throughout Jane's process I was never given a way to interact with the cardholders bank and plead my case. I was given false support as Jane is the “middle-man” that I trusted... here we are with a loss of $880.00

Pros

When I started out as student counsellor I worked in offices that used Jane, it was nice looking. So right away I trusted Jane when I was ready to open a Private Practice, I recommended them to others as the emails were kind, help, and always sounded like they had your back. Getting the hang of it was like any other software it wasn't hard had very few hiccups.

Cons

After using it for a year I learned that the kind supportive facade was just a front. It claims to be "hassle free" and have "simple billing" yet setting up direct insurance billing wasn't hassle free as it was hard. Yet I trusted that payments were at least secure for myself and my clients. And they were fine until there was a problem with a credit card company. After a year of finally getting the practice full and getting the hang of running a private practice. One of my past client's ran a credit card fraud scam, and Jane helped then hassle free. I was out $880.00 by the end of it. And that only stopped because I cut Jane's access to my account. They refunded the credit card scam after having redacted notes and bills of all the sessions, and then charged me to do it. So I ask you after that would you stay with Jane? No, Jane helped the client defraud me. My specific feedback would be to do a better job “supporting” the companies that trust you and pay you to handle their secure transactions by actually "having their back" with these fraudulent claims. I still have yet to see any proof that my information was even shown to the credit card company for all I know it went to some, really kind sounding Jane Support person's email and was never given to credit card company.

Response from Jane Software

Ali here, co-founder and Co-CEO of Jane.

Capterra limits response length, so unfortunately this will be a shorter response, but I added more detail on your FB and Google reviews.

Infuriatingly, this return would have happened in the same way regardless of what processor you were using.

Industry average shows that merchants win less than 20% of disputes - while the guidance that Jane provides during the dispute process has helped Jane Payments customers with a 43% win rate. But I hear you that for you this is 100% loss.

We fulfill our "help the helpers" mission by helping you navigate this process as a guide during this dispute process. Frustratingly, this process - even with guidance, is not always fair.

Legitimate services should win the dispute but that is not always the case. Your anger over injustice is valid.

This is one more challenge that small businesses face - helping small clinics succeed is deeply rooted as our mission. I really wish things had gone your way.

Replied 15/03/2023

Top Jane Alternatives

Delphine

Reviewed on 26/02/2024

Very good chiropractic software

Pros

Easy to use, lot of options, easy for patients.

Cons

That the platform is not in french. Not user friendly when working in a french environment if your employee do not speak english (Quebec, Canada)
An app could be great for phone

GOrendezvous

Reasons for Switching to Jane

More options for a lesser price, more user friendly.

Response from Jane Software

Hi Delphine. Thank you for the kind words here, they’re so appreciated. We love to hear that you’re finding Jane easy to use for both you and your patients - that’s one of our favourite things to do! I hear your feedback - while you can have the patient-facing side of Jane set to French, Jane’s administrative side is not written in French. While not perfect, something we see some practices do is use the built-in translating feature of their web browser which works quite well. We always want our users to be happy with Jane, so I hope we can continue to do that for you. Thank you for being a part of our community! :)

Replied 21/03/2024
Shig

Reviewed on 01/02/2024

Great for any organization

Absolutely great. I think it is one of the best programmed app.

Pros

Aside from having so many features which was a bit challenging to figure out, jane has everything a practice needs.

Cons

The fees are on the higher end compare to other apps.

Response from Jane Software

Oh, Shig, thank you for the kind words. And a big congrats on opening your own business! I totally understand where you’re coming from, Jane has an ever-growing list of features that does create a bit of a learning curve, but it’s one that our support team is happy to help walk you through. As for fees, I'd be curious to hear more about this feedback to fully understand and chat through your concerns, so if you want to chat more just send us a message to [email protected]. Regardless, we're so happy to hear that you’ve got things mostly settled and are enjoying Jane. and hope we can continue to help you run and grow with your practice. Thanks so much for being part of the Jane community. <3 -Caitlin on behalf of Jane App

Replied 15/02/2024
Catherine
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 06/01/2024

What a fantastic experience with Jane!

Outstanding! We have had nothing but friendly support from the very beginning. And the fact that it is so intuitive is also wonderful especially since we are not very tech savvy!

Pros

Everything! The price, the ease of setting up and the user friendly nature.

Cons

We haven't run into anything yet that we don't like!

Nextech EHR & PM and Tebra

Reasons for Choosing Jane

Too complicated! And no live support! The expense of the initial setup that we paid for them to "configure and deliver" our system was way more complicated than setting up Jane all by ourselves.

Reasons for Switching to Jane

User friendly, great price, recommended by fellow practitioners that said they have had a great experience.

Response from Jane Software

Wow, what a delightful review of Jane, Catherine. Thank you! Hearing that so many things about Jane struck a chord with you is so exciting to hear about because these are the types of experiences we want to provide to all of the clinics and small business owners like yourself that use Jane. I hope we can continue to make things easier for you and those you help, and please continue to share your feedback. :)

-Caitlin, on behalf of the Jane team

Replied 07/02/2024
margarita
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Reviewed on 15/02/2024

Excellent Services. Easy to use.

Excellent for scheduling clients and chart recording. Customer service is superb!

Pros

Customer Services.
Scheduling.
Processing clients' payments.

Cons

I wish that the fees for processing payments were lower.

Response from Jane Software

Hey Margarita. Thanks so much for the kind words - and for choosing Jane! We realize you had a choice when considering and joining Jane, and we’re so grateful for your choice. The fact that you called out our customer support, features, ease-of-use for clients, and flexibility for choosing Jane brings us so much pride and joy. Thank you again for the review and for letting us be a part of your day-to-day. - Caitlin on behalf of the Jane team

Replied 06/03/2024
Jerrilea
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 09/02/2024

switching to Jane

I have just purchased Jane and I am just learning the system.

Pros

Simple and cost effective to use Jane and it is HIPPA compliant with premade macros. Jane has given me two months to use the Demo and set up my macros while I'm learning Jane.

Cons

Learning a new system can be difficult to learn

Response from Jane Software

Thank you for such a great review, Jerrilea! We’re so glad to hear that Jane is offering you everything you need, and affordably at that. We always want to delight our customers, whether they’re just starting out in their practice or are switching from a previous system and have been in the industry for years, so meeting that mark for you is music to our ears. :) Learning a new system can be difficult to learn, and sometimes it’s also nice to know you can just ask a question when needed, so don’t forget to reach out to our support team if you ever need us. Thanks again for being a part of our community, and for trusting Jane with your practice.
-Caitlin on behalf of Jane App

Replied 21/02/2024
Sonia

Reviewed on 15/05/2024

Great customer support

Pros

The simplicity that everything is accessible and there are tons of resources available for support.

Cons

No cons I can think of at this time. Just a learning curve.

Response from Jane Software

Thank you for the sweet and simple review and for choosing Jane to be a part of your practice, Sonia. :) We pride ourselves on not only our features and the simplicity we hope they bring to your day, but also our customer support, so hearing you’ve enjoyed your experience with both so far means a lot to us. We hear you on the learning curve and realize everything takes getting used to, so I hope you continue to lean on our support team and resources as you get more familiar with Jane.

-Caitlin on behalf of Jane

Replied 24/05/2024
Valerie
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 09/05/2024

My experience with Jane

Pros

Easy to use, simple, user friendly. The Jane app is great for healthcare professionals in private practice to facilitate admin work

Cons

The cost is a little high when you're starting a business

Response from Jane Software

Thanks for taking the time to share how things have been with Jane so far, Valerie. It’s delightful to hear that you’ve found things simple and user-friendly, I hope we can continue to meet that standard for you. We appreciate your feedback about cost when you’re getting started - we recently launched new plans in Jane to hopefully meet a wider range of needs for different stages of practice. Thank you for being a part of our Jane community and for letting us be a part of your journey. We’ll keep focusing on our work to make Jane as helpful as possible. :)

-Caitlin on behalf of Jane

Replied 24/05/2024
Shannon

Reviewed on 31/07/2019

Makes My Job Easy

The biggest benefits have been the online scheduling. But I also love the software also frees up my time with processing insurance claims.

Pros

I'm relatively new to Jane (8 months) but it makes my job managing our patients, payments and insurance very simplified. The best feature for me is the online scheduling. Frees me up to do so much more in the office.

Cons

The only cons are my own mistakes. I'm going to take more advantage of their training videos before experimenting.

Response from Jane Software

Shannon! You're such a delight!

Thanks for this lovely note and for taking some time out of your day to share your experience working with Jane.

I'm so glad you're part of the Jane community. Office Managers - you're like gold to a practice! I really honour the work you do to keep things running smoothly. A good office manager can often go unnoticed - because things are just working well! So I notice you today. Well done.

We're working on a more structured training program (currently internally dubbed as "JaneU") to help with ongoing learning, so I'm glad to hear it would likely be helpful for you.

But really our goal is that Jane is so simple to use that there wouldn't be any mistakes along the way. Although coming from clinic life myself I know that it's a near impossible goal ;)

Hope you had a lovely weekend and managed to enjoy some sunshine.

Replied 06/08/2019
Sandra

Reviewed on 29/07/2020

Jane App for solo practice

Decreased workload with appointment reminders and payment collection options
Great reports for my accountant and for taxes
Keeps all chart notes and documents in one place
Integrated Telehealth included
They seem to be constantly improving my experience with upgrades
Excellent help section, but also quickly respond to emails and phone calls

Pros

CUSTOMER SERVICE is excellent: highly responsive, respectful and effective
Company is responsive to feedback and is continuously updating
Seriously decreases my workload and increases my efficiency

Cons

Steep learning curve when getting started (but so many features)

Owl Practice

Reasons for Switching to Jane

At the time Jane took payments and Owl did not.

Response from Jane Software

Hi Dr. Young,

Thanks for writing out this review of Jane. It's such a pleasure to hear where you're finding success with Jane in your practice (and where we can improve!).

I'm also really glad to hear you've enjoyed working with our support team - we feel so privileged to be working with a Jane community filled with practitioners like you! I'm going to share your review with the team because it's so encouraging to hear this type of feedback.

I especially love to hear that you're working with Jane as a solo practice - I love it when Jane can give you a bit of a "co-worker" when you're practicing on your own. Sometimes that can feel a bit lonely.

Thanks again for this lovely review Dr. Young.

Replied 07/08/2020
Devon

Reviewed on 13/08/2020

A great Canadian made booking software

Overall we enjoyed using Jane App and was able to set it up for our specific needs. We loved being able to support a more locally owned business when choosing their service. Their customer support was good but was also delayed for up to 1 to 2 days at times. Their online help menu was very helpful at times.

Pros

We went with Jane initially because it was a Canadian based company had a great review from another float center we had consulted with. The mobile side of this software was very easy to use and navigate. It was easy to adapt it to our needs of running a float center; the app is intended for practitioner style business. (Chiro, massage, etc)

Cons

Does not have membership style functions or being able to have a single service token compared to a dollar value on someones account. Does not send out auto emails at different pre-determined intervals or other areas within the software.

HelmBot

Reasons for Switching to Jane

We went with Jane over Helm based on cost, location of software business, and the size of our company at the current time.

Response from Jane Software

Hi Devon,

I love the patriotism! Thanks for your Canadian Support :)

We are just about to implement a new "packages" feature that might be helpful to you! If you missed the summer feature showcase you can see a preview of how they will work: https://vimeo.com/452703248

Just follow the time stamp for packages down in the description of the video.

And I'd love to hear more about the type of auto emails you're looking for - the "Ratings and Reviews" feature (also in that video I linked to above) might be what you're after? Coming soon too!!

I hope you have a lovely week Devon, and thanks for taking the time to tell us a bit about your story with Jane.

Replied 31/08/2020
Margaret

Reviewed on 16/11/2020

Awesome Software

This has been such a positive experience with Jane App and the people who work for Jane. They are very smart and their only concern seems to be that the Customer has a great experience.

Pros

This software is so intuitive and easy to learn and use. The creators are always making awesome improvements. The support team is very knowledgeable and always know the answers to the questions I'm asking. When calling in to the support team, they always get back to me within a couple of hours, usually sooner.

Cons

There have been no cons with this software. These people work so hard to make sure that you have a good experience with the software.

Response from Jane Software

Hi Margaret,

It's so nice to hear from you again!

Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us (and other Capterra viewers!). As you know, I really love it when we get reviews from admin staff, because I know that you spend all day every day working with Jane.

And it's just as much a pleasure for us to get to work with you, so thanks for being such a wonderful part of the Jane Community. Your feedback and help is a big part of Jane learning to be a great helper to your practice.

You are a real delight Margaret :) I hope you have a wonderful holiday season (although it's going to be a bit of a different style this year) and I'm just so glad you're part of Jane's story.

Ali

Replied 08/12/2020
JEANNIE

Reviewed on 07/01/2021

Best App!

Basically, I can navigate fine with what I need to do on a daily basis. Switching from hands-on massage therapy to the Jane app can be a bit of a challenge, but I get better all the time. I love the support and everyone I have spoken to on calls has been terrific!

Pros

I like the use of colours for bookings and the many features, like how I can save files to a profile etc.

Cons

Sometimes, quite often I find it hard to navigate through the Reports. Most likely because I don't use them much. I find it dificult to navigate payments with insurance companies especially when they do not cover the full amount or don't pay at all because the client needs a dr. note. Then I have to make changes.

Response from Jane Software

Hi Jeannie!

We're so happy you came back to Jane once you started your solo practice. I love Jane's treatment colours too... we have 10 options now! My personal favourite is Tangerine.

We totally understand how challenging learning software can be (all while doing what you do best, helping people). I hope you will continue to lean on our team for support as you navigate some tricky insurance billing.

Plus, if you have any suggestions for new features that would make billing easier, we'd love to hear from you on our public customer feature request site: https://janeapp.canny.io/

Thanks for the review, Jeannie. We're thankful for you.

Maddie
On Behalf of the Jane Team

Replied 07/05/2021
Margret

Reviewed on 20/08/2022

User friendly

Pros

I'm not a computer whiz and this was by far one of the easiest to learn. I worked with 5 different system/softwares/platforms and of course there is a learning curve even to Jane, but it's the quickest to learn and clean, easy, uncluttered for the user. I love being able to see everything what's happening from my schedule. I know which patients I billed, which ones I charted, which ones didn't show. That is especially important on a busy clinic or if you didn't have time to do all the administration part of work all in the same day.

Cons

It can be a bit overwhelming with so many different settings, but as long as you stay focused on what's important at first, the rest is just "play with it".

GOrendezvous and Practice Perfect EMR

Reasons for Switching to Jane

Having everything integrated in one place: billing, scheduling, booking, exercise platform is just something no other program can beat! It also didn't look so cluttered at a first glimpse, like accuro.
Crystal

Reviewed on 27/03/2020

Beautiful interface for holistic practices

Great customer service.

Pros

The interface is nice and quick to learn. Jane team is helpful and easy to contact by email. I like the ease of having clients do online intake, consents and billing. I like being able to build templates.

Cons

This software really lacks features for healthcare practitioners that need to track coding of ICD10.. which is important when you are ordering labs and billing. It doesn't have a way to have flowsheets of data or problem management, which is terrible for midwives. You can't track lab values anywhere either... it's like your having to open and keep open a visit note to have a template to enter values in. I have also seen no additional features or updates in the time I have been using it.. until Covid came along.. they added televisit option.

CharmHealth

interface

Response from Jane Software

Hi Crystal,

Nice to hear from you!

I'm glad you've found much of Jane easy to use and that you've enjoyed chatting with our team

Many of your cons are very true. Thanks for listing them here - as I think it's important for people considering Jane to recognize that integrated labs and the tracking of lab values over time isn't currently available.

The "vitals" chart piece is built to be tracked over time visually and we're working on that on our end - so we'll keep improving on that.

If you'd like to see what we're currently building or vote for features, I wonder if you've seen our feature request list? You can access it from the drop down from your name at the top right - click "Feature Request" and then at the very top left you can flip over to "Roadmap" to see more info.

Under the "Feature Request" tab you can also search and upvote your feature requests.

Thanks again for the feedback - we love hearing how could do better.

Replied 31/03/2020
Amanda
  • Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 06/05/2020

Major issue with basic function

Pros

Nothing - I have a major complaint - see below.

Cons

I have used JaneApp as a client with about 3 different organizations and I always run into the same time-consuming, frustrating issue. When booking an appointment slot with someone, JaneApp gives you the option to choose that slot and book it. However, once you select the time slot, it says "Let's get you signed in." No problem. I sign in. But then, instead of simply completing the booking of the slot I chose, it shows my account with the words 'no bookings'. So then I have to manually go to the calendar again to book that slot. HOWEVER, now that slot is unavailable. (Someone told me that Janeapp makes slots unavailable for 3 minutes after booking.) So I have to wait for a few minutes until the time slot shows up as available again. This is glitchy and confusing. If clients are required to sign in BEFORE booking, they should NOT be given the option to book appointments - the system should force them to sign in first. If they are NOT required to sign in first, they should be given the option to book a given slot, and then if they need to sign in, that's fine, but then once this is complete, clients should be automatically returned to the process to complete that same booking SEAMLESSLY without having to go back to the calendar or rechoose the slot (after being confused and wondering why it's no longer available), just like other functional booking systems do. I don't know why this basic issue has not been addressed. Would not recommend this software!

Response from Jane Software

Hi Amanda,

Oh shoot. I'm sorry you're having trouble with Jane's online booking.

You mention you're a patient having trouble booking with Jane's online booking flow. And that you're using Jane to book at 3 different practices!

I can imagine, then, that any difficulties you're having are 3 times as frustrating. It definitely sounds like you're having a strange experience with the way Jane's behaving for you - when you sign in, your chosen appointment should be already selected and ready to confirm. And actually, if you're working on a private device, you can have Jane remember you so that you don't have to log in every time you want to book.

I'm going to make sure your experience as a patient is well documented here on our side, but more importantly I'm hopeful we can fix the log in problems you're experiencing.

We'll follow up to your email.

Talk soon - Alison - Co-Founder

Replied 12/05/2020
Karen R

Reviewed on 24/07/2020

Using Jane

I've been doing 'forensic tracking' of old VA claims. It's a tedious data entry process, but the results have been very satisfactory.
We plan on training patients to recognize that we can deliver Chinese Medicine through telemed, and Jane's telemed service is so simple and easy, which is going to help.

Pros

Jane has been a fantastic 'staff member'. Scheduling is a breeze, tracking payments - especially VA payments - is incredibly useful and easy, especially compared to my old, clunky spreadsheet method. Best of all is the telemed feature.
I'm also deeply appreciative of Jane's Covid-19 pre-screen process, which has simplified our patient entry. I've copied that template into a new chart template, so that practitioners can screen, on arrival, those patients who forget or are not computer savvy, also simplifying patient entry.

Cons

I would like to have more flexibility in designing patient communications (eg being able to format text), and in designing chart notes that fit on one page.
Like any database, being able to access help depends on knowing what questions to ask. That's been a *bit* annoying, but if I really get stuck, I just send an email to Jane, and always get a response within 24 hours. We may go back and forth a bit, but I'm almost always satisfied by the results.

Response from Jane Software

Hi Karen,

Thanks so much for this review today! I just LOVE that you think of Jane as a staff member - part of the team. That's so great.

And happy to hear that insurance tracking has been easier for you since you hired Jane. ;)

One of my little secrets for searching Jane's guides is to user Google. Google has indexed them all - so if you go to Google and search your question (or keywords) with "Jane App" you will get really relevant and helpful results from our guide. But we'll keep working on making that search easier!

For example searching "merging patients Jane App" on Google should get you the guide you're looking for.

I'm so glad we get to work together Karen - and so excited that the Online Appointments and covid screening features have helped your practice over the past few months.

So glad you've joined the Jane Community. Looking forward to continuing to work together.

Replied 30/07/2020
Tabitha

Reviewed on 03/09/2020

Best EHR Ever!

Jane App not only had an amazing product, it has an amazing and friendly team - always open to software improvement and help if it is needed. I've rarely had issues come up, but when I had a question or an issue, they were instantly there to solve it. They are constantly adding new features and responding directly to client feedback. My life is so much better and I save so much time with this EHR system. It has really made my work and life so much better. Highly recommended!

Pros

I looked for years for a good EHR and Jane was definitely the answer. Being able to draw what I see on a patient right on the chart was a major attraction to me - but it does so much more! I can completely customize soap notes, send intakes confidentially to patients, and bill patients through the software integration. It is logically laid out and relatively intuitive once you get the basics down.

Cons

One of the challenges of being a full featured software is that it can take time to learn everything. In the beginning there weren't a lot of video tutorial - just written instructions. Even in the last couple of years Jane has responded with more visuals which I really appreciate.

Areas I would love to see them develop in the future: A more robust inventory that allows calculation of COGS.

Response from Jane Software

Hi Tabitha,

Oh my - I really appreciate that you've been a part of Jane's journey over the last few years.

This part of your review is just so lovely to read: "My life is so much better and I save so much time with this EHR system. It has really made my work and life so much better. Highly recommended!"

Thanks for such lovely words - and for inviting Jane into your practice.

I'd love to hear about your challenges with COGS - we've made some updates to Jane's inventory management over the last year, and you can enter the sales price, the cost to you, and run the inventory report to show how much you have in stock of each item and how many you've sold in the last 30 days. The product performance report also now shows cost and profit if you've let Jane know how much you purchase price is for the different inventory items.

Hope that helps, but let us know if you'd like to run through that with the team.

Replied 15/09/2020

Reviewed on 30/10/2020

one of the best apps around for all healthcare providers

I have found Jane to be a great over-all softward for your health care clinic. If you do have chiropractors, acupuncturists, massage therapists, osteopaths, etc., it is a great way to seamlessly book and chart.

Pros

I have used Jane app at a few different clinics, including the one I am at now. The amount of features it has, and how you can customize it for your needs as a Practitioner are wonderful. From chart taking to booking multiple appointments at once easily, Jane has really thought of everything a Practitioner may want, and applied it to their software. I also believe the customer service is fantastic from past communication.

Cons

There are almost too many ways to do 1 thing. For instance for billing, you can go in and do it, then the next time do it a different way and get the same result. I think it would be better to not overcomplicate things by just allowing you to learn how to achieve what you want only 1 way. Sometimes I forget how I did lets say an ICBC claim, go in, find out oh I can also do it this way, then forget. The final thing is the price point if you are a sole practitioner is very high, but in a medium size clinic with receptionists this is a great softward to communicate with everyone at your clinic.

Mindbody

Reasons for Choosing Jane

Moved locations

Booker

Response from Jane Software

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing some of your experience with Jane across a number of different practices. I'm pleased to hear that you've found Jane flexible although I'm hearing that you might be sometimes finding Jane to be TOO accommodating with the ways to access the same place.

Often this is because for an administrator working the front desk - it make sense to get to the billing one way, while for a practitioner who is mostly charting it makes sense to have a different path. But for those workflows you only do once in a while, I understand that might cause confusion.

We'll keep working on making Jane both powerful and flexible for the different ways that every clinic (and practitioner) practices but still intuitive. Always so much room for improvement :)

Thanks again for sharing some of your thoughts with us and anyone else considering Jane for their practice.

Replied 02/11/2020
Lynn

Reviewed on 12/03/2021

Invoicing

I love Janeapp ... very user friendly. I recommend it to anyone that asks.

Pros

How easy it is to use and find things from an admistrative point.

Cons

Invoicing - NEED to be able to invoice more than one product per invoice. It's very frustrating when we have a patient that needs multiple supplements and we have to send individual invoices for up to 10 products, sometimes more. It truly is the only thing I do not like about Janeapp.

Response from Jane Software

Hi Lynn,

Thank you for this review. I am so pleased to hear that you find Jane user-friendly and recommend Jane to others! Word of mouth is so important to us.

You're right, the ability to add multiple products is an existing request on our feature request site. If you have not added your vote to the list already, I hope you will do so here: https://janeapp.canny.io/feature-requests/p/compiling-multiple-sessions-andor-products-onto-a-single-invoice-document

We sincerely appreciate these reviews because it shows us how Jane is helping, but also how Jane could be better. We will definitely keep working towards that final features/functionality star.

Thanks again for the feedback, Lynn. Happy you're here!

Maddie
On Behalf of Jane

Replied 17/05/2021
Sherri

Reviewed on 16/03/2023

Jane Has Amazing Customer Service

Pros

Very easy system to learn, accurate and well laid out. Customer service is outstanding, besides the Help Guide, the accessibility of Jane Team members to answer questions in a timely manner is incredible.

Cons

Would like to be able to have more than one email address per patient. Also, be able to have flexible pricing on some services as they vary occasionally, so we are required to set up a new product each and every time.

Response from Jane Software

Hi Sherri! Thank you for taking the time out of your day to share your experience using Jane. I can't express enough how much we appreciate your feedback.
It always makes me happy to hear that our customers are receiving the help they need in a timely manner. As our Jane Community grows, our team aims to provide the same level of service in terms of quality help and quick response times, regardless of the volume we may receive. If this level of service ever changes, please let us know :slightly_smiling_face:
Regarding Flexible Pricing, the use of Adjustments can be helpful. Whether you have patients on a sliding scale, or running a special promotion, Adjustments can accommodate those price changes. When it comes to creating products/inventory within Jane, each item would have to be created independently. However, if I understand correctly perhaps you may have variations of the same product and would then require varying pricing. If so, Jane does have an existing feature request for that which I have linked below for you!
I can appreciate the sentiment you shared about the need to have multiple email addresses on a patient profile. This has been a popular request amongst our community, especially within the Mental Health space and when working with children. If you haven't added a vote or shared your voice on our feature request, I would definitely encourage you to do so! I have also linked that feature request for you below.
Thanks for choosing Jane, and I hope you have a wonderful week.

Replied 28/03/2023
Garth

Reviewed on 03/05/2023

Best system for medical charting & scheduling that I have ever used

Using Jane has been outstandingly good, an aspect of my daily work that has simply made my professional life easier and more enjoyable. I have used various EMR systems in previous years (such as InputHealth) which were terrible by comparison, a constant headache, and much more expensive too.

Pros

It is easy to use, inexpensive, obviously well thought-out, is reliable, never any serious problems with it, and for minor issues the staff are rapidly responsive and helpful. It has the features I need for convenient, rapid scheduling, including recurrent appointments, notes, and billing (linked to a Canadian public healthcare service plan). It has automated appointment reminders and you can create & send your own questionnaires or intake forms before appointments, which I have found very useful.

Cons

I would like Jane to be able to keep stored files in different folders (such as lab reports, specialist reports, letters, etc.); at present all downloaded files are in the same single folder. Then it would be good to sort through these files alphabetically or by date, etc. It could be useful to send & receive faxes or other files automatically within the system. At present I have to export files (such as reports) from Jane to other software before faxing, or create the files elsewhere (such as for prescriptions) before faxing.

Response from Jane Software

Hi Garth,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write such a detailed review!
Overall, I am thrilled to hear that Jane has made your life easier and more enjoyable, I can't wait to share that with the rest of our team!
As a solo practice, automating as many tasks as possible can be a huge time saver, and I am glad to hear that the Recurring scheduling, Appointment Reminders, and Intake Forms have been useful for you.

Organizing Files in a patient profile and having an Integrated Fax option are two features our community has been vocal about! We do have a Feature Request Page where you can vote/comment on these features and when updates are made you will also be notified :slightly_smiling_face:
You can find those feature requests here:

Thanks for choosing Jane! We are so glad to have you and we are excited to be on this journey with you.

Replied 17/05/2023
Kevin

Reviewed on 03/06/2023

Jane 8/10 Overall

Despite the flaws it still makes my life much easier than if I didn't have it, so that is good enough for me.

Pros

The overall practice management is great. It allows me to run both the business and clinical sides of my practice in one cloud-based software package.

Cons

The lack of a secure messaging tool is a big hole in the product and one that I am surprised has not been fixed yet. Other tools have this, and hopefully they will add this soon. In their patient management system, there is only one email address that can be used on a record. As I work a lot with teens, I would love there to be a way to send email reminders to one email address for appointments or even to two simultaneously. I do my note taking within an appointment chart on my ipad, and compared to other applications the "sketch" pad in Jane is not that great. While in other apps, I can put my hand on the ipad while writing, in Jane it results in dots and lines being added all the time. Its more of a nuisance than a problem.

Response from Jane Software

Hey Kevin, thanks for posting your review!
I am happy to see those 8 stars, and hear Jane has helped make your life easier! However, good enough is not what I want for you, and our team is keen on improving Jane to earn those 2 extra stars.

Secure messaging is a big-ticket item the team has been actively working on, and I know many customers, like yourself are looking forward to.
You also mentioned a need for Multiple Emails on File and Improved Sketch Features in Jane. These are existing feature requests you are also able to comment on and vote on
At this time, I don't have any information on when these will be released, however, you are able to vote/comment on and once updates are released you will be notified. I will link those features requests for you below :slightly_smiling_face:
Our team frequently reviews these requests as it influences future development of Jane!
Thank you for trusting Jane with your practice!

Replied 21/06/2023