Birdeye Reviews

About Birdeye

Birdeye is the top-rated reputation management and digital customer experience platform for local brands and multi-location businesses. Over 100,000 businesses leverage Birdeye’s AI-powered platform to engage seamlessly with...

Browse Birdeye Reviews

John Regan
John Regan

Reviewed on 24/09/2019

Great to get real time compliments via facebook and google from customers! our managers love...

fantastic. Everyone is personalable and knowledgeable.

Pros

The real time alerts, when a customer rates us on Google!

Cons

It was a bit slow to intergrate with our self storage software.

Reasons for Choosing Birdeye

they would NOT intergrate with our software and were slow to respond to emails and concerns

Reasons for Switching to Birdeye

discount with co op and also you have great reviews and internet feedback
Virginia

Reviewed on 19/04/2023

We've been using Birdeye effectively for upwards of 3 years

Love how you can set it and forget it and it will do its job month after month, year after year, reliably.

Pros

The ease of integration and automation to dental practice management systems for us and our clients is superb. Super simple to install. Customer service has also been superb, they are dedicated to solving problems.

Cons

The actual interface can sometimes be a bit difficult to navigate.

Swell

Problems with Reviews not getting published to the Google Profile

Solutionreach

Reasons for Switching to Birdeye

Multiple features in Birdeye were superior to Swell. Price was better also.
Samantha

Reviewed on 10/06/2024

Samantha Flynn's Review

I really appreciate the IT team. They are always helpful and willing to teach!

Pros

The ease of the platform set up. I also really like the social media scheduler with AI capabilities

Cons

Cannot input graphic into email campaigns. App is not very robust.

Top Birdeye Alternatives

Matt

Reviewed on 10/06/2024

Absolute Nightmare

Pros

Local listing management worked OK, but this is an extremely basic service that we could have gotten 100's of places.

Cons

Clients could not use the system due to constant bugs, outages and downtime, along with confusion about how to access services within the system in spite of training we had to perform ourselves because BirdEye offered no support. They wanted us to work with their overseas teams to diagnose and fix bugs in their own product. Rude and combative customer support for the past 6+ months. Without a doubt the worst vendor we've worked with in our 12+ years in business.

Evyn

Reviewed on 21/03/2024

Birdeye Platform Review

Birdeye has its ups and downs like any platform, but I do enjoy using it. Especially the contacts I have at Birdeye. They are always super helpful and responsive!

Pros

Everything is in one place and there is a suite of products that can make everything all-encompassing.

Cons

Sometimes it can be glitchy or take a while to load. Now and then, there's an update and that update may erase listing data. Sometimes there's an issue with the Google Business Profile connection where it doesn't send data or information to GBP.

Reviewed on 22/07/2020

An Essential for Anyone with a Customer-centric Workflow

I've had Birdeye in my corner for going on 5 years now and they always work to make my job easier. Their team is on the pulse of the situations that arise with my/clients' usage, and it's appreciated every time.

Pros

I like Birdeye's capabilities as a service to allow you more functionality for your clients, whether it's the reports or the tags/tickets you can assign. It's an easy tool to onboard and everyone loves it upon logging in.

Cons

The problems with aggregation of reviews/responses to various other platforms (Yelp, Apts.com, aptRating) can be a bit concerning when reviewing your actions with clients.

Opiniion and Podium

Reasons for Choosing Birdeye

The functionality of JTurner's reputation platform is years behind. While a great source for data/research, it's not the best tool to use for this service. Luckily, I was able to identify that as an issue within weeks of entering my role.

Reasons for Switching to Birdeye

While both products serve their certain purposes, Birdeye's consistent growth of their service/platform and connectivity to other things made it an easy decision. Truthfully, all of these platforms are nods away from being the "same thing" but Birdeye sticks out because of the support you get along the way.
Amy

Reviewed on 30/04/2021

Automated Reviews Made Easy!

Overall I am very pleased with the product. It is a huge improvement from who we previously used. They continue to innovate their product and are open to suggestions. They find solutions and are dedicated to customer satisfaction.

Pros

I like how I can customize reviews to brand them for each of my clients' needs. Automation is a huge benefit as I can now offer this product to a wider variety of my clients.

Cons

There are some platforms such as FieldEdge that they offer to integrate with but it is not a true integration. They have a dedicated team to pull contacts to send customer review requests through cloud based access, but it lacks a seamless effort at times.
More platforms to fully integrate on would be beneficial, Such platforms would be: Successware, Payzer, FieldEdge, dESCO.

Grade.us , ReviewBuzz and Podium

Reasons for Choosing Birdeye

Nearby Now lacked the ability to automate on a number of platforms. It also did not offer the variety of customizations that Birdeye does. Our company wanted to focus more on earning third-party reviews, whereas Nearby Now focused more so on earning first-party reviews on their platform first which we do not find as valuable as Google and Facebook.

Reasons for Switching to Birdeye

It offered the most for what we were looking for in a product: customization, multiple methods to generate reviews on, focus on 3rd party review generation, cost-effective, and automation.
Colin

Reviewed on 03/02/2023

Effective tool to boost your online reviews and keep customers happy

Overall, my experience with Birdeye has been very positive. The ability to build campaigns with templates and automate the sends has been a game-changer for us. I can't argue with the results on the review side of things. There are still some features we haven't utilized yet, like CRM integration.

Pros

The ability to direct customers to multiple review sites has allowed us to target key review platforms and have an immediate impact. We have been piloting Birdeye for one of our office locations and the results have been amazing. So far, in about 7 months, we have increased our Google reviews +110%, Facebook +68% and BBB +260%. I've also run some preliminary numbers on impact of organic search traffic and early indications suggest that Birdeye has given us at least a 5-10% boost in "discovery" searches on our GMB page. The ease of use of this software has been great. The automations have freed up time to focus on other things. The webchat has also been a very effective tool to get ahead of potential issues and keep customers happy, or at least prevent them from getting overly upset. That's been an added bonus for sure. The website review widget is a nice feature - putting our growing / positive online reputation on prominent display when our customers visit our website.

Cons

I would like some more integration with google analytics. We do get some spam that comes through the web chat - not an unusual amount, but it is a bit annoying and seems to come in waves.

Podium

Reasons for Switching to Birdeye

the fact that it could do webchat and referral automation was what put me over the edge

Response from Birdeye

We love all of the results you provided from the impact of Birdeye! AMAZING! Thank you so much for sharing, Colin. We are looking forward to your continued success. :)

Replied 08/02/2023
Matthew

Reviewed on 07/04/2023

Support is key and Birdeye gets that.

I had a ridiculous stack of software before Birdeye. Now I manage all my clients in one easy to use dashboard.

Pros

The only software company that didnt hand me off to another account executive once they onboarded me.

Cons

As much as I love the UI. They could open it up a bit more for customizations

Thryv , Yext and Vendasta

Reasons for Choosing Birdeye

Cost, complete software, support and simplified services.

Reasons for Switching to Birdeye

Cost, the ability to turn on and off features and the amazing support and follow up I got during the sales process
Charly

Reviewed on 11/01/2024

Great product and affordable

Great onboarding and support. Their onboarding team was so patient with us to make sure we were happy.

Pros

So many additional features without having to hire another partner.

Cons

So far after a year we have had great success.

Conor
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 03/02/2023

Terrible Review Company

Worst review service on the market right now. Before moving to Birdeye I would get between two to three 5 Star reviews a week just from my team texting customers. After moving to Birdeye I got one review in a month. Then when I asked to cancel, they refused to because I signed a contract for a year. The fact they make customers sign year contracts proves that they know their system does not work well. DO NOT USE!!

Pros

Nothing, the system does not work, and I hope people don't get stuck in the contact like me.

Cons

Bait and switch, lock you into a contract, does not generate new reviews, terrible onboard, hard to use.

Podium

Reasons for Switching to Birdeye

They seemed like a good honest company that would help my business grow. Unfortunately, that was not the case. I am a small business, and every dollar has to be used efficiently to grow my business. This system does not work and now they are locking me into the contract to a service that does not do the job I am paying it to do.

Response from Birdeye

Hi Conor, I apologize for this experience you have faced. I want to make things right and resolve this for you. Please email me at [email protected] so I can further assist.

Replied 07/02/2023
Aaron

Reviewed on 31/07/2019

Best Reputation Management Platform

I have been working with BirdEye for about 24 months now with multiple clients. I was on the team to originally decide on BirdEye as the reputation management platform for a large medical company. I have since moved on to build a digital marketing agency and recommend BirdEye for any brick-and-mortar business.

Pros

I like the performance. I have worked and continue to work with clients with 1 - 250 different locations with BirdEye, and the growth my clients have achieved is incredible. From the ease of use to the pure engagement rate, everything functions well to drive high-quality leads to businesses, resulting in more and more business.[

Cons

Paying the bill? I mean, if it was free I would like it more. However, the cost is affordable for the benefits it provides. I would love if they had capabilities to work with eCommerce clients to drive product reviews as well.

Reasons for Switching to Birdeye

Integrations and ease of use. Also, they beat the competitor price.
kyle
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 12/03/2020

IMPOSSIBLE TO GET OUT OF THERE CONTRACT!!! YOU WILL BE STUCK LIKE ME

It was a good service but there contract is made to keep you stuck year after year. Good luck ever getting out of it.

Pros

So sad because they actually have a decent platform but we have tried on multiple occasions to cancel our membership because our new system has a similar feature that took the place of this. We have called, emailed, etc and our Rep doesn't call us back once he knows we are trying to cancel. Then magically when he finally calls us back he informs us that we just missed the cut off to cancel and were stuck for another year. Another $4200 down the drain. Don't take my word for it, take all the rest of people who have met the same fates word for it by reading all other negative reviews online. Sad when any company who is supposedly doing legitimate business has to trap you with this auto renewal and then claim its our fault for not canceling in time. Now they are saying I cant do anything until September again even though we have tried multiple times to cancel this.

Cons

You can never get out of your contract that supposedly you are suppose to be able to after the first year. The Rep knew we were trying to cancel but yet finally got a hold of us after the "cut off" date that auto renews us. I cant believe when you have been a loyal customer for 3 plus years they still feel the need to trap you into this. I understand the first year but after many years to trap you like this is horrible business practices. I dont want any money back, all I want is to be done. It served its purpose but now Im done but they claim Im stuck until September but Im not even allowed to put in a future cancellation request. No I have to go through the whole year and try all over again to get a hold of them in there slim cancellation window and Im sure they will magically avoid our call and then magically not call us back until after its to late. My advice to anyone is find a company to do this same thing for you that doesnt have this fine print auto-renewal because you will stuck just like I am.

Kim

Reviewed on 29/09/2022

Birdeye takes the work out of asking for reviews

Birdeye has a strong customer relations team. They genuinely seek to provide optimal service. They are caring and will resolve any concerns.

Pros

We use Birdeye for a multi-doctor practice. The reviews are sent to our patients after they leave our office. I check the dashboard regularly and respond to received reviews. The dashboard is easy to use.
One feature that I appreciate is that each review states which location the patient was seen at and which doctor saw the patient.
I can also "add a tag" with the name of the doctor that referred our patient to our practice.

If I am looking for a review to use for a radio ad or in a marketing piece, I can search the reviews by doctor, location, procedure done, or key words.

On a side note, we have a contest each month in our office of which doctor and team received the most reviews for the month! This encourages our team members to provide the highest quality of service to our patients and they also remind the patient that they are getting a review request and to please fill it out.

Cons

Years ago, when we first joined there were glitches in the software and the review requests would not send out. I could always tell because I would stop receiving reviews.

Response from Birdeye

Amazing success story, Kim! We love hearing how Birdeye has helped your practice. The monthly contest sounds so fun! What a great way to keep your team engaged and on top of things! Thanks for sharing. :)

Replied 04/11/2022
Janai

Reviewed on 22/02/2022

I have experienced a positive relationship with Birdeye. They are readily available when I have questions and they are making me aware of what other products are available should I need them.

Pros

Birdeye delivered everything they promised, this is the best money we ever spent for marketing. People use social media constantly to make choices for where they purchase products, where they want to travel and definitely to find doctors in their area. Birdeye has brought our practice up to the forefront in how easily people can find us on the web. It is also great to have our patients give such great reviews, although we can't always make people happy its good to hear where we need improvement. I would highly recommend Birdeye for any business.

Cons

Birdeye is very good about making sure we are happy with their product and want to meet on a regular basis, with the practice being very busy it is not always convenient to meet with them. This is a also a pro for this company in that they are always available and want to make sure we are content with their product.

Response from Birdeye

Hi Janai! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us! We are thrilled Birdeye has been the solution to the problem for your practice! We look forward to hearing about your continued success in your practice. Thanks for being a Birdeye customer!

Replied 04/03/2022
Nicole

Reviewed on 07/05/2019

Terrific Business Software

They are always on the ball to provide help and respond to questions. Terrific overall experience. I have recommended your business to other friends who are in business ownership and will continue to recommend you.

Pros

Review organization and management. Internet scanning for reviews.

Cons

I am still a newer user to the software because it is our hygienist who enters in the clients for review requests. I happen to be the individual responsible for review tracking and replying. I did not like a recent situation where the BirdEye software changed our Facebook Profile and Cover photo to match each other, to our logo one morning at 3am. I have talked with BirdEye about this and we are on the same page for the future. We did change our cover photo and profile photo back to the original photos we have selected. We should all be good moving forward now and it did not alter my exceptional rating and perception of BirdEye as a company. We think you are terrific!!!!

Response from Birdeye

Hi Mary,

We are sorry about the FB profile changing! Good news is you can now manage all that within the dashboard, but I totally understand the frustration and glad you got it back to what you wanted quickly! By the way, Flower Mound Dental is one of our favorites!! Thanks for all the recommendations! Don't forget to fill out the referral form so we can pay you for all your referrals! The form is on the website or on the login screen :-).

Replied 08/05/2019
Orlando
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 25/04/2023

Good, until you contact customer service

Their platform has its uses, but there are other options with much better customer support and that don't just see you as money.

Pros

It provides a single page to see various messaging platforms (Facebook, Instagram, SMS, etc.). So, we can see all in one page, instead of having to go to different platforms.The Reviews page is nice. You can link your third-party review pages (Facebook, Google, BBB, etc.) and have one single link that provides the customer the opportunity to review your business in the platform of their choosing. You can also see the amount of reviews you achieved in certain periods (months, quarters, years), and provides you the ability to establish a goal of number of reviews (ex. 25 reviews in a month).

Cons

The messaging page becomes a cluttering mess if you have multiple users working the messages. You can assign chats to a certain user, but in the main page (where you see all messages) you still get the mess of every chat even if it's already assigned. So, it becomes messy, enough to uninspire you to work with the platform.The mass text messages feature creates a total chaos in the messages window when you start receiving replies. The platform does not provide features to organize your messages.All of our employees decided to use other platforms in order to work because the Birdeye platform was simply too messy.Regarding Birdeye's customer service and support, it's like speaking to a brick wall. They don't value you as a client. When you want to remove a feature because you know you will not use it, they ignore you. When you want to cancel your account, they don't care and force you to be another full year with them.

Response from Birdeye

Hi Orlando, We appreciate your feedback. If you are ever needing assistance with cancellation, please reach out to me directly at [email protected].

Replied 02/08/2023
Lisa

Reviewed on 20/01/2019

Are you the best ?

Out overall experience has been tremendous! We really care about our patients. We are a husband and wife team and we treat them like our family. We have high skill level too and our team is dedicated too in treating and caring for each patient and when they ask patients to fill out the email when they get it after their appointment, it is always a 5 star review ! It is the best way to show new prospective new patients that are looking to come to a practice that want to be treated that way too ! They want to be listened too , not to be hurt,& they want to understand wants going on . They also want to be able to smile and feel good about themselves again. And do it in a way that they can afford it and we seem to make that work for them . And this birdeye reviews is a way that they express it to us . Get it ! Now ! Unless you suck .... then don’t because people will tell you but maybe that’s good too and then you’ll know that you need to step up your game or fire someone or maybe more than just someone maybe everyone and start over with a whole new team and a new mission statement..... wow ... food for thought 😉

Pros

The software is Easy to use! Just send out an email asking the patients do do a review . Fill in your own questions .

Cons

There is nothing that I don’t like about the software really

Dawn

Reviewed on 23/07/2020

Game Changer

We have been partners since 2015 and we encourage clients to use the Birdeye technology. Thank you for the quality work that you provide!

Pros

Birdeye has allowed our business owners to exponentially build their online presence and brand reputation through new Google reviews! The automated text message and email makes it super easy and efficient for the business owner and the customer. And our business owners love the feed that can be embedded on their website to showcase the quality reviews submitted.

Cons

It's been a great experience using the product yet we would prefer to have the option to choose whether to have the average rating show ...this seems to be an issue at the start of service where maybe the rating isn't the best it can be until new reviews are generated.

Response from Birdeye

Love it! So glad to hear your clients are loving the testimonial widget! That's a great tool to use to showcase all of their awesome reviews they worked hard for.

Replied 31/07/2020
Camila

Reviewed on 17/03/2022

Simple communication with customers

BirdEye is user-friendly, it integrates with Rent Manager to be able to identify specific triggers to send survey requests, all data can be managed in one dashboard in a very organized way, the support team is friendly and professional in every call/email I have received.

Pros

BirdEye has a lot of feature that help communicate with customers and manage all the reviews from different pages on one dashboard. The webchat/receptionist feature creates a simple way of communication via text that saves time answering questions for multiple people at a time.

Cons

We would love to have an automatic schedule setting to turn ON/OFF the webchat on the website to prevent having customers contacting us out of the business hours.

Response from Birdeye

Hi Camila! We are pleased to hear that you are enjoying our features and seamless integration with Rent Manager! Birdeye is completely customizable so feel free to always reach out to support at [email protected] o they can customize how you want. Thanks for your feedback!

Replied 25/03/2022
Fadia

Reviewed on 10/01/2019

Why walk if you can fly!!!! Use Birdeye

Our patients are walking advertisements for our office and Birdeye has been the best method to voice their opinions.

Pros

The benefits outweigh the cost. Using Birdeye has increased our presence socially and physically.
One of the best investments I made in our office. Can't say enough about the benefits and the ease of using this product.

Cons

I was hesitant at first to do business with someone who is across the states and would only communicate by phone or email. Little did I know, the staff goes out of their way to answer any questions and if a problem arises and we need assistance, they are on top of the issues quick.
I wish I knew about Birdeye sooner. The sky will be the limit

Response from Birdeye

Fadia, thanks so much for your great feedback. We love that you are benefiting so much from using BirdEye! Sky is definitely the limit for your practice! We're honored you consider BirdEye "one of hte best investments" for your practice! Thanks for being a BirdEye customer!

Replied 11/01/2019
Deborah

Reviewed on 10/11/2022

Good for reputation management

For overall reputation management Birdeye is great, when review requests are sent out. I feel like sometimes this is hit or miss. It's like when we get closer to renewal time we start to get reviews but in the midyear it drys up and we get nothing.

Pros

I like that it allows us to request and receive reviews for Google, we also get text messaging through the app with Birdeye but we have to physically generate the messages.

Cons

We can not get any automated text message reminders through Birdeye, we want a service provider for this service. There are other features but they are at an additional cost. Also one of the Birdeye employees was badgering me to sign a two year contract instead of our usual one year contract. And he charged my credit card for additional fees as well without my knowledge.

Response from Birdeye

Hi Deborah, we appreciate your feedback. If you are ever having any concerns or facing any issues please reach out to us at [email protected] so we can take care of your needs immediately. Thanks for choosing Birdeye!

Replied 01/12/2022
Pia

Reviewed on 19/02/2023

Customizable As Per Our Needs And Great Customer Support

Birdeye completely instructed us on how to use the platform and automated my system. Using it is pretty simple. I love being able to generate original insights with competitor monitoring, which is a great feature.

Pros

The workload of a one-person marketing team is immediately reduced by automated service. The platform serves as your one-stop shop for all business correspondence. It has made it incredibly simple to interact with and keep in touch with our customers outside of our physical stores. Also, customer service responds quite quickly.

Cons

They need to expand the functionality accessible from each screen and reorganize their drop-down menus. A longer and occasionally confusing integration procedure.

Response from Birdeye

We are excited to hear how your loving Birdeye's competitive benchmarking feature!

Replied 07/04/2023
Brant

Reviewed on 22/07/2020

Excellent Review Management Product With Extras

Pros

Easy to setup and use. They have a large set of free resources to help you get the most out of their product. You can monitor just about every review site you can think of. It notifies you of reviews so you can easily reply to them. It also has other helpful features like business listing management so your business listings are the same. You can also get their interactions product to help you connect with customers. The reporting and analytics is easy to use and understand.

Cons

as new features come out they usually cost extra and are not bundled in.

Jack
Jack

Reviewed on 04/06/2022

A Sad Ending

Birdeye doesn't listen. My overall experience ended with my retirement, effective May 12, 2022. I'm being charged, post-retirement, through January 2023 on a 12-month contract. I no longer require Birdeye's services but Birdeye will not accept cancellation of my account. I can only assume Birdeye expected me to plan my retirement around the existing contract. I can't recommend Birdeye to my colleagues (as I always have in the past); in fact, I'll recommend an alternative platform. The way Birdeye has managed the end of our relationship shows a complete lack of class. Why would I recommend Birdeye to colleagues who are also friends?

Pros

The software produced the results we were after.

Cons

No complaints about the software, only policy and people.