About Procore

Procore manages your projects, resources, and financials from project planning to closeout. The platform connects every project contributor with the owner and general or specialty contractor. The centralized dashboard allows...

Browse Procore Reviews

2,442 of 2,442 reviews
Chaya K. Chaya K.

Reviewed on 06/02/2019

Procore for Mid-Size General Contractors

The project management tools do allow for strong collaboration on issues and to have a lot of the pieces of a construction project in one place. Perhaps if Procore would have had a more flexible subscription option, and allow for use of the PM tools without paying for the tools we couldn't implement, we would have wanted to continue our subscription longer.

Pros

Strong Project Management capability including Contact Management per job, Submittal & RFIs workflows and approvals with ease of communication on mobile devises. Also, syncing with Microsoft Project schedules is a time-saver, and allows views for updated project schedules in calendars. On a customer support level, I did find the live chat very helpful as well as all the Procore tutorials on the various features. I also greatly valued how documents could be uploaded and the system would recognize the drawing page references and label accordingly when saving.

Cons

Insufficient as a sole source for accounting services, and does not support information transfers in/out of QuickBooks desktop versions (even with support of Procore connectors). Therefore, accounting team needs to duplicate efforts and manually update prime contracts. Additionally, the accounting module does not really communicate with the project management module so challenged to know as a team what stage project is in, and no easy way to get budget forecasts. Also, navigation around the program was not very logical and user-friendly for many staff members. Lastly, when we experienced a big hurdle with the accounting features, it took months to speak to a support representative who could talk through the issues. Perhaps if Procore would have had a more flexible subscription option, and allow for use of the PM tools without paying for the tools we couldn't implement, we would have wanted to continue our subscription longer.

Emily W. Emily W.

Reviewed on 08/04/2021

We love Procore

Procore is truly helping our interaction from office to field- it helps us to stay on top of drawings, distributions, etc and not skip a beat from getting it out of one persons hands and into the next. It is interactive and allows us to share pertinent details with appropriate people, and keep it all in one spot.

Pros

We love the ability to work WITH our subs on our project management software, instead of it being an in-house only product.

Cons

There are a LOT of working points and a lot of tiny steps that are required to make certain workflows function properly. Once you get the hang of it, it's a breeze but getting there can be tough.

Spencer D. Spencer D.
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 27/12/2018

Procore Year End Review

Emails generated by Procore seem to get ignored more often than not and I believe this is due to their generic nature. For instance, if I am a subcontractor sitting at my computer and I get a Procore notification (or dozens), I don't know if its a submittal request, an invitation to bid, or an update to the drawings. And if i'm getting dozens of these notifications each day, it becomes difficult to prioritize. I've noticed that subcontractors are much more willing to respond to a personal email than to a Procore email. It would be helpful if a Procore notification could more closely resemble a regular email. Who it's from, the subject, short and sweet.

Pros

Procore's construction management tools are both easy to use and functional. Some of the best features that come to mind are the Drawing tool's ability to keep track of current drawings while still being able to review superseded drawings, the Submittal tool's ability to assign submittals to subcontractors so that they know exactly what is required and when it is expected by, and the Punchlist tool's ability to simplify the tracking process and even pinpoint each item to a specific location on the drawings.

Cons

All construction companies have a different way of doing things but Procore, in a way, forces everything to be done a certain way. If you try and tweak things to mimic your company's way of doing things, it may break some of the automated functionality within the software which may cause a lack of continuity and create the potential for user error. Also, some of the tools could use some major improvements. The Drawing tool's markup options are great but they are inconsistent. For instance, when adding text, the only way to change the font size is with a slider bar which makes it difficult to keep things consistent. Also, would it be possible to get a copy and paste feature? The Directory tool is great at keeping companies and users organized and it would be incredibly helpful for companies to add some custom features. For instance, my company likes to track how many employees a company might have, and the states that they are willing to work but there isn't a good way of noting this.

Top Procore Alternatives

OpenGov Citizen Services

Autodesk Construction Cloud

SmartBid

Patricia C. Patricia C.
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 14/02/2017

Great Project Collaboration Tool!

Procore is extremely easy to use and learn. The online training videos are brief and well organized to teach what you need to know. We were able to very quickly ramp up our project and start using Procore for our project team and found most of our subcontractors were also interested in seeing Procore in action. Any interactions I have had with customer support or their designers has always been extremely helpful. It's always great to get a call request from the designers related to a suggested change that you put in wanting to make sure that what they are looking to do will meet your expectations or at least how they can better meet your expectations. I love signing into Procore and having the popups telling me what new changes they have implemented overnight, shows they are always growing and improving their product to better meet the needs of their clients.

Pros

Very easy to use and set up the preferences. Document uploads are simple drag and drop functions in most areas. Creating user access templates and controlling or restricting access to certain areas of the platform is very easy. Individuals at all levels throughout the process are fairly easily able to understand what they need to do as it is very intuitive.

Cons

The user access setting need to be customizable at a lower level of detail, I would have rated five stars for Features & Functionality if it weren't for this. I find myself having to give people within the group full Administrative rights to tools in order for them to do what should be a task available at a lower level without full rights to change setup of the tool. If you aren't doing the same or extremely similar projects each and every time, there needs to be a Corporate level for reporting purposes and what they now have as "Company" level would be more the project level for those projects that are almost identical and/or being performed by the same project group. Changes made to the company level affect all the projects underneath that company and many settings are only at the Company level so if your projects aren't VERY similar to each other this may not work out well. In our case, Procore has managed a work around for this but it causes many of the executive dashboard functions to not work right. Limited customization but with a little ingenuity you can figure out ways to make things work.

Brynne D. Brynne D.

Reviewed on 01/08/2016

Procore - Great Software Program for General Contractors

Pros

There are numerous things I like about Procore. What I like best about Procore would be that it is a great organizational tool. It helps streamline every day tasks, whether it be sending submittals to be approved or simply keeping track of time spent on site. The fact that it helps so much with time management (which is key for project planning) is a crucial aspect of the software which makes me really enjoy it. It makes life easier by keeping record of just about every aspect of a project. It's extremely helpful that Procore keeps track of emails for you in regards to things like submittals. This makes it so there is no confusion about whether or not an email was actually sent or received. The software also allows construction documents to get approved in a more time efficient manner. I love that the architect, or whomever is the approver, can do so online via a credible software instead of just word of mouth, or in an email. It is much more legitimate. In terms of the vendor, they have been great. Their customer service is outstanding. They are readily available to help no matter what time of day it is - which is wonderful. They also provide many tutorials and seminars to help get a deeper understanding of the software and all that it does. Every time I have contacted customer service they have been quick and to the point. I really appreciate this because when I am at work, my time is even more valuable and I have a sense of urgency with everything I do. Being in the construction industry there are always crucial deadlines that are important to make. I don't have time to sit and chat with customer service for hours as they ask me annoying protocol questions that jump around the initial question that I have. So Procore has really been great with that.

Cons

Some of the layout is bothersome. For example, the project directory. The project directory would be better for close out documents if it was organized in a different way. I would love to see procore organize it by division. The software is also rather costly. It is a big expense, though I have found it to be worthwhile.

Alex H. Alex H.

Reviewed on 07/04/2015

Procore Review 04/07/2015

Pros

Field coordination when your firm isn't on the levels of remote servers. Our site trailers don't have access to our server aside from a cruddy desktop remote log in. A good number of our sites we've only got a super with a laptop, maybe even just a cellphone or tablet on the tiny ones. This allows us to do our documentation in the office and we have all those records in proper order and a single place when out in the field. No more dependence on supers to create their own folder structure for that documentation. The vendor is usually pretty attentive and able to assist.

Cons

Product is still being built. It is a huge tool that is always expanding. Has more than you think you need sometimes, but sometimes you find something you need and it cannot help you with. Drawing tool can't support multiple sets (e.g. multiple building projects), Documents tool doesn't have the markups you see in other tools within Procore (like drawings), many things with the bidding tool, etc. Least favorite about the vendor is when they've so many things on the road map, it's impossible to know exactly when, or if, some features will be implemented. Whether they are very simple, or complex. Getting increasingly harder to submit ideas for improvement as well. Seems to have changed from the post idea and vote ideas system. Or maybe something was just rearranged in a less clear manner.

Reviewed on 01/08/2016

Hub of Information

Procore allows all levels of production to access information in one place. Our AP people can also access certain information. We can also set permissions for our Architects/Engineers, subcontractors, and third party inspectors to view project plans, specifications, documents, pictures, reports, and schedules.

Pros

Everything can be in one place. The ease of access to files, and large files, is great and increases our productivity. The apps for my phone and ipad help me to access plans on walk-throughs without packing the entire set of plans. My field personnel can upload pictures and daily reports that I can access at any time to answer questions from our executives. With my laptop I can access anything in the system as an admin.

Cons

The size of the app on my ipad and iphone is huge.
The worst problem I have is with subcontractors setting up their own profile and learning to navigate the system. Once subcontractors learn what is possible and how little effort is involved, they typically love it, but getting over that hump is difficult.

Justin P. Justin P.

Reviewed on 03/02/2017

Procore construction software simplifies management

We signed up with Procore late 2016 in order to simplify the management of a large school project we were about to undertake. Well since then we have added other projects into the system and learned quite a lot and found many useful functions of the Procore system. Our office starts uploads the job files and drawings, our site managers and supervisors and sees what's going on, work on the schedule, check and mark up drawings if needed including making RFI's on site and dealing with them then and there. Everyone involved within the project can see what's happening and be informed of the progress, issues can be raised and dealt with quickly and efficiently and we can also carry out site inspections and record meeting notes within procure. Our office managers can follow budget tracking for a particular project, check costs and any variations, look at what cost variations relate to and how they impact the overall job. It basically takes all the smaller tools and a variety of different methods and integrates them into one package that's easy for everyone to use. Even our clients have a simple way to see what's going on with the project and photos of the progress.

Pros

It's easy to use (even for our not so technically minded staff) and the information can be accessed virtually anywhere with office staff entering information via the web and site managers through the iPad app. One of the biggest features is the control of drawings and document management, this ensures our site managers always have the latest information, avoids any confusion and streamlines any markups and RFI's.

Cons

Whilst the iPad app is good I believe it can be a lot better. We use Ipad Pro devices and there is a lot of screen real estate that can be taken advantage of with this app. We look forward to a revised iPad pro app that fully takes advantage of the system.

Frederick B. Frederick B.
  • Industry: Furniture

Reviewed on 16/01/2020

Project management software

So far the software has been a good way for our company to improve our project management processes and become more efficient overall.

Pros

Good initial onboarding and training from the company. This was very helpful so IT did not have to train. Easy to administrate. We were able to train a user to help facilitate some of the admin responsibility. Drawings are easy to edit and file storage is helpful. Project flow is great and has been helpful.

Cons

It is not easy to integrate with other platforms and requires assistance from the company. They should make that an easier process. Phone app is good but has room for improvement.

Clarissa W. Clarissa W.

Reviewed on 08/02/2018

Absolutely love having all my projects and all the data for each in one place!

Pros

Internet/cloud based - can work from and access project info anywhere!
Holds all of my projects, my contacts, and all the data for every project in one easy-to-use program. Everything I need is accessible from home, office, or the field.
Posting drawings and linking Documents, RFI's, Submittals, etc. is easy, and immediately updates those links and markups for everyone who needs to see them. I don't have to worry that one of my superintendents or subcontractors is building off of old drawings.
We are just starting to learn and set up the financial tools. I can already see the value in the way they work, and can track which subcontractors have and have not submitted change order pricing, or responded to a request for pricing.
I love the photo albums. The owners and clients we work with also loving having their job site cameras linked to a project's home page.
I'm incredibly impressed with the thoroughness of ProCore - if it's related to construction project management, ProCore has a Tool for it!!!

Cons

It has been very time-consuming to set everything up, and a little difficult to get some of our design teams to buy in to using it. However, with a little training and explanation a lot of them are starting to see the value in ProCore and appreciate the functions it has.

Alex Z. Alex Z.

Reviewed on 11/04/2017

Tailored for a certain type of business

Procore has helped us solve one of the fundamental problems we were experiencing. Multiple users using multiple softwares and files to track project level data, with no company wide consistency. Procore has helped us get all our project managers on the same platform using the same tools to manage day to day construction.

Pros

Accelerated learning curve. Great support structure and staff. Solid base of tools to get the day to day stuff done. I'm a big fan for what it has done for us so far.

Cons

Lack of an open platform like salesforce. Makes the development of custom tools difficult and very time consuming waiting for procore staff to create custom fit solutions. the platform as it stands now is not geared to multifamily projects with multiple buyer interactions, leaving us with cumbersome work arounds. Tools promised years ago still not delivered(such as adding change orders to specific cost codes versus a CO line item at the bottom of a G703), really hinders our full implementation.

Nick B. Nick B.

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

Very user friendly

We use Procore daily for all of our jobs. It is very easy to use on all platforms, from mobile to desktop, it's all very easy.

Pros

The greatest feature I think I have found yet is how easy it is to customize and set up how we as a company set up the jobs and features within the job.

Cons

Initially, the ability to customize certain inspections wasn't an option. That really created issues at first, but since our first implementation, there has been updates and upgrades to the entire platform that have already made a very user friendly product, even better.

Jaime a. S. Jaime a. S.

Reviewed on 12/01/2021

Foreman

Currently I’m working on a 9 Story Apartment building with Procore on my iPhone it’s easy to look up details don’t have to carry the big Laptop or IPad.

Pros

Making notes on the go like changes on the field or production notes, Request For Information (RFI) Material Submittal Etc.

Cons

Software is sometimes slow and lots of bugs.

Reviewed on 19/02/2018

We are Pro Procore!

Pros

Procore's customer service team is by far the biggest benefit of this program. They are available almost 24/7 to help with any of the programs features, and are always able to get down to the bottom of what we might've logged incorrectly or why a feature isn't working for us.
Data management is another huge pro. We love having all of our documentation in one place. We have had servers crash and lost all of our data in the past, so we know the value of knowing our project's data will always be there is a benefit we can't go without anymore.
Another pro I will share is the ability to keep our clients informed from the project's conception to completion. Our clients love logging into their project and viewing the highlights we have given them permissions to see. It gives them confidence and trust in us as General Contractors.

David P. David P.

Reviewed on 09/08/2017

If you want all your project information at your fingertips; this is for you.

A great system to store, keep, track and manage all of your direct and indirect project information. From simple document control, to contracts, changes, through the punch list. A great insurance policy.

Pros

One stop shop. The software can be used from Concept through close-out and is vital all the way through. It allows for either stand-alone of collaberative style projects.

Cons

As a Project management tool; that is not just for project managers, then there are very view cons. Where any system falls down is when you are asking it to do more then it should. Accounting and Estimating should be separate. We want and need our PM's to take the estimate and "Own" it by resorting and importing the budget that "they will buy as close to the final values as possible" and accounting is simply to ensure that if you get audited you win and allows for cost excellence.

Debra K. Debra K.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Reviewed on 08/12/2016

Procore - Review

I have used Procore for Construction Management and now the other side to track RFIs, Submittals, Drawings, Specifications and Documents. For drawings this program will allow the user to see documents, sketches and markups on the drawings themselves. Specifications are readably available to review and search easily. RFIs and Submittals, notification of documents nearing or over due when you log in. As for the Construction Management side Change Orders to Owners and Subcontractors allows reminders of what is approved and what is not and it just tracks things you might not otherwise consider. Customized reports and no more adding to an Excel spreadsheet makes this program efficient as well as user friendly.
Customer service is at your fingertips, with the ability to write a question and remain on the screen for direction and efficient answers within minutes.
Online training shows how to use the tabs available with short videos. There is also written instructions that can be done through searching key words. This makes this product VERY USER FRIENDLY. This product is used all day long and very little down time.

Pros

This product is so user friendly our contractors Project Engineer: Showed her how to submit RFIs and Submittals reviewing it with her on 5 documents. She is now proficient and with no assistance provides them to our PM daily.

Cons

After learning how to configure your project (easy to do) you can reduce the emails that go out. This is something that should be reviewed from the onset.

Victor A. Victor A.

Reviewed on 07/05/2018

Procore Rules the Project Management Software field!

Pros

Web Based Project Management Software that allows to merge project duties within a variety of options that allows integration with top leading software solutions in the construction field. Procore gives a easy navigation solutions, with an always tracking task feature over e-mail that will help you to leverage the tasks using defined roles. Procore Training path is well defined for each role within the construction project.

Cons

It can be complicated sometimes and can take some time to learn about all the features. E-mail notifications can overwhelm the pace of first response to tasks assigned to project team members. It's expensive so think twice before you run into start a purchase process, if your construction project won't allow you to invest in such high quality project management software solution don't you precipitate you could find other cheaper solutions.

James C. James C.

Reviewed on 15/11/2018

Great Time Saving Tool

Pros

Procore allows seamless integration with a lot of other softwares which makes it easy to bring all types of information into one cohesive system. The functionality of the drawing module is phenomenal. The markups tool, revision numbering by date issued, and allowing you to easily scroll through previous versions is super helpful.

Cons

There are some glitches in the submittal tool that don't allow you to change a workflow assignee from submitter to approver. I frequently run into an issue with RFIs where I cannot put "Question received from" a person different from the responsible contractor. In other words, if a mason raises a question about something that affects his work, but is really the work of a carpenter, it does not allow me to say that the question was received by the mason if it is the carpenter who will ultimately be responsible for doing the work.

Zachary B. Zachary B.

Reviewed on 04/05/2017

I've had great experiences with this software. Constantly promoted it and got new users to...

The ability to share and automatically notify a certain group of people without the need to remember to follow up with an email is nice. It also helps decrease the ability to forget someone if you distribute to the same group every time. It allows me to view my project(s) either on my computer or the iPad or iPhone.

Pros

The software is constantly updating to people's input and recommendations. The website is very easy to navigate and the mobile app is just as easy. The documents load quickly and the search functions are very good. The automatic notification system is great and you are allowed to modify as preferred.

Cons

The Cons I see are mainly in the way the accounts are set up on a company basis instead of a per project basis. It makes sense for some applications, but not useful for others.

Chad S. Chad S.

Reviewed on 01/02/2019

Works Great

I enjoy the program. I enjoy the classes they offer for ease of use and learning of the trade. The program is what we have all be waiting for in this industry. One program that has literally every aspect of the projects.

Pros

This is the best construction software I have seen. They offer the full range of management tools. Track the entire job. The field tools and access are hands down amazing. From daily reports to RFI's this software has it covered. With integral use of other programs as well.

Cons

You can work offline, but you are dependent on internet and this is no fault to the design. I do wonder as the company grows is there plan to expand the bandwidth of the server and what are there current capabilities in number of active users.

Nathan T. Nathan T.

Reviewed on 25/11/2018

Project Delivery - Redefined

- Great program, would recommend doing a test of it and seeing its full potential! Very happy with the team at Procore, they have a great support network which makes transition from your old software into this quite successful.

Pros

- Integrated project delivery system, it is an all encompassing software which was utilising to replace 3 - 4 existing processes that were currently in place. But, this has gone above and beyond simply replacing the software; it has streamlined the project delivery, including document management, RFIs, preconstruction and tendering and post completion

Cons

- Takes time to learn, especially teaching external subcontractors, clients and architects how to use it
- A few issues in terms of procore sync and sending transmittals, which have been resolved but also give you a sense that it isnt working and causes you to lose a bit of faith in the product

Benjamin Y. Benjamin Y.

Reviewed on 24/03/2017

Fantastic Constrcution Managment Software

We have been using Procore for about 3 years now. IT came with a few bumps to get fully integrated and to be honest we are still not using 100% of its capability. SO far it has been a blessing. We are more organized and more efficient than we have ever been.

Pros

Visibility and tractability, we are able to have everyone from the subs to the clients see all the project specific information at the click or touch of a button. With out going into all the specific tabs the level of detail that you can have on a project is almost limitless. Everything from simply managing your RFI's to managing detailed budgets.

Cons

Not a bad con but a con, the site updates so frequently that sometimes it is hard to keep up.

Ty H. Ty H.

Reviewed on 20/06/2018

Excellent Software

Pros

Procore provides one interface to keep track of multiple different document types and revisions. I really like the drawings tool. You can upload revised drawings as they come in and you don't have to worry about whether or not your set of drawings is current. The submittal process is very streamlined and your log is generated automatically.

Cons

The only Con I can think of is the time it takes to learn the software, but that goes with anything new. Getting employees in the field to use the tools at their disposal with the Procore App. is like pulling teeth sometimes, but if they will, the paperwork goes much smoother.

Reviewed on 02/10/2018

I like the product it's simple to use and I get the help I need right away.

Pros

I like the ease of use and intuitive design that is ever improving. Automated workflows make my life a lot easier when put to use. I like the interconnection between Drawings, Specs, Locations, RFI's, Submittals, Cost Codes, and Photos. Everything has a place but everything connects together when needed. Procore gets feedback from real contractors and heads their advice.

Cons

The e-mails that come through are still a bit confusing. They contain too much information and don't do a good job highlighting important things.

Kent S. Kent S.

Reviewed on 20/12/2018

Do you want to save time (& money)

This saves many hours per week, with increased efficiency. We have been able to double up on supervisors with extra smaller projects.

Pros

Features are easy to learn & use. The collaboration between the field tools & management tools make it easy to know what's happening on site & in the office. The subtrades love the software since all the necessary info for the project can be right at their fingertips at any time, including drawings, site instructions, specs, & submittals.

Cons

It can be hard to customize to current procedure methods, especially proposed change notices and the change order process.