Vagaro Reviews

About Vagaro

Vagaro is a cloud-based salon, spa and fitness business management solution that allows professionals to book appointments and manage various facility roles. It offers an integrated solution to manage bookkeeping, payroll, client...

Browse Vagaro Reviews

3,379 of 3,379 reviews
Axel
Axel
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 12/07/2022

It's great but unnecessary

It's awesome really really awesome but like I said is not necessary for small companys, maybe if you grow up in the future it is a better idea. Is your decision.

Pros

It's a good option for organize all the company schedule, there are so many functions for all, anyone can use this and is not necessary to know about this software, is so intuitive.

Cons

I really thing that is unnecessary beacuse you can do a lot of this things in other app for free, but some functions are only in this app that made it better. If you don't have the money for pay this, I really recommend use your phone calendar or something like that.

Google Calendar

It's free

Google Calendar

free

Response from Vagaro

Hello Axel. We appreciate the review. We'll definitely take your feedback into consideration.

Replied 01/08/2022
Khan Md Mohaiuminul Islam
Khan Md Mohaiuminul Islam
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 24/11/2023

As a small business Owner, Smart choice to deal daily activities.

As a small business owner, Vagaro is really helpful. By using the Vagaro app, users can easily appoint the service.
On my end, its very easy to set , and learn the basics, such as scheduling auto reminders and emails for customers. It has the option to identify roles like owner, sales customer service bookkeeper, etc., so I can easily divide tasks.

Pros

Simple to configure and set up; proper guidelines are available for that
As a small business owner, it is difficult to handle all the responsibilities associated with running a business. Vagaro really helps me to divide tasks and set automated reminders and emails.
Payment options also secure here.

Cons

Paying the swipe fee for every credit card transaction is kind of a headache for me. It's a good option to take a one-time payment, like in this situation.

Katrina

Reviewed on 10/04/2024

So easy to use!

Pros

I love how easy Vagaro is to use. I have been using it for over 6 years now in my studio salon and I absolutely love all of the available features. I also love how easy it is to customize everything for my business and how easy it is to
make changes on the go.

Cons

I don't like that there is not a feature to book particular services on select days but I did submit feedback about that and I received an email that it is being worked on!

Top Vagaro Alternatives

Hestin

Reviewed on 15/05/2024

Unreliable Software with Limited Support

I was so excited to use this program, but the lack of customer support and the basic functionality of their features make this a subpar product. Considering Mangomint and Fresha.

Pros

Initially, I thought this was going to be our all in one software. I looked at about 15 alternates and decided to choose Vagaro, despite it being a bit slower to operate than others, a clunky UI, and some missing features. Overall, I thought it had what I needed.

Cons

Where do I start..? I’m going to cover their main issue. The application is extremely unreliable and I cannot trust this application at all. I am very good with technology and report analysis. I have pulled various reports out of Vagaro that reflect completely inaccurate information, including their payroll reports. The gross pay amounts change each time you refresh the page - not kidding. My commissioned employees clock in and out and their hours are not reflected on the payroll report, causing state taxes to be underpaid and putting my business at risk. Don’t bother reaching out to customer support because they will shrug it off as a non-issue and claim you are operating things incorrectly. They’ll tell you that a feature request will be submitted on your behalf. Falls on deaf ears. Unreal. UI - The application frequently freezes up, screens lock you into a window, forcing you to refresh the page, losing all information contained. Setup - limited capabilities here so this will work fine if you are a basic salon. If you have any intricacies at all, don’t bother.

Mangomint and Fresha

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

All in one - I thought. Cost was competitive as well.

Response from Vagaro

Thank you for your candid feedback. Our team is actively working with you to resolve these issues. We take your concerns about the payroll reports, employee hours, and overall reliability seriously and are committed to finding a solution. We understand the impact this has on your business and are dedicated to addressing and resolving these problems.

If you have any additional questions, please reach out to us. We're here to support you and ensure your business operations run smoothly. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We value your feedback and are committed to making this matter right.

Replied 16/05/2024
Colette

Reviewed on 06/02/2024

Great for Salons

It's really been a great tool. It really does what I need it to do and they are adding to it every day it seems trying to make it better.

Pros

Really like that I can have a different room for each service and it is easy to use

Cons

Don't like that there are not better notifications for waitlist. Don't like how weird it is to find our Merchant details each month. The look of it could just be better somehow.

Amber
  • Industry: Performing Arts

Reviewed on 13/05/2024

great management tool

my overall experience has been great since using it for calendar purposes

Pros

it's a great management tool for small businesses who needs to keep track of customers and sales

Cons

the least i like about it is the adding of employees should be made simpler

Agatha
  • Industry: Machinery

Reviewed on 26/03/2024

A Great Tool For Payment Processing

Pros

It makes payment processing easy and also features great scheduling features

Cons

My experience with Vagaro has been amazing.

Anna
  • Industry: Consumer Goods
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 05/07/2023

Vagaro - great appointment scheduler

So great!

Pros

Love that the portal is integrated with the provider's full menu. It would be cute if it was the actual menu of offerings with the providers branding and brand vibe.

Cons

I wish I didn't have to pick appointments by week and that I could instead see by month. Secondly, it would be nice to show what's already blocked out by not allowing a click, instead of just saying "no appointments available go to next", don't allow me to see what's not there.

Orlando
Orlando
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Reviewed on 30/03/2024

Great for scheduling massages

Good experience an easily manageable calendar. I like the text received after i get an appointment. The calendar sync is slow but i do really like the calendar.

Pros

It has many features that i use and have a relative ease with.

Cons

It maybe the browser but sometimes buttons or features don’t work and stall out.

Harmony
  • Industry: Performing Arts

Reviewed on 15/04/2024

This thing rocks.

Pros

I love that Vagaro is available to my clients through any device that connects to the internet. They have a series of education videos right in the back office you can access on any page! So nice.

Cons

I would probably change the way people can pay on Vagaro in that I would like to be able to add my digital business accounts for people to pay such as Venmo, PayPal etc.

• Industry: Consumer Services
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 30/04/2024

Scheduling made easy

Pros

I like that I am able to keep track of all my service providers and that I am able to schedule and or change appointments when needed and its so easy.

Cons

I dislike the function of when trying to schedule and if you hit back it sends you to the very beginning rather then back to where you were at.

Cassandra

Reviewed on 03/02/2020

Easy to use / lacking functionality

I used Vagaro for a couple years but got rid of it because of how often their site would crash or freeze. I gave it another try after years with a desktop software because I was looking for a cloud based booking company . It was catostrophic to my salon . They didn’t transfer most of what was promised ( that I paid for) . I spend 3 days transferring all of my own things ( services products etc) then when I ran my payroll was all calculated wrong by hundreds of dollars . No one could tell me why . If is impossible to get a hold of anyone to speak to when you need help and when how do finally they act like they could care less. The functionality and detail just is not there ,

Pros

It was very easy to use and figure out without and specific training . I also like the online booking features and website they give you.

Cons

There is no ability to void any transaction when a mistake is made . Also their customer service is awful . Also I was led to believe they had a time clock when in actuality their do not unless you make an additional purchase of cards and a swipe machine .

Molly
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 11/08/2022

Is Varago is good for your company?

With Vagaro the purpose was always selling time. FIlling up the white space on the calendar with clients and making sure you did that as efficiently and productively each day as possible in order to create growth and profit for the company. Vagaro is a tool in which you are able to do that. But for bigger salons that need more details, reports, numbers, it does fall bit a short.

Pros

I liked that this system was super simple and straight forward. It is very easy to switch over to Vagaro from another company which is what we did. The ease of use is definitely a plus but it also was a reason why we left. It was not very detailed on other aspects that we needed more options and attention on.

Cons

I love a software company that has a well developed app for it's salon users. This is important for the team because they use this every hour to see and check their schedules. I think also the reports should have been more detailed and intricate but they may have improved that at this time. I don't think anything was difficult to use but because of it's ease of use, it meant that the software didn't really allow for as much information and details as we needed at the time to run a salon aiming towards growth. Things were hard to find or figure out because it wasn't provided in the reports or we had to add other features from outside companies to make up for lacking features.

Boulevard and Phorest

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

We were looking to find the right fit for our needs so that we could hit our growth and potential goals.

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

I ended up choosing Vagaro originally because I thought the ease of use was a huge selling point. However, we ended up switching over to Boulevard in the end.

Response from Vagaro

Thank you for the feedback, we love to hear that our software is easy to use. We recently released updates to our reports section based on the feedback that businesses were looking for more intricate data. You can check what other features we are currently working on here: https://feedback.vagaro.com/forums/915991-feature-requests

Replied 10/10/2022
Mohammad

Reviewed on 03/03/2023

Vagaro is the market place for the services you look for.

One of the great market places I have seen and dealt with. The support is really great when you have a complain.

Pros

Lots of services are available in one place, the options are great, cost is very low, you get lots of discounts, interfaces are great.

Cons

You might experience slowness in Vagaro at times and this is not due to internet. it could be because of the servers but this is rate to happen.

TrueCoach and Weave

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

Vagaro membership cost is much better, the support is better and it has more services.

WellnessLiving

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

Both systems did not have the requirements, not easy to learn how to go around, calendars do not sync. easily.
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Reviewed on 10/12/2019

Great scheduling software that is constantly getting better.

I have really enjoyed using Vagaro, it seems like whenever I am thinking of something I would love to have the ability to do Vagaro has either just rolled it out or rolls it out a couple of weeks later. Their dedication to constant improvement has made using Vagaro really great. I also love how easy it is to use day to day. My receptionists and I have used other software for scheduling and it was usually a mess, having everything clean, simple, and easy to use has made my day to day work life much easier.

Pros

There are so many things that I really love about Vagaro. I looked at a lot of different scheduling systems before deciding on Vagaro. The others that I looked at were either too bulky and complicated or were too simple and lacked key features. Vagaro strikes a great balance of being full-featured while keeping things simple, intuitive, and easy to use.

Cons

I wish there was a better way to add upgrades to services instead of having to add an upgrade as a separate service. I think this would make things easier for massage services which often have upgrades that are added onto the regular service.

Booker, Acuity Scheduling and Mindbody

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

Vagaro had the features and functionality that I needed in a clean easy to use format. Price was a big factor as well. Vagaro provides great value for the price. Great entry-level pricing that lets you get started and expand as you need.
Kyesolyn

Reviewed on 12/01/2020

My Search For Software Is Finally Over

Using Vagaro I've found that it puts me at ease and I no longer stress about confirmations, keeping up with clients schedule for services, I am able to get deposits, clients can book themselves according to the availability that have, I can offer specials/discounts and know that they are not only sent to clients but announced on the site. Using Vagaro has definitely help making marketing much easier.

Pros

The Vagaro Software is very easy to use and has a video tutorial option for anything you aren't sure about as well as customer service persons on hand. After reviewing and researching multiple programs I decided to give Vagaro a try because they have excellent reviews, extensive options for all areas of business that allows for growth, reports to follow sales patterns, customization for services and sales, free software for credit card charges when you sign up for services and so much more. Best of all, it won't break the bank and they continuously offer suggestions on how to increase sales and bring in more clients.

Cons

There aren't really any cons that I haven't been able to get help with via tutorial videos. If anything, there are so many options that I haven't learned everything the system can do after nearly 6 months. I feel like the system lags sometimes, but I cannot say for sure if it's the system or my connections.

Workplace from Meta, Booker and Acuity Scheduling

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

Easier and more creative marketing options, expansion options, better value

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

Ease of scheduling, rescheduling, canceling without having to contact us, ability to customize the system for my business, flexibility in booking, adding and removing services, ease of payment processing and collection of deposit for services.

Response from Vagaro

Hi Kyesolyn, thank you so much for your kind feedback. We greatly appreciate it and are so happy to have you as a Business on Vagaro!

Replied 11/02/2020
Cristene A

Reviewed on 21/05/2020

Best fit for a diverse business with an unbeatable price.

Overall my experience has been Wonderful. I seem to find more ways to expand, streamilne and save time every time I log in.

Pros

Vagaro has such wonderful functionality, its very user friendly, and the updates and offerings that were implemented to serve users during the pandemic have been absolutely outstanding.
The multi use calendar has been a very valuable asset to myself and staff and the combined inventory tracking, checkout features, and marketing tools have streamlined my business. Using Vagaro has saved me time, frustration and has increased our professional presence in our community. One of the the best features is the unbeatable price. I haven't found any platform that has satisfied our needs as diverse Holistic Wellness Center with room to grow.

Cons

I wish I could print my address list to a label so I can send old fashioned b-day cards.
When I create my marketing blasts the finger scroll jumps very quickly leaving the user to have to manually us the scroll to the right.
Very minimal issues to even speak about.

CharmHealth

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

Mostly cost, but I didn't need the specific features I was paying for, and it was difficult to learn the program

Mindbody

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

User friendly, cost, and functionality. Vagaro seems like it has heart, and really cares about helping the user/business organize, streamline and grow.

Response from Vagaro

Hi Cristene, we just wanted to thank you for your kind feedback. We are so glad that you love the software, and thankful to have you as one of our Vagaro Businesses!

Replied 13/06/2020
Mary

Reviewed on 16/10/2020

Features & functionality

Pros

Vagaro keeps all of my client information, services, products, reports and finances very well organized. I've used this software for over 5 years now and my favorite thing is, it's forever changing (for the better of course). I honestly have no complaints with the way it runs, however, if I'd like to see a change all I have to do is make a request and they take it under consideration. Obviously not every suggestion can be accommodated; but for the most part it just keeps getting better and better for a very reasonable price.

Cons

I wish when a customer decides they want to opt-out from receiving email marketing from one salon it wouldn't affect another. When a different business uses vagaro but the client has been to someone else and chose not receive email marketing they don't receive mine.

Booker

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

Convenience at first. Where I was renting it was already being used. Now I own my own spa and don't share with anyone but continue to use it because I'm extremely satisfied with customer service and fuctionality.

Response from Vagaro

Hi Mary, we greatly appreciate your kind review. Thank you for letting us know what you love about Vagaro!

Replied 02/11/2020
Amy

Reviewed on 27/12/2020

Best value for features, support level & price

I researched/test run softwares for 2 years, after working in the industry and already using several different ones including for other industries. Vagaro hands down offers the best product for the money with additional features than most that allow for things like customizable memberships and rewards programs. Their service email/call system could be much better organized to be efficient & effective. If they allowed for the reps to manage a portfolio of clients with direct email/phone for questions instead of the constant "zone defense" approach it would fit the company goals and values much better. The customer service reps, however, are generally pretty awesome and committed to resolving the issues. Everyone's time would better spent in a focussed system opposed to the chaotic approach they currently have.

Pros

Best feature offerings which can be customized fairly easily. Excellent price for the value. Live customer support is essential, while this could be better in how it is set up Vagaro staff care about doing good, thorough work to be helpful. That is like gold as a business owner when trying to trouble shoot so this is their strongest asset in my mind.

Cons

The platforms, and even features, are inconsistent on how things are seen & done. For instance, creating a gift certificate through "reports" with a discount shows up on your quarterly reports differently than if you create a gift certificate through the "check out" screen and do the same discount there. Also, the application is different than the desktop in so many little ways that make a big collective difference. --I would love it if they cleaned up their current features to be streamlined. Having beta testers who are business people that actually use their software would reveal SO many little things that make a big difference to my daily "clean ups" for all the goofiness that they don't seem to realize exists in their software. I have suggested this idea at least 10 times to reps.

Square Appointments

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

MB is okay but the software limitations made all kinds of important things confusing like financial reports. For years I gave them thoughtful feedback but there was never an investment in the software improving in the slightest way. Vagaro is the opposite of this, constantly implementing customer feedback.

MassageBook

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

I used Square Appointments between Massagebook and Vagaro. I still use Square for my email marketing as I like it much more than Vagaro's. Square is wonderful with fantastic service as well. They are just limited and do not offer the HIPPA compliance, intake forms, memberships, rewards program that Vagaro does.

Response from Vagaro

Hi Amy, thank you for sharing your feedback. Feedback like this helps us make our software even better, so thank you for taking the time to let us know what you think.

Replied 31/12/2020
Yeefah

Reviewed on 22/01/2021

Best CMS for Single Chair salons

Pros

It's easy to use. The basic service is enough to operate a business. To give your business a boost, add on services are offered at a reasonable price. The customer service is outstanding and readily available 14 hours a day M-S.

Cons

Some of the add ons I might have appreciated in the base price like some of the other systems do. You can't open days up in the schedule if they are not your regular days without opening them up to infinity. For instance, if I work only Tuesdays and I want to work 1 Monday a month. I cant just open that one Monday, I have to open all Mondays in the system or manually blockout the Mondays I don't want to work.

Booksy

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

I had a lot of problems using this CMS software. The cost of the service was high and the problems many. It didn't make sense to keep paying that much for problems. It did not feel like it was designed well for spas, salons or barbershops. There were a lot of things vital to my needs that I could not do

Thryv

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

The customer service was not as available as Vagaro. There were some services that booksy did not offer that Vagaro did.

Response from Vagaro

Hi Yeefah, we just wanted to say thank you so much for your feedback. We love that you are enjoying our software and are happy to help any time you have questions. Thank you!

Replied 28/01/2021
Michele
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Reviewed on 03/05/2021

Vagaro at Take Two Salon

What I appreciate most is the great customer service. I also appreciate that the "request for a feature" is actively monitored and new features are constantly rolled out. I appreciate that we are able to speak to the same support reps consistantly vs calling a call center where you can get different reps on each call and often need to explain your issue from the beginning. And they are super friendly.

Pros

Vagaro iseasy to use, easy to train, and offers fair pricing.

Cons

If a client has a Vagaro profile but is new to my salon I have no choice but to accept their existing profile because you can not use the same email for a new profile. That should be an option as some clients may need a new profile for these services vs other service they obtain elsewhere

Rosy

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

At the time, Phorest has some things to work out being that their were difference between UK and US based salons. Also their pricing was much higher.

Phorest

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

Ease of use. We are a new salon, first time salon owner. This was our transition from an appoint book with manual entries. The training and support Vagaro provides is great.

Response from Vagaro

Hi Michele, we just wanted to thank you for your kind feedback. We are so glad that you are enjoying the software, and thankful to have you as one of our Vagaro Businesses!

Replied 04/05/2021
Sosanna

Reviewed on 17/02/2022

Helps me operate my business seamlessly

I switched over to Vagaro from MindBody Software and I am super glad I did. I have just about everything I need in one place that allows me to run my business seamlessly.

Pros

I like that this software is a one stop shop for me. I can schedule appointments, offer online booking and gift certificates and use it as my point of sale system. I am able to email and text my customers reminders, note and even send out emails with promotions and newsletters.

Cons

It would be really great to be able to customize the reminder and confirmation reminder emails. As well as be able to have a text number attached to my account that a client can text back. Many clients text back the confirmation email and they are confused when we don't get their message.

Response from Vagaro

Hello Sosanna. We're happy to hear about your experience. You can customize the appointment email by following the steps in this article: https://support.vagaro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360007892554. For the text messaging, I would recommend submitting that as a feature request by following the steps in this article: https://support.vagaro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360021060374. Thanks for sharing your feedback.

Replied 26/07/2022
Elise

Reviewed on 24/06/2023

Vagaro is a key component to my small business.

Overall Vagaro is a great system that helps my small business run smoothly. And I love how easy customer service is to get a hold of.

Pros

I have been using Vagaro for almost 6 years and still love it! As a small business owner is it challenging to juggle all roles of a business; owner, service provider, secretary ,customer service, book keeper, etc. Vagaro really helps in taking a lot of the day to day operations off my shoulders. The online booking and appointment reminders are amazing and save me so much valuable time! And having access to my business data at just the click of a button is amazing.

Cons

One of my least favorite features is having to pay a swipe fee for each credit card transaction on top of my monthly fee. And paying extra to utilize other features such as online gift card purchasing. It would be nice if everything was one flat fee each month.

Square Payments and Acuity Scheduling

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

Vagaro has better customer service and is easier to operate.
Joi

Reviewed on 06/07/2016

Many pros, but and equal amount of cons

I have used Vagaro for about three years. Initially the bells and whistles are enticing. You begin with the $25 fee, but the functionalities you need to get the most of the site come at additional fees. If you do not add these "monthly" fees the site is very bland.
If you want to use the features such as: credit card capture, requiring a credit card to be enter by clients to book and other options such as these, you must add their chosen processing company along with authorize.net; of course with other added monthly fees.
The customer service agent are limit in their knowledge and frequently tell you they will add your issue "in the que" for the technical department. They have a forum where you can discuss and suggest issues and request features, but it seems to be just for show for the past few years.
When you use their credit card processing you are automatically batched out at "4PM". Whatever income you make after 4pm will be added to the next day. Any income made after 4pm Thursday will not be added to your bank account until "MONDAY MORNING". Meaning anything after 4pm Thursday, all of Friday's income and Saturday's income will not be added to your account (including tips) will not be added until MONDAY.
The credit card processing company is very hard to contact.
The mobile credit card device has not been updated to read card chips , but we have been told for almost a year it will be available "in about a month".
The system is very slow. Make sure you have a mobile device AND your computer just is case it is on the fritz.
They did what they initially called emergency maintenance on the Friday before the 4th of July without any notice. We could not use the site at all. No new appointments, could not check anyone out and if you did not have a hard copy our product prices you could not sell ANYTHING for about 4 HOURS in the middle of the day. They system was visibly on the verge of malfunctioning for days, but they did not send out any emails preparing us for the system being shut down, but they did send one early that day to alert us about a new feature .....

To sum it up, while there are many features they come at a price, with mediocre customer service, many restrictions on receiving your funds and you advertise their service every single time you send out a email, text or any other notice, but you are added to their very saturated search engine and your clients can be enticed by other salons in your area.

Pros

A lot of features

Cons

Mediocre customer service
You advertise for them whenever you reach out to clients
Runs slow
Credit card processing is not the best; your money is held hostage for days at the end of the week and batches out to early
Your clients can be enticed by other salons in your area that also uses the site if they add their location

Crystal

Reviewed on 03/10/2022

Do Not Purchase Vagaro Pay Desk

It’s sad because I do love Vagaros booking system but unfortunately I was threatened my account will close as soon as I dispute this with my credit card.

Pros

I like the booking system and app it worked great for my salon

Cons

[SENSITIVE CONTENT] I had received my package containing a pay desk system a scanner and a EMV reader from Vagaro.
this whole system which cost me $1270.72 Canadian dollars after tax.
I had called the Vagaro sales team to ask specific questions about the system before purchasing. I purchased the system [SENSITIVE CONTENT]so I either called that day or the day before.
I called to make sure that this system was not just a booking tool to run Vagaro and asked if I can run my whole business from it like a tablet could. I used a specific example asking if I could run Spotify from it. The salesman assured me that I could in fact do all of this and never once indicated that the system only supports certain apps.
I stated that I was falsely sold an item that does not operate in the way I was informed it would and would like to return this item and receive a refund. I was told I could not return this item and that Vagaro does not take any returns, I asked to speak with a manager and was told I could not. I have called back 2x since and both times left with no response to why I can’t be refunded other then I signed and acknowledged the refund policy. I had said I was aware of the refund policy but again I signed it with the intention that I was being sold something completely different therefore having no need to return it.

Response from Vagaro

When purchasing hardware we make our policy very clear that we do not offer returns or refunds. We do, however, offer a one-year warranty for all of our hardware products. We are happy to troubleshoot, answer questions, and help educate you on our products. The Pay Desk does come with Google Chrome web browser, which allows you to navigate to Spotify.com. Our support team is available 24/7, so if you have further questions on how to use your Pay Desk please reach out, we are happy to help.

Replied 27/10/2022