About Vagaro

Vagaro is a cloud-based salon, spa and fitness business management solution that allows professionals to book appointments and manage various facility roles. It offers an integrated solution to manage bookkeeping, payroll, client...

Browse Vagaro Reviews

2,613 of 2,495 reviews
Greta S. Greta S.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 30/05/2021

VAGARO FOR MEDICAL AESTHETICS PRACTICE

I love that Technical Support Staff are knowledgeable, patient and available when I need them.

Pros

I LOVE the ease of scheduling clients from my hand held devices. Love the Colors, design; very user friendly.

Cons

Honestly need to play around more with the Features, which I hear a many (from a friend whom I referred for her Yoga Business. She switched from Mind Body and LOVES Vagaro).

Wish Vagaro would invest in NICE Modern looking POS devices like Square and Clover.

David C. David C.
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Reviewed on 14/09/2021

Simply the best

Wonderful. Customer service have been very helpful in helping me navigate the system.

Pros

It's so easy to use. All our LMT's love it.

Cons

On the phone app it won't remember settings when you pull up therapists for the day and reverts to the default setting. Also there still is no couples massage capability.

Liana C. Liana C.

Reviewed on 25/02/2021

Great Software with many features

Pros

I really liked the email and text confirmations, email marketing feature.

Cons

I feel like there could be an text to software window where clients could send messages thru to their service provider instead of your personal phone number.
Also when an appt is booked with a specific service provider and the client receives confimation email . Sometimes the client responds to the email but it goes directly to the owner rather then the actual service provider. Is there a way to direct those emails to the service provider?

Rosy

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

Mindbodys prices were becoming too expensive for my budget

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

the price was better and offered more features

Response from Vagaro

Hi Liana, we just wanted to say thank you so much for your feedback. We love that you are enjoying our software and are happy to help any time you have questions. Thank you!

Replied 03/03/2021

Top Vagaro Alternatives

Caitlyn O. Caitlyn O.

Reviewed on 15/05/2020

Recommend

Vagaro helps me organize all of my forms, treatment notes, and private yoga notes all in one safe place.

Pros

I use this software to manage my yoga and massage business. It is a very affordable option that offers the same features as other software for less than half the price. I've turned several friends on to this software and they all agree it is easy to use and easy on the wallet.

Cons

Most of my qualms with this software have been updated and fixed! They are constantly adding to the capabilities.

WellnessLiving, Square Appointments and Mindbody

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

Mindbody was incredibly pricey, not as user friendly according to staff, and doesn't have as many integration options.

Mindbody

Response from Vagaro

Hi Caitlyn, thank you so much for your feedback. We greatly appreciate that you took the time to share your experience with our Software. Thanks for being a Vagaro Business!

Replied 04/06/2020
Maria C. Maria C.

Reviewed on 31/08/2016

Excellent Booking System !

I really love this booking system . I find it easy to use and reliable. I also love the chat feature. If I don't understand something or need help with something or just plain forgot how to do something Vagaro tech support is there to help. I first got it because I needed a website ASAP to look professional. I also needed a reliable booking system for myself and my clients. it has increased client retention and clients that did not like to book in advance no do so because they don't have to remember to call and then play phone tag until we get to talk. I am a sole proprietor. Even good people forget appointments , with the 3 reminders that clients get its hard to forget to come in. If they still do forget or no show you can check with Vagaro to see if the text actually went through. I had a client that said she never got the message. She seemed honest but I did not see how that could be possible. I checked with Vagaro and there was an issue with her phone service. I don't do this with everyone, but in this case she really did not get the message. I do love that wen a client confirms the appointment the color in the appointment book changes to orange . If not I call them up. I love how it keeps track of what I do and what the clients get. I also love that I can set rules for online booking. I have mine set to 48 hour advance booking notice and then I have to approve it. But its possible to have same day booking open as well or not at all. I can keep track of how I I take payment cash or credit or check. The gift certificates are wondeful too. You can have a little creativity with them. Now and then someone will call when I am closed for a gift. I can send them a gift certificate through email. You can also do email blasts. I think a text blast would be great too, although they don't offer this at the moment. .

Pros

The ease of use, and the fact that clients get repeat reminders. It has increased client retention. It also shows new clients that I am serious about the business. The website was so easy to set up.

Cons

It does not work with Square. I was using Square before I started with Vagaro. I love Square too. I think the ability to text blast would be great. I know it takes me days to read my own email. A text is read that day. I do wish I had more space on the website. I do offer more services than the average cosmetologist. I also wish there was an easier way to get products that I sell into Vagaro. I think this should be something that Booking systems and beauty companies work on together. it would be great if you could just dropa Dermalogica App into Vagaro. When prices change all products are updated. and so on . Any product line that a salon or spa could use should have something to just ad in easy peasy.

Vika G. Vika G.

Reviewed on 14/04/2020

Bes booking software for a day spa

We are hands down, head of heels in love with Vagaro. It made a world of difference in how we run our spa business and added comfort of knowing that the technological part works great. We feel fortunate to work with a progressive, development driven and customer oriented company.

Pros

The software is intuitive and very easy to navigate. The layout and size of the font is easy on the eyes. We love how quickly we can setup new services and classes including the integration with Zoom that allows us to have live streaming sessions. The reports are amazing and provide great analytical support. And to top it all off, the customer services is outstanding. All of our questions and issues are solved quickly and effectively. One last thing, Vagaro is development oriented software, they continuously improve their product and they care about implementing new features which improve user experience.

Cons

The software does not allow to create rooms (as separate from resources ) when doing the scheduling and that poses a bit of difficulty, particularly when a room can be used for couples services and individual services.

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

I think it was a good feeling after we got off the phone with Vagaro representative and when we explore the software a bit during the trial period.

Response from Vagaro

Hi Vika, we greatly appreciate your kind review. Thank you for letting us know what you love about Vagaro!

Replied 22/04/2020
Christine W. Christine W.

Reviewed on 02/04/2020

Great Tool for my Industry

overall a great experience

Pros

there are so many pro's to this program for the Hair Industry. The switch from my previous scheduling site was so easy. My clients love the ease of scheduling and the reminders have reduced no shows 100%. Being able to keep formulas and notes on all clients in one place is convenient. Employee scheduling and time tracking along with Quick books integration are amazing. The fact you can get a website for just $10 per month and it is linked so if you change something in your main program it changes automatically. It has so much more to offer

Cons

Nothing to do with the software but I would like see better. card reader with a screen like clover or Square.

Clover

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

needed better features for my business

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

at the time I was just a single person salon. I would like to see Vagaro update the hardware

Response from Vagaro

Hi Christine, thank you for sharing your feedback. We appreciate it so much. We are grateful to have you as a Business on Vagaro!

Replied 16/04/2020
Tynne H. Tynne H.

Reviewed on 31/08/2016

Customer Service Knows Me Well!

We've been using Vagaro since opening in Feb 2015 and we've seen many changes and updates and 99% of them have been fabulous. The development team is pretty receptive to new ideas and I see requests that we've made become a "new feature" many times so I know they are listening to the needs of their customer.
Customer Service Chat knows me well... even though I wonder if they do a quick game of "Rock...Paper....Scissors" when they see me pop up on chat they're always happy to answer a question and walk us through something. :)
The software itself is very user friendly and most of our clients say that the online booking features are fast and easy!
I have no doubt that Vagaro will get better as they grow more customers. I'm sure for the independent service provider the core needs are 100% met. As larger salons join Vagaro the features that bigger salon/spas need and want will be added.
Thanks Team Vagaro for a great booking/business software!
~Tyne & Team Zoi'A Spa & Salon

Pros

Easy to use for both Staff and Online Booking for Clients.
Staff loves the App to keep an eye on booking.
Marketing tools are a good business driver.
Business reports are getting better with every update.
Online tutorials are great for new staff learning system.
Online chat option is AWESOME!
Customer Service is A+

Cons

-Cancelation/ Waiting List needs to be better- it's currently not useable for the large number of requests we have for a cancelation list.
-We've had some retail snafu's but those are getting better as well.
-Marketing promos could use a "retail" option.
-Checkout could have some updated options like a "hold in cart" so if you have to interrupt a sale you don't lose everything you put in checkout screen.

Kevin C. Kevin C.

Reviewed on 14/06/2020

Vagaro is a excellent choice for a fitness studio

I was looking for a replacement for MindBody which some might consider an industry standard. I am very satisfied with my change.

Pros

The competitive price and the ease of use.

Cons

Some features that I was used to are not currently available.

Genbook

Price

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

The features and ease of use of Vagaro was superior.

Response from Vagaro

Hi Kevin, we greatly appreciate your kind review. Thank you for letting us know what you love about Vagaro!

Replied 14/07/2020
Audrey D. Audrey D.

Reviewed on 11/04/2020

Vagaro Software

I love how Vagaro is constantly improving and updating services.

Pros

Not being technically savvy I really like the ease of using this software. It is easy to use and if you have questions, the walk through is super easy and customer service it easy to deal with.

Cons

I don't like how customers can set up numerous accounts and then I have to call Vagaro to merge the customers profile.
It is also frustrating when a client has another profile with another company using this software and you go to try to enter their email and you can't unless you call Vagaro to over ride it.

Meevo 2, Millennium and Rosy

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

It was the best value and options for what we needed

Response from Vagaro

Hello Audrey, we just wanted to say thank you so much for your feedback. We love that you are enjoying our software and are happy to help any time you have questions. Thank you!

Princess P. Princess P.

Reviewed on 05/04/2020

Love that they keep the system updated regularly. Customer service is great as well. They follow up and make sure you understand and have solved any issues you may have.

Pros

The ease of use for my clients and for me as well. I like that I made a suggestion to add a feature to make it better, it was taken into consideration and implemented. I love the forecast feature. It allows me to see what my day and week looks like and make provisions.
Great product.

Cons

In the beginning it lacked some of the features I'd left behind with another software. Vagaro later added after I suggested the upgrade.

Style Intelligence and Mindbody

Referral better customer service

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

Refeerences on Vagaro's software.

Response from Vagaro

Hi Princess, thank you so much for your kind feedback. We greatly appreciate it and are so happy to have you as a Business on Vagaro!

Replied 16/04/2020
Elizabeth P. Elizabeth P.

Reviewed on 13/12/2020

Great program!!! User and consumer friendly!

So good! Like I mentioned before they have such amazing support, and training videos, and how to articles. It's incredibly user friendly!

Pros

This software is thoughtfully designed to meet the needs of a solo practitioner with the ability to service larger companies as well! It has made my life so much simpler since it has the ability for online booking, reports, keeps track of taxes and fees, it does it all!

Cons

There's a few things I would love to add to this software but the great thing about Vagaro is their customer support! If their software doesn't have it, they create tickets and submit to the higher ups for change suggestions. I've used them for three years and 3 of my 5 suggestions have come to fruition and are part of the program now! They are so open to evolving and improving!!

Response from Vagaro

Hi Elizabeth, we just wanted to thank you for your kind feedback. We are so glad that you love the software, and thankful to have you as one of our Vagaro Businesses!

Replied 14/12/2020
Lisa C. Lisa C.

Reviewed on 27/05/2020

Love my Vagaro

Perfect, install was soooo easy! Their customer support is excellent! We got it up and running within an hour!

Pros

I love how easy it is to access appointments for salon and the clients. They are continually upgrading ad each upgrade is awesome and keeps making the software better and better!

Cons

I would love if the reports we a little more detailed, specifically,the stylists reports.I have employee-based salon,maybe there are reports I don't know about?

Response from Vagaro

Hi Lisa, we just wanted to thank you for your kind feedback. We are so glad that you love the software, and thankful to have you as one of our Vagaro Businesses!

Replied 24/06/2020
Kevin R. Kevin R.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Reviewed on 10/08/2020

Great Software

Great experience.

Pros

It is priced well, easy to use, and has great features.

Cons

Should be able to re-open a ticket to make a correction after it is closed.

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

They stopped offering the software I was using and the price was too high

SalonBiz

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

A friend was using Vagaro and liked it

Response from Vagaro

Hi Kevin, thank you for sharing your feedback. Feedback like this helps us make our software even better, so thank you for taking the time to let us know what you think!

Replied 22/08/2020
Ninamarie P. Ninamarie P.

Reviewed on 31/08/2016

Easiest app and software for running your own business

I stumbled upon vagaro when looking for an affordable software system for my small salon business. I was previously using a system that wasn't very mobile friendly and after doing some research this system/app was highly recommended. Very happy with its services.

Pros

This software is pretty simple to set up and use. It has a very mobile friendly app to help you do your work and scheduling on the go along with a "widget" for android users.

Cons

The only con I have found with this app is that, when using it to schedule chemical hair services with a follow-up service after (ie. color and cut) if you input a gap into the service settings it shows that you are unavailable during the processing time. If you don't, when scheduling multiple appointments for the next appointment it will put the haircut directly after the color which you then have to go in and physical edit. And then when doing that, you have to make sure to deactivate the "notify client" button so that the client doesn't get the editted info or else they get all confused.

Monica R. Monica R.

Reviewed on 17/03/2021

Satisfied Customer

What attracted me to Vagaro was the fact that my clients could have their own booking app. It was the convince for clients and less stress for me. I use Vagaro Multiple times per day from my phone mainly. I like the fact that it is very cell phone friendly since my laptop broke. I love the compliments I receive from my clients because the ease of use and all the information I can provide to better prepare clients for their appointments.

Pros

I am a hairstylist and new business owner with no knowledge of running a business. Vagaro's features gave me insight on things I can add to my business to help me grow. I have been using Vagaro for 2 years now and I wouldn't use any other booking site!

Cons

I didn't like that every thing is an add on price but I guess that's how to keep business growing however this is not a deal breaker for me. With the growth of my business I am able to afford more features offered by Vagaro

Response from Vagaro

Hi Monica, we just wanted to say thank you so much for your feedback. We love that you are enjoying our software and are happy to help any time you have questions. Thank you!

Replied 18/03/2021
Kathleen S. Kathleen S.

Reviewed on 13/04/2020

Great software, Great Team!

Pros

The team at Vagaro really showed how important our business is during the pandemic. They lowered the price but increased features so we can stay in contact with our customers. I am truly grateful I found Vagaro. They really look after you and stay in contact with you during a time of uncertainty. Adding products to your on line store to sending emails out to you customers all from Vagaro. Thank you Vagaro.

Cons

Really don't have any cons. When I wanted a feature, they listened and added it to the software.

Response from Vagaro

Hi Kathleen, we greatly appreciate your kind review. Thank you for letting us know what you love about Vagaro!

Replied 21/04/2020
Constance O. Constance O.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 28/02/2017

Best Business Move I Needed to Make

I have been with the same stylist monthly (if not more than once a month) for years. She was previously using a different on-line booking system which I was fine with using up until this last year. The system she had successfully been using started to have some major hiccups not only with a simple way for clients to book but additionally, they incorrectly were charging people despite all of the effort her clients made . Their incompetence in customer service, the difficulty, time and money it has cause not only myself and other clients but also our Stylist is incomprehensible. It is clear that the main functioned seemed to be consumption of others time and money.

She recently switched over to Vagaro.
HALLELUJAH, ahmen.

Vagaro has completely transformed the users experience for booking online. I am again a believer that you CAN do most things on the internet, like utilizing a globally used system. I have watched the multi-facueted difficulties a business goes through when dealing with and/or represented by seemingly vengeful and obviously obsolete systems; specifically an online booking system.

Vagaro has amped her business back up (as far as I can see/hear) and the interface from a clients perspective is a breeze!! No questions, but if you have them they respond. I tested it out a bit just to make sure my appointment and credit card wouldn't get screwed with (she also confirmed neither had occurred). Vagaro or bust!!

Pros

It's ease and accessible interface for users

Cons

Not easily prompted to review or share via social media (thumbtacks are great but usually it resorts to a link that takes for ever- thoughts?) ALSO, if social media reviewing/sharing re: deals or events or parties, specials- Mary Kay whatever... if those could be more easily utilized.

Deana K. Deana K.

Reviewed on 14/04/2020

Nearly 10 years with Vagaro, and still happy!

Overall, I am extremely happy with Vagaro. I can use my laptop, iPad or iPhone and book and check out clients easily.

Pros

Initially, the pricing and appointment booking was was drew me in. Over time, the ability to store client information and inventory, as well as run reports became the key factors for keeping it. Now that I have my merchant service account with Vagaro, it's a no brainer. Soon I will add my webpage.

Cons

There have been issues in the last year with connectivity. As more people have signed on, there has definitely been glitches with connection and ability to run cards.

Response from Vagaro

Hi Deana, thank you so much for your feedback. We greatly appreciate that you took the time to share your experience with our Software. Thanks for being a Vagaro Business!

Allison K. Allison K.

Reviewed on 15/09/2020

Vagaro made it easy for my students to make 1-on-1 COVID friendly appointments

The COVID-19 crisis created a need for my students to make 1-on-1 appointments with me. Vagaro was the only appointment setting software that allowed me to make a custom class. The others were all tailored to fitness/spa/hair/nails. I am a CPR training company. The fact that Vagaro was so flexible saved my business.

Pros

The ability to set a schedule and the ease of use for my students to make appointments

Cons

Integration with Authorize.net. I would love to be able to integrate my current payment portal. I don't want to have to make another CC processing account, so instead, I share students when they arrive.

Booker, Timely, Mindbody and Zendesk

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

Vagaro was the only platform that allowed me to customize the type of appointments so that I could set appointments for CPR training classes. All of the others only used fitness/hair/skin/nails type of services.

Response from Vagaro

Hi Allison, we just wanted to thank you for your kind feedback. We are so glad that you love the software, and thankful to have you as one of our Vagaro Businesses!

Replied 28/10/2020
Brittni L. Brittni L.

Reviewed on 15/04/2020

My unpaid assistant

I love how clients can book online at any hour of the day.

Pros

This software has been an absolute godsend to my business. I no longer have to book people in, call them for appointment reminders, send mass amounts of emails THIS PROGRAM does it all for you. I Ive tired other programs like Salon iris, rosy salon, mind and body BUT Vagaro was the most affordable, user friendly and I recommend it to all my business owner friends (lash, nail, gym, massage therapist, acupuncture and salon owners)

Cons

If there was an auto text for people to leave a review after first visit

Response from Vagaro

Hi Brittni, thank you so much for your feedback. We greatly appreciate that you took the time to share your experience with our Software. Thanks for being a Vagaro Business!

Replied 22/04/2020
Margaret T. Margaret T.

Reviewed on 02/09/2019

Best App so far for Salon Business

Overall, i like this app the best out of the 4 i've tried over the years.

Pros

The ease of setting up what I offer, setting operating hours and prices.

Cons

That users cannot have multiple names using one email for confirmation. I have several family members that come to my salon and some don't have a seperate email address for confirmation, such as young children or the elderly. Also that the Personal Time Off feature doesn't have a color code distinction for different types of time off. Meetings show up the same color as vacations.

Square Appointments, Schedulicity, Booker and Booksy

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

Full Slate crashed and was down for over a week.

More features and price.
Ashley K. Ashley K.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Reviewed on 16/01/2021

Salon use Review

I am able to track my taxable services which i could not do with other software. I also love that if you are not necessarily using the app on mobile device but have it open it does not kick you out like meevo2 did. Runs way smoother without glitches like others specifically meevo 2.

Pros

I love the informational webinars. I love that it is easy to navigate. Also very nice I can do everything pretty much from my mobile device. And customer service gets an A+++!

Cons

I wish I could get a little lower credit card swipe rate.

Square Payments

Reasons for Choosing Vagaro

I opened my own salon and hated meevo2 .

Meevo 2

Reasons for Switching to Vagaro

all of the reasons listed above and the fact that it tracks all sales and tax info.

Response from Vagaro

Hi Ashley, thank you so much for your feedback. We greatly appreciate that you took the time to share your experience with our Software. Thanks for being a Vagaro Business!

Replied 27/01/2021
Tina S. Tina S.

Reviewed on 28/04/2020

Vagaro is the Best

I love it Vagaro.

Pros

Vagaro has went over and beyond during this covid19 pandemic supporting their clients who use their software. Vagaro has been very vocal through out social media platforms, asking the general public to support small business. I am an independent contractor and I was so concern about my subscription being cancelled during this crisis of covid19. I spoke with a customer service representative with Vagaro who reassured me and ease my concerns regarding my subscription with Vagaro. I love Vagaro a customer for 2 plus years.

Cons

I would like to see more features towards nail services as it relates to adding gap times. Gap times that are in placed are geared towards hair services. I need gap to allow me to add an additional 15-30 minutes at the end of a service booking to allow for extra sanitation due to this covid19 pandemic.

Response from Vagaro

Hi Tina, thank you so much for your feedback. We greatly appreciate that you took the time to share your experience with our Software. Thanks for being a Vagaro Business!

Replied 05/05/2020
Lori M. Lori M.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Reviewed on 11/08/2019

Cost effective and easy to use

So far so good!

Pros

When starting a new business, one always wants to manage expenses. Why pay more for the same product? I looked at other software applications and Vagaro had everything I needed and was much less expensive. The software is very user-friendly and whatever you can't figure out on your own, the customer support is easily accessible and always ready to assist. They always have an answer to my questions.

Cons

I'm still trying to navigate the software, so perhaps my cons are only due to the fact that I haven't figured out how to do it yet. I know there is an Intuit integration but I have yet to connect to it. I did find one glitch that I wish would be rectified. I have clients that pay for other clients. In other words, there are three registered clients and one of the clients pays for everyone. The software does not allow me to use one email for all three people. What I have to do is send an invoice to the one client, then immediately send a reminder invoice, which then allows me to change the email of the receiver. Again, I have not had a moment to check with customer service to see if this is something that could be fixed. Need to do that soon!