Adobe Workfront Reviews

About Adobe Workfront

Adobe Workfront is a collaborative work management solution that addresses the challenges of disconnected teams, siloed tools, and the relentless pace of enterprise work. Workfront includes capabilities to capture and plan,...

4.2
4.1

Browse Adobe Workfront Reviews

1,429 of 1,429 reviews
Sophie
Sophie
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 11/09/2019

Very satisfactory. Can’t imagine another product meeting the needs of our org with so many workflows and such complex data needs. Incredible customer service and training resources. Incredibly helpful annual conference for users and potential buyers.

Pros

Workfront is a fantastic, adaptable project and resource management system. If you have diverse needs across your org or company, it is the product for you. It can be fully adapted to very disparate teams. I find new features and functionality every day.

Cons

Because it’s so able-to-be-tailored, a high-quality implementation can take a looong time, but their implementation services are fantastic

Kantata and Wrike

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Workfront

Instead of Mavenlink- Very flexible on license structuring and pricing, more integrations Instead of Wrike- we needed something more complex, but Wrike is great if you don’t
Shayla
Shayla
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 13/06/2022

Workfront simplifies project and job routing

I use Workfront on a daily basis, for the better part of each day. When I submit proofs to clients, they have the option to read the proof, make any comments or suggestions they have, or decide whether or not the proof should be authorized. The tools that are located at the top of the page may be used by the customer with ease to highlight or point to what they want altered.

Pros

I enjoy that the dashboard makes it simple to view the tasks on which I have been tasked to work as well as the due dates for those projects. I am able to view the approvals that are waiting, as well as my to-do list, which helps me keep my job on track.

Cons

The calendar function on their website is not to my liking. It does not function very well, and it makes it tough to view your projects within a monthly timeline, which is something that is incredibly crucial for a content team to achieve.

• Industry: Investment Management

Reviewed on 19/08/2018

It's worth a look, but missing a few key features for myself

Pros

I used to think Workfront was terrible, until I tried other enterprise level project management software. I'm not saying it's the best, far from it, but I think you start to appreciate it more after you realize what a herculean task it is to track everything. It does a decent job of letting you know what you're responsible for, with helpful email notifications so you don't need to always be in the tool. And once you get those notifications it's easy to respond directly in email or link to the project/task at hand and respond or make changes there. The really killer feature is the proofing tool, which despite some grumbling is one of the best out there. It allows commenting and markups of all types and allows you to do so in context. It also does versioning of the proofs, which is super helpful to go back to to remember what was marked up prior or changed. All in all it gets the job done but it's not particularly a pleasure to use, other than the proofing tool.

Cons

Not the most user friendly or aesthetic. The dashboard could use some better UX. I tried out a beta of the new dashboard and that was even worse, glad they didn't roll it out. The one big negative is the lack of a proper calendar module. I heard that one exists but for version my company uses, we don't have anything remotely resembling a calendar view. This is so helpful to me to get a view of milestones and deadlines coming up, without having to do the mental gymnastics of looking at a list view of tasks and figuring out what my priorities are. While the proofing tool is amazing (see pros) it does have a couple of missing features. One is the ability to mark comments as completed or resolved without having to do a response, and the only is to somehow create a linear history and relationship of the markups through the versioning system, so you see the evolution of them. Also, the whole idea of creating percentages done of a task seems so arbitrary to me. Even my company doesn't take much stock in it. We basically leave things at 0% until we absolutely need to mark things as 100% complete in order to not risk being at risk or to move on to the next task that's dependent on the prior one.

Top Adobe Workfront Alternatives

Kelly

Reviewed on 27/02/2024

Adobe Workfront for Projects

Pros

I like that you can comment within the platform for others to review or comment.

Cons

Lack of visibility when seeing who the individual is needed for the next approval versus just the department.

Jessica
Jessica

Reviewed on 18/05/2022

We are able to stay organized thanks to Workfront

Adobe Workfront has done a fantastic job of making the product adaptable to every user level. Tracking and reporting tools can be added by power users, who can monitor any or all parts of a project. Most of these alternatives aren't used by my department, but if and when we do, they're already there for us.

Pros

Due to the fact that my business is operated remotely, I am always up to date. After the epidemic, this product has given me the courage to continue forward. For me, kanban boards and task management are of the utmost importance. The kanban board provided by Adobe workfront allows us to build up tasks or user stories and then divide them into BI-weekly or BI-monthly sprints.

Cons

I'd like to see a better explanation for why mistakes are made, but that's about it. As far as I know, there are no clues as to why a date or a field isn't being updated or cannot be created. In most cases, the problem can be solved with a little bit of troubleshooting.

Becky
Becky

Reviewed on 05/04/2023

Manage many projects from one place with Workfront

Given that the majority of our department's employees work from home, having a centralized hub where everyone's current and completed projects are accessible is invaluable.

Pros

The ability to delegate work and track progress without micromanaging is a huge time saver for me when managing large projects or initiatives. I can attest to the usefulness of a request queue; it has allowed my team to better manage incoming job requests and distribute resources accordingly.

Cons

The complexity of Workfront's user interface and processes can make it difficult to implement efficiently. The high price tag comes with little opportunities for personalization.

Stefanie
Stefanie
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 23/04/2022

Vital integration into my company

I am able to stay in the know with my remotely run company. This product has given me the confidence to move forth after the mess and stress of the pandemic.

Pros

I truly enjoyed the fact that this product gave us hope to continue functioning 100% while still having to work remotely. This has enabled us as a whole to still build clientele all while staying on the same page with all employees with task management.

Cons

I really have nothing really negative to say. I guess this is just a product that is only as successful for you as what you put into it. Meaning it can be as simplistic and as basic as you want it to but it also can be really in depth and intricate as well. You get what you give.

Dayforce HCM

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Workfront

I really enjoyed the reviews and how my experience was pretty much exactly as other reviewers described.
Sai
Sai
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 05/07/2023

Enables efficiency and productivity

The experience has been incredible for powering projects efficiently

Pros

Adobe Workfront is a great platform for increasing collaboration, planning projects, and execute programs in a timely manner. It is a great tool for enterprise clients. AI powered workflows are a game changer.

Cons

The platform and all the services can be pricey.

• Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 03/05/2024

A Valuable tool

Pros

Really helped with collaboration and workflow management.

Cons

Our experience has been hugely positive to date

Erica
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 28/03/2024

Great Software

Pros

Ease of use and tracking for our teams needs

Cons

Crashes sometimes and you have to restart your computer

Mohammad

Reviewed on 03/03/2023

Adobe Workfront is your project management turn-key assistant.

One of the best known applications available worldwide in the market.

Pros

It is a combination of people working for you. The features are great and simple to learn and teach to others.

Cons

Can't find a mistake in this software. Its great.

Wrike and Notion

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Workfront

The support is much better by Adobe.

Microsoft Project

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Workfront

Support for Adobe is much better, more features.
Sara

Reviewed on 08/05/2019

PMO take on Workfront

I am a champion of Workfront for my company, although I am a SME/admin and not responsible for the day to day Workfront use, it was a great experience begin involved in the implementation and owning one of the workstreams. Workfront lets you become a SME and get to know the system so easily, without constantly changing it (or providing straight forward changes that do not interrupt your day to day work.

Pros

Going from using four different platforms to manage the intake, planning and execution of projects
(ServiceNow, excel, Smartsheet and Microsoft Project) down to 1 single platform has been a life saver for the teams that I am on for my company. We were able to train our submitters on one system, built our own workflows, and then turned around and trained our PM's on the same system. One Pro I love is that we can make changes and enhancements on the drop of a hat (well, with planning and thought ahead of time), versus ServiceNow, where it took us 2-3 minutes to simply change a field name. I also enjoy the time and attention that Workfront has given to my company, they listen well and problem solve along side us, not just for us,

Cons

We are still in the Legacy Resource Planner because we have set up our job roles for each team, so the legacy system lets us set capacity estimates when planning projects (for example, Our Integration team is all under Integration job role, but we allocated 10% of their time in our resource planner towards discretionary projects, which allows us to better plan and prioritize this huge bucket of work). There is no way for us to set capacity %'s for job roles in the new system, without creating new job roles.

Shimelis
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Reviewed on 07/03/2023

My experience with Adobe Workfront has been excellent. The platform offers strong tools for...

i solve different problem easly like related with my work

Pros

Scalability is one of Adobe Workfront's finest features. It is made to easily adapt to changes in your business and to be able to support teams of any size and complexity. This makes it ideal for teams that develop and change over time. The software includes a ton of features that make it simple to manage and keep track of tasks and is highly user-friendly. It also features a strong reporting system that can assist you in finding areas that need development right away. Last but not least, Adobe Workfront provides top-notch customer service and a skilled support staff that can assist you if you ever need it.

Cons

The absence of customization possibilities in Adobe Workfront is its main drawback. Despite the platform's wide range of functionality, it might be challenging to tailor the program to match certain requirements. Some firms may find the expense of the program to be prohibitive. Users may find the user interface to be perplexing and illogical, which makes it challenging for them to quickly learn and comprehend the product.

• Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Reviewed on 07/05/2019

Big Fan

I started as a planner and then got promoted to a Marketing Project Manager and became the System Admin.

Over time I've noticed people staying on track of their assignments better and knowing overall deadlines. Also all communication for the project lives in one place for everyone on the project, so you don't have to be worried about falling out of the loop via emails like before. User adoption is up thanks to great boot camp training for me as a system admin.

Pros

I really like the organizational elements. Building templates takes a lot of time, but once they're built, it makes it easy for bulk editing and converting requests into projects. When it was first implemented, the company wasn't on board outside of the Marketing department. After attending Admin Boot Camp, I created a staff training program and now user adoption is much higher.

I especially love the legacy of projects. You can refer to previous years for recurring events/projects.

Your support team is very nice and professional. Lately your team has offered calls after submitting tickets which I greatly appreciate it. It makes it much clearer on both ends.

Also love that all documents, updates, etc. live in one place and not in dozens of offline emails!

Cons

The new Home isn't fantastic. There are still a lot of limitations, so the number of clicks are still the same as the legacy version. For example, if they want to refer to a document in the task, they have to click into the task. Also, there's difficulty in seeing all updates made in the task so if you need to reply to a thread, you can't do it. At least our users can't.

Rabie
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 11/06/2023

Workfront lets you manage numerous projects from a single location

Our department has a large number of remote workers, so having a central hub where all of the ongoing and finished projects are accessible is invaluable.

Pros

Scalability is one of Adobe Workfront's best features. It is made to easily adapt to changes in your business and to be able to support teams of any size and complexity. This makes it ideal for teams that develop and change over time. The software has a ton of features that make it simple to manage and keep track of projects and is incredibly user-friendly. It also has a strong reporting system that can assist you in finding areas that need improvement right away. Last but not least, Adobe Workfront has top-notch customer service and a skilled support staff that can assist you if you ever need it.

Cons

I don't particularly enjoy a few aspects of Adobe Workfront. First of all, some users may find the pricing model difficult to understand, especially if they are unfamiliar with project management software. The platform provides a wide range of features, but some of them might be redundant or unnecessary for particular teams or businesses. Adobe Workfront may also have some restrictions in terms of user adoption and software integrations given that it is a relatively new platform.

• Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 07/08/2018

I was hesitant, but I'm a believer

I'll admit... they sort of had to drag me kicking and screaming into using Workfront. I feared that it was going to be one of those things where it took more time to document/track what you're doing than it took to actually do it. Fortunately that turned out not to be the case. We've found a good balance between tracking things and not having to "feed the beast" all the time.

Pros

Workfront is quite versatile for tracking projects and larger workflows. We use it for individual projects, ongoing work efforts, and even tracking ideas for future development. Other areas of our business use it as a request queue as well, which helps us to put in requests with our communication team and even log suggestions for office improvements. A decent (but not mindblowing) reporting suite with text and simple graphic output helps share status updates.

Cons

The reporting suite could allow for a bit more freedom; it feels slightly stilted when trying to use it. I also was not a fan of the option to have the software tell you that you're on track or behind. I prefer to assign the status myself as I'm involved with the project more intimately and have more of the big picture. Fortunately that's easily changeable in the project settings. The real cons are honestly self-induced. The temptation is there to track all the minutiae of every little bit of the project. And you certainly can... but it ends up being counterproductive as you spend more time updating than doing. Keep your items lofty and you'll avoid that trap.

Claire

Reviewed on 25/09/2020

Workfront Helps Your Team Manage Projects

Overall, I think Workfront has helped our team manage multiple projects in an effective way. With this tool, we have been able to launch campaigns and assignments efficiently and it has helped us stay on track with getting tasks completed in a timely manner.

Pros

Workfront has helped our team organize projects in a functional way. It allows you to group similar tasks and assign subtasks to members of your team with due dates, hours for completion, etc. Workfront also includes a built in calendar that integrates with your tasks, so if you're off on PTO or a holiday, task due dates automatically update to work around your schedule.

Cons

Workfront can be counter intuitive sometimes when it comes to time management. There are a few functionality issues that I think could be updated to better serve its users. One example of this is having to click a button to say you're working on the project, rather than just clicking once to say you've completed the project. The interface design could also be updated to be a little more user-friendly and visually appealing.

Joe
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 04/06/2019

WF Review

Overall needs all our needs.

Pros

The reporting features are robust.
Custom fields and forms allow you to adapt the product to you specific needs.
Resource Management tools

Cons

Somtimes the learning curve is steep when trying to learn a new thing in WF. User interface can be challenging.

Celoxis

Celoxis

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Workfront

Seems to have all the tools we needed.
Felix
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 06/06/2022

It supports better delivery and works planning by connecting millions of people!

This software is perfectly designed for managers. Additionally, you get paid by working per hour. You can intuitively track your project with various capabilities that this software offers. This tool is thoroughly made with the best customizing details for the managers.

Pros

Adobe Workfront is one of the most premium platforms which brings brilliant productive results. It helps in better screening and updates the features according to the need of hours. Additionally, you will find it the ideal tool for communication and tracking the organic audience. Thus, you should rely on this modern tool for getting expected and unexpected results. Adobe Workfront works limitlessly by providing analytical information and reports. It supports better delivery and works planning by connecting millions of people. Additionally, it helps in managing data from various enterprises. Thus, it offers helpful planning and execution of various selling plans.

Cons

The most irritating thing about Adobe Workfront is that it takes too long to run an operation. Additionally, at times it becomes very clingy to activate. Thus, the users find it hard to manage buffer and malware issues in it.

• Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Reviewed on 25/08/2020

Great Project Management Tool

Overall, this is the perfect tool for marketing teams specifically, especially those who practice more of the agile marketing strategies. We previously used Trello, which I love, but Workfront provides so many more features, analytics, and potential for better collaboration among teams.

Pros

We started using Workfront several months ago so that we could better track our projects, deadlines and time spent on each tasks. I think it’s pretty easy to use once you get the hang of it, but it can take some time to implement and get everyone on board. It’s perfect for keeping the team organized and on track, and it helps us make sure we aren’t spending to much time on certain projects. You can easily tag users to provide updates; upload documents to share; provide proofs which is especially beneficial for collaboration amongst graphics designers, content managers, and marketing strategists; log your time spent on each task; and so much more. It also provides data so you can see how many projects each team member is doing, how much time is being spent, etc which is super helpful for determining a team’s efficiency.

Cons

It can be a challenge to get it up and running. It’s very complex so learning all of the features can take some time. Setting up some of the tasks and due dates can be frustrating and prone to human error, but overall it’s a great tool.

Emily
Emily

Reviewed on 31/07/2020

Great for managing projects in a good way

In general, makes teaming up inside divisions incredible and direct. Workfront had a precarious expectation to learn and adapt in the interest of me as I hadn't utilized undertaking the executives programming previously however once I started to utilize it I wound up prescribing it to purple all through our whole organization and others adored the usefulness incorporated with it.

Pros

I love the arranging of Workfront programming it's unmistakable and present day. It helps tons by that have some expertise in arranging your ventures. this is regularly a superb item for any business to have! Makes imaginative tasks a breeze! It likewise takes into consideration speedy cooperation. Workfront has various instruments that give incredible usefulness to the clients and it is regularly profoundly tweaked to suit your requirements.

Cons

This product sets aside huge amounts of your effort to discover. The pursuit highlight isn't the least difficult if huge amounts of undertakings are inside the framework. tons must be figured out how to understand the best appreciate utilizing the product. Of you commit the chance to really learn it well it can do some amazing things for venture the board.

• Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 06/05/2020

Better than nothing, still not great

I go to Workfront to see what's been assigned to me. I'm not responsible for creating projects.

My overall experience is that it's good enough, but even after using it for a few yearsr I have trouble filtering out the noise.

Pros

Workfront is more advanced than the system we had before (an Excel spreadsheet!) and it does make it possible for a department of 25 people to sort projects, keep track of updates and share proofs. This is especially useful now that we're working remotely. The calendar view is handy and I like being able to upload proofs directly to the project so the relevant people can keep track of them.

Cons

There's so much noise. Tabs we never use, duplicated information, several fields containing unimportant information. It takes a while to sift through to find the meaty information, which is usually under Custom Forms of all places. It's not intuitive.

Ryan
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 07/11/2017

Robust software trying to be everything for everyone

The support is unparalleled. Our technical, sales, Customer care team was awesome. I would say I had to use them too much, but they were great every time. Can't commend them enough for the efforts to help us. I'd say a large piece of why we stayed with WF was because of their support team.

It's almost like having so many options within the tool became counter-productive. If it maintained a more unique personality, and did more consulting to help clients adjust their processes to the tool, somewhat, I think there would have been more of a win for us. Our processes were fairly simple and we got all caught up in the bells and whistles of the tool. It could very well be that the tool wasn't right for us; I didn't have any say in the decision-making process.

Pros

The Ease of building reports; Getting the data out of the tool is really easy. The ability to format reports the way you want to see the data is very useful too. The UI is very easy to navigate, and easy on the eyes - not so busy and crowded on any one page, which I appreciate.

Cons

Way too complex, too many moving parts, too many hard-coded definitions for tasks, groups, teams, roles, etc. The backend of WF is exhausting. I, more or less, had 2 admins that had to manage the tool for the company. I don't take off TOO much for this, as the company was very lazy in using the tool. However, part of that laziness was because of the complexity of doing simple tasks within the tool.

Erica
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 07/05/2019

Workfront

Work management for our entire insurance organization. We want a consistent view into the work being completed in each project, program, and portfolio for budgets, resources, etc.

Pros

1. Flexibility in providing work management options - easily tailored to support multiple functional groups within a single organization
2. Reporting tool capability - provides the ability to report and display on any piece of information captured in the work management process (with a few limitations on display - see cons)
3. Customer support model - help is always available through the Help function, Workfront Community, and Customer support group

Cons

1. Reporting - there are a few limitations to the reporting capability (e.x. you cannot add a project gantt chart to a report or dashboard that displays in the parent/child relationship)
2. Lack of inherent integrations with other popular systems
3. Constant changing of our Customer Support Representative - the customer support model is great for answering questions (almost 24/7), but our company rep has changed 4 times in 3 years - makes it difficult to build a relationship

Reviewed on 08/02/2019

Key for keeping a project on track

Workfront is our exclusive project management software. We manage client-facing as well as internal projects using it. We also submit new projects through it and report hours on a monthly basis.

Pros

Workfront has been critical to our projects moving forward. It's customizable for both large-scale projects and individual, quick tasks. As someone who manages projects at a high level, Workfront allows me to see where the project is in development, who is responsible and if there are any problems that need to be addressed.

In a client-facing role, I can quickly see if a project is on track for the agreed-upon timeline. The ability to tag internal task owners with questions and notifications is also critical.

There are also key functionalities that allow for projects to be submitted and approved through the program as well, then export hours at the end when we look back on reporting on resources.

Cons

There is a learning curve that comes with all of the features of the program and you have to ensure your project management team is trained to use them.

A very small criticism is that the Notifications button is very small so sometimes you don't notice if action is waiting on you if you're tasked with many projects within Workfront