About Salon Iris

Salon Iris features all-in-one cloud-based or on-premise software solutions suitable for booth renters to multi-location hair and nail salons. With mobile and tablet apps, remote access and a custom website with online booking...

Browse Salon Iris Reviews

Sarah C.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 02/05/2021

Enjoyable Experience

Salon Iris just needs a way to transfer and transition companies that want to switch and not just start up, but they have a 5 gold star product on their hands here.

Pros

I loved that this was a totally, completely, 110%, didn't leave anything out, comprehensive plus the kitchen sink software system for running any small business. It covered emails, advertising, websites, payments, scheduling and booking, literally not a stone unturned. This made the process of starting a fledgling company absolute as cohesive and efficient as possible in a rather visually capturing way.

Cons

We ended up not choosing them to use though because of the comprehensiveness and total coverage because it would have been too difficult to integrate their entire system in with the system/s already being used because some had been purchased already and the clinic was already up some running. If we could have switched all our existing data and moved it in to their new system during its initiation, it would have been chosen hands down.

Ethan Z.

Reviewed on 19/02/2021

Terrible! Don't buy!

Terrible!
My business purchased Salon Iris and they said it has lifetime maintenance and support. But after a Windows update, it asked me to register again. I called them, they said they no longer support this version and I have to buy subscription. Unethical!! Don't buy!

Pros

It is helpful. Many features are available.

Cons

Expensive. Many softwares are better and a lot cheaper.

Response from DaySmart Software

Thank you for taking the time to write a review - we appreciate you being a longtime customer, and your note on our many helpful features.

As you know, the license you purchased in 2013 was never upgraded, despite several opportunities to stay on a current version. As you note, a Microsoft Windows update has rendered this eight year old software inoperable. You received several notifications as we encouraged all customers running very old programs to upgrade for exactly this reason.

Changes to the underlying operating systems are beyond our control. We are committed to supporting our tens of thousands of customers, but obviously cannot support every OS from the last twenty years. We are sorry you experienced this outage, but not keeping your business software current can have serious consequences.

Replied 27/05/2021
Allison L.

Reviewed on 16/06/2020

We love Salon Iris!

Our experience with Salon Iris has been really great, with expanding to multiple stylists it has been very easy transforming to online booking since we do not have a receptionist.

Pros

My team and myself love salon Iris and the features that provides. We most importantly love that it automatically sends out reminders to clients at the time of booking. It also makes it really easy as a owner that I can make appointments from my phone for not just myself that all of my employees.

Cons

While Salon Iris does have most features we like there are a few features that it is missing. For example, we would like to be able to go in and re-send text messages and see what text messages were sent. We would also like the option that if someone is booking a service with multiple people in the salon we would be able to book that all at one time instead of having to go make the appointment separately with each person. Lastly, when checking out it would be nice to have a way to edit the transaction instead of needing to completely void out the transaction if cash is accidentally hit instead of card.

Jon D.
  • Industry: Hospitality

There's Nothing Similar!

Salon iris provides the MOST options within a platform on the market. We have access to unlimited amounts of data and that proves to be a HUGE factor in helping us develop our business strategy year over year.

Pros

We love the amount of customization that salon iris has! The ability to run reports on copious amounts of data that date back years and years is extremely beneficial to our business! We are able to better serve our clients because we can see the data over long periods of time.
The customer service is like nowhere else! Everyone is always eager to help and genuinely interested in teaching you how to solve your problems. Each time we've needed assistance they go above and beyond!
We love that they're constantly making updates to help us better communicate with our clients whether its through email or text marketing!

Cons

The only issue that we deal with on a daily basis is the online booking system. It is not as user friendly as it could be and that is the only area where the lack of control , that we have as a client, is difficult because we cannot best accommodate out customers. Due to the way we operate as a salon the online booking is more often a headache for staff and clients because clients see multiple stylists during their visit and the system just doesn't have the intelligence to condense appointments. OR separate each portion of the service. I would love to be able to chose certain services that are able to book on a 15 or 30 and have other services remain only able to book on the hour.

We love that there is a mobile app but the interface is VERY different than the server version making it sometimes difficult or confusing when trying to operate the data base. Something that a few other platforms have, is customer apps where they can more easily access their personal information and appointments.
Due to the fact that its an american software, understandably, Salon Iris uses american services such as card connect but because we are a Canadian business we have to find other ways of accepting deposits and credit card information.

Overall the platform is a little dated and simple things like being able to have multiple windows open at once or being able to move windows around on the screen while they are open would be simple changes that make it a more user friendly experience.

Summer A.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 10/09/2019

I used this product for 3 years

I found the help desk very difficult to deal with. They sell a product worldwide but only provide USA office hours to receive calls. When I sold the business we had to phone them a NUMBER of times to change the owner and credit card details. No matter what we did it defaulted to me. I felt the help desk to be not that helpful.
The software is actually too difficult to use for the majority of salon staff. I think if I would have known how difficult it was to use and if I had found a simpler, more easy to use one I would have chosen that one.

Pros

I liked that you could save a lot of data and be able to analyze it later on. Once you get the hang of certain features it was easy to use.. I liked that I could use the app on my phone. This was a useful feature.

Cons

Even at the end of 3 years I don't think I really got a grasp on the actual capabilities of the software... it is actually not easy to use. A lot of the features that I was able to decipher were not logical. Although highly adaptable, there are some aspects that bizarrely are not. Inventory was a disaster.
The system was also slow, in terms of just logging a single transaction took time.
I really disliked that I could not use the app out of hours as the system needed to be on and connected to the internet to use. I also didn't like that it was that expensive to use the app. The app often froze and needed restarting, it was not as stable as the salon iris software itself.

Pam A.

Reports discrepancies

Some of the reports are false can’t use them and the information is key to growing my business

Pros

The ease of making reservations and text messaging has become more versatile. .............................

Cons

There are reports that are false and give me misinformation that I desperately need. for instance the rebook report counts the services not the tickets. We have stylists who’s changes are based on their level. We have to go in to each service and change their service charges.

Kitwana M.

Great Product.

I have been using this software for over seven years now. They have improved greatly over the years and I like that they are constantly upgrading and improving to provide more options and be more user friendly.

Pros

Very user friendly. This software is a life saver. Keeps all stylist calendars organized. It is fully customizable.

Cons

Some of the a la carte items are a bit pricey.

Karie C.

Reviewed on 15/04/2019

Salon Iris pros/cons

It has improved with the new "premium support" but I have certainly had my challenges with the tech team department. Issues with taking the client seriously when they are having an issue and not making them feel like it's their fault. My only other complaint would be the time it takes to either make fixes or to implement suggestions. But I love the monthly rate with unlimited support feature. I love how I can always get the latest version with the monthly rate.

Pros

I like the ease of using this program and the multiple reports it has. I like how it can help keep our business organised and like that I can upload digital client consent forms to their profile. My staff love the SI app where they can manage their schedules and book clients in while they are out and about.

Cons

The payroll program needs to be functional for Canadians and also wanting the online booking system to take credit cards when a client books an appointment, at least for all new clients.

Umarin W.

Reviewed on 30/01/2020

Great software but need additonal features

I have been with Salon iris for over 12 years. I hope there will be more improvement for marketing, online giftcard and free sms and emails to employees. I got charged a lot in months in use them. Very expensive for small business.

Pros

user friendly, serve all basic needs for spa. Very easy to train to staff and used by clients online.
I will suggest anyone who is not the tech savy to use salon iris over other software.

Cons

1. You cannot offer complicated package like another software, integrating package usage for same households
2. no intake form and sales offer online.
3.Cannot use if the main computer is off.

Rebecca A.

Salon Iris review

Monthly and Quartly reports have become must simpler for me the the use of Salon Iris.
Scheduling appointments in advance especially for weekly customers is much easier.

Pros

I really like the versatility of being able to customize this program to our business.
The Program is very easy to learn.
I also like being able to look up past history of clients, pulling reports that let me know who has not visited for a service in a specific amount of time.

Cons

I have some difficulty using the software to its full potential. I dont have a lot of time to teach myself how to use extra features.

Judith I.

9+ years of use

Salon iris has helped substantially with my day to day salon duties and reports. I can be a self-sufficient as I choose to be, and I always know exactly what’s happening with my business.

Pros

This software was simple to set up and easy to learn. I use all the features from booking appointments, to doing my own payroll. The added features of on-line booking and reminder texts are appreciated by our clients.

Cons

It is frustrating now that we have changed to the cloud based system that there is sometime a lag in switching from screen to screen. It also came as a surprise that with my upgrade, I could no longer easily export reports to QuickBooks. I can, but it is more of. Process now.

Denise S.

Reviewed on 17/01/2020

Best salon software

It has my tax reports for my business and most of all the reminders that are sent out the day before so it decreases the amount of "no shows".

Pros

Client reminders, clients history and reports for end of the year taxes. Everything is at a touch of a button in this software.

Cons

Sometimes when I am using my iphone to schedule a client it puts the time and day I'm on at the moment. I always click on the day and time I want (and at times it does works) but most of the time it does not.

Jenny P.

A Salon must have!

I love that Salon Iris is easy to use. It's simplified my business and my life. I no longer spend hours getting back to emails from my clients asking for appointments due to the simple, easy to use book online function. I'm able to keep track of inventory, sales, and it makes my tax season a breeze. Not to mention the reminder emails!! I no longer have to spend time at the end of my day, when I'm tired and just want to go home, calling clients to remind them of their appointments.

Pros

The function I like the best out of Salon Iris is the book online option. It's made my life so much easier!

Cons

The function I like the least is the mobile version of Salon Iris. Unfortunately it doesn't work as well as I had hoped.

Megan K.

Reviewed on 16/06/2020

Easy and accessible!!

Pros

We love that we can access our schedule from anywhere, not just while physically at work. They system is easy to use, and sends out confirmations so we don’t have to!

Cons

I really needed a program with a complete payroll system. All our stylists are employed by the salon, so we need to calculate taxes. We didn’t want a monthly subscription to yet another service, so we had to pay for our current downloaded software to be updated. On the mobile app for iPhones, I can’t see the complete pop-up screen. If I want to modify an app, I have to go to the desktop. I end up just blocking off time until I can do so. Appointments sometimes move on their own which is super confusing, but I usually catch them relatively quickly as I look at the books quite often.

Vivian H.

Reviewed on 18/05/2014

I reviewed this item several years ago. I just wanted to update to clients looking or salon software. Salon Iris is a great expensive software for those looking for reports, payroll, booking, online booking options and mobile booking. Online booking is $30 extra. Mobile access is $9 per tech extra. To store data in "the cloud" it is $19 extra, get it cause I lost data twice. This is a good overall complete salon booking & POS program if you don't mind paying several hundreds of dollars to upgrade every 2-3 years. They need to upgrade their online booking software with mobile app access for clients and work out the kinks in the mobile app that they started a few years ago based on feedback from actual users.

Pros:
Very professional system. Marketing options. Free email & text reminders that you can edit. Multiple up to three services to book at one time online, not many software systems offer that. Great record options for sales, inventory and payroll. Somewhat easy to use online booking. Offers resource options to avoid double booking equipment/rooms. Offers POS options like a register. It will take a while to learn the system but they offer easy instructions and videos to learn how to use each service. The online booking option offers a nice website. They give an option to pay monthly for their software with a key you must enter monthly.

Cons:
Can't delete mobile appointments. Purchasing the system does not end after the buy. After purchasing the system I have paid $500-800 to upgrade twice since my original purchase in 2008. I did not pay for the last upgrade a few years ago. Upgrades can crash an old computer so you must use an updated computer for this software. The online booking website has not been updated/upgraded for over 8 years. Double books appointments when booking online. The company offers limited assistance until it's "upgrading time". Then you must pay for help and get no more upgrades.

Adiel R.

Reviewed on 16/01/2020

Salón iris works for me!

Overall I give it an 85% approval. I like all the perks it’s got and will continue to use it.

Pros

Easy to use on a desktop and easy function on the app phone.... Love the email reminders and text message sent to all my clients. It has minimize no-shows.I

Cons

Not being able to see my schedule on my phone when we lose Internet on our desktop. Also not being able to make an appointment without the computer being connected to the app schedule.

Heather G.

Makes life easier

I love the text confirmations.The business reports really help me steer the ship!

Pros

Salon Iris is wonderful and has made the reception duties a breeze. Also keeps track of all the important business info.

Cons

After 6 plus years of using I still don’t utilize all its features. I really wish there were more training on the marketing/ business features. Like a workshop for business or even online industry specific training courses.

Larissa G.

Reviewed on 21/01/2020

We thrive with this program

We have work with this program for over 15 years now and it was the first we converted to from paper to pencil booking and never looked back.

Pros

How organized it keep everything. We can check notes, previous appointments or products purchases...etc. Very helpful to our business.

Cons

We a trying to figure out the frequency of confirming and canceling appointment notifications. Some of the clients don't enjoy to constant sending of confirmed messages.

Jocelyn S.

Reviewed on 21/01/2020

Hair stylist/owner

I will continue using Salon Iris as long as I’m doing hair.

Pros

The ease of booking appointments, tracking my numbers, notifying clients, is the best. I’ve been using this software for 14 years now and love it!.

Cons

The software used to provide the ability for you to put a credit on someone’s account. That is invaluable to me and it’s not in the software I pay for now on a monthly basis.

Valeita P.

Reviewed on 03/02/2020

15 years of salon iris

I have been very dependent on Salon Iris for 15 years. I have went from desktop computers to managing everything from my phone all over the world. Salon iris has never let me down.

Pros

Very user friendly. When downsizing my business of 14 years it was a smooth transition from having multiple user software to using single user software. The price was excellent.

Cons

I lost all client and financial history when transitioning from multiple users to the single user software.

Athena C.
  • Industry: Photography

Reviewed on 14/06/2017

I love that I have my work schedule in the palm of my hand. I have had excellent customer...

Convenience of doing business even when I am not home as I live in a small city and bump into client who decide on the fly to book an appointment and I can do that for them .

Pros

That I can sell a gift certificate or book a client to look up a previous purchases any where that I may be .

Cons

I get very annoyed when my WiFi at home gets turned off because I have teenagers and I can not access my program in a perfect world the program would work even without the main computer on ... can this possibly be solved ;)

Wendy L.

Salon Iris

This has worked well for me for the past 15 years are so. So why change it...

Pros

Keeps track of all my data and easy for quarterly and end of year taxes. Keeps track of all my client info.

Cons

I don’t like that after I close a ticket I can’t reopen and edit it. And I can’t close a ticket and book it at the same time now I have to book it first not a fan that just changed it an update recently.

Bruce T.
  • Industry: Newspapers

Reviewed on 21/03/2017

Michael Carroll

I am happy to say that I'm glad I selected to use IRIS software to help manage my company over your competitors. Moreover, my partners and I are happy with the support department. We had one bad experienced with a technical support member but when our rep called us back to apologize and spent 1.57 hour to help guide us to better understand the software. Our rep is very patient and took his time walk us through the process of setting up the software and took his time showing us the great things IRIS offers that we didn't know about. Our rep is exactly what Customer Satisfaction truly means. Thank You and please keep up the GREAT job!

Pros

Customers tracking, Taxes, appointment reminders. Many options and features.

Cons

Cash draw opens on credit card purchase and the "comments" on the ticket does not show on the ticket when printed. The "comments" actually important to us and probably to other users.

Mendy Z.

Reviewed on 12/06/2018

Overall Salon iris is a blessing

Pros

i have been using salon iris for about 4 years now it has done wonders for me taking me from a pen and paper business to digitizing my appointments,
Customer service is a breeze (most of the time) short hold.

Cons

2 important think i would like to see added to this software and then this will be the best spa software out there
a better online booking
and intake and treatment record option

Chelsea D.

Reviewed on 15/03/2019

Newest version has some flaws

Overall- I like the program and would recommend to other salons!

Pros

I love that there are so many features and customer support is always quick to help. Their support chat is the best!

Cons

The newest version, in my opinion, has some flaws. The client search feature when adding a ticket limits you and is more difficult to find a client quickly. The app is clunky and not always easy to use.